Oct

14 Million Thanks

Okay, some time in the next 24 hours – quite possibly when I’m asleep (and if anyone mentions again that I also slept through the death of bin Laden I’ll email you Newt in his mankini) – we’re gonna get to the 14 million hits mark. Unless the internet breaks down and never, ever comes back. :cry:

Again, like on all these happy days, I’m going to spare you any mushiness, except to say: thank you so much for coming here, for everything you bring to the place – not least all the brilliant information – for all your kindness, and for your undying support of President Obama and your efforts to re-elect him and VP Biden.

Absolutely no worries if you don’t, but if you have $14 dollars to spare, to mark this, um, historic landmark …… subtle hint:

TOD fundraisers:

a4alice * Alycee * BWD * CollegeKay * Cookemom * DonnaDem4Obama

Hgerhard * HZ * Judith Fardig * Mae Who Love Our CIC

Marlz * Meta * Pamela *prettyfoot58 * proudmemberofglobalzero * Rita * Theo67 * The Obama Diary

Thanks everyone – you’re spectacularly lovely ;-)

249 Responses to “14 Million Thanks”

1. October 15, 2012 at 10:19 pm

You built it and they came, Chips!

2. 8 vitaminlover
    October 15, 2012 at 10:19 pm

Congrats!!!!

3. 9 jackiegrumbacher
    October 15, 2012 at 10:20 pm

Great news, Chips. This site is so clearly a labor of love for you and everyone who comes here knows that.

4. 11 No Child Left Behind
    October 15, 2012 at 10:21 pm

Am I first?

Wow! Good evening, everyone.

5. October 15, 2012 at 10:21 pm

Congratulations, Chips. You have created a superb community and a force for the re-election of President Obama!!!

#FORWARD

6. October 15, 2012 at 10:22 pm

Congratulations CHIPS and THANK YOU for this oasis.

7. 15 vitaminlover
    October 15, 2012 at 10:22 pm

This is the BEST blog!

October 15, 2012 at 10:23 pm

Congratulations Chips! 14 million strong. As maryl1 said, you built this :)

9. 18 Roberta in MN
    October 15, 2012 at 10:23 pm

Congrats Chips and Maryl1 on 1st. I can do something for you cips on Wednesday when I get my monthly stipened. :) Thank YOU Thank YOU for this site. Sanity prevails.

October 15, 2012 at 10:25 pm

Sleep through your crowning moments. Yeah, what else is new ?

Advanced Congrats Chips and TOD’ers (in case vc breaks the innernetz).

11. 36 yardarm756
    October 15, 2012 at 10:27 pm

Admiral Chips you are on it tonight. :-D

12. 37 forus50
    October 15, 2012 at 10:28 pm

Wow, that’s incredibly amazing – I haven’t paid any attention to this stat but now I see it’s HUGE!!!! So you expect 9,000 by tomorrow night – that’s just incredible but so well earned! Great blog Chipsticks – YOU BUILT THIS!! :)

13. 38 Smoothscotch
    October 15, 2012 at 10:29 pm

Hip! HIP! Hoooorrrrrraaaaahhhh! for she’s a jolly good feeeemmmmaaaalllleeee, that nobody can deny.

Congratulations Chios and well deserved.

woot, top 12.

How is everyone this evening?

14. 40 ctgirl7
    October 15, 2012 at 10:29 pm

Going strong! Thanks for all you do, Chips!

15. October 15, 2012 at 10:33 pm

Pitiful and despicable … yep, must be about #LyinRyan ….

16. 45 Bill R.
    October 15, 2012 at 10:36 pm

• 46 Bill R.
      October 15, 2012 at 10:39 pm

Jon Ralson is the political wizard of Nevada. He predicted with certainty the Harry Reid victory when Nate Silver and all the ignorant pundits were saying otherwise. LEAN OBAMA is in bold letters. The Obama ground game in NV is superb.

October 15, 2012 at 10:37 pm

October 15, 2012 at 10:37 pm

19. 51 prettyfoot58
    October 15, 2012 at 10:37 pm

Congratsssssssssssssssssss…….

20. October 15, 2012 at 10:39 pm

You’re a true hero, Chip. I hope you know that. Love you.

21. 55 dudette9t9
    October 15, 2012 at 10:47 pm

22. October 15, 2012 at 10:49 pm

October 15, 2012 at 10:52 pm

October 15, 2012 at 10:52 pm

25. 74 japa21
    October 15, 2012 at 10:54 pm

Chips, I just want to say something special. When BWD shut down TOAITR for a lengthy hiatus, I was really somewhat despairing. I do read a lot of sites, but I wanted that special site that would serve as a gateway to a broad selection of sources. TOD was on her blog roll so I gave this place a try.

And this has been a special place for me, and I am certain, so many others. I know there have been times when you were probably ready to hang it up when you got a lot of abuse from trollers and emails from just plain a$$holes. I thank you for your perseverance. I know I could not have been as persistant at it as you are.

I think most of us, at one time or another, have gotten into disagreements with each other and I know that I have, a couple times, taken brief hiatuses (or is that hiati). But, even when I have tended to be upset at something someone said here (or more than one sometimes) I came back because there is no other place like this anywhere in the blogosphere.

You preside over us with a grace that is unique to you (except when certain football items present themselves)and whenever I find myself ready to drop out, you serve as a beacon.

You have been willing to print a couple of my meanderings, and within the next week you will get another. You have been open to us and tolerant of us and demanding of us as well.

My only question is why it took so long to hit 14 million. This is truly a remarkable little corner of the aether you have constructed here and you are its heart and soul.

And for you being you, you have my undying gratitude and appreciation.

• 75 Pamela
      October 15, 2012 at 11:02 pm

Oh! {{{{{japa21}}}}} how lovely a worker of words you are, you are, you are! :)

• 76 daisydem
      October 15, 2012 at 11:03 pm

Beautifully said japa.

• 77 theo67
      October 15, 2012 at 11:15 pm

Wonderful – you expressed many of our sentiments beautifully!

Chipsticks – thank you for this site. I really hope you get to meet President Obama before this is over. You’ve saved the sanity of a lot of us.

• October 15, 2012 at 11:21 pm

What Japa said. I triple heart Chips. Where would we be without TOD? I can’t even begin to think about it. You are a rock and the crap you put up with to protect us is astonishing. Goddess, thy name is Chipsticks.

• October 15, 2012 at 11:25 pm

Japa, I really don’t know where to start thanking you for that, at the risk of embarrassing you enormously, you’re one of the people who makes this place a pure pleasure to run. So, thank YOU.

And it is an absolute pleasure, every single day, I genuinely feel lucky to be able to share the company of the people here – they make me laugh every day, and there’s nothing I love more than that, and they bring so much great information/links/news, putting posts together is just so easy.

The abuse, honestly, has been very easy to swat away, I stupidly let one hater get to me recently, but I just pity him now – I’m not, I’ve been told, the first female blogger he’s targeted, so I’ll leave the creature to sort out his issues while we focus our energy on getting President Obama re-elected.

Thank you again Japa, that was just the loveliest comment, I appreciated it hugely. And you know I’m thrilled to post anything you ever write, there’s magic in them there fingers!

• 81 yardarm756
      October 15, 2012 at 11:43 pm

X2 japa21.

• October 16, 2012 at 12:13 am

What Japan saiZd. THANK YOU SO MUCH. I have been using the info here to calm down my dem. friends who are worried and they have been reassured, so thanks for creating this special space.

October 16, 2012 at 3:08 am

Thank you, japa….so many of us would agree with all you’ve said here.Amazing home we have here…I don’t know what I would do without this place. It has become such a part of me to be able to be here and participate and be part of this family that Chips has created for all of us.
      Love you, Chips. {{{{{{{{{{{{{14 million pair of arms wrapping around you}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

26. 84 dudette9t9
    October 15, 2012 at 10:58 pm

{{{{{{{{CHIPS — GREAT BIG GIANT BEAR HUG}}}}}}}

Congratulations on achieving another outstanding milestone!

27. October 15, 2012 at 11:01 pm

gave you 15 bucks! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! Lets GO and Re-Elect PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA!! :D

• 86 HZ
      October 16, 2012 at 12:02 am

Good Evening our beautiful Chips and TOD Family.

I just want to express my deep, deep, deep gratitude to Chips for this wonderful haven.

I just want to give Chips a loving ((((((((Hug)))))))) for keeping all of us together as a “well of beautiful running sweet water ” to drink daily and lift up our spirits to carry us on this journey to support in a loving and brilliant manner, our wonderful president.

I just want to say to each one of my TOD family members,”Thank you for all that you have given me through your patience, your educating me as to how to extend my learning outside of certain boxes during this journey.”

I want to thank Chips for encouraging me, caring about me as I carry my load of physical pain each and every day. I love you so much for that, my TOD family. You hold me up in ways you will never realize.

I want to thank Chips for making this such a beautiful place so we all can come to and share so much information that has helped us to be factual carriers of the message of POB.

I want to thank Chips for making this a home for our TOD family to laugh, cry, heal a wound, cheer for president, and calmly keep us fair and respectful to each other.

I want to thank Chips and my TOD family for making me smile and break out into a healthy laugh when my body is tired and wore from making the calls, listening to the comments that are good and less than good, but I still listened and still made the calls because of this beautiful place and POB.

I want to thank Chips and my TOD family for keeping me sane while living in such a red city and still be able to show off my total hues for all of the sweet spirits in this wonderful country.

I want to thank each one here who accept those of us who have lived some many of our years before many of you, yet you all give us hope, gracious love, and much grace to move on with you as you make history.

I want to thank Chips and my TOD family for having the courage, the hope, the courage and gentle spirits to place your deeds on the line for others who are not able to walk through this journey for POB, but our walking it will give them hope.

I want to say,”For your sweet spirit, Chips, we give thanks for you.” Your work here feeds us daily with a beautiful portion that is so satisfying.

May we continue to reach out to each other and in doing so, make this a victory on Nov. 6,2012, one that will make life a joy and a “well of inspirational bookends” that we all can place at the front of this journey with President Obama and certainly in 2017, place the other glorious bookends.

Let us all continue to write these stories of hope in our spirits

, calls in the nation,
      boots on the ground, hands on the keys, tweets in the air, change on the FR boards, and grace
      the shelves of POB’s library with memories that will touch hearts for generations to come.

*** FORWARDD with our beautiful and hardworking Chips and our brilliant POTUS.***HZ

• 87 Betsy
        October 16, 2012 at 12:17 am

hZ, you are so awesome and I love reading your posts.

• 88 HZ
          October 16, 2012 at 12:55 am

Thank you, my love. Betsy, I hope the school year is going great for you. Take care and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. ((((( Keeping sharing your knowledge with the young ones.))))))HZ

• 89 Betsy
            October 16, 2012 at 1:27 am

Working on it HZ. I aim to teach them there are two sides to every story, and that they need to get more information to develop critical thinking skills to discern which side is the truth. They were totally bamboozled by Romney in the first debate :(

• 90 dudette9t9
        October 16, 2012 at 2:10 am

{{{HZ}}} I love you sooooo much! Thank you for putting my feelings into words. You always just know… Bless you!

October 16, 2012 at 3:12 am

There is a special love for you here, HZ:) Thank you…for just being the lovely soul that you are. 14 million hugs to you, too:)

28. 92 Mae who love our CIC
    October 15, 2012 at 11:05 pm

14,000,000! It is almost mind boggling whenever it happens. Congratulations! Way to go! Woot woot!

29. October 15, 2012 at 11:07 pm

Time to prepare some dinner … bbl … Congrats again, Chips!!!

#FORWARD

October 15, 2012 at 11:09 pm

Watched replay of Ed Schultz, until he said, “President Obama needs to … ”

Click.

• 106 theo67
      October 15, 2012 at 11:17 pm

Well done. He has atone for a ton of discretion.

• October 15, 2012 at 11:32 pm

You can tell the are ordered to do that. I would bet that Hillary going on Natuonsl tv and saying it was her fault is a plan.
      The president will take full respinsiblity, again, at the debate.
      Candy Crowley thinks she has him, she can’t resist the snarky question!
      The President will look presidential, and then he will assure the American people they will be brought to justice.

• 108 COS
      October 15, 2012 at 11:40 pm

When he first came on Jacqueline, I saw that they would be discussing the debate and I deleted his show. I had to cut My favorite Bashir a loose also. I am up to my neck with “he need to”. :)

• October 15, 2012 at 11:50 pm

Hallelejah! Ed gets on my nerves (regularly) with his “what PBO should do! I have turned him off “often”! I find him racist and arrogant in a way that perhaps he does not understand.

October 15, 2012 at 11:54 pm

In recent weeks, Ed seemed more supportive of PBO’s re-election, and I was really enjoying that. But he can’t keep himself from sliding back and forth (ala Chris Spitter Matthews) in his support. What SLAYS me is that President Obama is the leader of the free world, and these pundits have part-time day or night jobs, responsible for nothing, and they THINK they are qualified to counsel the President.

• 112 HZ
          October 16, 2012 at 12:21 am

Jacquelineoboomer, so beautifully stated. HZ

• 114 theo67
          October 16, 2012 at 12:25 am

Too right, JoB – I had fallen back into watching Ed because he seemed to have found his sanity. After last week, I’m done. There’s too much work to do, to allow anyone to distract us from what’s important. They work a few hours a day, and want to compare their opinions with President Obama’s facts and capabilities. It’s beyond insulting. This isn’t entertainment – it’s real life. With real people being affected.

October 16, 2012 at 12:43 am

Well said, theo67. Up is down and down is up, eh? So glad we can hang together until election night, when – God willing and if the creeks don’t rise – we will see President Obama re-elected! Not to mention that cute Joey Biden!

• 117 Puddin'
      October 16, 2012 at 2:55 am

jacquelineoboomer, that’s when I…”Click” These people need to “STOP IT” (in the tone of Miss Ann Romney).

31. 119 Kreen
    October 15, 2012 at 11:12 pm

Woooohooooo! Congrats Chips and thank you soooo very much. My trips to TOD are always highlights of my day. Thank you!

32. 120 carolyn
    October 15, 2012 at 11:17 pm

I love this place! First thing in the morning, last thing before bed. I would be lost without it, and recommend it to others. I old the access to nationwide news and the conversation. Should be I love the access….still getting used to my tablet..

• 121 Obama Grandmama
      October 16, 2012 at 12:40 am

Like you I come here first thing in the morning but that stretches into early afternoon. I sometimes come back in the late evening like tonight as I had visited my Mom this evening and was saddened to find out her cancer has spread to her bones. Reading your blog posts help get me out of a really depressed mood this evening. Thanks all and Chips for the place to come to and let me feel I am among like minds.

33. October 15, 2012 at 11:19 pm

Congratulations!! And THANK YOU for doing this every single day…..you make my day every day! And I’m so glad to know that millions of other people see all of the positivity and truth you put here as well. It’s a movement for change. Yes we can!!

34. 124 LDS
    October 15, 2012 at 11:19 pm

Chips, thank you for everything.

This is truly a wonderful place to be and I am so grateful that YOU! Yes, YOU started it all.
    These days leading up to 2012 election will be days most of us here will never live to experience again. I am so grateful to be alive and know that together we were brought to this place with one man’s vision of hope, change and moving forward so that our voices collectively will be heard. After all these years what we have all been through, we are still STANDING. So many people gave their lives for us…..we dare not give it all up now. We are too close to victory! I am so proud of everyone here who contributes even if you lurk…your lurking helped to reach the 14,000,000 hits. Thanks, again Chips. You are loved. We are ONE!

35. October 15, 2012 at 11:22 pm

Chips, even though you have a sad predilection for footballers with ferrets on their heads, I honestly think I would’ve gone spare if I hadn’t found this place. This is from an atheist: bless you.

36. 127 ranman11
    October 15, 2012 at 11:22 pm

Congrats Chip on approaching 14,000,000. Thanks for all your hard work and perseverance. You deserve on the acknowledgement and homage that comes your way. (y) ({}) :)

37. October 15, 2012 at 11:23 pm

Listen- on that show Revolution was an awesome scene, that may get us some votes.
    in the future World, their is no power, and 2 different factions fighting for control, the powerful militia and the Rebel Americans(good Guys).
    One Rebel Lady went up 2 a supposed Rebel and used code that they obviously use to authenticate who they are, a password.
    She said, I am looking for a biography of Joe Biden.
    He could not believe it, and asked for proof, She showed him a tattoo of an American flag on the back of her shoulder.
    Then, she asked for proof, he opened a drier, and Showed her a real US American flag.
    # 1 watched show in America, just saw the password for Americans as Joe Biden, fighting the evil militia.
    Cool!

38. 134 Vicky
    October 15, 2012 at 11:26 pm

Congratulations, Chips. And many, many thanks.

39. October 15, 2012 at 11:30 pm

40. October 15, 2012 at 11:36 pm

Ginormous thanks to everyone for the kindest of words, but you know what I always say: if, eh, ‘you people’ didn’t keep me company every day, I’d be a lonely auld soul talking to myself (shut up amk). Love ya all.

41. October 15, 2012 at 11:37 pm

Thanks for all you do Chips. You make my day even when I am not able to cmment. Congratulations!

42. October 15, 2012 at 11:43 pm

That’s good! That’s very good.
    Now, why didn’t I think of that?

October 15, 2012 at 11:44 pm

Men and women of TOD, please R/T this:

October 15, 2012 at 11:47 pm

45. 166 LunarSea
    October 15, 2012 at 11:48 pm

Heading to bed but have to take the time to acknowledge such a great milestone. One day ChipsChica you can write a book about these past few years with all the great info, links, videos and commentary found within this dairy. Altho I suspect you will need a trilogy to get it all in.

Hats off to you and this wonderful corner of the web.

{{{{{ChipsChica}}}}} {{{{{and to all TOD contributers}}}}}

What a journey! Or as the late great Garcia would say ‘What a long, strange trip it’s been’

I wouldn’t have missed it for all the tea in China and I mean that. Really!

46. 169 Tally
    October 16, 2012 at 12:07 am

So I tweeted this earlier, and some people had questons:

“Mitt” isn’t Romney’s real name. It’s Willard.

Once upon a time in 1971, a horror film was released called, Williard. It starred Bruce Davison and a bazillion rats.

In 1972, they released a sequel called Ben (who was one of Willard’s rats from the first film.)

Michael Jackson sung the theme song for Ben, which was not only a huge hit, it was nominated for an Oscar for best song.

Ben (son of Willard) Romney was born in 1978, after the two films, and huge hit song.

Willard was remade in 2003 with übercreepy Crispin Glover:

• 170 theo67
      October 16, 2012 at 12:20 am

Someone called into Stephanie Miller this morning with this story,and I had no idea what it was about. Thanks for clearing up that mystery. Kind of freaky…

October 16, 2012 at 12:46 am

Tally – Not that it matters because he’ll be off the national stage soon, but I believe Willard’s actual middle name is Mitt … saw it on his (insert gag roll) tax return.

• 172 Obama Grandmama
      October 16, 2012 at 12:46 am

Thanks for explainin’.

• October 16, 2012 at 1:30 am

My dad’s Air Force protege, George Wilson, starred in “Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.”

If we’re talking cheesy films and all… =)

• 174 dudette9t9
      October 16, 2012 at 2:20 am

Having been around during that timeframe, I thought it was an odd coincidence a guy named Willard would name his child Ben and NOT know about those movies. That man is a sociopath and his wife is a weird one too.

• 175 Tally
        October 16, 2012 at 2:36 am

Of COURSE they knew. Mega hit by MJ + at least one person in their vast Mormon family would have said SOMETHING.

47. 176 Ceb
    October 16, 2012 at 12:12 am

Congratulations on reaching another milestone, Chips.

As ever, thank you for this wonderful place that has attracted such smart, fierce, supportive, and funny people of which you are number 1.

I am here everyday even though I seldom comment.

48. 177 Dakota
    October 16, 2012 at 12:18 am

Great big Congrats to you Chips on your milestone. And thank you for making this a place of sanity for so many people.

49. October 16, 2012 at 12:25 am

Ok, I’m bushed. See y’all on the flip side.

50. 180 Obama Grandmama
    October 16, 2012 at 12:26 am

Thank you, Chips, for giving us a place to come to.

October 16, 2012 at 1:35 am

52. October 16, 2012 at 1:37 am

October 16, 2012 at 1:37 am

54. October 16, 2012 at 1:38 am

55. October 16, 2012 at 2:04 am

October 16, 2012 at 2:06 am

• 187 dudette9t9
      October 16, 2012 at 2:23 am

That’s it! We are GONNA win this damned election. The question that remains is by how much and will we sweep in a Dem Congress to work with him? This will be fun to watch.

October 16, 2012 at 2:06 am

58. October 16, 2012 at 2:08 am

59. October 16, 2012 at 2:15 am

60. October 16, 2012 at 2:23 am

61. 192 dudette9t9
    October 16, 2012 at 2:25 am

62. October 16, 2012 at 2:25 am

63. 195 dudette9t9
    October 16, 2012 at 2:29 am

Only song about “14″ I could find! It’s Sesame Street though. Does that make it less lame? :-)

64. 197 dudette9t9
    October 16, 2012 at 2:37 am

65. 201 taiping1
    October 16, 2012 at 3:18 am

Thanks Chips for all you do, blog mistress strake inside, fierce warrior for President Obama, creator if TOD community, a spirited community of loving souls from the far-flung corners of the earh, all committed to supporting his extraordinary First and Second Family. Out of many we are one. Fired up, ready to go. Three weeks!

October 16, 2012 at 3:55 am

• 203 Melissa
      October 16, 2012 at 6:01 am

They are really sickening. Seriously, who does that??? You really think you can swoop in, pretend to wash a CLEAN pot and the people who volunteer there ( or work there for pittance most likely) from the goodness of their hearts, every day or even a few days , won’t feel offended?? Disgusting. But it’s the Romney/Ryan campaign, their craven opportunism is always on display. I’m madder at the media who doesnt call them on their Bullcrap.

67. October 16, 2012 at 4:44 am

68. October 16, 2012 at 4:53 am

69. 207 rosesforObama
    October 16, 2012 at 5:41 am

For You Chipsticks the most beautiful bouquet of roses – from deep down in my heart thank You for all You have done helping making the world a much better place to live, i.e. You are inspiring so many with cool facts, great diskussions, humoristic attitude et cetera, et cetera to make the, from point my of view, the right and only choice, – reelecting President Obama.

70. October 16, 2012 at 5:41 am

Halperin is all over the tv this morning with voter suppression tactical mind games.
    Has that pretty little electoral map that gives All the southern states to Ribney and also Ohio, and says now all Robney needs is 1 more state, and his sources say democrats are worried.
    This is the biggest bunch if desperation I have ever heard.
    They are trying to get us to not vote early, it’s all mind game…

October 16, 2012 at 7:01 am

October 16, 2012 at 7:13 am

October 16, 2012 at 7:17 am

October 16, 2012 at 7:28 am
  75. 213 joyce
    October 16, 2012 at 7:44 am

GM family. Could someone please explain to me how Mittens has pulled even or ahead of Pres Obama with the women voters, so say the front page of USA Today. I didn’t read the article, couldn’t take the lies. Someone talk me down

• October 16, 2012 at 9:46 am

USA Today, owned by Gannet. The same RW company that owns both the Newspapers in Detroit, and is trying their damnest to push our nore progressive newspaper to the right. For all it’s worth, Obama is still leads Mitt in his homeststate with women voters. I call BS on USA Today.

• 215 mophene
      October 16, 2012 at 10:01 am

USA Today is owned by Gannet, The same rightwing rag that owns both our newspapers in Detroit. They trying their damnest to push our more progessive newspaper to the right as well. My sister to used to work for them, and she told me they have an agenda and boy was she right. Pretty soon we will have two newspapers speaking with one RW voice. Obama is still leading Mittens in his homestate with women, and GM is still hiring. Four years ago at this time, I was freaking out about all the doom and gloom stories from the media about the Bradley effect. They (media) are not going to get to me this time.

76. 217 kathryn kivett
    October 16, 2012 at 7:47 am

Am I worried….you damn right….am I worried particularly about tonight, No…PBO will do just fine….am I worried about the tone the media is pushing…YES….Do I think PBO will ultimately win?…..YES but with uneasy feelings………OK, get mad all you want to but this Sensata thing. as awful as it is, is not going to take off in time help PBO in election…..what I think should really be the focus of tweeting, discussions, and everything else is what the “public” cares the most about….JOBS, women’s issues, Social Security, Medicare, Medicaide, children’ education, and taxes…..Forget foreign policy, forget anything that is not going to impact the run of the mill voter…..I agree with Chuck Todd(GULP) suburban women are the key to win…..Focus on them……Sensata is important but at this late date…..Jobs, foreclosurers, food costs, gasoline costs, deductions on taxes EVERY DAY issues that directly touch ALL middle class women……….I mean, pushing that Mitt Romney DISSED the View and Nickeleodon Kids Vote should OUTRAGE every woman…….WOMEN AND KIDS….is that being discussed in depth?….NOPE….not really by any of us and that is what worries me…

• October 16, 2012 at 8:01 am

The. Republicans are all over the place this morning, so they are getting their talking points out, with zero pushback.
      Frustrating! Where’s the Democratic pushback?
      They are really trying to seiftnoat the President, and the media is all republican talking points.
      That’s why I volunteer everyday, they don’t want us early voting, they want us to be distressed, it’s obvious.

• October 16, 2012 at 8:06 am

All 3 cable networks have only republicans on this morning!
        That’s your answer, it’s coordinated swiftboating.

• October 16, 2012 at 8:11 am

Forget MSNBsinC it has all republicans like Hannity has, but Peter King is on CNN saying that al Qaeda is stronger now than it ever was and be afraid, be very afraid.

• 221 dotster3
          October 16, 2012 at 8:23 am

Gibbs was great on MJ, and so was Jennifer Granholm on Today. Michelle Obama interview coming up on Today, at least in the Midwest.

• 222 amk for obama
            October 16, 2012 at 8:28 am

Thank you dotster. Can we post here what our side is doing than freaking out what the other side and their msm shills are saying? I don’t see any purpose at all at this point by repeating what they are saying instead of reinforcing what we are doing.

• October 16, 2012 at 8:35 am

I talk to voters everyday in Florida and the questions they ask ate from what thru heard on tv.
              Fact!
              Like it or not, people are tuning in and hearing crap!

• 224 amk for obama
                October 16, 2012 at 8:38 am

Then let us push back against the media instead of just wringing our hands about it.

Many people visit this blog looking for our pushback talking points. Instead what they see is msm crap being repeated and reinforced thereby turning them off.

• October 16, 2012 at 8:37 am

Tomorrow morning following the debate, VP Biden is going to be on THREE different networks. He’s going to reinforce whatever message PBO put out tonight.

77. 226 dudette9t9
    October 16, 2012 at 8:04 am

78. 227 dudette9t9
    October 16, 2012 at 8:10 am

October 16, 2012 at 8:25 am

Mr. Romney’s plan is not likely to be enacted in anywhere near the form he has proposed, if only because Congress is far more polarized today than it was in 1986, and the major political parties are much farther apart on the goals of tax reform. Consequently, there is little reason to think we will see tax reform any time soon, and even if Mr. Romney’s plan is enacted as proposed the growth effect will be small to nonexistent.

the question voters should ask themselves as they watch the debate tonight: if Mitt Romney’s economic plan is so great, why doesn’t he want anyone to know the details about it?

80. 229 dotster3
    October 16, 2012 at 8:29 am

Very surprised that Paul Ryan’s fake photo-op at the soup kitchen made the Today Show. That would usually be the kind of thing they would ignore. Of course, Lauer and Steve Schmidt laughed about it, a Big Joke, this Big Pretender guy who has grossly inflated everything about his life and resume’.

81. 230 dudette9t9
    October 16, 2012 at 8:31 am

October 16, 2012 at 8:31 am

What do you all make of this???

Eurerka !!! I’ve Hit The Sensata Motherlode !!! – Lots Of Links, And Check Out The First Comment…

I found at the very first link I checked:

Donna Conroy • a month ago −

What you should know is that Senstata is likely breaking visa laws in order to have current US workers train their foreign citizen replacements. The US government would likely not have issued H1-b, L-1 or H2-b visas to Senstata. So either Senstata is misusing business/tourist visas, a possible criminal violation or misusing the H-3 training visa.

In order for Senstata to receive H-3 training visas for their foreign employees, Senstata must demonstrate that the “trainee will not be placed
    in a position in the normal operation of the business in which citizens
    and resident workers are regularly employed”

A fancy-pants lawyer should take a look at the visas Senstata has filed and go after them. Outsourcing, as it is now practiced, requires companies to either “game the system” or out-and-out violate visa law. Clearly, Senstata cannot outsource these jobs unless they have qualified workers in China. Sending their foreign workers to be trained is an admission that without transferring US worker knowledge, the jobs would stay here.

Donna Conroy, Director
    brightfuturejobs.com

From this Link: http://www.ourfuture.org/blog-entry/2012093714/you-should-know-about-sensata-its-what-election-about

The Motherlode (Links at bottom): http://www.ourfuture.org/blog-entry/2012104215/here-what-happening-sensata

83. October 16, 2012 at 8:31 am

Quinnipiac Ny times swing state poll-

COLORADO: Romney 48 – Obama 47, compared to Obama 48 – Romney 47 Sept. 19
    VIRGINIA: Obama 51 – Romney 46, compared to Obama 50 – Romney 46
    WISCONSIN: Obama 50 – Romney 47, compared to Obama 51 – Romney 45

84. 238 kathryn kivett
    October 16, 2012 at 8:33 am

you tube ad by Bill Clinton posted by John Heileimann…don’t know how to get it here but EXCELLENT….should be playing on ALL battle ground tv’s…maybe it is but if not DO IT….I had not seen it before

85. 240 dotster3
    October 16, 2012 at 8:40 am

Very appealing First Lady on Today, well-spoken, keeping it real.

86. 241 dudette9t9
    October 16, 2012 at 8:43 am

87. October 16, 2012 at 9:10 am

And about the lurkers AMK just mentioned that come here everyday, please dont come here right after the debate and concern troll like last time!
    We are all in this together, throughout thick and thin.
    That is all!

88. October 16, 2012 at 9:27 am

Chips,

14 million!!

WOW!!!

Congratulations!!

89. 247 WilTal
    October 16, 2012 at 9:53 am

Chips, I am a daily lurker. Congrats on this milestone (14M)! You should be very proud of what you have created with this blog. Here is where love flows daily and all things are positive about our President. I have posted this before and will say again, your blog is my heaven on earth. I’ll reverse what our President has said “out of many, we are one.” I’ll say out of one, you have created many. You have a wonderful family of dedicated TODers, who provide so much knowledge, keep us informed, and encourage us to always have PBO’s back. Thanks to you and your family of regulars for all that you do…it’s greatly appreciated!

90. October 16, 2012 at 11:31 am

Hi Ms. Chips *waves*

Normally lurking and I thought I sent you a congrats post this morning but I don’t see it? LOL, Anywho, Congrats on 14 Million!!! How awesome is that!! Thank you for creating such a fabulous blogs for info, photos, and video. I appreciate you so much! Please keep up the good work!

RSS OFA