Nov

The Week Ahead

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Sunday:

9:0: The President and First Lady host a breakfast with veterans; the Vice President and Dr Biden also attend

11:0: The President participates in a wreath-laying ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery; the First Lady, Vice President and Dr Biden also attend

11:15: The President delivers remarks at Arlington National Cemetery

Monday: The President has no public events scheduled in observance of Veterans Day

Tuesday: Attends meetings at the White House

Wednesday: Holds a news conference in the East Room. He will also meet with business leaders at the White House

Thursday: The President will travel to the New York City area, to view the storm damage, talk with citizens who are recovering from the storm and thank first responders who put their lives at risk to protect their communities

Friday: The President will meet with Congressional leaders of both parties at the White House to discuss the action needed to be taken to keep the economy growing and reduce the deficit

232 Responses to “The Week Ahead”

1. 1 vitaminlover
    November 10, 2012 at 2:54 pm

RE-elcted and it feels so goooood!

2. November 10, 2012 at 2:56 pm

vitaminlover: BAM!

DANG, SWOOPED IN!

3. 17 Kreen
    November 10, 2012 at 2:57 pm

Hello TOD family!

4. 18 Smoothscotch
    November 10, 2012 at 2:58 pm

Me too. Hello.

5. 19 proudmemberofglobalzero
    November 10, 2012 at 3:00 pm

Great day for Florida and the nation. I could not be prouder. Chips, again you are the best! We will need this blog as we push to get legislation passed the next two years. Love my TOD family,

6. 20 GGail
    November 10, 2012 at 3:06 pm

That’s my President……knowing where he’s needed and being there! It’s not President Obama’s fault that NY is so slow in receiving aid. NJ Gov, swallowed his pride early on and requested assistance when Bloomberg was dragging his feet.

7. 21 Smoothscotch
    November 10, 2012 at 3:08 pm

Have to go to a clients’ funeral today, only 64 yrs old. Sad for this devastating family. On top of that my Uncle is being buried tomorrow in South America which my Dad is attending. My goodness, what a week.

November 10, 2012 at 3:23 pm

Karma is so sweet.

9. 26 yardarm756
    November 10, 2012 at 3:23 pm

The press conference Wed should be something to see. Any bets on the number of gotcha questions about Petraeus and Benghazi?

• 27 prettyfoot58
      November 10, 2012 at 3:31 pm

ohhhhh so this is a press conference in front of the jackalss….hmmmm

• 28 theo67
      November 10, 2012 at 3:34 pm

And they’ll also be wondering whether the President will learn the lessons from this election, and give in to the Republican’s proposal to implement the Romney tax plan – the one with which he lost the election. Clueless and pathetic. I’ll only tune in to see the smackdown.

• 29 yardarm756
        November 10, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Me too.

• 30 nathkatun7
        November 11, 2012 at 3:31 am

“I’ll only tune in to see the smackdown.”

I may do the same too, theo67. I am just so fed up with most of the people in the mainstream media. It’s so revealing when comedians ask more relevant questions than the so called members of the White House Press who claim to be journalists.

• 31 lisalovesobama
      November 10, 2012 at 4:39 pm

also, they will ask when he will meet with Willard and if he will put him in his cabinet, etc… :roll:

• 32 yardarm756
        November 10, 2012 at 4:51 pm

Oh Lord, I hope not.

• 33 lisalovesobama
          November 10, 2012 at 4:54 pm

yep. I think Chuckie Toad asked Jay about that on Friday.

• 34 nathkatun7
            November 11, 2012 at 3:39 am

Amazing! Did any one ask Bush if he intended to put Al Gore in his cabinet, given the fact that Al Gore won the popular vote and would have won the electoral votes and the Presidency if it the U.S. Supreme Court hadn’t stopped the counting of votes in Florida and handed the presidency to George W. Bush? The U.S. media must think that the vast majority of Americans are suffering from amnesia?

10. 37 Eveingeorgia
    November 10, 2012 at 3:28 pm

@Betseyc
    I just read your gorgeous post. I connected with so much of what you said. There is this sense that he has been called to lead in a way that I have not sensed in other presidents.

He has an enormous load to carry, so we must be vigilant in our support for him and in our prayers. There are some mean, angry and crazy people out here who have lost their minds since this election.

Be brave, be aware and stay strong, for President Obama, his family, and for this beloved country.

11. 39 Bill R.
    November 10, 2012 at 3:28 pm

Excuse me if this has already been posted, a breaking news from NYTimes on Petraeus:

Breaking News Alert
    The New York Times
    Saturday, November 10, 2012 — 1:45 PM EST
    —–

F.B.I. Said to Have Stumbled Into News of Petraeus Affair

The F.B.I. investigation that led to the resignation of David H. Petraeus as C.I.A. director began with a complaint several months ago about “harassing” e-mails sent by Paula Broadwell, Mr. Petraeus’s biographer, to an unidentified third person, a government official briefed on the case said Saturday.
    When F.B.I. agents following up on the complaint began to examine Ms. Broadwell’s e-mails, they discovered exchanges between her and Mr. Petraeus that revealed that they were having an affair, said the official, who spoke of the investigation on the condition of anonymity.
    The person who complained about harassing messages from Ms. Broadwell, according to the official, was not a family member or a government official. One Congressional official who was briefed on the matter said senior intelligence officials had explained that the F.B.I. investigation “started with two women.”
    Read More:

• 40 theo67
      November 10, 2012 at 3:37 pm

Goodness. I certainly hope that doesn’t mean there were more than one affairs. The sad thing is that, like with McCrystal, a lifelong career serving in the military should end with such a scandal. And the President clearly feels the pain of this, given his deep respect for the military and all that they sacrifice. Whether you like or agree with either McCrystal or Petraeus, the fact of their long service in, and dedication to, the military cannot be ignored. And it really is a shame that poor judgment did both men in.

• 41 prettyfoot58
        November 10, 2012 at 3:53 pm

Surely sounds like there may have been more than woman….Mercy!

• 42 dotster3
          November 10, 2012 at 4:44 pm

Read that there have been rumors for years of infidelity. Also that the FBI trigger was because Broadwell was trying to access his secure, official email accounts, which was perplexing.

12. 43 Asher in Boston
    November 10, 2012 at 3:29 pm

Still wearing my grin. It still feel sooooooo damn good. And as for me, I will gloat for the next 4 years. I will never forget all the hate, negativity, racism and msm RW spin that we had to endure. To hell with the msm and the rwnjs.

• 44 theo67
      November 10, 2012 at 3:39 pm

I’m with you, Asher. I’ll hold this feeling of satisfaction in my back pocket – however, the work to make the next four years as accomplished as the last (or more) must begin this week (or rather, yesterday).

• 45 prettyfoot58
      November 10, 2012 at 3:51 pm

Indeeddddddddd…

13. November 10, 2012 at 3:29 pm

14. November 10, 2012 at 3:31 pm

Hi everyone…..have 3 minutes left on my cruise online pkg……well, i survived the twnjs…..felt good to smile at them the last few days…..see you all again on Monday…..proud of you all….and a special Jacqueline O for keeping me posted and sane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• November 10, 2012 at 3:34 pm

Welcome back Barb!!! Loved the updates from Jacqueline, sounded like your trip was, um, interesting! Rest well, see you Monday.

• November 10, 2012 at 4:18 pm

Can’t wait to hear about your ocean adventures! I’ve got a friend who works on a cruise ship, and he said that many pax had a BIG SAD this week. (He’s VERY pro- Obama! Even made sure he mailed in his absentee ballot early.)

15. 53 JER
    November 10, 2012 at 3:39 pm

16. November 10, 2012 at 3:46 pm

17. 75 prettyfoot58
    November 10, 2012 at 3:50 pm

Another Voter Empowerment Act..introduced….this time in the Senate….

18. 76 Pamela
    November 10, 2012 at 3:53 pm

Lunch break!

19. November 10, 2012 at 3:54 pm

I’m wondering if anyone else is as happy as I am that Allen West will no longer be a member of Congress. I’m downright giddy about it! Go, Patrick Murphy!!

20. 81 forus50
    November 10, 2012 at 3:57 pm

Betseyc,
    Wow, what a great story! I remember reading during Nevada early vote about how you took this granddad who had his grandson translating for him to the polls to vote. I loved that story and now reading about how you were so involved in Nevada – just fantastic. You made a difference in a big way. Thank you.

21. 82 prettyfoot58
    November 10, 2012 at 4:02 pm

• 83 susanne
      November 10, 2012 at 4:20 pm

yeah debbie!!! florida vote finally counted, and all your hard work paid off!! yes pbo won! yes murphy won! yes, america won big!! thanks, ms wasserman schultz and all the florida dems that voted, helped neighbors vote, and held scott’s feet to the flames!

22. 84 prettyfoot58
    November 10, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Tired of hearing how the GOP has to change….For goooodness sake….this is the party in which a sigificant about of its members believethat the President is not a citizen….is a Muslim….etc…..This is the party that called PBO the food stamp President…

this is the GOP…it is who they are …i do not see that changing,,,it is their core……

• 85 susanne
      November 10, 2012 at 4:22 pm

so true. and i don’t really think those calls for change are about changing their point of view at all. they want to change how they conduct politics, so they’ll win with those same hideous ideas. the redstate link above is very instructive–they want to copy pbo’s ground game, not his values.

• 86 carolyn
      November 10, 2012 at 4:27 pm

I agree, I don’t think they’ll change. They truly don’t think they have to…..they just have to get better pictures. The Republican party does indeed have to wait for that certain generation to die off and grow up. They will not take responsibility for their losses. Very different from the Democrats in the 70s, who did indeed go through soul searching and responsibility taking to renew themselves and start growing. I think they will just try more voter suppression to keep their power…..but fortunately, we will not be surprised. That is one reason 2014 is so important.

• 88 susanne
      November 10, 2012 at 4:26 pm

i think she’s already been working as a high-profile advocate for military families. she’s like the first lady of the army. this news from bloomberg seems to indicate she’ll be continuing in that role. talk about courage–i salute her, her work, and her endurance under fire.

23. 89 donna dem 4 obama
    November 10, 2012 at 4:29 pm

TOD, more history was made with this election…

White Guys Running the U.S. House Face Diverse Democrats

Come January, women and minorities for the first time in U.S. history will hold a majority of the party’s House seats, while Republicans will continue to be overwhelmingly white and male. The chamber, already politically polarized, more than ever is going to be demographically polarized, too.

BTW – Donna Edwards is my wonderful Representative. :) :) :)

24. November 10, 2012 at 4:32 pm

BTW everyone, when the statement ‘every vote counts’ is made, it’s actually quite true and if you’d like evidence for it in this particular election, check AZ CD2 where 36 votes separate Dem Barber & Repub McSally out of more than 250,000 votes cast!

#FORWARD

• November 10, 2012 at 4:35 pm

Just an update on the House – of the 8 pending House races, AZ CD2 will obviously need a recount. Of the 7 remaining, 1 has been called for Dem Murphy against West and 5 of the 6 other are likely to be Dem :)

• November 10, 2012 at 5:16 pm

WOW great news. I was wondering about these races, Bob. Thanks

• 95 Vicki Green
        November 10, 2012 at 5:35 pm

Thank you, Bobfr. I have been trying all day to get that info and now I’ll bookmark the Times site.
        We will not be in the majority in the House but 1) some of the worst ones: Walsh, West are gone and 2) the closer we can get the count to even the more pressure Boehner may feel that instead of voting a 34th time to repeal the ACA perhaps putting Jobs bill to the vote is what he will have to do.
        Or am I kiddding myself?

25. November 10, 2012 at 4:33 pm

From my facebook timeline this afternoon: Dad-in-Chief

From Barack Loves Michelle via Breast is Best:
    Last Friday (11/2/12) President Obama was speaking at our local high school. I took my 10wk old son with me. I did pack some formula in the bag as I knew the place would be packed and was unsure about breastfeeding in front of thousands. My son is an eater and seeing as we were there about 4 hrs he had no problem devouring the 8oz I packed. So there I was front row with a hungry baby. I knew I didn’t want him to start crying, as the President had just begun to speak, so I covered him up with his blanket and let him go to town. I noticed the President glance at me while speaking and give a little smile. I thought surely I imagined it. Then, when he was done speaking he came down to do the usual crowd greeting, shaking hands and whatnot. As soon as he got close enough, he pointed to me and gestured his hands in the “hand me the baby” manner. So I handed my son over! He danced with him a second and kissed him on his forehead. As he was handing him back he smiled, nodded at me, and said good job. Everyone has been asking why he told me good job and I just giggle. Here I was worried about breastfeeding in front of all those people and the only person who noticed was The President of the United States, and he supports it! Best feeling EVER!

• 97 JojoRaze
      November 10, 2012 at 5:59 pm

Remember PBO had it Obamacare that working women have to get a space at the work place, that isn’t the bathroom, to breastfeed their babies.

26. 98 forus50
    November 10, 2012 at 4:36 pm

• 99 susanne
      November 10, 2012 at 4:45 pm

hey, mark–what were you doing while the prez was getting some exercise and fresh air on a beautiful weekend morning after working an extraordinarily hard week? grumbling into your crappy coffee? get some perspective; get a life.

• 103 lisalovesobama
      November 10, 2012 at 4:47 pm

hahahahhahhahahahhahahhahahhahhahahhahha!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

November 10, 2012 at 4:39 pm

28. November 10, 2012 at 4:44 pm

I am going to have so much FUN with this….. normally I am a magnanimous winner, and a graceful loser. But after all the nonstop continuing abuse from the right, the bone through my POTUS’s nose, the lies, ALL OF IT…. fuck ‘em.

29. November 10, 2012 at 4:45 pm

AMK…
    A man in Phoenix calls his son in New York the day before Thanksgiving and says,”I hate to ruin your day, but I have to tell you that your mother and I are divorcing; forty-five years of misery is enough.

“Pop, what are you talking about?” the son screams. We can’t stand the sight of each other any longer,” the father says. “We’re sick of each other, and I’m sick of talking about this, so you call your sister in Chicago and tell her.”

Frantic, the son calls his sister, who explodes on the phone. “Like heck they’re getting divorced,” she shouts, “I’ll take care of this,”

She calls Phoenix immediately, and screams at her father, “You are NOT getting divorced. Don’t do a single thing until I get there. I’m calling my brother back, and we’ll both be there tomorrow. Until then, don’t do a thing, DO YOU HEAR ME?” and hangs up.

The old man hangs up his phone and turns to his wife. “Okay,” he says, “they’re coming for Thanksgiving and paying their own way. What are we going to do for Christmas?”

November 10, 2012 at 4:45 pm

Republican losers obsessed with our President are pushing an #ObamaChristmasSongs hashtag on Twitter. Something tells me that Romney will end up being the victim of this hashtag when all is said and done.

November 10, 2012 at 4:56 pm

Not that I care all that much, but I noticed that I haven’t seen or heard anything from or about Dylan Ratigan since he left MSNBC. Further, his last tweet from his Twitter account was since June 23nd. His last blog entry at HuffnPuff was in June as well.

Now this guy used to be all over the place, with OWS, peddling books, doing a “jobs tour” blogging on HuffnPuff, and now he’s just disappeared from the face of the earth! I wonder whether there is not a mental issue or drug rehab issue. Sometimes on his show, he just didn’t seem right.

• November 10, 2012 at 5:06 pm

I never liked him, hf, because he seemed fake. There was no way I was buying his sudden populist transformation after knowing he had worked on Wall Street for years, and I didn’t like his constant criticism of everything PBO did/said. I figured that if he was so certain he could have done a better job than PBO, he should have run for president. I don’t like back seat drivers. Wherever he is, may God bless him. I’m just glad that he doesn’t show up on my TV anymore.

32. 122 EDP4BHO
    November 10, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Don’t know if anyone here mentioned, but Florida certified election to PBO. Just heard on NPR.. :-D

33. 123 EDP4BHO
    November 10, 2012 at 5:04 pm

FLORIDA goes to PBO…..can you all hear me !!

November 10, 2012 at 6:06 pm

Florida goes to Obama. Hip, Hip, Hooray, the President carried all the battle ground states but one, North Carolina.

34. 125 EDP4BHO
    November 10, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Okay, I’m late as usual. I see Tally already announced. See that’s what happens when I take time off to do housework. Oh well, better luck next time :-D

• November 10, 2012 at 5:23 pm

But see, if it was ME checking in, late as ALWAYS, I’d LOVE that you posted this. I STILL LOVE that you posted this, because I CAN’T HEAR IT ENOUGH!!! :D :D :D

35. November 10, 2012 at 5:15 pm

36. November 10, 2012 at 5:22 pm

So many possibilities….

• 136 mtmarilyn
      November 10, 2012 at 5:30 pm

Keep it up guys. I love all this. I am also writing a letter to all my family and friends. I have decided it is time for me to stand up for this man with the people around me who I love but didn’t want to alienate. Now if I do alienate them it is okay. They didn’t speak out against all the hate and lies about this wonderful President and he has now won by a landslide. Most of the people of the United States want him as President. I will no longer allow anyone around me to badmouth this man in front of me. I have had enough.

This site and all you wonderful people have helped to get me and all of us thru this. We now need to be there in the future. I am excited about the future now. FORWARD!!!

• 138 4morefor44
        November 10, 2012 at 5:37 pm

yesssss!! way to go, the truth will set you, and them, free!

November 10, 2012 at 5:40 pm

Hi, Mom!! So glad to hear this from you…I know that you’ve had a tough election season this year:) Testor won, too:) Good news! Unfortunately, no one ever talks to those of us that love, adore, appreciate all this President has done…they seem to only hone in on the nutbags and haters. It’s enough to get anyone down. We’ll ALL move this country forward, together, to its rightful, better place. There are many more of us, than them…..I feel marvelous!!!

• 140 mtmarilyn
          November 10, 2012 at 6:10 pm

Hi DF, it has been a tough year for many reasons, but knowing this place was here keep us all going. I think we all hoped there were many more of us, but the constant feed from the msm and the professional left had us all alittle unsure. Now is the time for us all to stand up. We know we are not alone. There will always be nutjobs out there. They may have a bigger mouthplace, Fox, etc. But there are more of us. It is such a marvelous feeling. We are all ready to fight back. We will be doing this together!!!!

• November 10, 2012 at 6:59 pm

You were the first person I thought of after I found out that Tester had won. I was hoping it would make you happy. You’re a real Obamabot living in a red state, mtmarilyn, just like me. I live in GA, and I’m waiting on the day that some good dems step up and challenge Suxby Chambliss or Johnny “do nothing” Isakson. I plan to work my butt off to replace them.

37. November 10, 2012 at 5:27 pm

November 10, 2012 at 5:33 pm

On RedState, of all places, there’s a damning investigation of why Romney’s vaunted ground game smartphone app was a big airball:

So what caused the breakdown and why didn’t it get fixed in time? Well according to sources who worked closely with the program, the blame is at the feet of consultants.
    Specifically Targeted Victory, FLS Connect, and The Stevens and Schriefer Group. While the Romney campaign did work with other consultants, they were apparently not part of the problem.
    They say that the truth is the consultants essentially used the Romney campaign as a money making scheme, forcing employees to spin false data as truth in order to paint a rosy picture of a successful campaign as a form of job security.

Karma works

• November 10, 2012 at 6:00 pm

Well at least one or two Republicans are beginning to get it. From the comments on that article:

‘Yet more evidence that we have been living in fantasyland for too long now. I don’t want to hear that this is all Romney’s fault, or all the campaign’s fault. The simple fact is that in the run-up to this election, we were fed a steady diet of lies, from all our “loyal” sources. We need to hold not only the Romney campaign accountable, but also the conservative press (specifically the Murdoch press – Fox was the worst of the bunch), and the establishment talking heads like Karl Rove and Peggy Noonan. We need to get clear about something: these people are selling us a product. They have been taking our money and telling us bedtime stories. We complain about the MSM, but can we honestly say that the conservative press has been more honest?

How do we expect to win elections if we can’t even get straight facts about the electorate? But maybe it’s our own fault. There was practically a revolt around here when Erik said he didn’t think the polls were false. And yet he was right, and they were right. Have we become allergic to the truth?”

And:

“I donated to the Romney campaign. Not much, but it was what a could afford. I think it came out to about $300. That’s grocery money to feed my family. That’s gas money to get my kids to school and for me to get to work. And this is how it was spent? To line the pockets of wealthy charlatans? Words can’t describe how angry this makes me. And this “good man” allowed this to go on right under his nose. Mitt Romney owes me and a lot of other Americans a huge apology.”

39. 153 4morefor44
    November 10, 2012 at 5:34 pm

so with florida official, my electoral prediction was perfect. i made it months ago and never wavered. came up with it by thinking about each state individually and making educated guesses on what was happening in each one based on a number of different factors.

now nate silver…didn’t he have president obama in the 280-290 range prediction roughly a week before the election? and as usual, the computerized wind sock he calls a “model” starts to move back to the number me and so many others had all along. the last number i saw from him was 313, and yet people salivate over him as some sort of political nostradamus. i don’t the fanboi stuff with him.

40. 157 FiredUpInCA
    November 10, 2012 at 5:39 pm

For those of us who are still in gloat mode, Forbes has a great piece about the monumental managerial incompetence of the guy who ran on being a manager:

Romney the Great Manager? Not Nearly as Good as Obama, the Election Proved

• 158 susanne
      November 10, 2012 at 5:51 pm

those of us who are still in gloat mode? are there other kinds? :)

we won this hard fight, fair and square, against a dirty player with unlimited money and clout. party on dems! we earned a good long victory dance!

• 159 susanne
        November 10, 2012 at 6:05 pm

the article says the flat tire of the rethug campaign was robmey’s poor management skills. i would add, in case they forgot–he was a liar, a bully, a smarmy creep. those were three more flat tires. the dead engine was the rethug coalition of racists, misogynists, loons, and greedy grumps. no wonder it ended up in the crusher!

• November 10, 2012 at 7:10 pm

The only Americans to whom this will seem like news are those who haven’t been keeping up with the way PBO does things. He’s not lazy, he always does things to the best of his ability, and he surrounds himself with top notch individuals who have the interests of the American people foremost in their minds. IMO, Romney’s Achilles heel was his reliance on dedicating important tasks to members of his campaign team and to his business buddies. The one decent piece of advice Peggy Noonan gave him, he failed to take. She said he needed to clean house, yet, he kept the same people in place. Fehrnstrom, Saul, and Sununu were terrible campaign surrogates/spokespersons, and Trump was like a festering boil on his butt.

41. November 10, 2012 at 5:43 pm

i love this quote.

Hats off @ Messina & co. However, as one reporter pointed out Romney supporters never loved their leader as Obama’s did theirs. Anti-Obama passion only gets you so far.

At almost all Obama stop, someone would spontaneously yell, “we love you.” And the President would respond with “I love you back.” That love was missing from Romney campaign.

The heartless campaign which encouraged people to care only about themselves and not about others ultimately failed. Their poor analysis of polls showed that they lacked brains as well as hearts.

42. November 10, 2012 at 5:43 pm

I’ve been trying to find information regarding the order in which states were called for the two presidential candidates. Does anyone know where I could find this?

November 10, 2012 at 6:15 pm

Any blogsite which liveblogged the results should have that info. I’m providing a link to Old Orange which liveblogged the entire evening from the first set of returns through PBO’s acceptance speech. Start with liveblog #2, and move up through the numbers. :)

On the other hand, you might want to check perhaps Youtube for video footage of election night coverage on the various networks.

43. November 10, 2012 at 5:45 pm

And because the president’s re-election has reaffirmed my faith in humanity, I offer this:

In 2008, pres-elect Obama had his employees paid through Dec of that year.

44. November 10, 2012 at 6:03 pm

More later – must eat FUD!

45. November 10, 2012 at 6:13 pm

46. November 10, 2012 at 6:18 pm

• November 10, 2012 at 6:29 pm

YEah and someone needs to tweet about teddie nugent: “Hey Ted, ‘dead or in jail’ YOU PROMISED. Be a man for once and make good on your word.”

• 183 Pamela
      November 10, 2012 at 6:30 pm

No country on this Earth would want that scumbag… Or any of his cronies, no matter how much stolen money they may carry! Afraid we are stuck with his low level ilk. :(

• 184 magapie
        November 10, 2012 at 6:37 pm

That’s right and jail would be a waste of taxpayers money and we KNOW how he feels about that. Hmmm….maybe a row boat in the north Atlantic with Meatloaf? They could play “sing” to each other!!

• 186 nathkatun7
        November 11, 2012 at 4:18 am

You are absolutely right, Pamela. I don’t even think that libertarian/anarchist Somalia would welcome them. But then again given the fact that Somalia is predominantly black and muslim I am not sure that any one these “scum bugs” racists would take a chance on emigrating there.

47. 187 dotster3
    November 10, 2012 at 6:19 pm

48. November 10, 2012 at 6:22 pm

Frank Luntz: Fox Viewers “Ought To Be Outraged Because, Day In And Day Out, They Were Told” Romney Would Win
    You have to tell your clients the truth??? When was that? … Republic establishment polls were wrong?? HA!

• 190 susanne
      November 10, 2012 at 6:37 pm

excellent article–thanks maryl. all the rethug posturing about how pbo will have to negotiate with them is pathetic wishful thinking, mixed with the usual smoke screen, trying to hide their forlorn position.

• November 10, 2012 at 6:44 pm

Many of us just smiled when Boehner was prancing around with his ‘got 98%’ last year – and wrote about it, here and elsewhere. I haven’t stopped smiling since … and when the Election was called on Tuesday evening, that smile extended to a sustained bout of laughter (amidst the tears!).

Well, I can’t imagine how much our President and VP are looking forward to next Friday, but I’d bet you anything when they are alone together they are howling with laughter. McConnell, Boehner, et al., are gonna go right off that ‘fiscal cliff’ and the President isn’t going to do a damn thing to stop that from happening.

Mary, thank you for the link to smartypants – so cool to read those comments and they assured me I was hardly alone in my glee :D :D

#FORWARD

November 10, 2012 at 6:28 pm

November 10, 2012 at 6:57 pm

aspirational12, is better than I am because I would have told Victoria Jackson, you’re a first class jackass.

50. 198 ewok2
    November 10, 2012 at 6:29 pm

Recall in 2008 Senator was running against the candidate with “experience” that was Hillary, he beat her to become the Democratic nominee for President. Then he had to face off with the “War Hero”Mcain, the guy that had foreign policy and military experience, Senator Obama beat him to become the first AA President. Here comes 2012 he is running against the “genius CEO, the Great Businessman” again President Obama, bested him and showed him how an experienced CEO gets the job done. President Obama is a gifted man, he could have easily been a multi-million a thousand times over a long time ago, but he does not see money as something to persue feverishly, he sees the advancement of his fellow humans and the investment in them a priceless endeavor that pays off dividends for years and years.

November 10, 2012 at 7:26 pm

Excellent analysis ewok.

• 200 nathkatun7
      November 11, 2012 at 4:28 am

“President Obama is a gifted man, he could have easily been a multi-million a thousand times over a long time ago, but he does not see money as something to persue feverishly, he sees the advancement of his fellow humans and the investment in them a priceless endeavor that pays off dividends for years and years.”

Bravo, ewok2! This is an excellent insight that captures what President Obama is all about. By the way, the same is true of VP Biden. No wonder they get along so well. They are both about using public office to improve the lives of ordinary people.

51. November 10, 2012 at 6:34 pm

“… but he does not see money as something to persue feverishly, he sees the advancement of his fellow humans and the investment in them a priceless endeavor that pays off dividends for years and years.”

Crucial insights, ewok!! Well done!!

#TrustBarack

Yes We Did

• 202 ewok2
      November 10, 2012 at 6:49 pm

Thanks Bob. I really did enjoy this election as well as 2008, there were a lot of laughs as the Repugs tried to take down President Obama. As a scripture says, “no weapon form against me shall prosper.” As they tried to thow their dirt on him, everything they did backfired. Now they want to blame an act of God, hurricane Sandy for their loss of momentum. America saw a competent CIC a Democrat taking care of her citizens. Their logic is comical, in 2008 when the economy was tanking they blamed that for Mcain losing, now if they were competent would not the American people trust them with the economy and vote them in to fix it? It is the same as 2012, the American people trust Democrats with the US economy. I never worry about President Obama, I just wait for his next move and I trust his judgement, which is what won him the election in 2008.

52. 203 dotster3
    November 10, 2012 at 6:39 pm

Very underwhelming reaction by Bri Wi to the moment Obama wins Oh and thus re-election. Sounds sleepy, seemingly unaware that he was reporting an historical moment. Exuberant Chgo crowd makes up for his laziness tho.

• 204 susanne
      November 10, 2012 at 6:56 pm

…there it is….there it is…..big blue screen….

i was watching at the time and honestly felt like i’d been robbed. were they disappointed that it was over? drugged? what?

• 205 4morefor44
      November 10, 2012 at 6:56 pm

wow. that’s amazing. williams and chuckie-boy literally sound depressed. then williams comes back out and starts talking about the supposed horrible 1st debate performance…RIGHT AT THE EXACT MOMENT HE’S RE-ELECTED AND PEOPLE GOING BERSERK BEHIND HIM?!?! by the way brian, president obama won the first debate…you and your friends purposely created this false idea that he lost it so you could have something to harp on forever since you had nothing else, hence you’re talking about right when he wins!!

my god, these people don’t even try to hide their bias against the black man, or any liberal for that matter, anymore. what a f-ing joke! we must continue to make them irrelevant forever.

• November 10, 2012 at 6:59 pm

Never mind Bri Wi (bringing up that stupid debate AGAIN – because that’s the only thing that matters after 4 years), that crowd had me crying all over again!

• November 10, 2012 at 7:08 pm

I can’t hear them over MY AWESOME POTUS WINING A SECOND TERM!!!

• November 10, 2012 at 7:08 pm

…..How ya like me now?

53. 212 dotster3
    November 10, 2012 at 6:48 pm

I see Paula Broadwell’s big 40th bday party has been cancelled for this weekend by her husband, a radiologist. Many beltway reporters were invited.

54. November 10, 2012 at 6:54 pm

HIdee O’s!!!! Another chest thumping getting up day in TOD town. So I’ perusing the RWNJ sites and have come to the conclusion that they are batsh!t crazy. I’ve read everything from PBO’s Chicago thug machine hacked the highly advanced ORCA tech application, to PBO ordering the EPA to put crystals in the water to cause hurricane Sandy, to voting machines calibrated to send in votes for PBO.

Then there’s the Mitt is an ahole meme from using donation money to pay for cab fares for the volunteers who had their credit cards cancelled, to ORCA consultants sabotaging the campaign, to not getting a thank-you email after volunteering and donating. They are not happy campers at all. They’re mostly confused and still haven’t figured out they’ve been lied to. Oh dear, them’s the breaks

Then there’s this:

“It’s not the only bit of quirky trivia reported on in the post-election coffee buzz. The Boston Globe discovered that Romney planned an eight-minute fireworks display over the Boston Harbor as part of his victory celebration. The Globe’s Glen Johnson reported, “The Romney show had a patriotic theme, heavy on red, white, and blue colors, and featured crowd-pleasing large chrysanthemum bursts.” After Romney’s concession, the show that never happened got dismantled and returned to the fireworks company.”

55. 219 Elly in Maryland
    November 10, 2012 at 7:03 pm

I haven’t read much here today, had to work. But I wanted to say – this morning I listened to an NPR program I like, “On the Media,” and caught the tail end of Jake Tapper of ABC talking about the WH press corps and their relationship with the WH/Obama etc. I was shocked at how hostile he revealed himself to be, in public, toward the President and his team. From my end, I listen to a WH press conference and those reporters sound like total idiots, most asking inane or “gotcha” questions. So why would anyone respect them? (I did not hear the whole piece, but when I went to the website, I saw they first spoke to Glen Greenwald – super ughhh. I might be losing my taste for the program.

56. 220 a4alice
    November 10, 2012 at 7:05 pm

@BetseyC

Whew! Finally caught up and now I gotta fly outta here to an OFA party. I just wanted to say THANKYOU ~ this was such great piece on how your experience was, it was totally inspirational – I’m going to email the link to all of the peeps that I still have from the different teams. It’s awesome and yes, I agree about the just putting your head down and doing the work so you don’t worry. I think that was why I just had to go home on the night of the election and not be downtown where so many had congregated.

It was a heartfelt beautiful account and I certainly could related to many things you described. Thanks so much!!! :D

• 221 daisydem
      November 10, 2012 at 7:52 pm

Listen, when it comes down to WH press conferences, I remember when Clinton was President; I really wanted to listen to the press conferences because I wanted to hear what he had to say on a subject; but (and maybe this is when it started); the asshole reporters would ask a question; he would answer, then call on another reporter who would ask the very same question, sometimes more provacatively (sp?), but he had already answered it … and on and on and on it would go … the inane questions over and over ….

• 222 daisydem
        November 10, 2012 at 7:53 pm

To go on … I found myself yelling at the tv .. “he’s answered the question you dumbskull … can we go on please?” until I just gave up watching. Then of course I never watched the Bush press conferences … who would have wanted to?

November 10, 2012 at 7:08 pm

It’s getting to be that time of year again…came across this recipe for Egg Nog at BJ…looks good to me! I only drink this while decorating the Christmas tree…it’s a tradition in our family. I’m thinking this tastes better than the stuff in the can:) I think I’ll try it! Plus, the fact that they admitted to yakking up Southern Comfort on the golf course…been there, done that!

• 224 susanne
      November 10, 2012 at 7:17 pm

so…. how many weeks does it take you to decorate the tree, df? :)

• November 10, 2012 at 7:25 pm

Eggnog + brandy + nutmeg + decorating fresh Christmas tree + hot choc chip cookies with red/green sprinkles + watching SCROOGED + Frank, Dean, and Vince Guaraldi music for the rest of the month = EPIC WIN.

58. November 10, 2012 at 7:27 pm

59. November 10, 2012 at 7:29 pm

Now who can handle money better???

60. 232 kasai
    November 10, 2012 at 8:47 pm

Betsy Thank you > You are a treasure:-)
    Good Evening Tod’s..If yall want to gloat some more….This is Funny!!!! lol!!