Sep

Oh……Ohio

Bowling Green, Ohio, Sept 26

See President Obama’s Ohio speeches at C-Span

Text of remarks here

***

:cool:

Riley Minich, of Fremont, overcome with emotion after hugging President Barack Obama, Bowling Green, Ohio, Sept 26

A boy reacts to the sound and wind created by the Marine One helicopter as it lands on the South Lawn of the White House before President Barack Obama departs for a campaign trip to Ohio

David Plouffe and Jay Carney

Toledo Express Airport, Ohio

Bowling Green State University, Ohio, Sept 26

Bowling Green State University, Ohio, Sept 26

President Obama arrives in North Canton, Ohio, on his way to Kent State University

Students line up outside The Memorial Athletic and Convocation Center to hear President Barack Obama speaK, Sept. 26, in Kent, Ohio

Kent State University, Ohio, Sept 26

Thursday:

10:0: President Obama departs the White House

11:50: Delivers remarks at a campaign event at Farm Bureau Live, in Virginia Beach, Va.

1:0: Departs Virginia Beach

2:10: Arrives at the White House

Cagle

183 Responses to “Oh……Ohio”

1. 1 Vicki Green
    September 26, 2012 at 8:36 pm

What a beautiful diary after a great day for Our President. Thank you, Chips

• 2 Bobfr (@Our4thEstate)
      September 26, 2012 at 8:41 pm

Congratulations on 1st, Vicki!!

Chips – in case you missed it at the bottom of the other thread, my Twitter account has been suspended and I’m trying to learn why.

Hopefully, they’ll restore it. Will keep all of you posted.

Yet another magnificent compilation of yet another stunning day of Leadership from the Obama Team!!!

Yes We Can

• 3 Dudette
        September 26, 2012 at 8:43 pm

Hi Bob!

Sorry to hear about your suspension. Must be some right-wing conspiracy. They’re scared of our Twitter-General!

September 26, 2012 at 8:47 pm

Censorship.

• September 26, 2012 at 8:59 pm

Huh?!?! What the hell??!! Bob, have you got any reason from them? This is seriously weird.

• September 26, 2012 at 9:02 pm

What’s up with Twitter these days?

Another person I follow was suspended for 2 days last week, with no explanation. Maybe you’ll be back in their good graces by Friday.

• 15 nathkatun7
        September 26, 2012 at 9:13 pm

Bob, left my response on the other thread! You are such an important and effective voice. We can’t afford to lose you! Not now when we are so close to winning.

• 16 Bobfr (@Our4thEstate)
          September 26, 2012 at 9:24 pm

Thank you Nath. I don’t want to have to create another account and distract my more than 3700 followers with having to figure out I’m @Our4thEstate. Will give it 24h and see what they do and go from there. Really appreciate your kind support!

#FORWARD

• 17 Bobfr (@Our4thEstate)
          September 26, 2012 at 9:48 pm

nath, returned to the other thread to read your comment and can’t tell you how much I appreciate it.

Whether Twitter will tell me the truth, or even respond to my request for reinstatement is to be seen. meta notes a technicality that they might use against me, i.e., trying to claim as spam the fact that I include in some tweets several addressees. If so, and they restore the account, I can certainly work with that constraint. If they offer no justification then I’ll create another account, inform all of you that it’s mine, and have at it again.

I have not thought past 6 Nov in terms of continuing to tweet because the only reasons I decided to do it were to support Team Obama and to support certain folk in Libya & Syria by expanding awareness of what is actually happening in those countries as opposed to what the corporate media spins.

We’ll see. For now …

#OutPerform1936

Yes We MUST!!

• 18 Dudette
            September 26, 2012 at 10:14 pm

When I was suspended a few days back, I was including multiple addresses in a single tweet, but the addresses were of groups with large numbers of members/followers. The fact that I was not a follower of some of those groups seemed to trigger a red flag — as if I was spamming the individuals following the groups (or at least that’s the impression that I was left with). The support rep recommended avoiding tweets to multiple addresses with high number of followers unless I too am a follower of the addresses in my tweet. Apparently the spam logic looks at the ultimate number of people who will receive the tweet and the number of degrees of separation in your relationship to them. He wouldn’t give me an actually number.

Hope that makes sense.

• 20 nathkatun7
            September 26, 2012 at 10:35 pm

You are so welcome, Bob! I always look forward to reading your tweets because you represent me/us so well. So, it’s you that is owed a great deal of thanks for all you do. I know whoever is trying to silence you doesn’t know how determined you are to spread TRUTH!

Press On, dear TRUTH warrior!

• 21 99ts
      September 26, 2012 at 8:48 pm

WTG Vicki – and what fabulous pictures they are

2. 22 Dudette
    September 26, 2012 at 8:41 pm

Good Evening! Way to go Vicki!

September 26, 2012 at 8:48 pm

Congrats, Vicki! Bobfr, was just reading your note re suspension when I saw the open door. So, what do you know about the reason?

• 24 Bobfr (@Our4thEstate)
      September 26, 2012 at 8:58 pm

No reason given, as yet, vc. We’ll see ….

#OutPerform1936

Yes We Can

September 26, 2012 at 9:03 pm

Oh yeah, #OutPerform1936! We can do THAT. Re. Twitter, I am curious to hear their explanation which I know you’ll share with us. Today had indeed been a weird twitter-day. Hang in there!

• September 26, 2012 at 9:09 pm

Bob, it may be as someone else the other day – multiple addressees on each tweet.

• 27 Bobfr (@Our4thEstate)
          September 26, 2012 at 9:13 pm

Perhaps, meta, but I hardly ever use the @reply feature, i.e., each of my tweets is composed as a new message. We’ll see. I can certainly modify my strategies :)

#PRESSON

September 26, 2012 at 9:20 pm

Sorry to hear about the suspension Bob. They could have at least given you a warning or tell you the reason why your account was suspended so that you could rectify the problem. I hope someone is not trying to silence the truth. Let’s hope that your account gets restored soon. We need our Twitter warrior back up and running!!!

• September 26, 2012 at 9:22 pm

But you’re still addressing a number of people in a single tweet, right? I think twitter views that as spamming. Anyway, hope it gets resolved soon.

• 30 Bobfr (@Our4thEstate)
            September 26, 2012 at 9:25 pm

Thanks, hf!!!

We’ll see, meta. I can certainly target those tweets individually, if necessary :)

#ADollarADayToOFA

4. 31 99ts
    September 26, 2012 at 8:55 pm

Nate Silver has update for today – Nov 6 forcast PBO 81.9% today forcast 97.8%
    No wonder the Romney folks don’t believe the polls

5. 33 Sharon
    September 26, 2012 at 8:58 pm

Here is something that will warm the hearts of many here. C-Span Washington Journal had a segment this morning with Nicholas Burns, a 27-year career diplomat now teaching. He is very objective which heightens his credibility and he has wonderful things to say about President Obama.

• September 26, 2012 at 9:28 pm

I listened to the first several minutes, and read the transcript for the calls (I don’t think my blood pressure could sit through all the calls). You’re right – he’s a right winger, but his analysis of President Obama’s speech and actions as Commander in Chief were very positive and reasoned. Thanks fro bringing this here.

September 26, 2012 at 9:43 pm

Thanks Sharon, that was interesting. I found Mr. Burns comments and answers quite good and I was making myself comfortable to listen all the way through when the section with phone-ins started. I managed to listen to the first two before starting to roll my eyes……

• 36 Sharon
        September 26, 2012 at 9:54 pm

I think it is interesting that these patent right wing talking points were brought up. Mr. Burns calmly and effectively swatted them down. It’s worth bearing through the questions to hear his answers. Mr. Burns is not a right-winger. He is a diplomat and thus allowed positive views on both Romney and Bush. He is not defending, he is giving his honest assessment and he admires President Obama very much.

September 26, 2012 at 10:04 pm

I might go back at it tomorrow. Right now I can’t stomach the stupid questions, though I do agree that Burns does a terrific job treating the questions seriously (at least the two I sat through). I learned something too – that the protection of the American embassy was not PBO’s ‘responsibility’. I’ll see how I feel tomorrow.

September 26, 2012 at 8:59 pm

Well Ms Chips, them there’s some nice pictures to summarize another wonderful day! Thanks. I now find myself looking for the signature in everyone, which means I’m actually now looking at them more carefully. ;) ;)

September 26, 2012 at 9:02 pm

It’s like “Where’s Waldo”…now I always look:) Chips, you got me with the little Kids for Obama though…I thought for sure that she loved TOD, because her shirt said so!

September 26, 2012 at 9:10 pm

You noticed how that one blended in so nicely, did you, Df? I actually was mentally repositioning a few of them, so I guess CC has found another way to keep us visually busy or entertained. There’s no limit to the many little things she does to keep us coming back. ;) ;)
        BTW, Df, did you see that little game-like thingy I posted earlier with you in mind? It was some kind of move-the-balls-around to see possible electoral college combinations for PBO and Mitt.

7. September 26, 2012 at 9:03 pm

re: RFK (“Heads Up Bowling Green” thread)
    To: drdaddy1970, susan and UTAustinLiberal (previous thread)

I’m Sally Draper’s (Mad Men) age, which means I was 14 and devastated when RFK was assassinated in Los Angeles (I grew up in the San Diego area).

RFK’s quote:
    “Some men see things as they are and say why? I dream things that never were and say “Why not?”
    is one that anyone who was a young supporter of his remembers to this day.

It drives me nuts when the TV talking heads/print pundits ramble on about how the Kennedys were wealthy but not despised. The answer is clear, if they would care to talk to someone who was alive in the 1960s (a few of us are still around).

The Kennedys did not hold the 99% in contempt, and JFK gave wonderful speeches about American vigor and how a rising tide lifts all boats.

R-money would prefer the rising tide to sink all boats except for the multi-million dollar private yachts.

• September 26, 2012 at 9:09 pm

Thanks for the reference – it’s just shocking how shallow many Americans have become.

• 47 jackiegrumbacher
      September 26, 2012 at 9:43 pm

Arapaho Romney doesn’t deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as JFK and RFK. I was about a decade older than you when JFK died and I was so devastated at this brilliant bright light being destroyed that I thought the US would never recover. And, in a way, I was right. I believe RFK would have won the nomination and I think he would have crushed Richard Nixon. Nixon embraced the Southern Strategy and exploited the divisions within the country. RFK would have been a healer.

• 48 daisydem
      September 26, 2012 at 10:26 pm

THAT is RIGHT! I am proudly a Kennedy fan … I was 9 when JFK was elected, only 12 when he was assassinated; I was devastated. At the age of 9 I looked like some of those children in the Ohio pictures above; I listened raptly to his speeches on television. I was a RFK fan and though I still could not vote (I was 18; you had to be 21) I followed every step, every word, every day of his campaign. When he was killed, my mother forbade me to watch tv or read the newspapers for a week : she did this for my own good; she was not being heartless, but a mother who was concerned about my level of emotion. The Kennedy’s fought for all of us and I never begrudged them their wealth, and I do not begrudge Romney his, but how he got it and the fact that he has nothing but disdain for those of us less fortunate.

September 26, 2012 at 9:04 pm

Someone should send this to VP Biden… http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/09/26/917881/capital-gains-rate-jobs-romney-ryan/

Ryan Justifies Romney’s Low Tax Rate: It’s Ok, Because He Created Jobs What the hell PLANET do these people live on???????????????

• 50 theo67
      September 26, 2012 at 9:33 pm

Which jobs did Romney create?

September 26, 2012 at 9:46 pm

Theo, I see you are asking all my questions and making all my observations for me. ;) This is exactly what I was about to ask!

• 52 theo67
          September 26, 2012 at 9:50 pm

My blood is boiling! I’ve run out of adjectives to describe the lowness of these liars on the right!!

My blood’s also boiling because a friend of mine had a Facebook update that said she “will not vote for Obama”. I used to think she was smart. Saying you won’t vote for President Obama is as bad as saying you will vote for Romney – even worse, in fact, because it means you’re willing to let someone you don’t believe in control your future and the future of your country. After hearing the right wingers say what their plans are for women, minorities, seniors, veterans, immigrants, the economy, regulations, the environment, health care, war, diplomatic relations, education – I just can’t think of someone who “will not vote for Obama” as a thinking, reasonable person. The only thing driving someone like that is sheer ignorance, or racism. And both are bad.

September 26, 2012 at 10:12 pm

I hear you, T. Deep breaths. There is no real answer for such ignorance, but, if by chance you speak to her before the election, and if by chance the subject comes up again, you might try telling her that even if she isn’t voting ‘for Obama’ she might try voting “for” herself and her family (assuming she has one), or even for the health and well-being of her friends. {I wonder why some of these disgruntled folks think that they are doing the President a personal favour (or not) by voting/not voting.}

• 54 theo67
              September 27, 2012 at 12:02 am

I’ve tried that, VC. She sees all my daily updates about Romney and President Obama on Facebook. Her eyes can only be open at this point. I just have to leave her be. Spend my time on those who want to prosper.

September 26, 2012 at 10:33 pm

We have to vote to save them from themselves…they know not what they do:)

• 59 Obama Grandmama
      September 26, 2012 at 10:56 pm

because he created jobs… where? in China?

9. September 26, 2012 at 9:05 pm

Re: Scott Brown vs. Elizabeth Warren’s Native American heritage:
    “Would the late Amb Chris Stevens have passed Scott Brown’s ‘she don’t look Indian” test?'”

The link in this tweet eventually ends up at this article:

“Stevens’ mother Mary Commanday is the first cousin of Chinook tribal elders Catherine Herrold Troeh and Charlotte Davis, both of whom are well known in Pacific County, the historic homeland of the tribe that met Lewis and Clark at the mouth of the Columbia River.”

Wow. Stevens was descended from those Native Americans who graciously gave American heroes Lewis and Clark shelter 200 years ago. (I’ve visited the Lewis and Clark National Historic Park near Astoria, Washington; beautiful, majestic area.)

10. 61 Cman
    September 26, 2012 at 9:05 pm

Haha like the TOD all over the pics. It’s like a where’s waldo game. Some are tttrricky!

• 62 Bobfr (@Our4thEstate)
      September 26, 2012 at 9:10 pm

Chips is definitely having a bunch of fun & I love it when she posts a big stack of photos and the watermark is in a different place and also non-obvious location, as you noticed Cman :D :D :D :D

#PRESSON

• September 26, 2012 at 9:17 pm

I’m weepin’ now Bob – one of our buddies here (you divil!! thanks for the email! ;-) ) asked mirror-site-spam guy earlier in the week where he found all these photos, he replied along the lines of “um, eh, well, ah…. they’re widely available”. Now? Every photo on his site has ‘TOD’ stamped on them. D’oh!! :lol:

• 64 Bobfr (@Our4thEstate)
          September 26, 2012 at 9:28 pm

:D :D :D :D :D

You truly deserve to be having all the fun that you are, Chips. And, what’s also cool is that all our comments mocking that fool are appearing on his reblog unless he takes the time to delete them, all the while, anyone visiting his trash can will see we are all onto his disgraceful behavior ;)

Yes We Can

11. September 26, 2012 at 9:07 pm

Chipstar, you are crackin’ me up with the TOD watermark. Very CREATIVE!!!!

September 26, 2012 at 9:12 pm

BOOM! We Dems FINALLY got the hang of this!!

• 74 PoliticalJunkessa
      September 26, 2012 at 9:21 pm

O.U.C.H.

• 75 theo67
      September 26, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Brilliant – in his own words.

• 76 Ladyhawke
      September 26, 2012 at 9:39 pm

This ad is just brutal. Indicting Willard with his own hypocritical words. Brilliant. Romney should have seen this one coming. His contempt for the voters is just astonishing. Kudos to the Dem Rapid Response Team. I lift my glass to you. Nicely done and with warp speed. More of this please….

13. September 26, 2012 at 9:13 pm

Beautiful round-up of Ohio! Everyone looks so vibrant and enthusiastic. I think they’re fired up and ready to go! :mrgreen:

September 26, 2012 at 9:14 pm

apparently the way to get tough on China is to hold fundraisers there.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Supporters of Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney plan a campaign fundraiser for him Thursday in Hong Kong as U.S.-China trade friction becomes an issue in the White House race. [...]

Romney accuses China’s government of trade, currency and intellectual property abuses, and says President Barack Obama has failed to confront Chinese officials as the abuses worsened.

Lessons in bad optics aside, Romney’s rhetoric on China is also very misleading.

According to a report from Bloomberg, the manufacturing sector in America is currently seeing higher growth than at any time since former President Bill Clinton left office.

15. September 26, 2012 at 9:20 pm

Um, WHY is Assange allowed to address the UN?

16. 101 PoliticalJunkessa
    September 26, 2012 at 9:20 pm

I have so many speeches to watch, don’t know if I’ll ever catch up….. :-D

17. September 26, 2012 at 9:32 pm

Um, am I the only person who can only see some of the photos in this post in Firefox, but can see them all in Safari? :???:

18. 110 carla4obama
    September 26, 2012 at 9:33 pm

WHO is the Lady on the pic posted with the TOD earrings!!! Is she one of us!!!

September 26, 2012 at 10:47 pm

:lol; :lol: I don’t think SHE knows her earrings are TOD earrings, Carla. I believe Chips ‘personalized’ them for her.

• 112 Linda4Obama
        September 29, 2012 at 2:26 pm

That is my daughter. She IS one of you and so is our entire family! (I’m the person in the pink sweatshirt hugging Obama.) We live in Kent, Ohio and we’ve supported Obama since we first saw him as a senator on the Oprah Show! She did see the TOD on her earrings! :) She and I both got to hug him!!!!

September 29, 2012 at 3:05 pm

Linda4, you BOTH got to hug him! :shock: Lucky ducks! Oh boy, now I have to go back through all those pictures to see you both! ;)

19. 114 vitaminlover
    September 26, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Nancy Pelosi is a cool cookie.

September 26, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Thanks Political Carnival for this info and this link….

http://bainport.com/ Greetings from Bainport, Illinois
    We’re workers at Bain Capital-owned Sensata in Freeport, Illinois. We’re fighting to save our jobs from being shipped to China by the end of this year. We are calling on Mitt Romney to come to Freeport, IL and we will camp across the street from our plant for as long as it takes!

Did I mention that all these people have had to TRAIN THEIR REPLACEMENTS FOR THEIR SOON TO BE OUTSOURCED JOBS??? The ones going to CHINA, where Mitt thinks he would be so tough!! What pond scum he is………

21. 129 magapie
    September 26, 2012 at 9:38 pm

The pictures are breath taking. AWESOME. Makes me wish I was in a swing state! (But PROUD to be in DEM-BLUE New Mexico!!!)

22. September 26, 2012 at 9:39 pm

Mom just texted, that Rachel has new information about Voter purge in Florida.
    Rick Scott is up to his old tricks.
    DOJ has not cleared him, it’s 90 day timeframe. He is in violation of Federal Law and must comply with DOJ.
    Somebody tweet this to Lis Smith, please?

23. September 26, 2012 at 9:39 pm

• September 26, 2012 at 10:39 pm

Amen, Chips!!

Hi there. Hi everyone. Thank you Chips for the wonderful pictures. So many messages in those pictures, from the young girl crying after meeting PBO to the way people reach out to touch hands that touch that touches his hands to the way people in the audience hang on to his every word.

It almost places you at the event itself.

Thanks, Chips.

24. 134 pugeretto
    September 26, 2012 at 9:41 pm

Chips, you really have done a super job, this is just amazing…all the pictures…are those earrings for real? It’s almost debate time, cannot wait. Best of the best blog, writers, tweets,etc. Those children are so sweet. FORWARD Bob, get twitter fixed!

September 26, 2012 at 9:42 pm

His idea of job creation, and MY idea of job creation, are 2 different things….I posted this yesterday, too. I thought Staples was a Bain/Romney pride and joy??

26. 137 Dudette
    September 26, 2012 at 9:43 pm

In response to this from the AP earlier today:

I sent this:

27. 138 theo67
    September 26, 2012 at 9:45 pm

Romney is practicing his debates with Rob Portman? Isn’t Rob Portman the one who ended up having to admit to Norah O’Donnell that he was defending Romney without even knowing exactly what Romney had said (over Romney’s premature and offensive statement during the embassy crisis)? So how is someone so ill-informed going to provide Romney with real debate practice? Is he just replaying GOP talking points, pretending to be the fake President Obama? If so, then Romney is in even more trouble than I thought.

28. 139 magapie
    September 26, 2012 at 9:46 pm

I’M RE-POSTING THIS:

What keeps me up at night now are the vermin Kochs, Adelson, Rove, et al. Sick, hate-filled, vengeful criminals with unlimited, hidden money. NO concern for anyone and on the down hill path towards the end of their lives. I just don’t think there’s anything they wouldn’t do. Manipulate a market “correction”. Pull some corporate strings for unexpected mass layoffs. Rig electronic voting machines……

WITH THIS:
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change. The courage to change the things I can. And the wisdom to know the difference.

FURTHERMORE: WE ARE GOING TO FUCKING WIN!!!!

29. September 26, 2012 at 9:49 pm

These pictures are just fabulous – sometimes I wish I lived in OH or VA so I’d have a chance to attend an election year rally. #Obama2012

September 26, 2012 at 9:53 pm

I am very slow tonight. Because I saw the letters “TOD” on that woman’s earrings and almost jumped out of my chair to tell Chips that this woman must either be a TODer or a lurker because she is sporting earring from The Obama Diary. LMAO!!!

• September 26, 2012 at 9:57 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: I’m choking DF, seriously choking!!!!!

• September 26, 2012 at 10:12 pm

And don’t you love POTUS’ TODer tie?!!

• 145 Pamela
      September 26, 2012 at 10:47 pm

Not to worry, HF, at first I thought it was some pretty cool tattoos, then started to remember what Chipsticks was up to, and just like most of us here, had to find the TOD on every photo, and that’s saying something while trying to eat dinner after a L.O.N.G day! So. Many. Pictures. I cannot keep them all… :( Anyway, thought that little blond boy just behind PBO’s back in one pic far down, looked so delighted, I thought he would jump into Barack’s arms if he could!

• 146 1jam4pbo
      September 26, 2012 at 10:52 pm

Good evening everybody. Thanks Miss Chips for the wonderful photos and for the little game we are all playing with “TOD”.

Hopefruit2. I thought I was the only one who was playing the “find me if you can” game today. Those earrings popped out at me too and had me laughing as well.

September 26, 2012 at 10:01 pm

I know…HP…but there is a great list and explanations of investments that he probably wished he never made….

For instance:

In addition to Chinese oil companies, between 2009 and 2010 the W. Mitt Romney blind trust bought and sold shares of Chinese companies including Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, China Life Insurance and New Oriental Education, a company sued in 2003 by a U.S. firm for copyright infringement,

Intesa Sanpaolo
    Romney’s trust bought and sold shares in Intesa Sanpaolo, an Italian bank that has been under investigation by U.S. authorities for handling of Iranian funds. According to Reuters, the bank suspended financing Iranian oil trading deals in December 2010, becoming the last Italian bank to bow to pressure from the United States to cut ties with the country.

Komatsu
    Romney’s trust has made trades with Japanese company Komatsu, the world’s second-largest construction equipment maker. The company has had business with Iran in the past, but stopped business with the country at the end of 2010. Romney sold these investments the day before a Republican primary debate in Iowa in 2011, according to the New York Times.

FLSmidth
    Romney’s investments have included FLSmidth, a Danish machinery company that does business in South America, Africa and other countries around the world. Romney sold these investments the day before a Republican primary debate in Iowa in 2011, according to the New York Times.

ArcelorMittal
    According to Romney’s tax returns, Mitt and Ann Romney had many investments in offshore firms such as ArcelorMittal, a steel company based in Luxembourg with operations around the world.

BNP Paribas
    Between mid-2009 and mid-2010, the Romney trusts made large investments in securities from BNP Paribas, a French bank with ties to Iran. The bank halted new business in Iran in 2007 but still has outstanding loans in the country. In all, Romney’s family trusts bought more than 2.6 million shares, which were all sold in late 2010 for about $2.5 million, according to the Associated

Credit Suisse Group
    The Romney trust held investments in Switzerland-based Credit Suisse Groupe until August 2011. In 2009, the bank was fined $536 million for violating Iran trade sanctions in 2009. Romney sold these investments the day before a Republican primary debate in Iowa in 2011, according to the New York Times.

The ‘Morning-After Pill’
    The Romneys have invested money in Teva Pharmaceutical, an Israeli company that engages in stem cell research and also manufactures “Plan B One-Step,” the emergency contraceptive known as the “morning-after pill.” This pill is opposed by anti-abortion groups. According to ThinkProgress.com, Romney has invested in other birth-control manufacturers via an index fund with Goldman Sachs.

Stem Cell Research
    In 2007, Romney held between $100,000 and $250,000 worth of shares in Novo Nordisk, a Danish pharmaceutical company that engages in limited use of stem cells for research. He sold the stock in 2010. His trust also made investments in Fresenius Medical Care, a German firm that has also done stem cell research. Romney has supported stem cell research in the past, but today he opposes any use of human embryon

32. 161 lamh35
    September 26, 2012 at 10:05 pm

Wow it really desperation time. Now Romney is touting Romneycare to prove that he’s really compassionate!!! WTF!

Karma, Irony, Fate and perhaps even God seemed to determined at the moment to kick Mitt Romney’s ass.

Conservs will NOT like this one bit, unless they are so beat down that they are just willing to dance with the devil, in this cast Romenycare Mitt

33. September 26, 2012 at 10:08 pm

Earlier Tuesday, Obama was in New York to speak to the United Nations General Assembly and to the Clinton Global Initiative.

Minutes after his helicopter landed at the White House, his staff guided him to a telephone for a pre-arranged interview with the Register, the biggest news organization in the highly coveted swing state of Iowa. Obama touched on early voting, debt and foreign policy.

Asked how he addresses critics who say the turmoil unfolding in the Middle East signals impotence in U.S. policy, Obama said Americans realize the region is “going through incredible transformations.”

34. 166 Carolyn
    September 26, 2012 at 10:10 pm

Wow! Thousands wait for President Obama in the rain! Romney can’t get hundreds to come out in the sunshine…..I love the lady with the little home made sign: “I (heart) Michelle” Don’t we all!
    Been lurking a lot lately, and not responding, because my laptop that I love and use is sick, and is in the healing ( I hope) hands of my computer wizard son, who is working too many hours to be able to fix it yet…..so I use the desktop in my husband’s office, which isn’t nearly as handy as sitting on the couch with my laptop…I have a Samsung tablet, which I do like, and can read well on it…..but each time I have tried to post on it, I can write the message fine, but there is something I don’t know how to do to keep the message and also post the comment. I’m still working on figuring things out on it. But, I can sit comfortably on my couch and read and see all the glorious pictures!
    Nancy Pelosi was terrific on Rachel’s show tonight. She is so sensible and grounded. Her motto is “Don’t agonize, organize.” That pretty well says it.
    Thanks to all of you who bring other articles and poll results and videos here. I am exceptionally well informed because of this blog. My husband always asks when I’m rading…..”Learn anything interesting?” And, of course, I can always say a big YES.

September 26, 2012 at 10:11 pm

My heart smiles. http://crooksandliars.com/susie-madrak/muslims-send-condolence-letters-sent-

September 23, 2012– What started out as a local effort by Muslims to write messages of goodwill to the family of Ambassador Stevens has quickly become a global online movement, with thousands of letters being sent from ninety countries in just one week.

The effort was launched by Celebrate Mercy, a non-profit organization that aims to educate people of all faiths worldwide about the life and character of the Prophet Muhammad through online telecasting and social media. It solicited responses to its 11-day ‘MercyMail Campaign’ via Facebook and Twitter, urging followers to “respond to an evil deed with a good one.”

Letters began coming in rapidly after the campaign made the front page of Reddit.com, the social news website, and received the endorsement of prominent Muslim scholars and celebrities such as Cat Stevens (Yusuf).

“Violence and vandalism, no matter how angry you are, is not right in any religion. By killing an innocent man, this mob did more to offend the Prophet Muhammad’s legacy than this film could have ever done,” said Tarek El-Messidi, founder of Celebrate Mercy.

“The Prophet Muhammad embodied mercy and patience on a daily basis, and taught that killing a single person is equivalent to killing all of humanity. This tiny, but loud minority obviously wasn’t listening, but the outpouring of heartfelt letters from Muslims worldwide reflects the values of the overwhelming majority.”

The organization is collecting all of the letters, as well as flowers and gifts, to send to the family. They have received letters from Muslims spanning five continents, most of which came from the United States and North Africa, including many Libyans and Libyan-Americans.

There is more….

36. September 26, 2012 at 10:17 pm

September 26, 2012 at 10:25 pm

Bob…can you send my link @43 to VP Biden?? I want him to kick Lyin’ Ryan’s ass with this….many thanks!

38. September 26, 2012 at 10:26 pm

Thursday Sep. 27, 2012
    Michelle Obama visits Steve Harvey’s new daytime show, Steve Harvey.
    9:30 AM
    Obama and Biden receive the presidential daily briefing.
    10:00 AM
    Obama departs the White House en route Joint Base Andrews.
    10:15 AM
    Obama departs Joint Base Andrews.
    11:50 AM
    Obama delivers remarks at a campaign event at Farm Bureau Live, in Virginia Beach, Va.
    1:00 PM
    Obama departs Virginia Beach, Va.
    1:55 PM
    Obama arrives at Joint Base Andrews.
    2:10 PM
    Obama arrives at the White House.
    6:30 PM
    Michelle Obama delivers remarks at a campaign event in Chicago.
    8:10 PM
    Michelle Obama delivers remarks at a campaign event in Chicago.
    11:05 PM
    Obama arrives Virginia Beach, Va.

39. 179 daisydem
    September 26, 2012 at 10:41 pm

Tonight I am mostly struck by and affected by the faces of the children in the crowds to see and hear our President. Their expressions are rapt; they are tuned in, listening. I don’t see fidgeting; I want to go home responses. They remind me of me … yes, when JFK was running for President and my parents and aunt and uncle watched on television, I listened; I was entranced at that early age with the oration and compassion such as I had never, ever heard. We are in the presence of greatness, these children sense it … it scares me a little and at the same time, my heart soars!

40. 181 Dudette
    September 26, 2012 at 10:47 pm

Zoinks! 8-O

Had to do a double-take looking at 8th picture from the bottom of the indoor Bowling Green set (start counting above the umbrella pics):
    Girl with dark red hair and red nail polish hugging PBO with her mouth open — for the briefest of seconds looked like Monica Lewisky to me!

I was like – “What’s the skank doing hugging my President!!” :-)