Nov

Cambodia …. and home

President Obama, in that shirt, returns a greeting to Bun Rany, wife of Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen, prior to a gala dinner in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

All times US EST

Monday:

9:0 PM (tonight): The President participates in the Trans-Pacific Partnership meeting in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

10:45 PM: Meets with Prime Minister Noda of Japan

11:45 PM: Meets with Premier Wen Jiabao of China

Tuesday:

1:15 AM: Attends East Asian Summit Plenary Sessions

4:50 AM: Meets and greets with United States Embassy personnel

5:35 AM: Departs Phnom Penh en route Washington, DC

Wednesday: The President returns to Washington, DC in the morning. Later, he will pardon the National Thanksgiving Turkey at the White House and the First Family will participate in a service event in the Washington, DC area.

Thursday: The President will celebrate Thanksgiving at the White House. There are no public events scheduled.

Friday: The President has no public events scheduled. The First Lady will be presented with the official White House Christmas Tree at the North Portico.

323 Responses to “Cambodia …. and home”

1. 1 magapie
    November 19, 2012 at 8:40 pm

THIS TRIP IS SO COOL!!!

2. November 19, 2012 at 8:42 pm

Lovely. Was just looking a Mrs. O Missed her too.

3. 14 susanne
    November 19, 2012 at 8:47 pm

gotta say it—he really does rock that shirt.

4. 16 FoxfireTX
    November 19, 2012 at 8:49 pm

So I’m still on the last thread…..

Good article by Karen Finney “Rice Worth Fighting For” http://thehill.com/opinion/columnists/karen-finney/268777-rice-worth-fighting-for-

I so hope PBO sees it the same way. I’ve been very impressed by her for quite some time and think she will make a great successor to Hillary. And this whole vendetta thing by McCain and Graham is just plain stupid.

• November 19, 2012 at 9:03 pm

The odd thing is that as far as I know, PBO has not said word one about who he is considering for the position. People were speculating, then Repub people went all hair on fire, and now Dems are all “He has to fight for her!” Well I think maybe we should wait to see what he says. I know whatever decision he makes it will be a well-reasoned, sound one.

• 19 amk for obama
        November 19, 2012 at 9:13 pm

Yup. Susan Rice it’ll be. Dems like finney need to stfu.

• 20 theo67
        November 19, 2012 at 10:08 pm

You hit the nail right on the head with this comment! Because, you know if he doesn’t nominate her (and we don’t even know if she actually wants it, given that she’s got young kids and this job involves a LOT of travel) the left and the media will decide that he chickened out. We do this to ourselves every time!

• November 19, 2012 at 10:19 pm

That’s what I was thinking. Kind of like when he didn’t appoint Elizabeth Warren head of the CPB and everyone freaked out, ignoring the fact that he had given her the choice of developing it or running it, so it was completely up toher. And actually that turned out pretty well!

• 22 theo67
            November 19, 2012 at 10:22 pm

That has turned out extremely well. Cordray just quietly gets the job done – no press coverage, no political football. Just round ‘em up, and swat them down. The hype around Elizabeth Warren may very well be well-deserved, but with hype, comes jealousy and obstruction. People may just be setting her up for a fall, because of the heady expectations. As for Susan Rice – I hope people remember that she’s simply been targeted by McCain – likely for some nefarious reason. She hasn’t yet been nominated. And it’s the President who gets to make that call, because this is the person who will be his representative on the global scale – his chief diplomat.

• 23 Puddin'
      November 19, 2012 at 9:49 pm

Ambassador Rice would have made an excellent SOS four years ago and she will be a most excellent SOS now…no doubt! If Condi Rice can be confirmed, certainly Susan Rice should be confirmed…we can forget about those old geezers…they are so unimportant and I think they sense the end for them, which is why they are making so much noise…it will be a great getting up day, the day Dr. Susan Rice is confirmed SOS…I declare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. 24 Pamela
    November 19, 2012 at 8:50 pm

8th, to your FIRST, Dave! Yay!

November 19, 2012 at 8:52 pm

We asians know how to dress up or what ?

7. November 19, 2012 at 8:53 pm

Hi Everyone! Really enjoyed “The Shirt” episode today. Chips, thank you for providing all the pics, updates and video during this trip. I have truly enjoyed it! You are awesome!!

8. 33 Obama Grandmama
    November 19, 2012 at 8:53 pm

All these photos are bringing back pleasant memories of my own trip to Thailand, Myanmar and Laos. It was about ten years ago and I saw all of those Budhas and Temples too. They were absolutely gorgeous. Their silk fabric is too and the demonstration of the silk weaving was fascinating. The hotels we stayed in were more luxuriant than any I had been in before. The trip was one of the cheaper trips with the travel company I went with too. Ten years ago the exchange rate was to my advantage, not sure what the exchange is today. My friends all got massages and loved them but I don’t love torture so refrained as I also refrained from eating large cockroaches at the market. I said I had not signed on for Fear Factor. LOL

9. November 19, 2012 at 8:54 pm

Some days I see a post-Presidency Barack Obama in black turtleneck and jeans, all cool and spirited. Laughing and holding Michelle Obama’s hand.

• 36 susanne
      November 19, 2012 at 9:12 pm

ahem. yes, when he’s visiting san francisco, that’s what he’ll wear. but at home in hawaii…..he’ll be in swim shorts and bare feet and a smile, and maybe a lei. :)

• 38 HZ
      November 19, 2012 at 9:40 pm

Meta, remember that semi turtleneck that he was wearing while sitting in the Oval Office with one of his speechwriters? I believe it was in that setting and he had on jeans? It was a very cool photo that we all went wild over again. Well, he will wear something on that line of casual will be for you and your SF setting.

Oh, remember the one(when he was a Senator) at the big dinner at Oprah’s home in Cali., and POB was in a black dressy Tee, black jacket, and black pants. He was standing under a tree. Now that was some delicious eye candy. I want that look when he comes to Southern Cali.HZ

10. 41 FoxfireTX
    November 19, 2012 at 8:54 pm

BTW, next week after Thanksgiving I suggest we start a campaign to get this idiot Congress in line with emails, phone calls, etc. Got up this morning to a headline on Yahoo that Congress was now starting an investigation into who changed the talking points. This is utterly ridiculously. Who the hell cares????? It reminds me of kindergarted where everyone is trying to determines who tattled on someone. Obviously they have learned nothing from this election and it is time they heard from us. I am utterly disgusted but it wouldn’t do much good this week as I’m sure they’re all off for Thanksgiving week. But they need to hear from the American people that they have far bigger problems to worry about than who the hell changed the talking points.

11. 50 sonjiaduncan
    November 19, 2012 at 8:54 pm

This trip is amazing, so much beauty and multicultural experiences. Love it all after so much hate and ugliness. Thank you Chips.
    Congrats Magapie on being first.

• 51 theo67
      November 19, 2012 at 10:15 pm

You make a good point. I think all this peace and love that the President is being immersed in during this trip is replenishing his soul, as well, and giving him strength for the next four years. All those Buddhas must be smiling on him! He just seems to relaxed.

12. November 19, 2012 at 8:54 pm

Congrats magapie!!!

Is #Shirtylicious trending ;)

#FORWARD

13. November 19, 2012 at 8:58 pm

I see you guys have been talking about a shirt on ALL the posts today. Hmmmm I don’t see it. It’s such an odd style (kind of like a women’s tunic blouse) that I think the excitement might have been because a middle aged man didn’t look goofy in it. To me the President is attractive for his smile and intellect and kindness and charisma. I have so much respect for him as our smart and tough and hard working president that it would feel weird to think of him beyond that. Oh well, I don’t mind being in the minority on this! :) Or maybe it was just a slow news day….I could all stand a few of those for a change.

14. 67 forus50
    November 19, 2012 at 9:01 pm
  15. November 19, 2012 at 9:02 pm
  16. 73 whatisworking
    November 19, 2012 at 9:03 pm

HI Everyone

Good to be commenting here again. Although I was not writing, I visited the blog everyday and was so grateful for all the accurate information.

I just visited this website and saw that they had 2 links to the Obama Diary, one story about the President’s trip and another link to the shirt story. I don’t know much about this blog, but I already like them because they like TOD.

the links are toward the bottom of the page

Go Chips….

• November 19, 2012 at 9:06 pm

Thanks Linda, good hearing from you, hope you’re well – and recovered from the election!

• 75 whatisworking
        November 19, 2012 at 9:12 pm

Fired up, ready to go.

I posted this days ago, but it bears repeating. On the day of the election I had team members near tears because they were getting their election news from MSM on TV (at our neighbors office the Democratic Headquarters). As they came up to me all glum and discouraged, I would sit them down, give them a hug and then show them what I was reading at TOD. It always gave them courage and inspired them to hang in there.

TOD is a powerful force on the Internet, thank goodness we have a place to go to get facts instead of hysterics.

Virtual Hugs…

November 19, 2012 at 9:08 pm

My favorite college basketball team won tonight, so they will play again tomorrow night. Now I think I will go watch Monday Night Football or maybe some more college basketball.

• 98 susanne
      November 19, 2012 at 9:16 pm

they link to tod for the flotus arts story, too! chips, you’re an aggregator! (if that’s a compliment..)

17. 99 lisalovesobama
    November 19, 2012 at 9:07 pm

Is ShirtGate over?

18. 121 lisalovesobama
    November 19, 2012 at 9:16 pm

I feel like I missed some important stuff today, namely The Shirt. :( Me wants more shirt photos.

19. 132 No Child Left Behind
    November 19, 2012 at 9:21 pm

Good Evening TOD Family,

Does anyone have a link for PBO’s tonight events?

Thanks.

20. 133 magapie
    November 19, 2012 at 9:21 pm

Maddow DISMANTLED John McLame on foreign policy tonight! It was classic! Clip after clip after clip of McShame saying rediculous and utterly WWWRRRONNNGGG comments and opinions on FP.

• 134 dudette9t9
      November 19, 2012 at 9:44 pm

I switched the channel when I saw she was about to talk about him. Just couldn’t stomach anymore. Glad to hear she took him down though.

• 135 theo67
        November 19, 2012 at 10:29 pm

She actually did a masterful job, but it made me angry all over again. I don’t even know how McCain made it through 2008 with the nonsense he has spewed with his non-existence foreign policy expertise. He really is clueless. And to think, he also came |—| this close to the White House, with Palin at his side. God looks out for this country! :)

21. November 19, 2012 at 9:22 pm
  22. 139 vitaminlover
    November 19, 2012 at 9:27 pm

About the cool shirt….Chips, can you add that to the calendar selections?

• November 19, 2012 at 9:30 pm

Hiya VL, help! Don’t understand! What do you mean by ‘calendar selections’? Thanks!

November 19, 2012 at 9:32 pm

Shit! You have a CALENDAR????????????? Holding out on us, were you:) ???

• November 19, 2012 at 9:33 pm

Do I? :lol: Oh yeah, there’s a calendar near the bottom of the right sidebar – DF, it’s been there for, oooooh, three years. Wake up woman!!! :lol:

November 19, 2012 at 9:42 pm

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG. OMG. The LAST thing on my mind has been a calendar! That’s really funny…I never noticed that….wake up? I think I actually need more SLEEP! So sad I missed all “the shirt” business today. That man could wear a potato sack and make it look good. I loved the shirt…..and the pants….and the smile…and the brains….and ……

• 145 Alycee (@jazziz2)
        November 19, 2012 at 9:34 pm

Why the TOD Hot POTUS Pictorial Calendar that WE decided you’d produce months ago! Think it was last spring or summer

• 151 vitaminlover
        November 19, 2012 at 9:54 pm

Hint hint let’s just say that you start composing a variety of calendars to sell. I have previously made this request. I would buy at least 2 of each one that you compose. Like one with just our (President please include the picture with him in the rain smiling in his suit that heats all of us women up) Then one of he and First Lady Obama. Then one with Miss Malila and Miss Sasha. Then one with Vice-President Biden. Then one with just First Ladky Obama. Then one with Bo. Then one with Obama and Biden. See how many different types of calendars that you could put together? You could become quite wealthy doing this..ya’ think?

23. 152 susanne
    November 19, 2012 at 9:31 pm

i’d been wondering if the calls we made to flush limpall’s advertisers had a lasting impact. dk says yes:

‘ Dial Global, a radio network that recently blamed Rush Limbaugh in part for its dire financial circumstances, voluntarily de-listed itself from NASDAQ last week. In the three most recent quarters, Dial Global has lost 98.6 million dollars. The period corresponds fairly closely to the nine months since Rush Limbaugh attacked Sandra Fluke. ‘

November 19, 2012 at 9:32 pm

A fellow was about to enter a bar when a dog tugged at his trouser leg and said to him, “Hey, pal! Wanna make some quick money?”

The man couldn’t believe his ears. He said to the dog, “Can you talk?”

“Yeah,” the dog answered, “and that’s how we can pick up some easy money. You take me into the bar with you, pretend I’m your dog, and bet everybody I can talk.”

The fellow thought that was a great idea, so he took the dog into the bar, set it on the bar, and announced to everyone that the dog could talk. The other patrons didn’t believe him, and it wasn’t long before several thousand dollars had been bet. Finally, after all the bets had been placed, the guy said to the dog, “All right, go ahead and say something.”

Nothing.

He told the dog again, “Hey! All the bets are placed! Say something, for God’s sake!”

The dog just looked at him and whined.

He, asked again and again, but the dog wouldn’t say a word. Finally, the fellow had to pay all the bets, scooped up the dog in disgust and walked out. Once outside, he screamed at the dog, “You just cost me way over a thousand dollars! You got anything to say before I seriously boot your mangy ass?”

“Take it easy, pal. You ain’t thinkin’,” the dog answered. “Tomorrow night, we’ll be able to get odds of fives or better.”

November 19, 2012 at 9:34 pm

A woman came up behind her husband while he was enjoying his morning coffee and slapped him on the back of the head.

“I found a piece of paper in your pants pocket with the name ‘Marylou’ written on it,” she said, furious. “You had better have an explanation.”

“Calm down, honey,” the man replied. “Remember last week when I was at the dog track? That was the name of the dog I bet on.”

The next morning, his wife snuck up on him and smacked him again.

“What was that for?” he complained.

“Your dog called last night.”

November 19, 2012 at 9:37 pm

A husband buys his wife a car for Christmas.

“I don’t like it” she says, “I want one that goes from 0-140 in 3 seconds.”

So the husband bought her a bathroom scale.

And I am outta here.

November 19, 2012 at 9:38 pm

See this? I couldn’t help myself:) HE’S as expired as his food….you just can’t make this stuff up!

LAS VEGAS (AP) — A Las Vegas Strip restaurant bearing the initials of celebrity financier Donald Trump was briefly shut down after health inspectors found violations including month-old caviar and expired yogurt.

DJT, the signature steakhouse at the Trump International Hotel, reopened Nov. 2 with a restored “A” grade — several hours after Southern Nevada Health District officials logged 51 violations during a routine inspection.

Thirty violations merit a “C” grade, district spokeswoman Jennifer Sizemore said Friday.

Inspectors reported finding outdated, expired, unlabeled, mishandled and improperly stored food, according to a summary posted on the health district’s website. The closure was first reported by KTNV-TV as part of a “Dirty Dining” segment focused on area restaurants.

While ready-to-eat food can be stored for up to seven days, inspectors at DJT reported finding the old caviar and yogurt, duck that dated back to June, veal stock and tomato sauce that was almost two weeks old, and expired peanut dressing and black bean chili.

Inspectors found no measures to destroy parasites in undercooked halibut and salmon, and noted that raw tuna was being improperly thawed. Icicles were found in a faulty freezer.

A hotel marketing manager told KTNV that adjustments were made immediately, and delivering an exceptional experience to guests is a top priority.

28. 169 Alycee (@jazziz2)
    November 19, 2012 at 9:41 pm

:-)

29. November 19, 2012 at 9:42 pm

Charles Pierce (is a genius):

… Before we move along to those scamps on our teevee screens, let’s pause for a moment and mark the return of airy dementia to the prose of one M. Dowd, of The New York Times, who decided to unlimber herself on the Bigger-Than-Watergate-Teapot Dome-Crédit Mobilier-The-Combined scandal surrounding what the gnomes in John McCain’s head think happened in Benghazi. Notably piquant is this passage in which Ms. Dowd wonders whether or not the president and his staff are as shallow and muddleheaded about politics as she is.

30. 174 anniebella
    November 19, 2012 at 9:42 pm

One question do you think the Republicans are going to work with POTUS concerning the fiscal cliff? I could be wrong but I don’t. I don’t trust them at all.

November 19, 2012 at 9:46 pm

DK had interesting take….so many more progressive members coming on board in Jan….if Reid changes the rules for filibuster……and the majority really CAN rule…this could work out alright after all.

• 176 Alycee (@jazziz2)
      November 19, 2012 at 9:46 pm

If they don’t two likely bennies will be — new middle class/working folks tax cut enacted in 2013 will be the “Obama Tax Cut” and in 2014 Dems will run on “Who is looking out for Middle Class and Working Folks”

31. November 19, 2012 at 9:42 pm
  32. November 19, 2012 at 9:44 pm

This may sound kinda corny but President Obama wearing that shirt was a great birthday gift today.

Thanks for the great photos of the world’s most awesome and sexiest President Chips.

33. 195 JER
    November 19, 2012 at 9:47 pm

| VIDEO OF “THE SHIRT” | “The Shirt” first appears at about 45:35 and again for a group photo at about 51:22 –

34. November 19, 2012 at 9:50 pm

The Shirt Felt ’round the World.

35. November 19, 2012 at 9:50 pm

trying to figure out why I started getting all comments in my email inbox. I don’t have the box checked. Anyone else?

36. 202 susanne
    November 19, 2012 at 9:50 pm

okay, this is final. margaret and helen lay down the rules for thanksgiving :)

37. 204 anniebella
    November 19, 2012 at 9:52 pm

Let me go see how POTUS football team is doing? The Chicago Bears.

• November 19, 2012 at 9:58 pm

You son’t want to do that….:(

November 19, 2012 at 10:08 pm

Well I check the score, I saw that the Bears were behind 20 to 0, I didn’t expect the Bears to win with Cutler out. Maybe they can come back and make it an interesting game. Or maybe the college basketball game will be better.

• 207 dotster3
      November 19, 2012 at 10:02 pm

Don’t look. San Fran replacement QB getting the best of Bears replacement QB, Bears losing 20-zip. My Chgo son in law flew out.to go to the game with a friend there. Not a good one to go to—-but I’m sure they’re having fun anyway.

• 208 Puddin'
      November 19, 2012 at 11:18 pm

Not good…4th 7:51 CHI 7 SF 32

38. November 19, 2012 at 9:53 pm
  39. November 19, 2012 at 9:59 pm

Okay, for all you soccer lovers…I leave you to decide which team they’re playing for. I have my own opinion ;)

40. 216 99ts
    November 19, 2012 at 10:01 pm

I just cried at Rachel’s “best thing in the world” – getting trains back in far flung part of NY – how wonderful that this storm recovery is working – and how different to Katrina

• 217 No Child Left Behind
      November 19, 2012 at 10:29 pm

But for many people, many houses, everything is gone. That’s where I live and that got me sick. I am getting better now

41. 218 forus50
    November 19, 2012 at 10:05 pm

Help please. I will take back the shirt comments :) if someone can give me direction on how to stop every comment appearing in my email inbox!!

42. 229 Alycee (@jazziz2)
    November 19, 2012 at 10:17 pm

Was going to give him a snarky reply, but too easy…

43. 233 dotster3
    November 19, 2012 at 10:17 pm

forus, make sure the box isn’t clicked below when you reply—-the one that says notify me of follow up comments via email or the one that says notify me of new posts via email. You may have clicked on it inadvertently.

44. November 19, 2012 at 10:17 pm

Hidee O’s!!! It’s been a few great getting up days since I was in TOD town. I’ve been pretty busy, but stopped in earlier to peek at what was happening on the TOD stoop. WOW!!! I’m just now able to get up from the naughty mat. Every time I got up, I got weak in the knees and was in swoon mode all afternoon. I think it’s time for a new mat Chips, today has worn it down to a few stubborn threads that escaped the throes of some sincere clutching. The shirt is Smithsonian worthy.

45. November 19, 2012 at 10:17 pm
  46. November 19, 2012 at 10:23 pm

My spidey senses are telling me President Obama will end up in Afghanistan to celebrate thanksgiving w/ the troops, unless it leaks then I bet their backup plan is to east w/ troops at Ramstein AF Base in Germany what you guys think of my thought bubble?

47. November 19, 2012 at 10:29 pm

ok I fully logged out and cleared cache and no check mark in the notify me and it’s still doing it. arghhh. I’ll see if still is tomorrow.

November 19, 2012 at 10:31 pm

A bus filled with politicians was driving through the countryside one day, on the campaign trail. The bus driver, caught up in the beautiful scenery,loses control and crashes into the ditch. A farmer living nearby hears the horrible crash and rushes out to discover the wreckage. Finding the politicians, he buries them.

The next day, the police come to the farm to question the man. “So you buried all the politicians?” asked the police officer. “Were they all dead?”

The farmer answered, “Some said they weren’t, but you know how politicians lie.”

November 19, 2012 at 10:32 pm

How many Irish wimmin does it take to change a lightbulb?

Ten. One to hold the bulb in place and nine to drink until the room spins.

50. November 19, 2012 at 10:32 pm

The WH video of PBO’s speech this morning:

• 272 forus50
      November 19, 2012 at 11:32 pm

This was awesome – thanks for posting it. I just watched it for the first time now. How does he have time to think of such a perfect speech? I know he has speech writers but it seems this was mostly him.

51. 273 theo67
    November 19, 2012 at 10:36 pm

Does anyone really think Marco Rubio has any presidential credibility? Really?

• November 19, 2012 at 10:40 pm

Theo, loved Charles Pierce’s description of him today:

“Senator Marco Rubio, rising Republican superstar and unconquerable champion of the Republican effort not to become obsolete within a changing electorate, how are you and science getting along these days?”

• November 19, 2012 at 10:49 pm

Nope. The only image he has is a 100% creation of the lazy MSM and the lying GOP. That’s how Ryan became known as a “budget wonk” and a “deficit guru” and ended up being exposed as an empty suit during the general election.

November 19, 2012 at 10:53 pm

No one I hang with. :)

• November 19, 2012 at 10:58 pm

Nonewhatsoever.

And while we’re on the subject, I’m topped out on the chattering class already focused on 2016, as if we didn’t just go through this horrendous and excruciating 18-month campaign where we had to endure non-stop outrageous nonsense from a bunch soulless money-grubbing idiots. As though we don’t have a crap-ton of heavy lifting and difficult work to do between now and then. The MSM are insatiable and disgusting.

• 284 theo67
        November 19, 2012 at 11:14 pm

They get paid by the election hours. They have no idea what it takes to actually make things happen, which is why they spend their days chasing shiny objects. It’s entertainment for them now. The media has become completely useless. I am all done with the 2016 fascination, when we haven’t even finished counting the votes from this most recent election only two weeks ago! They are making a mockery of democracy.

November 20, 2012 at 12:09 am

Ah, but this time, the chatterers will not steal our joy. We are on to them, after how ’09 started. They are already trying, but we will enjoy every single day of President Obama’s post-election period, his Inaugural, and his next four years in office … how he handles being the leader of the free world, every foreign trip, every domestic meeting, every golf game, every Christmas vacation with his family in Hawaii … every time he has to take a Republican to the woodshed, to get his agenda passed … every time we see a photo of him, barefooted (just had to throw that in) or with a new shirt or new tie on. So, stiff upper lip for all of us, and all that, and spit out the crap they have been shoveling at our minds since the early hours of Nov. 7.

• November 19, 2012 at 11:10 pm

Hell no! That boy is bone dry.

52. 287 theo67
    November 19, 2012 at 10:37 pm

I’m just listening to Alex Wagner (who’s mom is from Burma, by the way) reading some nutjob’s endorsement of Sarah Palin based on her “hot looks” and “hunky husband”. I think my head just exploded.

• 288 99ts
      November 19, 2012 at 10:53 pm

Probably as good a reason for the GOP as any other reason theo (they seem to have failed with war heros & rich guys) – if she was good looking and/or had a hunky husband. Her looks have been seriously downhill since 2008 & someone describing Mr Palin as “hunky” has serious problems with the english language and/or their eyesight.

The GOP’s best option seems to be to get Gov Christie on a diet – the rest of them haven’t a clue.

• 289 theo67
        November 19, 2012 at 11:11 pm

Someone mentioned earlier that they think the GOP are using a different dictionary than the rest of us – it would explain a lot!

• November 19, 2012 at 10:57 pm

Has this person seen Palin lately? I don’t think so. She looks like a bag of bones wearing a wig. She has lost a lot of weight, and the word is that she’s writing some kind of fitness book. The republicans keep focusing on physical and superficial qualities and forget all about substance, then they get angry when a majority of Americans don’t see the same qualities in the person that they claim to see. IMO, that’s why so many republicans are upset about the election. They thought Romney was the bees’ knees when he was really the bear’s ass. Follow the link to see what she looks like now.

• 294 Puddin'
      November 19, 2012 at 11:33 pm

These people are delusional…”hot looks”…whatever…”hot looks” does not make a good president…beauty is in the eyes of the beholder!

53. 295 Alycee (@jazziz2)
    November 19, 2012 at 10:43 pm

Bidens host wounded warriors for Thanksgiving dinner

By Olivier Knox, Yahoo! News | The Ticket

The mouth-watering smells of stuffing and turkey, a crackling fire, guests with bowed heads giving thanks for “second chances”—Vice President Joe Biden and Dr. Jill Biden hosted their fourth Early Thanksgiving for Wounded Warriors on Monday, welcoming servicemen and -women and loved ones to the Naval Observatory.
    “Jill and I want to welcome you to the vice president’s home. This is your home,” Biden said in brief remarks as the 26 guests sat at two large tables in the residence’s dining room. He spoke from behind a lectern with the VP’s seal on it, Jill Biden at his side. Candles fluttered over their shoulders on the mantelpiece of the fireplace, in which a robust blaze was already crackling. A Navy harpist played before his remarks.

****************

For those curious about what the meal included, here is the menu, provided by the vice president’s office:
    “Buttermilk Brined Roast Turkey
w/ Lemon-Parsley Gravy
    Country Bread Dressing
    Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
    Graham Cracker Sweet Potato Gratin
    Roasted Vegetable Macaroni & Cheese
    Snap Beans w/ Caramelized Shallots & Roasted Mushrooms
    Fall Harvest Salad
    Apple-Pecan Cranberry Relish
    Maple-Ginger Pumpkin Pie
Old Fashioned Lattice Apple Pie
& Thanksgiving Pecan Pie”

More ———-> http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/bidens-host-wounded-warriors-thanksgiving-dinner-005719435–election.html

• 296 theo67
      November 19, 2012 at 11:29 pm

Such a traditional menu, but there are some surprising twists, too! Wonder what the “roasted vegetable mac & cheese” is all about…

The Bidens are so genuine in their support and love for the troops. They are gifts to this country.

54. November 19, 2012 at 10:48 pm

“Seen from France, Michelle Obama embodies the happy news: Beautiful, intelligent, funny, smiling; She has built a solid marriage and raised two delightful daughters whom she has been able to protect from the tumult and vanities of power and fame.”

So tells us the author of “Michelle Obama, L’Icone Fragile” (Fragile Icon), a recently-published book that is turbocharging the canonization of the first lady among venerated American idols like Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn.

France, already in love with Michelle before the latest presidential election, has now raised her a notch and many publications have gone all in over the past week to credit her for her husband’s victory. “Michelle has won the duel of the first ladies,” enthused the magazine Paris Match on the cover of its latest issue.

• 298 amk for obama
      November 19, 2012 at 11:00 pm

They should take a trip to paree. I bet she would beat out jackie easily.

• 299 daisydem
        November 19, 2012 at 11:27 pm

Sorry amk, I am a Kennedy-ite, especially Jackie, so maybe we could say not beat out but just be Michelle?! Like Jackie was Jackie? I loved/love them both. And they do seem to share so much …. fashion …. love for the arts …. love for the men in their life and children. I love them both so much.

• 301 Obama Grandmama
        November 20, 2012 at 4:22 pm

It would be hard to beat out Jackie as she was of French heritage and spoke fluent French. Michelle is adored like Jackie was adored though. Both are American First Lady favorites there.

55. 302 dotster3
    November 19, 2012 at 10:51 pm

I shared The Shirt photo with my 3 daughters since I am a good mother and wanted them to be able to partake of a beautiful thing. I gave no explanation for why they were receiving this loveliness. I am laughing at the 3 responses. One replied “Ooooo–la–la”, another asked, “What is this???” and another said, “You’re weird.”

56. November 19, 2012 at 10:53 pm

interesting article by Mckay Coppins on how the conservative media lost the elections 5 min read http://www.buzzfeed.com/mckaycoppins/conservative-media-does-its-own-soul-searching-af

57. November 19, 2012 at 11:04 pm

Also another quick read on the backstory of the most tweeted/liked photo in the history of the internet the Obama hug election night! hint it was an exhausted staffer….. http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/11/19/the-story-behind-the-most-viral-photo-ever.html

58. November 19, 2012 at 11:15 pm

Some great footage of President Obama’s visit to Burma.

59. 319 forus50
    November 19, 2012 at 11:33 pm

ok going to be and fingers crossed I won’t wake up to 10,000 comments in my email inbox. :) Good night TODers!

60. November 19, 2012 at 11:39 pm

Ok I promise this is the last Chips but this is is awesome!

This is from Vicky Ku’ulei on youtube…

“Waiting 5 1/2 hours to see the most important person in the world, Mr. President Obama.
    He presented a wonderful speech to the fantastic American Embassy Community, we thank him for everything he’s doing to help make our country a better place.

Mr. President: *shakes other peoples hands*
    Me: “Excuse me Mr. President, may I please have a hug?”
    Mr. President: “Of course, how are you doing tonight sweetheart?”
    Me: *blushing* “Wonderful!”

I can’t believe I had the honor to speak and recieve a hug from Mr. President Barack Obama himself. This was the most important and wonderful experience of my life. I’m never going to forget this, EVER!