Nov

Rise and Shine

NYT: President Obama skipped dessert at a long summit meeting dinner in Cambodia on Monday to rush back to his hotel suite. It was after 11:30 p.m., and his mind was on rockets in Gaza rather than Asian diplomacy. He picked up the telephone to call the Egyptian leader who is the new wild card in his Middle East calculations.

Over the course of the next 25 minutes, he and President Mohamed Morsi of Egypt hashed through ways to end the latest eruption of violence, a conversation that would lead Mr. Obama to send Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton to the region. As he and Mr. Morsi talked, Mr. Obama felt they were making a connection. Three hours later, at 2:30 in the morning, they talked again.

…. The White House phone log tells part of the tale. Mr. Obama talked with Mr. Morsi three times within 24 hours and six times over the course of several days, an unusual amount of one-on-one time for a president. Mr. Obama told aides he was impressed with the Egyptian leader’s pragmatic confidence. He sensed an engineer’s precision with surprisingly little ideology. Most important, Mr. Obama told aides that he considered Mr. Morsi a straight shooter who delivered on what he promised and did not promise what he could not deliver.

Full article here

President Obama talks with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel during a phone call from his hotel suite in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, Nov. 19 (Pete Souza)

President Barack Obama talks on the phone with Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi, aboard Air Force One during the flight from Phnom Penh, Cambodia to Washington, D.C., Nov. 20. National Security Advisor Tom Donilon listens at right. (Pete Souza)

President Barack Obama talks on the phone with Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi in the Oval Office, Nov. 21. Chief of Staff Jack Lew, National Security Advisor Tom Donilon, and Deputy National Security Advisor Denis McDonough listen in the foreground. (Pete Souza)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone

165 Responses to “Rise and Shine”

1. 1 Vicki Green
    November 22, 2012 at 8:25 am

Good morning,all.

• 2 proudmemberofglobalzero
      November 22, 2012 at 8:30 am

Congrats of First Vicki! Happy Thanksgiving to all. Started in Kitchen early. We eat at 5. Yes, hubby is working today.

I love all of my TOD family. I really find it funny that the shows we all watch are starting to read this blog. I noticed two references last night on Maddow. Didn’t mention The Obama Diary but her ideas came from here. I would not be surprised to learn that WH staff, media, and others don’t lurk here everyday.

I will be cooking all morning. I will check on all of you later today.

Happy Thanksgiving and love to all,
      Sue, Tom, Brett, Ryan, and Alexandra.

• November 22, 2012 at 8:35 am

Morning Vicki, have a great day everyone!

• November 22, 2012 at 8:59 am

Happy Thanksgiving Chips and all of TOD! I am thankful with all my heart for this site and for Chipsticks. For the fellowship and the community I give thanks.

• 5 Betsy
        November 22, 2012 at 9:44 am

Happy Thanksgiving Chips, I hope you have a wonderful, fantastic day!!! I am thankful for you and this blog, so very thankful for our President being re-elected, and the NYT times piece is one reason why, and I am so thankful for my wonderful husband and three fantastic kids, and having a job that I love.

November 22, 2012 at 8:26 am

GM Vicki!!!!!!!

November 22, 2012 at 8:28 am

Good Morning Vicki & Df! Wishing you both a Happy T-Day!

November 22, 2012 at 8:41 am

And you, vc:) Happy Thanksgiving!!

November 22, 2012 at 8:43 am

Merci, my dear, Df. I’ll be there as soon as the hens are ready. None of this chit-chat business before, and I’ll have to leave promptly after to be sure to avoid holiday traffic. ;)

November 22, 2012 at 9:25 am

I’ll have to run to the store and get a few more of those adorable birds…..you won’t mind if they’re still a little frozen do you? I have pie…lots of pie!

November 22, 2012 at 9:43 am

:shock: Desertf, you mean AFTER extending that invitation YESTERDAY you didn’t immediately rush out to get the added necessities? I don’t eat pies – the hens were the real attraction! I don’t believe this! Thanks a lot, Df! Just thanks. :cry:

Wait! Hmmm. I wonder if it’s too, too late to invite myself over to PF58, or to pass by and get lost just at her door after all the family is inside? She might be from the old school that always made extras in case a stranger dropped in unexpectedly. Hmmmmm. There’s got to be a cornish hen with my name on it somewhere OUT there. Hmmm.

3. 13 No Child Left Behind
    November 22, 2012 at 8:27 am

Good Mornin Vicki,

Congrats on your first and Happy Thanksgiving!

My thanks to the TOD Family and warms wishes for a very delicious time today.

• 14 No Child Left Behind
      November 22, 2012 at 8:39 am

How silly of me to drop the “g” in the “morning” of such a special day!

I have a lot to be thankful for and this site, TOD, is top on my list. I am also thankful for being in the comfort of my “home” after being displaced by Sandy. I am forever thankful to the Lord and all those that worked hard for the re-election of President Obama. May You bless them all in this special day.

November 22, 2012 at 8:43 am

Thinking of you, and all the others that have been displaced by that monster storm.Here’s hoping that your lives return to normal very soon. Know that you are in our thoughts. Hugs to you and your family.

4. November 22, 2012 at 8:29 am

Happy Thanksgiving TOD. Blessings to you all.

November 22, 2012 at 8:34 am

Good Morning, TODville! And there we were naively thinking the President had a chance for some sleep on his return trip from Cambodia! I appreciate the undertones I got from the article about PBO’s perception of the Egyptian president -a straightshooter. From my President that’s a compliment IMO. I sure don’t get the sense that he feels anywhere near this for Bibi (full disclosure – for whom I have no respect).

6. November 22, 2012 at 8:34 am

Morning all, I ‘m posting another great link to c-span review of the campaign, this time in a Politico q&a with Jim Messina. It’s long, but riveting and spot on by Messina repeating regularly that the success of the campaign is because of the President and the message and vision. People wanted to be involved because of him.

• 19 idon
      November 22, 2012 at 9:52 am

I watched that one and the one with David Plouffe. They were both great. Everyone, and I mean evereyone should watch both of them.

• 20 forus50
      November 22, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Berny, Just watched the entire hour. Interesting, amazing detail – loved it! Thanks Mr. Messina and enjoy Italy on a well earned month long vacation. (He said he had taken one week off in 5 years…wow.)

7. November 22, 2012 at 8:36 am

Good Morning and Happy Thanksgiving to the TOD Family.
    Hope you enjoy this beautiful day knowing that we have someone smart and capable in the White House. I am feeling safe just expressing that!!

8. November 22, 2012 at 8:36 am

G’morning Chips,TOD, lurkers, everyone. Happy Thanksgiving!!! Congrats Vicki in #1!!

November 22, 2012 at 8:37 am
  10. 25 Pamela
    November 22, 2012 at 8:42 am

G’day, y’all, Happy Thanksgiving Day to you. I can smell turkey roasting all the way from the East Coast! Working today, but so are many of us….. Will be around, reading over VC’s shoulder, when time permits. {{{{CHIPSTICKS}}}}. {{{{{PBO}}}}} {{{{TOD}}}}

11. November 22, 2012 at 8:42 am

Happy thanksgiving.
    This fiscal cliff stuff is not worrying me at all. That is a Big Business PR thingy.
    What does concern me is the debt Celing and the Government runs out of money in march.
    And yes, unless Boner gets what he wants, he will shut down Government, and let the Debt ceiling expire. Which would result in another downgrade and a recession, not to mention the Poor will get screwed.
    Thus, the Tea baggers should all be thrown in jail!
    That is all.

November 22, 2012 at 8:51 am

Reminder…this is NOT 2010. This is NOT 2011. It IS Thanksgiving…so no handwringing today. Relax. He’s got this:)

• November 22, 2012 at 8:55 am

Oh ok! I am just making an observation, spelling it out.
        I guess I don’t trust the republicans.
        Happy thanksgiving, but still a lot of work to be done.
        Someones singing Lord, kumbya, oh Lord Kumbya. LOL!

November 22, 2012 at 9:05 am

No one with a BRAIN trusts Republicans…they have proven time and again that they are not capable of being trusted:) That said…If I may be so bold…we’re thankful for you, our own TOD worrywart. Love you, jovie…Happy Thanksgiving. And give that black lab of yours an extra treat today…because I love dogs too….my “little” Great Dane included:) Hugs!

• November 22, 2012 at 9:23 am

Jovie, have a wonderful Thanksgiving!. I trust the president to have a plan. He will not let the country be downgraded and he won’t let the Republicans win. Have faith.

• 34 Betsy
          November 22, 2012 at 9:50 am

Happy Thanksgiving Jovie. Hope you have a great day. I don’t trust the GOP either but I do trust President Obama. He’s got this.

12. 35 ber6964
    November 22, 2012 at 8:46 am

Good Morning and Happy Thanksgiving to All.
    Have a Fun Safe Holiday!

13. November 22, 2012 at 8:46 am

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends!

14. November 22, 2012 at 8:47 am

Not my tweet but my sentiment exactly.

• November 22, 2012 at 8:58 am

Ah now, I’m blushing! :lol: Thank you Edwina!!

• November 22, 2012 at 9:54 am

Yes Yes Yes Yes. Chipsticks: thank you, dear mind and heart. This is my favorite place for company, not even a
      close second anywhere around. Chipsticks: thank you so much. And all the rest of you: wow, rising to the opportunity
      here, day after day, with your brains and hearts and sillinesses and seriousnesses. Abundance. Gratitude. Forward

• November 22, 2012 at 12:31 pm

57, Bob and Sara, you’re all waaaaaaay too kind – but I HUGELY appreciate the kind words, thank you! And thank you too for your company, what a journey!

• 43 Dakota
          November 22, 2012 at 12:59 pm

You may be blushing, but it is the absolute truth. You’ve created a space that indeed has become a force for truth. You have attracted some of the most dedicated and committed people I’ve ever “met” and that is something that I’m truly thankful for today. And…we also have a lot of fun here!

In the words of Harpo to Miss Celie in The Color Purple: “Ms Chipsticks, you is a miracle!” Happy Thanksgiving Darlin!

• 45 a4alice
      November 22, 2012 at 10:29 am

Nice Chips!

15. 47 collegekay
    November 22, 2012 at 8:49 am

Good morning and Happy Turkey Day! I absolutely love the end of West Wing Week. PBO is so personable.

16. November 22, 2012 at 8:50 am

Happy Thanksgiving America!!! GM :)

17. November 22, 2012 at 8:51 am

Isn’t it wonderful that the President was a major player in brokering Peace. Nobody thought he could do it and that The “Nut” was going to War.
    The press thought so too… Anderson Cooper was in that car that a Drone attacked, and he reported on it. Not really, but he thinks so…
    Anyways, the American Press was all set to cover WWIII and now they are somewhat deflated. Have you noticed.
    So, yes I am thankful for Peace. Thankful we will be getting out of Afghanistan despite McCain and Graham whining, thankful for my Black Labrador and thankful for nice nice piece of property I have.

18. November 22, 2012 at 8:52 am

Happy Thanksgiving!

19. 52 SeptemberSandy
    November 22, 2012 at 8:56 am

Happy Thanksgiving Peace and Blessings to all

20. 53 Marth
    November 22, 2012 at 8:56 am

Happy Thanksgiving family. May God bless your table each and every day.

November 22, 2012 at 8:57 am

Gosh I really miss this show! h/t to Bob Cesca for the great post this morning…and the memory of what intelligent TV looked like. Enjoy. Wonder if this is an LOD episode? If it is…thank you, Lawrence!!

November 22, 2012 at 9:01 am

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! The NYT piece about the behind the scenes look regarding the Israel-Gaza ceasefire is quite fascinating. Bravo to Pres. Obama and also Pres. Morsi.

• November 22, 2012 at 9:05 am

I read that, it is a good piece of reporting. Another big win for the President, moreover the World.

November 22, 2012 at 9:10 am

Yes it was riveting. My fondest wish would be for them to explore this relationship more and try and forge a lasting,sustainable peace for all the ME because of this first step. That would be monumental in so many ways…not just for the people of that region, but for the world. A stable, secure and peaceful ME. We can dream.

• November 22, 2012 at 12:28 pm

Agree, df. Given the nature of the interaction between the two of them these past several days it seems highly likely. I would not be surprised to see Mr Morsi at the WH in the near future and it could well set the stage for the President to travel to Egypt, then Israel, after th Jan 2013 Israeli elections.

#TrustBarack

• 64 FoxfireTX
      November 22, 2012 at 9:17 am

And can you imagine Mittens having the diplomatic skills to pull something like this off??? NOT. Instead he would have encouraged Netanyahu to proceed with a ground invasion which would have lead to more loss of life in Gaza and incredible instability in the entire region. Part of the biggest problem here was Morsi’s inexperience as a diplomat. Thank God he had PBO to tutor him through this crisis.

November 22, 2012 at 9:21 am

I shutter to think. Seriously…that makes my body quake. Horrific, on all counts. Yes, we can ALL be thankful that PBO was his tutor!

• 66 jackiegrumbacher
        November 22, 2012 at 9:27 am

You’re right, Foxfire. Romney would have gotten a kick out of a war as long as he and his family were safe. He would think that fostering a war made him “manly.” PBO doesn’t have to prove his manliness. He is the true alpha and knows that real leadership means working for peace, instead of violence.

23. 67 JER
    November 22, 2012 at 9:05 am

Happy Thanksgiving to all. I am thankful for Chips and this wonderful TOD family.

24. 68 Vicki Green
    November 22, 2012 at 9:05 am

Thanks everyone for your congrats. As long as I can access TOD I am happy.

I wonder if anyone here has noticed or can confirm what I am seeing on MSNBC since the election with Rachel and Ezra. Both of them have become much more supportive of PBO. Rachel with clear admiration and respect for our President (Oh, those adoring commercials)
    and Ezra (Shockingly) with economic comments that are very far left of what he said before the election. Some of his comments seem like trial balloons that the Administration may be sending him.
    Such as : You want to secure Social Security? Easy! Just remove the cap. This is the last thing 1% wants to hear. The rich would resove all issues by austerity for us and increased prosperity for them. Ezra appears to have moved from the Bloomberg View he writes for over to the good side.
    Anybody else giving Ezra a second look?

• November 22, 2012 at 9:14 am

I think Rachel and her Partner, must realize that the President has gone to bat for one of the Communities She cares about.
      So, during the Holidays, she may be grateful for just that.
      Maybe?

• November 22, 2012 at 9:21 am

I just posted some videos below. I have seen the difference.

November 22, 2012 at 9:37 am

They are not consistent. It’s on one week, off the next. It’s a way to get people sucked in. A ratings model for MSNBC.

• 72 Vicki Green
        November 22, 2012 at 9:44 am

You may be right, HF. A litle cynical, perhaps, but maybe correct.

• 73 Nena20409
        November 22, 2012 at 12:03 pm

I hear you HF. I personally don’t want lap dogs…..I am sure pres Obama would not want that. The press is best when they are vigorous, firm, factually and holding those in power accountable. What I truly detest are what Fox and the rightwingers have done to nearly half of the population and their Foxerization of the National media.

The 4th estate is supposed to be part of our Check and Balance. Today sadly, what happened to the right on Nov 6, 2012 was that their bubble and living in that imaginary world was finally exposed to all 313M of Us to finally uniformly agreed that it is Not Us….it is the Rightwingers truly unskewing News, Reality, Polls, Elections, Voting, Science, Demographics, etc.

I want to be informed. I want to be challenged. I want facts, data, science, Geography, History, Bible, etc. I want Logic and Content with also context.

If we all think alike or act alike…..this world would be very dull. It is indeed what each and everyone of Us brings to the world…for our time is very limited.

Today, I am thankful for all the world has to offer: The Good, The Bad. The Ugly.

25. 74 FoxfireTX
    November 22, 2012 at 9:13 am

Good morning peeps! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here and around the world, even though you may not celebrate this holiday.

I came across an article yesterday that I had not seen previously and it is well worth the read.

“But he must have known that if he remained true to the very things his enemies feared in him — his rationalism and modernity — the country could get on with the task of transforming itself, and tonight he celebrated the most sweeping political transformation in American political culture since the one Reagan cemented in his electoral victory of 1984:

He had turned a center-right country into a center-left one.”

Although I do not agree that we are yet center-left, I am optimistic that with another four years PBO will have turned this lumbering ship we call America away from the income inequality that has marked its decline these last 28 years toward a more progressive economy. And there is this:

“He had been diminished as a symbol until he had finally become a transformational politician; he had changed a people in the course of changing himself. He was still president of the United States, but he was also still Barack Obama, and right before he rushed himself offstage it was nice to see that he damned well knew it.”

Read more: Obama Speech Election Night 2012 – Tom Junod on Obama’s Election 2012 Victory Speech – Esquire http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/obama-speech-election-night-2012-14528957#ixzz2CxZxgJEm

It is well worth the read. And this change of course is one of the things I am so grateful for on this Thanksgiving Day.

26. 75 Eveingeorgia
    November 22, 2012 at 9:18 am

Happy Thanksgiving, Chips and everyone at TOD.

Thank you, Chips, for keeping us informed and up to date, even on a busy day like today. You deserve medals.

27. November 22, 2012 at 9:18 am

Good morning again and Happy Thanksgiving.
    I thought this was a great segment from TRMS last night.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/#49925967 and her sincere “love” for John McCain … http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/#49925566

28. November 22, 2012 at 9:20 am

To all the TOD sweets, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!! We have soooooo much to be joyful for, including Chips and this great place. FORWARD!!

29. 84 ctgirl7
    November 22, 2012 at 9:23 am

As part of Sec. Clinton’s American Chef Corps project, Kass & Comerford demo holiday recipes & discuss regional traditions…
    The State Department hosted an online livestream earlier this month to explain American holiday traditions to viewers around the world. Titled Live From America! A Taste of Thanksgiving, the hour-plus program spotlighted Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton’s recently launched Culinary Diplomacy Partnership. The two premier members of the inaugural American Chef Corps, White House Executive Chef Cris Comerford and Assistant Chef Sam Kass were joined for the food fest by noted chefs Art Smith of DC’s Art and Soul restaurant and Richard Hetzler, Executive Chef at the Museum of the American Indian. (Above, Kass in the dark blue jacket that is the Corps uniform)

November 22, 2012 at 9:25 am

GM folks.

So did you any of you heartless TOD’ers pardon at least one turkey?

31. 91 anniebella
    November 22, 2012 at 9:43 am

Happy Thanksgiving to the Obama family.

32. 92 anniebella
    November 22, 2012 at 9:44 am

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you guys.

• 93 COS
      November 22, 2012 at 9:48 am

Happy Thanksgiving to Chips and all TOD friends. We have a lot to be thankful for, especially the re-election of PBO.

33. 94 WilTal
    November 22, 2012 at 9:49 am

Good morning to everyone! Happy Thanksgiving and a Blessed Day to All! Chips, you are one of our daily blessings and I am so thankful to you and your Dream Team (your regulars) for all that y’all do everyday! It seems like such a small token of appreciation, but THANK YOU!

34. 95 idon
    November 22, 2012 at 9:57 am

PBO’s thanksgiving message is beautiful. When will we see the delivery of the official Christmas tree. I love watching that piece with FLOTUS and the first daughters.

35. 98 Ceb
    November 22, 2012 at 9:58 am

Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving!

Still so full of thanks that despite all of the powers that were against us, PBO was re-elected and the planet has sighed in relief.

Have a great day and remember those who are less fortunate.

Thanks again, Chips for all that you do. I made sure to mention this site when I filled in my survey from OFA. Luv ya!

36. 99 canadabarb4obama
    November 22, 2012 at 10:03 am

Brought over from last thread:
    My very sincere best wishes to all on TOD celebrating Thanksgiving. Each of you has a very special place in my heart. Thank you for your hard work to re-elect PBO, your President, and the leader of our Free World.
    Chips, than you for this peaceful oasis.

37. 100 carolyn
    November 22, 2012 at 10:07 am

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. So many things to be thankful for this year. My husband and I are very grateful that we are still here…my birthday is tomorrow, his is December 19, which will be a year anniversary from his heart attack and stent opertion last year.
    Today our daughter, her husband and his family will be with us for dinner, tomorrow we will go to Dallas to celebrate Thanksgiving and two birthdays….our granddaughter’s and mine with our son and his family. We are so blessed!!!
    I so enjoy this place, and learn so much. I would not be nearly as informed if I did not come here, as I do not have the time or energy to chase down all the wonderful news people bring here. So……a big thank you to Chipsticks for opening this, and a big thank you to everyone on this site who bring so much news and inspiration.
    Also, a big thank you to President Obama and Secretary Clinton for averting a bloodbath in the middle east. Last Sunday our pastor was very concerned about the situation, and I know that all of us rejoice in this cease fire, which we pray will lead to a permanent settlement.
    Everyone, enjoy today, and I’ll say, good afternoon and good night now, as my hours will be in the kitchen and dining room with loved ones.

38. November 22, 2012 at 10:12 am

Good morning to all the dear friends here at TOD. I am grateful to each of you…….how you inform and enrich my life…….you lift me up when I am down. A special thanks to Chips for providing us this gathering place. May each of you and your families have a blessed Thanksgiving!

39. 104 sherijr
    November 22, 2012 at 10:16 am

Hola TOD Family & Ms. Chips… Happy Thanksgiving to everyone :) Having salmon at my house- no bird killing for us today ;) I am grateful for so many things this year, tops on my list is President Barack Obama, First Lady Michelle, VP Biden & Dr. Biden- and all the awesome smart people they’ve hired to represent US and stand up for US. I’m grateful for the Mighty Chipsticks and all that you do to show us the truth- and I’m grateful that what you’ve done here is being seen by eyes from around the world.. folks are getting the message in spite of the republican media. And I’m grateful to all the TOD folks who come here & share so much important information, who leave no stone unturned in fighting the lies.. all the lovely smart & good natured souls here who never give up ~ I salute you all. ****Happy Thanksgiving****

• 105 sherijr
      November 22, 2012 at 10:32 am

Also very very grateful for the Cease-Fire… I hope it is the beginning of real Peace. And… I’m in Baltimore with my sons, my grandkids- who could ask for more than that!! A beautiful day to Everyone, whether you celebrate Thanksgiving or not- gobble gobble ;)

November 22, 2012 at 10:18 am

Totally obsessed with this song which is a remake of another song I think?

November 22, 2012 at 10:22 am

“What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family.” — Mother Teresa

42. 111 Asher in Boston
    November 22, 2012 at 10:34 am

Good morning. Happy Thanksgiving. I am so thankful for all the blessings and thankful for Potus and family and VPotus and family. Thank you America for PBO’s second term.

November 22, 2012 at 10:35 am

Big Bird’s glad he’s been saved.

44. 118 nospin
    November 22, 2012 at 10:39 am

Happy Thanksgiving All

November 22, 2012 at 10:40 am
  46. November 22, 2012 at 10:42 am

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, family friends and TOD supporters and contributors and of course Chips for making this a unique space for those with the common purpose of honouring the President, his family and all his brilliant ideas which affect not only the US but really the entire world.

November 22, 2012 at 10:43 am

Today in funny.

• 123 Nena20409
      November 22, 2012 at 12:13 pm

He must have been asleep in 2009 and 2010 when Two different Fox VPs declared Fox as THE OPPOSITION to Pres Obama? he must have been drunk when Bill Samon(sp)….the Fox DC bureau was printing out memos for all the Fox hosts to keep associating pres Obama with Socialist/Socialism?

• 124 relellit
      November 22, 2012 at 12:48 pm

Yup, O Reily is another turkey that deserves to have divine “divine providence” intervene.

48. November 22, 2012 at 10:49 am
    November 22, 2012 at 10:49 am
  50. 128 debz
    November 22, 2012 at 10:54 am

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, and especially Chips. Thank you for giving us this wonderful place full of the positive news we don’t get anywhere else.

51. 129 gobrooklyn
    November 22, 2012 at 10:58 am

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TOD FAM!

52. 130 JER
    November 22, 2012 at 11:01 am
  53. 131 squarepeg
    November 22, 2012 at 11:01 am
  54. 133 sabreen60
    November 22, 2012 at 11:02 am

Happy Thanksgiving Ms. Chips and TOD. I hope you all get to spend the day with family and friends or maybe help feed the homeless.

55. 134 1jam4pbo
    November 22, 2012 at 11:06 am

Happy Thanksgiving Miss Chips. Happy Thanksgiving TOD Family. Happy Thanksgiving President Obama and Family. Happy Thanksgiving VP Biden and Family. Have a great day Everyone.

November 22, 2012 at 11:09 am
    • 136 Nena20409
      November 22, 2012 at 12:18 pm

Several years ago, there was another one where a family had refused to move for a bridge construction. And a similar thing was done two. I thought China is an authoritarian state.

In USA many people, especially people of color lost everything when USA was expanding highways from across USA.

57. 137 LDS
    November 22, 2012 at 11:09 am

Happy Thanksgiving, Chips and my TOD family.
    Please continue to pray for the victims of the storm. Specifically, Far Rokaway, Queens. People are still going through and some places do not get much attention as others.Bloomberg is such a short man with a lot of money with short vision who has over stayed his welcome here in NY. We are ready for him to exit stage left
    I am so thankful that we have the best First Family in history residing in “Our House”.

I say that proudly, because it is the truth. We are what we have been waiting for. I feel safe, secure, inner peace and very confident that the right man for the right time is making history for a time such as this. Those who have ears, let them hear not only what he says in his speeches, but what he does his his actions.

For this, I am grateful and very thankful.

58. November 22, 2012 at 11:19 am

The NYT story is fascinating and West Wing Week this week is awesome. Thanks, Chip.

Happy Thanksgiving, good people.

59. November 22, 2012 at 11:23 am

A Happy Thanksgiving to the incorrigible,dependable and hardworking Ms Chips for this blog which generates such passion, information and dialogue on a daily basis. I am sooo thankful for this.
    I am also thankful to the stalwart, ‘warrior’ TODERS who give of themselves so heartfully to restore balance,whilst challenging the mis-information that dictates the unwholesome narrative.. Eat,drink and be merry…you surely deserve it.
    And, of course I am so,so thankful that the spectacular PBO got re-elected and welcome his ‘forwarding’ in the next 4 years. Onward,forward,people.

November 22, 2012 at 11:25 am
  61. 142 Lorraine
    November 22, 2012 at 11:25 am

Happy Thanksgiving!

62. November 22, 2012 at 11:29 am
  63. 144 lisalovesobama
    November 22, 2012 at 11:30 am

Happy Gobble Gobble Day, everyone!!

Ps- who else thought it was awesome when PBO just introduced himself to the merchant as simply “Barack……..that’s it.” Pure swag!!! No need for a last name, just Barack!! :lol: :lol:

64. 150 Cheryllou
    November 22, 2012 at 11:43 am

Happy Thanksgiving! Hope everyone have a safe holiday.

65. 151 LadyTNT
    November 22, 2012 at 11:47 am

Happy Thanksgiving Chips and TOD Family!! And Happy Thanksgiving to my First Family and Second Family!!!!

66. November 22, 2012 at 11:52 am

Happy Thanksgiving TOD family. I am thankful for President Obama. I am thankful for all the voters who stood in line and refused to submit to voter suppression. I am thankful to the hard working PBO team that never gave up, the techy guys. Heck, I am thankful that the Mitt Campaign believed they were winning despite the fact they had not put in the hard work, only to have us overwhelm them with people power.

Happy Thanksgiving, Chips. Thank you for this beautiful place that allows me to hang out with some of the best people in the world. I am truly thankful for you.

HAPPY THANGSGIVING EVERYONE. More work to do to strengthen our president’s legacy!!!

67. November 22, 2012 at 11:55 am

Happy Thanksgiving Chips and TOD! Have a most blessed day! Love, joy, peace, family, friends, and laughter…..ENJOY!
    XOXOXO, PJ

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

68. 155 FormelyFRED
    November 22, 2012 at 12:00 pm

I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.I am very grateful for my family and my TOD family.Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying family and friends.Grateful President Obama won reelection.Thanks Chips for this site.
    Until next time;
    Fred :wink:

69. 158 a4alice
    November 22, 2012 at 12:04 pm

hi guys.

So I got some more info about this “The Action” thing. One of the guys I know who was as an OFA organizer went to DC after the campaign, came back and let me know that there will be some “action” type things going on. Like ralliies, holding a vigil, letters to the editor you know that kind of thing. They are planning a couple of things that I let as many people know about as I could so we’ll see what happens! I’ll keep you posted. If any of you know anything could you let me know too? I’m curious as to how this will go, but glad that the campaign is going to find ways of endeavoring to keep peeps active in the process.

• November 22, 2012 at 12:15 pm

I did the survey and indicated I want to say active and will be available for the next four years to support our President. I am so glad that they are going to keep us active for the remainder of his term. We need to keep it Pressing On.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone because we truly have a President to be thankful for. May he have an unevetful day today because he deserves alittle peace for one day but if anyone who can protect and keep the world on an even keel is PBO.

November 22, 2012 at 12:07 pm

Thankful for our Troops and wishing all of them, all over the world, a Happy Thanksgiving. You are in our thoughts today and everyday. Thank you for all you do, from a grateful nation. Hurry home.

71. 162 proudmemberofglobalzero
    November 22, 2012 at 12:07 pm

Enjoy all…I love this song and it plays often…especially on Thanksgiving:

72. November 22, 2012 at 12:17 pm

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

73. November 22, 2012 at 12:23 pm

Look at all this stuff that needs to be done during the lame ass duck?-

Held up by the GOP!