Nov

Rise and Shine – and Heads Up: President Obama in Ohio

10:20 ET: President Obama delivers remarks at Franklin County Fairgrounds in Hilliard, Ohio

C-Span * CBS * CNN

Steve Benen: …. the figures offer good economic news for the American people, and good political news for President Obama. The U.S. economy created 171,000 jobs in October, far more than expected, while American businesses created 184,000 jobs – the best month for the private sector since February.

The overall unemployment rate ticked slightly higher, to 7.9%, but that’s the result of a positive trend – more Americans entered the workforce, which is exactly what we’d hope to see in an improving economy.

Even more encouraging, the new report revised job totals from August and September, and both were updated in a good direction, adding a combined 84,000 ….. so far in 2012 (which still has two months to go), the economy has created over 1.56 million jobs, which is already better than five of the eight years of the Bush/Cheney era.

Full post here

Boulder, November 1 (Scout Tufankjian)

Later:

12:15: VP Biden delivers remarks at Aldrich Middle School in Beloit, Wis.

12:55: President Obama delivers remarks at Springfield High School, Ohio

3:20: President Obama delivers remarks at Lima Senior High School in Lima, Ohio

5:00: VP Biden delivers remarks at Superior Middle School

6:40: President Obama arrives at the White House

Michelle Obama campaigns at Hampton University and Virginia State University & President Bill Clinton campaigns in Fort Myers, Palm Beach, Palm Bay, St. Petersburg and Tallahassee, Florida

Mooooooorning everyone.

169 Responses to “Rise and Shine – and Heads Up: President Obama in Ohio”

November 2, 2012 at 9:47 am

Me

2. November 2, 2012 at 9:47 am

Good morning TOD family. Happy TGIF. 171,000 jobs created in Oct ER 7.9%

3. 7 cookemom
    November 2, 2012 at 9:49 am

Gooooood Mooooorning O’s!!!!! This is a great getting up Friday, the last before the election and the push is on O folks! Let’s wrap this thing up with a bang.

My political take for today, countdown number 5 is the job numbers doesn’t change the narrative to the point that Mitt can make any gain from it. Imagine how upset folks are that the economy didn’t tank. Please no need to hear about what the Pundits had to say today. Who cares. Move right along, nothing to see here, keep it going FORWARD!

November 2, 2012 at 10:24 am

GM, CM! Yes, it is a great getting up Friday. I absolutely agree. :grin: Should we put the bow on the wrap before, or after, the bang?

I’m with you too on not giving a fig for what the paid shills might have to say. I wasn’t even aware they were still in business ;) due in part of course to the fact TODobots have been really good in leaving them outside the village. Thanks heaps, TODobots! I’m very optimistic we can keep all paid shills outside the gates for four more days. After all like us they only have one vote each AND THEY HAVE NO MORE SAVVY OR INSIGHT THAN MANY OF OUR OWN TODobots DO, and with far, far less patriotic intent.

November 2, 2012 at 11:16 am

*I wasn’t even aware they were still in business*

That’s the spirit! Mornin’, vc and rise and shine, Chips and TODville! We’re all a part of boot camp for HOPE and CHANGE.

November 2, 2012 at 11:27 am

Hello there JO’B! A blessed Friday to you!
          You forgot the third prong of our boot camp – JOY. We can’t leave out the happiness/JOY WE ALL EXPERIENCE as an integral part of our involvement in this campaign, a joy/happiness also seen on the faces of those in attendance at EACH Dem rally. So, I hope you don’t mind the slight edit …

We’re all a part of the PBO boot camp for HOPE, CHANGE and HAPPINESS! ;) ;)

• 13 yardarm756
          November 2, 2012 at 11:37 am

Ahoy mates! yardarm is on deck and partaking of his first cup. As I scan the decks as all ye ‘swabs’ are ship-shape and at your battle stations. Start the day wi’ a bit o’ humor. :-D

While examining his lady patient, the doctor tells her: “Your heart, lungs, pulse & BP are fine.

Now let me see that cute little thing which gets you ladies into all kinds of trouble.”

The lady immediately started taking off her clothes…..

Doctor, stopping her said: “No! No! Please put on your clothes. Just show me your tongue.”

November 2, 2012 at 11:39 am

Hmmm … well, okay, maybe “WE” ladies will let you get away with that one, Yardarm, ’cause we’re all feeling the JOY today … right along with ya!

• 17 Obama Grandmama
            November 2, 2012 at 12:13 pm

I say watch what words you say! Real story: One Winter day I was subbing in a kindergarten class. After much time spent getting ready for recess they re-entered the classroom after recess. I said “Take off your WET CLOTHES and come join me on the story rug.” Then glancing at the closet area I quickly revised my directions to explicitly say, “Take off your coats, hats, boots and mittens and come join me on the rug.” Some had been going past their outerwear and were taking off their shirts and pants. Like I said WATCH WHAT WORDS YOU SAY!

November 2, 2012 at 9:49 am

We’re rolling in good news today!

November 2, 2012 at 9:49 am

Morning Ms Chips, Morning Utal! Happy, Happy Friday to all TODobots! Life’s good, very, very good! :grin: :grin:

November 2, 2012 at 9:51 am

This was so sweet for me to wake up to. I posted this picture on twitter yesterday and the father of the cute baby (gorgeous baby Michael) tweeted me back in delight.

7. 31 Cman
    November 2, 2012 at 9:52 am

Wheew new thread! My computer was about to blow up trying to navigate that beast of a thread. Morning!

8. 33 Cheryllou
    November 2, 2012 at 9:52 am

Good morning everyone. Congrats utaustinliberal on being the first.

November 2, 2012 at 9:54 am
    November 2, 2012 at 9:55 am
    • November 2, 2012 at 11:27 am

It’s amazing how well President Obama has done with the job creation numbers despite all the obstruction and opposition from the Repubs. Just amazing!!

4 more years!

11. 37 Eveingeorgia
    November 2, 2012 at 9:56 am

First Fridays have been released from the tyranny of anxiety and potential nervous breakdowns! Thank you. Lord!

As the old spiritual says, ” I’m So Glad Trouble Don’t Last Always…”

Now we get to wait for the RW freakout. Altogether now 5,4,3…

Obama/Biden 2012

12. 41 Mae who love our CIC
    November 2, 2012 at 9:57 am

Hi Chips

Could you post the fundraising pages please. OFA recruiting us to solicit at least five donations each. Soooo I am in need of help my fellow TODers. Could ya help a sista out. Thanks y’all. I’ll be in and out here a thousand times when my grand daughter permits. She hangs onto my typing fingers trying to help. Ok thanks again.

November 2, 2012 at 9:59 am

Hey Chipsticks, C-SPAN One will air First Lady Michelle Obama’s Virginia State Event at 5:25PM ET/ 4:25PM CT on TV and online. Here you go.

14. 48 57andfemale
    November 2, 2012 at 10:01 am
    November 2, 2012 at 10:03 am

GM folks.

November 2, 2012 at 10:08 am
      November 2, 2012 at 10:49 am

Come on, Amk, be fair. They’d at least supply a set for EACH needy individual, right? They wouldn’t want any sharing, would they? Narrow-minded, nearsighted, morAns!

17. 61 anniebella
    November 2, 2012 at 10:08 am

Ex-president Clinton has got to take care of his voice. We need him.

November 2, 2012 at 10:09 am

More good news.

19. November 2, 2012 at 10:10 am

Is Kris Jansing doing her show from an Obama rally, in Ohio?

November 2, 2012 at 10:11 am
    • 67 pkayden
      November 2, 2012 at 11:31 am

Love that cartoon!!! Not a fan of Christie, but appreciate that he gives credit where credit is due. I know the Rightwingers are hating him right now. LOL!

21. 68 dotster3
    November 2, 2012 at 10:11 am

Looks like Dems will gain a Senate seat thanks to the race in Indiana. Dem Donnelly leads “rape babies are god’s gift to you” Repub Mourdock by 11 points according to a new state poll released today.

22. 70 Smoothscotch
    November 2, 2012 at 10:15 am

Good morning everybody. Happy Friday. Good news, more jobs. Have a great day.

23. November 2, 2012 at 10:17 am

It figures!

24. 74 dotster3
    November 2, 2012 at 10:24 am

Quad Cities, Ia. headline: “Biden questions Romney’s character…”

25. November 2, 2012 at 10:26 am

Clinton to Pennsylvania on Monday.

26. 77 xtine
    November 2, 2012 at 10:27 am

PM Carpenter:

“A Romney autopsy
    The autopsies to be performed on the Romney campaign will be abundant yet varying in their assorted summations. But in the end, it was the nominee’s lying that did him in. Cause of political death: lethal mendacity.”

• 78 pkayden
      November 2, 2012 at 11:37 am

Romney just cannot relate to average people. He was raised in a bubble with other rich people and appears robotic and cold. The lying just accentuates his inability to speak to regular folks as if they were on his level. He feels he can lie to the “little people” while telling his rich friends that he doesn’t worry about the lazy 47%.

I hope President Obama whoops his butt on Tuesday.

• 79 veryslowwriter
        November 2, 2012 at 12:42 pm

You can count on Mr. Rmoney’s butt being thoroughly whooped on Tuesday. Whole cans of whoop-ass being opened just for him and others for the down ticket.
        You’re completely right about his being raised in a bubble. He’s been treated like a prince all his life and can’t handle being challenged in any way. Now the black guy (the BLACK guy) is defeating him in a big way and it’s making him even crazier than usual.

27. 80 dotster3
    November 2, 2012 at 10:34 am
    • 81 amk for obama
      November 2, 2012 at 10:37 am

That’s old news. It’s 80.9% now with 303 EV.

• 82 carla4obama
        November 2, 2012 at 10:54 am

amk…do you ever sleep?

• 83 xtine
          November 2, 2012 at 11:07 am

343 EV Drinking Game come Tues! :) Each EV = sip of something-something!

• 84 amk for obama
          November 2, 2012 at 11:10 am

You should ask vc. :)

November 2, 2012 at 11:45 am

You already know my gut reaction, Amk, but I’ll have to think about whether I can find any flexibility in me, given the magnitude of the situation Tuesday night. I wouldn’t join in of course, yet I have no desire to crimp your celebratory styles. Mmm. /gritting teeth of compromise/ I’d stand ready to be the DD as I usually am ….. though come to think of it no one will be going anywhere far from the village that night.
            Aw, what the heck, AMK, you all are going to drink anyway, so I might as well bite my lip and prepare to grin and bear it . /Sure hope you can all hold it as I don’t want anyone barfing over me!/

Xtine, not EVERY EV, please! We are talking landslide here. How about a compromise /mumbling..’ 343 divided by 10…no 20…no by 50 = 6 /7/
            yes, a compromise, every 50th EV? That’s pretty reasonable, I think.

Each 50th EV = a sip of something, and by the way using Amk’s, Desertf’s and Bobfr’s previous conclusion, WATER is a viable and more versatile candidate. Teeheehee!

• 86 xtine
              November 2, 2012 at 11:54 am

OK VC, we’re on. Each 50th EV = sip of something-something. Water is something! :) We could make it more [ahem] responsible and say, each 100 EV = gulp of something-Bombay-like! :)

• 87 theo67
                November 2, 2012 at 1:04 pm

I say every 20 EV we take a sip. It’s a party, after all!

November 2, 2012 at 3:34 pm

Xtine, I’m back for a bit (today’s run-around day) after taking Offspring to the orthodontist. I responded to you earlier with a good answer, one CookeMom might have called a ‘masterpiece’ and the intertubes swallowed it WHOLE!! :shock: Was I ever ticked but didn’t even have enough time to CONSIDER kicking the laptop, as I was running late!

I just love to negotiate with a reasonable, responsible adult. Thanks for your open-ness. Teeheehee. /rubbing hands in anticipation of bargaining/

IMO as there will be lots of dancing and backslapping at our TODobot party Tuesday we need to reconsider the ‘gulping’ option you suggested. What do you think of a DRINK at every 75 EV? {See, I’m willing to budge from 50.} ;) That way folks can sip in between each 75th goalpost, if they so desire or drink in one swallow, and we end up with a maximum 4½ -5 drinks [343/75EV = 4.6]. Not enough to be sued if someone over indulges and gets lost on the way home. Keep in mind that this suggestion works to the benefit of all. If people don’t get sloshed the first night we can have a ball all day Wednesday as well as we sing ‘na-nanna-na-na’ to the chuckie toddies of the media world.

ps. Xtine, you need to know that I chuckled my way through that, as I could just imagine the ‘response’ it might evoke from some TODobots! :grin: :grin:

• 92 xtine
                  November 2, 2012 at 4:23 pm

LOL! VC you had me cracking up! We need to put a caveat here somewhere. I see AMK hurrumphing “rationing” below! I’ll leave all the fine print to you! Except no driving vehicles (including lawn mowers, ouija boards, etc.) while liquidated!

Funny thought went thru my mind: what would we do if PBO got 99% of EVs? :) :) I can’t calculate the sips ….

• 93 amk for obama
              November 2, 2012 at 11:57 am

Down with rationing.

November 2, 2012 at 3:45 pm

:roll: :roll: Responsible drinking, Amk. Responsible drinking. No need for negative spin here. /smh/ Plus considering the fact you would probably have been birthday drinking Monday (the 5th right?), AND celebrating 4 years of giving up smoking, you are the first person who should be welcoming restraint on Tuesday. Come on.

28. 95 xtine
    November 2, 2012 at 10:36 am

“…POTENTIAL FOR NOR’EASTER ALONG THE ATLANTIC COAST NEXT WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY…”

29. November 2, 2012 at 10:38 am

Grassroots Event with President Obama in Hollywood, Florida
    EVENT LOCATION: McArthur High School Football Field (6501 Hollywood Blvd. Hollywood FL, 33204) DOORS OPEN: 12:30 PM EST, Sunday, November 4th, 2012 Ticket Distribution Information for Members of the Public: Tickets are still available for the President’s event in Hollywood, Florida. The event is free and open to the public, but tickets are required for entrance.

Tickets are available online at http://OFA.BO/Hollywood. Tickets are also available at the following locations beginning tomorrow, Friday, November 2nd beginning at 10:00 AM EST.

30. 100 Byo
    November 2, 2012 at 10:39 am

We here in Waynesboro/Staunton, VA(very red district) are in our final push for the elections starting this evening.
    We are not leaving any stone unturned, or any dem voter unaccounted for.

• 101 amk for obama
      November 2, 2012 at 10:43 am

Excellent. Thanks for the all hard work, Byo.

• 102 HZ
      November 2, 2012 at 10:56 am

Good Morning Chips and my TOD family. Continued prayers and meditation for our American Families who were hit in the storm. Keep that in your thoughts please.

Keep FEMA and Mr. Fugate and his entire team in your prayers.

Keep the men and women who are travelling from other states to help. Pray for their families as they leave them. We have many from Cali. travelling to these storm hit states.

Pray for physical strength for POTUS and his entire team.
      Pray for physical strength for VPOTUS and President Bill Clinton.
      Pray for our FLOTUS and SLOTUS
      Pray for good weather to carrying all of us through this.
      Pray for the poll workers and for the enemy to leave us alone.
      Pray for the first responders and their families.
      ((((((((((((( Lots of goodness going forth for our Chips and our beautiful site.)))))))))))))))))))))

Also go to our 2012 Donation page here. The campaign emailed us last evening to get 5 friends, family to donate to our grassroots FR pages. Thanks from all of us.

I am: https://my.barackobama.com/page/outreach/view/2012/HZ

31. 104 dotster3
    November 2, 2012 at 10:42 am

Didn’t this same thing happen last time? Ras starts to get on board at last minute so as not to look like a complete goof.

• 105 99ts
      November 2, 2012 at 10:46 am

Sure did – by Monday PBO will be plus 5. The storm allowed gallup to get rid of their completely unbelievable figures & they’ll probably be back today/tomorrow with the President leading.

• 106 Cman
      November 2, 2012 at 10:55 am

I saw that and almost fell out of my chair with laughter. All this time all other polls have been saying tied in national polls and Ras has been like 3 or 4 points Romney and still 2 yesterday and now bam, tied. Lol

32. November 2, 2012 at 10:42 am

Maryland early voting higher than 08.

November 2, 2012 at 10:54 am

I can believe that! I waited 90 minutes in line – during a weekend when folks were supposedly distracted by Hurricane Sandy.

November 2, 2012 at 10:44 am

LOL – Someone’s yelling “yes he did!” in the audience :)

34. 110 PoliticalJunkessa
    November 2, 2012 at 10:44 am

Rolllll Obama Team, Roll! This is definitely the “crush him” stretch and Willard will be punch-drunk by Tuesday. I’m lovin’ it! :-P

35. November 2, 2012 at 10:50 am

Oooooh, there’s an extra spring in the step today!

36. 112 AnitaW
    November 2, 2012 at 10:51 am

New FEMA Director has been awesome. Excellent pick by the President.

37. 115 anniebella
    November 2, 2012 at 10:54 am

The crowd in Ohio is Fired Up , I mean Fired Up, Fired Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 116 HZ
      November 2, 2012 at 11:04 am

Morning anniebella. Yes they are. I am trying to dress and run back and listening. POB is already smoking. He will be hitting Mitten full force these last days. Energy, Energy, and wisdom. I just finished my quiet time and I cried out for so much, and I feel good.

Pray for strength. Busy day today. I am fired up~~~love you all.HZ

November 2, 2012 at 11:16 am

POTUS was Fired Up this morning.

38. 118 xtine
    November 2, 2012 at 10:59 am

EJ Dionne:

“…If Obama wins, he will owe his re-election to a little bit of all of us: blue-collar white voters in the Midwest, upscale voters in the Northeast and on the West Coast, an overwhelming percentage of Latino voters turned off by a new nativism on the right, and near unanimous solidarity on his behalf among African Americans. Obama is not the sort to think about dismissing 47% of us.

…The hope of four years ago has transformed itself into something more mature and durable: a confidence in what an increasingly diverse, tolerant and open America can achieve. It is a view that flatly rejects the fears of those who see our country in decline and who always insist that the good old days should be our standard for the future. A nation that has produced Greatest Generations in the past can do so again. Indeed, I think we’re doing so right now.

…Obama should win a referendum on his stewardship. But this is also a choice—a “big choice,” just as Romney says—between moderation and a return to an approach to government more suited to the Gilded Age than to the 21st century. Obama is battling to defend the long consensus that has guided American government successfully since the Progressive Era. It is based on the view that ours is a country whose Constitution begins with the word we, not me, and that the private success we honor depends on a government that serves a common good and remembers the most vulnerable among us. The task of our moment is to revive that long consensus and renew it. Of the two major candidates, only Barack Obama accepts this mission as his own.”

Read more: http://swampland.time.com/2012/11/01/the-case-for-barack-obama/#ixzz2B4od5HBt

This is actually a good read, even though something doesn’t sit well w/ me on newpapers/magazines/news media endorsements. Thanks Doster for posting about yesterday’s Economist. For some odd reason that “endorsement” just plain irritated me, especially the blatant hypocrisy! I must be getting real close to 89 yrs old (far from that in reality) whereby I’ll just yell at all hypocrites to “Get off my lawn!” With a little more colorful language, I’m sure. :)

39. November 2, 2012 at 11:00 am
  40. November 2, 2012 at 11:02 am

“You don’t scare people just to scare up votes…that’s not leadership.” PBO on Robme’s despicable lies about Jeep.

41. 124 xtine
    November 2, 2012 at 11:05 am

Hello UT, are you around?! If so, could we beg for your live tweets of speech! With gratitude!

• November 2, 2012 at 11:12 am

I’m always in AWE of UT’s tweets. I can’t listen and type at the same time. But I will let you know that the crowd is really fired up. They yelled “lie” when POTUS was talking about Robme’s awful lies about Jeep, but POTUS was too generous to use that word. Now he’s castigating congress for dysfunction and saying they hope the voters will be so cynical that they’ll put them back in power. My bet is on you, my fight is for you…when the other party’s been with me (tax cuts) there were repubs who helped us repeal DADT…we can work together. I will work with anyone from any party to move this country forward. If you want to break gridlock in congress you’ll vote for candidates who feel the same…

Now he’s way ahead of me. Talking about bipartisanship and what he won’t give up on. I’m not ready to give up on the fight to make sure that the middle class is growing…that every child is given opportunity. I hope you aren’t either.

The folks at the very top don’t need another champion in DC….

My fingers are tired. Let it be said, he’s stunning and the crowd is hyperenthusiastic!

• 126 xtine
        November 2, 2012 at 11:57 am

Likewise, I’m in awe of UT’s tweets! Susan, thank you so much for your post. I felt like I was right there! :)

42. 127 Vicky
    November 2, 2012 at 11:09 am

I had the luxury of sleeping in a bit this morning. First thing I thought of upon awakening was the jobs report (the LAST Friday I will worry about it!). When I turned on the television the channel was still on MSNBC from the evening before. Chuck Todd was in front of the White House questioning a member of the administration in a rather dogged fashion about the troubling decrease in hourly wages from some kind of report. My heart sank. I immediately turned to Stephanie Miller on Current TV – LOVE her show – and checked TOD on my iPad. THEN I read about the excellent jobs report!!

Was Todd speaking about the same report?! If so, trust him to focus on whatever he could find that was negative!! He reminds me more and more of Eyeore!

• 128 cookemom
      November 2, 2012 at 11:29 am

Do we really care what he was talking about at this late date? This one is a big ‘so what’, imo. Pundit free zone from now til the election.

• 129 57andfemale
      November 2, 2012 at 11:49 am

I practically had to physically stop my husband from throwing the TV on the floor. He said the same thing — if I hadn’t told him about how good the report was and he was relying on Chuck Todd for his news, he never would have known.

What sent hubby over the edge: “these [bad"] numbers are now the new normal.”

If PBO had not had a traitorous Congress, where would we be? Never in modern history has a Congress not routinely passed highway, construction bills. In economic downturns, they have always passed jobs bills.

It’s the traitors in Congress who have created this ‘new normal’. You Fox-wannabe.

• 130 Obama Grandmama
      November 2, 2012 at 12:45 pm

I know what you mean about waking up to hear a spin on the jobs report. I turn on the radio in the morning when I wake up. I listen to the Progressive radio station and ABC does their news. I turned the radio on at 7am PT this morning. The ABC News had me thinking the report was bad and I felt depressed thinking yesterday they were predicting it to be good. Then the local Progressive Show came on saying what good news it was. As usual ABC spins it all to the GOP side. Glad I heard the real truth right afterwards so I was not depressed too long, but it got me to thinking about those just hearing the ABC News and nothing more.

43. November 2, 2012 at 11:15 am
  44. 133 forus50
    November 2, 2012 at 11:17 am
    November 2, 2012 at 11:20 am

PEC today . http://election.princeton.edu/

Obama: 318.

Thaaat’s right, come to mama, baybee.

• 141 99ts
      November 2, 2012 at 11:37 am

Only in 2 swing states does Nate Silver have Mitt ahead – North Carolina – likely Romney, Florida – tossup
      Colorado, Virginia – lean Obama, Iowa, Nevada, New Hampshire – likely Obama
      And those states the GOP are wasting money on ads/visits Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, etc – all are safe Obama (over 90% chance)

There is no path to victory for Romney – running around in circles telling lies – just like Sarah Palin, 4 years ago.

• 142 pkayden
        November 2, 2012 at 12:18 pm

The Rethugs truly believed that they could buy this election by running a slew of ads in swing states. Wonder what they’ll do next time around since they were so unsuccessful this time.

• 143 xtine
      November 2, 2012 at 11:59 am

I think we’re going to be feeling pretty brilliant on Tues! :)

• 145 nathkatun7
      November 2, 2012 at 2:43 pm

Now we are talking! I am still predicting 348EVs. That means all the states he won (except Indiana) + 1 from Nebraska’s 2nd congressional district.

46. 146 Don
    November 2, 2012 at 11:25 am

Now this asshole Michael Grimm R-New York is crying about needing and wanting help from FEMA. These assholes never cease to amaze me, they shout from the mountain top about how government is bad and government should stay out of people’s lives.

• 147 Lovepolitics2008
      November 2, 2012 at 12:15 pm

I think , unfortunately, I see a problem developing. The media , eager to feel relevant and to bring “stories” to the public, is traveling all over the areas affected by Sandy. They are going to feed us a long litany of problems not yet solved. “In this town, three days after the storm, power hasn’t been restored yet; people are getting impatient”. ” It will take days, or weeks, before the New York subway is back to normal”. And on and on…

Media people are taking pride in pointing out problems. Nature of the Beast. I REALLY REALLY hope that the Obama communication team is aware of a possible negative narrative developing , and has thought of a strategy to counter this. Maybe they should ask FEMA to do daily press briefings, or better, embed the media “stars” ( Cooper among others) into rescue and relief operations. Please, Obama team, MAKE SURE that this week-end, the media provides a balanced view of what’s going on: the problems, AND the actions taken to solve them. Make sure that the population understands the magnitude of the problem, and accepts that they can’t be solved overnight.

SERIOUSLY, I’m very concerned about the media this week-end. I don’t want to see the narrative about Sandy turning against President Obama. He and his team don’t deserve it; they are doing an incredible job.

Obama team, I know you have some contempt for a good portion of the national pundits, but PLEASE accept that you have to work with them because, unfortunately, in politics rational analysis is often trumped by PERCEPTION.

• 148 veryslowwriter
        November 2, 2012 at 12:54 pm

“I REALLY REALLY hope that the Obama communication team is aware of a possible negative narrative developing ”

The Obama team has been out in front of every issue that’s come up in this campaign. You can always find someone who’ll say “The storm of the century just rolled through here on Monday and here it is Friday and not everything’s fixed!” The vast majority know that it takes time. The Obama/Biden campaign has been nothing short of brilliant — I don’t think they’ll stumble at the finish line.

• 149 Obama Grandmama
      November 2, 2012 at 12:51 pm

I just reported above how ABC News is always pushing towards the good of the GOP and they are seeking out people complaining where is FEMA? They are pushing the meme that FEMA is not there for them or too slow already. I was worried about that as it is a given that many see the negative side about everything especially when it is happening to themselves. Hope the positives keep coming forward to counter the negative push.

47. 154 edp4bho
    November 2, 2012 at 11:32 am

HEY HOPEFRUIT……left you a message last thread….Colorado about 10:28. Mean what I say !

November 2, 2012 at 11:45 am

Oh I just read it – thanks so much edp4 for your kind words. You’ve left me a blushing mess! :) :)

But my humble gratitude also has to go to each and every TODer and most importantly to Chips who has provided and painstakingly maintained this beautiful space where we can all express our unwavering support for our great President.

48. November 2, 2012 at 11:33 am

Help me out please? Let’s get someone on this –

49. 157 dudette9t9
    November 2, 2012 at 11:36 am
    November 2, 2012 at 11:37 am

At the cspan site

Over the Weekend, the President will visit six other states. He will start the day in Ohio and then visit Iowa, Wisconsin and Virginia on Saturday and New Hampshire, Colorado and Florida on Saturday, also returning to Ohio for a rally that day.

He is leaving the rubber on the road.

51. 163 Allison
    November 2, 2012 at 11:44 am

Listen Now…Obama team reviewing status of the campaign

52. 164 forus50
    November 2, 2012 at 11:48 am
  53. 167 dudette9t9
    November 2, 2012 at 11:54 am
  54. 168 yardarm756
    November 2, 2012 at 11:54 am
  55. November 2, 2012 at 11:56 am

Ha!!!!

I’m not answering my steadily ringing phone here in Wisconsin unless it is someone I CHOOSE to talk to. Clint Eastwood is just leaving me a message on behalf of Crossroads GPS. Too bad for Romney-Eastwood-Rove I voted for my beloved Preezy the first morning of early voting!