Oct

Rise and Shine

‘POTUS: Accept no substitutes’ (Tumblr)

Today:

11:25: The President departs Joint Base Andrews

1:40: Arrives Boca Raton, Florida

9:0: The Debate

Tuesday: The President will travel to Delray, Florida and Dayton, Ohio for campaign events. He will return to Washington, DC in the evening.

Wednesday: He will travel to  Iowa, Denver and Las Vegas for campaign events. He will also tape an appearance on Jay Leno’s Tonight Show.

Thursday: Campaign events in Tampa, Fla., and Richmond, Va. The President will then travel to Chicago to cast his vote under Illinois early voting rules before finishing with a grassroots event in Cleveland.

USA Today: President Obama plans to visit seven states in the three days after Monday night’s foreign policy debate with Republican challenger Mitt Romney in Boca Raton, Fla.

The morning after the debate, Obama will hold a rally in nearby Delray Beach, Fla., before flying on to an appearance in Dayton, Ohio….

On Wednesday and Thursday, he will make a blitz of six battleground states: Davenport, Iowa; Denver, Colo.; Las Vegas; Tampa; Richmond; Va.; then back to Ohio for an event in Cleveland.

Obama will make a sentimental stop Thursday in his hometown of Chicago, where he will cast an early vote for himself.

The president will be accompanied on his trip by NBC News anchor Brian Williams and a camera crew who will put together reports “taking viewers behind the scenes with rare, exclusive access and multiple interviews with the president.”

More here

Gotta Vote

OFA

Today:

11:30: VP Biden delivers remarks at the J. Babe Stearn Community Center in Canton, Ohio

3:15: VP Biden speaks at Lorain High School in Canton, Ohio

Examiner: As President Barack Obama prepares for his third and final presidential debate First Lady Michelle Obama will be rallying supporters at Broward College in Davie. The First Lady will speak to grassroots supporters Monday afternoon in the George Mayer Gymnasium on Broward College’s Central Campus in Davie. It is tentatively scheduled for 3 p.m. (local time)

The New Yorker: … The choice is clear. The Romney-Ryan ticket represents a constricted and backward-looking vision of America: the privatization of the public good. In contrast, the sort of public investment championed by Obama — and exemplified by both the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act and the Affordable Care Act — takes to heart the old civil-rights motto “Lifting as we climb.” That effort cannot, by itself, reverse the rise of inequality that has been under way for at least three decades. But we’ve already seen the future that Romney represents, and it doesn’t work.

The reelection of Barack Obama is a matter of great urgency. Not only are we in broad agreement with his policy directions; we also see in him what is absent in Mitt Romney — a first-rate political temperament and a deep sense of fairness and integrity. A two-term Obama Administration will leave an enduringly positive imprint on political life. It will bolster the ideal of good governance and a social vision that tempers individualism with a concern for community. Every Presidential election involves a contest over the idea of America. Obama’s America—one that progresses, however falteringly, toward social justice, tolerance, and equality—represents the future that this country deserves.

Read the full endorsement here

President Obama goes comedy-book shopping:

Cagle

Paul Krugman: The U.S. economy finally seems to be recovering in earnest, with housing on the rebound and job creation outpacing growth in the working-age population. But the news is good, not great – it will still take years to restore full employment – and it has been a very long time coming. Why has the slump been so protracted?

The answer – backed by overwhelming evidence – is that this is what normally happens after a severe financial crisis. But Mitt Romney’s economic team rejects that evidence. And this denialism bodes ill for policy if Mr. Romney wins next month.

…. Obviously, Republicans like claiming that it’s all Mr. Obama’s fault, and that electing Mr. Romney would magically make everything better. But nobody should believe them.

…. the Romney team is willfully, nakedly, distorting the record …. once politicians start refusing to acknowledge inconvenient facts, where does it stop? Why, the next thing you know Republicans will start rejecting the overwhelming evidence for man-made climate change. Oh, wait.

Full article here

Thank you Desertflower!

Morning everyone ;-)

228 Responses to “Rise and Shine”

October 22, 2012 at 9:19 am

Let’s do this thing!

2. October 22, 2012 at 9:19 am

Morning all…another great day today… woot woot :)

• October 22, 2012 at 9:26 am

Morning Everyone. Chips, love your “New Rules”. It’s a relief to know I can read a thread full of win instead of feeling sucker punched.
      Anyway, I love it that more states are beginning early voting as our GOTV efforts intensify. I’m doing my part in keeping FL. in the PBO column. FORWARD…with gusto.

3. October 22, 2012 at 9:21 am

Good Morning TOD. Another day closer to PBO’s reelection.

Fired Up….Ready to go.

October 22, 2012 at 9:22 am

I see you share my worped sense of humor, Chips:)

• 20 jackiegrumbacher
      October 22, 2012 at 9:28 am

Df, there’s a lot of confusing information that has to be countered phone call by phone call and door to door. Make sure your county election office has informed all voting officials of the change in rules and then work like hell to get people to the polls.

5. 21 jackiegrumbacher
    October 22, 2012 at 9:27 am

GM everyone. In my corner of the world, we’re geared up and ready for battle in the long days ahead. The next two weekends will see many putting in long, grueling hours on the streets, on phones, compiling data and managing staging areas. Fight like we’re storming the beaches of Normandy and never, give up. But please everyone, do everything you can to keep healthy. Try carrying healthy snacks like fruit or cut up vegetables. Drink plenty of water. If you’re not used to spicy foods like pizza or sugary stuff like doughnuts, stay away from them. Keep little cheese wedges or power bars with you so you can store up some protein. If you can’t walk another step, find a place to sit down catch your breath. We have to be like long distance runners, not sprinters, to reach the finish line. And that means keeping your mind focused and your energy high. Good luck.

October 22, 2012 at 9:31 am

Good advice, jackie….you are amazing!

• October 22, 2012 at 9:37 am

Very good, sensible tips for anyone, young and old alike. And don’t forget to take pride in our collective achievements. We’ve been working hard for a year and every day counts right up until Election Day. Thank you, Jackie.

• 24 a4alice
      October 22, 2012 at 9:39 am

that is good advice Jackie it is easy to fall into what ever is in the office and it’s usually stuff that’s not good for you. Drink water! (except for me. I live on coffee) :D

• 25 EDP4BHO
      October 22, 2012 at 9:48 am

Thank you, Major Jackie :-D We shall carry on.

• 26 HZ
        October 22, 2012 at 7:09 pm

Great comment Jackie. Thanks so much. Also, for those who have a medical condition, remember to take you medications with you in your pill box (or a small ziplock bag). We all know how busy and caught-up in phonebanking or data work and times flies and we forget to take those meds.

If you are on foot, tell privately to you partner where your meds are on your person incase you feel sick and need to take your medicine or the heat gets to you. Just be ready. I even carry on my person at All times, a typed small version of my medical information , blood type, meds taking, doctors name, allegeries to meds., where medical cards are located, dosages of meds., taking, phone numbers of family members, etc. That is just something that I have done for about 15 years now.

I was in church one Sun., and about 34 miles from my home, and I had a serious medical problem(before I knew that I had a heart problem) and because of that medical information little booklet in my purse, the First Responders and the nurse at the church,and a member of the church who happened to be a policeman took my med. infor. bookletand went through it. And the last question to me (while he was holding my booklet) ” Ms. HZ is there anyone on this contact page you would like me to call?” I answered, “Yes, my brother who was on another coast. Well, the policeman called my brother, and my brother contacted the hospital where I was taken and the church to thank them. Those are facts. Never take things for granted.

Call, walk, but like Jackie do these things and make it easy on your nerves and others who are around you and your family. These last days are going to put a lot of stress on all of us. Be smart.((((HZ))))

October 22, 2012 at 9:29 am

Go out and VOTE. :D

7. October 22, 2012 at 9:32 am

good morning, Chips and everyone :)

8. 36 donna dem 4 obama
    October 22, 2012 at 9:36 am

Pres. Obama gets some help explaining Romnesia … from Mitt Romney

9. 40 Melissa
    October 22, 2012 at 9:38 am

Morning everyone!!
    Two weeks till the finish line!
    (New Q/Cbs Ohio poll O50 R45)
    I dont care for polls much but reports from the ground and early voting trends have been very encouraging !! We got this!

10. 41 collegekay
    October 22, 2012 at 9:40 am
    • 42 collegekay
      October 22, 2012 at 9:42 am

“Latino voters highly engaged in Presidential election”

• 43 utaustinliberal
        October 22, 2012 at 9:58 am

I love that the so called pundits are ignorant about this. People are very excited to vote and are paying attention. They keep discounting the Hispanic community just like they discount young voters. Early voting and Election day numbers are going to be amazing.

• 44 debz
          October 22, 2012 at 10:08 am

They ignore the Latino community, dismiss the African American community, and think women are too stupid to know that “women’s issues” are important. They seem to think that only white men vote. They are in for a big surprise this year.

• 45 57andfemale
      October 22, 2012 at 11:10 am

But…. Romney narrowed the Latino gap! Some crackpot poll said so, so let’s ignore truth (the MSM sucks).

October 22, 2012 at 9:42 am

How fitting…you can’t make this stuff up..glad no one was hurt.

• 49 miss pat
      October 22, 2012 at 10:00 am

Poor Mitt. Everything he touches keep falling down. He is so messed up not even a blimp will stay up in te air for him. No weapon formed against the Presidsenet shall prosper. I am having fun watching Mitt crash but I am glad their was no injury.

• 50 miss pat
        October 22, 2012 at 10:19 am

Sorry for the errors. In much pain, my brain is hurting too.

• October 22, 2012 at 10:21 am

Why are you in pain Pat??

• 52 miss pat
            October 22, 2012 at 10:51 am

Thanks for asking Chips. Polymyositis, a disease of the muscles. Since 1981. Seems to be getting more and more flare-ups now that I am getting older. But still I rise! Thanks for all you do Chips, your blog helps me when I need to sit up, especially late at nights. You are an angel.

• October 22, 2012 at 10:56 am

Ah Pat, I remember now you mentioning this before, but it escaped my sieve-like memory. What a painful, horrible condition, you’re amazing to be so positive all the time, I would disappear under a mountain of self-pity! Look after yourself, and thank you so, so much for everything you bring here – especially yourself!

• 54 57andfemale
              October 22, 2012 at 11:14 am

Oh, miss pat, I’m so sorry! Chronic pain — unless you’ve lived through it, people don’t realize the toll it takes.

Healing energy sent your way. Working on sending some of that positive energy to my President so he kicks Willard’s ass tonight.

The MSM is just salivating at narrowing PBO’s well-deserved lead in foreign policy. What this President has had to endure in order to govern and make this world and country a better place.

• 55 miss pat
                October 22, 2012 at 11:53 am

Thanks for your encouraging words, Chip and 57 and female. I just keep on keeping on. I am glad I am alive to see this day. And I know I will be alive to see him win another term and hopefully see him finish that term. I am confiden in his victory tonght. He is a constitutional scholar.. I am revved up, ready to go.

• 58 Pamela
          October 22, 2012 at 12:27 pm

{{{{{miss pat}}}}}

• 59 HZ
            October 22, 2012 at 7:34 pm

Miss Pat, oh I want you to relax as much as possible. You encouraged me and even went out of your way to informed me of some wonderful information to help me with my constant pain. I will always be so grateful to you and Chips for that. Your soul is one of compassion, strength and much love for others. You gave me hope within this beautiful with our contact through Chips. So, you are so special to me.

So here are some loving hugs (((((((((((((((((((((((( Lots of loving healing and comforting sweet hugs to you from my heart.)))))))))))))))))))))) HZ

12. 60 dotster3
    October 22, 2012 at 9:42 am

Two more votes for our gifted president ——as mr. dotster and I head to the polls on the first day of early voting in Illinois! We will celebrate and congratulate each other for our smart choice right outside the polling place——maybe a couple of woots and an awkward little happy dance, probably not gangnam style. :) People will stare and wonder why we’re so thrilled with ourselves and so I will do a little shout of “Obama!” as we depart.

13. October 22, 2012 at 9:42 am

Updated NC numbers;

Total-486,789

White 64.7%
    Black 30.6%
    Other 4.7%
    Gender
    Female 55.4%
    Male 43.6%
    Unk. 1.0%
    Method
    In-person 83.0%
    Mail 17.0%

14. October 22, 2012 at 9:44 am

Up and at ‘em all you O’s!!!! Another great getting up day in TOD town as we look FORWARD to the debate tonight. Chips you are the best! Thanks for bringing Iron Fist on board. From the looks of him, he’ll break the wrists of the hand wringers, pull the teeth of the gnashers, shave the heads of the hair on fire group, and pull the sky down on the sky is falling contingent. I’m liking that for reals. We can do this, it just takes turning negativity into action. Action will make a positive impact on the psyche which can be the dominant impulse, which can become contagious. Let’s get ‘er done!

My political take today is that we’re in the final minutes of the 4th quarter, the count is 3 to 2 with 2 outs in the bottom of the ninth, one lap to go, approaching the dismount, teeing up to the 18th hole…….you get my drift. So let’s get suited up, they’re calling us in from the bench to bring it on home!

October 22, 2012 at 9:45 am

GM folks. Are the votes in ?

16. 78 PhillyinJA
    October 22, 2012 at 9:47 am

The New Yorker endorsement just made me cry. It’s too early to be crying (sigh).

17. 81 donna dem 4 obama
    October 22, 2012 at 9:48 am

Good Morning TOD

Remember this… One hour a day (volunteering) will send Romney away (for good). ;)

If you can, please contact your local OFA office to see how you can help them in this final drive to victory https://barackobama.com/gotv or donate to one of the fundraisers here at TOD http://theobamadiary.com/tod-fundraisers/

Have a great Productive O’Day!

October 22, 2012 at 9:50 am

Early voting is going to do wonders for us. Our GOTV efforts are paying off. Our ground game is proving fruitful.

October 22, 2012 at 10:31 am

Thanks for the tweets ut! This is good news. If their LV models are showing decent leads for PBO, I’m curious as to what their RV models are showing!

• 86 jackiegrumbacher
      October 22, 2012 at 12:28 pm

UT, that tweet about Ohio women made me shout and, once again, forget the pain in my back. Way to go women and we’re turning out in higher numbers. Thank you!!!!!!

19. 87 relellit
    October 22, 2012 at 9:54 am

Jackie 4 Obama congratulations on 1st. What a lovely prize!

NBC News Election Expert Chuck Todd: Voting Machine Concerns are ‘Conspiracy Garbage’

But, to misinform your 272,035 Twitter followers, not to mention your millions of viewers on television, that concerns about oft-failed, easily-manipulated electronic voting and tabulation systems are little more than “conspiracies” which “belong in the same category as the Trump birther garbage” is an extraordinary disservice to your readers, your viewers and the U.S. electorate as a whole.

They deserve a much better understanding of our electoral system from someone such as yourself, who is relied upon by so many as an expert in these matters.

Again, I would welcome the opportunity to discuss these concerns with you on your Daily Rundown show on MSNBC any time.

If, in fact, you are correct, that these concerns are little more than ‘conspiracy garbage’, you will do the electorate a great service by having me on, and putting me in my place once and for all by explaining why.

Everyone have a lovely day. :)

20. October 22, 2012 at 9:54 am

11:25AM THE PRESIDENT departs Joint Base Andrews

1:40PM THE PRESIDENT arrives Boca Raton, Florida

October 22, 2012 at 10:00 am

MORRRNING, Jackie4O, whatt a way to do ‘top ten’! CONGRATS, Gurl!! :lol: :lol: :lol: It really, really n-i-i-ce to see you there!

Wonderful Monday Morning, TODville! :grin: :grin: (Yes, Chips, I know you don’t normally think Mondays are great, BUT think of this: when this one is over Pres. O will be finished with formal political ‘debates’!)

Hey Pamela, how’s the taking-it-easy-day-4-me going? No headaches, this time, right? BTW, you never answered if you had a twitter account.

• October 22, 2012 at 10:03 am

Moooooooorning VC! I’m trying hard to improve my relationship with Mondays, I don’t think we’ll ever love each other, but so long as we can live in reasonable harmony, then that’d do. So, Happy Monday to ya!

• 94 Mary
        October 22, 2012 at 2:55 pm

Ii have found a reeeeeaaaaalllllyyyyyyy good way to improve Mondays! A visit to the chiropractor AND MOST IMPORTANT a Full Body Massage at the end of the day, right after school. It does WONDERS for your outlook! :)

October 22, 2012 at 10:04 am

Make it viral!!!!!!!!! h/t Bob Cesca

23. 101 Mae who love our CIC
    October 22, 2012 at 10:08 am

Romney-Ryan or Obama-Biden?

Vote in This Urgent Poll

Scroll down to vote

Newsmax.com, one of America’s leading online news services, is conducting an urgent national online poll about President Obama, Mitt Romney and the 2012 election.
    This election may be one of the most critical in the nation’s history.

Newsmax will provide the results of this poll to major media outlets. Newsmax’s results also will be shared with popular radio talk-show hosts across America.

Newsmax reports have been cited by major media outlets, including CNN, ABC News, Fox News, CBS, MSNBC, and other major networks.

Don’t miss this opportunity to let your voice be heard! Many media outlets and national leaders are interested in your opinion. Hundreds of media outlets have reported on Newsmax’s online polls.

Vote Today!

1) If the election were held today, who would you vote for?
    Barack Obama – Joe Biden
    Mitt Romney – Paul Ryan
    Other
    2) Are you more likely to vote for Mitt Romney because Paul Ryan is his VP?
    More Likely
    Less Likely
    Doesn’t change my opinion of Romney
    3) Which party should run congress?
    Republican
    Democratic
    4) To close the federal deficit, Congress and the President should
    Raise taxes
    Cut spending

Read more on Newsmax.com: Romney vs Obama
    Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama’s Re-Election? Vote Here Now!

October 22, 2012 at 10:12 am

NewsMax is a conspiracy theory laden hot mess….

• 103 relellit
        October 22, 2012 at 11:44 am

desertflower the only thing I do with NewsMax is forward their scurrilous lies to Attach Watch. I used to take their polls only to find out I was on their list which, when it’s not bloivating, is trying to sell its products.

• 105 99ts
      October 22, 2012 at 10:14 am

Such online type polls are truly nonsense – this is the type of poll that keeps the world’s worst dancers on “Dancing with the stars”.

24. October 22, 2012 at 10:09 am

G’morning Chips, TOD, lurkers, everyone. :) Congratulations Jackie on #1! My goodness – so much GREAT news today!! I don’t know where to start. Thanks Chips and TOD!!!

25. 108 Kreen
    October 22, 2012 at 10:10 am

Morning friends! This is going to be an awesome day! FIRED UP READY TO GO! All hands on deck, will be spending the next 2 weeks making calls and canvassing as much as possible, and donating as much as possible…every little bit counts! FORWARD!

October 22, 2012 at 10:22 am

McCain voters defecting to Obama are older white males

In today’s highly polarized political environment it is somewhat surprising to find voters who backed John McCain in 2008 and now support President Barack Obama, but they exist.

Roughly 5 percent of respondents in Reuters/Ipsos polls said they chose the Republican contender in 2008 and will switch to Obama in 2012. This number peaked at around 9 percent two separate times over the summer, according to data collected since January.

Who are these defectors?

Jeff Waltrip, 56, is a retired electrician and retail worker who has voted Republican all his life. But in his view Obama “has done a good job with what he was left with, and I truly believe that allowing Mitt Romney in there is going to make the world a whole lot worse than it is now.” Waltrip said he liked the Republican ticket in 2008 because McCain is a veteran and because Sarah Palin “made me laugh.”

snip/

Even though 38 percent of all voters believe the economy is the election’s most prominent issue, just one-third of the McCain defectors agree. Character matters more.

“Right now if I had to choose it would be Obama, because he’s more personable,” said William Holliday, a 58-year-old retiree from Convis Township, Michigan. “Romney has changed his position so many damn times, you don’t know what he thinks at all. But they’re both liars.”

Holliday said that in general he leans Republican. “I did vote for McCain four years ago in spite of the fact he picked Palin. Because I thought that was a cheap trick he pulled there.” He worries that if Romney is elected he will put “Cheney and Rumsfeld back in there to run the show.”

Jeffrey Baker, 56, a retiree in Strong, Maine, thinks Romney’s refusal to release his taxes disqualifies him. “If you can’t be honest from the start, I don’t want you in the Oval Office,” he said. Romney, whose personal worth has been estimated at roughly $250 million, has faced criticism from Democrats for not releasing enough years’ worth of his tax returns.

“Four years ago I voted for John McCain because I thought he was more experienced, and I thought we needed someone with some military background,” Baker said. “Mitt Romney – I don’t believe he has the experience that’s needed. He’s a businessman, he knows how to make money. That’s all well and good, but we’ve got people to worry about.”

BOOM!

27. 110 JER
    October 22, 2012 at 10:24 am

FREE PRINTABLE OBAMA BIDEN SIGN – http://obamamedia.wordpress.com/2008/09/29/free-printable-obama-biden-signs/

Looking for yard signs? How to Create Your Own Signs – Free Printable Obama Biden Signs (Larger) – these PDFs are tabloid size (17 by 11 inches), a great size for yard signs. http://obamamedia.wordpress.com/2008/10/21/free-printable-obama-biden-signs-larger-size/

How to Create Your Own Signs: http://obamamedia.wordpress.com/2008/10/27/how-to-create-your-own-signs/

28. 114 Deb
    October 22, 2012 at 10:25 am

My husband and I voted in North Carolina.

Obama 2012!!

29. 121 donna dem 4 obama
    October 22, 2012 at 10:37 am

FedEx to add 20,000 seasonal workers, sees shipping up 13 percent

Spread the word among friends and family.

October 22, 2012 at 10:56 am

Thanks Donna.

31. October 22, 2012 at 10:56 am

photo/1

32. 125 donna dem 4 obama
    October 22, 2012 at 10:57 am

First Weekend Of Early Voting Favors Obama In Battleground Nevada

{Snip}

After two days of early voting in Nevada, Democrats boast that figures released by county elections officials show they hold a significant lead.

About 53 percent of the voters who turned out on Saturday and Sunday in Clark County, the state’s most populous, were Democrats, while just 31 percent were Republicans. The 22-point disparity is higher than the 15 points by which Democrats outnumber Republicans—a sign, the party says, of the field organization Sen. Harry Reid and Nevada Democrats have spent a decade building.

Early voting in Washoe County, home to Reno, showed a similar Democratic advantage. Registered voters in the state’s bellwether county split evenly, 38 percent for both Democrats and Republicans. Over the weekend, Democrats made up 47 percent of those casting ballots early, compared with 38 percent for Republicans, a nine-point Democratic advantage.

“We had a blockbuster day yesterday. We’re going to have another great day today. And we’ll continue that until November 6 and give everybody the opportunity to make sure that they express their support for the candidate that’s going to best support them. And in this community, in this state, that’s going to be Barack Obama,” Berkley told National Journal.

33. October 22, 2012 at 10:57 am

Thanks, Chips, for protecting our collective mental health. Here’s my morning contribution:

October 22, 2012 at 10:58 am

Of all the memes this election season, Romnesia has got to be the best. :lol:

35. October 22, 2012 at 10:59 am
  36. October 22, 2012 at 11:02 am

Send Stephanie Cutter some love!!

October 22, 2012 at 11:09 am

TODobots, am I the only one whose WP message ‘light’ has stopped working? Tell me I’m not so special. ;)

38. 132 JER
    October 22, 2012 at 11:09 am

Streaming now: President Obama departs Andrews for Debate: http://www.cbsnews.com/liveFeed/widget.shtml

39. 136 squarepeg
    October 22, 2012 at 11:11 am

wow you guys gotta read the new yorker endorsement it’s very good

40. 137 TrumpDog
    October 22, 2012 at 11:14 am

Thanks for the new rules, Chips. You don’t know how close I was to tearing my hair out yesterday after reading TPM and DK posts. Talk about GLOOM and DOOM from our side.
    It’s such a relief to come to a place where people aren’t focused on the negative. Or the first debate. Or the public fucking option :roll:

• 138 Arnie
      October 22, 2012 at 11:18 am

You said it!

• October 22, 2012 at 11:26 am

You’re welcome TrumpDog! We can go back to punching each other after the election, but between now and then winning the election is all that matters. Anyone who wants to try and spead doom and gloom can take a break from the blog until then ;-)

• 140 yardarm756
        October 22, 2012 at 11:40 am

Aye, aye Admiral. All ‘Negative Nellie’s’ shall be made to walk the plank and ‘trolls’ shall be keel hauled! :-]

• October 22, 2012 at 11:43 am

I’m assuming being keel hauled is not a good thing Yardarm? It sounds kinda painful :???:

• 142 yardarm756
            October 22, 2012 at 12:22 pm

No one is known to survive it. You tie the hands and feet to separate ropes. Place some people on each rope at the bow then throw the perp off the bow. The people manning the ropes star walking aft one rope to the other to starboard. The perp is dragged from bow to stern on the ships bottom…….
            Get the idea now?

41. October 22, 2012 at 11:18 am

Happy Monday TODers! Can’t wait to make calls tonight.

Just got a request for contribution for Elizabeth Warren. She’s doing well against Brown.

Wondering if there are any other candidates in closer races for senate/house who could use a little support. Any suggestions?

42. October 22, 2012 at 11:19 am

Can a tweet be made of links of all the newspaper endorsements that the President have received so far. Thanks

43. 162 ewok2
    October 22, 2012 at 11:26 am

Thanks colegekay.

44. 163 57andfemale
    October 22, 2012 at 11:28 am

I loathe DimMitt. here’s a link to this important interview about the damage he has done to the U.S., Israel and the world concerning Iran:

And here’s the dKos link which has important highlights and a great framing of the issue but, well, it’s dKos so follow your conscience:

45. 166 yardarm756
    October 22, 2012 at 11:35 am

G’day all. First day for early voting in Illinois. FIRED UP! COME ABOUT AND BRING ALL GUNS TO BEAR!

46. 171 xtine
    October 22, 2012 at 11:35 am

RAHMING MSM:

“You guys are the ones who keep saying, ‘Oh, he’s not approachable.’ That’s not what the American people say. I think maybe you guys should evaluate where you’re coming from. Maybe it’s you. Maybe it’s the elite journalists who aren’t all that approachable.”

— Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel, quoted by the Tampa Bay Times, pushing back on the media narrative that Obama is aloof.

• 172 57andfemale
      October 22, 2012 at 11:50 am

That’s because the worthless MSM never watch a rally or bother to look at the pictures of how this President is beloved.

• 173 ewok2
        October 22, 2012 at 12:01 pm

Our President reads ten letters daily from the public and answers them all back personally is very approachable. We have seen him amongst the people and his and their reaction to each other. The Media is lying.

47. October 22, 2012 at 11:36 am
    • 175 57andfemale
      October 22, 2012 at 11:48 am

What NEVER got any traction after the second debate was Mitt’s insistence that none of this matter unless we raped public lands, beaches and oceans to do it.

My husband and I were so struck by the fact that unless DimMitt can destroy public lands to squeeze fossil fuels out, then no increase in production matters.

Never got any traction. I tried on twitter but I am barely functional on twitter.

• October 22, 2012 at 11:51 am

Yes, it definitely got lost in the shuffle and it’s a shame.

• 177 ewok2
          October 22, 2012 at 12:23 pm

I remember that point well, and millions of us have heard and remember what Romney said and give us pause. It may not be discussed as a topic, but it remains with us like a refrain in a song. It is very disturbing.

48. October 22, 2012 at 11:43 am
  49. October 22, 2012 at 11:43 am

GOOOOOOOO Iowa!!

50. 180 57andfemale
    October 22, 2012 at 11:45 am
  51. October 22, 2012 at 11:47 am

The ONLY polls that matter ….

52. 182 relellit
    October 22, 2012 at 11:50 am

Poll: Obama Leads By 3 Nationally Despite Romney’s Edge On The Economy

53. 184 FoxfireTX
    October 22, 2012 at 11:52 am

Good morning peeps! The BEST thing about today? This is the LAST time PBO will have to share a stage with that lying POS!!! As I’ve said before in my view Romney is not worthy to shine PBO’s shoes. Petty, I know, but it really bugs me:-)

It’s early voting here in TX but doesn’t look like I’ll make it today given the need to have an appliance repair person in but the the good news is they can come today so hopefully my refrig/freezer will get fixed. This is the second time my daughter will be voting but the first time she is really excited about it so we will make a day of it when we can reschedule. Last time around she had just turned to 18 and had other things on her mind although I did get her to vote. But this time she is the one bugging me. I hope this is true with other young people as well.

• October 22, 2012 at 12:02 pm

“The BEST thing about today? This is the LAST time PBO will have to share a stage with that lying POS!!!”

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

Honestly Foxfire, it still makes me feel ill seeing him even having to share a room with that weasel, I’ll be relieved when tonight is done.

• October 22, 2012 at 1:21 pm

yes, that’s the truth for me. Part of the wonderment of PBO in this country is that
        he should have to look at/listen to/respond to both people who have opposed him
        for office. There’s a place to stand with all of it, and PBO knows the place. The best
        we can do is look for it and stand just as close to where he is as we possibly can.

• October 22, 2012 at 12:03 pm

So true, Foxfire. And, the really cool thing is that after President Obama hears Willard concede to him on 6 Nov., he’ll never have to speak to the dude, again!

#PRESSON

• October 22, 2012 at 12:11 pm

:-) What a beautiful thought Bob!!

• October 22, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Thanks Chips – have been thinking that thought constantly since before the 1st debate … just a count down … debate 1 done … debate 2 done … debate 3 … soon to be done … concession call on 6 Nov, and thereafter the world, along with President Obama, never need to listen to Willard, again!!!

• 191 FoxfireTX
        October 22, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Although I am trying to be prudent, I actually am more interested in seeing the tight looks on Robney’s and Queen Ann’s faces during the concession speech than anything else. So let’s make this happen!!!!! Forward!

• 192 carla4obama
      October 22, 2012 at 12:14 pm

I am soo bad with abbreviations! I just now figured out what POS means. I will add BPOS (=big)

• 194 theo67
      October 22, 2012 at 2:46 pm

I have hated every second that the unworthy scumbag known as Romney has had the privilege of standing on the same stage with President Obama. Romney doesn’t even deserve to breathe the same air as President Obama, because every breath that Romney takes is only used to utter yet another lie. I’m so glad that after tonight, we also don’t have to try and mute Romney’s sections so we can hear President Obama. And on Nov 6, we won’t have to see or hear from Romney ever again.

54. October 22, 2012 at 11:57 am
  55. October 22, 2012 at 12:02 pm
  56. October 22, 2012 at 12:06 pm
  57. October 22, 2012 at 12:06 pm
  58. 202 yardarm756
    October 22, 2012 at 12:13 pm
  59. October 22, 2012 at 12:16 pm
  60. 208 JER
    October 22, 2012 at 12:23 pm
    October 22, 2012 at 12:25 pm
  62. October 22, 2012 at 12:26 pm
  63. 212 JER
    October 22, 2012 at 12:27 pm
  64. October 22, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Chips, everyone … stunning photo …

65. October 22, 2012 at 12:37 pm
  66. October 22, 2012 at 12:38 pm

Some very beautiful photos from the WH garden tour tweet-up:

And a bonus tidbit: POTUS definitely does not like chocolate pecan pie!

67. 218 Ladyhawke
    October 22, 2012 at 12:38 pm

PRESIDENT OBAMA’S POLICY SNAPSHOT OVERVIEW (Please share far and wide.)

GET THE FACTS AT WHITEHOUSE.GOV

=========================================================

Since his first day in office, President Obama has focused on laying the foundation for an economy built to last—creating jobs for American workers, cutting taxes for middle class families and small businesses, investing in education, manufacturing and American-made energy, and making sure everyone plays by the same rules, from Main Street to Wall Street.
    SHARE ON:
    PRINT THIS:

When the President took office in January 2009, the United States was in the midst of a deep recession, losing over 800,000 jobs per month. The economic security of millions of middle class Americans was vanishing. While there is much more to do, private sector employers have now created 5.2 million jobs over 31 months.

Manufacturers are steadily adding jobs and the U.S. auto industry is once again leading the world. Middle class families have seen their taxes cut by thousands of dollars over the last four years. Millions of Americans have health care security they deserve, and have new protections against the abusive practices that led to the financial crisis.

Each policy snapshot has two sections: Progress, which gives you a quick overview of the work President Obama has done since taking office, and What’s Next, which helps you understand President Obama’s plans for continuing the progress underway.

————————————————————————

68. October 22, 2012 at 12:44 pm

Peace and good day to you all who love our President. Let us all continue to do our part in helping President Obama get reelected for the highest office on this land of the free world. As well as hire back the democratic majority in the congress on both sides of government, locally, in our own individual states and cities, and within our Federal Government Offices. If you agree with me, feel free to watch this video: http://youtu.be/kQq1X2yzNqM, and let us put the right people back into office so that they can push our agendas on the table, to make a better and brighter America. One Love and Much Respects!!!!!!

Chris Nelson

69. 222 Bill R.
    October 22, 2012 at 12:46 pm
  70. 226 Bill R.
    October 22, 2012 at 1:00 pm
  71. 228 vitaminlover
    October 22, 2012 at 7:00 pm

President Obama is so handsome.