Sep

Today:

10:0: The President departs the White House

11:05: Arrives Virginia Beach, VA

11:50: Delivers remarks at a campaign event at Farm Bureau Live, Virginia Beach

1:0: Departs Virginia Beach

2:10: Arrives the White House

First Lady Michelle Obama visits Chicago on Thursday to headline two fund-raisers and to debut on Steve Harvey’s new television show. Mrs Obama has funders at Oprah Winfrey’s Harpo’s Studio and at the home of business executive and Democratic donor Fred Eychaner.

Steve Benen – more here

ThinkProgress: After nearly a decade of steep declines, American manufacturing jobs have begun to rebound since the beginning of the Obama administration, as the slide that occurred under President George W. Bush and during the Great Recession has largely been reversed.

Manufacturing slumped in the first year of the Obama administration as the nation dealt with the effects of the recession, but since then, manufacturing has posted job gains in all but three months since February 2010….

More here

Greg Sargent: Why the polls may be shifting.

A lot of the commentary about the national and state polls that are shifting away from Mitt Romney focuses on his various missteps — the response to the Embassy attacks, the freeloading 47 percent remarks — as major causes of his political travails. And those are probably important.

But those don’t explain why Obama’s approval numbers, and his numbers on the economy in particular, seem to be visibly improving. Which suggests another possible explanation for all the movement: There may be stuff happening in the economy that hasn’t registered in the national jobs numbers political reporters and commentators focus relentlessly upon, but could easily be driving voter sentiment.

More here

See ThinkProgress

Washington Post: Republican Mitt Romney is struggling in swing-state Iowa at a perilous point: just as voters here start casting early ballots in the presidential race.

President Barack Obama has a clear lead in Iowa opinion polls, helped by the fact that the state’s economy is far more robust than other battleground states. The president’s polling edge is so wide it has prompted grumbling among Iowa Republicans who fault Romney for failing to take advantage of Obama’s standing, which had been weakened in the four years since Iowa launched his bid for the White House in 2008.

…. Iowans on Thursday can begin voting in person at early voting sites and returning absentee ballots they’ve requested by mail or in person. Iowa Republicans are mindful that the perception of Romney in deep trouble could sway voters already casting ballots — or dissuade volunteers from encouraging backers to turn out at the polls.

…. Obama aides say his comment about 47 percent of Americans who don’t pay federal income tax has been problematic.

“He doesn’t think poor people are his problem,” Oskaloosa Democrat Pam Douglas said. “They are his problem if he wants to be president.”

Full article here

Protesters hold up a banner during a campaign rally of Mitt Romney at SeaGate Convention Centre, September 26

OFA

OFA

Gotta Register

Cagle

Moooooooooooooooorning everyone ;-)

229 Responses to “Rise and Shine”

1. 1 Martha
    September 27, 2012 at 8:49 am

GM family

September 27, 2012 at 8:51 am

Good Morning/Afternoon/ Evening, My WORLD! See CC, I’m never sleeping, or snoring, when you think I am. :lol: :lol:

BTW, age catching up with you, CC? You really shouldn’t stay up so late if the body can no longer handle it. ;) ;)

September 27, 2012 at 8:52 am

Way to start your TOD day, Martha! Congrats!

• September 27, 2012 at 8:55 am

You’re wide awake VC!!!! Moooooooooning!

September 27, 2012 at 9:01 am

Mooooorning, CC! :lol: I was also too wide awake earlier this morning when you were whispering about me. I left you a revoking-of-BFF-status warning sometime in the last 30 hours.

• 20 99ts
      September 27, 2012 at 9:19 am

So it’s too hard fundraising in the US for Mitt? He really doesn’t see how this looks to those who he wants to vote for him? Can he be dumber than Sarah? Seems likely.

September 27, 2012 at 9:59 am

Hi 99! Seems somewhat funny to me, but now when I copy and paste the URL from the above article I get a note at AP that it’s no longer available, yet just now when I clicked it directly from the tweet above – there it was. Wish I knew how to do a screen grab before that too disappears. Oh well, we all already know that Mitt doesn’t not give two bananas about American jobs and is enamoured of China $$$ [I know it's not dollars ;) ]

• 22 idon
      September 27, 2012 at 10:26 am

So mittnocchio is going to give all that business to HK instead of America. He has NO LOVE for America.

September 27, 2012 at 12:02 pm

‘He has NO LOVE for America’ – A truth Mitt has taken no pains to hide, Idon! So if America embraces him she won’t be able to claim surprise at the abuse he WILL dish out.

3. September 27, 2012 at 8:51 am

Good morning Chips and TOD. Have a wonderful Thursday!

4. September 27, 2012 at 8:51 am

Buongiorno, carissima Chips, TOD! That’s me right there waving from Italy! Buona giornata a tutti voi!
    FORWARD!!!

5. 28 Melissa
    September 27, 2012 at 8:55 am

Morning everyone from good ol’ Pennsylvania :-)

6. 32 pugeretto
    September 27, 2012 at 9:05 am

Good Morning Chips from #IL08, where the Repugs have deided to throw some $ at Joe Walsh’s upcoming defeat. DailyKos said the race may be a bit closer than previously stated. (@Tammy4Congress) Who sotes for him? These racists I live amongst, that’s who! I cannot wait until his name is out of the news. I will be outside today, but will be back tonight to catch up on the news via TOD – THANK YOU CHIPS – so much appreciate your work!

7. 36 Trinisamba
    September 27, 2012 at 9:06 am

Morning all…………I never realised that there were so many trinis in the house……….WOOT! I am in Jersey (New)

8. 37 squarepeg
    September 27, 2012 at 9:11 am
  9. 40 sherijr
    September 27, 2012 at 9:11 am

Hola & happy Thursday Chips & all of TOD… yep, STILL in ND. I was told two weeks ago that my house in Maryland was ready to settle.. I’ve now been put in limbo for a possible 30 days more of waiting. que sera sera… ;)

10. 41 dotster3
    September 27, 2012 at 9:12 am

Chips, I haven’t had a chance to express my admiration for your rise to World Leader. Congrats on your awesomeness!

11. September 27, 2012 at 9:13 am

We got our early voting ballots yesterday! I will personally hand them in at the county auditor’s on Friday, same delivery as if we mailed them but it’s a warmer feeling. Hubby sat at the dining room table last night and carefully studied all the instructions, read through all the names running for president, and voted for PBO! Who ARE all these other folks running for president???

The headlines in Iowa today are about the “40 days of voting” we have now. Here’s ours:

12. September 27, 2012 at 9:16 am

Romney said his healthcare shows he care.

So Romney now is running not to beat Obama but to be Obama?

He’s going to need a darker shade of spray tan. I thought the entire raison d’etre of his campaign was to repeal the ACA.
    I found this on a blog, I love it.

• 49 idon
      September 27, 2012 at 11:17 am

“So Romney now is running not to beat Obama but to be Obama?”
      I think his faux tan was the first inkling he was headed in that direction. Of course, he has a problem going that route. Man has ABSOLUTELY NO FLAVA!! Maybe he should talk to our Native American sista, Elizabeth Warren to give him some tips. I fell in love with Elizabeth Warren when I first saw her grace my screen. I said the sista has mega-FLAVA. I wondered where she got it from. Now I know, her Cherokee momma :) along with the struggles that come from being labeled the “other.” Love her so much.

13. 51 collegekay
    September 27, 2012 at 9:19 am

People voting in Iowa. So exciting!

14. September 27, 2012 at 9:25 am

vote vote vote ! ! !

Forward is the only way.

Morning.

15. 62 dotster3
    September 27, 2012 at 9:28 am

Colbert at his genius best again on the bacon shortage indicating that Obama is ushering in a new Ottoman Empire and other rt. wing whacky delusions.

• September 27, 2012 at 10:20 am

Hi Dotster I was wondering where that asshat congressman could possibly be from…ah TX. So sorry for the dems who live in that misguided state.

16. September 27, 2012 at 9:33 am

Ha! US Military just named Assange an Enemy of the State.
    That is Greenwald and Hayes Hero… LOL!

17. 65 TrumpDog
    September 27, 2012 at 9:35 am

The “My Job” ad is REALLY good.
    I’d put it up there with the one with Mitt singing.

September 27, 2012 at 9:38 am

Romney’s Budget Plan Could Kill Millions Of Jobs Over The Next Two Years

19. September 27, 2012 at 9:38 am

Romney was asked about Tax Avoidance?
    He says, He ‘Digs it.”
    He ‘DIGS IT’! Really?

20. 71 Melissa
    September 27, 2012 at 9:43 am

Lol hilarious that Romney 97.4 is now touting Romneycare as proof that he has “empathy “. Sooo, Mr. R., why cant the rest of the country be the recipient of the SAME empathy in the form of Obamacare, that u keep pushing to repeal?? Uh?? Such a joke.

• 73 99ts
      September 27, 2012 at 9:51 am

“then to take an active hand in managing them and hopefully, five to eight years later, to HARVEST THEM AT A SIGNIFICANT PROFIT..”.

You HARVEST a company – presumably strip it of assets and divide up the spoils!!

• 74 susanne
      September 27, 2012 at 3:33 pm

this is so repugnant–’harvest’ sounds like something the evil alien overlords do with human bodies.

also noted, when myth is talking to his peeps, on his fave subject–making money–he’s articulate, cogent, relaxed. it’s only when he’s talking to ‘you people’ that he does the head dip, and the chuckle, and the body roll. he’s a terrible actor, a terrible politician, and a waste of human potential.

21. 75 99ts
    September 27, 2012 at 9:47 am

Hello from Australia

Maybe we think a little slowly down under – or maybe it’s just that I think slowly – but after browsing some WAPO opinions today – it occurs to me I have absolutely NO idea as to what policies Mitt Romney would be putting in place with his administration.

He was definitely going to repeal the ACA – Day 1 – but recently he has been applauding the healthcare he introduced. He thought it was too soon to leave Afghanistan but then he said he agreed with the President’s plan. He was going to reduce everyone’s taxes – but then told everyone to expect a tax increase. He is not interested in the 47%, but he is going to look out for 100%. He supports America, but puts his money outside of the country. I don’t think he’s mentioned any issues of concern to women – other than having Miss Ann lead his women’s support group – and that doesn’t seem to be working too well. He thinks college education is important – as long as your parents can afford to pay for it.

I could go on – but I think this is the problem his supporters have – they have absolutely no idea as to what would be in a Romney administration & perhaps are beginning to wonder if “ABO” should exclude Mitt Romney.

September 27, 2012 at 10:00 am

Nope! There’s nothing slow about Australians, I think you covered that perfectly! Around here, we call that having no core….and being batshitcrazy….and LYING ABOUT EVERYTHING:) Nope…you got it right.

September 27, 2012 at 10:12 am

99ts, we in the US are just as confused about Romney’s policies as you are! Don’t feel bad at all. :)

• 78 0388jojothecat
      September 27, 2012 at 10:24 am

Romneys issues regarding women is for them to stay at home until there kids are old enough to start school then get a low paying job. If you are a single mom from no fault of your own (divorce) then find another man to take care of you and your children and try not to divorce again.

22. 79 LDS
    September 27, 2012 at 9:56 am

Wow! Just Wow! I am going to be sick. He sounds so comfortable cheating as if he has a right to. Actually, his absolute duty. His calling…
    What a tortured soul..

Good morning, Chips. Good morning, World.

September 27, 2012 at 9:56 am

Morning Chips and TOD!

September 27, 2012 at 10:01 am

I guess Gallup is skewed too.

• September 27, 2012 at 10:12 am

I’m wondering what you all think about the debates coming next week. I was surprised to see a segment on Jennifer Granholm’s show where she said she thought the President wasn’t a good debater. I know there’s been a lot of hype about Romney being a good debater, but doesn’t that depend on how much he memorizes his lines and follows the talking points they give him? I know what an amazing mind our President has, and I don’t remember being disappointed when he debated McCain. Any thoughts?

September 27, 2012 at 10:22 am

I believe this is a psychological strategy to set expectations lower for the debates and then be blown away. This strategy was also used for the DNC convention. Expectations were so-so at best. No one could have predicted that the convention would be such an amazing smorgasbord of brilliant and riveting speeches, inspiring moments, off-the-charts enthusiasm and just overwhelming positivism! And you can see what the results were. PBO is a good debater, and he’s only gotten better since 2008. Romney is not a good debater but can recite canned talking points (and appear okay) as long as the moderators don’t follow-up, or he doesn’t get challenged by his opponent. I can tell you this right now: The moderators may try to let Romney get by, but PBO won’t, and neither will we (the American viewers and voters).

• September 27, 2012 at 10:34 am

Thanks for your thoughtful reply hf. I see your point; nobody thought the DNC convention would be as spectacular as it was. So if everyone says Mitt is a good debater, the only place he has to go is down. I can see where he can act out canned talking points; when he doesn’t have them, he falters very badly. When I see Romney talk, he seems like a robot, so uncomfortable in his own skin. Its SO obvious to me that he’s acting; even the way he moves his head and his body movements; it looks like he was told look this way, look that way. The President, on the other hand, comes form his heart and his mind; he looks amazingly comfortable in his own skin, while assessing situations honestly and intelligently.

• 85 EricFive
            September 27, 2012 at 11:40 am

I agree with HF’s take. PBO and his team don’t want to seem over confident so they are tamping down expectations. Mitt and his supporters are trying to give Mitt props as a good debater b/c the debates are his last chance to change the trajectory of this campaign. All of the pressure is on Mitt, and I don’t think Mitt handles pressure very well. Ms. Ann won’t be on the stage with him and I think he will exhibit some strange behaviors. Mitt’s biggest problem is how will he answer the various questions posed during the debate, it must be hard to keep up with all the lies and contradictory positions. After seeing PBO debate during the 2008 primaries and general election (as well as when he schooled the entire Congressional GOP during the roundtable healthcare discussion during his presidency), I have witnessed the FACT that PBO is an outstanding debater. I’m not worried in the least, PBO got this.

September 27, 2012 at 10:35 am

Correction: I meant to type “positivity” not “positivism.”

• 87 Lovepolitics2008
        September 27, 2012 at 10:46 am

I’m sure there is a game of lowering expectations going on. But there may be genuine concern too. President Obama is absolutely wonderful, but it’s true that he has a tendency to give long answers and he’s not always fluid in delivery. The format of those debates won’t permit that. Good news is I’m sure he and his team are very well aware of the challenge. And they’re very well aware that Romney has been preparing like crazy. I’m also sure that President Obama knows that Romney has no honor and will lie, mislead, play any dirty game he’s capable of.

I’m confident that with adequate preparation, President Obama will perform very well in the debates. But to be honest, I’m not sure he will totally cream and humiliate Romney. Because Romney’s expectations are so low and because he has taken such heat in the media lately, if he appears serious and doesn’t make a major gaffe, the debate will probably be declared a draw. Which would be ok anyway because to block President Obama’s momentum Romney would need to win the debates convincingly and this won’t happen.

• 88 idon
        September 27, 2012 at 11:07 am

Romney’s biggest problem to overcome in the debates is that he is a liar. He is going into the debates perceived by the American people as both a liar and empty suit. When he criticizes PBO for the slow recovery, the moderator who is Jim Lehrer and the American people will be reminded of the GOP Obstruction plan from DAY ONE to destroy PBO’s presidency by punishing the American people, e.g. demonizing health care reform, which has saved the lives of millions of people, including children, and NOT bringing the AMERICAN JOBS ACT to the House floor which would have put millions of Americans back to work. The American people will be reminded that voting for ANY REPUBLICAN, including MITTNOCCHIO will mean the end of OBAMACARE, the end of a woman’s right to control her body and healthcare decisions, a child’s right to have healthcare even if they have a pre-existing condition, the GOP senate’s blocking of the VETERANS JOBS BILL, the downgrading of America’s credit rating following the GOP debt ceiling obstruction. They will also remember that the stock market has doubled since PBO took office, making the rich, richer. Finally, they will see in MITTNOCCHIO, the truth about the GOP, their hatred of the 47%, not by what they say (which changes hourly) but what they have done – NOTHING!! to help the American people.

September 27, 2012 at 10:10 am
    September 27, 2012 at 10:11 am

GM folks.

Question of the day. Answers by tweets only, please.

September 27, 2012 at 10:12 am

What is ICYMI ?

28. 113 Dudette
    September 27, 2012 at 10:14 am

Sigh! Here’s Samuel L. Jackson’s new ad in support of PBO. Message – Great! Crude language around kids – Not so much!

Incredibly, the Jewish Council for Education and Research did this. I guess they think people won’t pay attention unless there’s cussing. Kids certainly will, but um, they can’t vote unless they’re 18. I certainly toss around the occasional f-word more than I probably should, but not in a context I expect will involve young children. Maybe I’m more old-fashioned that I thought I was. Oh well.

I guess we should be grateful for whatever help we get. Big Tent and all. Sigh!

• 114 Dudette
      September 27, 2012 at 10:16 am

P.S. I doubt PBO would “approve this message”.

• September 27, 2012 at 10:22 am

Completely love the idea and style of the Jackson ad, but we can guess the only focus will be on the language! As a sewer-mouth myself I’ve no problem with it, but I wish it was, eh, a little cleaner so the focus would be on the message. Then again, I’m sure the target audience is waaaaaaaaaay younger than me! Thanks Dudette.

• September 27, 2012 at 10:41 am

it’s a web ad I’m guessing much in the vein of Sarah Silverman’s ad featuring her Grandmother on voter ID laws. There are cleaner versions, but it’s meant as a web ad.

The Sarah Silverman ad has cussing/strong language in it as well, but damn if it’s not an effective ad while also being funny.

It’s aimed towards the younger voter say 18-25 and also the “urban” voter, so I don’t have a problem with the language.

I only 35 and all my cousins are younger than I am and they wuold love this video. Will people younger than 18 see it, maybe, but I have news for ya, this language aint new to any teenager/pre-teen in high school or who’s listening to radio, watching television, or surfing the net to anything other than radio disney or without the strictest parental supervison.

Plus as you say, they do say in the ad that it’s not being promoted by any candidate.

If Chuck Norris wackadoodle video ad attacking POTUS can’t be attributed to Romney, then this vide shouln’t reflect on POTUS.

I’m just sayin’

• September 27, 2012 at 11:02 am

PBO wouldn’t approve it publicly, but im sure he approves it in his mind. But c’mon, it’s sam-i-am, he can do no wrong. i thought the ad was HILARIOUS!! It’s comedy after-all.

the old couple… bahahaaaa

29. 120 donna dem 4 obama
    September 27, 2012 at 10:19 am

This is an awesome Rise and Shine

You’ve out done yourself Ms. Chips!!

That Courier headline made me hungry for me and the article did not disappoint…

{Snip}
    The crowd of more than 5,000 clearly agreed with Randall, cheering and clapping during the entire rally.

Chants of “O-Ba-Ma,” “Four more years” and “U-S-A” could be heard throughout BGSU’s Stroh Center as the orange and brown arena was taken over by those wearing red, white and blue T-shirts, vests and even sunglasses.

“I thought he did a very good job,” said Ramona Bier, 47, of Maumee. “He definitely knows what he’s talking about.”

30. 122 AnitaW
    September 27, 2012 at 10:28 am

Wasn’t MItt in Ohio yesterday as well? How did the local papers cover his visit?

September 27, 2012 at 10:30 am

Wonderful round up today Chips. May I just say that Team Obama has nailed it once again. That 2 minute ad is genius because unlike Romney, Pres. Obama is comfortable camera wise and comes across as very relatable and welcoming to voters homes. Him just sitting down and outlining his plans and having this ad play over and over in swing states is pure brilliance.

September 27, 2012 at 10:30 am
    September 27, 2012 at 10:31 am

For all those people who wonder if their vote really counts!! Holy Moly….

34. September 27, 2012 at 10:31 am

Juan Williams this morning to Faux newstainers “The polls are credible even if you don’t want to believe them.” h/t ThePoliticalCarnival

35. September 27, 2012 at 10:32 am
    September 27, 2012 at 10:38 am
    September 27, 2012 at 10:40 am

I posted about this last night, but the optics really isn’t so good!! :)

Former President George W. Bush is set to deliver the keynote address at the Cayman Alternative Investment Summit on Grand Cayman just a few days before the election.

The conference will feature Bush as the keynote speaker on the first night…. The timing of the conference could land awkwardly during an election season that’s been marked by speculation about Mitt Romney’s finances, particularly his offshore investments in tax havens like the Cayman Islands.

They are either idiots,think this won’t matter because, you know, IOKIYAR…..or they just don’t give a damn…..or they’re CLUELESS!!

• 140 Linda
      September 27, 2012 at 10:47 am

Arrest him !

• 143 99ts
      September 27, 2012 at 10:57 am

I think there are many in the GOP who want Romney to lose – maybe I’m paranoid – but I think Bush is happy to think he won & McCain and Romney couldn’t win, I think McCain would be gutted if Romney beat PBO when McCain didn’t get close – and it seems any sane GOP supporters who still exist are probably voting for the President.

I started watching US politics for the first time in 2008 – about when President Obama won the primary – and I remember panicking until voting closed in California because maybe the “polls were wrong”. The polls were correct & they are still correct & George Bush getting paid a lot of money to recommend that people invest outside of the US will simply add to the landslide that I believe is coming.

38. 144 bjw2
    September 27, 2012 at 10:41 am

Good morning TOD!! I don’t contribute to the blog much anymore because my laptop crapped out. So I’ve been mainly surfing on my Droid, which when you’re trying to comment on a blog can be one of the most frustrating experience EVAH!

So even though I don’t comment as often, I’m always here lurking throughout the day.

Chips you are the cat’s meow!
    Xoxoxo

39. 157 lamh35
    September 27, 2012 at 10:43 am

I know this is FDL, but I had to post this by TBogg in response to some Naderite comment.

“Your Mumia sweatshirt won’t get you into heaven anymore”
    By: TBogg

Let me see if I can explain it this way:

Every year in Happy Gumdrop Fairy-Tale Land all of the sprites and elves and woodland creatures gather together to pick the Rainbow Sunshine Queen. Everyone is there: the Lollipop Guild, the Star-Twinkle Toddlers, the Sparkly Unicorns, the Cookie Baking Apple-cheeked Grandmothers, the Fluffy Bunny Bund, the Rumbly-Tumbly Pupperoos, the Snowflake Princesses, the Baby Duckies All-In-A-Row, the Laughing Babies, and the Dykes on Bikes. They have a big picnic with cupcakes and gumdrops and pudding pops, stopping only to cast their votes by throwing Magic Wishing Rocks into the Well of Laughter, Comity, and Good Intentions. Afterward they spend the rest of the night dancing and singing and waving glow sticks until dawn when they tumble sleepy-eyed into beds made of the purest and whitest goose down where they dream of angels and clouds of spun sugar.

You don’t live there.

Grow the fuck up.

40. 162 anniebella
    September 27, 2012 at 10:43 am

Mitt Romney just don’t get it. Now he talks of his concern for all people, that’s just plan B.S. Because if you cared for all people, you would have been talking about that all along. You wouldn’t say one thing in public then when you get behind closed doors in front of rich donors you say something different. We met the real Mitt Romney in that video.

• 163 Dudette
      September 27, 2012 at 11:22 am

Ding, ding, ding!! [flashing lights, applause, applause] Chips, anniebella needs a prize! She hit that sucka outta da park.

• 164 LDS
        September 27, 2012 at 12:01 pm

Anniebella, I have been meaning to tell you that you are a very smart woman in so many ways. I just could not let this one pass me by.
        Your responses are short, quick and head-on right to the point. I look forward reading your posts. Don’t Stop!

41. 165 yardarm756
    September 27, 2012 at 10:46 am

OT but worthy of consideration if you have not seen this before. I believe Warren Buffet authored this.
    *Congressional Reform Act of 2012

1. No Tenure / No Pension.

A Congressman/woman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they’re out of office.

2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security.

All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into

the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.

3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.

4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise.Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.

5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.

6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.

7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen/women are void effective 12/31/12. The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen/women.

Congressmen/women made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in

Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their

term(s), then go home and back to work.

• 166 amk for obama
      September 27, 2012 at 11:04 am

Agreed on all points.

• 168 yardarm756
        September 27, 2012 at 1:09 pm

And your point? You don’t agree with the content or what? Snopes is not that great and has been proven wrong on more than one occasion. I hold them in the same regard as I do Politifact.

• 169 veryslowwriter
      September 27, 2012 at 12:00 pm

A lot of these items are already in effect.
      (1) Members of congress do pay into a pension plan.
      (2) Congress already participates in Social Security and has since 1984.
      (5) Members of Congress and congressional staff only have access to insurance plans that are created by the Affordable Care Act or exchanges also created by the ACA.
      (6) They aren’t exempt from the laws they pass. (Public La w 104-1 Congressional Accountability Act passed in 19995)

This isn’t by Warren Buffett — it’s a version of an email that’s been floating around for a couple of years.

42. 171 Eveingeorgia
    September 27, 2012 at 10:53 am

I just emailed the Jewish Council for Education and Research asking them to take down the Samuel Jackson ad telling people to wake the F%#% up!
    The message is great, but the f word kills it, especially at the end where they have a nine year old girl saying it!

You can just imagine what the Right will do with it. Plus, I don’t think PBO would condone using a a nine year old girl to shout the f word of his behalf.

If you agree, please email or tweet them.

• 172 amk for obama
      September 27, 2012 at 11:08 am

I didn’t have a problem with the ad at all. All americans need to wake the fuck up.

• 173 Eveingeorgia
        September 27, 2012 at 11:43 am

Yes we do, AMK, but I know how our opponents would try to use this ad to accuse PBO of all kinds of scurrilous things. I live in an area of the country where even some of PBO’s supporters will take offense at the use of the F bomb, especially when used by a child.

I think the message is brilliant, but it would have been more effective if it were not for THE word.

Just don’t see any sense in giving anybody any unnecessary ammunition.

• 174 LDS
          September 27, 2012 at 12:49 pm

I agree, Eveingeorgia.

One of the many reasons I love the Obama Family and Mrs. Robinson because I respect their morals, character and integrity. I just know that Mrs. Robinson and her late husband would not allow Michelle and her brother use the F word in their home. And the way these girls are growing up to be young, proud, beautiful ladies, I am sure they will never use the F word to get a point across.
          It just will not ever happen. We all have said things around our friends while growing up, home is and always will be sacred. Set by example ,of course.

As beautiful as Our First Lady , I admire her more as a loving Mother. The girls are well grounded, down to earth and Mrs. Robinson has played a major role in their upbringing.
          As far as Samuel L. Jackson, I do remember him needing to wake up last year. So maybe he has.

• 175 idon
      September 27, 2012 at 11:58 am

I loved the ad!! This is language children hear and use all the time. My guess is the girl was at least 12. They probably dubbed her phuck dialogue. I retweeted and posted to FB page. Getting ready to email to some friends. This poem was out about a year ago, so most righties have already heard it. I think what is so cool about the video, it puts family in a very positive light and touches on PBO’s multigenerational appeal. It’s just a great vid :) Also, Samuel Jackson is the only actor I know of who can use the f-word and make it sound like he’s engaged in an intellectual debate in which he is so serious, he f-bombs a several times to make his point.

43. 176 Pamela
    September 27, 2012 at 10:53 am

Okay, it’s launched now: http://www.seaflavour.com Check it out and share please! I’m IN, I’m out, off to work, have a wonderful wonderful day! {{{TOD}}}

44. September 27, 2012 at 10:56 am

I howled!!!

September 27, 2012 at 10:58 am
    September 27, 2012 at 11:00 am

When Larry Sabato is moving numbers like this, then it’s not good news for Romney.

47. 198 dotster3
    September 27, 2012 at 11:05 am

The View is promoting an appearance by Hate merchang Ann Coulter. A balance to having the Obamas on this week? She is going to give her deep thoughts on how Mitt Romney can win the election and President Obama abandoning black people. OMG.
    And they’re opening with that photo someone dug up of Mitt sending an “I love you” message to Miss Ann. A balancing message to the Obamas holding hands on The View?
    Geez Louise. Triple Sigh.

• 199 utaustinliberal
      September 27, 2012 at 11:07 am

It cracks me up how an overprivileged asshole like Ann Coulter thinks she can tell Black people how Pres. Obama has been horrific for them.

September 27, 2012 at 11:38 am

dotster3, First of all I had stop watching the View and the only reason why I watched it Tuesday Sept. 25th was because of our President and First Lady. I don’t give a blank that Ann Coulter is going to be up there. So Mitt loves his wife, good for them, but it was the 47% he was talking about with such disdain, that concerns me. How has President Obama let me down? Last time I check he was the President of the United States not the Black United States. And I would love to ask that bitch Coulter, ( excuse me) what have Boehner, McConnell, and the Republicans done for the black people?

• 204 Nena20409
      September 27, 2012 at 11:39 am

She is also pimping a book……Her books over the years, sell less. Will the View play her tape from Feb 2011 at CPAC in DC saying if Christie does not run and Romney is our nominee, we’ll lose?

Nope. That would have been fun, I think.

48. 206 dotster3
    September 27, 2012 at 11:16 am

Look at all the happy, joyful faces at a Romney rally

September 27, 2012 at 11:18 am

It’s not lies with which Limbaugh and Morris are now coming face-to-face. It’s the truth. Americans like Barack Obama. They don’t like Romney. And they really don’t like Ryan.

AH!!!!!!!!!!! The Inconvenient Truth!

50. 215 Dakota
    September 27, 2012 at 11:19 am

Romney plans to “fact check” President Obama during the debates! LOL!!!! Bring it on, you jackass!!!

51. 217 donna dem 4 obama
    September 27, 2012 at 11:23 am

Upthread there was a tweet stating the “there was a room full of Obama supporters” (I actually got emotional reading that). The question then became, “how does this person know”?

Davenport, IA is in I believe Scott County. That county went 57/42 Obama in 2008. I believe the assumption was based on the fact that the person knows how their county votes. I live in PG County, MD. It is a solid blue as they come so if I went to my polling place and saw a bunch of people there I could confidently say that the room is full of Obama supporters just based on past voting trends.

September 27, 2012 at 11:24 am

Just a gentle reminder: PBO to speak at Virginia rally at 11:50AM.

CSPAN will be livestreaming

September 27, 2012 at 11:28 am

Obama supporters are showing up at the polls in Iowa according to this reporter

54. September 27, 2012 at 11:49 am

I like Greg Sergeant’s article pointing out that Romney’s decline is not just about his gaffes. I’ve been seeing the pundits claiming that Mitt Romney can turn things around with a stellar debate “performance”, completely ignoring the fact that his policies are disastrous. Mitt’s policies are the reason why he’s failing – why women are gravitating in groves to President Obama, who has a strong record of supporting women and their rights. Mitt ruined his chance to switch things around and adopt a more moderate approach when he picked Paul Ryan as his running mate – with his so-called “bold, radical” death plan for seniors and poor people in his budget with no numbers. Mitt is not planning to be more moderate – that’s a fantasy. There’s no evidence that he will be more moderate, when his primary answers proved he was planning to take a far more extreme approach than all the other candidates on the stage. Mitt is the only one who talked about “self-deportation”. Mitt’s the one who wants to add $5 trillion to the deficit for him and his rich buddies. Mitt’s the one who has committed to handing over US foreign policy to Benjamin Netanyahu, and who has alienated every foreign leader he’s come into contact with. Mitt’s the one who has eroded any credibility that he might have had through his constant lies and projection of his low character onto President Obama. Mitt is the one who embraced the extremists in his party and decided that he wanted to hoodwink the American people into voting for him, and then somehow operate as a dictator to enact his evil plans. Even without his gaffes, he was a horrible candidate with disastrous consequences for the country and its people.

President Obama, on the other hand, has been up front, diligently working and focused on communicating his plans to the American people. He has a strong record to speak to – which is very different from the fantasy that the GOP have concocted.

What I’m hoping is that the debates will be a spectacle of the real President Obama crashing and destroying the myth that Mitt Romney and his right wing cohorts have concocted, and having to address the reality of a very successful presidency.

55. 229 lockewasright
    September 27, 2012 at 12:50 pm

BOOM!!! Scoreboard!!!

That’s almost half a million jobs created during the Obama administration that weren’t reported! That puts the Obama administration in NET POSITIVE territory, as in more americans have jobs now than when he took office!