Nov

Rise and Shine

Monday: The President has no public events scheduled in observance of Veterans Day

Tuesday: Attends meetings at the White House

Wednesday: Holds a news conference in the East Room. He will also meet with business leaders at the White House

Thursday: The President will travel to the New York City area to view the storm damage, talk with citizens who are recovering from the storm and thank first responders who put their lives at risk to protect their communities

Friday: The President will meet with Congressional leaders of both parties at the White House to discuss the action needed to be taken to keep the economy growing and reduce the deficit

Cagle

NYT: President Obama, emboldened by his decisive re-election and lessons learned over four years in office, is looking to the renewal of budget talks with Republicans this week as a second chance to take command of the nation’s policy debates and finally fulfill his promise to end gridlock in Washington, associates say.

As he prepares to meet with Congressional leaders at the White House on Friday, aides say, Mr. Obama will not simply hunker down there for weeks of closed-door negotiations as he did in mid-2011 …. He will travel beyond the Beltway at times to rally public support for a deficit-cutting accord that mixes tax increases on the wealthy with spending cuts.

…. with the election campaign over, the campaign for the Obama legacy begins: Mr. Obama will keep his grass-roots organization in place to “have the president’s back,” as its members like to say, on the budget negotiations and other issues in the second term. Democrats concede that the network has not been a particularly effective legislative lobby to date. But they argue that when it was activated to pass payroll tax cuts and low-interest student loans, the pressure made a difference.

…. His first trip outside Washington to engage the public will come after Thanksgiving, since Mr. Obama is scheduled to leave next weekend on a diplomatic trip to Asia.

Full article here

@txvoodoo

Absolutely adore the fact that the word ‘phew‘ trended worldwide on Twitter when President Obama was re-elected :cool:

Cagle

Cagle

Now, I don’t want to go on about this – well, that’s a complete lie, I do – but thanks to a very kind TOD lurker called Mandy, I’ve finally seen another comment left here by Scout Tufankjian – one that settles an ugly exchange between me and Bobfr for once and for all:

Bob? I accept your apology which I’m sure you’ll post soon – don’t worry about it, we can, hopefully, move on from this.

Scout? I ♥ you! Rest well after the campaign, you deserve it.

Moooooooooooorning everyone.

188 Responses to “Rise and Shine”

1. 1 cookemom
    November 12, 2012 at 8:58 am

Up and at ‘em O folks!! It’s another great getting up day here in the TOD house!

So I’m thinking the FBI must really not like Petreaus. They use their power to investigate a citizen’s claim of email harassment (didn’t know they did that). Then, they find out there’s no there there. Then the STILL take it forward cause an agent didn’t think the investigation got the attention and take down of Petreaus it deserved. Whew, smh at the nonsende when folks are in real trouble.

2. 4 Marth
    November 12, 2012 at 8:58 am

GM TOD what a beautiful day

3. 5 Proud Former White House Intern
    November 12, 2012 at 8:59 am

Good morning TOD!

November 12, 2012 at 9:01 am

G’morning Chips, TOD, lurkers, and congratulations cookemom on #1! :)

• 7 cookemom
      November 12, 2012 at 9:04 am

Hiya HF and all you TODdies! It’s a brrrr day in my neck of the woods, but sunny so that helps.

November 12, 2012 at 9:11 am

That brrr is slowly but surely coming our way in MD/DC area. I’m enjoying the last scrap of warmth while I can!

November 12, 2012 at 9:03 am
  6. 13 Pamela
    November 12, 2012 at 9:03 am

G’day, all set? Later, y”all! :)

7. 14 cookemom
    November 12, 2012 at 9:10 am
  8. 16 japa21
    November 12, 2012 at 9:11 am

Love Scout’s giving love to you. I missed that too.

9. 19 dotster3
    November 12, 2012 at 9:11 am

I also love the world-wide popularity of the wore “phew” as the whole globe exhaled. I also am fond of “whew”. And—–I hate the phrase “hunker down”, in case anyone was wondering.

10. 24 squarepeg
    November 12, 2012 at 9:12 am

Good morning. Wow, Chuckles Todd is doing his level best to discredit PBO this morning on MSNBC. They just can’t stand that he’s a good man, they have to find something to try to bring him down.

• 25 Carol
      November 12, 2012 at 9:19 am

What did he say? I don’t watch him anymore.

• 26 cookemom
      November 12, 2012 at 9:21 am

I’m watching it and I’m sorry, what did I miss him say about PBO that was discrediting? I’ll be the first to call the mothers out, but I’m just not getting where all this post election boo hoo on the media we’re getting. We won. Why is it important to kill so many pixels when they say something we don’t like, especially when you don’t tell us what they said? Happy happy joy joy. Hows about we just bask in our victory for a second? Hows about we wait and see where PBO wants to take us and prepare ourselves to be ready when he calls on us? Hows about we take his lead? He never relied on the MSM or what the pundits had to say. He went around them, straight to us, the people. Can we at least get the punditry out of heads?

• 27 cookemom
        November 12, 2012 at 9:24 am

Well, if you understood that, you’re good. My fingers were typing faster than my mind was formulating. In a nutshell, there’s nothing the pundits could say now that should cause us any angst or mention.

• November 12, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Hi cookemom – I am so many others agree with you. The pundits are irrelevant, and so many people who enjoy political blogs just do not want to rehash and then vent about all that.

• November 12, 2012 at 11:49 am

I like your thinking here, cookemom. I have completely divorced myself from the media, at least for now – and I’m hoping to make it permanent. Your point about President Obama not relying on the media, but going around them to us – it’s so true. It’s what got the people out to vote. He worked hard, his campaign and volunteers worked hard to reach as many individual people as possible, and negate the false narrative from the media. The media, since he won, has been working steadily to invalidate the enormity of his win and their fail. I prefer to sign and gloat and enjoy this victory, and if I immerse myself in the media nonsense, I’ll have to stop enjoying and start worrying and fretting. There is nothing good to be gained from the media. I’ll get my news here and on twitter. I would rather live in that “happy happy joy joy” state that you mentioned.

• 30 susanne
          November 12, 2012 at 2:04 pm

second that! happy happy joy joy is exactly where we need to be right now.

we need to feel this, fully experience it, and own it right down to our bones! this is what it’s like to do it right.

11. November 12, 2012 at 9:16 am

Love the cartoon where the Republicans are represented by a white rainbow. The problem of course is that there are no such things as white rainbows. Poor Rethugs. When they finally disappear, they won’t know what hit them.

12. 33 Ladyhawke
    November 12, 2012 at 9:18 am

AIN’T THAT THE TRUTH? AN EXCELLENT OBSERVATION REQUIRING MORE ATTENTION AND SUNLIGHT.

Jesse Taylor ‏@jesseltaylor

—————————————

Politico writes a piece on the GOP media bubble, and misses one critical thing.

—————————————–

• November 12, 2012 at 9:40 am

I’ve noted two different “media bubbles.” Yes, the right has been existing in one for quite some time, but there’s another pernicious one in the quote “mainstream media.”

13. 35 57andFemale
    November 12, 2012 at 9:20 am

Did you guys know about this?

14. November 12, 2012 at 9:22 am

Good morning, TODville!!!!

And just in case you haven’t had the chance to peruse Scout’s gorgeous web site and her phenomenal photos:

I was first mesmerized by her stunning photos very, very early in the 2008 campaign. But just look at everything and you will be in complete awe. And yes, there’s her book on the first campaign, Yes We Can.

Go. It will make you very happy on a Monday. Or Tuesday or any day of the week.

• 37 susanne
      November 12, 2012 at 2:13 pm

wow!! those pix are amazing! thanks so much for the link, meta.

and chips, you know we’re partial, but your photos here are superb, too! especially the horse poop one :)

15. 38 proudmemberofglobalzero
    November 12, 2012 at 9:24 am

Good Morning TOD family. I have many chores today before work so I can’t stay long. Just wanted to say to Chips, I am glad you will keep this site up. We need everyone’s insight to keep the votes in congress on the correct side.

On another note totally off topic. Just found out my middle son will not be home for Thanksgiving. Wow, the thought of peeling 10 pounds of potatoes all by myself is enough for me to take the Turkey recipe on the last thread to heart!

Time to get off and start moving. Have a great TOD day!

16. 42 Don
    November 12, 2012 at 9:25 am

Poor “Chucky Toad” and “Morose Joe,” they want it so badly to be President Obama’s fault that Gen. Paterus couldn’t keep his pants on. I can’t wait until Wednesday’s Press Conference so President Obama himself set their asses straight.

• 43 cookemom
      November 12, 2012 at 9:29 am

Sheesh, let it go, we won.

• 44 Don
        November 12, 2012 at 9:39 am

You know what? You are so right, maybe I should just sit back and enjoy President Obama’s victory. But goddamnit! I just can’t let those fuckers ride off into the sunset. I’m trying to enjoy this victory, I really am.

• 45 cookemom
          November 12, 2012 at 9:48 am

You can do it! As long as you keep them in your head, you elevate them to a position of control that is undeserved. It serves no purpose to rehash to us what they are saying. We know what they’re saying. In the end, they are doing what they get paid the big bucks to do. They don’t care what we think about it. The best way to handle it is to tweet, email, or write the sponsors of their shows. It’s all about the Benjamins.

17. November 12, 2012 at 9:26 am

Haw!! Check this out!! Crazy.

photo/1

November 12, 2012 at 9:32 am

Happy ?

19. 54 cookemom
    November 12, 2012 at 9:34 am

Dem Governor called for Washington State. 2 House Dems in Arizona leading their Repub opponent. Same for a House seat in Fla, Cal, and one other state I didn’t catch. So it’s looking even better for the home team.

November 12, 2012 at 9:39 am
  21. 58 CEB
    November 12, 2012 at 9:41 am

Good morning on one of the best days ever because we are one day away from the first week anniversary of the re-election of the best POTUS ever.

• 59 theo67
      November 12, 2012 at 12:08 pm

:) It is a watershed moment, because it’s the moment when President Obama completed his last ever campaign and the moment the GOP and media lost any leverage they ever had on him. It’s the moment his legacy was secured and that we knew nobody else (especially that sheister) would be able to take credit for President Obama’s good, honest work. It’s right to mark the anniversary.

22. 60 Soca Sweet
    November 12, 2012 at 9:41 am

Morning everyone.

I think that Chuckie et al should be reminded over and over that POTUS won the Cuban vote in Fl. so that they can disabuse themselves of the notion that Rubio is their answer for 2016. Let them know that they have no answer in 2016. They are finished.

I want a tweeter to remind Howard Fineman of his words : Romney will raise a lot of money and that is why he will be the next President. Foolish man

I am still trying to decide whether to forgive Michael Moore for saying that we should practise saying President Romney.

Congratulations everyone. Thanks to everyone especially Chips.

• November 12, 2012 at 9:45 am

Note to Howard…you just can’t buy loyalty.

November 12, 2012 at 9:57 am

What is wrong with these cable pundits and so call journalists. It is not about picking a Rubio, it’s about the policies Rubio supports. If you pick a Latino Republican and they believes the same B.S. that a Rush Limbaugh believes, do these people think the Latino community is going to be so stupid as to vote for the guy and not pay any attention to what the person stand for. Who is the black person they are going to pick, or have they completely given up on the black community. It’s about the policies, I keep saying.

• November 12, 2012 at 11:38 am

These assholes just like hearing themselves talk…….someone needs to tell them “NO ONE IS LISTENING TO YOU”.

• 65 veryslowwriter
        November 12, 2012 at 12:35 pm

These are the people who say that PBO won because young voters — particularly women — think he’s handsome and cool. (Yes, he is both.) Not because of his political positions. So Rubio is good looking and Latino, which means he’ll be a great candidate. Shallow doesn’t even begin to describe almost all of the pundits.

• 66 TrumpDog
      November 12, 2012 at 10:10 am

I won’t. I still haven’t forgiven Maher for the shit he’s said or for Ed encouraging people not to vote in 2010.

23. November 12, 2012 at 9:44 am

That video of the president talking with the newly engaged couple is fun and funny. How lovely to have a president who is at ease in all situations. Comander in chief on veterans day, and just an interested guy listening to a love story on another day. How many men in power can do that and make it genuine.

24. November 12, 2012 at 9:48 am

Good Morning TOD Family.

Gosh Chips. . . I have to respect you more now… YOU ARE A HUGE CELEBRITY! Congrats!
    Going for big times! But let me say, you certainly deserve it!
    Thanks for all you do.

November 12, 2012 at 9:48 am

The Cagle cartoon of the rainbow? Fan-fucking-brilliant. Glad that OFA is staying intact in some form to rally the masses on the President’s behalf. We need all tools to keep reminding the republicans they lost the election and the public voted for more of Pres. Obama’s policies.

26. 79 collegekay
    November 12, 2012 at 9:59 am

I can’t wait until Wednesday for the press conference. I bet Tapper is going to be the biggest douche of them all. PBO will smack them down with their idiotic gotcha questions.

• November 12, 2012 at 10:04 am

You and me both. Our craptastic press is already carrying a big chip on their shoulders because they haven’t had their chance at him for a long time. I say, bring it on.

November 12, 2012 at 10:03 am

THIS! A thousand times.

28. November 12, 2012 at 10:05 am

Morning TOD. Heading off to work but just wanted to say that I intend to work hard to get rid of the obstructionist house in 2014 so that the President accomplishes everything on his agenda.

29. November 12, 2012 at 10:09 am

Will be off to see our new little granddaughter for a couple of days, but wanted to add a thought about what we all can do now on a local level. Sure we’ll be following the president’s lead on lobbying issues and I’m sure OFA will give us plenty of tools. But the giant OFA machine in Chicago is closing its doors, our local field officers have gone home and those who were data entry managers are now closed out from the magnificent VoteBuilder. All those wonderful systems and information sources won’t be there for our local elections to school boards and town councils in 2013. And they won’t be there in all their glory when we elect new governors and congressmen in 2014. So what now? Now each of us is left to fall back on the lessons and tactics we learned in the last year and we have to practice them on our own, without coaches, except for friends here at TOD. So let’s start helping each other become the community organizers that our president hoped we would be. Let’s be change he asked of us. I, for one, want to continue to keep our local team alive, capitalizing on the bond that we all developed through long campaign hours. I want to meet with them, strategize with them and keep alive the commitment to get better and more people-focused candidates to run for office and win. I especially want to keep reaching out to the Latino voters who helped us to win our little city in the midst of of bright red county. Instead of just asking for their vote in a presidential year, I want to keep our Hispanic Initiative going by continuing to raise funds for voter outreach so we can hold events and build relationships,that work in off years and mid-terms when fewer people take the time to vote. I’m sure lots of people have great ideas for keeping our community organizing muscles alive, but I’d love for a chance to discuss this from time to time as we all take on the daunting task of building a true progressive democracy, from the lowest county office to the presidency. Nobody else is going to step in to do this for us. This is our job and our time and we need to be ready for it.

• November 12, 2012 at 10:14 am

I’m SO with you on this. I will miss VoteBuilder and Dashboard, incredibly powerful tools. So we have to leverage our teams and maintain those relationships we built over time. I’m in. FORWARD.

• 101 jackiegrumbacher
        November 12, 2012 at 10:20 am

Yes, meta, we have to support each other and report progress as we take our baby steps on our own. I think the greatest tribute we could give our president to build our own army of trained, committed grassroots organizers, ready to fight for every election, not matter how small.

• 102 cookemom
      November 12, 2012 at 10:17 am

Great post and i’ll add that if you have a hankering for politics up close and personal, run for an office. IT could the library board, public works, dog catcher, trustee, or mayor. Throw your hat into the ring and call on the folks who were involved with the OFA operations in your community. They’ll be sure to help. Politics start at the local level. That’s how we build a strong Dem coalition and identify the up and coming leaders in our organization. I have taken to a very young AA Democrat that is running for an office in my town. I’m going to do all I can to get this young person elected. I see his potential, but more than that I see an enthusiasm to serve that I’m sure comes from PBO’s influence on him.

• 103 jackiegrumbacher
        November 12, 2012 at 10:23 am

That’s fantastic, cookemom. That’s why I’ve been looking for a Latino to run for our city council. If one person from the Latino community could run and win, it would build a sense of confidence and commitment in the election process that would the real basis for change. Next step would be mayor and then, who knows?

• November 12, 2012 at 11:17 am

Yep, that is my plan. I am a precinct delegate and was able to network and connect with alot of Dems in my area during the campaign. Now I have decided I need to run for a “larger office” to continue the movement. All due to the influence of our President.

30. 107 cookemom
    November 12, 2012 at 10:09 am

Off topic, but I just read the turkey recipe on the last thead……BWHAAAAAAA!!!!!!

31. November 12, 2012 at 10:13 am
  32. 109 TrumpDog
    November 12, 2012 at 10:13 am

Chip, I am loving you and Scout’s exchanges. Too cute— and funny.

33. 111 canadabarb4obama
    November 12, 2012 at 10:21 am

Hi everyone! I am home at last. I just wanted to say, please keep helping PBO get his agenda through the stubborn congress that still seems to think they are in charge.

• 115 HZ
      November 12, 2012 at 10:43 am

GM Chips and my TOD Family. It is a lovely morning out on the westcoast. Beautiful sunrise this morning. Just checking in to say hello to Chips and my family here.

Enjoying my visit with my brother still. Another guest coming in tonight. Lots of joy in the home, and I am so blessed. My brother is spoiling me as usual with his gift for cooking great meals. He keeps me moving. I used my ecliptical this morning and broke a sweat and then did my dancing to Ms. Franklin which helped me to break another sweat. My cardiologist will be happy as well. Brother went hiking, so I am doing fine. So happy to see him and have him visit with me.

I just want to say how much I am so grateful to our dear Chips for this beautiful haven for our family and our beautiful and very capable POTUS.

As Jackie said, we must keep working. Pastor’s sermon was about that yesterday, “We Have Work To Do.” We have to continue to be here for POB and make sure we carry out daily something good to help him and VP Biden to accomplish the goals to move this country FORWARD. So pray hard, meditate much on all of the issues, and lift POB and his team up daily. We will make this just fine. We just need to remember where we have been thus far on this journey, and surely keep moving forward in this last lap. Keep moving FORWARD.

(((((((((((((((((( Much Love to my Chips today and all of my TOD Family.)))))))))))))))))) HZ

• 116 mtmarilyn
        November 12, 2012 at 10:53 am

Good morning HZ. You are so right, we have work to do. We must not let 2010 happen again.

• 117 HZ
          November 12, 2012 at 10:59 am

Good Morning Mtmarilyn. How are you my precious one? I hope all is well. Yes, we must be ready to carry out our jobs in 2014. We must not fail to listen and be ready to help POB this time. We have to work just as hard in 2014 as we worked in 2012. POB will need all hands on deck. We must take this mindset and do this. This is part of the blessing that we we received this past week. Keep the prayers going up and the blessings will come down upon us. We can’t leave him out there alone. I am in for sure by the grace of my Almighty power to keep moving forward to help bless so many who need us so much.

Have a lovely day, my dear Mtmarlyn. ((((((((( Love you very much))))))))))) HZ

November 12, 2012 at 10:54 am

Morning, HZ! Sounds like your brother’s visit was a breath of fresh air and reguvinating for you! Sounds to me like you’re kicking ass and taking names:) Wonderful news!! Brother’s tend to do that, don’t they? Will see mine in a few weeks when I go visit my dad for his 80th birthday in FL…when my sister, brother and I get together…well, let’s just say it’s pretty comical:) Looking forward to it…that’s all my dad wanted for his birthday, to have all his kids there with him. Family first. Always. Much love and good thoughts to you. Sounds like you’re in excellent hands.

• 119 HZ
          November 12, 2012 at 11:09 am

Good Morning DF, oh yes, he has brought more of our precious mother and father’s spirit into my space. We have a great relationship and I prayed and asked that he would visit me; and sure enough, he called and said that he was going out of the country for some rest( he has a very high profile and stressful job) and he loves travelling so much, so this just worked beautifully for both of us. I am so sure that our mother and father are smiling down upon us, especially when we are in the kitchen cooking together and laughing as loud as we can. There are 13 years between us, but he still is so precious to me. He loves to hike, run, and do everything, so he keeps me up when we are together visiting.

I am so happy to have this time with him. So I say my dear Desertflower, please take the time and go and have a great time with your precious dad and family. It is so special. Florida should be lovel now. So eat a lot of seafood, especially crab and keylime pie for me also. I love it. Lots of love to you ,my dear Desertflower on your trip and your visit with your dad for his birthday. Take each moment with thankfulness and enjoy the time. ((((((((((((((( Lots of hugs coming your way))))))))))))))))HZ

November 12, 2012 at 11:18 am

Thank you, HZ:) I promise to follow your wise advice to a TEE! Especially the part about the keylime pie and the crab:) ANY fresh seafood will be awesome! I love some grouper!! And I must also say, that I look forward to the beach…it calls my name…..

• November 12, 2012 at 11:00 am

Morning HZ! Thrilled to hear you’re doing well and enjoying your brother’s visit – and dancing too!!

Thanks for everything HZ, keep looking after yourself.

• 122 susanne
        November 12, 2012 at 2:31 pm

dear hz
        you have me in tears already this morning! thank you so much for all your words of kindness, wisdom, and support here on tod. you are the warm beating heart of the president’s message–we take care of each other! i’m so glad you have this precious time with your brother.
        aloha oe~

• 123 donna dem 4 obama
      November 12, 2012 at 10:55 am

Oh dear barb, I’m glad you were able to weather the “storm” and make it back home after dealing with the crazies. I can’t thank you enough for your constant support all these years. Those RWNJ’s didn’t know what they were up against and us winning sent them reeling. We’ll do all we can to win back the House in 2014. We still have more work to do!

• 124 canadabarb4obama
        November 12, 2012 at 1:51 pm

thanks a lot, Donna……all of our futures are at stake…..btw, I really enjoyed Washington even tho Michelle and PBO were too busy to have tea with us…..our ship was in port in Maryland and I was thinking of you

34. 125 Melanie
    November 12, 2012 at 10:36 am

Ed Schultz may lose his show to…Mr. Excitement Ezra Klein. Take it with a grain of salt I guess the same way it was reported that David Gregory may be on the way out in favor of Joe Scarborough. Interesting nonetheless.

• 126 dotster3
      November 12, 2012 at 10:43 am

No Ezra—-that would be painful. Wish they would slide Bashir into that time slot—-he’s the best they have.

• 127 donna dem 4 obama
      November 12, 2012 at 10:48 am

I cannot stand Ed so that would be no loss for me and Ezra is quite blahhhhh.

This is a really good article from believe it or not Politico on specifically “The GOP’s media cocoon” but it goes into detail about how cable news and other media forms are deceiving the public into believing that they are reporting facts when in reality they are simply driving their bottom dollar. This is something that we have spoken about here many times before. Seeing them confess it was indeed refreshing.

• 128 4morefor44
        November 12, 2012 at 11:15 am

the writer jonathan martin is the guy who was at the famous john mccain bar-b-que at his cottage/mansion-in-the-country who brought flowers for cindy mccain and frolicked with them all day, and he’s going to get on a high horse and scold others for living in the “cocoon?!?” couldn’t make it past the first page when he’s quoting ross douthat and ben domenech as if they have something interesting to add, when those two are some of the most ridiculous and discredited people in the mainstream media today.

after the billionaires bought up all the mainstream media and changed the laws so they could conglomerate it all, “the news” exists now only to promote republican propaganda so that taxes aren’t raised on them and regulations continue to erode. pure and simple. there are many cases of major media outlets losing money and ratings for decades yet they never change the people on-air or the writers at the papers. we’d all be best served to focus 100% of our time and energy on continuing the grassroots work that won us the white house again, and making sure we get a democratic house in 2014. 100%. no distractions. just my 2 cents…

• 129 4morefor44
      November 12, 2012 at 10:51 am

what a stupid article. yea, “msnbc is more liberal than fox is conservative?!?!” whatever. so anyway, what would be the most effective way(s) for us to continue the o.f.a. momentum to make sure we get a democratic congress in 2014? any ideas?

November 12, 2012 at 11:01 am

Ed can be a pain in the behind sometimes, but Ezra Klein is not a favorite of mines. if I had to chose, I say keep Ed.

35. 137 donna dem 4 obama
    November 12, 2012 at 10:42 am

Good Morning TOD,

Check this out!

Mitt got zero votes in 17 Cleveland precincts. :)

• November 12, 2012 at 10:44 am

Zero?! Good grief!!!!! Morning Donna!

• 139 donna dem 4 obama
        November 12, 2012 at 10:51 am

Good Morning Chips. That was a jaw dropper for me. Folks in Cleveland (and apparently other areas as well) really, really, really didn’t like that fella :)

November 12, 2012 at 10:57 am

Well, when he looked them all in the face and LIED to them about Jeep moving to China….and the good people of OH KNEW it was a lie….I called those voters for 8 hours on election day. I’m not surprised by this at all. They were NEVER going to vote for that lying ratbastard.

• 141 dotster3
      November 12, 2012 at 10:44 am

Just read something similar re. Philly too. Zero votes in many political divisions there.

• 142 Nena20409
      November 12, 2012 at 11:05 am

Poetic Justice.

Karma came calling. And when Karma calls, look out.

36. 143 Smoothscotch
    November 12, 2012 at 10:42 am

Good morning TODers, it’s a beautiful day.

Happy Veterans Day to all our Vets and Thank you for your service.

• 144 HZ
      November 12, 2012 at 10:54 am

I just also want to thank all of our Veterans here within our TOD family who have served our country so beautifully and so faithfully. Your sacrifices and your precious families sacrifices are to make us pause and give thanks to all of you. I and my family give thanks for your service and sacrifice.

I pray that we will continue to work with FLOTUS and Dr.Biden as they help our veterans and their family. I have many in my city and I try to help out through my city council as much as possible.

Let us also remember our young men and women who are currently serving us now, and pray that POB will be able to move forward to bring them home very soon. Pray for the families who have paid the ultimate sacrifice and those who are in the hospitals who are still trying to heal their minds and bodies. Lift them up in prayer and their precious families. Please. I love you all so very much for being here. You all give me so much joy, so let us keep lifting Chips up daily as well. She is so precious of a pure soul, and I am so grateful to Almighty for this beautiful site.

Love you all of you today and enjoy goodness into your spaces. Bring good thoughts, deeds and actions of love, peace, and joyfulness into your space constantly. Keep your “faith well” full daily. HZ

• 145 mtmarilyn
        November 12, 2012 at 11:03 am

HZ, I want you to know you are always in my thoughts and prayers. I also have a very special time for all this wonderful family. We have all helped each other get thru these days. You have a very beautiful day!

37. 146 andogriff
    November 12, 2012 at 10:47 am

GM TOD and Ms Chips! I love it that you and Scout are now colleagues and best buds! A well-deserved honor, congratulations!

38. 152 andogriff
    November 12, 2012 at 10:49 am

Oh yes, happy Veterans Day to all our vets… especially my 88 year old USAF test pilot Dad.

39. November 12, 2012 at 10:49 am

One of the greatest thing for US winning is for Ann Romney to eat her words “Its our time now” “Those People” “I Love You Women” “I have given you enough of our taxes” etc.

I am so happy she is not the First Lady and never will be!!!

40. 154 squarepeg
    November 12, 2012 at 10:52 am
  41. 156 Nena20409
    November 12, 2012 at 11:01 am

GM all all.

Please check this out. It is a hoot.

It is a Song…on You Tube…using pres Obama’s words to belt….Bruce Springsteen’s Born In The USA.

42. 157 dotster3
    November 12, 2012 at 11:03 am

The View today—–Mankini and Jake Tapper. Cruel and unusual punishment. Media in disarray with Obama win, desperate anti-Obama guest invites.

43. November 12, 2012 at 11:06 am

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Have been laughing since earlier this morning when I first saw your little note, Chips!!!

Love starting the day with laughter, so thank you for that and as to an apology – well, it appears that my comment ensured that as soon as Scout Tufankijan had gotten some much earned rest, she returned to offer an additional compliment on your wonderful TOD and ‘artistry’ :)

I hope you will be forever grateful :D :D :D :D :D

Have a wonderful day, Chips, and your grand mastery at creating one of the most vibrant and fun communities on the Internet is admired greatly by me (and I’m still laughing at all the porta potty photos though the one the squirrel is my favorite :) ).

#TrustBarack

Yes We Did

November 12, 2012 at 11:07 am

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/12/us-iea-oil-report-idUSBRE8AB0IQ20121112 How about that:)

(Reuters) – The United States will overtake Saudi Arabia and Russia as the world’s top oil producer by 2017, the West’s energy agency said on Monday, predicting Washington will come very close to achieving a previously unthinkable energy self-sufficiency.

The International Energy Agency (IEA) said it saw a continued fall in U.S. oil imports with North America becoming a net oil exporter by around 2030 and the United States becoming almost self-sufficient in energy by 2035.

45. 171 Don
    November 12, 2012 at 11:07 am

Word comes out of Cleveland that Romney didn’t get any votes in some areas. How does a motherfucker not get any votes, is that shit even conceivable? I mean the laws of probability says the motherfucker should have gotten at least one vote. Romney is on some cosmic shit, this motherfucker had the entire galaxy against his ass.

46. November 12, 2012 at 11:17 am

Good Morning Chips and TOD!

So many wonderful comments here this morning, can’t answer them all. Let’s keep moving forward — leaving the pundits, naysayers, the clueless, and the idiots behind!

It’s a gorgeous, warm, sunny day here in Richmond. Barack Obama is the President. Michelle Obama is the First Lady. Family and friends are good. All is well.

Have a great day, everyone! ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

47. 178 dotster3
    November 12, 2012 at 11:27 am

omg—-Callista credits her excellent hairdresser who travels with her for her beautiful (helmet style) hairdo. Introduced her as she sits in front row at The View. So gratifying to have this revealed!

48. 180 dotster3
    November 12, 2012 at 11:29 am

Callista wrote her children’s book because she loves America. In case you were wondering.

49. 182 4morefor44
    November 12, 2012 at 11:33 am

bobfr, thought of you when reading this…

“I don’t mean to sound overly dramatic but this election was an extension of the Civil War. A battle that will live on in our history like Gettysburg. Now, Gettysburg did not end the Civil War and neither will this election. This war goes on but the silver lining that we can take from Gettysburg is that one, this is a turning point in the war and two, it’s the point in the war that for the first time in my lifetime I can say, “We are winning!”

Take nothing for granted and leave nothing to chance. Be ready for 2014 because just like 2010 I assure you, they will be ready. Thank you for reading and God bless.”

50. 183 Ladyhawke
    November 12, 2012 at 11:33 am

LAZY AND FECKLESS MSM STENOGRAPHERS CAN’T RESIST GOP SPIN ON (FILL IN THE BLANK).

Greg Sargent ‏@ThePlumLineGS

———————————–

GOP already successfully spinning media with idea that giving ground on loopholes, not rates, is big concession. It isn’t.

————————————

51. 186 vitaminlover
    November 12, 2012 at 11:37 am

The Secret Service guys in that close-up picture with our Beloved President are…ahem…handsome.

52. November 12, 2012 at 12:01 pm

Hello TOD family,

First I want to express my deep gratitude to Chips for keeping this blog alive after the election. Over the last several years, TOD has become my refuge and my source of information like no other. In words and pictures, TOD recorded history in the making even as the media continued to misinform and pursue an agenda of their own. Reading the comments of the large TOD family helped me understand the change that was taking place as well as the resistance and false claims from those who wanted to keep the status quo. Thanks to you, I never had to suffer through hateful commentaries – I learned about them in the form of a spirited counterattack by a TODer. As Election Day approached, I knew that I could only get through it by keeping too busy for thought and analysis. I spent so much time in New Hampshire that the state felt like home, including Election Day (after voting, of course). I returned to Massachusetts in the late afternoon to do a last canvass for Elizabeth Warren. When the polls closed, I went for a long walk on the beach with my very excited little dog who probably felt that he had just found his human again after a long absence. Then on to a party with one of my OFA team leaders. Of course, I expected the President to win – but it was still a glorious night. In the morning after the election, my inbox was filled with emails from friends and family, many of them from abroad. Few Americans realize how much the whole world watched and prayed. Obama won – planet relieved, indeed.

What’s important now is what comes after the celebration. Already, the Republicans are indicating that they will continue their strategy of obstruction.
    They still have control of the House of Representatives which gives them a means to slow down or shut down the President’s agenda. That’s where we can be a force for our President. I am happy that OFA will continue as well. It was interesting to note in the NY Times article that “Democrats” did not feel that the grassroots organization has been particularly effective in influencing legislation. We need to do more to change that. We need to go beyond just calling our representatives’ offices and ask them to vote for the President’s plan. We need to become a real force – one big enough and loud enough to be heard over the din of the right wing and their allies in the media. Twitter, Facebook, letters to the Editor, community events, rallies and, of course, a sustained contact with all our elected officials will be needed. We will also benefit tremendously from being engaged in local politics and community issues. TOD can be a very important part of this. I am looking forward to your ideas.

53. November 12, 2012 at 7:02 pm

Yo, Chips, and all here…

Is anyone, other than myself, noticing that five minutes after President Obama is re-elected, it’s now all about who slept with whom, and when?

Oh, for heaven’s sake, this is just ridiculous… But people will be listening to this garbage. Petraeus jas beem kind of a jerk, led by the one-eyed demon. But this all about making President Obama look bad. Trust it won’t work. These people are not going away…

Gato