Nov

5:0: Receives a Royal Audience with King Bhumibol Adulyadej

6:15: Meets with Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra of Thailand

7:10: The President and PM Shinawatra hold a joint press conference

8:15: Attends an official dinner with PM Shinawatra

9:45: Meets and greets with United States Embassy personnel

** Thailand is 12 hours ahead of US EST  **

Monday: The President travels to Burma where he will meet with President Thein Sein and Aung San Suu Kyi and deliver a speech to encourage Burma’s ongoing democratic transition.

In the evening, he will travel to Cambodia, where he will attend the East Asia Summit and meet with the leaders of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations.

Tuesday: The President will remain in Cambodia for the East Asia Summit. In the evening, he will depart Cambodia en route Washington, DC.

Wednesday morning: The President returns to Washington, DC. Later, he will pardon the National Thanksgiving Turkey at the White House and the First Family will participate in a service event in the Washington, DC area.

Thursday: The President will celebrate Thanksgiving at the White House. There are no public events scheduled.

Friday: The President has no public events scheduled. The First Lady will be presented with the official White House Christmas Tree at the North Portico.

Thank you time-zone-calculating super-brainy-heads for the conversion help!

316 Responses to “The Week Ahead”

1. 12 dudette9t9
    November 17, 2012 at 11:24 am

Great post Chips!! Looking forward to reports from this trip!

November 17, 2012 at 11:25 am

Barber (D) won AZ2 race against the teabagger…this is Gabby’s old seat:)

3. 28 Rita
    November 17, 2012 at 11:28 am

Chips, Bangkok is 12 hours ahead of US Eastern Time, so 3:10 PM in Bangkok is 3:10 AM here on the east coast!

4. 45 anniebella
    November 17, 2012 at 11:32 am

First let me say I pray the President and his people will have a safe and productive trip. Second I always look forward to the pardon of the turkey, can we name the turkey this year? Mitt Romney. And Friday the First Lady receiving the Christmas tree. And the Obama Family usually goes to some homeless shelter and hand out food. No photo-op like Paul Ryan and his family did when they went to the shelter and wash clean dishes.

November 17, 2012 at 11:39 am

Let’s see if Paul Ryan will go to a shelter and this time really do something. Like talk to the people, hand out food, or wash dirty dishes this time.

• 47 Pamela
        November 17, 2012 at 2:40 pm

He is unfit to even clean the ‘restrooms’.

• 48 susanne
        November 17, 2012 at 3:06 pm

yes, won’t it be interesting to see how they behave, now that they’re not running for office? will myth hand out canned food? will lyin’ serve the hungry? and how about miss ann–she loves women, so she’ll be helping cook for homeless families, right?

November 17, 2012 at 1:55 pm

We “fired” that turkey on Nov. 6, and shouldn’t really use his name any more – Ha! But I like your idea, otherwise.

• 50 susanne
        November 17, 2012 at 3:07 pm

truly sick of that name. anyway, we’re not pardoning that fellow just yet. he’s still transgressing, and not apologizing!

5. 51 collegekay
    November 17, 2012 at 11:32 am

They are a day ahead of us, Chips. (+12 hours) So, PBO will arrive there at 3am our time. (yikes) Time to set our alarm clocks so we can follow him around the world! :D

Sunday:

ICT

3:10 PM: The President arrives in Bangkok, Thailand —— 3:10am EST

3:45: Visits Wat Pho Royal Monastery —– 3:45am EST

5:0: Receives a Royal Audience with King Bhumibol Adulyadej —- 5:00am EST

6:0: Arrives Thai Koo Fah Building and takes part in a formal welcoming ceremony —- 6:00am EST

6:15: Meets with Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra of Thailand —- 6:15am EST

7:10: The President and PM Shinawatra hold a joint press conference —– 7:10am EST

8:15: Attends an official dinner with PM Shinawatra — 8:15am EST

9:45: Meets and greets with United States Embassy personnel —- 9:45 EST

November 17, 2012 at 11:37 am

Chips

Download this chameleon clock and it will install as the tray clock.

It can be set to show many time zones (you can even name them) just by hovering over the time icon.

Also. Too. Multiple alarms and reminders. Multiple skins etc. etc.

The betest free clock.

7. 71 donna dem 4 obama
    November 17, 2012 at 11:38 am

Women in House call Rice criticism sexist, racist

Snip}

WASHINGTON (AP) Republican senators’ angry criticism of U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice over her initial account of the deadly Sept. 11 attack in Libya smacks of sexism and racism, a dozen female members of the House said Friday.

In unusually personal terms, the Democratic women lashed out at Sens. John McCain and Lindsey Graham who earlier this week called Rice unqualified and untrustworthy and promised to scuttle her nomination if President Barack Obama nominates her to succeed Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton.

“All of the things they have disliked about things that have gone on in the administration, they have never called a male unqualified, not bright, not trustworthy,” said Rep. Marcia Fudge, the next chairwoman of the Congressional Black Caucus. “There is a clear sexism and racism that goes with these comments being made by unfortunately Sen. McCain and others.”

November 17, 2012 at 11:44 am

Correct. It goes without saying.

• 73 donna dem 4 obama
        November 17, 2012 at 11:56 am

I’m just glad its starting to get some higher profile attention. Everyone’s favorite so-called Liberal cable station MSNBC won’t touch it with a ten foot poll because it will call into question their new favorite son Luke Russert for his sexist comment to Leader Pelosi. I wonder how Mika, Andrea Mitchell, Chris Jansing, Crystal Ball, MHP, Rachel and others over there really feel about this subject? I guess we will never know since they are not allowed to breach the subject for fear of criticizing Russert. Our media is doing this country such a disservice!

November 17, 2012 at 2:01 pm

Nobody’s gonna take the racism and sexism from these Republicans without calling it out from this point on (my hope and prayer).

• 79 susanne
      November 17, 2012 at 3:16 pm

also obamist. not a word? it should be–because rice and others are discriminated against and denigrated on the basis of their support for pbo.

8. 80 mtmarilyn
    November 17, 2012 at 11:38 am

Good morning Chips and TOD family. I am so looking forward to seeing all the pictures and videos of this trip. This is the best part of this family. We all travel with the President.

I pray for a safe and productive trip.

• 81 HZ
      November 17, 2012 at 11:53 am

Morning mtmarilyn. Good to see you this morning. Hope all is well. Yes, we are the most travelling family in the world. And our travelling POTUS is just very elated to have us come along with him. He is so generous.

I love our intellectual family as well. I shared that with a few friends who are very important with POB, and they agreed. We do have visitors here when we least expect it. So let us be on our best behavior.

Mtmarilyn, I have my candles on and have done my prayers and meditations as well. We will stay strong together. He is in very good hands. We lift up with thougts of faith and prayers of faith. We love him and I love how Chips placed that photo at the beginning of this thread. He is joyful and happy with people who love him, have faith in him, support him with goodness within our hearts, and pray for him, and reach out to others with our joyful and grateful hearts to him others. That is a part of our beautiful POTUS.

We will carry on here with our beautiful Chips who keeps us tightly knitted as his family on this blog. It is a lovely rainy day on the coast, but so beautiful.
      ((((((((( Our hearts will be connected to our POTUS thoughout his trip.)))))))))))HZ

• 82 mtmarilyn
        November 17, 2012 at 12:01 pm

Good morning HZ! That is what is so beautiful about our family. We know who guides and supports our wonderful President. And we all are able to carry him in our hearts in our own personal and spiritual way. Thank you for being such a blessed person here.

So looking forward to this week.

November 17, 2012 at 11:49 am

One last thing: Ignoring, for now, the fact that the Affordable Care Act provides benefits for all Americans — and not just African Americans and Latinos — there’s something odd about this line of criticism. Voters elect and support politicians to do things for them. There’s nothing illegitimate about the fact that Obama won by providing tangible benefits to people who needed them. And in fact, if elected president, this was Romney’s plan as well — large tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans, who don’t need them but would like them all the same. That Romney doesn’t see those measures as “gifts” is a sign of how blinded he is by his class.

November 17, 2012 at 11:52 am

Off the fucking cliff. Wonder if they even KNOW that PBO EXPANDED their gun rights?

• 86 HZ
      November 17, 2012 at 11:59 am

Morning DF. Thanks for the news about Gabby’s seat. Things are moving along for us. DF, you are so wonderful by keeping us up to date on the great articles. I always look forward to your information to keep us informed within our TOD family.

I hope you will enjoy your weekend and also get some rest. Thanks for being here for all of us, DF. You bring such joy, laughter, and intellect to my space. I am so grateful to you. (((((( Lots of HZ hugs)))))HZ

11. 94 forus50
    November 17, 2012 at 11:58 am

12. November 17, 2012 at 12:02 pm

Serious question: Did PBO pull out MacKayla Maroney’s “not impressed” look at the budget negotiations yesterday? I certainly hope he did.

And Chelsea is killing me. Killing me I say. (Shut up, Chips.)

13. November 17, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Good day everyone!

#FORWARD

14. 119 squarepeg
    November 17, 2012 at 12:05 pm

15. 128 squarepeg
    November 17, 2012 at 12:13 pm

HELP! Why can’t I embed pictures?

16. November 17, 2012 at 12:20 pm

WASSSSSUP O’s!!!!!! Another great getting up day in TODville once again. So nice that today I’m going to clear the brush in the lower 40 for the last time this year. I’m doing battle with a wayward squirrel who insists on wreaking havoc in my yard. That, plus I never did finish battening down the hatches.

I’m looking at catalogs for parachutes in case I get pushed off this cliff that everybody is talking about. I think I’ll go with Chartreuse. It matches my eyes.

17. 137 relellit
    November 17, 2012 at 12:22 pm

Good morning/Afternoon Todvile & the hostess with the mostest; Ms Chips

Chips could you re- post the twit pic of the sand artist who congratulated or welcomed (not sure what he said) President Obama. I tried to find it but couldn’t

Pleeeeeeeezeeeeeeeee

18. 140 GGail
    November 17, 2012 at 12:23 pm

Good West Coast morning Chipsticks!

It is a lovely rainy day here in Southern California and beautiful snow up in our mountains.

Thanks everyone for the time zones for our trip with President Obama. Counting backwards then forward from the West Coast can be quite a dizzying chore :-)

• 141 HZ
      November 17, 2012 at 1:08 pm

Good West Coast morning to you GGail. How are you. It is a beautiful rainy day in S. Cali., indeed. I love these morning. Cozy, candles, music, and my TOD family.

I hope you will have a great day as well, GGail. I am trying to crave out some time in my day to read my instruction books on my new iPhone from my brother for my birthday. Pray for me that I do not mess it up.

Joyful and beautiful day, GGail.(((((( Love you))))))HZ

Has anyone heard from Tally? Maybe I just missed her posting. ((((((( Love to you, Tally)))))))HZ

• 142 HZ
        November 17, 2012 at 1:14 pm

I meant carve and not crave. Well, it really is both. I have a craving to get it done right away with much excitement,, and I do need to carve some time out of the day to satisfy the craving. Eyes, brain, and hands need to come together for this little senior today.HZ

• 143 GGail
          November 17, 2012 at 1:53 pm

HZ, I love how current and relevant you are! It is such a joy to see you embarking on new adventures with joy and excitement. Enjoy your new birthday gift from your brother and know that you are loved by us all.

19. 145 squarepeg
    November 17, 2012 at 12:25 pm

Watch this, if I try to embed my own tweet – it doesn’t work. It only works with others tweets:

20. 153 squarepeg
    November 17, 2012 at 12:30 pm

21. 156 squarepeg
    November 17, 2012 at 12:33 pm

22. 167 squarepeg
    November 17, 2012 at 12:36 pm

You know what this isn’t worth it I give up

• November 17, 2012 at 12:39 pm

Squarepeg, unprotect your tweets and all will be good!

• 169 squarepeg
        November 17, 2012 at 12:40 pm

Chips – I just posted a tweet from my other twitter account and that one IS unprotected, but I still cannnot see the pics. Can YOU see them? Or do you have to click the link to see them?

• 170 collegekay
          November 17, 2012 at 12:47 pm

That’s because it’s a twitpic photo. It must be posted directly through twitter, not a client like twitpic.

For example:

• 171 squarepeg
            November 17, 2012 at 12:50 pm

THANK YOU, collegeKay!

• 172 jeff
            November 17, 2012 at 1:49 pm

I loved this pic although some seemed to be angered by it saying that she was showing disrespect towards the president. I have to disagree completely!

• 173 Obama Grandmama
            November 17, 2012 at 1:58 pm

To me that is all about the Olympics notoriety when she didn’t get the gold she had that look on her face she was criticized for unsportsmanship behavior. She had explained she was disappointed in her performance. I could imagine PBO teasing her about it and wanting to have her give the look so he could copy it.

• 174 joanshaw
          November 17, 2012 at 3:22 pm

squarepeg, I’VE seen it! I said so up thread (or down, whatever). Am I completely unprotected? I mean, in all respects?

23. November 17, 2012 at 12:41 pm

PBO’s birthday gift to boner. Very thoughtful and classy. However I’m guessing Rusty would prefer a gallon of Lord Calvert….

November 17, 2012 at 1:28 pm

:lol: I’ve got to tell you Magapie, the first time I clicked through there was nothing except a blank page with an arrow pointing backwards. So of course I concluded that’s what PBO gave him – nothing. I waited a bit and still nothing materialized so I left the page. :lol: I went back a bit later
      to doublecheck.

24. 177 cookemom
    November 17, 2012 at 12:43 pm

Anderson Cooper Gets Heated With GOP Rep. Over Benghazi: ‘What You’re Saying Is Factually Not Correct’

<iframe src="http://videos.med

• 179 Nena20409
        November 17, 2012 at 1:14 pm

Anderson Cooper and TeaNN……were despicable during the Sept 11, 2012 attacks at the Benghazi, Libya Consulate. CNN went out of their way to make and gin up scandal for the Obama Administration. CNN even used the dead Ambassador’s diary without permission from his family. TeaNN rushed to judgement. The emboldened Fox who never needed any encouragement.

It’s a little too late. It;s a little too late. Cooper was at the front, charging and leading along with Erin Burnett, Wolf Blizter, etc. Only Soledad O’Brien…..will I give the benefit of the doubt.

TeaNN saw to inject politics and scandal when they did No Such thing when nearly 3K were killed in USA on 9-11-01.

• 180 cookemom
          November 17, 2012 at 1:24 pm

well alrighty then…..just a post, not a resounding endorsement for CNN or the Cooper guy.

• 181 Obama Grandmama
            November 17, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Thank you for posting it, cookemom. It is good to see that Cooper is finally trying to push back even if it is too little and too late. Rohrbacker made it pretty clear at the end that it was just what he thought from what he heard as he said he did not think it was likely the CIA got their info wrong. Pretty broad conclusion. I remember watching on tv all of those protests errupting all over the place due to the disrespectful online movie trailer. I could see how with all of those places having riots it could have been confused as motive in Benghazi. Actually, from what I have heard it could have been used as cover by Alkhada (my inventive spelling).

25. 191 squarepeg
    November 17, 2012 at 12:55 pm

26. November 17, 2012 at 12:56 pm

I saw McKayla’s “not impressed” tweets a few days ago and the right took it as a negative toward the President. McKayla posted her tweet the day she went to the WH. All the right wing sites took it as a negative without the full context of her doing this with the President. Now, she didn’t do anything that I could see to push back on the negativity but here is her original tweet.

You be the judge:

27. November 17, 2012 at 12:57 pm

28. 207 squarepeg
    November 17, 2012 at 1:02 pm

29. November 17, 2012 at 1:09 pm

I hope David Axelrod or someone from the President’s organization has already realized what they could accomplish – unprecedented actually – if they now leverage the campaign tools and databases to drive legislation and support for Executive Office, Judicial (including SCOTUS) appointments and more. Tried to crystallize the message in a tweet to David Axelrod. Harper Reed and the team he built could actually way extend what they accomplished if the the WH & DNC decided to leverage their resources and the impact it could have on the quality of our democracy and not just subsequent elections would be profound.

If they asked, they’d get very specific recommendations :)

#FORWARD

• 209 GGail
      November 17, 2012 at 2:01 pm

Hi Bobfr, I think the new tool that they are using is TheAction.org. They are asking us to sign up so we can receive information to act upon. I’ve signed up. Check it out. There is no more Dashboard.

• November 17, 2012 at 2:08 pm

I signed up, Gail, within an hour or so of when they announced it. Thank you.

They need to align the functionality of Dashboard, Call Tool & their Twitter blaster with legislative and judicial appointment and other objectives – and it would be the most powerful tool every deployed in support of participatory democracy. Hope someone listens.

#FORWARD

• 211 GGail
          November 17, 2012 at 2:27 pm

I did too Bobfr….right after the conference call with POTUS last week. And I agree – they would be wise to combine all of their resources for future successes. FORWARD!

• 212 HZ
          November 17, 2012 at 2:56 pm

Bobfr and GGail. This is good and needs to be spread all over. I am committed to bring forth information concerning POB’s judicial nominees to be voted on now. I received a notice calling for our help. POB just submitted to the Senate when they returned for the lame-duck session 7 judiciary nominees for the federal court system. Among the nominees are women, minorities, and LGBT judges that would bring much needed diversity to the federal judiciary. These are highly qualitied judges.

The Next Step for Us: Contact your Senators(202)224-3121. The next step is for these nominees to move through the Senate Confirmation process in a timely manner. The new nominees join 19 awaiting a vote in the Senate. There is nothing left to do, except Vote.

Our courtrooms stand empty. Throughout POB’s first term, a small minority in the Senate has waged a persistent campaign of obstruction to slow down the confirmation prcess and even deny highly qualified moninees. This has resulted in a judicial vacancy crisis with more than 100 vacancies nationwide including 33 deemed judicial emergencies where there aren’t enough judges to handle the caseloads.”

We can’t continue to allow such non-action from the Senate. Their efforts to obstruct this next 4 years will bring much hardship upon our nation and many individuls and their families. So please help me pass the word on and let us stay on this one. Write also to Senator Patrick Leahy who is such a great supporter of POB. He just need to hear from POB’s supporters and he will get on the floor and speak for us.

We can do this. This is so dear to my heart because it is so unfair to POB and to the people of this nation. Remember, great qualified judicial nominees are so important to all of us. Let us move FORWARD with our great president on this one. We Must Do This. Thanks so much TOD family. HZ

• 213 GGail
            November 17, 2012 at 3:08 pm

HZ, you are absolutely correct. We MUST keep the momentum going and stay pro-active, not reactionary. Encourage everyone you know to sign on to TheAction.org site.

FORWARD!

• 214 HZ
              November 17, 2012 at 11:37 pm

GGail and Bobfr, thanks for all that you do. We will together as you stated GGail and Bobfr do this.

I still hear ringing in my spirit President Obama saying in his speech Nov. 6, 2012, “And Together with your help and God’s grace We will Continue to Move FORWARD……” President Barack H. Obama,Nov. 6, 2012.HZ

• November 17, 2012 at 6:20 pm

Am right there with you, HZ, shoulder to shoulder and will be pressing the issue of having these nominees approved, asap.

#FORWARD Together

• 216 Alycee (@jazziz2)
        November 17, 2012 at 3:34 pm

Gail — DASHBOARD is back!

30. 217 PollyinAK
    November 17, 2012 at 1:17 pm

Worth Sharing! – Did Anonymous stop Karl Rove from Stealing Ohio again?

November 17, 2012 at 1:17 pm

Filibuster Reform Now Official – Reid Presents New Filibuster Rule

32. November 17, 2012 at 1:20 pm

Chips, neat graphic in this tweet :)

• November 17, 2012 at 1:27 pm

That’s a gem Bob, retweeted with joy!!!

• 225 nathkatun7
      November 17, 2012 at 1:56 pm

Great tweet, Bob! By the way, What was Bill Clinton’s margin of victory both 1992 and 1996, if you add the votes for GHW Bush with those of Ross Perot in 1992, and the votes of Bob Dole and Ross Perot in 1996? All I remember is that Clinton won slightly over 43% of the popular vote in 1992, and 49% of the popular vote when he was re-elected in 1996. This means that in three consecutive elections (1992, 1996, and 2000) the elected President did not win the majority of the popular votes.

• November 17, 2012 at 2:11 pm

Thank you nath. And, your memory is correct. #PBO along with Ike, FDR & Reagan are the only 20th/21st Century Presidents I’m aware to win more than 50% of the popular vote and #PBO is obviously the 1st Dem President to do it twice since FDR.

#FORWARD

• 227 nathkatun7
          November 17, 2012 at 4:14 pm

If I am not mistaken, I think in the 20th Century, besides the three Presidents you listed (FDR, RR, and BO), Dwight Eisenhower was the fourth president to win more than 50% of the popular vote twice. I think Richard Nixon did too, although I am not sure about his first election in 1968. As far as I am concerned, President Eisenhower was the last sane Republican President.

• 228 nathkatun7
            November 17, 2012 at 4:23 pm

Please disregard my comment and forgive me for reading you comment quickly and missing the fact that you already included “Ike” (Dwight Eisenhower) among the Presidents in the 20th-21st centuries who won more than 50% of the votes.

November 17, 2012 at 1:21 pm

THIS!THIS!THIS!THIS!THIS! The Grand Lie would be exposed for what it is. The biggest lie perpetuated on the American people for a generation to the great benefit of the few. This can not make the rounds enough!

34. November 17, 2012 at 1:21 pm

35. November 17, 2012 at 1:38 pm

Just an FYI for tweeters:

In twitter, when photos are attached using third party widgets, like twitpic or instagram, they won’t upload as an embedded image when copied and pasted.

In order to have the photo appear embedded in the tweet, the photo has to be uploaded directly using the native twitter widget. You can recognize the difference because the link will be seen as pic.twitter rather than twitpic or instagram.

Hope this helps.

36. November 17, 2012 at 2:06 pm

Here are tweets I exchanged with Cousin Henry VIIIth yesterday. Moneygall is on its way to the inauguration in Jan 2013

37. November 17, 2012 at 2:17 pm

Russert still getting justifiably burned by Pelosi. Wonder what Luke’s mother, Vanity Fair writer, Maureen Orth felt about what her son said.

November 17, 2012 at 2:39 pm

Your tweet is funny to me, Edwina because I was tempted to add Luke R to my earlier response tweet but resisted the urge, and altered my message instead. I guess old Luke was really supposed to get that message so you got tapped on the shoulder to cover my disobedience. ;)

• November 17, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Actually, I debated myself because I didn’t want it to look like Speaker Pelosi had tweeted a message to Little Luke but ran out of space to make that clear in the tweet. Btw, last time I checked Russert’s twitter feed, he was still defending his questions, saying lots of journalists were patting him on the back. Usually I can brush off the stupid pundits but this one bothered me. a. lot.

November 17, 2012 at 4:01 pm

I generally don’t check the feed of idjits as there are always so many others ready to tell them how smart they are and knowing myself, I might feel the need to add something to the dialogue and then get upset when they continue to be ‘blind’. However, Edwina, I may wander over there later or tomorrow as a research activity. ;) Because I tend to take the path of least resistance, like water(?), their dumb comments or questions don’t usually bother me. IMO most American journalists have no nuance, or insight whatever, and once I’ve decided that not much they do or say surprise me. I don’t dance around when they say something true or ‘profound’ because from my experience those instances are rare. I also don’t get upset when they spout garbage because it’s often clear to me they are making up stuff. This works for me because I’m then able to stay on a more even keel for longer periods of time and my blood pressure stays under control. :lol:

November 17, 2012 at 2:23 pm

The fact that President Obama took the risk to go after bin Laden and has been so aggressive in his “war on al Qaeda” makes in laughable to think that he would use a terrorist incident to blatantly manipulate a story. That’s one of the reasons this one will never develop.

I have no doubt that when the Benghazi story fades, the Republicans will continue their quest. But when it comes to this President, they’ve got their work cut out for them.
    With Obama, the perceived pattern of behavior that he carried with him into office was mostly positive. Being seen as a professorial type who stands above the fray hasn’t always endeared him to the public, but it hasn’t exactly set the stage for scandal either.

39. 255 GGail
    November 17, 2012 at 2:33 pm

The USC v UCLA game is about to begin and it’s right in HZ’s backyard. Be safe out there today HZ!

40. November 17, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Barber has been declared the winner for Gabby Giffords’ seat in AZ!!

41. 279 Obama Grandmama
    November 17, 2012 at 2:41 pm

I have seen Jimmy Carter’s grandson on shows concerning his help with the 2 big revelations about what Mitt Romney says behind closed doors. The first is he helped with getting the 47% tape out and the second is his getting out the phone conference audio with Mitt after the election. Both of those two audio or video tapes were important in revealing Mitt’s character.

42. November 17, 2012 at 2:43 pm

• 281 Lovepolitics2008
      November 17, 2012 at 2:58 pm

GOP elected officials AND republicans within the government apparatus: WHO THE HELL is leaking information to Fox News??

I have to say I have my doubts about the accuracy of the information. That there was a CIA operation I believe it. That it is accurately described in those articles I’m not so sure. It could be distorted…. Just look at all the different “versions” we have heard from republicans about the hearings with Petraeus yesterday…

43. November 17, 2012 at 2:50 pm

Penn Jillette is an annoying guy but this tell-all on Trump from his Celebrity Apprentice experience is hilarious: “his hair looks like cotton candy made from piss.”

November 17, 2012 at 3:11 pm

HA! This is the “egg on face” moment I spoke of earlier relating to the senile, ignoramous McCain. Watch and smile. Useless, vindictive POS.

November 17, 2012 at 3:13 pm

I suggest the little lying weasel apologize to Dr. Rice, PBO,and the American people for his incompetence.

November 17, 2012 at 3:23 pm

And then retire.

November 17, 2012 at 3:38 pm

In their “infinite wisdom” the Republicans in AZ voted, once again, for him to represent this state. This can’t be over soon enough for me. I’m sick to death of my hard earned tax dollars going to pay for this man’s salary and getting stuff like this in return. He is SO past his time.

By the way, I think he’s damn near hyperventilating because he got found out. Tough to spin anymore when the truth comes out and you have to stand there and stuff the shit you were lobbing, back in your mouth!

• 287 nathkatun7
            November 17, 2012 at 4:45 pm

I feel for you, DF, that this bitter and small man is going to represent your state for another four years. That’s why I was praying, and making small contribution, to help elect Dr. Carmona for you other Senate seat. The so called mainstream media created the McCain image as the so called reasonable Republican. The media bears a great deal of blame for unleashing this ignorant, petty, and vindictive man on the American people.

November 17, 2012 at 8:19 pm

I keep forgetting he was actually elected and re-elected to spill his bile, and not just dumped in our laps. At least the previous R presidential candidate who shall remain nameless has now been pushed out of my mind as my most detested political figure and replaced with McCrazy. Oh, yeah, guess that wasn’t such an upgrade.

• November 17, 2012 at 3:31 pm

• 290 collegekay
      November 17, 2012 at 3:25 pm

LMAO. Why is he so out of breathe?

• November 17, 2012 at 3:31 pm

He was indeed a touch breathless, I suspect if he’d had to speak for 30 seconds longer he would have fainted.

• November 17, 2012 at 3:36 pm

Hyperventilating … he knew as he was being confronted by those reporters that he would never live down the reality that is the horrible acts of slander toward Ambassador Rice & the President that he, Graham and other Republicans perpetrated. They used an attack on the United States of America and the death of four of our fine citizens to attempt to undermine the President.

The Petraeus testimony makes it clear how wrong they all were to do what they did including the fact that Republicans and staffers in the House blew the CIA’s cover and more in their dastardly partisan hack job of an ‘investigation.’

The guy has zero credibility. If he wants to have a legacy of zero honor he will fail to apologize.

Done.

#TrustBarack

• 295 Lovepolitics2008
          November 17, 2012 at 4:42 pm

Does the man suffer from PTSD ? And when CORNERED, he becomes ill? I’m wondering. Seriously.

• 297 GGail
      November 17, 2012 at 3:29 pm

He looks like he’s about to cry. That Humble Pie has struck AGAIN!!!!!

• 298 Obama Grandmama
      November 17, 2012 at 4:44 pm

I was noticing he was making breathing noises after every few words like he was laboring to get his breath to say this.

November 17, 2012 at 3:18 pm

Today is the greatest day EVER. Why? Because Manchester United LOST. That’s right. They choked to Norwich City. Chipsticks was bragging throughout the thread and popping champagne prematurely.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA……..You all choked. You lost. You lost. Manchester United SUCKS. Your team S-U-C-K-S Chips. That’s what happens when Manchester United STEALS Chelsea’s win.

p.s. Manchester United SUCKS.

• November 17, 2012 at 3:24 pm

Excuse me, turd head. Your BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAing would be more effective if the Corrupt-Russian-Oligarch’s-Play-Thing hadn’t lost to the mighty West Brom today, so stick that in yer pipe and smoke it.

November 17, 2012 at 3:32 pm

I’m curious – not that it changes anything, Ms Chips, but do either you or Utal PLAY soccer? Have you ever? Just curious.

• 302 utaustinliberal
          November 17, 2012 at 4:44 pm

I have played soccer. Chips….not so much. What with her whining about “spraining” her ankle. *cough cough*

• 303 forus50
        November 17, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Chips – it appears you are all alone on this blog with Manchester United, is that right? So much disrespect to you, wouldn’t you say. My gosh. If that’s the case that there’s no one else who will stand with you then out of concern for the underdog I was going to lend you support and be a fellow fan. Just so I knew something about your team I did a little research and realized that your team has that odious Wayne Rooney. Is that right!?? That can’t be right that you are rooting for this guy. :) Of course that’s a bridge too far for me. But let me know if he ever leaves the team then I can maybe reconsider. :)

• 304 utaustinliberal
          November 17, 2012 at 4:45 pm

Exactly. Who in their right mind would support a team with Wayne “squirrel head” Rooney? :D

• November 17, 2012 at 5:35 pm

As a person with ties to the North (my Lancashire relatives support Liverpool but still), I will stand with you, Chips, against the foes from the South.

November 17, 2012 at 7:33 pm

Here’s an extra piece of evidence that may, or may not, help you as you reconsider FORUS50. It helped LL temper his previous Man U position by a wee bit.

• 307 utaustinliberal
        November 17, 2012 at 4:44 pm

Doesn’t matter. The point was that you were gloating about our loss and then WHAM! You got hit by Norwich. Man U couldn’t even score one goal. You guys had ZERO. Let me make that clear. Zero, Zilch, Nil, Nada….ZERO. Chelsea at least scored against West Brom.

p.s. Did I mention that Manchester United scored ZERO points? Bwhahahahahahaha. :lol:

46. November 17, 2012 at 3:23 pm

• 309 Bill
      November 17, 2012 at 3:39 pm

FOX faux Democrat Joe Trippi should address the chicken or egg question next. Someone needs to tell him the country and the world is always changing.

• 310 daisydem
      November 17, 2012 at 3:40 pm

Wow … that may be the best comment I have ever read … the winds of change as Springsteen noted. And President Obama is a conduit for these winds of change. This is such a wonderful observation.

47. November 17, 2012 at 3:34 pm

48. 314 susanne
    November 17, 2012 at 3:39 pm

elizabeth warren’s email asks us to sign a petition for filibuster reform:

‘ On the first day of the new session in January, the Senate will have a unique opportunity to change the filibuster rule with a simple majority vote, rather than the normal two-thirds vote. The change can be modest: If someone objects to a bill or a nomination in the United States Senate, they should have to stand on the floor of the chamber and defend their opposition. No more ducking responsibility for bringing the work of this country to a dead stop. ‘

• 315 Obama Grandmama
      November 17, 2012 at 4:27 pm

I signed my Senator Merkley’s petition so won’t sign another petition on the same thing. I hope it goes through.

• 316 nathkatun7
      November 17, 2012 at 4:56 pm

This is basically bringing back the way filibusters were conducted in the past. I think It’s a good idea because in this media age those filibustering bills for frivolous reasons will be exposed.