Oct

Heads Up: President Obama in Los Angeles

6:0 PDT /  9:0 ET: President Obama delivers remarks at the Nokia Theater, LA

President Obama will be joined by Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro and actor George Clooney. Jon Bon Jovi, Earth Wind and Fire, Stevie Wonder, Katy Perry and Jennifer Hudson will perform at the event.

C-Span * CBS 1 * CBS 2 * CNN

(C-Span and CBS now streaming)

9:15: President Obama delivers remarks at the Ritz-Carlton, LA (print pool coverage)

I’m assuming ‘print pool coverage’ means no live coverage??

Monday:

PDT

8:50: President Obama departs Los Angeles

9:45: Arrives Bakersfield, CA

10:35: Tours the Memorial Garden at Chávez National Monument, Keene

11:15: Announces the establishment of the César E. Chávez National Monument

12:35: Departs Bakersfield

1:40: Arrives San Francisco

4:0: Attends a campaign event at the InterContinental San Francisco (closed press)

7:15: Delivers remarks at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, San Francisco (print pool coverage)

9:40: Delivers remarks at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium (pooled for television)

263 Responses to “Heads Up: President Obama in Los Angeles”

1. 1 Nena20409
    October 7, 2012 at 8:43 pm

Will it be televised?

2. 2 vitaminlover
    October 7, 2012 at 8:44 pm

Would have loved to have been there.

3. 3 Nena20409
    October 7, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Pres Obama looking handsome as usual. OK….now I can go DVR it. Great.

4. 6 Betsy
    October 7, 2012 at 8:46 pm

Would love to be there as I live sooooo close. Sigh.

• 7 Betsy
      October 7, 2012 at 8:48 pm

Btw, I noticed that Jerry Brown still never seems to be around when President Obama comes to California. Does anyone know if he was there?

• 8 4morefor44
        October 7, 2012 at 8:58 pm

“the news” has tried to divide and conquer democrats in the past with that suggestion, but governor brown has appeared many times with president obama in california. thing is, our president is in california a lot, so it wouldn’t be that practical or reasonable for governor brown to attend every president obama event.

• 9 Betsy
          October 8, 2012 at 12:02 am

That is good to know as I live here in Cali and have never seen them together. Thanks.

• 10 Chi
            October 8, 2012 at 12:37 am

Never seen Jerry Brown or his wife ‘together with’ or meeting President Obama or Mrs Obama at the airport or anywhere else when they’ve visited California…

And I’ve not only paid very close attention too, but called Jerry Brown’s office a number of times regarding this…

And no, this is not about ‘the news’ trying to divide and conquer Democrats, it is about Jerry Brown and Andrew Cuomo democratic governors of 2 supposedly blue states disrespecting the current President who also happens to be a Democrat…

Jerry Brown and his wife flew to Los Angeles to meet and spend time with a vacationing William and Kate Middleton, but have yet to find time to properly receive the President and First Lady…

Joe Trippi one of those rabid anti-President Obama Fox news ‘Democrats’ just happens to be Jerry Brown’s good buddy, campaign strategist and main political adviser…

• 11 Betsy
              October 8, 2012 at 12:58 am

I thought the same thing as you and have heard comments in the same vein.

• 12 theo67
              October 8, 2012 at 2:20 am

Didn’t President Obama include Jerry Brown in one of his campaign stops when Jerry Brown was trying for the governor’s position. This makes me furious. He has more respect for British royalty than the leader of his won country? That’s outrageous.

• 13 Chi
                October 8, 2012 at 3:07 am

President Obama not only enthusiastically endorsed Jerry, but also blasted e-mails to all Obama donors and supporters in California – with a link to Brown’s website, urging us to get out and volunteer and donate to Jerry Brown…

Jerry Brown’s website was so overwhelmed by the response and crashed within an hour of President Obama’s e-mail to us…

My sister still gets annoyed when she thinks about it…

She wasn’t going to vote for either Jerry Brown or Gavin Newsom or anyone else for that matter, but President Obama’s e-mail and my extended talk about how important it was to get Dems in while ensuring that Meg Whitman was defeated, made her vote for him…

He and his wife have behaved appallingly towards President and Mrs Obama…and there is absolutely no justification for it…

• 14 Chi
                October 8, 2012 at 3:17 am

Hey Theo, did you see this – a must read…

A revealing and insightful peek into the small, greedy minds of the whiny billionaires who are furious because President Obama and Mrs Obama, Malia and Sasha won’t socialize with them and their grandkids…

“–One night last May, some twenty financiers and politicians met for dinner in the Tuscany private dining room at the Bellagio hotel in Las Vegas. The eight-course meal included blinis with caviar; a fennel, grapefruit, and pomegranate salad; cocoa-encrusted beef tenderloin; and blue-cheese panna cotta. The richest man in the room was Leon Cooperman, a Bronx-born, sixty-nine-year-old billionaire. Cooperman is the founder of a hedge fund called Omega Advisors, but he has gained notice beyond Wall Street over the past year for his outspoken criticism of President Obama. Cooperman formalized his critique in a letter to the President late last year which was widely circulated in the business community; in an interview and in a speech, he has gone so far as to draw a parallel between Obama’s election and the rise of the Third Reich–”

“–Last July, before he had written the letter, Cooperman was invited to the White House for a reception to honor wealthy philanthropists who had signed Bill and Melinda Gates and Warren Buffett’s Giving Pledge, promising to donate at least fifty per cent of their net worth to charity. At the event, Cooperman handed the President two copies of “Inspired: My Life (So Far) in Poems,” a self-published book written by Courtney Cooperman, his fourteen-year-old granddaughter. Cooperman was surprised that the President didn’t send him a thank-you note or that Malia and Sasha Obama, for whom the books were intended as a gift and to whom Courtney wrote a separate letter, didn’t write to Courtney. (After Cooperman grumbled to a few friends, including Cory Booker, the mayor of Newark, Michelle Obama did write. Booker, who was also a recipient of Courtney’s book, promptly wrote her “a very nice note,” Cooperman said.)—“

• 15 theo67
                  October 8, 2012 at 3:43 pm

This is so disgusting. They are so entitled. This billionaire Cooperman thinks the President and First Lady and their two daughters should write a letter to his 14 year old granddaughter to thank her for a book of poems about her 14 year old life – so far? They are outrageous. Every story I hear about these entitled rich people just disgusts me. They are just rotten inside. Karma for them will be ugly.

5. 16 Nena20409
    October 7, 2012 at 8:48 pm

I don’t know why I can’t get CNN Live stream on my PC. I hope to contact Charter Communications…..to see what I can get going.

• 17 Sharon
      October 7, 2012 at 10:09 pm

I have Charter and have no problems with CNNlive and I don’t subscribe to cable to get regular CNN. Had a conflict with Firefox after an update for awhile, but a patch fixed that. I think you may have a setting in your computer that is causing you that problem or need to download something.

• 18 Nena20409
        October 8, 2012 at 1:46 am

Thanks. With my other PC I could. But with this PC, not. I do have a subscription of CNN. I will call them to get CNN live. I am hoping that will solve the problem.

6. 19 LunarSea
    October 7, 2012 at 8:52 pm

LOL I’m always posting in a stale thread it seems. I’m gonna tie a line around ChipsChica that I can follow her around with.

7. 20 Pamela
    October 7, 2012 at 8:52 pm

Yo! Y’all! How on Earth am I evah goin’ catch all o’ y’all? :) home after a heck of a day!

• 21 LunarSea
      October 7, 2012 at 8:55 pm

LMAO I know the feeling. ChipsChica wants to keep us fit by keeping us on our toes. Every once in a while we get to rest, but not too long before she’s up and at ‘em again. LOL

8. October 7, 2012 at 8:58 pm

Anyone find a stream?

9. 23 LunarSea
    October 7, 2012 at 8:58 pm

Okay, I’ve got CBS1 and CSPAN but neither are showing anything. If anyone gets a live feed please alert us who are sitting lost in the ethernet.

10. 26 snowbird42
    October 7, 2012 at 9:00 pm

C-span on now

11. October 7, 2012 at 9:02 pm

12. October 7, 2012 at 9:05 pm

13. 38 Michele
    October 7, 2012 at 9:05 pm

FORWARD.. These quotes describe my President Barack Obama from day 1…

A leader is a dealer in hope.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Courage is like love; it must have hope for nourishment.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

14. 42 Don
    October 7, 2012 at 9:07 pm

It’s on now c-span!

October 7, 2012 at 9:10 pm

16. October 7, 2012 at 9:18 pm

Always love that story. . . FIRED UP, READY TO GO!! FIRED UP, READY TO GO!! FIRED UP, READY TO GO!! FIRED UP, READY TO GO!!

October 7, 2012 at 9:19 pm

Here he is!!

18. 51 99ts
    October 7, 2012 at 9:20 pm

I’m watching the President of the United States on C-Span – way to go

And so crazy I posted on the last thread

19. October 7, 2012 at 9:20 pm

20. October 7, 2012 at 9:20 pm

Californians adore this man!!

21. 55 Bill R.
    October 7, 2012 at 9:21 pm

Debates just don’t have that much impact:

22. 56 99ts
    October 7, 2012 at 9:22 pm

LOVE his humor

23. October 7, 2012 at 9:22 pm

What a guy . . . puts a smile on my face every time!

24. October 7, 2012 at 9:22 pm

He such a charmer.

25. 59 Bill R.
    October 7, 2012 at 9:23 pm

26. 60 Bill R.
    October 7, 2012 at 9:24 pm

24 hour bump for Romney- is over:

27. 61 Bill R.
    October 7, 2012 at 9:25 pm

28. 62 cman
    October 7, 2012 at 9:28 pm

Elmo’s is made a run for the border!

29. October 7, 2012 at 9:30 pm

October 7, 2012 at 9:30 pm

Made it home from OFA just in time:) I’m listening…LA loves our President!

31. October 7, 2012 at 9:31 pm

32. October 7, 2012 at 9:31 pm

33. 69 magapie
    October 7, 2012 at 9:33 pm

willard won’t win OH or FL. I just don’t see it. He’s done.

• 70 99ts
      October 7, 2012 at 9:40 pm

He was done in 2008 magapie – nothing he has done since then merits consideration. This election has nothing to do with Romney – the GOP supporters would vote for a brick wall if they thought it could defeat the President.

Romney turned left during the debate – and won the hard right – that is how dumb and ignorant are those who have fought the President for 4 years.

• 71 magapie
        October 7, 2012 at 10:08 pm

Yes that’s right. An the asshole hasn’t had a job or worked in yearssssssssssss…….. Just Livin’ off the ill-gotten $$$$$$$. Nice!

• October 8, 2012 at 4:48 am

He might win Florida. Obama won Virginia and Ohio by bigger margins than he won Florida in ’08. It’s a very weird state that can swing either way (heh) … but I wouldn’t be surprised if Obama carried Florida.

34. October 7, 2012 at 9:34 pm

35. 74 collegekay
    October 7, 2012 at 9:36 pm

I am obsessed with Barack Obama.

That is all.

36. October 7, 2012 at 9:41 pm

October 7, 2012 at 9:42 pm

I can’t wait to hear from purpleshoes!!!

38. October 7, 2012 at 9:44 pm

Damn he’s good!! I am crying again. That is all.

39. 91 squarepeg
    October 7, 2012 at 9:45 pm

DAMMIT I MISSED IT!!!!!!!!!!! I miss everything :(

40. October 7, 2012 at 9:45 pm

41. October 7, 2012 at 9:46 pm

Awesome speech, Mr. President. We will not let you down. All doubters and chickenlittles are on final notice!

42. 132 cman
    October 7, 2012 at 9:49 pm

I loved that he poked fun at his debate performance. This tells me in the next one Romney is gonna be in for a surprise. All is going exactly like I expected…heheh so good.

• 133 taiping1
      October 7, 2012 at 10:19 pm

Reading Audacity to Win you appreciate how many times the campaign was on the ropes and our President rose to the occasion. He is fiercely committed and knows what’s at stake. I trust him and his team. He is right: our vision is better and he will focus on communicating it and countering the lying bully.

43. October 7, 2012 at 9:51 pm

44. October 7, 2012 at 9:57 pm

Delurking for a moment from my weekend break. One of my friends is at the Nokia Theater as we speak! She won a ticket for having made over 1,000 calls for the campaign. She almost fainted when she found out.

There’s an essay percolating in my brainpan for TPV. More soon.

45. 137 Ladyhawke
    October 7, 2012 at 9:57 pm

Unlike the Corporate Media, Citizens Aren’t Buying Romney’s Debate Lies

By: Sarah Jones October 6th, 2012see more posts by Sarah Jones

—————————

So, Romney “won” the debate but did nothing he needed to do in order to present himself as more presidential. Worse, our media gave a debate to the person who by all fact-checkers’ accounts, lied his way through the entire debate to such an astonishing degree that there were times we did not know who was standing on that stage. This was not the Mitt Romney who has been campaigning for the past six years. Mitt Romney “won” by disavowing himself of Mitt Romney. How is that a real “win”? Perhaps he won the debate only to lose himself.
    If this is “winning”, then we need to redefine the purpose of these debates. Ostensibly, they exist to inform the people. How exactly did Mitt Romney inform the people of his policy positions so that they were better equipped to vote their conscience? He misled them, if anything, and he seemed to only confirm voters’ already dim opinions of his character. The media dropped the ball on this one, including the allegedly liberal media.

—————————————-

46. October 7, 2012 at 9:58 pm

• 139 lisalovesobama
      October 7, 2012 at 10:06 pm

So glad he didn’t lose his shit that night. He’s right, no one changed the way they were going to vote that night. Plus debate wise: no more fucking debates unless or until there is a credible way to hold candidates accountable for their positions ie a moderator with facts AND a tv with video of the candidates endorsing their positions. This whole lying for the camera is absolute bullshit and shouldn’t be allowable. Fuckers……. By fuckers I mean Lehrer and Willard and the media.

47. 140 squarepeg
    October 7, 2012 at 10:00 pm

ok wait a minute, I’m confused. Where did Obama speak just now? And is he still speaking at the Civic Center at 9:40? It’s only 7pm there now, right? So two hours and 40 minutes

48. 145 lisalovesobama
    October 7, 2012 at 10:02 pm

Ugh! Do y’all think c-span will have the vid up before midnight? I’m missed it but wanna watch before I have to got to bed early.

49. 146 lovingandlaughing
    October 7, 2012 at 10:04 pm

Oh my goodness, if you all have not checked out the hashtag #mitterature on twitter tonight then you must! The tweets are so funny!

50. 150 Jey
    October 7, 2012 at 10:12 pm

Hello all … Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians! I am de-lurking to share a little story :).
    On Tuesday a friend and I flew in to NJ to visit our friend Sta and her husband Stu (who are originally from India). On Wed, my friends and I drove to Bar Harbor ME for a girls only outing for 3 nights :). While we were stuck in traffic not too far from Parsippany – it was almost a stand-still, I started my little spiel on my friend. I asked her if she knew what OFA is and her response is ‘no’. I was only too happy to tell her about it, and explicitly told her – :) (I know, I know), that she has to let her friends / congregation of Buddhist practising / meditation group know to vote for Democrats. I also suggested that she volunteers for OFA. Unfortunately Sta is not able to vote yet, but her husband is an American citizen, and I reminded him that he is not to miss voting and that he has to vote Democrat. He assured me that he always does and that his friends do too. My Canadian friend thinks I am out to convert everyone I meet so that they would vote Democrat …

Day 1 in Bar Harbor was fun, did some touristy stuff … ate lobster at every opportunity etc etc … watched a portion of the debate.
    Day 2 – woke up at 3am, couldn’t fall asleep, decided to go downstairs to read (in order not to disturb my friends who were sleeping in the room). Went downstairs, what do I see? The night clerk (a young girl who is all of 19 years old) watching the presidential debate. She puts her computer away as soon as she saw me, I sat down in the sofaacross from her and I didin’t waste any time at all starting the conversation about the debate etc. Soon another night staff (young man), decided to join in our conversation. I asked them about themselves and we were carrying on a nice little conversation in the wee hours of the night / morning … LOL. I asked her who she was leaning towards … she wasn’t sure … she like PBO – because he is all about hiring more teachers etc etc, but is worried about the economy / deficit / owings to china. I reminded her that the reason the US is in the state that it is/was in is because of a 2 term Republican presidency. The young man was originally from Oregon where he said that there was hardly any job for him as a landscaper, so I brought up another point, saying that PBO’s administration is all about giving tax breaks for companies that bring or create jobs in America and that jobs are coming back to the US.
    One example and I used this to make my point. Someone here in Toronto works for a company that manufactures parts for cars here in the Toronto area, and export the parts to GM or one of the other car manufacturers in the US, but now they no longer have the contract because of a stipulation where the American car company can only get the parts from businesses within a certain mile radius (or something like that).
    Long story short, I mentioned healthcare, jobs, reminded her that the repubs are all about helping the wealthy wall street fat-cats, my observation as an outsider etc etc etc … our conversation lasted nearly 2 hours. I had the attention of the 2 young people and so I made sure I gave them reasons to vote Dems, told them PBO has a good long term approach and that she should research all the good that he has done.
    Their manager showed up shortly after 5 and our conversation ended. I would really like to think that they are both voting Dems. Keeping fingers crossed. I did see a few Obama/ Biden signs, and a couple of Romney/Ryan signs.
    While I was pulling into one of the service centres, I was driving to park in on the parking spots when my friends in the car noticed a Romney/Ryan bumper sticker on the car I would have parked next to, and they both went “eeeeeuuuuwwww”, so I made sure I parked far away from that car … LOL … just goes to show there’s still an immaturity somewhere inside of mid 40’s and 51 year old women … LOL LOL. All it took was an hour of my spiel to get the ladies to show disdain to the RRs … ROFL.

Just wanted to share this with everyone … :)

Good nite all …

51. 161 FoxfireTX
    October 7, 2012 at 10:22 pm
  52. October 7, 2012 at 10:25 pm

53. October 7, 2012 at 10:26 pm

It hurts me that this man who is working so hard for us has laugh at himself for one so called bad night by pundits. In many ways it makes sense as to why AAs stood by clinton as he was being pummeled by his own team as well as media. I was in Paris at that time and I remember the french were wondering why we as Americans were impeaching him when the economy was doing well. In my analysis as a former debater he did fine. The moderator needed to control Rmoney better.
    I have his back and will not waver. If he decides to quit today, I support him a 100%. The middle and poor classes will not fare well but the pundits will.
    One more thing, the pundits are an owned subsidiary of cooperations, which means whether they are right or left there first allegiance is to their paycheck rather than us or PBO. Remember what they were doing just before 2010, same scenario this year. GOVT and donate is the key.
    Thanks to all who keep us motivated with there GOVT stories.

• 164 theo67
      October 7, 2012 at 11:16 pm

I’m with you , zulu – but we both know he will never quit.

• 165 EDP4BHO
      October 7, 2012 at 11:44 pm

I agree with you, and thanks to you as well.

October 7, 2012 at 11:54 pm

I agree zulu. I’ve just came from Old Orange where I had to put a few people in their respective places. I won’t bring any of that here, but let’s just say thankfully, the majority of voters have our President’s back and are not going to allow a media-driven narrative to discourage them. If any thing, people are even more fired up and determined than EVER!

54. 167 Pamela
    October 7, 2012 at 10:32 pm

Yo, again. Have been scanning the day, (whew, I am beat) but not seeing much, if anything of our/my VC? Have I missed that much, or did she tell us earlier she would be vacating her very important place on the blog? Anyone? Should I be worried?

October 7, 2012 at 11:45 pm

Here I am! Over here Pamela /waving/. Here I am! {{{Pamela}}} – No worries, but thank you so much; I feel a little less isolated. Been having a weekend where I can’t keep up. Also my chatter battery ran down because I like to have some idea what I’m talking about and running here and there robbed me of the chance to be on top of the general info. This morning I was preparing for Thanksgiving dinner with friends and family and I came back not too long ago. Things should be back to normal tomorrow. And yes I did miss you guys and felt like the hole in my life was expanding. ;)

55. 169 dudette9t9
    October 7, 2012 at 10:33 pm

Victor Cruz of the New York Giants shares why he supports President Obama and what you can do to help re-elect the President in November.

October 7, 2012 at 10:36 pm

Forgive me if this has already been posted…worked all day at OFA…THIS IS WORTH TWEETING!

I know it’s a risk to bring up the deficit when it’s still above one trillion, but considering how Romney has been repeatedly accusing the president of “doubling the deficit,” when in fact the CBO report from Friday proves that Obama cut the deficit by hundreds of billions of dollars, this is something that’s worthy of bragging. And next year’s projections indicate a $900 billion deficit, giving the president a four year total of $500 billion in deficit reduction.

This is with zero help from the Republicans whose nominee intends to add $5 trillion to the deficit with another massively irresponsible tax cut. It’s also worth noting that President Bush, in his first term, added $400 billion to the deficit while also eliminating a $200 billion surplus leaving a grand total of $600 billion in fiscal irresponsibility.

In modern history, I can name two Democratic presidents who have cut the deficit. Clinton and Obama. Can anyone name just one Republican president who did the same? Not Bush 43, not Bush 41, not Reagan, not Ford, not Nixon.

57. 174 susanne
    October 7, 2012 at 10:57 pm

on snl, big bird tells a joke:

you know who loves de-bates?
    de fishes!

and that sums up my feelings quite well.

58. October 7, 2012 at 11:03 pm

Here is how Politico writes about the PPP Virginia poll-

PPP: Obama up 3 in Virginia
    By EMILY SCHULTHEIS | 10/7/12 10:20 PM EDT
    Public Policy Polling is out with some new post-debate numbers in Virginia, where Mitt Romney is campaigning tomorrow, and finds that President Obama still leads Mitt Romney there:

PPP’s newest Virginia poll finds Barack Obama leading Mitt Romney 50-47 in the state, down from a 51-46 advantage three weeks ago. This is the closest we’ve found the race in Virginia the entire cycle, but Obama continues to find himself at the critical 50% mark in a state where Romney probably can’t afford to lose.

Romney’s performance in the debate on Wednesday seems to have helped his image with Virginia voters. They think he won the debate by a 61/28 margin, including 71/17 with independents. Compared to our last poll he’s seen a 10 point gain in his net favorability rating from -2 at 47/49 in mid-September to now +8 at 52/44. The problem for Romney is that most of that gain has come with Democrats, from 6/90 to 21/76. But still only 8% of those Democrats are actually voting for Romney. Much of the improvement in Romney’s image is people going from hating Romney and voting for Obama to respecting Romney but still voting for Obama.

The numbers on who won the debate are pretty consistent both with other post-debate polling we’ve seen so far, as well as what’s been said by pundits and political observers. And the Virginia top lines show a diminished lead for Obama, who’s been up by mid-single digits the last couple of weeks.

LOL!
    This is the definition of spin!

• 176 99ts
      October 7, 2012 at 11:29 pm

Only people voting for Romney would suggest that any democrats “respect” Romney. That would be the very last word that should be used when speaking of Romney. He has earned no respect and deserves no respect from 99% of the population.

• 177 Obama Grandmama
        October 8, 2012 at 1:44 pm

The word respect associated with Romney is not feasible at all. I am still not able to even understand how the word “win” can be associated with a debate where one side just continuously lied. That is like saying a person using enhancing drugs that are not legal is a champion regardless even when they have been proven cheaters. As far as I know every athlete that has been caught lost their title.

• 178 Mae who love our CIC
      October 8, 2012 at 8:27 am

Yes Jovie it is spin!

What still so puzzling is that some of us discount what we actually know about Willard. He lies, won’t show us his tax returns, tells us his heart is where he keeps his money, mentally impaired, tells us he will allow America’s middle class to be destroyed and yet he has gain some respect by being a bully and the pathological liar that he is.
      We can’t and we should not allow Willard to continue to abuse our ears and hearts with his nonsense. Believe Willard, he is telling us to our faces he is for himself and his friends. He will say and do what is necessary to destroy this country.

Got my absentee ballot in Florida and I am telling us Florida voters that the form is three pages front and back legal size paper size. The process and lines will be long if each voter has to navigate through the process of voting November 2012. Please vote early and by absentee if you can.

Fired UP, and Ready to VOTE!

59. 179 isonprize
    October 7, 2012 at 11:16 pm

Hey Chica, you named the last thread after me and didn’t even TELL me!!! :lol; :lol: :lol: :cool: :cool:

LAST TWO DAYS of VOTER REGISTRATION IN PENNSYLVANIA!! Voter registration deadline is October 9, 2012

I’m certain that I’m going to collapse at midnight Tueaday night. But not a moment before!!!

In honor of all who have fought, been beaten and been mistreated, for all who have cried, all who have waited and all who have DIED to vote. I dedicate my work to them! My inspiration comes from the stories both of my parents told. For them both, I dedicate my work. This clip is for inspiration.

60. 181 anniebella
    October 7, 2012 at 11:17 pm

Do anyone know what are the schedules for VP Biden and FLOTUS for this week?

61. 182 anniebella
    October 7, 2012 at 11:19 pm

Want to save Big Bird? VOTE OBAMA!!!!!!!!!!!

62. 183 AnitaW
    October 7, 2012 at 11:27 pm

Just got back from Nokia. It was so wonderful. One of the best nights of my life. All of the performers were great, but Stevie Wonder put on a clinic. I could have listened to him all night. George Clooney was freaking gorgeous. Mayors Castro and Villagorisoa gave prett impressive speeches. When the President came out my Mom started crying (me too).

All in all a wonderful night. I hope he raises lots of money and I can hardly wait for the VP debate.

• 184 taiping1
      October 7, 2012 at 11:33 pm

The cheers were deafening: what spirit. Especially the cheers of support when the President admitted that unlike the performers he did not always give a flawless performance.

October 7, 2012 at 11:50 pm

We have our President’s back through thick and thin because he’s been there for us. True supporters don’t abandon the President over a silly 90-minute debate.

• 186 taiping1
          October 8, 2012 at 1:04 am

When he was in Oakland we cheered to lift the root hoping to buoy him up after multiple events. (The racist GOP denigration of him as lazy is such a joke: the Michael Lewis Vanity Fair is a testament to how hardworking our President is.)
          I noted that the stump speech has been tweaked so he starts out with all the accomplishments: a record to be proud of!

• 187 AnitaW
        October 7, 2012 at 11:54 pm

Spectacular night.

• 188 elo4obama/biden
        October 8, 2012 at 12:24 am

Ya know what? I don’t expect him to always “perform” flawlessly either, cause that would make him perfect, and there are no perfect human beings. He is flawlessly caring and courageous as he works tirelessly on behalf of this nation and humanity around the world :smile:

Many of you have said it best, and yes it is a sad commentary where a blatant liar and bully is seen as a winner! Romney’s plan incoherent and riddled with lies and hafl truths and flip then flops as presented is NOT good for the bulk of Americans nor for the future of this country. Tweety, Maddow, Ed and Ezra K have really torn it with me. I can’t say I’ll never watch their programs, but it will be sparingly. I was hoping to go back to daily watch until after the election, but not going to happen. It just infuriates me that they’d focus on the president not bbeing on his A game- so therefore he’s the loser of the dabate. Never mind Willard just lies every other word- he was a committed liar,
        unshakeable in his committment to his lies. Unfreakin believable!

I will say, I’ll take the presidents A(-) B game over a serial liar with trouble answering the questions posed, let alone being cohererant! I still don’t know how he plans to spur the economy, and now he says he plans no 5 T in tax cuts for the so called “job creators.” IDIOTS!!!

• 189 LunarSea
        October 8, 2012 at 1:00 am

AnitaW and Taiping1 love hearing your accounts. You both sound exhilarated and exhausted at the same time.

Can’t believe the cheers at his statement about his ‘performance’ was even louder that it sound on the live feed. That is so heartening to hear. Yes this man is special and most of us know it.

We’ve got his back.

October 7, 2012 at 11:57 pm

Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has won a fourth term in office after defeating opposition leader Henrique Capriles.

Mr Chavez won 54% of the vote, the country’s electoral council announced.

• 191 amk for obama
      October 8, 2012 at 12:02 am

BBC was pimping the opposition candidate saying it was gonna be the closest election evah. In the end, it turned to be a 10-point blowout.

• 192 LunarSea
      October 8, 2012 at 1:02 am

four terms of 44 is what this country needs. We wouldn’t subject him to that so we have to find suitable replacement :lol:

64. 193 Cozimfree
    October 8, 2012 at 12:15 am

Shoot, you got me all soggy and stuffy… again… with that “we fight.” Brings back memories of a poster at 538 quoting “Saint Crispin’s Day after Prez won in 2008.

65. 194 purpleshoesla
    October 8, 2012 at 12:26 am

I’M BAAACK from NOKIA. Here’s a brief comment cuz I’m still trying to process it all and my feet hurt!! :lol: And I’ve got to look at the pix and video I took. Although I will fess up right now, I’m sure there’s a lot of “operator error” because I was dancing while still taking pictures. Fan-fucking-tastic seats. 13 rows from the stage, on the far right side. All the “dignitaries” were being escorted in at the floor level on my side of theatre to be sat in the very front. So all kinds of famous people both celebs & politicians and Harvey Weinstein. About half way thru Jon Bon Jovi’s acoustic set, I see someone out of the corner of my eye kind of hanging in the wings waiting to be seated and it’s JAY “Clark Kent” CARNEY. SUPER DUPER CUTIE PIE UP CLOSE! Everyone around me recognized him as well. The lady next to me commented that she so admired Jay for all he has to put up with “those jackasses masquerading as journalists”. Jay looked in our direction as she said this. I don’t know if he really saw us but we waved and gave him a thumbs up anyway and he kind of smiled so I’ll just tell myself that yes, yes he did see us. So Earth Wind & Fire opened the concert and tore it up. Jennifer Hudson was stunning and saang her now teeny tiny ass off. Jon B’s set was quiet and acoustic, and Katy Perry brought the fireworks (New Skool as our illustrious Prez calle it). Then Mr. Delish George Clooney ambled onto the stage from our side of the theatre and jokingly introduced “an upcoming artist from Saginaw, Michigan named Steveland Hardaway Morris”. and Stevie came on, tore the roof off, brought the place down. And then the Prez came out and made some remarks, ya know nuthin’ special hee hee. He was banging all over the podium tonight and gave it two very emphatic pounds at the end. He walked off stage on our side of the theatre so you know we were all jumping up and waving hysterically and yes he most definitely waved at me.

Ok not so brief. I see Miz Chips has the snippet up where our Pres alludes to his debate performance. As loud as the crowd sounds on the clip showing him our love and support when he made that statement, it was 10x louder there. That’s when I started crying. WHEW what a night!! Once I come down off the endorphins, I’ll see if any of my pix and video came out and send them to Miz Chips to post. #4MoreFor44!

• 195 dudette9t9
      October 8, 2012 at 12:33 am

Wow, purpleshoes! My heart’s racing from reading your account. It must have been surreal being there! I’m sooo happy for you!! Thanks for sharing your experience. Really looking forward to your pics and/or video. Rest those feet now. You deserve a good rest.

• 196 LunarSea
      October 8, 2012 at 12:54 am

Wow. That’s all I can say after reading that, Wow!

• 197 EricFive
      October 8, 2012 at 1:00 am

Sounds like a wonderful experience. Your vivid description made the event come to life for me. Thank you for sharing.

• 198 taiping1
      October 8, 2012 at 1:08 am

Thanks for posting. We love our President Obama!

• 199 Betsy
      October 8, 2012 at 1:20 am

Sounds amazing! So glad the president got somei love.

• 200 prettyfoot58
      October 8, 2012 at 5:36 am

Wow Wow Wow…Goooooooooooood Morning Purpleshoes….first thing…did you wear those beautiful purple shoes to the concert….hahahaha….it sounds like the it was a simply Amazzzzzzzzzzzzzzing concert!!!!….your account makes me feel like i was there…Ooooooooooo weeeeeeee….looking forward to the pics and videossss

October 8, 2012 at 7:18 am

I was exhausted yesterday…went to bed thinking of you being there. Yes, seriously…I did! Now, this is what I get for going to bed at 8pm…I’m awake at 4am….and SO glad to see this post!Sounds like you had one magical night! So happy for you and glad that you got to share that with all the other happy, fired up Obots in LA:) What a list of entertainers….!!! Hope they all opened their wallets for PBO as well… People are always so happy when they are around him, supporting him. The energy in the room must have been off the charts! Happy for you, purpleshoes…so, so happy that you got to experience that! Go soak your feet!

66. 202 Rita
    October 8, 2012 at 12:56 am

TOD family, so excited to report that I will be going to see the President speak at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium tomorrow!! I had purchased a couple tickets and I won another ticket from OFA. Beyond happy!! I will report back to you on how the event went. I expect it to be pretty crazy starting around noon tomorrow, even though the doors don’t open till 5:30pm. We’ve already received directions about the security considerations etc. and it promises to be a long, tiring and wonderful night. Michael Franti and Spearhead, John Legend and Dave Matthews Band’s Boyd Tinsley are performing among others. :)

67. 212 Jeff
    October 8, 2012 at 1:24 am

I found myself laughing but I also felt that their was some pain there as well. I suspect he will learn from this mistake and will hammer Romney on the 16th.

68. 213 Tally
    October 8, 2012 at 1:50 am

69. 215 Tally
    October 8, 2012 at 1:52 am

70. October 8, 2012 at 1:57 am

His comments on Thursday, at the Denver & Madison rallies, were revealing.

He was humorous about not knowing who the fella on the stage at the debate was, compared to everything ‘severely conservative’ Mitt had been saying for more than a year prior to the debate.

His statements were accurate and well done but weren’t the real message.

At the core of Barack Obama, is an exceptionally decent, kind person, as all of the TOD community know.

His self-deprecating humor at the LA event tonight is indicative to me of how unique and enormous the struggle of this remarkably empathetic person must be.

He knows he’s dealing with PATHOLOGY on a GRAND SCALE in the creature named Mitt Romney.

I think OBL was a much easier adversary for PBO to contend – he simply was a deadly terrorist who had enabled the murder of 3K Americans.

But, PBO also knows that a President Mitt is capable of mass destruction on a scale OBL could only have dreamed of achieving – mass destruction of the American Middle Class and countless humans – think Bush/Cheney perpetual war, amplified – throughout the world.

Even knowing all of that, he just couldn’t bring himself to pulverize Mitt Romney because he the guy is as genuinely a mentally disabled human being as you are ever to encounter.

What an amazing quandary for our President.

Fact is, We are the ones who must make it obvious to everyone just how KIND President Obama was being to his and our EVIL adversary.

We should do all we can to try to convey to those close to the President that WE understand the challenge he faces in dealing with a profoundly mentally disabled candidate.

That is, in part, why I’ve been trying to focus attention on Ann’s warning – her concern for his “Mental Well-Being IF elected.” Nothing like that has ever been said by the spouse of a Presidential candidate that I can find in any recorded history. Perhaps other candidate’s spouses have had similar concerns but they sure ain’t on YouTube or in any published material searchable by Google, Bing, etc.

So, dear friends, it is our responsibility as citizens, given the absence of a genuine ‘4th Estate’ in our democracy to press for medical psychiatric evaluation of Mitt Romney in addition to demanding access to his 2009 and prior 23 years of tax returns that freaked McCain so badly he jumped Palin.

#PRESSON

• 217 Tally
      October 8, 2012 at 2:08 am

Most excellently said Bob! Thank you.

Still we must remember that this mentally unhinged man is still a pathological serial liar, and sociopathic bully. Those people need to be put away for the safety of society.

Shame PBO can’t call the men in white coats to come on stage, strap Mitt into a straight jacket, and 5150 him.

• 218 theo67
        October 8, 2012 at 2:24 am

That would be a brilliant site to see! Maybe Mitt would even go willingly – surely he must know in his heart of hearts that he’s just not ok.

• October 8, 2012 at 2:35 am

Tally and theo – thank you.

Tally, of course you know the President would actually be performing a humanitarian act by following your recommendation, but it would not be perceived by many as just that. He is truly that good of a person, however and I just want him to know we realize it. Maybe this will be passed along to him, in the spirit of respect for him and concern for an obviously impaired fellow human:

I know President Obama lives daily within the context of ‘how you treat the least of me’ … and no matter how much money Mitt has, he is among the most impoverished humans on the planet earth, tonight.

#FORWARD

• 220 nathkatun7
      October 8, 2012 at 3:00 am

Bob, you are absolutely the best! Once again you said so well what I thought and felt after watching the debate replay on C-Span. Mitt Romney, loudly and aggressively, told lies to the American people. Instead of the media focusing on Mitt Romney’s lies they chose to focus on the way he was aggressive in lying. The media completely overlooked the truthful and forward looking agenda that President Obama plans to implement on behalf of all Americans. I trust that most Americans do not prefer aggressive and loud talking liars over serious, focused and self confident, candidates for the presidency.

• October 8, 2012 at 3:12 am

Thank you, nath, for your insightful comments.

The more I pondered how our President responded to the severely disabled Mitt Romney the more it was clear he was being his expansive, empathetic self. It wasn’t multidimensional chess or ‘rope a dope’ or anything trivial like that. It seems to me that in having his first encounter with such massive pathology, our President was stunned – this person, Mitt Romney, really, really is CRAZY.

Just imagine you are Commander in Chief of the United States, as well as, President and you are now encountering a threat to the National Security of the US and to humanity that Mitt Romney actually is.

Talk about disturbing!

This wasn’t a debate – this was a face-to-face encounter with a NUT.

And, no matter how he self-deprecated tonight in LA, I respect him more in the past four days than ever before because he is big enough to take the hits all the while knowing that had he crushed Mitt on 3 Oct it would have been like Kobe stealing the ball from a six year old.

#PRESSON

• 222 Mae who love our CIC
      October 8, 2012 at 8:49 am

Oh Bob, my sentiments exactly. Willard is impaired. He falls apart under pressure and he is not presidential material. Willard’s money got him in the game and his money thus far is propping him. Remove the money parameters and media lying right along with him and he would have self destruct long before now. He does not have the stamina, temperament nor honesty to lead our great country.

Willard tells us that his sons lie and my thought, dang what did he expect. Their dad lies with every word that proceeds out of his mouth.

71. 223 carla4obama
    October 8, 2012 at 2:32 am

Here you go Bob…we have our diagnosis:

The serial bully displays behaviour congruent with many of the diagnostic criteria for Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Characterised by a pervasive pattern of grandiosity and self-importance, need for admiration, and lack of empathy, people with narcissistic personality disorder overestimate their abilities and inflate their accomplishments, often appearing boastful and pretentious, whilst correspondingly underestimating and devaluing the achievements and accomplishments of others.

Often the narcissist will fraudulently claim to have qualifications or experience or affiliations or associations which they don’t have or aren’t entitled to. Belief in superiority, inflating their self-esteem to match that of senior or important people with whom they associate or identify, insisting on having the “top” professionals or being affiliated with the “best” institutions, but criticising the same people who disappoint them are also common features of narcissistic personality disorder.

Narcissists react angrily to criticism and when rejected, the narcissist will often denounce the profession which has rejected them (usually for lack of competence or misdeed) but simultaneously and paradoxically represent themselves as belonging to the profession they are vilifying.

Fragile self-esteem, a need for constant attention and admiration, fishing for compliments (often with great charm), an expectation of superior entitlement, expecting others to defer to them, and a lack of sensitivity especially when others do not react in the expected manner, are also hallmarks of the disorder. Greed, expecting to receive before and above the needs of others, overworking those around them, and forming romantic (sic) or sexual relationships for the purpose of advancing their purpose or career, abusing special privileges and squandering extra resources also feature.

People with narcissistic personality disorder also have difficulty recognizing the needs and feelings of others, and are dismissive, contemptuous and impatient when others share or discuss their concerns or problems. They are also oblivious to the hurtfulness of their behaviour or remarks, show an emotional coldness and a lack of reciprocal interest, exhibit envy (especially when others are accorded recognition), have an arrogant, disdainful and patronizing attitude, and are quick to blame and criticise others when their needs and expectations are not met.

The DSM-IV Diagnostic Criteria for Narcissistic Personality Disorder are:

A. A pervasive pattern of grandiosity, need for admiration, lack of empathy, as indicated by at least five of:

1. a grandiose sense of self-importance
    2. is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
    3. believes that he or she is “special” and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
    4. requires excessive admiration
    5. has a sense of entitlement, ie unreasonable expectations of especially favourable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
    6. is interpersonally exploitative, ie takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
    7. lacks empathy and is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
    8. is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
    9. shows arrogant, haughty behaviours or attitudes

• October 8, 2012 at 2:41 am

Most excellent, Carla, for bring these details to the TOD community. I had tweeted and commented, months ago, on these defining characteristics of Mitt Romney.

Many others have similarly recognized the scope of his pathology. And, certainly our kind and knowledgeable President Obama is aware of the extent of Mitt’s impairment.

We must do all we can to have everyone realize just how severely disabled Mitt Romney is.

#FORWARD

• 225 nathkatun7
      October 8, 2012 at 3:04 am

Bravo! A must read post!

• October 8, 2012 at 3:21 am

Thank you, again, Carla.

Hopefully, someone from Team Obama will see the tweet and click on the link to your fine comment.

#PRESSON

• 227 Mae who love our CIC
      October 8, 2012 at 8:57 am

EXCELLENT POST, CARLA! Shout it from the mountain tops and in the valleys below.

October 8, 2012 at 2:41 am

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to my friend canadabarb4obama and all our other Canadian O’friends!

Happy Birthday, Jackie4Obama !!

73. 230 99ts
    October 8, 2012 at 5:08 am

I wonder how many countries Romney will insult with his “major foreign policy” speech – not to mention the harm he does to his country talking up wars and aggression – unless, of course, he twists 180 degrees and agrees with President Obama.

• 231 prettyfoot58
      October 8, 2012 at 5:47 am

Gooooooood Morning…TOD….GM 99…
      America is tired of war….

it should be interesting to see which Mitt Romney speaks …will he be the warhawk Romney calling for more aggression…esp with Iran…will he try to curry favor with Netanyahu…will he say that we should be more aggressive in Syria….

or will he state a new position all together…..

but whatever he says…we know that Romney can’t be trusted/ he does not stand for anything/and he will say and do anything to get elected/

• October 8, 2012 at 7:08 am

That’s not the point,the Media is setting the Meme for Robney. Will the Luberal media start slamming Robney again, or are they going to try and hand the election to Robney?
        This is incredible!

• 233 99ts
        October 8, 2012 at 7:19 am

gm pf – I think the world is tired of war – which is why there was, and is, so much faith in PBO.

• October 8, 2012 at 6:33 am

He is running the George Bush Campaign if 04, deny tax cuts plan and smear your opponent as weak on Foreign policy.
      Are Americans that stupid?

• 235 99ts
        October 8, 2012 at 7:18 am

No jovie – I don’t think so – but there are a few with large investments in war – they want to shape Mitt’s ideas.

74. October 8, 2012 at 6:25 am

Apparently, Gallup has the Race tied and it has given new meaning to the debate.
    It’s all the News is talking about, again.
    Jobs Smobs, who cares about jibs, we got Gallup. The media says Democrats are depressed. Democrats are not depressed, its the 99% people that are being conflated, as Democrats.
    They ate really playing this out, aren’t they?

• 237 99ts
      October 8, 2012 at 7:24 am

Jodie, where do you get your info. The latest gallup had President Obama up 49:46 on their 7 day average. They had the President’s approval down to 48:46 – but that is the media reaction to the debate & it will change – as will the other figures. Gallup is reasonably honest with their polls so see it for what it is – a media generated hiccup.

What was interesting with yesterday’s figures from gallup was unemployment 7.6%

• October 8, 2012 at 7:29 am

Gallup: Romney gets big debate bump
        By ALEXANDER BURNS | 10/8/12 6:54 AM EDT
        Gallup’s Jeffrey Jones writes this morning that the organization’s tracking poll leaves little doubt about the impact of last week’s debate on the 2012 race:

Registered voters’ preferences for president are evenly split in the first three days of Gallup tracking since last Wednesday’s presidential debate. In the three days prior to the debate, Barack Obama had a five-percentage-point edge among registered voters. …

An Oct. 4-5 Gallup poll finds roughly two in three Americans reporting that they watched the Oct. 3 debate, similar to what Gallup measured for each of the three 2008 presidential debates. Those who viewed the debate overwhelmingly believe Romney did a better job than Obama, 72% to 20%. Republicans were nearly unanimous in judging Romney the winner. But even Democrats rated Romney as doing a better job than Obama, 49% to 39%. …

Still, the impact was not so strong that it changed the race to the point where Romney emerged as the leader among registered voters. Rather, at least in the first three days of Gallup tracking after the debate, the race is tied.

75. October 8, 2012 at 6:45 am

God damn Gallup! If you need to change focus, give Gallup a call!

76. 240 Linda
    October 8, 2012 at 6:48 am

Romney Foreign Policy Speech To Soften Stance On Israel-Palestine Peace Process

In a heavily hyped foreign policy address at the Virginia Military Institute on Monday, Romney plans to declare his commitment to the notion of “a Democratic, prosperous Palestinian state living side by side in peace and security with the Jewish state of Israel.” According to advance excerpts of his remarks provided by the campaign, he will also knock President Barack Obama for failing to make progress on a two-state solution, instead abdicating responsibility to international institutions like the United Nations.

“In this old conflict, as in every challenge we face in the Middle East, only a new president will bring the chance to begin anew,” Romney will say.

This guy gives me panic attacks…..and I am not kidding either.

• October 8, 2012 at 7:04 am

He is taking all of the Presidents positions, so the President has nothing to debate with.
      Meanwhile, he is smearing the President.
      I say, enough with the fundraisers, get into the battleground states and stay there. This looks like a 1 or 2 point election again, thanks to the media.
      That is all!

• 242 99ts
      October 8, 2012 at 7:26 am

Romney is “beginning anew” – flip flopping again – no-one has ANY idea what his policies would be if he were President – not even Romney

• 243 Obama Grandmama
      October 8, 2012 at 1:56 pm

Romney has now changed his position from his 47% video where he said he would kick the can down the road as there was no chance of any change in the Palestinian – Israel conflict.

77. October 8, 2012 at 6:59 am

So, the pollsters have found a way to make it look like Ribney is leasing, when he is not.
    Politico battleground poll, which is right leaning, still shows Obama with a 1 point lead.
    But, the White Men that support Robney say they really really really want to vote.
    They say AA don’t have the same enthusiasm, that they are complacent and depressed. Dame with Latinos and young voters.
    Pure garbage. They rate it on a scale 1-10, .
    Apparently, because the White Make support of Robney is out of this World, that means he is winning?
    Pure garbage! Got to hand it to the media, they are really shilling for Robney.

• 249 Linda
      October 8, 2012 at 7:27 am

Wow….are we supposed to feel sorry for her ? Her breast cancer was Ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) is the most common type of non-invasive breast cancer. Ductal means that the cancer starts inside the milk ducts, carcinoma refers to any cancer that begins in the skin or other tissues (including breast tissue) that cover or line the internal organs, and in situ means “in its original place.” DCIS is called “non-invasive” because it hasn’t spread beyond the milk duct into any normal surrounding breast tissue. DCIS isn’t life-threatening.

I don’t want to seem mean…but …I lost 7 female family members to ovarian cancer all under the age of 52. 4 sisters, my mother, my grandmother and one aunt. I had my ovaries removed when my first sister was diagnosed as recommended …my other sisters did not and now they are gone….

• 252 dudette9t9
        October 8, 2012 at 7:22 am

• 253 99ts
          October 8, 2012 at 7:28 am

He would shoot first, ask questions second – after he started WWIII. The saving grace is that not many countries would be hoodwinked again by a GOP President.

• October 8, 2012 at 7:36 am

George Bush squared. The MSM let the 04 campaign war hawks and used car salesman set the narrative.
            America has the attention spam of a Worm!

• 255 amk for obama
            October 8, 2012 at 7:45 am

If mittbot is elected (heaven forbid), the rest of the world, especially europe, show a finger to murka on anything that concerns the world affairs. The thugs have denigrated the office of the presidency so badly in the last four years that any thug that is elected in future will have to face the consequences of their treasonous actions since tje world wouldn’t give a fvck about usa anymore. The neocons wet dream of starting another ME war will remain only that. Their attempts to sabre rattle UN into approving any such war will be met unanimously by the rest of the world led by russia, china, europe and india.

PBO is the only one who can re-elevate the office of the US presidency around the world.

• 257 99ts
      October 8, 2012 at 7:33 am

I hope more people say it – I want to say this all the time – it is SO true – If President Obama had his mother’s skin color he would have won at least 45 states in 2008. (There are a couple that seem almost past redemption).

• October 8, 2012 at 7:40 am

And the new polls show that White republican Males are the most motivated out of everybody.
        Let me ask you a question, the new polls this morning say that the AA community is deflated and complacent.
        How can that be? This cannot be true? I would think this community would be just as enthused as the White Republican Males?

• October 8, 2012 at 11:09 am

Which polls show that Black folks are deflated? I’m not deflated!! I’m horrified at the prospect of having someone as coldblooded and heartless as Romneybot 2.0 anywhere close to the White House. That’s enough to make me get off my butt and vote.

I think the only group of voters who are cool with Romney are White males. I can’t see any other group longing for a Romney/Ryan Presidency.

• 260 Mae who love our CIC
      October 8, 2012 at 9:11 am

THIS IS TRUE. WILLARD APPEARS TO STILL BE IN GAME BECAUSE HE IS WHITE. LET HIM HAVE BEEN ANY OTHER RACE THAN WHITE. WE WOULD NOT BE HAVING A CONVERSATION ABOUT HIM.

SOME OF THE POLLSTERS ARE TRYING TO CREATE A NARRATIVE THAT THE RACE IS TIGHTENING. THEY ARE TRYING TO LULL THE AMERICAN PEOPLE IN TRYING TO STEAL THE RACE BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY.

78. October 8, 2012 at 7:20 pm

I really wish I could get to at least one of these events. President Obama is in Florida a lot too, but my health is too bad to fight the crowds, map out the restrooms, and hope the pain does not get too bad. I am one of the 47% Governor Romney threw under the bus. I do not feel anyone owes me anything, nor do I feel like I am a victim. I lost my health serving this nation, in the US Army, and have been getting sicker, and sicker over the past 27 years. I am not sitting on piles of money, do not get all this help the Republicans say is out there, nor do I blame anyone for my plight. I am very grateful for the help I do get. Had it not been for my Veterans health benefits, I would be dead due to the pre-existing clauses insurance companies put into policies. The Affordable Care Act, “Obama Care” will save lives. It has already helped me with my medicare out of pocket costs. I would never have been able to afford the extra $400.00 I would have been charged for Vancomycin had it not been for the extra help the poor now get. I had no time to get the medication at the Veterans Pharmacy because I was discharged from a private hospital on a Saturday, the nearest VA is 120 miles round trip, and I were too sick to travel.

I am sorry this is so long, but the facts of how “Obama Care” is already helping people, people on Medicare nonetheless, needs to be told, and told again. This claim of the Republicans that President Obama raided Medicare to pay for The Affordable Care Act, needs to be shown for what it is. The only loser on this Medicare money thing are the insurance companies who only care about profits, and could care less about those who are truly sick, and in need of healthcare. My sister died from lack of insurance. Many others have too. “Obama Care” needs to stay the law of the land. The Republicans have NO answers. They are obstructionists, and need to be called out for obstructing the peoples’ business in order to win an election.

mark – armyveteran