Oct

(Pete Souza)

Sunday:

EDT

11:0: The President departs the White House

PDT

1:20: Arrives Los Angeles

2:0: Attends a campaign event at a private residence (closed press)

6:05: Delivers remarks at the Nokia Theater, Los Angeles (pooled for television)

9:15: Delivers remarks at the Ritz-Carlton, LA (print pool coverage)

Monday:

PDT

8:50: Departs Los Angeles

9:45: Arrives Bakersfield, CA

10:35: Tours the Memorial Garden at Chávez National Monument, Keene

11:15: Announces the establishment of the César E. Chávez National Monument

12:35: Departs Bakersfield

1:40: Arrives San Francisco

4:0: Attends a campaign event at the InterContinental San Francisco (closed press)

7:15: Delivers remarks at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, San Francisco (print pool coverage)

9:40: Delivers remarks at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium (pooled for television)

Tuesday: Travels from San Francisco to Columbus, Ohio for a campaign event. Returns to Washington, DC in the evening

Wednesday: Attends meetings at the White House

Thursday: Travels to Miami for a campaign event. Returns to Washington, DC in the evening

Friday: Attends meetings at the White House

152 Responses to “The Week Ahead”

1. 1 donna dem 4 obama
    October 6, 2012 at 4:51 pm

Go PBO

2. 5 ourmanflint
    October 6, 2012 at 4:51 pm

Trying to keep up

3. 6 ourmanflint
    October 6, 2012 at 4:53 pm

So much reading: Chips you have posted almost as many pages as the Affordable Care Act: :lol:

4. 13 Pamela
    October 6, 2012 at 4:55 pm

Hey y’all!

October 6, 2012 at 4:55 pm

Hey, Pamela, it’s a fine Obama day, yes?

• 15 Pamela
        October 6, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Yes, ma’am! Everyday is a Fine Obama Day (as he is fine everyday)! I so pray he and our beautiful FLOTUS have a peaceful and love-filled belated 20th anniversary day! God Bless Them and Hold Them Both in His Heart!

October 6, 2012 at 5:15 pm

They have so much to celebrate, and they know it!

October 6, 2012 at 5:40 pm

I agree Pamela, I too pray for POTUS and FLOTUS to have a peaceful and love-filled belated 20th wedding anniversary. We love and respect them so much.

5. October 6, 2012 at 4:55 pm

Way to go, Donna!!

#FORWARD

• 19 ourmanflint
      October 6, 2012 at 5:01 pm

A great day to celebrate Bob’s free from Twitter prison!!!

• 20 Bobfr
      October 6, 2012 at 5:01 pm

So, now they’ve suspended this account. Clearly, someone is not happy.

Oh, well, I’ll find some other way to try to help our President and fellow Dems.

#FORWARD

• 21 ourmanflint
        October 6, 2012 at 5:02 pm

What is the charge Bobfr?

• 22 Bobfr
          October 6, 2012 at 5:05 pm

No idea. Have asked and not received any response. Will certainly let all of you know should they ever inform me. I haven’t violated any rules since being informed of the multiple @reply issue.

#PRESSON

• 23 Bobfr
            October 6, 2012 at 5:08 pm

BTW, since this can never be ‘about me’ what I don’t want to have happen is anyone having their account suspended because they expressed support, on Twitter, for me. That would not be good for the cause. We’re only 32 days from victory and we need as many folk as possible out there spreading the word on Twitter.

Thank you.

• 24 auntsis522
              October 6, 2012 at 5:13 pm

Should we try a “FREE BOB – 4th estate” tweet blitz? I love your tweets.

• October 6, 2012 at 5:19 pm

Thank you so much, auntsis, but I think that might actually bring suspensions to fellow tweeps and that would not help our Team Obama and Dems.

I just learned something from Twitter. The Our4thEstate_47 is active again and I’m going to have an email exchange with Twitter admins. I think what they are confronting is that certain folk whom I tweet – aka @MittRomney – and certain #NEWSTAINERS aka @ChuckTodd are raising all kinds of hell.

I’ll keep all of you posted, for sure.

#FORWARD

October 6, 2012 at 5:25 pm

I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the case. Want to silence PBO supporters who are effective. They can dish but they sure as hell can’t take any criticism.

• October 6, 2012 at 5:46 pm

Yes. It’s clear, now. I’ve sent a detailed letter to the Twitter admin. We’ll see if they restore the original account. I hope so because the key value in Twitter is the size of the network of networks and even with just 3800+ followers and the ~ 3500 I was following, the ‘spread potential’ of each tweet is considerable. I also explained to them exactly what my purpose is. We’ll see how they respond, but for now, I’ll only use the @ operator when I’m communicating with someone following me or with known friends. Otherwise I’ll use the # operator to make it clear exactly whom I’m referencing.

Thank you!

• 28 auntsis522
                  October 6, 2012 at 5:31 pm

They are trying to take away your freedoms – the one about speech that includes tweet.! You have a RIGHT TO TWEET. You haven’t threatened anybody with your tweets. Let me know if I can help.

• October 6, 2012 at 5:48 pm

They have only one legitimate complaint and that’s that the @ operator in twitter messaging sends a message to them, i.e., they can (and have) claimed “spam.” That claim is illegitimate when they are being referenced either with or without a #. I can get plenty done without using the @ operator :)

Thank you auntsis for your support.

#FORWARD

October 6, 2012 at 6:11 pm

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Hit a nerve, did you Dr? :)

• 32 99ts
                  October 6, 2012 at 7:16 pm

I wondered about that early on Bob – the reminders that Ann Romney doubts her husband’s sanity – seemed something the media and Willard Romney don’t want repeated. I am continually amazed that the media picks up every last comment from PBO & MO yet ignores anything from the Romney camp that doesn’t fit the “close race”.

Do hope twitter hasn’t joined the MSM in outlawing free speech.

• October 6, 2012 at 5:31 pm

Hi Bob: Check again …I just retweeted and it went thru!

• 38 taiping1
        October 6, 2012 at 6:34 pm

I was able to retweet just now and to follow!

October 6, 2012 at 5:02 pm

Bob when I try to retweet you from here I’m still getting a “suspended account” message on Twitter.. Bah! :(

• 40 ewok2
        October 6, 2012 at 5:18 pm

Bob, maybe someone does not like you saying Ann thinks Robme is going mental in your tweets. This blog gets viewed by the opposition research team from Robme. I don’t tweet but I read this blog daily.

• October 6, 2012 at 5:21 pm

They are using the excuse of my posting directly to them, i.e., @ (see my note above). I can accomplish the same objective with # and that they can’t stop because I’m not sending a message to the person, i.e., ‘spamming’ them, but I’m still getting the message I want to get out their in the Twitterverse.

Will persist, for sure!

Thank you!!

• 42 Pamela
            October 6, 2012 at 5:48 pm

Can anyone say FIRST AMENDMENT? They should be so brutal on that classic a**wipe known as run-off-at-the-mouth Limpballs… Try to shut that mofo up!

• October 6, 2012 at 6:11 pm

As long as I’m not effectively ‘spamming’ them, they got no grounds. So, I’ll just not use the @ operator. Since I never use profanity, threats or anything remotely as offensive as a bunch of the bigoted trolls I’ve had to block over the past year, Twitter has no grounds to suspend me. We’ll see :)

#FORWARD

• 44 prettyfoot58
        October 6, 2012 at 5:22 pm

Just went thru for me….

• 46 yardarm756
      October 6, 2012 at 5:31 pm

You got back in I see.

• 48 idon
      October 6, 2012 at 8:05 pm

posted at DU, FB and tweeted.

6. 49 Obama Grandmama
    October 6, 2012 at 5:00 pm

Today is a truly good day!

October 6, 2012 at 5:01 pm

My President and FLOTUS are celebrating their wedding anniversary this evening :)

October 6, 2012 at 5:16 pm

It was the early 1990s, and the 750 men and women at Georgetown Steel were pumping out wire rods at peak performance. They had an abiding trust in management’s ability to run a smart company. That allegiance was rewarded with fat profit-sharing checks. In the basement-wage economy of Georgetown, South Carolina, Sanderson and his co-workers were blue-collar aristocracy.

“We were doing very good,” says Sanderson, president of Steelworkers Local 7898. “The plant was making money, and we had good profit-sharing checks, and everything was going well.”

What he didn’t know was that it was about to end. Hundreds of miles to the north, in Boston, a future presidential candidate was sizing up Georgetown’s books.

To call him a PARASITE…is perfect! Please read the rest….

9. 57 khyber jones
    October 6, 2012 at 5:26 pm

Kind of a light battleground state campaign week for the President. In Ohio on Tuesday and Florida on Thursday, but otherwise 2 days in California. Maybe a shift to give more preparation time for debate #2? He’ll get wide publicity for Chavez commemoration in CA. Maybe he is doing more interviews over the next week to get debate ready?

• 58 Michele
      October 6, 2012 at 5:39 pm

Hello, it is not a shift. There is a major fundraiser/concert for the President in California. Also, the dedication of the Chavez memorial has been known for weeks..

• 59 khyber jones
        October 6, 2012 at 6:45 pm

All I am saying is that instead of 4-5 campaign rallies a week, we only have 2 scheduled. Doesn’t mean they can’t add any. But it definitely seems like they are making an adjustment for debate prep.

• 61 Janelle
      October 6, 2012 at 6:13 pm

Say what…..? Okay, this debate concern is getting a bit too obvious.

• 63 Desraye
      October 6, 2012 at 6:32 pm

“Maybe a shift to give more preparation time for debate #2?

Maybe because he have a day job.

• 64 lisalovesobama
        October 6, 2012 at 7:05 pm

thanks. this person has been showing up since the day after the debate giving us and Team Obama helpful hints and his/her armchair quarterbacking. I’m sure his/her gift is going to waste here. Perhaps he/she should go apply for a job at MSNBFOX where he/she will have a more willing audience.

• 65 nathkatun7
          October 6, 2012 at 7:37 pm

Totally cosign your statement,Lisa! Isn’t it amazing how some people know for certain what the President and his campaign are up too! Just because he/she is obsessed with debates he/she automatically concludes that the President and his campaign are similarly obsessed. I am just so sick and tired of people who refuse to realize that unlike the care free Romney whose sole job is campaigning, President Obama still has to perform his duties as as President even as he tries to campaign.

10. 66 AnitaW
    October 6, 2012 at 5:26 pm

Just got an extra ticket for the Sunday LA event. So excited. GOTV folks!!

11. 68 prettyfoot58
    October 6, 2012 at 5:35 pm

photo/1

12. October 6, 2012 at 5:39 pm

Bob, your account is ok. . . just sent you a tweet “just testing” and it went thru.

13. 74 Bill R.
    October 6, 2012 at 6:02 pm
  14. 75 Bill R.
    October 6, 2012 at 6:05 pm

(Reuters) – Mitt Romney’s strong debate performance did little to convince more voters he understands them or is a “good person” even though he has narrowed President Barack Obama’s overall poll lead, according to a Reuters/Ipsos survey released on Saturday.

Just a month before the November 6 election, the Democratic president is ahead of his Republican challenger on character attributes that can win over undecided voters who have not been swayed on policy points.

Romney gained in a few areas, but not at Obama’s expense despite the incumbent’s lackluster performance in the first presidential debate on Wednesday.

On the broad question of who they will vote for in November, Obama kept his slim 2 percentage point lead over Romney among likely voters – 47 to 45 percent – in the online survey.

The gap was unchanged from Friday, when Obama led by 46 to 44 percent in the tracking poll. His lead was 6 percentage points before the two men first went head-to-head in Denver.

“We haven’t seen additional gains from Romney. This suggests to me that this is more of a bounce than a permanent shift,” Ipsos pollster Julia Clark said.

The poll did not show Obama backers shifting to Romney. Rather, Romney’s small gains on a few of the issues came from people who had been undecided.

Obama even gained ground in some voters’ assessment of his character since before the debate, even though a majority – 55 to 23 percent – felt Romney did a better job during the encounter in Denver, the survey showed.

Forty-seven percent of registered voters deemed Obama “a good person,” compared with 31 percent who felt that way about Romney. In a similar survey on September 28, Obama led by 43 percent to Romney’s 32 percent.

Obama held his ground on a range of such questions. Far more voters (53 to 29 percent) deemed Obama likeable than feel the same way about Romney. He also leads by a healthy margin (43 to 37 percent) on who has the right values to be president.

In addition, 43 percent felt Obama “understands people like me,” compared with 31 percent who felt that way about Romney, the former Massachusetts governor and wealthy businessman who has struggled to connect with average Americans.

• 76 CaliCat
      October 6, 2012 at 6:26 pm

Thanks for posting this. It made my day. Romney may have gotten some short term gains but it won’t last. He is an extremely unlikable person and there’s no getting around it.

• 77 theo67
      October 7, 2012 at 3:28 am

I wonder if any of these media who are glowing about Romney’s performance could tell us what policies he’s now espousing, and the potential impact for American lives. I doubt it.

15. October 6, 2012 at 6:06 pm
  16. 81 lisalovesobama
    October 6, 2012 at 6:19 pm

willard has some bs ad running here in florida. it’s a woman who says she voted for PBO in 2008, but because he broke his promise of bringing us all together, she’s going with Willard. She said she’s “disappointed” with PBO and as a woman, she has to think about her children and jobs and that’s why she’s supporting Willard. :roll:

October 6, 2012 at 8:44 pm

She’s a teabagger I read somewhere and not a former PBO supporter.

• 83 lisalovesobama
        October 6, 2012 at 9:07 pm

she’s no bagger:

“Louis-Dreyfus has dabbled in politics throughout her life. She supported Al Gore’s 2000 US presidential bid, and also endorsed Barack Obama’s bid for the presidency in 2008.[53] She appeared in a video which urged Obama to reject the proposal of the Keystone XL pipeline, arguing that if the pipeline was to ever leak it would cause mass pollution across the US.[54] Additionally, she has voiced her concern for several environmental issues, and has raised millions for Heal the Bay, the Natural Resources Defense Council and the Trust for Public Land. She also worked for successful passage of Proposition O, which allocated $500 million for cleaning up the Los Angeles water supply.”

October 6, 2012 at 9:12 pm

So why is she voting for Romney if she so cares about the environment? What exactly has Mitt Romney promised to do for the environment that Obama hasn’t done? I’m telling you, this woman is a bagger. I don’t care what her bio says. None of this makes sense. Teabaggers come in a variety of ways. Not all of them are the the poor, uneducated religious gun-lovin’ types.

Anyone who claims to be concerned about the environment but is now voting for Mitt Romney because of disappointment with Obama over his policies on the environment is hiding their true issue with this President.

• 85 lisalovesobama
            October 6, 2012 at 9:13 pm

where did you get that info from? that she’s voting for WIllard?

October 6, 2012 at 9:35 pm

Okay..so are you saying that the ad is lying – because according to the ad (based on what you posted), the woman is now voting for Willard. She also doesn’t mention anything about the environment in the ad and says she’s concerned about her children and her jobs? The person you cite from Wikipedia does not sound like the person in that Willard ad.

• 87 lisalovesobama
                October 6, 2012 at 9:47 pm

oh!! sorry! we are talking about two different people! I’m thought you were commenting on the Julia Louis Dreyfus clip I posted!!!!!! But it looks like you’re actually talking about the ad i mentioned seeing here in florida!! Sorry! I’m not on that thread. and when i responded, i thought you were talking about the last item i posted. So sorry, Hopefruit. And yeah, i totally agree about that so called former Obama voter. I think she’s an actress. If not, she’s brain dead.

• 90 lisalovesobama
            October 6, 2012 at 9:15 pm

her dad pledged $1 million to fight voter suppression:

• 91 lisalovesobama
        October 6, 2012 at 9:12 pm

also, this is what she said about women in politics; no more Swilla from Wasillas:

“No, not more Sarah Palins, in my opinion,” she replied. “…No, I would like a hundred more female Democrats. How about that idea? That’s what I’d really like.”
        This is from late April this year. there’s also a vid included of her on Piers A-hole’s show.

October 6, 2012 at 9:15 pm

OKay, so she’s a PUMA. Same difference…her issue with Obama is race-related. She disguises it well (or so she thinks). Trust me on this one.

• 93 lisalovesobama
            October 6, 2012 at 9:26 pm

her dad is a multimillionaire who pledge a million dollars to block voter suppression. he also ran ads to build public awareness of voter suppression. she helped with the ad:

“She also issued her own statement after the ad ran, saying: “One of the proudest aspects of this nation’s history has been the expansion of the franchise — once just the province of white, landed men, it now belongs to all adults. Those who seek to take the vote away from American citizens stand against history. I’m proud instead to stand with my father.”

ps- just because she sent PBO a public letter asking that he block Keystone doesn’t make her a PUMA. the environment is her thing and so she lent her voice to other environmentalists including Robert Redford who did the same thing, he even appeared in ads. there are always people who are never going to be satisfied with the job PBO has done. Doesn’t make them racist or Obama-haters. And it doesn’t mean we have to write them off.—– this sentiment of course doesn’t apply to Matt Damon and his lesbian lover Ben Affleck who can go fuck themselves then take a long walk of the side of the Golden Gate bridge.

October 6, 2012 at 9:31 pm

Okay lisa I think we are thinking about different people. The person I’m thinking about is someone who is now voting for Willard. So if this woman is not supporting Willard, then she’s not the person I’m referring to.

17. 95 Bill R.
    October 6, 2012 at 6:23 pm

From PPP: Fri. interviews not so good, Sat. interviews look pre-debate. Romney bounce is temporary:

• 96 lisalovesobama
      October 6, 2012 at 6:25 pm

duh! :roll: everyone knows that.
      ps- not directed at you Bill, it’s the stupid pollsters who would think any bounce that freak got was anything other than temporary.

• October 6, 2012 at 6:38 pm
    • 98 khyber jones
      October 6, 2012 at 6:44 pm

Good information. Looks like Friday was Romney’s big polling day but the trend may have been muted by the employment/jobs report which got people to focus on the reasons why they vote for someone for President. The public will give Obama a second chance to get it right at the next debate.

• 99 EricFive
        October 6, 2012 at 7:06 pm

Did you actually watch the debate. I’m not being facetious, just wondering. Thanks

• October 6, 2012 at 7:26 pm

It is good information…..

• 101 nathkatun7
        October 6, 2012 at 7:54 pm

Some of us are tired with your obsession with the debate. Unlike you, some of us who watched the first debate were more appalled by Romney’s lies than we were about President Obama who chose to spend most of his allotted time in the debate dealing with his vision for the future.

• 102 taiping1
          October 6, 2012 at 8:19 pm

Also no debate changes the disaster of the Romney/Ryan budget, war against women, minorities, LGBT, and zest for war with Iran. Personally, as a women Mitt totally turned me off. Reminded me of every arrogant stupid entitled white male I’ve encountered who think that just because their rich they are better than everyone else. One of patients grew up with him and confirmed that he has always been a not-too-bright bully.

• 103 utaustinliberal
        October 6, 2012 at 8:26 pm

Your trolling is so annoying. You popped up the night of the debate and ever since then you’ve been trolling like a GOP plant. I’m tired of your crap. Fuck off.

October 6, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Clap clap clap clap!

I’ve been on Twitter fighting with some so-called Obama supporters who’ve been peddling the same crap about PBO and how outraged they are at his performance. With friends like these…

• 105 RinaX
            October 6, 2012 at 9:16 pm

See, that’s what I don’t get. I can understand being disappointed, but outraged? Really?

• 106 Chi
            October 7, 2012 at 9:12 am

Hopefruit, they are not friends…

And Rina, even the ‘disappointment’ argument is simply bogus…

There was nothing to be ‘disappointed’ about…

October 7, 2012 at 9:15 am

They have been very mean-spirited, not just about PBO, but towards some of us Obama supporters on Twitter. I think these people have their own personal life issues that they aren’t dealing with and instead misdirecting their anger and frustration.

18. October 6, 2012 at 6:25 pm
    • 109 Chi
      October 7, 2012 at 9:14 am

It’s funny how nobody in the media is sharing the important fact that Jack Welch is a Romney campaign co-chair…

October 6, 2012 at 6:27 pm

PPP just came out with their polling showing PBO’s lead shrinking from 7pts to 2pts in Wisconsin. Now all you need to do is look at the President VP Biden and FLOTUS’ schedule for the upcoming week to let you know what their internals are showing about WI.

Yet ppp wants us to think otherwise…that the debates are game changer…that seems a bit too scripted for me.

• October 6, 2012 at 7:24 pm

PPP is providing an objective account of their data. They are not attempting to indoctrinate anyone.

M. Scott Peck described sanity as dedication to reality, at all costs. I have been wrong about many things in my 64 years. This credo has served me well in recent decades – and helped me avoid some egregious mistakes.

• October 6, 2012 at 7:28 pm

In Wisconsin we received two calls from the RNC just today. The state seems to be inundated with mailings – as well as tv ads,

• 113 theo67
        October 7, 2012 at 3:43 am

If things are “volatile” all of a sudden, then I fear for the brain power of the electorate. A people who would sell out their futures because of an engaging theatrical performance are in more serious trouble than they know. This is how the GOP have gotten so far with their take over of the government – they just distract people with shiny objects. And the people don’t notice that their rights are being eroded.

20. October 6, 2012 at 6:32 pm
  21. October 6, 2012 at 6:39 pm
  22. October 6, 2012 at 6:42 pm
    • October 6, 2012 at 6:46 pm

So if I’m reading this correctly, polls went from Bad to worse and then back to normal on Saturday?

October 6, 2012 at 6:54 pm

Laughable, isn’t it. It’s all about narrative setting.

• 120 EricFive
        October 6, 2012 at 7:25 pm

No doubt that the fury with which the MSM in all its manifestations pushed the “Mitt Won the Debate” meme would have an effect on poll numbers. Many of those people polled probably did not watch the debate and are basing their perceptions on what the MSM said about the debate. This is seeming more and more like an advertising campaign. Unfortunately for Mitt, the glow his debate “performance” is wearing off. Debates historically have not “moved the needle” politically in this country, unless a major gaffe occurs. Presidents are not attack dogs. That is the role of the VP. Trust me, VP Biden will take to the role of attack dog during his debate with Ryan and call out the lies in a way that the MSM cannot ignore. The President cannot diminish the office by getting into the mud (the debate would have devolved into a “you’re a liar..no you are a liar” embarrassment. The moderator had no control and nothing could have stopped Mitt from lying and denying. Those who are claiming otherwise either did not watch the debate or live in some fantasy land where Mitt would just admit to his lies and sulk away once confronted).

• 121 nathkatun7
        October 6, 2012 at 7:57 pm

Amazing!

23. 122 dotster3
    October 6, 2012 at 6:44 pm

OK, I talked to every person in Iowa today—-or it felt like it. Heard a little bit of everything, one “none of your bees wax” :)—–but overwhelming number were strong Obama voters. I get touched by many of these good people, most small town and rural, most elderly and all white. And I am impressed with how aware they are of all the political shenanigans that have been going on. They mentioned the Big Mtg. on Inauguration night, planning to obstruct Obama at every turn, knew the details of the financial crisis he faced etc. Most were most angry at Congress, specifically the Republicans, for refusing to do anything good for the country, or anything at all. Many expressed the strong desire that President Obama is re-elected to prove that the people are behind him in spite of everything the Repubs did to try to make him a “one term president” and hoping that helps shut down their obstructionist tactics. I talked about guns—-no, Obama is not breaking down your door to grab your hunting rifle——and hot fudge sundaes and the Surf ballroom in Clear Lake, Buddy Holly and the Big Bopper and high school football and basketball and cheerleading and corn picking and harvest time and cookies baking in the oven—–and most of all President Obama protecting the interests of the middle class. Still had trouble convincing most older people to early vote tho, but all in all a successful, rewarding afternoon.

• October 6, 2012 at 6:57 pm

Thank you for all your hard work dotster.

October 6, 2012 at 6:57 pm

Go ‘head dotster! That’s an awesome report. From my phonebanking experience, people who tell me it’s none of my business are Romney supporters but they don’t want to say it.

If a Romney volunteer calls my home and asks me who am I supporting, I will happily and cheerfully tell the good volunteer that I strongly support Barack Obama for President – thanks for asking and have a blessed day. Why should a Romney supporter not want to say that they support Romney? :) :)

• 125 ewok2
        October 6, 2012 at 7:03 pm

Most Repubs share the same DNA, this is rudeness, disrespect and deceiptfullness, they will believe a lie knowing that it is a lie. Their leaders have taught them to lie and cheat and distort, and resort to violence, most of them support these poor values.

• 126 nathkatun7
      October 6, 2012 at 8:04 pm

Dotster3, you are doing a wonderful job! I would rather listen to people like you about the mood of the people instead of privileged media pundits who have very little interaction with ordinary people. I’ve experienced good will from the people I’ve called in Colorado and Nevada. Once again, thank you so much for all you are doing to re-elect President Obama. I have this good feeling that your hard work will pay-off when the vote results are announced on Nov. 6, 2012.

• 127 taiping1
      October 6, 2012 at 8:22 pm

Thanks for your work. I do believe in the sense and goodness of most Americans and the cynicism and dishonesty of most of the media.

24. 128 prettyfoot58
    October 6, 2012 at 6:52 pm

HEADS UP…

Cspan will be broadcasting previous vice-presidential debates tonight….

Joe Biden/Sarah Palin ‘s debate will be aired on TV 8:45 est….

• 129 prettyfoot58
      October 6, 2012 at 7:04 pm

VP debate between Cheney and Edwards on …right now…TV .cspan that is…

• 130 daisydem
      October 6, 2012 at 7:16 pm

You could not PAY ME enough money to watch that! Ever. I did not watch it the first time … I left the office, went downtown to the Art Museum, and the park (with a lagoon and ducks) that it is in and got some wine and sat on a park bench until it was over. Hubby, son and I kept in touch by text and I came home when it was SAFE! Needless to say I am not a Palin fan (I know too much to ever be one) and I think our precious V.P. was way too much the gentleman that night!

• 131 prettyfoot58
        October 6, 2012 at 7:40 pm

hahaha,,,i feel you daisy…

• October 6, 2012 at 7:57 pm

Right on, daisydem. Sounds fabulous, I should have joined you on that bench. That debate made me furious.

• 133 Obama Grandmama
        October 7, 2012 at 12:20 pm

Your comment, “I know too much to ever be a Palin fan.” got to me as I do too and agree. I lived in Juneau, AK for ten years before retiring and moving to Oregon. I had lots of fellow teacher friends still there when Palin’s VP candicacy was announced. I spent that weekend searching the internet and reading newspaper articles, and calling friends there. I heard many negative things that NEVER came out in the press. We were very fortunate not to get her as VP.

25. October 6, 2012 at 7:05 pm

This is true. Now Mitt is asking if we want the next four to be like the last four

26. 140 jackiegrumbacher
    October 6, 2012 at 7:28 pm

This is truly hilarious. I mentioned earlier that I went to a J&J dinner last night where the topic was Big Bird. Well, lo and behold, USA TODAY has a photo from our little event showing a local union rep with BigBIrd. I didn’t get to see BB, but he was obviously a late dinner guest. Must have been a slow news day for USA Today to pick up something from our little town. The article mentions the president’s rally remarks about Big Bird.

27. 141 99ts
    October 6, 2012 at 7:33 pm

I’m something of a poll nerd & other than Rasmussen don’t believe that polls are biased. They reflect what people say at a certain point in time. After the debate there was some seriously negative things said about the President and it is most likely this could be reflected in the polls. Some on the left probably indicated their annoyance by saying they didn’t “approve” of the President, or they were not going to vote for him. As soon as the numbers head back towards PBO, the right will start again on their claims of bias in the polls and the media.

Sanity always returns. Mitt is the same person now as he was last month, the GOP is the same party as it has been ever since the tea party took over. The swing towards Mitt is temporary – in the mean time – reading here – lots of folks are fired up and working that much harder – PBO will win – the question is by how much.

I also see from the schedule above, the President is still very much involved in running the country – while Mitt Romney does debate practice and memorizes “zingers”.

28. 143 lisalovesobama
    October 6, 2012 at 7:37 pm

Watching The Family That Preys—- never seen Sanaa Lathan like this before. oy yo yoi!!!

• 144 utaustinliberal
      October 6, 2012 at 8:29 pm

I’m watching Grown Ups. So far so good. The best antidote to a shitty day.

• 145 lisalovesobama
        October 6, 2012 at 8:35 pm

trying to find a good movie to watch now. can’t wait for tomorrow to watch Steel Magnolias. I’m a syfy movie addict but it’s got a movie i’ve seen a couple of times before and for some reason old reruns of Psych isn’t on ion as yet :(

• 146 lisalovesobama
        October 6, 2012 at 8:39 pm

the mom breast feeding her kid even though he must be at least 5 or 6 is disturbing in a hilarious way.

29. 147 FiredUpInCA
    October 6, 2012 at 7:45 pm

This is what Obamanomics looks like.

Besides the 7.8% unemployment rate…

There’s this:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) — Ninety-one people including doctors, nurses and other medical professionals were charged criminally after an investigation of Medicare fraud that involved $430 million in false billing in seven cities, officials said on Thursday.

It was the government’s second big raid in recent months after a similar investigation in May involving $452 million in possible fraud in Medicare, the health program for the elderly and disabled.

And this:

And this:

30. October 6, 2012 at 7:50 pm
    • October 6, 2012 at 8:14 pm

I just saw an ad for the VP debate and the tag line was….and we have our Truth Squad to check the facts: David Gregory, Chuck Todd, Andrea Mitchell, yada, yada, yada. OMG, are they kidding me? THAT’s their Truthiness Squad.

31. 152 lisalovesobama
    October 6, 2012 at 8:10 pm

Look everybody, Willard’s spox person in da house:

ps- anyone know where i can watch bootleg versions of this show? it looks so go but no tengo HBO. :( and it’s not on series-cravings.info :(