Sep

Heads Up: President Obama at Bowling Green State University

1:05 (approx): President Obama delivers remarks at Bowling Green State University, Ohio

C-Span * CNN * CBS 1 * CBS 2

Enthusiasm gap? :lol:

Later:

5:30: President Obama delivers remarks at Kent State University, Ohio

Email from Jeremy Bird, National Field Director, Obama for America:

If you think your $5 isn’t enough to make a difference in this campaign, take a minute to read the letter below – it’s officially gone viral among campaign staff (with the sender’s permission).

The most powerful thing about making a donation is that you’re joining more than 3 million other Americans who believe ordinary people should decide this election.

It adds up. And it depends on each of us doing our part:

Thanks, Jeremy

————–

Dear President Obama,

I’m writing to tell you about the $15 my family just donated to your 2012 campaign.

It was $15. That’s really all we could give.

My husband Steve is currently a student at Temple University. Since starting his degree, three years ago, we’ve been living considerably below the poverty level (I keep forgetting which percent … does it matter?). But we aren’t complaining. Two healthy daughters; dusty, well-travelled backpacks in the basement; a house full of memories — a future full of hope. We’re the lucky ones.

So — we’re currently “poor on money — rich in life” (as we like to say). It hasn’t always been like this. My husband spent most of his life doing what he loved — playing or coaching basketball. Born in SE Iowa, he was an Academic All-American and once-upon-two-good-knees-ago, the “local town hero” of his small town — after bringing home the State Championship during high school, followed by NJCAA National Championship years later as a coach. He’s a big a fan of yours by the way … as a player, father and president … not necessarily in that order.

But this really wasn’t supposed to be a letter about him.

It’s about this year’s campaign. It’s about wanting to say that $15 means something these days and deserves a moment of pause (and some words on paper) for this girl and her family of Obama fans.

– $15 is a special pizza dinner at our local pizza stop (Poppi’s in Wynnewood).
— It’s 1 1/2 tickets to see the newest film at the old-school cinema we walk our daughters to.
— It’s getting fresh fruit, instead of frozen; fresh veg, instead of canned.
— It’s tickets to the Franklin Institute in the heart of Philly. (We’ve never been.)

It’s all these things to a family like ours.

I’ve listened with curiosity, mostly frustration, as the nation debates Citizens’ United and the string of new laws that now allow the bellowing voices of private interest to drown out the sounds of tiny voices (like ours/mine). Our pebble-in-the-ocean support feels almost pointless. “Leave the campaigns to the rich,” I think to myself, “Get your daughters a pizza instead.”

But I refuse to allow new laws to stop us/me from being A PART of this campaign. After all, I will never be a “player” (in the political sense), but I still want to believe I can play a part.

Then, out of the blue, there you are — shooting a jumpshot on my (Facebook) wall — and asking for “players” to join you on your home court. I had to smile, and then I couldn’t resist. And so, I have relinquished those $15.

Please know that they count. To us. Please stay in Washington. Do, in this second term, what you were not assisted/supported to do during your first term. Get this country moving/working/hoping again.

Please continue being a champion for the middle class — I’m hoping the next pizza will be on you.

Wishes to your brave wife and beautiful daughters from another brave wife with two beautiful daughters.

All good things,

Sandy & Family, PA

While you’re waiting….

Thanks Bob!

198 Responses to “Heads Up: President Obama at Bowling Green State University”

1. 13 Proud Former White House Intern
    September 26, 2012 at 12:39 pm

Cool

September 26, 2012 at 12:41 pm

See! Congrats ObamaBoy! You did it! :lol:

3. September 26, 2012 at 12:42 pm

You Can’t Pray #TheStench Away ….

So looking forward to what our President has to say today, given all the new material #TheStench & #LyinRyan have provided in the past 48 h :)

#FORWARD

4. September 26, 2012 at 12:49 pm

“Some men see things as they are and say why? I dream things that never were and say “Why not?”
    – Robert F. Kennedy

This is the difference between the GOP and us.

• September 26, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Dr.D where do you come up with these awesome RFK quotes? I was just writing about him the other day.

• 27 utaustinliberal
      September 26, 2012 at 2:22 pm

Thanks. Gave me something wonderful to tweet about.

5. 28 yardarm756
    September 26, 2012 at 12:49 pm

I hate to be an alarmist but our fight to a two tiered one. Behind the Presidential elections are the other ones. If PBO has no Congressional support then we’re spittin’ in the wind. Local elections are also very important. #PRESSON!

6. 33 JER
    September 26, 2012 at 12:52 pm

CNN Stream for PBO is up now.

7. 38 PhillyinJA
    September 26, 2012 at 12:55 pm

Hey guys how are you? I’d like a little help please. Can someone point me to the link where I can watch the full content of the president and the first lady on the view. Thanks in advance.

8. September 26, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Dudette’s twitter was hacked. Ignore any DM you receive from that account.

• September 26, 2012 at 1:33 pm

I think Yardarm was hacked too – I got the same message from him

• September 26, 2012 at 1:38 pm

Sounds like someone is targeting TOD people. Edwina’s was hacked as well.

September 26, 2012 at 2:34 pm

Was thinking the same thing, Tien, though I thought the target was Dem tweeters. One of my contacts whom I didn’t know as a TOD-er was also hacked. If they think hacking will deter us it shows how out of touch and ‘simplistic’ they really are.

• 46 jackiegrumbacher
        September 26, 2012 at 3:00 pm

I did, too, BG, and also from Dudette.

• 47 Geeja
          September 26, 2012 at 3:10 pm

I received them also from Dudette and Yardarm. I think TOD is a target. I sent tweet to @TheObamaDiary to warn everyone.

• 48 Dudette
            September 26, 2012 at 7:19 pm

SORRY GUYS! I clicked on a spam link in a Direct Message. Didn’t realize it was a phishing scam. I’m used to those in email; forgot that could happen in Twitter also. :-(

If you received a DM that looks like it came from me (or Yardarm) that has a link in it — DON’T CLICK THE LINK, just delete it. If you already clicked a link from one of those, it would be prudent to delete the message and change your Twitter password.

My sincerest apologies!

9. September 26, 2012 at 1:05 pm

Chip, my love, did you see the email Jeremy Bird just sent?

September 26, 2012 at 1:17 pm

Stand alone BIG FAT BRASS ONES. He is such a dangerous pathological liar.

• 61 donna dem 4 obama
        September 26, 2012 at 1:27 pm

I’m convinced that he believes his lies. God, please don’t let this man anywhere near the White House other than as a tourist.

• 62 Nena20409
          September 26, 2012 at 1:33 pm

In 2008, Huckabee said: That Romney had No SOUL. McCain had such dislike to the man…he thought that Romney had No Core. At 65yrs old…..there has got to be something seriously wrong with Willard, medically.

Reagan was forgetful and at least a couple of times lost his way on TV….one at a debate and the other during a news conference. This was in 1984 or so. In 1994, We were told that Reagan had Alzheimer.

Willard is just not all there. Just saying.

• 63 LDS
          September 26, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Not even as a tourist, Donna. He may think he can move in since it has been reported they are measuring for drapes. Just keep him out of D.C., period. He has enough homes already!

• September 26, 2012 at 1:32 pm

10. 65 Nena20409
    September 26, 2012 at 1:20 pm

Tenative DEAL reached with Owners and the Refs they locked out. How fast that got done?

11. 66 squarepeg
    September 26, 2012 at 1:23 pm

September 26, 2012 at 1:25 pm

THUNDEROUS!!!

13. 68 Nena20409
    September 26, 2012 at 1:28 pm

Interesting? Gallup now has pres Obama at 50% and Romney at 44%? How convenient? Yesterday, it was pres Obama 3% ahead. So what happened in 24 hours, Gallup? A Tsunami?

14. September 26, 2012 at 1:29 pm

“he approves this message” sore laughing muscles

• 72 COS
      September 26, 2012 at 2:31 pm

“Fake ear pieces”???? My goodness, is there anything real about this man?

• 74 Obama Grandmama
      September 26, 2012 at 5:33 pm

I wonder if they will have another ad later saying something about his staff and he taking all the harddrives of the computers when he left MA as governor? They could include the missing records from his time at the Olympics, as well as tax summaries vs complete taxes.

September 26, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Pres. Obama is off to a wonderful start.

16. September 26, 2012 at 1:32 pm

Don’t boo. Vote. And PBO looks around. When we looks around to him those standing behind him and repeats, “vote,” the girls behind him start to scream. Love it!

17. September 26, 2012 at 1:39 pm

• 79 donna dem 4 obama
      September 26, 2012 at 2:10 pm

True Confessions: I go on C-span and watch the introduction of all of his speeches. I love to see him introduced and the crowds reaction. Then I scroll to the end and watch him shake hands.

Yes, I am obsessed with our President.

There.You.Have.It ;)

18. 84 Grab a Mop Grace
    September 26, 2012 at 1:41 pm

After PBO says “don’t boo , Vote” MSNBC goes to the feed of Romney at his event. Romney is in the middle of this dry, wonky explanation of rebar and how it’s used in roadways…blah, blah. The people behind him on the stage were staring off into space and falling asleep.
    I am alone in my kitchen LMAO.

Obama/Biden 2012

19. September 26, 2012 at 1:45 pm

WASHINGTON — President Obama has blocked out three days to prepare for the October debates, but with the constant pressures that come with one of the world’s most important jobs, aides worry he may not get enough practice at the podium.
    The debate retreat, scheduled to start Sunday in Henderson, Nev., a suburb that sprawls away from Las Vegas, includes time for the daily battery of presidential meetings, leaving room for three afternoon debate sessions — if no crises flare up. Obama has already canceled some debate preparation because of events in the Middle East, said Jen Psaki, his campaign press secretary.
    “He has had to balance the management of world events, governing, time out campaigning,” she said. “He’ll have less time than we anticipated to sharpen and cut down his tendency to give long, substantive answers.”

20. September 26, 2012 at 1:54 pm

Watching PBO in Bowling Green after have watched a few snippets of Romney-Ryan yesterday (were they at an airport?), the difference is so increcibly stark. So much enthusiasm for PBO. And he looks like he’s having fun. Romney looks frantic. And acts frantic.

21. 95 SUE DUVALL SMITH
    September 26, 2012 at 2:04 pm

PBO LIT A MATCH IN BOWLING GREEN…THEY’RE FIRED UP AND READY TO GO! AWESOME SPEECH AND THEY LOVE HIM…WE’VE GOT HIS BACK! WE LOVE YOU MR. PRESIDENT!…:)

September 26, 2012 at 2:06 pm

That was so much fun. Pres. Obama is getting more fired up as the election approaches.

23. 97 SUE DUVALL SMITH
    September 26, 2012 at 2:10 pm

AN AD ABOUT CARING FOR AND WELCOMING OUR VETERANS WOULD BE AWESOME…INCLUDING THE FACT THAT MITTENS WAS MISSING FROM DUTY IN VIETNAM…DRAFT DODGER….MORE VETS NEED TO SEE THIS!

September 26, 2012 at 2:13 pm

• 99 theo67
      September 26, 2012 at 4:18 pm

Can I just ask – exactly what was Sheri from the View trying to ask when Michelle told her “I’m not going to tell you that!”? As she was winding up her question, both the President and FL Michelle were looking at her like, “where exactly are you going with this question”… And Michelle’s response was absolutely perfect. This Sheri has some issues, I think…

• 102 Sharon
      September 26, 2012 at 4:25 pm

And she will be in Wisconsin (Appleton) and Iowa on Friday.

25. September 26, 2012 at 2:15 pm

Home prices hit five year high, in August.

That is important.

26. 104 PoliticalJunkessa
    September 26, 2012 at 2:20 pm

What an absolutely gorgeous letter from Sandy and her family — so humble, giving and hopeful despite the circumstances. This is REAL America!

27. 105 edp4bho
    September 26, 2012 at 2:22 pm

Per usual, PBO’s crowd was elated and ready. But, that video of MJ…. ! Now I cannot stomach anyone at that table, I do not watch the show, and just a couple weeks ago I lamented the awfulness that is Ed Rendell, but I must say…….he was the only one sitting there with a big grin on his face, and Mikka was incredulous. :-D That was pure comedy. I’ve watched it several times since last night, and Romney truly is the “Ted Baxter” of politics. To quote Louie DePalma …”what a boob !!” :-D

28. September 26, 2012 at 2:24 pm

TODer twitter brigade, there is a LOT of DM spam floating around. I just got a couple from yardarm and Dudette with a link to Facebook. Don’t follow the link and delete the DM.

29. September 26, 2012 at 2:33 pm

A Republican elections board member walked out of a meeting Tuesday morning in protest when a Democratic member proposed extending early voting hours to the weekend before the election.

“I’m no longer at this meeting,” Ray Weber, the only GOP member of the four-person board at the meeting, said as he jumped up to leave in a huff. “I don’t believe you have a quorum.”

Wayne Jones and Tim Gorbach, the two Democratic members, then voted 2-0 to allow in-person early voting at the board on the three days before the Nov. 6 election.

Whether this vote will count isn’t clear at this point.

Matt McClellan, a spokesman for Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted, said Tuesday afternoon that, when a member excuses himself or herself, he or she is no longer considered present at the meeting.

“I don’t think we believe a quorum was present at the time that the vote occurred,” he said.

Mary Ann Kovach, chief legal counsel for the Summit County Prosecutor’s Office who was at the board meeting, however, told Tim Gorbach, the Democratic chairman of the board in an email Tuesday afternoon, that she thinks the board had a quorum because Weber was still in the room when the vote occurred.

“In effect, he abstained from the vote,” Kovach said in an email. “Under these facts, with a quorum present, the votes count in favor of passage of Mr. Jones’ motion.”

This could be a break, for democrats. Me thinks, this should be Tweeted to Axelrod, let them know what’s up!

30. September 26, 2012 at 2:45 pm

BEDFORD HEIGHTS — Mike Rowe, host of the Discovery channel’s “Dirty Jobs,” told the crowd gathered to hear Mitt Romney talk about manufacturing and trade told those gathered in wire plant that Ohio’s “road kill is second to none.”

I don’t get it?

September 26, 2012 at 2:46 pm

Has anyone posted this little interactive activity yet? Desertf loves these little doodads, but I’m guessing she is currently in class.

32. September 26, 2012 at 2:46 pm

• 115 symmetry11
      September 26, 2012 at 2:53 pm

The message that I got said something along the lines of me being a Facebook Star. Don’t click on any of it.

• September 26, 2012 at 2:57 pm

Exactly.

The way this scam works is that someone receives a DM that tries to lure them to click on a link that appears to be legit but is actually a phish trap for login/passwd. Once loaded, the bot then leverages it to lure others. Be sure to never use the login/passwd you use on sites like Twitter, WordPress, FB, etc., for any other account – especially your bank account, credit union, etc., login.

#PRESSON

• September 26, 2012 at 3:10 pm

I got that too Symmetry – I’d love to know if it’s just PBO supporters who are getting this stuff today, or is it a Twitter-wide thing?

• 120 Dudette
        September 26, 2012 at 7:22 pm

Yeh, I was gullible and clicked on one. I don’t even have a Facebook account. Learned a hard lesson today.

• September 26, 2012 at 2:57 pm

I have been through this. It is misearable. The sooner you delete and change your password, the better.

• 122 57andfemale
      September 26, 2012 at 3:29 pm

I’ve never enabled any of these messages or email alerts. I check twitter, FB and everywhere else at my own pace. guess that was smart, huh?

• 123 utaustinliberal
        September 26, 2012 at 3:43 pm

That’s not how it works. Whether you enabled email alerts or whatever or you didn’t is not the way twitter works. Everyone has DM and everyone gets occasionally spammed.

• 124 57andfemale
          September 26, 2012 at 4:03 pm

Me be stupid: what is “DM”?

• September 26, 2012 at 4:15 pm

Direct message. If two people follow each other, it’s a way to send a message directly to their mailbox.

• September 26, 2012 at 4:18 pm

It’s very insidious because it’s hard to tell where the spam originated. I got one from yardarm and one from Dudette because I follow them but I have no idea where they got it. So it’s not just a case of me unfollowing anybody.

• 127 57andfemale
              September 26, 2012 at 4:20 pm

I didn’t even know about that. Obviously no one sends me messages. I feel so lonely.

• 128 utaustinliberal
            September 26, 2012 at 4:27 pm

DM means “Direct Message” If you click the circle like thing next to the blue tweet box on the top right of your twitter page, a drop down menu comes down and you’ll see “Direct Message” “Lists” “Help” “Sign Out” etc. DM’s are used for sending private messages to someone you follow. You can only send the private message if they are following you back.

• 129 57andfemale
              September 26, 2012 at 4:53 pm

Thanks. I’m exploring now that it’s been brought to my attention that I should be exploring. Then where does a DM show up? On your TL?

thanks for putting up with stupid, old me.

33. 132 japa21
    September 26, 2012 at 3:15 pm

Even though the Mrs and I have donated so we could possibly win a dinner with PBO, I really, really would like to see Sandy and Steve get to go, even ahead of me.

34. September 26, 2012 at 3:16 pm

35. 137 forus50
    September 26, 2012 at 3:18 pm

September 26, 2012 at 3:19 pm
  37. 145 dotster3
    September 26, 2012 at 3:36 pm

chips, some great postable photos here from Bowling Green

38. 147 Dudette
    September 26, 2012 at 3:46 pm

Help Bob, Amk — Twitter/Facebook experts. Are you there? I keep getting messages from people on Twitter with links to supposedly something on Facebook about me. They think it’s me doing something — I’m not sure what, but apparently, it’s not very flattering. No one will be specific. I don’t even have a Facebook account, so it’s DEFINITELY NOT ME. Any suggestions on what to do?

39. September 26, 2012 at 3:46 pm

40. September 26, 2012 at 3:54 pm

What they really think of #TheStench ….

41. 160 57andfemale
    September 26, 2012 at 4:04 pm

For the Village Idiots: PBO is NOT Jimmy Carter. DimMitt is definitely NOT Ronald Reagan. And it is NOT 1980!

42. September 26, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Ha ha!!!! Martin Bashir opens his show sniffing, then says get ready for ‘the stench’. I lubb Martin Bashir!1
    btw, My favorite part of the Skipper and Gilligan video at the rally on the tarmac is watching Ryan’s body language. He leaves Mitt out to dry. Then look at how he puts his hands in his jacket pocket, then takes them out, only to put them in his pants pocket. Not once, does he help by joining Mitt in the chant. He uses his hand to say the floor’s yours. You started it.

• 162 theo67
      September 26, 2012 at 4:49 pm

It’s funny – only a month ago, Paul Ryan was waxing poetic about how his conversation with Mitt when Mitt asked for his hand as VP was the most emotional conversation he’s ever had. Now, they are barely talking…

43. September 26, 2012 at 4:06 pm

photo/

44. 169 57andfemale
    September 26, 2012 at 4:07 pm

heh:

45. 170 squarepeg
    September 26, 2012 at 4:09 pm

Aw man, Ryan gave that horrible insensitive answer to a woman who makes only $700 a month….smh

46. 171 dotster3
    September 26, 2012 at 4:15 pm

I see AP is out with a big misleading story about no enthusiasm on college campuses for President Obama this election. Does the AP not realize that we can see the lines stretching for miles and the overflow crowds in the thousands at all his events on our teevee machines and on our internets?

47. 172 Linda
    September 26, 2012 at 4:17 pm

Capeheart is a complete idiot….

September 26, 2012 at 4:42 pm

I’ve contacted some of these complete idiot writers before, to let them know we are watching them make complete idiots out of themselves, and they usually answer that they are stridently “independent,” when, of course, we know they are not. Most are probably told by their employers to take a middle-of-the-road approach, to look objective. But, instead, as you called it, they just look like complete idiots, at times, until they personally get frosted about some topic, and then they go roguely left, employer be damned.

• 174 cookemom
      September 26, 2012 at 4:45 pm

I was watching him. What did he say that made him an idiot?

• 175 utaustinliberal
      September 26, 2012 at 4:58 pm

I watched him today and he did not sound idiotic at all. What makes you say that?

48. September 26, 2012 at 4:20 pm

49. September 26, 2012 at 4:39 pm

50. September 26, 2012 at 4:43 pm

51. 179 57andfemale
    September 26, 2012 at 4:44 pm

PPP has Chris Murphy extending his lead over Linda McMahon, 48-42. And Lieberman will be gone, thank GOD.

52. 180 xtine
    September 26, 2012 at 4:48 pm

There’s something really stenchy about these people:

“Ann Romney also admitted to her own less-than-perfect parenting moment — saving time before church in the morning by dressing her sons before they went to bed.”

• 182 xtine
      September 26, 2012 at 4:56 pm

What the heck was she wearing on Jay Leno?!!! And then there’s this, especially the last sentence, had me yelling STOP IT! and a few other words:

“It’s a very frustrating thing, because you try so hard to get your message out and you try so hard to let people know, you know, this is a guy that I know cares. This is a guy that cares about the hundred percent.”

• 183 theo67
        September 26, 2012 at 5:09 pm

She’s clueless – it doesn’t even occur to her that her party has been lying about President Obama and Michelle Obama this whole time, and that the “message” her husband has been trying to get out is a tale of lies. Aaarrrrggghhh!

• September 26, 2012 at 5:21 pm

OMG, that outfit is FUGLY and truly a hot mess. WOW.

• 185 jackiegrumbacher
      September 26, 2012 at 5:00 pm

What I have always found very bizarre about Ann Romney is that she is constantly obsessing about her life in the 70’s. Her “children” are all grown men in their forties, fully able to dress and take care of themselves for a very long time. Has she had no other life or interests? What happened when her sons left for college? Did she just constantly relive their childhood? We raised our children in the 70’s and early 80’s but I don’t continually dwell on it. I had interesting jobs to do, friendships to build, books to read and interests to cultivate. Did she have any life at all beyond those child rearing years.

• 186 theo67
        September 26, 2012 at 5:10 pm

I think this is a very valid question – she appears to have no personal identity. She is always referring to them as “boys”, even though they are fully grown with families of their own. I know mothers do this, but the way she does it seems to be stuck in a time warp – there’s something creepy about it.

• 187 Nena20409
        September 26, 2012 at 5:20 pm

Only Tagg is 42yrs old. The other 4 are in their 30s……the last was born in 1981.

Was she wearing leather on Jeno? She is 63 yrs old and it looks like she is competing with her daughters in-laws?

• September 26, 2012 at 5:18 pm

WTH? WHOA, there is some very serious weirdness in that family.

September 26, 2012 at 4:51 pm

Martin Bashir just showed that Pres. Obama’s Kent State rally is already streaming.

54. 190 squarepeg
    September 26, 2012 at 4:57 pm

Some idiot on Bashir Martin just said Obama didn’t do that great in the 08 debates so now his chance to do a little better. WHATEVER.

• 191 jackiegrumbacher
      September 26, 2012 at 5:02 pm

Let them say that squarepeg. PBO won every debate with McCain hands down. It doesn’t matter what they say, it’s what the president does that counts.

• 192 Nena20409
        September 26, 2012 at 5:24 pm

But it wasn’t the pundits that called the debates as Wins for then sen Obama. CBS has a tracking poll scheme, then CNN had something and so did Fox. CBS was quick with their LIVE tracking instant polls. And based on their polling, helped thwart the pundits on Cable and TV from giving the Wins to McCain.

September 26, 2012 at 4:57 pm

Pres. Obama’s Kent State event has already begun streaming.

56. September 26, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Latest Electoral-vote.com projections:

Electoral College: Obama 328, Romney 206, Tie 4 (NH)
    Senate: Dems 52, GOP 46, Tie 2 (ME and MA)

Latest RCP Generic Congressional ballot spread: Dems +1.8 (And that’s before today’s PPP numbers showing Dems up by 4)

Every race is important. Giving as much time and money as you can is important. We need a sweep of the White House and both Houses of Congress to effect change.

57. 197 susanne
    September 26, 2012 at 5:50 pm

‘redistributing wealth’ ? yes, and the direction is UPWARD:

‘ During the past quarter-century, as progressivity was lessened and unions diminished, all productivity gains have gone to the wealthiest 10 percent, according to research published by the National Bureau of Economic Research. In 1955, at the height of union strength, the wealthiest 10 percent received 33 percent of the nation’s personal income. In 2007, they received 50 percent, Economic Policy Institute data show.

If that’s not redistribution, I don’t know what is.
    ~
    Indeed, the United States has experienced an upward redistribution so profound that it affects far more than incomes. Whole sectors of the economy and regions of the country have been decimated by these economic changes. ‘

58. 198 susanne
    September 26, 2012 at 5:56 pm

pbo changing the way washington works (as promised):

‘ A federal judge on Wednesday upheld an attempt by President Barack Obama to cut down the influence of lobbyists, ruling that Obama was within his authority when he barred them from serving on government boards.
    ~
    Although the lobbyists “may aspire to obtain this privileged access in order to advance their clients’ interests and their own careers,” the government is not required to “underwrite” their activity by giving them an advantage, she wrote.

Obama’s ban was one of several measures he implemented in 2009 themed around changing the Washington establishment. ‘