Nov

Countdown to Four More Years

OFA

Friday (all times ET):

10:20: President Obama delivers remarks at Franklin County Fairgrounds in Hilliard, Ohio

12:15: VP Biden delivers remarks at Aldrich Middle School in Beloit, Wis.

12:55: President Obama delivers remarks at Springfield High School, Ohio

3:20: President Obama delivers remarks at Lima Senior High School in Lima, Ohio

5:00: VP Biden delivers remarks at Superior Middle School

6:40: President Obama arrives at the White House

Michelle Obama campaigns at Hampton University and Virginia State University

President Bill Clinton campaigns in Fort Myers, Palm Beach, Palm Bay, St. Petersburg and Tallahassee, Florida

(Will check times tomorrow)

Saturday:

President Obama will hold campaign events in Mentor, Ohio; Milwaukee, Wisconsin; Dubuque, Iowa and Bristow, Virginia.

President Bill Clinton will campaign in Chesapeake and Roanoke and then join President Obama and Dave Matthews for an evening grassroots event in Bristow.

Vice President Biden will campaign in Pueblo and Arvada, Colorado.

Sunday:

The President will campaign in Concord, New Hampshire; Ft. Lauderdale, Florida; Cincinnati, Ohio and Aurora, Colorado.

Monday:

President Obama will spend the final day of the campaign in Madison, Wisconsin; Columbus, Ohio; and Des Moines, Iowa. He will kick off the day in Madison, where he will be joined by Bruce Springsteen, who will perform and introduce the President. The President and Springsteen will then travel to Columbus, where they will be joined by JAY Z, who will follow Springsteen on stage and introduce the President after his performance. The President will end his final day of campaigning in Des Moines, where he will be joined by First Lady Michelle Obama following a third performance by Bruce Springsteen. The President and First Lady will end their last 2012 campaign swing in the state that launched the President’s successful campaign four years ago before returning home to Chicago.

VP Biden will hold a rally in Virginia with his wife Jill.

(I’m missing a bunch of events, I think, will update tomorrow)

Let’s do this.

235 Responses to “Countdown to Four More Years”

1. 1 miss pat
    November 1, 2012 at 10:47 pm

Where is everybody?

2. 24 Proud Former White House Intern
    November 1, 2012 at 10:47 pm

Forward

3. 25 yardarm756
    November 1, 2012 at 10:47 pm

tOP 10.

4. 31 goldendreamer
    November 1, 2012 at 10:50 pm

OBAMA 2012!!!

5. 32 Kreen
    November 1, 2012 at 10:51 pm

Gosh Chips i was so sure i would be first on his new post! Oh well…top 10 nonetheless!

6. 33 yardarm756
    November 1, 2012 at 10:52 pm
  7. November 1, 2012 at 10:52 pm

Chips you’re ON FIRE tonight!

November 1, 2012 at 10:53 pm

Four more days to four more years.

I am way ahead of you all.

9. November 1, 2012 at 10:53 pm

so, apparently I had the wrong twitter addy for CC – here is the right one:

10. 63 yardarm756
    November 1, 2012 at 10:54 pm
  11. November 1, 2012 at 10:54 pm
  12. November 1, 2012 at 10:57 pm

This one is better too –

13. 77 dudette9t9
    November 1, 2012 at 10:57 pm
  14. 78 vitaminlover
    November 1, 2012 at 10:58 pm

President Obama and Vice-President Biden are the BOMB!

15. November 1, 2012 at 11:00 pm

You know what ‘you people’, you’re all seriously the best – jeez, even Amk. We’re going to do this, love ya all intensely!

November 1, 2012 at 11:00 pm

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much to catch up on today! I feel like I missed a year’s worth of info! Thank you, Chips for all you do:) You have been FIRED UP here and so quick with the posts lately that I may get a permanent case of whiplash!
    Had to check on my family in CT to make sure that they were ok after the storm….GF and her husband came out here to soak up some sunshine and spent the day lounging by the pool at their resort. I’ll see them tomorrow night…..food and lots of drinks will be involved:) My best friend from high school and college…..can’t wait to see her!

I love this President. I have the same feeling that lisa does. Just a realization and peace that rushes over me…I will not be complacent, I will not stop, I will not really rest until the race is called and the votes are in…but I feel pretty peaceful, I must say. The truth always wins. Always.

Taking election day off work. Will be down at OFA all weekend. We have work to do…and I ALWAYS finish what I start! We’re not done making this country better for ALL AMERICANS!

Love you family. I’ll be around, but I have to say that my eyes are getting sleepy…might have to retire early…..thanks to all of you for all the great links and info today! NEVER SHOPPING AT HOME DEPOT AGAIN!! Is Lowe’s safe?? I like to go to my local Ace Hardware, but they don’t have everything…..

• November 1, 2012 at 11:08 pm

Hiya DF, great to hear your family in CT are okay. Go sleep right now, we need your Energizer Bunny skills up to Tuesday!

• November 1, 2012 at 11:13 pm

Lowe’s isn’t quite as bad, I don’t think. No definite proof but seems in the back crevices of my mind I remember reading something the CEO said or did that was the typical RWNJ. With that said, we shop at Lowe’s often (NEVER Home Depot) because a number of years ago when our church was in a bidding war with two local car dealers to purchase Lowe’s old store building when they built a new one, the CEO and his BOD accepted our bid–by far the lowest! Our church would NEVER be what it is today and what it does for this community and region if not for that. Turns out that CEO is an active UM and there was a connection with our senior pastor and the CEO’s pastor. So, yes, connections helped, but we are so grateful for those connections and always give Lowe’s our business.

• 93 a4alice
      November 1, 2012 at 11:13 pm

I’m with ya DF. Ppl here in MN are fired up and ready to go! We’ve been practicing for GOTV and now it’s here – starting tomorrow! Volunteering through Election Day – going to the big party downtown to watch the numbers come in, throw confetti when the RIGHT MAN wins (that would be PBO, ie.) and then! Poof. I’m gonna sleep for a couple of days. And then? Clean. This. House. ;-)

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

(nitey nite TOD)

November 1, 2012 at 11:04 pm

So nate has upped the ev from 300 to 303 while I napped. You’re getting there son. You can do it and reach my 343 if you try hard.

18. 108 99ts
    November 1, 2012 at 11:09 pm

Hi Everyone

just got back from the “driving folks around” morning – think I know the location of every medical centre within 25 miles of me

The photos are wonderful – thank you so much.

I read last night (in my world) morning Joe getting his just rewards – and this is all sounding like deja vu to me – I remember being so worried in 2008 – suddenly things started falling into place – the republicans started attacking every pollster on the planet & Palin got nastier and nastier on the stump & the MSM kept trying to make a match out of McCain’s defeat.

The world is so behind PBO – hope his voice holds up in these last few days.

19. 113 dudette9t9
    November 1, 2012 at 11:09 pm
    November 1, 2012 at 11:10 pm

As you guys know by now, I’m always finding STRANGE things in my email whenever I remember to check it. I went in just now and found something you might like. It’s a card of some sort. :roll:

• 116 57andfemale
      November 1, 2012 at 11:20 pm

This is the best e-card company out there, and dirt cheap to subscribe.

November 1, 2012 at 11:25 pm

Did you like the bouquet?
        I have never sent an e-card myself as the one time I tried, ages and ages ago, maybe even years, it seemed too complicated. I thought this was cute, tho long.

• 118 57andfemale
          November 1, 2012 at 11:55 pm

It’s uber-easy to send these cards. They have grown in complexity through the years. People love them. I resisted the idea of e-cards for the longest time, but often found my best intentions of getting a card in the mail was not always successful. this way I send express my sentiments when I think of it – getting good wishes passed along is more important than the method.

She now has ‘note cards’ where you can write a really nice, personal message although all of the cards can be personalized easily. Birthdays can be saved; you can send out a quick holiday greeting to everyone on your list. I love this site, and I get great compliments on these cards.

November 1, 2012 at 11:59 pm

57F, I just might put the link on the back burner and look into it later….after next Tuesday. After all, I am more tech savvy now that I would have been the one time I tried. We’ll see.

November 1, 2012 at 11:47 pm

A little too flowery for me, CC, but hey, there are days I acknowledge that I’m not the only one in the world, which is why I shared instead of simply deleting.

21. 122 joyfulmeme
    November 1, 2012 at 11:10 pm

Just watched the President on CSPAN in Boulder. Great speech. Very positive and forward. Listened to callers after the speech. The callers for Romney are absolutely clueless. I’m stunned. The GOP propaganda machine has some folks brainwashed. Words used to describe Romney; honest, and stands for up what he believes. What planet have they been living on? Geez! These folks are scary.

22. November 1, 2012 at 11:13 pm
  23. 129 DIVASMOM
    November 1, 2012 at 11:15 pm

Hey, people I survived the huricane. Want to thank everyone for there thoughts and prayers for us Atlantic City folk. Just about 10 minutes ago my lights came back on. Want to thank TOD for my news resource on my phone. Had to treck to local stores to charge phone to get this web site. Thank you all very much.

November 1, 2012 at 11:18 pm

Happy you survive the storm and happy to hear the lights are back on.

• 131 99ts
      November 1, 2012 at 11:25 pm

So glad you have power back – all seems so much better when the lights are on. You have some great folks getting things organized

• 132 theo67
      November 1, 2012 at 11:30 pm

Welcome back, and thank heavens you survived the storm! And good thinking to get right on TOD and let us know you’re in one piece. Lots to catch up on here. Stay safe!

November 1, 2012 at 11:44 pm

YEA!!! Glad that you’re ok…thinking of ALL of you! Be kind to one another. It’s going to be a long haul to get back to normal.

November 1, 2012 at 11:17 pm

A Televangelist a Rabbi and a Hindu holy man, had car trouble in the countryside and asked to spend the night with a farmer. The farmer said: “There might be a problem; you see, I only have room for two to sleep, so one of you must sleep in the barn.”

“No problem,” chimed the Rabbi, “My people wandered in the desert for forty years, I am humble enough to sleep in the barn for an evening.” With that he departed to the barn and the others bedded down for the night. Moments later a knock was heard at the door; the farmer opened the door, there stood the Rabbi from the barn. “What’s wrong?” asked the farmer. The Rabbi replied, “I am grateful to you, but I can’t sleep in the barn. There is a pig in the barn and my faith believes that this is an unclean animal.”

His Hindu friend agrees to swap places with him. But a few minutes later the same scene reoccurs. There is a knock on the door, “What’s wrong, now?” the farmer asks. The Hindu holy man replies, “I too am grateful for your helping us out but there is a cow in the barn and in my country cows are considered sacred. I can’t sleep on holy ground!”

Well, that leaves only the Televangelist to make the change. He grumbled and complained, but went out to the barn. Moments later there was heavy banging on the farmers door accompanied with some rude ussing. Frustrated and tired, the farmer opens the door, and there stood the pig and the cow.

25. 143 collegekay
    November 1, 2012 at 11:18 pm

Getting the jitters. We’re so close to victory. I’ll be in VA this weekend with about 200 college students knocking on doors and making phones to keep VA blue. FORWARD!

• November 1, 2012 at 11:53 pm

Wow, that’s great. THANK YOU. I know what you mean about the jitters but WE WILL WIN.

• 145 FoxfireTX
      November 1, 2012 at 11:53 pm

Yay for you CK! Will you get to the rally with Bill and Barack Sat night? I wish I could be doing more. I have avoided calling VA this week because of the storm but it may be time to phonebank that state again. Thanks for all of your work and have fun! Forward!

26. 146 99ts
    November 1, 2012 at 11:23 pm

Can’t believe the twits hating on Gov Christie – twitter may implode next Wednesday when PBO wins in a landslide

• 147 Lovepolitics2008
      November 1, 2012 at 11:38 pm

I’m afraid Gov Christie will pay a big political price , like Charlie Christ did, for being so complimentary of President Obama. The republican party is profoundly sick. And the root of the problem is the propaganda machine who has exacerbated the fear and the hate. Maybe the big money people behind that machine will finally wake up and pull the plug on hate radio and hate tv (Fox). They have created a monster and have lost control over it.

• 148 Smoothscotch
      November 2, 2012 at 12:52 am

Yes, yes, landSLIiiDE.

27. 149 lamh35
    November 1, 2012 at 11:23 pm

night guys.

so basically Dems are banking more first time registered voters than GOP. Voters who missed the likely voters screen. so if Obama gets his likely voters to the polls and the new first time registered voters then he can win Florida right?

Democrats Pulling In Sporadic Florida Voters

“A Democratic operative sent the Tampa Bay Times some data on the early vote in Florida so far “to make the point that President Obama is crushing Mitt Romney when it comes to banking the votes of sporadic and infrequent voters before election day.”

“So far more than 3 million Floridians have cast a ballot by absentee, mail-in ballot or in-person early vote ballot. Democrats lead by more than 60,000 votes, but it’s the unlikely voter numbers that jump out: Of the nearly 414,000 Floridians who did not vote in the last three general elections, Democrats have an advantage of more than 53,000 votes. Of the more than 482,000 Floridians who have only voted in one of the last three general elections, Democrats lead by more than 77,000 — a total of” more than 132,000.”

28. 151 criquet
    November 1, 2012 at 11:23 pm

GOTV . Yeah!!!

29. November 1, 2012 at 11:25 pm

Nothing like good tandoori chicken, rice pullao, good naan, all washed down with a quite decent French bordeaux. #Bliss

30. 165 Joy
    November 1, 2012 at 11:26 pm

I spent 20 mins listening to Ann Romney today in what she says is her last speech before election day. What I got from it was she was giving her concession speech as becoming a First Lady. She knows she will never see it and she finished it once again by telling her crowd this
    “I told mitt i would never campaign again, and he said, yeah, thats what you said with all of our children”
    What I got from this was 2 things…
    1. She said this over a month ago, and on the view, that this is it for her.
    2. If she thought they even had a chance to win, why would she say such words? Because we all know that she would have to be campaigning again in 2016 for a 2nd term.

• 166 daisydem
      November 1, 2012 at 11:34 pm

I did not listen to her, but what I get from your report of it is 1. She never had a choice about campaigning; she does not like it, and she is saying she won’t do it again, but of course, if he were fool enough to run again for anything, she probably would. Hasn’t her role been minimized this time since about 1/3 of the way through? and 2. She never had a choice about the number of children; and she may have voiced not having any more after one or more pregnancies, but she had no say in it at all. There was no family planning, only Mitt planning!

• 170 theo67
      November 1, 2012 at 11:37 pm

Except, of course, they have flip-flopped on this story, as well. Mitt has been caught on record stating that Ann is the one who forced him to run, telling him “talk to the hand” when he tried to point out the pros and cons. Apparently, she thought he was the only one who could defeat President Obama and “save the country” [presumably, from the black man and his people].

• 178 miss pat
      November 2, 2012 at 12:09 am

Queen Anne would not last a minute as first lady. She has an auto-immune disease and some days she can barely get out of bed. She did say she tires easily and have to take time off to rest. Trust me, she has flare-ups and stress brings them on. So, she better take a seat and let the current first lady carry on the good work she started. She can ride her horse, and she can ride in her new car elevator because she is not going to the White House.

31. 179 goldendreamer
    November 1, 2012 at 11:31 pm

Yeah I know I’m pretty much talking to a wall here, but I don’t care: I SENT IN MY EARLY BALLOT TODAY!!! WOOT I’M EXCITED!!!

November 2, 2012 at 12:05 am

BTW Ms Chips, there was a personal message left for you on the ‘Heads up: Green Bay’ thread, comment #12 I believe. I think you ought to check it out.

32. 185 theo67
    November 1, 2012 at 11:34 pm

The same week that Hurricane Sandy hit, the stock market is back on a huge rise. I have to blame President Obama’s strident leadership for that – no panic; just calm.

33. 187 PoliticalJunkessa
    November 1, 2012 at 11:35 pm

And DOWN THE STRETCH we go! So hard to believe that we’re only 5 days away from Election Day, it’s almost surreal! :shock:

34. 188 joyfulmeme
    November 1, 2012 at 11:39 pm

Hail Obama is trending on twitter. Anyone know what that’s about. Rumor has it “Hail Obama” was yelled at a Michele event in FL today,

• 189 theo67
      November 1, 2012 at 11:42 pm

Another right wing lunatic? Let them rail and gnash their teeth – she’s still the First Lady, and will continue to be so for another four years. (Or eight, since a “third term” is the latest conspiracy theory from the right wing).

• 190 HZ
        November 1, 2012 at 11:57 pm

Hi TOD Family, hope all is well with everyone. I am tired but I had to check in. Worked with a delightful group today and talked with some great people during phonebanking. I am beat. This old lady is pulling some late afternoons with the young ones.

I have to get a shot tomorrow, but will also get some rest in order to get permission from doctor to be able to work with a group doing two shifts on Sat. and possibily Sun. Pray for me.

I received an email from headquarters to try to get 5 friends to donate to my FR Page in the next five days. Anyone up for that, I sure would appreciate it very much. Here you go:

(((((((( Thanks my beautiful family.))))))))))HZ

• 191 nathkatun7
          November 2, 2012 at 1:33 am

Hi, HZ! I am coming here late, but before I came to read the comments I had donated a little to your and Donna Dem’s FR pages. It must have been some strong spirit directing me to do that. BTW, thank you so much for your kind and caring words about my frantic concern for my daughter. She is safe, though, like most people in New York and New Jersey and other places, she is still coping with the hardships caused by the storm. I deeply appreciated your words of comfort.

Thank you so much for all you are doing to help re-elect this special man, our President.

• 192 57andfemale
        November 2, 2012 at 12:15 am
  35. 195 theo67
    November 1, 2012 at 11:45 pm

It strikes me that, as I see the media fascination with the display of bipartisanship, and the reports of the exponentially increasing number of major storms that will continue to occur in the coming years – how awesome is it that President Obama is ready to sign on for a second term! After the horrific way he’s been treated – by the GOP, the media, many Americans – and the major issues he’s had to solve, with nary a thank you in return… It’s amazing to me that he’s ready to do four more years of this. He must get the credit for what he’s done. He must win.

• 196 99ts
      November 1, 2012 at 11:51 pm

I find it a little sad that he has NOT had the time to implement all that is good about his plans and ideals. His first term started with a massive economic failure & his second with a massive climate event. The latter may do him much more good than bad – but it still puts a compulsory part into government expenditure.

• 197 theo67
        November 1, 2012 at 11:59 pm

It’s a testament to his fortitude and persistence (and optimism) that he accomplished the ground-breaking legislation that he did. Health care reform. Financial reform. The auto bailout. Ending wars. Investment in energy, green technologies, education. Fuel efficiency standards, designating national lands, protecting and honoring the treaties with the First Nations. Continue to increase trade agreements. And the reality is that he could do nothing more and just spend his second term flawlessly executing against his massive accomplishments and it would still leave this country leaps ahead of where we are now. All I can see in his second term that remains to do is climate change legislation, immigration and ending the war in Iraq – and of course, more on education. And in his second term, he can expand on minority programs – to level the playing field a little more. A lot of his second term – once the deficit talks are done – could actually be accomplished without a lot of involvement from Congress.

• 198 99ts
          November 2, 2012 at 12:27 am

You have it all at your fingertips – I would only add there could be more foreign issues resolved in his second term as well – I hope whoever takes over from him in 2016 uses PBO wisely for the future of world peace. The world sees the US much differently with President Obama in charge.

• 200 yardarm756
      November 1, 2012 at 11:52 pm

I’m with on that but I’m a bit ambivalent ’cause the office has aged the hell outta him. It’s scary.

36. November 1, 2012 at 11:53 pm

Good evening TOD. Missed the whole days news and events. Cannot believe Bloomberg and Starbucks CEO came out today and endorsed the President. We definitely have the momentum back! Very exciting,

• 208 amk for obama
      November 1, 2012 at 11:56 pm

starbucks ceo ? wasn’t he into obama bashing till recently ? Guess he had his own come-to-jesus-christie moment.

• 209 majiir
        November 2, 2012 at 12:03 am

I read on another blog a little while ago, amk, that his company has earned huge profits since PBO took office. His endorsement means that he knows PBO is good for American businesses.

• 210 57andfemale
        November 2, 2012 at 12:14 am

He was bitching about providing health insurance.

• 211 Joy
        November 2, 2012 at 12:20 am

You are so right, what an effing asswhipe…another idiot trying to win and make money off of PBO. Quite frankly, I hate starbucks coffee. Canadian starbucks are always empty here. Their coffee tastes like shit as far as I’m concerned. They have this wifi thing going on for their customers which attracts people in big cities. The price here in Canada for a cup of coffee is insane with starbucks.

• 212 99ts
          November 2, 2012 at 12:29 am

I don’t like their coffee in my world either – I love really small cups of strong espresso – but given he is supporting PBO – I might try them again – just the once.

37. 213 57andfemale
    November 1, 2012 at 11:56 pm

tense day, too much wine. Took a nap. Did I miss anything?

November 1, 2012 at 11:56 pm

Folks get your cell phones out, I wanna know: Is the media obsessed with the President? Text A for yes, B for no.

39. 222 globalcitizenlinda
    November 2, 2012 at 12:02 am

Okay,

One quick personal one from Columbus Ohio.

A few minutes ago, I was in traffic just getting home on High Street ( read Columbus’ main street). Heard someone honking loudly in my side. I looked on the car beside me and a middle-aged guy pointed at me & then to the back of my car (full of O-2012 stickers) and made a thumbs up and victory sign and smiled very widely as he chatted with the ppl in his car. Of course I made same signs back.

reason I mention this is that this gentleman was from the demographic that media has been telling us does not support PBO – he was a middle-aged white guy with 2 kids in the car. the kids where also very excited to make the same victory signs to me a black woman. I was not even paying attention to them previously because I was busy checking out my litmus test which is the PBO yard signs of the houses I passed in this Ultimate Swing State.

that my friends is PBO’s coalition. keep calling and knocking on doors and we will finish with a victory for PBO as in 2008. One vote at a time

40. 225 lisalovesobama
    November 2, 2012 at 12:04 am

For your entertainment, a special rendition of one f my favorite movies!

41. 227 57andfemale
    November 2, 2012 at 12:06 am

More facts to make RWNJ heads explode:

42. November 2, 2012 at 12:06 am
  43. 233 globalcitizenlinda
    November 2, 2012 at 12:36 am

a quick non-professional explainer about PBO’s Ohio itenary tommorrow – for those who are interested in reading the tea-leaves based on the campaign’s actions.

Hilliard is a surburb of Columbus Ohio. it is one of those areas that are growing very fast. Population is largely solid middle class to high middle class and has done well during this recession (based on reports this is usually republican-leaning??). reports are that it now has a significant number of immigrants who are mainly professionals with noticeable higher incomes, many from the Asian diaspora .

Spingfield and Lima are smaller towns . they are not the usual dem-strongholds

Once again it appears that PBO will be campaigning on gop-leaning turf and also looking for undecided voters in Ohio .

November 2, 2012 at 12:36 am