Oct

This and That

Tumblr

Thursday (all times ET)

9:20: President Obama departs the White House

10:35: Arrives Green Bay, Wisc.

10:40: Delivers remarks at a campaign event

11:45: Departs Green Bay

12:45: VP Biden delivers remarks at a campaign event at West Middle School in Muscatine, Iowa

4:15: PBO arrives Las Vegas

5:0: VP Biden delivers remarks at a campaign event at the Opera House at Fort Museum

5:10: PBO delivers remarks at a campaign event at Cheyenne Sports Complex in Las Vegas

6:25: Departs Las Vegas

7:55: Arrives Denver

9:0: Delivers remarks at a campaign event

(Will double-check these times in the morning)

Coming up:

President Obama and Bill Clinton will appear at rallies in Prince William County, Virginia and Concord, New Hampshire on Saturday

President Barack Obama and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie look at storm damage along the coast of New Jersey on Marine One, Oct. 31, 2012. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)

We take care of our own….

Gov Christie’s office

(Photo by Pete Souza)

Today’s campaign videos:

This is a hoot ….. :???:

Tumblr

195 Responses to “This and That”

1. October 31, 2012 at 11:19 pm

As one of my patrons/friends said: “This is what winning feels like”.

2. 8 pugeretto
    October 31, 2012 at 11:23 pm

Congrat LL – 6 days to go. didn’t realize PBO will be in Chicago on election night again. I was there 2008 – great memories.

3. 9 Dakota
    October 31, 2012 at 11:25 pm

This was comment that was posted under the NPR video of the little that was crying because she was tired of “Bronco Bamma” and Mitt “Romeney”:

I am a nanny and the other day one of the girls I was watching started tearing up after some presidential program geared for kids finished. The little girl comes up to me and starts balling saying “Mitt Romney scares me!” her sister then proceeded to chase her around the house yelling “Mitt Romney! Mitt Romney!” It was really sad but pretty hilarious at the same time… I tried my best to hold in my laughter

• 10 lisalovesobama
      October 31, 2012 at 11:27 pm

I about died laughing! I’m sorry, but this is HI-larious!!! :lol:

• October 31, 2012 at 11:32 pm

That little girls is giving us all a warning. “The little girl comes up to me and starts balling saying “Mitt Romney scares me!””

• 12 AnitaW
      October 31, 2012 at 11:43 pm

My 9 year old god-daughter told me she hopes the presidents gets relected because the other guy wants to get rid of their [kid] shows. She doesn’t watch Sesame Street anymore so I wasn’t sure what she was talking about. But she kept saying it over and over again so it seems an idea that is firmly entrenched with young kids. She finally asked his name and after I told her she said yeah, he doesn’t like kid programs. It was a little weird, but also a little funny.

• 14 Anna
      October 31, 2012 at 11:47 pm

This interesting, when visiting in Iowa this summer my great nephew, 7 years old said he did not like Romney because he was a ‘mean man’, hmmm. Children know.

• 15 utaustinliberal
      November 1, 2012 at 12:27 am

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA.

October 31, 2012 at 11:26 pm

You go girl!

October 31, 2012 at 11:30 pm

Gov Christie is liking the photos with PBO.

• 20 lisalovesobama
      October 31, 2012 at 11:33 pm

Oh dear God. This is insane. He’s making me very nervous. :shock: WTF is up with this bromance? Mommy Chips? I iz scared. :|

• October 31, 2012 at 11:39 pm

:lol: I iz ‘fused too Lisa. Me can only assume Christie is thinking ….. “Mmmmm….. 2016.” Or maybe he’s doing a mighty fine impression of a decent human being? Still trying to figure it out :???:

• 22 yardarm756
          October 31, 2012 at 11:47 pm

He has an election for Governor coming up soon. Wouldn’t surprise me if he switched parties.

• 24 utaustinliberal
          November 1, 2012 at 12:32 am

I just want to know WTF DID ROMNEY DO TO CHRIS CHRISTIE? It’s one thing to praise Pres. Obama (he has been doing a fantastic job) but it’s another to tweet about it every 5 minutes. The tweets aren’t just praises, they’re also subtle but pointed digs at Romney. I think Romney called Christie, looking for a photo-op and since Christie is NJ born and bred was probably deeply offended.

• 25 utaustinliberal
          November 1, 2012 at 12:35 am

p.s. Chips. How’d you like the thumping Chelsea delivered to Manchester United today? You STEAL from us – CROOKED REFEREE – we come back and CRUSH you.

• October 31, 2012 at 11:42 pm

Big ? WTF did Romney do to Christie? :-)

• 27 Lorraine
        October 31, 2012 at 11:47 pm

Maybe he is just tried of Romney’s lies!

• 30 Kreen
        November 1, 2012 at 12:27 am

Lisa pls stop making me LOL

November 1, 2012 at 3:45 am

People need to stop with all this bromance crap, and see this for what it is, Gov. Christie need President Obama help for his state, the people of his state and he is being respectful. I guess we are so used to Republicans being so disrespectful to the President, that we don’t know how to act when we see one not being that way. So put aside all this bromance B.S. please.

• 33 99ts
        November 1, 2012 at 1:14 am

The longer large parts of New Jersey stay without power – the sooner people will get really stressed out and turn on every politician – especially the governor. Living without power gets stressful very very quickly – and despite knowing that so many more are worse off – it doesn’t stop one feeling really really low.

Gov Christie knows this – the help he is getting from the president in terms of generators, fuel to run them and teams of folks flown in to get the power back on – is worth his weight (no pun intended) in gold X 1000 and more.

October 31, 2012 at 11:31 pm

Ms Chips, I’m noticing this new trend where you seem to think if you post a really late ‘new’ thread you can sleep late the next morning! That’s just not going to work for folk who like to turn in at a moderate time AND wake up with the sun, so what are you going to do about THAT? An inquiring mind would like to know.

• 35 lisalovesobama
      October 31, 2012 at 11:34 pm

Hahahahahahaha!!! Good catch, VC! :lol:

October 31, 2012 at 11:40 pm

Hello my dear LisaLoves, you finished your hallowe’en partying yet? So how much candy have you been eating? I’ve been chaperoning you with one eye for quite a while now. Problem is I was doing so while on the phone on a couple of VERY extended conversations so I couldn’t seriously follow what you guys were saying.. The upshot is I’ve missed most of the dialogue here while only half-heartedly participating in my phone convo. ;)

• 37 lisalovesobama
          October 31, 2012 at 11:54 pm

You didn’t miss much but the usual amk trying to corrupt us with his constant gambling and drinking. Chips and I have him in our prayers. Poor, dear man. SMH.

November 1, 2012 at 12:09 am

Are you sure it was Amk trying to corrupt you? Amk is on a business trip, sleeping peacefully en route and trying not to get too drunk in order to be clear-headed for business. Plus Amk doesn’t gamble. He assured me he has only two vices – a good drinker and a good sleeper

• 39 lisalovesobama
              November 1, 2012 at 12:19 am

No, no! He was on here an hour ago trying to solicit us into gambling! We were very virtuous and shunned his attempt at corruption! I said we would pray for his soul and his liver and he told me to suck it—- not really. He told me to hold on to my prayers while he goes out to run errands. Well I never! :x

November 1, 2012 at 12:37 am

WARNING: Personal comment, intended only for the named recipient /whispering VERY softly/ I saw that LisaLoves, trying to bet on FL, but I was hoping if I ignored it and appealed to his better nature that might bring out the good-er amk – self-fulfilling prophecy kinda thing, you know.
                —————————————-
                Okay, the rest of you can read now. Well, at least he didn’t say not to pray! There’s hope, I think.

• 41 lisalovesobama
                  November 1, 2012 at 12:38 am

Ha! Hope and prayer, VC. Hope and prayer! :)

• 43 amk for obama
                  November 1, 2012 at 4:04 am

who is this better natured amk you speak of, vc ? better nature and me are total strangers.

November 1, 2012 at 7:20 am

Good afternoon, friend Amk!
                    You’ve made my morning already! Step 1 in my 5-step plan has now been accomplished. (I’m following Mitt’s MO here – haven’t yet thought the plan through, but 5 seems like a likeable number. It has worked so well for him, you see. :roll: ) You’ve now acknowledged that your better nature exists. My/our next step (LisaLoves and I) is to introduce you to each other. The prayer you are now ready to receive might help here. LisaLoves, where are you? How reliable is your praying line to the answerer of prayers?

• 45 amk for obama
                November 1, 2012 at 3:58 am

Ok, Lisa. About that prayer you owe me……

• October 31, 2012 at 11:45 pm

“I’m noticing this new trend where you seem to think if you post a really late ‘new’ thread you can sleep late the next morning”

:lol: :lol: I’ve been rumbled!!!!

Truly VC, you are this place’s number one:

:lol:

October 31, 2012 at 11:56 pm

TY. :lol: So what’s up with that? /trying to distract me with compliments/ Is it your sweet little rationale that if we didn’t see the thread BEFORE we went to sleep we’ll be conned into accepting it as the ‘wake up’ thread. In the words of I can’t remember which Obot – ‘Not gonna work.’ Now, just so you know, I’m planning to wake up early tomorrow to try and catch up on what I missed today, AND to make an early sign in on the VERY EARLY ‘Rise and Shine’. IOW , you have my permission to retire now so that you’ll be up with the sun, no excuses. /sweetly/ BTW, thanks ever so much for this late night new thread – a nice treat for those currently moonlighting. :grin: :grin:

• October 31, 2012 at 11:57 pm

“…. the VERY EARLY ‘Rise and Shine’….”

:shock:

:???:

November 1, 2012 at 12:15 am

Okay. Alright. In consideration for your excellent and hard work today, you may sleep in till 8am, or even 8:30am. Rise and Shine 8:45-9am How’s that for reasonable? That sounds pretty fair and balanced to me as it gives you time for 8 hours of rest IF you head to the land of nod muy pronto.

• November 1, 2012 at 12:21 am

Well Mama Chips, I too noticed the extraordinarily late Rise and Shine thread that followed a late night one too. At first I was a tad worried something happened to ya, then I just figured you had other shit to do. :-D

Just curious: What happened to Dude who was supposed to backing you up? Guess he had other shit do too, huh? :-D :-D

7. October 31, 2012 at 11:37 pm
  8. October 31, 2012 at 11:43 pm

HAPPY HALLOWEEN YOU BUNCH O TOD NUTBALLS!!! Did any of you go trick r treating? We just got back.

9. October 31, 2012 at 11:59 pm

I went to President Clinton’s address in Eau Claire, WI tonight with a daughter, a college-age granddaughter and her boyfriend. Clinton was fantastic! There was only room for about 700 in the designated location and there were AT LEAST three times that many in line. I haven’t heard any numbers yet, just “overflow crowd” reports. So once those of us early in line (we were about 525+) were in the door the rest were gathered around outside and PBC went outside and addressed them for about 20 minutes. We couldn’t see him through the glass doors, but we could hear the crowd and see the camera flashes! Then he came inside and spoke to us for at least half an hour. I expect it was longer. He was really on a roll and he loves to talk! He addressed a variety of issues in such a basic, straightforward way that people that weren’t familiar with the issues were nodding their heads, cheering, and clapping. He was an absolutely stalwart champion of the president!!

We heard so many people talking about how his crew didn’t turn away those who couldn’t get in but went out — and it was COLD, in the 30′s — and spoke so that everyone could participate in the Obama event. This crowd was FIRED UP about voting for PBO.

10. 78 Jey
    November 1, 2012 at 12:15 am

Pickle48, glad to hear that you got to attend PBC’s address. Chips I hope that you will post a link/video of PBO’s and PBC’s address tomorrow. Thanking you in advance :) … btw, just so you know … my brother and cousin are also big fans of MU :).
    Have a good night everyone.

11. November 1, 2012 at 12:25 am

“9:20: President Obama departs the White House” – Will that be the last time he leaves the White House before the election? Will he be back anytime before Wednesday?

Kind of hard to believe the election is in five days…

• 80 theo67
      November 1, 2012 at 2:36 am

I got a pain in my heart reading that question – so nostalgic. After this election, we won’t be campaigning for President Obama again… It is so hard to believe the election is here already!

12. 81 LunarSea
    November 1, 2012 at 12:30 am

Hey O’Fam – So much to catch up on in my down time and still I am losing ground. By the time I watch the vids, follow the links and read up on the posts and pictures, I’m still way behind. Late to birthdays, life transitions, hospital emergencies, rallies, ridicule and out and out mayhem.

Love these interesting times we’re living in. Love all the positive energy that emanates from this site. Love the tireless energy of our energizer CiC and his wife and surrogates.

Most of all I love how slowly but surely our president is changing the collective consciousness in hearing that phrase “I’m from the government and I’m here to help you”. Hopefully Saint Ronnie is rolling over in his grave as this Pres systematically undoes his dastardly deed. Just another clean up job he’s had to do.

From Fla to Mo to Az to NJ and points in between, people are finally beginning to realize the government being here to help is just that and not some scary boogieman. Must be tearing the #GOPtaliban up inside. Ha! Suffer, you fools.

Off I go. Morning comes way too early. Thanks again for everyone’s tireless enthusiasm and staunch defense of the greatest president this country has ever seen.

(((((Hugs all around)))))

• 82 LunarSea
      November 1, 2012 at 12:42 am

oh and Beau Biden sounds just like his father

November 1, 2012 at 12:49 am

Well, LunarSea, what a beautiful little bit of poetry you just wrote for us tonight. I enjoyed reading that tremendously, and I think I’ll end my little late-night visit to TOD with those sweet words rolling around in my head (even the “Suffer, you fools” part, which made me laugh!).

Goodnight to you and TODville. Thanks for all of it, Chips! As Jimmy Buffet might say, somewhere it’s Nov. 1 (not quite yet, here), and only FIVE MORE DAYS until victory!

• 84 dudette9t9
      November 1, 2012 at 1:07 am

Excellent post LunarSea. Honey, you took the words right out of my scrambled, sleep-deprived brain and put them into brilliantly coherent and loving terms. I am forever grateful for the energy, passion, and wisdom you and all my TOD family inject into my life. Thank you! Bless you! {{{hugs right backatcha}}}

• 85 theo67
      November 1, 2012 at 2:46 am

I’m with you, Lunarsea. I’ve had to take three days off next week to immerse myself in election – and post election activities – just to keep up before his patch of excitement is done!

November 1, 2012 at 12:45 am

HAPPY HALLOWEEN.

14. November 1, 2012 at 12:53 am

We are going nuts in Florida. People can’t wait to vote!

15. November 1, 2012 at 12:58 am
  16. November 1, 2012 at 1:01 am

Another round of swing-state polls, this time from the Wall Street Journal, NBC News and Marist College, shows the president leading Mitt Romney by small but notable margins:

Mr. Obama holds a 49%-46% lead in Wisconsin among likely voters, half what it was two weeks ago, and a 49%-47% lead in New Hampshire, down from his lead of 7 percentage points there in September.

In Iowa, where Mr. Obama launched his presidential quest in 2007, the president holds a more formidable 50%-44% lead among likely voters, due in large part to outsize support among women and young voters. …

In a trend playing out in a number of swing states, Mr. Obama has built a lead among early voters in Iowa, with the poll showing him holding a 62% to 35% advantage among those who have already voted or plan to vote before Election Day. That contingent accounts for 45% of registered voters.

I don’t know many strategists who think Obama’s on the way to a blowout in Iowa. But the two campaigns have emphasized different sets of data this week that aren’t mutually exclusive: For Team Obama, the message has been that Romney’s trailing by small but consistent margins across the traditional swing states. For Team Romney, the message is that Obama’s lead in states once considered safely Democratic has diminished. Both of those things can be true at the same time, but they’re probably not equally significant in determining the outcome of the 2012 race.

• 91 jeff
      November 1, 2012 at 1:08 am

we’ll have to wait and see. It’s getting very close to election night!

• 92 nathkatun7
        November 1, 2012 at 5:13 am

I am sick and tired of all these polls. With 5-6 days before the election it’s time for pollsters to STFU and let the people alone so that they can go out there and cast actual votes. Just remember that in 2010 many pollsters predicted that Senator Harry Reid would lose in Nevada. Fortunately, Nevada voters had the final say. I feel myself blessed for never having been polled. I credit that to the fact that I don’t answer calls from “unknown” callers. Enough of these polls.

November 1, 2012 at 1:06 am

1:05!!! No, this is too much. Nitght/Morning Y’all! :lol:

18. November 1, 2012 at 1:08 am

Dear nathkatun7,
    This was posted in a previous thread and hope you see it and that you and your daughter will be together, soon:
    Thank YOU!

#TrustBarack

• 95 dudette9t9
      November 1, 2012 at 1:28 am

Dear Nath, I echo your sentiments about the outstanding job the President and Gov Christie are doing as leaders in time of crisis and as human beings who focus on what’s important when it counts – easing human suffering. I have an Aunt and number of cousins in Newark who are thankfully all safe, and coping admirably in this ordeal, at least for the moment. I’m so glad to know that your daughter is safe. I keep you both in my thoughts and prayers and all those affected by this enormous disaster.

• November 1, 2012 at 1:37 am

Lovely, dudette, totally Lovely

• 97 nathkatun7
        November 1, 2012 at 5:48 am

Thank you so much, Dudette. I hope your Aunt and cousins are well. Like you, I have family in all the states affected by Sandy– MD, D.C, NJ, NY, PA, CT and MA. Yesterday I was able to talk to all of them except my daughter. Thank God they were all O.K though undergoing severe hardships. When we finally hooked up with her (my daughter) we were all relieved. At this time my thoughts and prayers are focused on all the people affected by the storm. I am glad we have a President who knows what’s important in times like these — that’s is the well being of people, irrespective of politics. I don’t care what people may say, or are saying, about Chris Christie. As far as I am concerned, he revealed his true character as a human being in the face of a horrible catastrophe. I personally could care less about the views of comfortable arm chair pundits on television or on blogs who don’t have the responsibility of dealing with millions of people suffering from this terrible storm. My heroes at this time are the firefighters, doctors, coast guards, FEMA, and all the people, including neighbors, who extended a hand to help suffering people. My least concern are all the people obsessed with trying to reduce this human tragedy to the politics of who is up and who is down.

Once again, I deeply appreciate your kind words. I am sure you know by now how much I love you, your energy, your fearless tweets, and all the music you share with us.

• 98 nathkatun7
      November 1, 2012 at 5:20 am

Thank you so much Bobfr for your kindness and comforting words. I just posted my my response to you in the previous thread. My daughter (she is 31) will probably be with me during Christmas. Once again I deeply appreciate your kindness and the humanity you bring to everything you do.

November 1, 2012 at 1:12 am

night all…tomorrow DOES come early. Sleep tight. Will have those on the East Coast in my thoughts until they are made whole again.

20. 101 dudette9t9
    November 1, 2012 at 1:15 am
    • 102 nathkatun7
      November 1, 2012 at 5:52 am

Indeed! Congress under Nancy Pelosi and Sen. Harry Reid accomplished so much in the first two years of the Obama presidency. It would be great if we can re-elect the President and also elect a congress that would aid his agenda.

November 1, 2012 at 8:15 am

Morning Nath! Happy to hear that you have now made contact with all your family members. I want to add also that I love the beauty of our home place here, that when our focus gets blurred there is enough depth and character to our community that someone will reorient us, and that we will ‘hear’ the message. Thank you for the recent reminder, and thank you TODvill-ians for the response. Together under the steering of MS Chips we have built something good and lasting and meaningful here. Thanks guys & gals!

21. 104 dudette9t9
    November 1, 2012 at 1:35 am
  22. November 1, 2012 at 1:38 am

Oh boy!

23. 108 dudette9t9
    November 1, 2012 at 1:39 am
  24. November 1, 2012 at 1:49 am

OLYMPIA, Washington (Reuters) – Tea Party politician John Koster, the Republican nominee for a hotly contested congressional seat in Washington state, says he opposes abortions, even in cases of “the rape thing,” because it is tantamount to inflicting “more violence onto a woman’s body.”

The Snohomish County councilman made the comments during a weekend fundraising appearance in the Puget Sound city of Everett, north of Seattle, that was captured in a recording released on Wednesday by the liberal activist group Fuse Washington.

Long known as an opponent of abortion, even in cases of rape or incest, Koster was asked if there were any circumstances under which he would approve of terminating a pregnancy.

“When a mother’s life is in danger … I’m not going to make that decision,” he replied, before going on to talk about incest and rape.

“Incest is so rare, I mean, it’s so rare. But the rape thing, you know, I know a woman who was raped and kept her child, gave it up for adoption. She doesn’t regret it. In fact, she is a big pro-life proponent,”

• 110 jeff
      November 1, 2012 at 2:02 am

What an utterly disgusting, horrifying thing to say.

I was going to bring this up earlier as I read it on HP.

• 111 nathkatun7
      November 1, 2012 at 6:20 am

It is really sad that my fellow men feel entitled to determine what women should or should not do with their bodies and their health. I am even more perplexed that Republican male politicians are cavalier when it comes to the issue of rape. I grew up during a period when conceiving a child when you were not married was a sin. Unfortunately, it was the woman and not the man who paid the price with back alley abortions.

25. 113 dudette9t9
    November 1, 2012 at 1:51 am
  26. November 1, 2012 at 1:52 am
  27. 115 jeff
    November 1, 2012 at 2:00 am

Maddow slammed Romney for continuing his campaign and partisan attacks against the president during the crisis.

28. November 1, 2012 at 2:03 am
  29. November 1, 2012 at 2:10 am
  30. 118 dudette9t9
    November 1, 2012 at 2:10 am
  31. November 1, 2012 at 2:17 am

time for some rest …

#TrustBarack

32. 120 dudette9t9
    November 1, 2012 at 2:22 am
  33. 121 jeff
    November 1, 2012 at 2:33 am

Hmm my estimation of Christie has risen a little but I still don’t trust the guy.

34. 123 dudette9t9
    November 1, 2012 at 2:51 am

Okay, since that came up, I might as well…

Good Night everybody. Peace and Love.

35. 125 theo67
    November 1, 2012 at 2:55 am

I found it touching and highly impactful when the marina owner that President Obama was comforting asked him to promise that the Federal government would help. Who ever thought you could look a politician in the eye and ask him to promise to do something, and then believe him when he actually does promise? And Mr. Fugate came up and said they’ve visited several communities and the President has made promises to a few other people, and they’re taking note of those promises so they can make sure to fulfill them. You have to love President Obama.

36. 126 theo67
    November 1, 2012 at 3:08 am

Shouldn’t Romney – a former governor – have known some small facts about disaster recovery? Shouldn’t he have had some semblance of an idea what relief organizations like the Red Cross actually need in the immediate aftermath of a natural disaster? He is utterly incompetent.

• 127 carla4obama
      November 1, 2012 at 3:36 am

Theo..Romney should of but he doesn’t care. The thought of looking into what the Red Cross actually needs never crossed his mind I am certain. What crossed is mind is..what can I do to make it look like I care. A food drive photo op (staged with the help of his staff going to Walmart to set the stage) was the best he could come up with. Like Ryan walking in for his photo op. How the media lets these weasels slither through the gutter and never call them out is beyond me. He is a creep, a slimy creep, disguised as a real human. Why half of America can’t see that is beyond reason.

• 128 nathkatun7
      November 1, 2012 at 6:30 am

You ask a very important question, Theo. It seems to me that Mitt Romney is not running for President in order to improve the lives of Americans. Rather, he is running for President to add the title of President of U.S.A. to his other titles; and to fulfill the mission of his father. Whatever Mitt does it is all about Mitt Romney and not about the lives of Americans. That’s just my take on this guy. Sadly he knows that many Americans are easily manipulatable; especially when race is involved.

• 129 theo67
        November 1, 2012 at 11:33 am

There has to be something missing in the DNA of the people who can be so easily manipulated, who can’t seem to ask the next question after hearing Romney’s lies: How? What happens after you do ‘X’? What’s the impact to my life? How will that move the country forward?

There really is something missing in those people.

37. 130 necie4010
    November 1, 2012 at 6:43 am

Hello TOD family! I have not been here to post in a while, but I have been checking out the site EVERY day. I have been busy here in Ohio trying to help GOTV so that we can show Mitt and his “friends” that Ohio is much smarter than they think or believe we are. I also follow many of you on Twitter, but my hashtag there is necie5040! I know we here in Ohio are going to bring this home for our President, we will win! God bless all of you, I just wanted to let all of you know how wonderful and uplifting this site is. THANKS CHIPS FOR ALL YOU DO AND HAVE DONE to keep us all in the know during this election, and the President’s first term! You do not know how much I appreciate you, even if I do not get to come here and say it everyday! Much Love and Blessings to YOU and the Crew here at TOD! God bless you all!

November 1, 2012 at 7:39 am

High five, Necie! :lol: :lol: Much love and blessings to YOU and your colleagues in Ohio as you bring this home. Thank you for taking a moment to say ‘hi’. We are so with you mentally, virtually willing you all onwards. Those who can are physically with you and with other areas. Yes. We. Can! Next week this time we’ll still be dancing that Americans TOGETHER are truly taking their country #FORWARD! Please say a “TOD is with us“ to the other volunteers you work with over the next couple of days. Victory is close! Blessings!

38. 132 Niliathiel
    November 1, 2012 at 6:46 am

Semi-related questions, guys:
    How does election night go, coverage wise? I´ll be six hours ahead of Eastern time and if I dooon´t like the idea of going to bed Tuesday night and just check the news in the morning to see what happened. But since I have to work that next morning I was wondering from what point onwards things will be getting really interesting… as in when do the polls close, when can first predictions be expected? And I´m talking eastern time here. I was wondering whether to stay up completely (not the smartest idea seeing that cutting a night of sleep during school time is not tooo smart if you have to teach :P) or maybe sleeping till about 4 my time (10 pm eastern) and watch three hours of coverage till 1 am eastern before going to work.

Any ideas?

• 133 Esmerelda
      November 1, 2012 at 7:35 am

Well, I’m in the UK (5 or 4 hours ahead now the clocks have gone back?) and I remember bailing last year around 2.30am and having to wait till the next morning although things were looking pretty good when I went to sleep. This year, I’m lucky to have Wednesday morning free and to have discovered TOD so I’ll probably stay up and fall asleep right after we hit 270. Sorry I couldn’t be more help but you may be made of sterner stuff than me!

• 134 Esmerelda
        November 1, 2012 at 7:36 am

I meant last time not last year!

• November 1, 2012 at 8:07 am

Right now I´m five hours ahead of Eastern time because we had daylight savings last weekend, but I think the east coast has it this week if I´m not mistaken so I´d be back to six hours by then. Hm…well I teach from 7.45 to 12.20 Wednesday, i could still take a nap after that maybe :D I really don´t feel like missing out anything.

• 136 Grab a Mop Grace
      November 1, 2012 at 8:08 am

Nillathiel,
      Polls start closing at 8pm eastern and results start trickling in then.
      The deep blue and deep red states will be called right away, and the electoral college totals are sorta wacky at first, so don’t freak out right away. Florida, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Ohio are all Eastern time closes but will not be called right away since the races are close there. If Ohio gets called before 11pm, that’ll be really telling.
      At 11pm eastern, the West coast polls will close (8pm pacific time).
      In 2008, President Obama was declared the winner at around 11:01pm because California and it’s 55 EVs went to the President.
      I’m hoping for a repeat of all of the above!!!

Obama/Biden 2012

39. November 1, 2012 at 6:53 am

romney’s lax regulation may have fueled meningitis outbreak
    October 30, 2012

A meningitis epidemic that has killed 25 is linked to a Mass. company Romney’s administration failed to regulate

The fatal meningitis epidemic sweeping the United States can now be traced to the failure of then-Gov. Mitt Romney to adequately regulate the Massachusetts pharmaceutical company that is being blamed for the deaths.

At least 344 people in 18 states have been infected by the growing public health crisis and 25 have died so far.

But the epidemic may also play a role in the presidential campaign, now that state records reveal that a Massachusetts regulatory agency found that the New England Compounding Co., the pharmaceutical company tied to the epidemic, repeatedly failed to meet accepted standards in 2004 — but a reprimand was withdrawn by the Romney administration in apparent deference to the company’s business interests.

“It goes all the way up to Mitt Romney,” said Alyson Oliver, a Michigan attorney representing victims of the outbreak. According to Oliver, on at least six occasions, NECC was cited by authorities for failure to meet regulatory standards and almost subjected to a three-year probation. “It goes directly to the heart of what Romney says about regulation, ‘Hands off. Let the companies do their thing.’”

“When the person who is supposed to be in charge of oversight does not believe oversight is necessary, this is what happens,” Oliver added.

Source: Salon

40. November 1, 2012 at 6:59 am
  41. November 1, 2012 at 7:04 am

New Powell tv ad-

It’s because of Him, that the President has surged in these final Days. MSM completely ignores this, or will not report it.
    Ah, the Beltway bubble!

November 1, 2012 at 7:09 am

TODville, 7:09am and all is well!! G’Morning! Merely looking in to make a note of the real, true addicts. /smirk/ :grin: :grin:

43. 142 squarepeg
    November 1, 2012 at 7:13 am
    November 1, 2012 at 7:33 am
  45. November 1, 2012 at 7:56 am

Pissing off Rev Al, too…

• 145 utaustinliberal
      November 1, 2012 at 8:04 am

I saw it. I was watching because I heard Rev. Al was going to be on and he did not disappoint. He SHUTDOWN Rick Stengel’s nonsense. After Rev. Al was done, Stengel was quiet for like 5 seconds. It was stunning.

November 1, 2012 at 9:04 am

Thank goodness for Rev. Al. Anytime you can endorse a liar like Mitt Romney, it speaks volume as to what kind of person you are.

46. November 1, 2012 at 8:01 am

Cross fingers!

November 1, 2012 at 8:03 am
  48. November 1, 2012 at 8:04 am

Chrysler sales for October, increased 10%!

November 1, 2012 at 8:05 am

Mitt Romney wonders why he’s losing. Here’s one more reason. Pathetic Desperation.

November 1, 2012 at 8:13 am

More good news.

51. November 1, 2012 at 8:31 am

Boy, they are all gushing with praise about Robney this morning, making excuses for him.
    Only five more days of this Shit, and then I am going to spend the better part of 2013 rubbing it in their faces.

November 1, 2012 at 8:33 am
  53. November 1, 2012 at 8:33 am

U.S. Economy Added 158,000 Private-Sector Jobs in October, According to ADP National Employment Repo

November 1, 2012 at 8:34 am
  55. 161 forus50
    November 1, 2012 at 8:36 am
  56. November 1, 2012 at 8:42 am

the media outlet have got together and have started pushing the anger is rising in the people affect by Sandy to block the postive obama news

• 163 99ts
      November 1, 2012 at 8:54 am

Talk of folks being “bored” – after 2 days! – I’ve had to live cut off by floods for a week with no power – if this gets you “bored” you were there to begin with. It’s no fun but it’s a time to join with family and neighbors and care about people. So we lost the internet and cell phones and TV – we had a radio & we had family and friends.

Wherever you are listening – they just want a race next Tuesday night – those without power have no idea as to what is being said/discussed. They’ll refute it at the polls.

57. November 1, 2012 at 8:42 am

125k adp jobs added, jobless claims decrease 9k to 363k.

But…

• 165 57andfemale
      November 1, 2012 at 9:11 am

158,000, right?

RW heads will certainly explode because ADP has ‘changed its methodology’. According to the explanation I just read, the ADP number should actually be lower, more in sync with BLS numbers. BLS almost always adjusts up, and ADP adjusts down; so the new methodology should bring the numbers closer together and with less adjustment volatility.

If that’s true, this is a fantastic result. Peeling Scarborough’s exploding head off the wall is just gravy.

Of course, all we’ll hear is “adjusted the methodology to help PBO.”

58. 166 Jessica
    November 1, 2012 at 8:43 am

Is anyone concerned about PBO losing popular vote because of NY and NJ.

• 167 99ts
      November 1, 2012 at 8:47 am

Quite the opposite – where do such ideas cime from

November 1, 2012 at 8:49 am

Jessica, if he still is the President, then no I am not concern.

• November 1, 2012 at 8:54 am

I have no concern about that. People will be voting on election day.

• 171 forus50
      November 1, 2012 at 8:55 am

My guess (only a guess) is that NY will be be able to conduct elections and people will be able to vote there in Lower Manhattan given that their polling location is within walking distance and things will be reasonably restored by Tuesday. The NJ area that is flooded – no idea what they will do – maybe they will arrange hundreds and hundreds of buses to one huge centralized polling location. If they can’t get these people without homes to the polls then it will affect the numbers. Not sure if it will be enough for Obama to lose the popular vote. However the good news there is that there will be a rational explanation if that does happen.

I would like the Obama campaign to put a big big emphasis on GOTV on solid blue/non swing states just for purposes of the popular vote. But I trust what they are doing so maybe they have this all figured out already, lol.

• 172 57andFemale
        November 1, 2012 at 9:02 am

I’ve been tweeting every day — there is no such thing as a ‘safe’ state in this election. Down ticket races are critical, as is the popular vote,particularly after Sandy.

EVERYONE has to vote.

• 173 forus50
          November 1, 2012 at 9:07 am

I agree – here in Illinois I’ve been telling all my friends their vote DOES count and they MUST VOTE!!!

November 1, 2012 at 9:13 am

forus50, That is something we can all do, encourage folks to get out and vote. Keep encouraging everyone you can, go vote, your vote matter and POTUS need your vote.

• 175 57andfemale
            November 1, 2012 at 9:13 am

I’m here in Chicago and that’s what I’m preaching as well.

• November 1, 2012 at 9:07 am

I could care less about the popular vote.

• 177 57andfemale
        November 1, 2012 at 9:14 am

Why?!?!

• November 1, 2012 at 9:22 am

Electoral college elects presidents.

• 179 57andfemale
            November 1, 2012 at 9:42 am

If PBO were to lose the popular vote (and I don’t think he will) it will make the last four years seem like good governance. It’s important. Yes, PBO would be President, but it would result in complete, vehement chaos. there would be a ‘legitimacy’ to the obstruction. A veritable nightmare.

• 180 Jessica
        November 1, 2012 at 9:30 am

I care about popular vote because I don’t want people to think there vote doesn’t matter. It’s not a good look to lose popular vote and win electoral vote in my opinion.

• 182 Obama Grandmama
      November 1, 2012 at 2:49 pm

Actually, being a worrywart I have worried that if NY, NJ and other states are not back to functioning normally by Tuesday there could be people unable to vote due to circumstances they cannot control. I even wondered if people could be annoyed with not being back yet and protest by not voting or voting for the other guy. NY and NJ are usually Blue and would contribute a lot of votes to PBO under normal circumstances this could affect the popular vote numbers.

November 1, 2012 at 8:49 am

Awesome news.

November 1, 2012 at 8:58 am
      November 1, 2012 at 9:10 am

Best October sales since 2007 for Chrysler, good news. can only imagine what things would be like if President Obama hadn’t support the Auto bailout.

61. 186 lisalovesobama
    November 1, 2012 at 9:04 am

How is everyone this morning? Good I hope.

62. November 1, 2012 at 9:08 am

check this out on youtube it’s great
    LET’S RE-ELECT HIM

63. 188 ourmanflint
    November 1, 2012 at 9:16 am

Mornin’ everybody! Hoping for a great day on the stump for PBO. Thanks Chips and TOD family

November 1, 2012 at 9:17 am

Morning! What nice news to wake up to this morning:) Cars are lovin’ PBO….employment lovin’ PBO…..and this:)

The 2012 presidential campaign has been premised on the notion that voters faced the greatest choice in a generation. Vastly different candidates, enormous consequences.

The premise took hold in large part because Republicans spent 2011 and 2012 building party- and movement-wide support for a policy platform — Paul Ryan’s budget — that called for a radical restructuring of Medicare, and deep cuts to nearly all of the government’s domestic functions, to finance much lower taxes on wealthy Americans.

But that agenda seemed politically viable because for most of the race (and for good reason) because the conventional wisdom held that if Romney won, it would be on a Republican wave sizable enough to sweep the party into control of the Senate.

That conventional wisdom has recently fallen apart. Today, all major polling aggregators forecast that Democrats will keep a majority of the Senate no matter who wins the presidency. And that’s badly damaged the GOP’s hope of making sweeping policy change

I hope that everyone that goes out to help GOTV, everyone that makes calls, and all of us that talk to friends and neighbors between now and Tues…talk about the urgency of voting straight Dem ticket!! I want to give these lunatics a wake up call that hurts for years!! We don’t want what they’re trying to pawn off on America!! I want the Republicans HUMILIATED next Tues!!!!!!!!!!!! They can come back when they moderate their views, purge themselves of the Tea Party stench,get rid of the Koch’s, Norquist, Armey. and all the others…..until then, game on! I want to crush them.

65. 190 JER
    November 1, 2012 at 9:17 am

Live | President Obama departs for Wisconsin | http://www.cbsnews.com/liveFeed/widget.shtml

November 1, 2012 at 9:18 am

Whoa……what is in the air?

67. 193 Don
    November 1, 2012 at 9:27 am

Stephanie Cutter is on with Chuck Todd right now.

68. 194 carolyn
    November 1, 2012 at 9:27 am

Regarding Michigan’s votes, I read Eclectablog rather regularly. The publisher a few days ago talked about the GOTV and ground game in his state. He is very active, and knows what’s going on in the state. From what I read, the true blue parts of Michigan are Detroit, Flint, Ann Arbor, Lansing…..Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo not so much. Also, this time Michael Moore’s working on GOTV, not sitting it out. Debbie Stabenow has a gangbusters organization in Michigan too. Union workers know who is for them.

69. November 1, 2012 at 9:29 am

Good morning, TODville. I hope everyone is safe and sound.

PBO’s schedule for the days ahead:

THU — WI, NV, CO