Sep

Las Vegas

Las Vegas, Sept 30

The speech will be available at C-Span soon

TOD fundraisers:

a4alice * Alycee * BWD * CollegeKay * Cookemom * DonnaDem4Obama

Hgerhard * HZ * Judith Fardig * Mae Who Love Our CIC

Marlz * Meta * Pamela *prettyfoot58 * proudmemberofglobalzero * Rita * Theo67 * The Obama Diary

I see we’re about to hit 13.5 million blog views, which isn’t really a landmark of any, well, particular note, but hey, on a fundraising deadline night you gotta use whatever you’ve got :???:

If you would like to donate $13.5 million to the Obama/Biden campaign before midnight, just to mark the occasion, that would be very lovely – but if you’re too mean to do that, then even $5 would be wonderful.

Thanks people!

We have hit 13.5 million, so start donating …. right now!

… with Chasstiry Vazquez after she introduced him

…. greeted on stage by Fher Olvera from the Mexican band Mana

…. with Mana’s Alex Gonzalez

Did I mention this is one of most loved tunes ever….

Okay, where were we…..

I’ll find more pics from the rally tomorrow.

151 Responses to “Las Vegas”

1. 1 Martha
    September 30, 2012 at 11:27 pm

Donate we are almost there

2. 3 LDS
    September 30, 2012 at 11:28 pm

Almost First!

September 30, 2012 at 11:29 pm

Great pictures.

4. 5 ourmanflint
    September 30, 2012 at 11:29 pm

Wow Chips. What a great crowd thanks for the coverage. Pres Obama bringing it home!!!!

September 30, 2012 at 11:30 pm

Off she goes again – through wind and rain, heat and cold! :lol:

6. 13 LDS
    September 30, 2012 at 11:30 pm

Congrats, Martha. I was busy donating. I don’t mind being second for such a worthy cause.

7. September 30, 2012 at 11:31 pm

I love the pictures of children reaching out to PBO.

8. September 30, 2012 at 11:32 pm

Top 10 and we’Re gonna hit 10M. Woot woot!

September 30, 2012 at 11:34 pm

What a lovely treat – all these pictures :) Thanks Chips! 10M donations in our sights..

September 30, 2012 at 11:37 pm

So, are we there yet ? Let’s beat ut in her game.

11. September 30, 2012 at 11:40 pm

Whew! Just making the deadline – I donated!

12. September 30, 2012 at 11:42 pm

Just such a joy, Chips, all this pictures that you so kindly assemble and share with us.

Even more motivation …. Will not let this drop ….

September 30, 2012 at 11:42 pm

725 people turned out to see Willard in PA. 11000+ turn out to see PBO in 90-deg heat in NV. It’s a tie!

14. September 30, 2012 at 11:44 pm

Do we know if we made it? I bet we did.

15. September 30, 2012 at 11:44 pm

September 30, 2012 at 11:45 pm

kenyan muslin – “Now that you’ve got in your much practiced zingers governor, can we move on to more serious things in life? As I was saying…”

17. September 30, 2012 at 11:45 pm

OMG, there will never ever be anyone like Barack Obama.

18. September 30, 2012 at 11:46 pm

Congratulations, Chips, on the 13.5 Million hits!!!!

19. September 30, 2012 at 11:49 pm

Awesome pics. Watching live is limited to a narrow view. The photos show so much more. Thanks Chips. Even up here I can feel the groundswell for PBO rising just as it did in ’08 when people realize what a good and decent man he is.

20. 38 LDS
    September 30, 2012 at 11:51 pm

Are we there, yet? I am not going to bed until it is final even though I am so tired.

September 30, 2012 at 11:52 pm

Chips:) You and PBO…both monumental and historical tonight:) WISH I had a spare $13.5 mil to throw to PBO….!!!! I did put a few dollars in, and I’ll just give you a giant hug for your accomplishment…pretty amazing stuff. Congratulations to you, to us…..Now, did we have the 10 million donations???

22. September 30, 2012 at 11:53 pm

Having Mana at this event speaks volumes about the broad base of support among the Latino community in Nevada. Wow, this campaign is in full out blast mode!!

September 30, 2012 at 11:54 pm

Did we make it??????????///

24. 50 daisydem
    September 30, 2012 at 11:55 pm

Great, great pictures! Thank you ever so much Chips. Linking to your post title worked; yeah! I did donate to the campaign tonight and in the next day or so Chips, I plan to send a little something your way … to this blog for being here. In fact, this is where I plan to be on debate nights; I too have a hard time listening to Romney and I don’t trust the moderators that have been chosen. I am so afraid that our most wonderful President will not get the respect he deserves. I probably will tune the tv in, mute it and hopefully someone or several very brave and wonderful people here will live blog it for me and for the others who just cannot listen and who feel their health would be in jeopardy if we did. So thank you in advance.

I want more information too on whether anyone in the mainstream is going to pay attention to what Ann Romney said about fearing for Mitt’s mental health. Look folks, hubby and I are in the business … he is probably the best counselor in our city; I am his office manager and as such, I am the first person a new client talks to; I help them with their insurance; we care about our clients very much and most of them have anxiety or depression stemming from relationship issues, the kind of problems that many of us may experience in our lives from time to time. And sometimes we have clients whose problems are more serious than that. All in all, I would say our clients are “normal.” That said, the things we have heard about Romney: being mean to a classmate in school, basically torturing a dog (I can hardly bear to bring that one up; it hurts so much); having little regard for his children, grandchildren such that he demands to be fed first at a family get together, changing the subject abruptly with a “look at the clouds” comment when a reporter questioned him …. these are things out of the norm. He sounds very sick. I would hate to think of him anywhere near the office of President of the United States!

25. 51 Eveingeorgia
    September 30, 2012 at 11:55 pm

Okay, just donated$10.00 each to three TOD’ers. Don’t ask which, just sort of pinged three and donated. Wish I could have given to all.

ALSO, too, @Pamela: I have been feeling the same queasiness about watching the debate. But I and a friend are hosting an OFA debate watch party, so I can’t back out now. My nerves are already twitching, but if PBO can face the nation, the least I can do is stand with him by watching him and urging him on.

• 52 Pamela
      October 1, 2012 at 12:00 am

{{{{{eveingeorgia}}}}} it’s all sorted out now, thanks to the help of my dear family here on {{{{{TOD}}}}}. I am maxed out in more ways than I can describe, I bid you all sweet dreams. I AM taking Thursday OFF! whew! {{{{Chipsticks}}}}

26. 54 Nena20409
    September 30, 2012 at 11:55 pm

5mins to go before midnight in the ET zone. I hope the 10M is achieved?

27. September 30, 2012 at 11:57 pm

28. September 30, 2012 at 11:59 pm

29. 58 vitaminlover
    October 1, 2012 at 12:05 am

I love my President–yes I do!

30. 63 LunarSea
    October 1, 2012 at 12:15 am

Evening all. It looks like I missed so much today. Tried to keep up but only got about a couple hours in early this afternoon (catching up on previous threads I missed) before life got in the way.

Came back on just now to make some more donations, alas one was 12 midnight on the dot by the time my computer registered it. I hope it registers as Sept for the deadline. I can’t believe I forgot. I gotta quit the Procrastinators Club, I tell you.

Anyway I spread the love around as much as I could between the DCCC (gotta get congress back), between individual emails (so they know ppl are responding -especially the triple match email!) and to some fundraisers here (in addition to my recurring payments) -and in honor of Chips’ site milestone- I did some $13.50s w/o all the trailing zeros. Maybe next time :lol:

Egads but I want to take back the House so badly I can taste it.

Off to bed for me. I’ll take a quick stroll through the pictures before I go but will have to catch up on all the good info in the posts….tomorrow? Sometime lol

(((((hugs all around)))))

31. 64 a4alice
    October 1, 2012 at 12:27 am

well it’s still before midnight in my part of the world so I hope it counted – I beat my goal but I don’t know who contributed to me because it doesn’t say. Usually it does and I can thank them so whoever did so thankee! and I left something in a couple of you guyses plus the dscc. Al Franken wrote – I couldn’t resist they are matching 3 – 1.

well off to bed – had a whole weekend of canvassing. luckily beautiful weather. I’m too pooped to pop!

zzzzzzzzz

32. 65 susanne
    October 1, 2012 at 12:42 am

Former U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright criticized Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney Sunday, calling him “two-dimensional.”

“He is so two-dimensional. I mean, up close and personal, there’s just nothing going on,” Albright told the crowd at a Women for Obama rally in Columbus, Ohio, according to NBC News.

Albright went on to say “it’s unclear” what Romney “really believes in,” and noted she was not impressed with his remarks during the recent Clinton Global Initiative in New York.

She also raised questions over Romney’s now-infamous “47 percent” remarks, saying they “diminish us in many different ways.” Voters seem to share Albright’s stance — a recent wave of polls suggests voters viewed Romney less favorably as a result of the video.

Albright previously criticized Romney in early September for his stance on women’s issues.

“Frankly, I don’t understand — I mean, I’m obviously a card-carrying Democrat — but I can’t understand why any woman would want to vote for Mitt Romney, except maybe Mrs. Romney,” Albright told HuffPost’s Sam Stein during the 2012 Democratic National Convention.

33. October 1, 2012 at 1:39 am

• 67 jackiegrumbacher
      October 1, 2012 at 7:40 am

Bob, poll workers outside and in the polling places will have numbers to call if any shenanigans begin, but you’re right that voters have to be on the alert as well. Some people don’t see the value of “greeters” outside the polls, but I think these are the front line observers and should always be staffed. In our area we have an elected election constables whose job is to monitor polling places for disturbances of any sort. He goes from polling place to polling place in our section of the county throughout the day and you can call him if you spot trouble. These people have to be scrupulously non partisan.

34. 68 veryslowwriter
    October 1, 2012 at 1:53 am

YOU PEOPLE
    are so wonderful. You’re the very best of the USA.

35. October 1, 2012 at 2:11 am

Hacking Democracy HBO Documentary: http://youtu.be/tnR6j7Llwq0 via @youtube : this is a must watch
    just finished watching this hbo doc. its long but YOU WILL NOT STOP WATCHING IT. scary

36. October 1, 2012 at 2:26 am

Just imagine if your spouse of decades (or partner or anyone else who had years of experience with you) went on broadcast TV and stated their concern about your mental (emotional) well being if you were placed in any kind of position —– let alone one in which you were THE ONLY authorized person to launch a HUMANITY ENDING nuclear holocaust (yes, take it from someone who knows, you have no idea how many megatons of nuclear explosives the President of the USA can launch) —– well, we have all been warned.

What Ann Romney did was unprecedented.

Clear your mind of everything and just focus on the fact that she really has seen the dude ‘up close’ and then just watch that video of her – she is telling the truth.

Every American must have the opportunity to hear her words and contemplate how dangerous the guy is.

• October 1, 2012 at 2:33 am

• 73 Mae who love our CIC
        October 1, 2012 at 3:05 am

Ann Romney confirmed what most of always suspected. Something is seriously impaired with Willard Romney. He has been running for office for quite some time, yet he does not have a coherent message of what he will do to promote a better America. He likes to tear down people lives and feels so entitled doing it. He lacks empathy for others. If you can’t feel another’s pain they you feel no remorse when you hurt them. It is as if you deserves what you get attitude which is just awful.

• 74 Mae who love our CIC
          October 1, 2012 at 3:07 am

Not they. then

• 75 jackiegrumbacher
          October 1, 2012 at 7:42 am

Mae, if anyone wife had said this of any Democratic candidate, the headlines would be screaming about it. The media is covering up for Romney. He’s like a child they have to protect.

• October 1, 2012 at 11:49 am

Jackie, Mae – you are both correct and WE must be the media to expose this danger to All Americans!!

Thank you!

#FORWARD

• 77 Obama Grandmama
          October 1, 2012 at 2:13 pm

Another thing is Romney has no clue that he insults people. Take for instance his trip abroad and how he insulted England, and the Pakistani people. Then his comment that Russia is our #1 Geopolitical Foe all the while PBO was trying to partner with Russia in nuclear proliferation reduction and blockading Iran. IMO Romney is not only dangerous in his lack of experience in foreign affairs that could start a war but in his lack of recognition that what he says can affect the world.

37. 78 purpleshoesla
    October 1, 2012 at 2:46 am

What ho TOD peeps. Grrreat turnout in “Lost Wages” tonight. Woot! Thanks for all the pix Miz Chips. I was part of a kick ass phone bank here in LA last Thursday night that called a whole bunch of people in NV to tell them about tonight’s rally. People were and are fired up and ready to go! It’s a nice feeling to play a small part in getting people out to see our illustrious Prez, now that I see the size of that crowd. Voter Protection Teams are being staffed up as well by the campaign’s Victory Counsel which I also just joined. I’ve been in meetings all day today, and the level of organization and attention to detail at the grassroots level in every aspect of our Prez’s re-election campaign is quite extraordinary. Campaign is gearing up to take it to the next level y’all. IT. IS. ON! I can’t listen to or look at Mittens’ for more than 20 seconds without having an adverse reaction, so I’m hoping that there will be some TOD peeps here live-blogging Wednesday’s debate. :smile: Have a good week all. #FORWARD

38. October 1, 2012 at 3:05 am

Thank you all for the donations tonight! It’s so very much appreciated – and thanks, Chipsticks, for posting the fundraiser pages. I hope we met our 10 million donations goals. See everyone tomorrow/today!

39. 80 anniebella
    October 1, 2012 at 5:13 am

Americans say they are tired of war, don’t they know that this man who wife of 43 years question his mental well being would be in charge of sending us into another war,like for instance with Iran. America better wake up, Romney is dangerous.

• 81 jackiegrumbacher
      October 1, 2012 at 7:43 am

Say it, AB. Anyone who thinks war loving Romney isn’t dangerous is self-deluded or in a coma.

40. 82 99ts
    October 1, 2012 at 6:26 am

David Gregory is the moderator for the Brown/Warren debate tonight – wonder how many questions he will answer for Brown.

October 1, 2012 at 7:05 am

So was the 10 mil FR goal reached yesterday night ? Anyone know ?

• 85 donna dem 4 obama
      October 1, 2012 at 7:30 am

My email was blowing up every 15 minutes with messages from OFA or somebody on the Dem side asking for donations and updating us on the countdown. At 10:15 we needed 18K and at 10:45 we needed a little more than 1400. Not a single word after that. I’ve checked other mainstream websites to see if the campaign announced anything and I can find nothing. Now I find it hard to believe that they recieved 16000 donations in 30 minutes but couldn’t get 1400 donations in an hour and 15 minutes. You see what I mean about their digital communications team no being up to the task this election cycle? All that push and then nothing, nada, ziltch….

BTW in that hour and 15 minutes my little FR themometer alone got 9 more donations. Go figure???

• 86 amk for obama
        October 1, 2012 at 7:40 am

yeah, that’s a bit disappointing. I didn’t find much in twitterdom too. They should’ve kept the folks informed.

• 87 donna dem 4 obama
          October 1, 2012 at 7:51 am

Maybe their count was off and we were not as close as they thought we were. I don’t know. I would have thought that if we made the goal of 10 Million donations that this would have been the big headline this morning. Seems to me that it would have established the talking point for the day. I was so surprised to awake this morning to nothing about this. :(

October 1, 2012 at 7:58 am

Actually I think the opposite is true. That they were closer than they were letting on and probably met their goal well before the deadline. They don’t normally announce immediately after the deadline. I think they are probably timing it either for later today or sometime before Wednesday (going into the debates).

• 89 donna dem 4 obama
              October 1, 2012 at 8:06 am

That’s exactly how it normally happens. They don’t post these “deadline goals” unless they have calculated that it will be met. Which is why I was surprised to wake up to nothing about this. I guess I’m making more of it than I should but they pushed us so hard yesterday and then it just went silent. Oh well no biggie. Have a great day HF2. :)

October 1, 2012 at 8:11 am

Thanks and you too have a wonderful day donna. OFA seems to love keeping us in the dark! Oh well..I’m keeping my fingers crossed that it’s great news :)

October 1, 2012 at 7:52 am

Yes and I tried to stay up last night just to see if they would update us, but I simply had to go to bed from fatigue. It’s possible that they got inundated with donations at the last minute making it difficult to keep track. Also people who don’t use the internet are calling in and mailing in their donations, so they have to count those as well.

I’m pretty sure they exceeded their goal – we will just have to see :)

October 1, 2012 at 9:25 am

They reached the deadline! See tweet all the way downthread. :)

42. October 1, 2012 at 7:37 am

McCain all over the News, just slamming everything the President dies(on foreign policy), everything sucks, according to Him. He says, that we either give the Generals everything they want in Afghanistan, or we get out. All or nothing, again…? I have never seen such an angry Child, still mad that he lost.
    He needs therapy!

• 94 jackiegrumbacher
      October 1, 2012 at 7:45 am

He does need therapy, Jovie. He’s a sick old man so eaten up with jealousy about PBO that he can’t see or think straight. In what conceivable way is this man a foreign policy expert?

October 1, 2012 at 8:56 am

John McCain is a bitter senile old man, who have lost the respect people had for him.

October 1, 2012 at 8:59 am

He cares so much for the soldiers, but yet he voted against the benefit increase for spouses and kids who lost their loved ones in war.

• 97 Betsy
            October 1, 2012 at 9:48 am

Someone should ask him about that vote.

• 98 Obama Grandmama
            October 1, 2012 at 2:21 pm

John McCain has a history of voting for wars and against any benefits for veterans. I always wish the veterans were more informed about his voting record of being against them. McCain is always held up in high esteem by the press and veterans.

October 1, 2012 at 7:55 am

Thankfully, loser John McCain has very little to no credibility on anything related to foreign policy. This was the same person who scoffed at then Senator Obama’s plan for getting rid of Bin Laden…This was the same person who kept insisting that he knew “where and how to find Bin Laden.”

McCain needs to get lost.

October 1, 2012 at 9:09 am

Why ANYONE would EVER listen to what that senile asshat has to say about anything, is beyond me! He voted AGAINST the Veterans Jobs Bill…

and hasn’t the slightest care in the world about the men and women in uniform. I know it’s early,but fuck him. He needs to retire to one of his 12 houses and STFU. About anything. He’s such a hypocrite

• 101 Obama Grandmama
        October 1, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Last week I was really mad at John McCain’s daughter Meghan who has been hired by MSNBC to present GOP views on their shows. Rev Al had Megan on his show to defend Romney’s 47% comment. She was busy saying the talking points and when Rev Al pressed her she said something like –
        What do you want from me, I already said I didn’t agree with the statement?
        Her tone of voice and impatience with being questioned made me think she is not up to the job and her disrespect to Rev Al made me think she should be fired.

43. October 1, 2012 at 7:44 am

Dem poll: Allen West trailing by 9 in reelection bid
    By ALEXANDER BURNS | 10/1/12 7:01 AM
    Firebrand Florida Rep. Allen West is losing his reelection fight by a 9-point margin to Democrat Patrick Murphy, according to a poll taken for the Democratic group House Majority PAC.

October 1, 2012 at 8:52 am

jovie141, That’s great news. If goes right one tea party lunatic will be gone.

October 1, 2012 at 9:11 am

Thanks, jovie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good news Monday! Another POS that needs to go into hiding in some bunker somewhere…never to be heard from again!

October 1, 2012 at 7:45 am

October 1, 2012 at 7:58 am

46. 114 donna dem 4 obama
    October 1, 2012 at 8:01 am

Good Morning TOD.

Yesterday was a phenomenal Fundraising Day for the TOD Fundraising Team!

We have collectively raised $81,061.00 for the President’s re-election. Great Job!

Have a great Productive O’Day Everyone!!!

47. 118 donna dem 4 obama
    October 1, 2012 at 8:13 am

For all who would like to participate, I am posting the candle link for our President’s success this week in the debates? Pray, Reflect, Meditate or Reflect at your leisure.

48. 120 57andFemale
    October 1, 2012 at 8:30 am

I couldn’t donate as much in September as I did in August, but I did the best I could. spread it around the TOD family of fundraisers. Every little bit helps, I guess, but I sure wish I could have done more.

Thanks to all those with fundraising pages.

• 121 amk for obama
      October 1, 2012 at 8:37 am

A dollar that is given when you can’t afford it is more valuable than the one given when you can afford to. Why ? Because you sure are bound to follow it up with your vote than the one who could afford it but is a not 100% sure vote.

So thanks 57f.

• 123 Mae who love our CIC
      October 1, 2012 at 9:48 am

Thank you 57 and the rest of you sacrificial givers. Every penny counts.

Thanks to every one. Door knockers, bloggers, tweeters, telephone callers, blog owners, and anybody else I did not mention who have stepped up for the cause for a better America.

October 1, 2012 at 8:33 am

I took this campaign schedule from Old Orange and am posting it here.

Jill Biden — Dallas, TX
    Private campaign event
    12:30 PM (EDT)

Mitt Romney — Denver, CO
    Wings over the Rockies Air and Space Museum
    7:15 PM (MDT)

Paul Ryan — Dubuque, IA
    Loras College Field House
    6:50 PM (CDT)

Ann Romney — Henderson, NV
    Henderson Convention Center
    3 PM (PDT)

October 1, 2012 at 8:44 am

Also, FLOTUS will be holding a “GOTV” type rally in Cincinatti OH tomorrow 10/2, the first day of early voting in that state.

50. 126 Carolyn
    October 1, 2012 at 8:34 am

Maybe OT, but one reason I feel good about the president in Nevada, is Harry Reid and his organization. Remember two years ago in that tough battle with Sharron Angle, he had the organization, ground game, GOTV, which brought him in. I know he is using that for the President this year, and also for Shelley Berkeley. I’m realizing that Sen. Reid is one of the savviest politicians in Congress, and uses that savvy well.
    Those pictures are positively inspirational.

October 1, 2012 at 8:34 am

52. 129 donna dem 4 obama
    October 1, 2012 at 8:56 am

Just from an historical perspective, 4 years ago today on Oct 1st PBO lead McCain in the average of polls 49/44. Today PBO leads Romney 49/45. We are on the same trajectory as in 2008. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/obama_vs_romney_compared_to_obama_vs_mccain.html

Please continue to donate, volunteer and support in any way possible. It ain’t over til it’s over. Polls don’t vote people do so we need to GOTV like crazy these last 30+ days.

53. 130 dotster3
    October 1, 2012 at 8:57 am

Willard’s “fresh attack on Obama’s Middle East policy” (WSJ) seems to be coordinated with NBC’s new focus and “attack on Obama’s Middle East policy.” They sent Lester Holt to the area for weekend reports on the unrest and Ann Curry was giving negative reports on Libya on the Today Show this a.m. The whole first half hour of Today was all negative reports from the war in Afghanistan and surrounding area with Gregory hosting and snippets of John McCain as backup. It sure looks like a purposeful, coordinated effort to me.

October 1, 2012 at 9:02 am

October 1, 2012 at 9:02 am

October 1, 2012 at 9:12 am

I guess that Univision debate didn’t help Willard all that much much…Obama’s lead among Latinos widens nationally.

// This week’s impreMedia-Latino Decisions tracking poll found slight gains for presidential candidate Mitt Romney in battleground states with 33% certain to or thinking about voting for him. However, the over national polling data shows THE STRONGEST WEEK TO DATE for President Obama and the Democrats, with noticeable gains over last week’s poll. [Full wave 6 results here | impreMedia Voto2012 ]

Fifty-one percent of Latino voters in ten battleground states said they trust Obama and the Democrats more to make the right decisions and improve economic conditions, compared to 27% for Romney and Republicans. When combined with voters in non-battleground states, the numbers jumped to 72% and 20% respectively, a significant increase from 4 weeks ago when overall 59% said they trusted Obama and Democrats more versus 30% for Romney and Republicans to fix the economy…

…“Beyond immigration, which continues to be a very important issue, Obama has now opened up a very large lead on trust to rebuild the economy among Latinos,” said Matt Barreto of Latino Decisions. “While Republicans had hoped the weak economy would provide an opening to win over Latinos, almost three-fourths of Latinos say they have more confidence in Obama to fix the economy. Romney’s infamous comments about the ’47 percent’ are clearly hurting him among Latinos. He appears out of touch with the average working class family,” added Barreto. //

57. 137 LDS
    October 1, 2012 at 9:18 am

Good morning, everyone!
    It is a beautiful day in NYC! So glad to be alive and know that our President is on our side.

October 1, 2012 at 9:24 am

Here’s the answer to everyone’s QUESTION about the OFA deadline:

October 1, 2012 at 9:27 am

Tired of calling on Mitt Romney to flesh out what tax loopholes he would close to pay for his large tax cuts, President Obama has taken a new tack: warn middle class voters of the worst, and goad the Republican nominee into proving him wrong.

It’s a lose-lose proposition for Romney, who is trailing Obama in key battleground states with Election Day just weeks away, because any answer would invite further criticism.

In separate campaign trail speeches late last week, Obama and Vice President Joe Biden implied that Romney would raise taxes on middle class homeowners and Social Security recipients to cover the cost of his promised across-the-board 20 percent cut in income tax rates.

“I refuse to ask middle class families to give up your deduction for owning a home or raising kids just so we pay for another millionaire’s tax cut,” Obama said Thursday in Virginia Beach. His campaign confirmed that he was promising not to limit the deductability of home mortgage interest, a popular and expensive tax expenditure enjoyed by many in the middle class.

Friday in Boca Raton, Fla., Biden plainly asserted that Romney would unwind the tax exemption on Social Security income for the elderly.
    :) That’s all I’m saying about that :) Put up, or shut up..WILLARD!

60. 143 jackiegrumbacher
    October 1, 2012 at 9:28 am

Well Halleluja! And all of us played our small part in this total. Does anyone have any idea who this compares with 2008 at this time? Wonder how much money they actually collected.

• 144 donna dem 4 obama
      October 1, 2012 at 9:38 am

I don’t know how it compares to Sept 2008 but I’m betting we raised about 130 million this month in small donations and when you add in the big fundraisers they had I think we raised more than 150 million this month.

We won’t know for a while but my guess is that we will have plenty to combat Romney in these last few days.

October 1, 2012 at 9:44 am

We should be getting the figure for this month hopefully soon, once they tally up all the donations. They raised a total of $150 million for the month of September 2008.

October 1, 2012 at 9:29 am

62. 149 criquet
    October 1, 2012 at 9:38 am

63. October 1, 2012 at 9:47 am

According to MSNBainC morning programs(plural), we must get rid of Medicare and we must attack Iran, if we want to survive.
    So, what they are positing? The US will only have money for the Military? Sort of like Ancient Rome?