Oct

Catching Up

Cagle

ThinkProgress: The federal government’s ability to respond to natural disasters, like Hurricane Sandy currently bearing down on the East Coast, would be significantly hindered under a Romney-Ryan administration.

At least three times, Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan have publicly demanded that the federal government only disburse disaster relief funding if Congress agreed to offsetting budget cuts elsewhere. This would hold desperately-needed disaster relief funding hostage unless Congress agreed to cuts elsewhere in the budget, an extraordinarily difficult prospect even in normal circumstances.

More here

Romney campaign heads explode:

Rolling Stone (Thanks Collegekay)

Michael Tomasky: F-You Dishonesty: Romney and Jeep

There’s basic dishonesty and then there’s f-you dishonesty – dishonesty so blatant, so consciously abusive of facts that everyone knows, that it deserves a category of its own. Kato Keilin: dishonesty. O.J.: f-you dishonesty.

Romney’s new ad about Jeeps and Italy is f-you dishonest….

Full post here

Bill Keller (NYT): The No Agenda Myth…

…. With Obama, we can anticipate that the unfinished business of universal health care and the re-regulation of the Wall Street casino will be finished. We can expect investments in education, infrastructure and innovation, followed by a gradual, balanced attack on deficits that includes higher taxes on the wealthiest …. We can expect the Pentagon, after winding down two wars, to bank a peace dividend ….. The fact that these objectives represent a continuation of his first term does not mean he is aiming low. These are ambitious goals.

If Romney is elected…. we can fairly expect a rollback of universal health care in favor of the rough marketplace, and at least a partial dismantling of regulations on banks, extractive industries and whatever other industries squeal about job-killing red tape. We can expect a lowering of the safety net, especially a retrenchment of Medicaid and a marketization of Medicare. His deficit plan will rely on draconian spending cuts and on the supply-side superstition that tax cuts automatically produce growth …. You can expect another Scalia or two on the Supreme Court, the defunding of Planned Parenthood and a social agenda aimed at appeasing the evangelical base….

There’s more, but you get the idea. Two agendas; compare and contrast…..

Full article here

Link

Detroit News: Chrysler Group LLC reported a net profit of $381 million for the third quarter of 2012 on Monday, up 80 percent from the $212 million profit the company reported for the same period a year ago.

It was further proof that the Auburn Hills automaker’s recovery is continuing, and should help offset the losses that its Italian parent company, Fiat SpA, is expected to announce on Tuesday.

…. Monday’s results mark the third consecutive quarter of solid profitability for the company…

…. Since emerging from bankruptcy in 2009, Chrysler has not only returned to solid profitability, but also announced investments of more than $4.5 billion in the United States and Canada, repaid its government loans in full with interest six years ahead of schedule and launched 18 new or refreshed cars and trucks.

More here

Orlando, October 28 (Scout Tufankjian for Obama for America)

Paul Krugman: Medicaid on the Ballot

There’s a lot we don’t know about what Mitt Romney would do if he won. He refuses to say which tax loopholes he would close to make up for $5 trillion in tax cuts; his economic “plan” is an empty shell.

But one thing is clear: If he wins, Medicaid – which now covers more than 50 million Americans, and which President Obama would expand further as part of his health reform – will face savage cuts. Estimates suggest that a Romney victory would deny health insurance to about 45 million people who would have coverage if he lost, with two-thirds of that difference due to the assault on Medicaid.

…. Why are Republicans so determined to kill this success story? You know the answers. Partly it’s their general hostility to anything that helps the 47 percent …. Partly it’s the fact that Medicaid’s success is a reproach to their antigovernment ideology.

The question – and it’s a question the American people will answer very soon – is whether they’ll get to indulge these prejudices at the expense of tens of millions of their fellow citizens.

Full article here

Steve Benen: …Ann Romney’s talk about the nation needing “a grown-up” strikes me as troubling. Indeed, it rankles because of the larger pattern – Ann Romney just this month compared the president to an obstinate child; Josh Romney said the same thing; and during one of the debates, Mitt Romney also compared Obama to his children.

I try not to be overly sensitive about these things, but something is amiss.

Regardless of your opinions about him, Barack Obama is a 51-year-old man. He’s the president of the United States during a time of several crises, including two wars. His status as a “grown-up” is not in doubt.

….. to question whether Obama is an adult, and to use this as a line of attack more than once, raises very different kinds of questions about the Romneys.

Full post here

Columbus, October 28th (Christopher Dilts for Obama for America)

New Hampshire, October 28 (Christopher Dilts for Obama for America)

Yoo hoo, Gallup? Looks like you were hacked today:

Detroit Free Press

Cagle

Cagle

Cagle

Cagle

Everyone on the east coast, stay safe.

250 Responses to “Catching Up”

1. 1 LDS
    October 29, 2012 at 8:28 pm

Still standing…

2. 2 Proud Former White House Intern
    October 29, 2012 at 8:29 pm

Cool

October 29, 2012 at 8:35 pm

LOL! These cartoons are hilarious :)

• 5 utaustinliberal
      October 30, 2012 at 12:25 am

They sure are. The issues are serious but I had to crack up at the portrayal and depiction of the GOP. Truth as they say is stranger than fiction.

4. 6 LDS
    October 29, 2012 at 8:38 pm

Chips, I really needed a good laugh right about now. You did it, again…Mitt’s sandals or flip/flops.
    My, my, my
    Thank you!

5. October 29, 2012 at 8:39 pm

OOhhh. Top 10! How is everyone. Been really busy today and missed any news.

6. October 29, 2012 at 8:39 pm

I think I know why Colorado early vote is behind, by a couple of points.
    Gary Johnson is pulling a couple of points from the President, as legalizing Marijuana is on the ballot, and he is campaigning on that issue all over Colorado.
    This would move Colorado to lean Robney, but I need more data.

• 9 FiredUpInCA
      October 29, 2012 at 9:04 pm

You may be right Jovie. It’s still early to determine the final impact of Gary Johnson. I read that reliably blue Denver county mailed out their ballots a week later than they did in 2008.

Public Policy Polling analysis on Colorado early voting:

“Obama has a 51/43 lead with independents. Beyond that his advantage is being driven by
      large margins with women (54/44), Hispanics (65/34), and young voters (60/35).
      Romney’s main areas of support are with men (49/47), whites (52/46), and seniors
      (56/41).

When Gary Johnson’s included he gets just 2%. He’s polled at higher levels over the
      course of the year but this is what tends to happen with third party candidates as the
      election gets closer- their support evaporates. That’s why we have tended not to include
      Johnson in most of our polling over the course of the year. Johnson draws slightly more
      from Obama than Romney, leaving the President ahead 49-46 when he’s in the mix.

“Barack Obama continues to be the favorite in Colorado,” said Dean Debnam, President
      of Public Policy Polling. “His strong support with independents, Hispanics, and young
      voters in the state may put him over the top.”

• 10 FoxfireTX
      October 29, 2012 at 9:35 pm

Jovie, someone did a detailed analysis yesterday (probably 0over at dk) and thought these numbers were very comparable to the Bennett/Buck race at this point in time. Also seemed to have some inside info from OFA. While that will put it very close, they were cautiously optimistic. Will depend on ground game and on that point I’ll give it to OFA every time.

7. 11 Roberta in MN
    October 29, 2012 at 8:40 pm

Congrats LDS, stay safe, Chips you are impressive, who’da thunk it. Great post tonight. All the TODer’s that areon the east coast please be safe.

8. October 29, 2012 at 8:44 pm

Wow.

9. October 29, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Congrats on 1st LDS. Hope all TODers are safe. Thank you Chips for yet another substantive and fun thread.

#TrustBarack Because We Can

10. October 29, 2012 at 8:45 pm

#TrustBarack

11. October 29, 2012 at 8:50 pm
  12. October 29, 2012 at 8:52 pm

Really important in any disaster …

October 29, 2012 at 8:53 pm

I don’t think I’ll ever catch up this!

14. October 29, 2012 at 8:56 pm

Cuomo is reporting 5 deaths at this time.

15. 20 donna dem 4 obama
    October 29, 2012 at 8:56 pm

Anyone in the NY/NJ area can you tell me what is the #LIC ????
    :shock:

• 24 PoliticalJunkessa
      October 29, 2012 at 9:01 pm

Long Island City. It’s a part of the Borough of Queens in New York City. SMDH

• 25 PoliticalJunkessa
        October 29, 2012 at 9:04 pm

SMDH and sighing at seeing this water rolling through NYC. I was in a flood when I lived in Queens a few years ago, and we’ve had bad nor’easters and snowstorms, and I’ve been in a blackout in Manhattan. But this? This is beyond what I ever thought I’d see in the Big Apple.

• 26 jackiegrumbacher
          October 29, 2012 at 9:54 pm

PJ, it’s making me sick that this storm is battering such a massively populated area. I’ve been praying that we don’t see a lot of casualties and deaths and that the city can recover as quickly as possible. It worries me that tunnels and subways are flooded. Everybody please focus positive thoughts on NYC, the great city in the world in my opinion.

16. 28 jeff
    October 29, 2012 at 8:56 pm

GOP’s war on women ad is powerful and effective.

17. October 29, 2012 at 8:58 pm

Nice.

18. October 29, 2012 at 8:59 pm

This is fun …

… and serious

#TrustBarack

19. 33 PrayerWarriorforObama
    October 29, 2012 at 8:59 pm

Hello to all my fellow TODers in the US, especially those who might be affected by Hurricane Sandy. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your families for your safety. May God bless and protect you, your homes and communities.

20. 35 jeff
    October 29, 2012 at 9:01 pm

Sad to hear that Clair McCasskill’s mother died. :(

21. October 29, 2012 at 9:04 pm
  22. October 29, 2012 at 9:06 pm
  23. 39 Pamela
    October 29, 2012 at 9:07 pm

Catching Up? catching Up? No way on God’s green and stormy Earth I will ever catch up now! But, oh well, that doesn’t mean I’m not FIRED UP! hey, y’all, thinking about everyone in the string area ( including my +60 or so relatives and their families out there), and now fir a quick bite of super. {{{{CHIPSTICKS}}}} {{{{ TOD}}}}

• 40 Pamela
      October 29, 2012 at 9:37 pm

(ps, Pamela should Never ever type without her glasses, ever.!) :oops:

• 41 jackiegrumbacher
        October 29, 2012 at 9:58 pm

Pamela, that was really cute. Was wondering what a bite of super would taste like.

• 42 Pamela
          October 29, 2012 at 10:54 pm

Me too! :) (then I saw that pic of PBO from rolling stone, and the house felt very warm all of a sudden-like!) ai yai yai, here I thought I was too old…… ;)

24. 43 1jam4pbo
    October 29, 2012 at 9:10 pm

Hello Everyone, electricity has just been restored to my house here in Jamaica after Hurricane Sandy’s passage on Wednesday. We have problems but I consider us to be very lucky.

My thoughts and Prayers for all of you in the path of this monster of a hurricane. Please take care of yourselves and your fellow citizens.

25. 45 donna dem 4 obama
    October 29, 2012 at 9:15 pm

Wow…this is some serious wind :shock:

26. 46 sherijr
    October 29, 2012 at 9:16 pm

Holy smokes Chips this is quite a “catch up”… well done & thanks for all the goodies :)

27. 59 vitaminlover
    October 29, 2012 at 9:24 pm

President Obama is such a hero. I do truly love him. Also I am so proud of VP Biden stepping up to the plate and also former President Clinton. They do have President Obamas back in a most fierce way.

28. 60 4morefor44
    October 29, 2012 at 9:34 pm

omg! this seems right out of a movie…water rushing into subway station in hoboken, nj!!

• 61 cman
      October 29, 2012 at 9:40 pm

Wow. This is really serious. The winds are slamming against my window over here in uptown nyc. Live high so not too worried about water levels, but I expect light to cut off soon.

• 62 4morefor44
        October 29, 2012 at 9:55 pm

hopefully you’re stocked up for a while…seems like services and power damage are only going to get worse over the next several hours. stay safe..this is hopefully a once in a lifetime storm, and not seen again for a long, long time. Not to be taken lightly even in a high rise.

29. October 29, 2012 at 9:38 pm

photo/1

October 29, 2012 at 9:39 pm

Message from our Gov in MD.

31. October 29, 2012 at 9:40 pm

Wife is home, finally. Very relieved.

My relatives in NYC seem to be okay. They’re up in Washington Heights, at the north end of Manhattan, so they’re not low-lying. I don’t remember ever going through a storm like this growing up in New York. To all you still on the East Coast, stay safe.

32. October 29, 2012 at 9:41 pm

#TrustBarack He’s Earned It

33. 81 4morefor44
    October 29, 2012 at 9:41 pm

3ft of water on new york stock exchange trading floor, and rising. who’ll save the the “free market” now….oh yea, the government…as usual, thank god president obama is the the commander in chief right now:https://twitter.com/wunderground/status/263092406105284608

34. 86 Bill R.
    October 29, 2012 at 9:43 pm
  35. 87 Bill R.
    October 29, 2012 at 9:44 pm
    • 88 99ts
      October 29, 2012 at 10:00 pm

And the graphic says “Obama has a narrow lead” – PBO needs a lead of 20 points for someone to call it a lead. The President also has a +8 favorability – Romney is -4

36. 89 collegekay
    October 29, 2012 at 9:47 pm

I think this is the picture of PBO that bwd was talking about (from the new Rolling Stone issue). He looks amazing.

37. October 29, 2012 at 9:48 pm

NYSE under 3 ft of water.

38. October 29, 2012 at 9:51 pm

#TrustBarack

• 115 Pamela
      October 29, 2012 at 11:05 pm

Maybe they will feel differently when FEMA re-apportions the funds from their sorry-ass SALARIES, which they have been drawing for the past two months on vacation! Mofos…..I hope they are all finished, done, outta there, when this is over in a week and a day.

October 29, 2012 at 9:52 pm

Rachel Maddow needs to stop pushing those polls with their dubious “likely voter” models. She conveniently leaves out PBO’s substantial lead among registered voters, and goes on to say that this is where the election stands right now, with nothing more to do as the storm as halted all the campaigns. Rachel is out of her freaking mind.

• 117 99ts
      October 29, 2012 at 9:55 pm

I read that Romney is still campaigning – nothing stops him getting the lies out

• 118 lisalovesobama
      October 29, 2012 at 9:55 pm

She’s an idiot.

October 29, 2012 at 9:56 pm

Obama’s ground game is an integral part of his campaign – and the race is not tied as Rachel is trying to imply.

October 29, 2012 at 10:09 pm

Guys that is exactly what I wanted to talk about. I saw Rachel, were she show some poll were Ohio was tied. I said to myself, what the hell is she talking about.

• 121 elo4obama/biden
      October 29, 2012 at 10:01 pm

Yes,I’ve caught the tail end of her show a few days ago and it was the same thing. In fact she even told me that this time in 08, McCain was clearly behind! I remember the same dubious “it’s close, it’s tied ” I too am sick of her touting thes polls, with no explanation of likely vs registered, or mention of the early voting surges for dems and PO.

• 122 majiir
        October 29, 2012 at 10:20 pm

I’ve gotten to the point, elo4obama/biden, where I change the channel when Rachel’s show begins. There are just some things she does that get on my last nerve, and predicting doom and gloom for PBO using flawed polling data is one of them. She did a great job highlighting Romney’s character issues the other day, but she’s now turned to what seems to be one of her passions, depressing her viewers with nonsense. When she goes off on one of her pet issues, I turn the TV and watch cartoons and often don’t turn back to MSNBC until Lawrence O’Donnell comes on, and many times I don’t watch all of his program, either.

• 123 EricFive
          October 29, 2012 at 10:42 pm

Her concern trolling gets her attention and feeds the MSM meme of Mittmentum, which no doubt pleases her bosses. I have to admit that I find it weird and a little troubling that some people seem to get “surprised” everyday to find out that our media is corrupt and spins for Mitt. It’s like that movie “Momento” wherein the hero wakes up everyday with his memory erased, and writes messages on his body every night so he “remembers” what happened to him the day before. To those suffering from this affliction, I recommend writing the following notes to self: MSNBC is not in the business of helping PBO politically. Chuck Todd is a RW shill. Same with Fineman. The only hosts on MSNBC worth a damn are Bashir and Rev Al. And Rachel Maddow thinks she would make a better President than PBO, and her feelings of superiority cloud her objectivity when discussing PBO.

• 124 sabreen60
            October 29, 2012 at 11:07 pm

You read my mind and expressed it a 1000 times better than I could. I do not watch Rachel. I will only watch Schultz if there is a guest on that I want to hear. I watch Lawrence sometimes, but, really, I don’t give a shit about what Rush says. I watch Bashir the most. I watch Rev Al, but sometimes I find myself wishing that he pushed back on some story that isn’t factual.

• 125 EricFive
              October 29, 2012 at 11:38 pm

I like Bashir alot too. He is the only one who pushes back hard against the spin. He challenges his guests, and they seem to know not to bring silliness to his show. I am very impressed with Rev. Al’s steadfast support of PBO. He has never once waivered and for that he deserves alot of credit for having integrity (especially when all other night time hosts are subject to corporate boss induced mood swings).

• 126 Obama Grandmama
      October 29, 2012 at 11:26 pm

i saw her poll posts that scared me with several with Romney +!, and essentially so closed it was tied. I certainly hope not as we don’t need a liar and a cheat as President and role model for our kids.

• 127 EricFive
        October 29, 2012 at 11:48 pm

She cherry-picked those polls to create just such a reaction from you. She felt the need to counter the Obama campaign statement that they are winning in Ohio (most polling has PBO up by 5 in Ohio). She purposefully mislead her viewing audience (how is that different than what Mitt does?). Gallup and Ras are flooding the MSM with polls that have likely voter models that undercount PBO’s support by 5-7 points. These biased polls are the sole basis for the MSM’s never ending Mittmentum meme. Maddow is smart enough to know better. She is playing her audience for fools and spewing the same pro-Mitt propaganda as the rest of the MSM.

October 30, 2012 at 8:13 am

She is cherry picking which polls to report and leaving out essential information about the specific model used (likely voters versus registered voters). Historically the actual election outcome has been closer to the “registered voters” figure than the “likely voters” figure.

40. 129 Tally
    October 29, 2012 at 9:59 pm
  41. October 29, 2012 at 9:59 pm
  42. 133 Tally
    October 29, 2012 at 10:02 pm
      October 29, 2012 at 10:56 pm

Tally Girl, I’m not sure this particular link works well with your point, unless I misunderstand you. If I did, apologies.

/…
      It opens by spotlighting a Romney op-ed headlined “Let Detroit Go Bankrupt” to claim that Romney “turned his back” on the auto industry at a crucial time.

This is not entirely fair: Romney did not actually use that phrase – it was the headline placed on an op-ed he wrote
      …/

43. 135 lisalovesobama
    October 29, 2012 at 10:03 pm

Michael Bloomberg is a huge ass. :roll: how does anyone take him seriously? His attempt at speaking Spanish was reprehensible.

44. October 29, 2012 at 10:04 pm

Whoa ! What’s up with the usually bully Governor of my state, Chris Christie, being so grateful and respectful to my PRESIDENT?

I guess he went to a fortune-teller and got the news of liar Romney’s drubbing in next week’s election. So now he is trying to be on the

right side of history. Still hate his guts…(and that’s a lot of hate).

Just catching up for today. Wonderful updates Chips. So far my part of NJ has very heavy winds but have not lost power, for which i’m grateful.

One of my daughter’s friends in my town had a tree fall on her house. Still waiting to hear if the family is ok.

Be safe everyone.

45. October 29, 2012 at 10:04 pm
  46. October 29, 2012 at 10:08 pm

At this stage, it doesn’t matter what she says however my preference is to know the facts (Obama is going to win) and have the media blathering ‘close’ no matter how they contrive to do so because we don’t want anyone sitting around wondering if they should vote

47. 155 dotster3
    October 29, 2012 at 10:09 pm

Lots of dire things happening out there, transformers blowing, power out everywhere, 3 ft. of flooding everywhere, fatalities, mostly from falling trees—–did you see the vid posted all over twitter of the con ed plant blowing up? Geez. Everyone needs to stay inside. Keeping all in my thoughts.

• October 29, 2012 at 10:12 pm

Hiya Dotster, saw the video, really scary stuff. I’m always inclined to believe the media hype the hell out of these things in advance and terrify the living daylights out of everyone, but this looks truly horrible. Keep safe everyone.

• 157 Obama Grandmama
      October 29, 2012 at 11:37 pm

One thing that will be important in the following days will be to be careful of more trees falling due to being stressed and near falling now. Our road to the Coast from where I live is closed a portion of every fall/winter due to wind/rain storms and this happens every time after the fact.

48. 158 vitaminlover
    October 29, 2012 at 10:09 pm

I refuse to watch Rachel or anyone who even tries to imply anything that is not completely upbeat about my Dynamic Duo (Obama/Biden). They are wrong and I refkuse to hear their lies, implications or whatever games they are trying to play. I WILL NOT PLAY!!!! OBAMA/BIDEN 2012!!!!

• 159 cos
      October 29, 2012 at 10:17 pm

I fast forwarded through all of her poll crap to see what she had to say about Robney lying about jeep. She compared it to the very first lying ad to what may be the last lying ad, and noted that this is how he has ran his entire campaign.

• October 29, 2012 at 10:22 pm

Be advised- turn on football, or any show other than politics.
      The Media has lost it’s colllective mind…

• 161 jeff
      October 29, 2012 at 10:28 pm

Use it as a tool to fire up your determination if it’s been lagging. Otherwise treat it as just noise.

49. 162 lisalovesobama
    October 29, 2012 at 10:13 pm

Tomorrow it’s supposed to be as low as 49degrees and as high as 74! In Florida, that’s AMAZING!!! I love the cold! I don’t enjoy the reason for this bout of cold weather, but I surely am appreciative of the lessening of Florida heat.

October 29, 2012 at 11:21 pm

You LOVE the cold! :shock: Oh dear Lisaloves, I now have to reassess my assessment of your mental state as mentioned above. Nevertheless, if you really love it, I can share lots of it with you when winter rolls around. Let me know when you would like to come enjoy the cold and I’ll make sure the spare room stuff is put away. ;)

• 164 lisalovesobama
        October 29, 2012 at 11:27 pm

I will definitely take you up on that, VC! I really really love cold weather, perhaps because my mainstay is tropical weather. Cold weather is like a luxury I enjoy. When I lived in Gainesville and Jacksonville for school, when it got cold, like 30 degrees or so, my windows would be open and my window fans on full blast and I’d pile all my blankets on the bed and snuggle in my dorm room! Favorite thing ever! Miss it so much!

October 29, 2012 at 11:38 pm

No problemo! I can offer you lots of luxury to enjoy if you come at the right time. I can definitely do better than -1celsius, and though you can’t have the windows open, you can certainly go outside and play in the snow.

50. October 29, 2012 at 10:16 pm

That’s ok! It leans GOP anyways.

51. October 29, 2012 at 10:17 pm
  52. 169 CEB
    October 29, 2012 at 10:19 pm

That Rolling Stone photo of PBO: my,my,my,my,my!

On a more serious note, we are holding all of you who are affected by the storm in our prayers.

53. October 29, 2012 at 10:28 pm
  54. October 29, 2012 at 10:28 pm
  55. 175 dudette9t9
    October 29, 2012 at 10:31 pm

Turns out there IS a hashtag for that:

56. 179 jeff
    October 29, 2012 at 10:35 pm

Was reading an article on HP about how Romney was extremely slow when it came to disaster relief. Wont link to it cause I know that HP is banned from this site but found it pretty interesting.

57. 183 dudette9t9
    October 29, 2012 at 10:36 pm
    October 29, 2012 at 10:36 pm

GM folks. I see that NY is hit badly by sandy. Hope everyone is safe.

Great to see a real president in action.

• 186 amk for obama
        October 29, 2012 at 10:53 pm

GM chips. Hangover over yet ?

• October 29, 2012 at 10:56 pm

Not yet amk, I’m looking at August 2017 before the thumping stops. Got tied up – not literally – since yesterday afternoon, did LL and UT take United’s majestic triumph well?

• 188 amk for obama
            October 29, 2012 at 11:04 pm

LL was cool though he was seen cursing the referee.

ut was her usual calm self when it comes to the blues. :)

• 189 amk for obama
              October 29, 2012 at 11:05 pm

Especially when the they lose. :)

• October 29, 2012 at 11:08 pm

Ah, there was a a meltdown then? Jeez, bad losers.

• 191 amk for obama
                October 29, 2012 at 11:17 pm

Heh, don’t start that again.

• 193 amk for obama
                    October 29, 2012 at 11:21 pm

Oh, yeah? It was a 12 vs 9 ‘steal’. Nothing to brag about (or downing 18 bottles of champagne)

• October 29, 2012 at 11:39 pm

Apparently, the ref in that travesty of a game is being investigated for saying something inappropriate to a couple of the black players on Chels. So, yeah, I can’t believe I would’ve preferred Howard Webb as referee.

• October 29, 2012 at 11:44 pm

A strange affair LL, he ‘allegedly’ called Mata a “Spanish twat” and Mikel a “cheeky monkey”. Bizarre. Although ….. I do love the irony of Chelsea suddenly taking offense at racial abuse.

• 196 utaustinliberal
                    October 30, 2012 at 12:37 am

Manchester United with the help of a fucked up incompetent racist referee (who used racial slurs against Chelsea football players and is being investigated) STOLE the game. An offside being declared a gaol? Give me a break. We weren’t even playing with a full team and we still tied the game and the game would have ended in a tie if not for AN OFFSIDE BEING DECLARED A GOAL!

But hey, it’s Manchester United. If you can’t win a game fairly…..then just STEAL IT. I would respect Man U if they won fairly but they DIDN’T and every competent football fan and sports analyst has said so.

October 29, 2012 at 11:31 pm

My new resolve to not let you catch me here, if you left me here, is not working out too well so far Amk. I may have to ask you to send some advance warning when you are about to return so that I can skedaddle. I don’t know why but of late whenever this happens I am confronted by how much time I actually am spending on line and twinges of guilt start to make themselves felt. Severely weird!

• 200 amk for obama
        October 29, 2012 at 11:36 pm

My ‘say gunnite folks’ is really a mind game. Specifically designed for vc. :mrgreen:

• 202 theo67
        October 30, 2012 at 1:25 am

Save your guilt for Nov 7. Until then, every waking moment should be spent here, monitoring events. :)

October 30, 2012 at 9:32 am

Thanks Theo, you always hit just the right note. I totally hadn’t considered opening a savings account for my guilt. I’m going to do exactly that with plans to cash it in later as you suggest. Thank you I actually feel liberated! Ha, Amk, nix on those mind games. I’s back. :razz: :razz:

• 204 theo67
            October 30, 2012 at 11:18 am

You always make me laugh with your quick wit! You should write a book or something. :)

October 30, 2012 at 11:47 am

Morning, Theo! :lol:

I do not understand why friends are always laughing at my serious contributions, but they are forever saying I make them laugh. Maybe it’s time I stop discounting their claims and see a psychiatrist if this not-taking-me-seriously is even happening online.

Truthfully, friends have told me about the book thingy more than once, probably because they are always asking me to edit their important stuff, and they think I do a good job. Fact is, writing a book would be hard work and I’ve discovered that unlike Ms Chips, Pamela, Amk, Bobfr, and several others here, yourself included, I’m work allergic. Although, I AM CONSIDERING the latest suggestion of two good friends to start an online editing service and thus marry my latest love with my former enduring love. I got stuck figuring out how to determine a fair rate, so as usual when stuff is personal, I put it on the back burner. We’ll see, after the election.

59. October 29, 2012 at 10:42 pm
  60. 209 lisalovesobama
    October 29, 2012 at 10:48 pm

Willard is holding a campaign event under the guise of Storm Readiness in Ohio. Hm….. What an ass.

61. 213 dudette9t9
    October 29, 2012 at 10:49 pm
  62. 214 lisalovesobama
    October 29, 2012 at 10:54 pm

Willard is considering doing a “NJ Damage Tour”——–ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!!!!!! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?????!!!!!!!!!

• 215 lisalovesobama
      October 29, 2012 at 10:56 pm

What a fucking asshole! Stay in your place, Willard! You aren’t president! You are just a fucking idiot! This is not a photo op! It’s real life! What a goddamned idiot child he is.

• 216 EricFive
        October 30, 2012 at 12:02 am

Mitt’s desperation is so obvious and transparent. Unless he will be cutting checks from his private fortune to help rebuild the storm damaged areas, I doubt people will be receptive to his latest political ploy/photo op. The security for a Mitt photo op will take police away from dealing with citizens needs after the storm. He is desperate and knows he is going to lose, just like McCain was in 2008.

63. October 29, 2012 at 10:55 pm

Obama up 5 in Ohio-

64. October 29, 2012 at 10:56 pm
  65. 228 dudette9t9
    October 29, 2012 at 11:07 pm

Any Iowa TODers out there — will you PLEASE fire this asshole? He needs to go back home to the farm in Iowa, don’tcha think?

66. October 29, 2012 at 11:14 pm

New York Times is wasting any time ….

Editorial: A Big Storm Requires Big Government

But Mitt Romney wants to give FEMA’s central emergency responsibilities to 50 flailing states.

” Over the last two years, Congressional Republicans have forced a 43 percent reduction in the primary FEMA grants that pay for disaster preparedness. Representatives Paul Ryan, Eric Cantor and other House Republicans have repeatedly tried to refuse FEMA’s budget requests when disasters are more expensive than predicted, or have demanded that other valuable programs be cut to pay for them. The Ryan budget, which Mr. Romney praised as “an excellent piece of work,” would result in severe cutbacks to the agency, as would the Republican-instigated sequester, which would cut disaster relief by 8.2 percent on top of earlier reductions.

Does Mr. Romney really believe that financially strapped states would do a better job than a properly functioning federal agency? Who would make decisions about where to send federal aid? Or perhaps there would be no federal aid, and every state would bear the burden of billions of dollars in damages. After Mr. Romney’s 2011 remarks recirculated on Monday, his nervous campaign announced that he does not want to abolish FEMA, though he still believes states should be in charge of emergency management. Those in Hurricane Sandy’s path are fortunate that, for now, that ideology has not replaced sound policy.”

Make’um own it ….

#TrustBarack

October 29, 2012 at 11:14 pm

Once again, these brave men and women risk their lives to rescue others in dangerous circumstances. THESE are the people that Romney thinks deserve nothing.

68. 245 cman
    October 29, 2012 at 11:39 pm

have people seen this?

Face of building comes right off!

• 246 theo67
      October 30, 2012 at 1:44 am

Wow – the most amazing part was that the fire fighters rushed right into the building as soon as the front of the building came off. So brave! So scary…

69. 247 LDS
    October 29, 2012 at 11:40 pm

Hello everyone,
    I had to step away. Two strong old trees fell around my house and water flooded parked cars all along the street. Street lights were flickering on and off. Basement flooded, not too much damage. I will be up all night, can’t sleep. I am leaving Fri. to phone bank and canvass in PA 9:00 to 9:00 three days. Come back to NYC on Mon. To rest. Vote on Tues. and back to help out in PA on Tues.
    We must get PBO re-elected. As tired as I will be whatever strength I have left, I will do whatever I can. I am looking FOWARD to work hard to see he has four more years to finish what we started.

The storm is calmer now but so much damage and lives shaken. I am grateful still standing. Still here. My prayers tonight are for the families who had to go through this and have no lights and had to be moved from their homes.
    Thank you all for your prayers and concerns.
    Thank God we have a president who cares.

• 248 theo67
      October 30, 2012 at 1:45 am

Try and get a little sleep, LDS. Even if you just close your eyes, it’ll make a difference. High stress and no sleep is a bad combination.

70. October 29, 2012 at 11:42 pm