Nov

*** 7:55: Delivers remarks at 5th/3rd Arena, Cincinnati ***

9:10: Departs Cincinnati

MDT

9:50: Arrives Aurora, Colorado

*** 10:25: Delivers remarks at Community College of Aurora at Lowry ***

11:30: Departs Aurora

Bob has just reminded me of the clock-changey thing …. will need to double-check these times tomorrow  :???:

Monday: The President will travel to Madison, Wisconsin and Columbus, Ohio for campaign events. In the afternoon, the President and the First Lady will travel to Des Moines, Iowa for a campaign event. In the evening, they will travel to Chicago where they will remain overnight.

Tuesday: The First Family will spend Election day in Chicago.

Wednesday: The First Family will return to Washington, DC.

191 Responses to “Barack & Bill”

1. 1 ourmanflint
    November 3, 2012 at 11:25 pm

still here PBO

2. 4 vitaminlover
    November 3, 2012 at 11:25 pm

Darn tootin, Barack and Bill

3. 5 ourmanflint
    November 3, 2012 at 11:26 pm

Great Speech in Bristow Virgina for dynamic duo: PBO and Bill

November 3, 2012 at 11:27 pm

I’m looking at the last picture here – is that guy CRYING?

5. November 3, 2012 at 11:30 pm

6. 16 lisalovesobama
    November 3, 2012 at 11:32 pm

There’s a rethug pretending to be a democrat on c-span. He’s so stupid. Pure Repuke talking point. Hahahahahahaha! The guy asked if he voted in 08 for Romney.

• 17 Kreen
      November 3, 2012 at 11:33 pm

Lol…heard it too.

November 3, 2012 at 11:42 pm

CSPAN is so transparent with their increasingly fake-ass paid RNC/GOP workers posing as ordinary callers.

• 24 lisalovesobama
        November 3, 2012 at 11:47 pm

They surely are stupid! The guy called posing as a “disappointed democrat” who was soooooo horrified by that big, bad oil’ bully Barack Obama was was picking on sweet lil oil’ Gradpaw Mittie Poo. :roll: asses.

• 25 HZ
      November 3, 2012 at 11:43 pm

Hi Lisa. So good to read your comments. Lisa, may I share with you something so dear to me. When my gut is kicking me all over the place, and I come here to be close to my TOD family, your comments always make me laugh. (((((((((((((((((((( Thank you so much, Lisa)))))))))))))))))))))))))

You have such a brilliant and quick mind that lifts my spirit. I tell my best friend when we talk via phone how you have such a wide range of knowledge, yet you can make me smile or just burst out with a great laugh. I owe you much because you replace so many pain meds. Laughter indeed is good for the body and mind.

I love you my dear friend. ((((((((( Hugs coming your way.))))))))))))))HZ

• 26 lisalovesobama
        November 3, 2012 at 11:53 pm

Hi HZ. It’s been such a long time. I hope you’re doing well. I miss you and am so appreciative of your kind words. If I’m amusing someone else, besides myself with my nuttiness, then I’m glad I’m not laughing alone. :)

• 27 EDP4BHO
      November 3, 2012 at 11:48 pm

I heard that, and he was as obvious as a facial zit , and just as disgusting. Saying about PBO- “look at his record, he hasn’t done anything”. We know damn well that’s the give-away.

November 3, 2012 at 11:33 pm

Go B&B. Bam&Bam.

8. 30 Pamela
    November 3, 2012 at 11:36 pm

Still here, trying to recover from watching that Chris Rock video over and over and over….. Different kind of tears flowing now! :lol:

9. November 3, 2012 at 11:36 pm

Just look at that schedule for tomorrow. He departs the White House a 0800 EST 4 Nov & he doesn’t depart Aurora CO until 0130 EST 5 Nov!!! (btw, Chips, EST not EDT – that chang-y clock-y kinda thing :) ).

#TrustBarack

• November 3, 2012 at 11:38 pm

Aaaaaah, changy-clock-thing…. as if I wasn’t ‘fused enough Bob :cry:

• November 3, 2012 at 11:40 pm

I love the changy-clocky thingy. Means winter’s really started. Cool weather, rain, soups.

• 36 HZ
            November 4, 2012 at 12:02 am

I am totally in love with POB’s detail SS man. The gentleman with the salt-pepper hair. Oh, lawdy between POB and him, I am out of my mind. Please pray for me. He could be a little taller, but hecky, I will take him as is. I know, naughty mats coming out. It is about that time.

Naughty Mats out, Chips. I will try to control myself.

As I was listening to President Clinton, I thought of how wonderfully blessed we all are here to be a part of all of this great history. Seeing him speak with a more relaxed body language during his time on the stump is so refreshing. Then to see how he and POB hug each other, well it is rather uplifting. POB has a way about him that once you really treat him with real respect and value his knowledge, you will have a friend forever. I am grateful for both of them. These are historical moments in our lives, for sure.

POB needs to not speak as little as possible for the rest of the evening, and allow his vocal chords to relax and rest as well. His doctor will surely make sure that he is taken care of while doing so much speaking. Candles glowing and music on. I am tired tonight.

I will take time to replenish my body tomorrow so that I can help out on Mon.

Everyone have a great night. (((((((((((((((((((( Lots of love and huge hugs to my Chips)))))))))))))))HZ

• 38 theo67
          November 3, 2012 at 11:55 pm

You live in Southern California, LL… and you’re talking about winter?… I just spent some time at the beach – it’s not really winter… :?

• November 3, 2012 at 11:57 pm

Well, “winter” for those of us on the Golden Coast. I’m already ordering new sweaters to play the role of the devastatingly dressed librarian.

• 40 theo67
              November 3, 2012 at 11:59 pm

ok – I have to come clean. I just bought a space heater for work, and plan to get some mittens. I’ve abandoned my Canadian blood, and have become a full-on Californian. Don’t tell anybody… ;)

• 43 theo67
              November 4, 2012 at 12:00 am

And I’m sure you’ll be dashing in your “devastatingly dressed librarian” getup!

• November 3, 2012 at 11:41 pm

:D :D :D :D You are ROCKING Chips and have the finest community on the intertubes, bar none!!!!

#FORWARD

• 45 amk for obama
      November 3, 2012 at 11:51 pm

Time zones are Chips’ strong points. She knows them inside out.

• November 3, 2012 at 11:53 pm

:???: Sri Lanka’s the same as Ireland, right??

• 47 Pamela
          November 4, 2012 at 12:06 am

Yes, Chips, exactly the same… (here we go…)

• 48 amk for obama
          November 4, 2012 at 12:08 am

egg.sack.lee. Both are frigging islands. Also. Too. They look the same.

• 49 Pamela
            November 4, 2012 at 12:42 am

Food, fashion, climate, weather patterns, flora and fauna, we are on a roll here, amk, handing the baton to you…… Back in the morning, but hey, now, will there be a rise N shine, or will all of YOU be sleeping through? We shall see….. Sweet dreams TOD, {{{{{Chipsticks}}}}}

November 4, 2012 at 12:51 am

I can see them both from my front porch. I think it’s them. You betcha. (God – I’m glad that witch is gone. Two more losers to go, Tuesday night!)

November 4, 2012 at 12:06 am

Thank goodness hour President will get a little extra hour thanks to the clock being turned back. :) :)

10. November 3, 2012 at 11:39 pm

Stupid caller to C-Span from GA……..all the Benghazi shit….cover-up…..blah blah blah blah. Feel sorry for her. She won’t dampen my spirit. : :) :) :)

• 53 99ts
      November 3, 2012 at 11:48 pm

They got themselves a talking point – it’s the ONLY one they have and for better or worse a large part of the country doesn’t know where Benghazi is and what it has to do with anything. The republicans talking about it have trouble pronouncing Libya, let alone Benghazi. I do find it amusing that people who have rarely, if ever, traveled outside their state are soooooooo concerned about this issue. Confirms where they get their information.

• 54 EDP4BHO
      November 3, 2012 at 11:53 pm

Heard her. Conspiracy running amok, plus willful ignorance. Guess she didn’t see the expose from NPR this week. Away with her !! Notice the folks calling against PBO have quivering voices, yet the ones calling in favor of PBO , but against rethug, are completely calm?

November 3, 2012 at 11:55 pm

At this point I don’t believe anything the media puts out. I have reason to suspect that many of these “callers” on CSPAN are nothing but paid GOP/RNC staffers. People barely have time to answer their phones let alone make calls to CSPAN after 8PM at night.

• November 3, 2012 at 11:59 pm

Until Fox News can think up its next conspiracy, they will cling to this one. These folks have ZERO imagination and can’t think for themselves. Great way to ID a voter’s preference. If they start spouting these conspiracies, we mark ‘em as Rs.

11. November 3, 2012 at 11:40 pm

New Jersey residents displaced by storm can vote by email
    By ASSOCIATED PRESS | 11/3/12 7:48 PM
    New Jersey will allow residents displaced by Superstorm Sandy to vote by email or fax.

November 3, 2012 at 11:40 pm

13. 68 Smoothscotch
    November 3, 2012 at 11:42 pm

November 3, 2012 at 11:43 pm

The love for Pres. Obama is so breathtaking. Grown men and women alike bawling their eyes out. Wow!

• November 3, 2012 at 11:49 pm

Everyone smiling and grabbing at him for a handshake or a hug. SS will never see another one like this.

November 4, 2012 at 12:56 am

I just pointed that out to my granddaughter, UT. Adults crying, just because he’s so damn inspirational. (I’d be the one on the floor, in a dead faint, BTW.)

• 75 nathkatun7
      November 4, 2012 at 4:17 am

You are so right, UT! I am a grown man and I wasn’t even at the rally, but listening and viewing this speech made me cry. For me, It reminded me of the MLK speeches I listened to when I was a teenager. The President’s passion and sincerity overwhelms you. That speech in Virginia made an old man like me cry. President Clinton, with his horse voice, was just as good. The United States is really blessed to have this smart and caring man serving as President.

15. November 3, 2012 at 11:44 pm

Just say’n ….

#TrustBarack

November 3, 2012 at 11:53 pm

Just a gentle reminder everyone – that we will gain an extra hour when the clocks are turned back early tomorrow. :)

• 78 Pamela
      November 4, 2012 at 12:11 am

Well, that’s fine for most folks. But I have decided to take my hour now, because if I set the clocks now, and the furnace thermostat, I get to take my extra hour AWAKE! and that’s much more important than sleeping! See how that works? (so, VC, what kind of person does this make me?) it won’t affect all my Apple gadgets, coz they will reset automatically anyway, and I can still see the time at the top of the screen… I suppose it means I’m only fooling myself! Kitty is ready for bed NOW, looks at me as if I am gone beyond…

17. November 3, 2012 at 11:55 pm

Everyone pause. Sit still in that still middle. Let the world around you spin, as you look with equanimity upon it. This is what change feels like. This is what victory feels like. This is what a better world feels like. This is what justice and compassion feel like. This is what people, ordinary people, banding together to fight the powers of the world feels like. America is choosing, and unless every statistic is a lie, it’s choosing for hope, for justice, for fairness, for equality.

18. November 4, 2012 at 12:00 am

You figure maybe NOW the PUMAs can learn to accept our President?

19. 93 Kreen
    November 4, 2012 at 12:02 am

Phone Banking tomorrow. Any tips guys?

• 94 LDS
      November 4, 2012 at 12:06 am

Kreen, tell the truth and speak from your heart. Follow the examples of our Champion and you will be just fine.

• 95 amk for obama
      November 4, 2012 at 12:10 am

Keep it cool even when the callee is rude.

• 96 theo67
      November 4, 2012 at 12:10 am

And don’t waste your time trying to convert those who are obviously unreachable. Move on to those who have a chance at thinking and reasoning.

• 97 Pamela
      November 4, 2012 at 12:12 am

Drink green jasmine tea, take stretching breaks every hour! Breathe!!

• November 4, 2012 at 12:16 am

Yes- I tell Romney supporters that they will be fined 500 dollars, when the lose on Tuesday.

• 104 cman
      November 4, 2012 at 12:20 am

You will get lots of voice mails ( don’t lose heart). When you get that rare person that does not hang up after you introduce yourself and state why you are calling, think of them as a friend (even if they are undecided or leaning Romney). Though, now you usually just gonna get O voters or Romney people. Not a lot of in-between. For the O folks you want to remind them to turn out and how close this election is going to be. If they can early vote they should go do so because look how a storm like Sandy can change everything in a min.

For Romney folks who are willing to engage with you, I usually ask so “why are you not voting for President Obama” (less confrontational than why are you voting for the lying twit). They will state their reason, which is usually easily proven false (9/10 times it’s bengazi).

• 105 Kreen
        November 4, 2012 at 12:40 am

You guys are all so awesome. Thank you for the tips. I was a bit scared of phone banking but you all have inspired me to jump in! Thank you!

November 4, 2012 at 1:37 am

You’ll be great! You already got good advice from other TOD’ers….breathe, speak from your heart…and have fun. I love to phonebank…..hope you do too:)

20. 107 LDS
    November 4, 2012 at 12:04 am

All is well.
    Sweet sleep TOD. Thank you Chips.
    WE GOT THE VICTORY!

21. November 4, 2012 at 12:05 am

Omg! Duval??? You dont understand where that is? If we are holding our own there…

November 4, 2012 at 12:07 am

That’s exciting. It may mean that Repubs are voting for PBO!

• 110 amk for obama
      November 4, 2012 at 12:24 am

Thanks jovie. That’s incredible news – from a loss to a lead.

Any one else still open for my Obama takes FL by 2 points 100 bucks bet ?

• 115 Ceb
      November 4, 2012 at 12:52 am

OMG.! This is unbelievable. I live in this county and Inwas bummed that we could not bring it home for PBO even though others in the state did. So excited that my area ( we recently elected our first AA mayor) is in play. Our sucky local rag endorsed RR, even after pointing out some of PBO’a accomplishments ( they have been a repub. rag all of my life). The idea that the county could be a win for PBO is huge!

• 116 Mae who love our CIC
      November 4, 2012 at 7:43 am

Registered voters for Duval County sonetimes referred to as South GA
      (Major city is Jacksonville). They elected an AA as mayor. There is hope.
      Democrats 240,170
      Repubs. 207,581
      Other 111,707
      Total. Voters 559,548

22. 117 FoxfireTX
    November 4, 2012 at 12:08 am

Wow, what a great way to end the day! B & B together are incredible. And to think there was a time I could not stand Bill. All forgiven! Looking forward to the next three days but will be glad when Tuesday night arrive. Also looking forward to the extra hour of sleep tonight:-)

• 118 carolyn
      November 4, 2012 at 12:17 am

You know what I know about PBO and Bill? They have big hearts. They don’t carry grudges or harbor hate. They don’t let those negative things into their souls, and that shows in their positive actions. Former Pres Clinton is just plain having a GOOD time campaigning again. He always loved it, and he is free to enjoy himself, and work for someone he respects. I just see sheer joy in him, and also in our President right now. They are free inside, and that frees them on the stage.
      I shook hands with Pres Clinton in 1996, and he is one who looks you right in the eye, making you feel like you are the only person around. President Obama does that too from what I’ve seen. MR can’t look anyone in the eye.

23. November 4, 2012 at 12:09 am

BTW, during that exceptionally poignant, humble recognition by the President that the power is with the people in a democracy, he also deftly and in an oh so self deprecating way set a trap for Mitt. It’ll be interesting to see if they are stupid enough to stick their mouth in it. His reflection with David Plouffe about their diminishing relevance in the actual process of democracy, when democracy is what it should be, was a stunning moment. It’ll be interesting to see who, if anyone, tries to malign it because of his deliberate choice of the term ‘prop.’

#TrustBarack

• 120 FoxfireTX
      November 4, 2012 at 12:41 am

It was, Bob, and it immediately hit me once again the difference in attitude with these two candidates in the most fundamental way. Barack has always understood that he works for US, while Mitt believes he is entitled to the position and we are just an impediment to his ultimate goal.

24. 122 Chi
    November 4, 2012 at 12:10 am

I think we’ll hit 15 million by election day – let’s do it…

Let’s do it, but let’s do it with focused, positively reinforcing posts as opposed to handwringing, chicken littling and hair on fire posts that only serve to depress…

Forward! Confident in the fact that we must all do our bit and then completely trust God to do the rest…

• November 4, 2012 at 12:12 am

“handwringing, chicken littling and hair on fire posts”

:lol:

Helloooooooooooooooo Chi!!!

• 124 Chi
        November 4, 2012 at 12:24 am

Hello dear friend…

Thank you so much for everything; you’ve been nothing short of amazing…

You’re an angel sent to keep us sane and focused and you’ll be richly rewarded…

• 125 theo67
      November 4, 2012 at 12:13 am

Oh – we’re definitely going to hit that! I’ve been watching and that number has been rising like nobody’s business.

• 126 nathkatun7
      November 4, 2012 at 4:35 am

Well said, Chi! Right now I am in no mood for negativity or doubts. I could care less what the pundits are saying. All I know is that millions of Americans who care about the future of this country are fired up and ready to re-elect our incredible President. And then there are millions and millions of people in other countries who are rooting for the same outcome. I am absolutely convinced that if we mobilize in large numbers and vote we will even overwhelm those who may be tempted to steal the election.

25. November 4, 2012 at 12:13 am

Really?

26. 131 magapie
    November 4, 2012 at 12:17 am

We’ll walk through fire for this man.

27. November 4, 2012 at 12:19 am

I just wanted to say that I was Googling one of the songs that plays at the Obama rallies yesterday, and the top link that came up in my Google search for the info was voila The Obama Diary. I was very excited, and low and behold it took me directly to a comment on this blog where someone was asking about the playlist, and somebody else responded with a posting of all of the songs on the playlist. I thought that was pretty cool.

• 134 theo67
      November 4, 2012 at 12:21 am

I know – The Obama Diary comes up a lot on searches triggered by something someone says on this blog. This blog is a legend!

November 4, 2012 at 12:23 am

SNL is funny tonight.

29. 136 99ts
    November 4, 2012 at 12:24 am

Not sure what Nate Silver is up to – no new figures today yet – maybe it’s so good for PBO he’s “checking them twice”

30. November 4, 2012 at 12:25 am

31. November 4, 2012 at 12:29 am

Bubba dnd Barack! I love how our Presidents are both so passionate that they are losing their voices! Love them both so much. And Hillary too. We Dems have the coolest, brightest people!!

32. November 4, 2012 at 12:31 am

33. 150 kathryn kivett
    November 4, 2012 at 12:31 am

Just peeking in to say I watched two magnificent men tonight….This is the most relaxed and passionate I have seen PBO this campaign…Have Michelle and Bubba in NC Monday…guess they have not given up on us after all…..taking champagne to OFA to thank them for all their hard work…figure whatever the outcome in NC they deserve it…..and again, THANK YOU to all of you who have worked so hard for PBO……YOU are making it happen…

34. November 4, 2012 at 12:34 am

My question to WMUR poll of NH? How can their be 6% undecided with 2 days left?
    #bullshit

35. 157 theo67
    November 4, 2012 at 12:39 am

Has anyone commented that the poor podium is getting three slaps these days?

36. November 4, 2012 at 12:42 am

This was actually a good hands on report of the Virginia Rally-

37. November 4, 2012 at 12:55 am

Well, my little exhortation to savor this moment of course led me to writing a post for TPV. Should be up tomorrow. Here’s a little taste:

And now we stand on the brink of his re-election. This is what his re-election means in real terms: he will shape the Supreme Court for the coming generation. John Roberts will still be Chief Justice; but unless he decides to throw his lot in with Obama appointees, it will be known as the Obama Court.

What his re-election means is that the Democratic Party will be shaped by those who came of age under Obama: pragmatic, progressive, not afraid of a fight, intellectually equipped to fight against a GOP bankrupt of ideas.

What his re-election means is that he will have four more years for his reforms to take root, until they become part of the commonwealth, and removed at great peril to those who oppose them.

What his re-election means is that a generation will come of age aware of its own power, of its own ability to shape its world, hopeful, not jaundiced, raised in a world where it’s expected that we help each other as a community, rather than looking solely after the main chance.

• 163 theo67
      November 4, 2012 at 1:04 am

Excellent – the most impactful part of the whole thing is the fact that Democrats have fought back. Hopefully, this is the beginning of a new breed of Democrats who are willing to fight for what they believe, and not cede the floor to crazy right wingers. People are learning the power of their voices, and it started with Wisconsin, who fought without needing the President to put on his sneakers and fight with them, but who knew he was with them all the way.

• 164 carolyn
      November 4, 2012 at 1:06 am

Wow…I do love this…..both the ideas and the parallel structure. That structure makes it memorable.
      I LOVE the idea of the participant citizen as opposed to the rich controlling billionaire….this is what we need in our country, and this is what President Obama is working so hard for.
      Thank you for articulating this.

• 165 amk for obama
      November 4, 2012 at 1:09 am

egg.sack.lee. This prez has given the much missed backbone to the democratic party and another four years will only allow the left to learn on how to fight and fight effectively.

• November 4, 2012 at 1:30 am

Looking forward to it LL.

November 4, 2012 at 12:58 am

• 168 lisalovesobama
      November 4, 2012 at 1:00 am

Hehehehehe! So am I!

• November 4, 2012 at 1:11 am

Josh is a band-wagoner. Whatever. Maybe he’ll rediscover that he’s a “progressive” for PBO’s 2nd term.

• 170 amk for obama
        November 4, 2012 at 1:15 am

Yup, he joined the bw crowd long time back. And just like shameless crowd, he will get back on the victory train

I really hope, after Nov 6th, the dems (all of them) and the prez take it to the media everyday and call out their ridiculousness. We cannot allow them dictate the narratives and shilling for rw anymore.

• 171 Smoothscotch
          November 4, 2012 at 1:41 am

I don’t want the Pres to give the media the time of day, his surrogates can. This will show them how immaterial they have been and will continue to be. As I mean to say JUNIOR surrogates .

November 4, 2012 at 1:01 am

November 4, 2012 at 1:03 am

November 4, 2012 at 1:04 am

katy, the hawtie.

42. November 4, 2012 at 1:04 am

Here’s an interesting tracking tool for election night. Put in the states as they are called and it shows the different possibilities for each candidate.

Here’s the link for the article: http://election.princeton.edu/2012/11/03/election-night-scenario-tracking-tool/
    And here’s the link for the tool: http://www.810.sba.uwm.edu/kumars/

November 4, 2012 at 1:06 am

November 4, 2012 at 1:10 am

November 4, 2012 at 1:11 am

A valuable tip. You need to tick the prez separately

November 4, 2012 at 1:12 am

47. 184 57andfemale
    November 4, 2012 at 1:23 am

Nate just posted. Up and up……

November 4, 2012 at 1:25 am

Come to papa, nate.

49. 190 99ts
    November 4, 2012 at 1:29 am

A couple of the RCP polls were what I would call “outliers” so I won’t post them amk – Nate must be a night owl – 1.05am the president has increased his lead to 84.4 so many good polls