Dec

Rise and Shine

President Obama’s interview with Tom Joyner here

Links for the Business Rountable

White House Live (audio only) * CBS * CNN

Greg Sargent: Why GOP will buckle on tax rates for rich: Doyle McManus of the Los Angeles Times has a very good overview of the situation: Republicans know that going over the cliff won’t be that damaging in the short term; they know Obama is prepared to go over it without a deal to raise tax rates on the rich; and they know they’ll have to yield sooner or later. It’s good to see more news outlets getting it right on the basic dynamic here.

Paul Krugman: From Politico:

Dick Armey left the deep-pocketed tea party group he helped build over a clash with a top lieutenant …. [he] received an $8 million buyout….

Remember, the tea party is a grass-roots movement, a spontaneous uprising of ordinary Americans against the snooty, coffee-drinking elite.

ThinkProgress: …. Sen-elect Elizabeth Warren, a dogged consumer advocate whose critique of Wall Street excess was a centerpiece of her campaign, will join the Senate Banking Committee. Wall Street spent boatloads of money to prevent Warren’s election, but now she will have oversight of the rules and regulations under which banks operate….

…. Several Senate candidates supported by Wall Street wound up losing. As a member of the Banking Committee, Warren will have the opportunity to stand against both the watering down of the Dodd-Frank financial reform law and new misguided efforts to reduce limits on Wall Street.

Full post here

Liberal Librarian (The People’s View): …. it’s also part and parcel of the modern Republican Party: its narrow-mindedness; it’s utter lack of regard for anyone not of its circle — and often not even them; its disbelief in any kind of common humanity which binds together the world’s peoples. A convention which has been US domestic law for 22 years becomes suspect when it returns from the foreign recesses of the UN. A health care law which incorporated many once-mainstream Republican ideas becomes the greatest tyranny ever faced by the nation when translated into action by a foreign usurper.

Full post here

TPM

And that’s just a taste of the international reaction to the Snow poll.

Yes, Snow won – in an avalanche.

But because it’s playing havoc with some people’s browsers – just like last year – there’ll only be the occasional sprinkle. “So what was the flippin’ point in having a snow poll,” I hear you ask. Eh, good question. :???:

Mooooooooorning everyone!

86 Responses to “Rise and Shine”

1. 1 Nena20409
    December 5, 2012 at 9:46 am

GM all Happy Wednesday TOD.

December 5, 2012 at 9:47 am

Sooooo….this happened on the Tom Joyner Morning Show this morning. :lol:

3. 12 Nena20409
    December 5, 2012 at 9:51 am

I ‘ve just checked in before I get going and Oops, Leave A comment was dangling before me, baiting Me to chime me. Well, I don’t know if I am First. But If I am IT, I am tickled Pink.

My FOTO Fave…..any pictorial of POTUS, FLOTUS, VPOTUS and Dr. Jill Biden or the picture with the young boy touching pres Obama’s head.

Snow Flakes…..OK, snow falling down is fabulous.

Thanks Chipsticks.

But if I am not FIRST, well then……Love always and Never You Mind.

4. 13 Pamela
    December 5, 2012 at 9:51 am

Bye y’all, back later! {{{{{Chipsticks}}}}} {{{{{{PBO}}}}}}

5. 14 Nena20409
    December 5, 2012 at 9:54 am

So, I made it? Good, Good Morning. Good, Good Day. Good a happy feeling going my way. Life is a time to wonder……..

Sunshine is in my neck of the woods. That always gives me a happy face.

I am wishing all well today.

6. 15 Japa21
    December 5, 2012 at 9:55 am

GM TODville. I loved the snow. Get it back NOW!!! Oops, sorry Chips, I really wasn’t trying to tell you what to do.

• December 5, 2012 at 10:08 am

Mooooooorning Japa!!!! You know, I think the snow may divide us all forever, more than any other issue of our time – even Israel/Palestine. I checked our election results this morning and thought ‘well, that’s that – the snow’s here to stay’. Then saw an email from one of the gang that read:

“STOP THE SNOW, MY PC IS GOING NUTS!!!!! :)”

What’s a girl to do?? :lol:

• 17 amk for obama
        December 5, 2012 at 10:24 am

It bet it’s some apple crap that goes nutz.

• December 5, 2012 at 10:28 am

:lol: Excuse me, I’m an Apple nut and all was snowy and well – stick that in yer pipe and smoke it!

• 19 Pamela
          December 5, 2012 at 10:50 am

iPad is smart enough not to show silly snow! So, I guess I have no idea what the fuss/fun is all about, as I believe snow is best in the mountains where it can be skied upon! Most useful there, indeed! Breakfast!

• 20 yardarm756
        December 5, 2012 at 10:59 am

Good morning Admiral and all you TOD lot. I say it will be SNOW or you’ll have a mutiny on board! Git ‘er done, eh?

• 21 theo67
        December 5, 2012 at 1:28 pm

Chips – I think your diplomatic solution of the occasional snowfall will make everyone happy. I like seeing it, and it does disappear the further down the post you go. But, it seems selfish to want it all the time if there are people getting migraines, having their computers collapse onto fainting couches, etc. The occasional flurry will do just as well! :)

7. 22 sherijr
    December 5, 2012 at 9:59 am

ohh Chips I don’t think I’ve ever mentioned how much I love & admire your humor ~ you give me a laugh nearly everyday.. so thank YOU :)

December 5, 2012 at 9:59 am

GM folks. GM Chips.

9. December 5, 2012 at 10:02 am

Good Morning, afternoon, evening TODville!!!! Waves to Mayor Chips (as I mutter grumpily…I want more snow…voted for snow hhrrmmpphh). Looking around and checking for VC, Miss Pamela, Dudette, LL, Bobr, Amk Troublemaker, Gail, (sees Nena and UT…what happened…everyone sleeping in today)…shakes head…returning to Lurkdom

P.S. to Tien Le and the Mayor, for goodness gracious goddess sake, please do not mention the words CHEESY PUFFS
    As an aside did you know that iHerb will deliver Barbara’s Bakery Cheese Puffs all the way to the Swiss Boonies? See, I did not need to find that out!!!

10. December 5, 2012 at 10:02 am
  11. 35 GGail
    December 5, 2012 at 10:04 am

Good West Coast morning Chipsticks!
    It’s very very foggy here in So Cal – it’s so foggy that the SNOW can’t fall :-(

Have a great day everyone – I’m off to work.
    bbl

12. 36 dotster3
    December 5, 2012 at 10:06 am

Happy to see snow storm has moved along. Even though I could appreciate its loveliness, it threw my compute into total rebellion. Odd cause the same thing didn’t happen last year. Maybe just in short doses for the snow people. I was afraid I was going to have to break my TOD habit, which would have required intense therapy—–and DRUGS—–lots of them. Thank you for saving me from future rehab—–and the prospect of becoming BFF with Lindsay Lohan.

13. 39 PoliticalJunkessa
    December 5, 2012 at 10:12 am

Oh, I see. The people voted overwhelmingly for snow, but a very small rump group has filibustered the will of the voters. I smell voter suppression. Revolution NOW!

( :lol: )

14. 43 Bill
    December 5, 2012 at 10:14 am

I just spoke with the office of Senator Richard Burr (R-NC). He voted against the veteran’s job bill which he helped write and the disability treaty yesterday. I asked the very nice young woman if he planned on following Mitch McConnell’s instructions and vote “No” for every bill PBO supports for the next four years, and she said she did not know. This Republican Senate caucus could not be any lower.

• December 5, 2012 at 11:49 am

Thank you, Bill, for calling Senator Burr’s office. I am also from N.C., and he does not represent me.
      What do we do next about this guy? I am thinking we need to find us a good candidate, somebody
      to displace his void-ness. Do you have any ideas about who would run against Burr?

15. 45 relellit
    December 5, 2012 at 10:28 am

Good morning TOdville & Chips

Snow and Glory it is.
    Everyone have a nice day. :)

Love our President and First Family.

16. 47 dotster3
    December 5, 2012 at 10:44 am

Des Moines artist’s painting of Bo in the snow in front of the WH chosen by Michelle Obama for official WH xmas card

December 5, 2012 at 10:53 am
    • 54 relellit
      December 5, 2012 at 11:05 am

The Republicans pushed Bob Dole over the cliff when they refused to vote on ratification of the U.N. Convention on the Rights of People with Disabilities.

These are the same back stabbers who shook his hand prior to pushing him over the cliff.

Shame on these back stabbers.

• 55 yardarm756
      December 5, 2012 at 11:26 am

When I think about this I am saddened and angry at what I see is blatant stupidity. These sorry-asses have set the US back in world standing and alienated every person on the planet that has a disability. For what? Home schooling? Thirty-seven “red-necks”, one phony Cuban, and a disabled none vote have brought shame on this country.

• 56 amk for obama
        December 5, 2012 at 11:35 am

In the hatred of this president, they’re blindly undermining the office of the presidency in future too in the eyes of the world. The other nations are moving on while the thugs hypocritically blocking the US involvement in world affairs and then lying about how the US falling behind under this president.

• 57 yardarm756
          December 5, 2012 at 12:09 pm

To tell the truth, I think it’s deeper than that. I believe there are some big dollars involved. Just think, if this treaty was enacted, reasonable accommodations will become world wide including hiring practices. The multi-nationals don’t want that. It would impact their bottom line, you know?

18. 58 relellit
    December 5, 2012 at 10:55 am

Arithmetic For Republicans: Why Boehner’s ‘Offer’ Just Doesn’t Add Up

~snip~
    Consider their treatment of Medicare, the popular social insurance program for seniors that Republicans have always despised. They have just emerged from a long national campaign in which they repeatedly and falsely claimed to “protect” Medicare from the president — whom they accused of wanting to slash $716 billion from the program — but now they complain that he won’t cut it enough. The Obama cuts were mythical, but the Boehner budget proposal includes at least $600 billion in Medicare and Medicaid reductions.

Worse still, the Republicans propose to perform this crude surgery on Medicare without the slightest explanation of where they would cut. Washington rumors suggest that they would achieve some of those cuts over the next 10 years by raising the eligibility age by two years to 67 and by increasing premiums for more affluent beneficiaries.

———————————————————————————————————————–

Geedy, dumb, RepubliCOns. They’d better be afraid of President Obama’s veto pen and 2014.

19. 59 Rita
    December 5, 2012 at 10:59 am

Good Morning TODville! While I’m sad to see the snow go, this news made my day :)

And so starts the slow climb back to relevance. One can hope… ;)

• 60 relellit
      December 5, 2012 at 11:14 am

I loved his meltdown on election night. He was so sure he had stolen Ohio, again

Besides, people who get their new from the Republican Ministry of Propaganda, that’d be FAUX NEWS, are more poorly informed than people who don’t watch news anyhow. Perhaps this will limit some of the mis-information and lies; at least .

This is great no more Roving Reports! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now it’s

• 61 theo67
      December 5, 2012 at 1:44 pm

“The slow climb back to relevance”? I don’t think Faux news was ever relevant – it was created to be a propaganda arm to deceive and divide.

December 5, 2012 at 11:06 am

Firefox 17.0.1 is out. Not for the blog tyrant though.

21. December 5, 2012 at 11:07 am

How difficult would it be for the Business Roundtable to find a microphone that works? :roll:

22. 68 yardarm756
    December 5, 2012 at 11:10 am

Once again the ladies have spoken : http://margaretandhelen.com/…….

Everything we need to know, we learned in kindergarten. Too bad Republicans missed that day.
    by Helen Philpot

Margaret, I am beginning to wonder if there are any grown ups left in the Republican party .

I ‘ve been asking myself that question since 2004 when George Bush got 35 more electoral votes and 4.1 million more popular votes than John Kerry. The next day he announced that he had political capital and he “intended to spend it ‘cause that’s the kind a guy I am.” I swear that man was the biggest jackass ever to live in the White House.

It was so good to see an adult take office in 2008 when Barack Obama won 192 more electoral votes and almost 10 million more popular votes than John McCain. But then the Republicans obstructionism in the Senate started and eventually, thanks to the dumb asses in the Tea Party, the complete collapse of any type of governing ramped up 2 years later in the House. They vowed Obama would be a one term President, and everything we learned in kindergarten went right out the window…………..

• 69 daisydem
      December 5, 2012 at 11:27 am

Went to the link and read all of it! Thanks yardarm for sharing. I forget to check their blog often and sometimes miss a new one because they only post occasionally. But I love them .. it is always en pointe with laughter to accompany their insight. “….. spending the whole day pissing in the baby pool.” (Loved it).

23. 71 TrumpDog
    December 5, 2012 at 11:13 am

I was thrilled to see TWO Obama bumperstickers on my way home this morning from taking my kids to school. One was on a black Beemer; it was the orange square Obama! one.
    The other was a car has the ribbon magnet on the car and the square w/ the blue star (I think this symbolizes someone in the military). I was behind them and noticed a circle shape on the back window. As I passed I realized it was the Women for Obama one.
    Made my morning. I know the election is over but I’m glad may of us are still showing our support. Especially in my state (AZ)

• 72 Alycee (@jazziz2)
      December 5, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Know the feeling TD; was in St Louis this weekend. got a real thrill each time I saw an Obama sticker. BTW, there was NOT a Romney sticker to be found!!!

24. 73 Bill R.
    December 5, 2012 at 11:20 am

PBO to the wing nut GOP teabaggers : We’re not playing the hostage game on debt ceiling. So get over yourselves!

25. December 5, 2012 at 11:21 am
  26. December 5, 2012 at 11:23 am

President Obama is laying down the law regarding debt negotiations and certainly laying down the HAMMER on debt ceiling hostage-taking games. Says he will not participate in this game playing and will NOT be a part of setting this kind of precedent. And judging from his tone and demeanor, HE MEANS BUSINESS.

• 76 COS
      December 5, 2012 at 11:35 am

Good morning Meta and everyone. I was especially proud when PBO said that. He certainly means business and he is getting in front of this early. I sure hate that we could not see the question and answer session. He is so darn comfortable talking to those folks.

• 78 yardarm756
      December 5, 2012 at 12:12 pm

Let there be no doubt.

December 5, 2012 at 11:25 am
    December 5, 2012 at 11:29 am
  29. 81 collegekay
    December 5, 2012 at 11:39 am

Chips, don’t forget to put PBO’s picture with the santa clause hat on the header like last year. lol

30. December 5, 2012 at 11:41 am

Happy Birthday to Rise and Shine. Happy Birthday to Rise and Shine. Happy Birthday dear Rise and Shine, Happy Birthday to you. Congrats Chips on this wakey wakey milestone.

31. 85 sonjiaduncan
    December 5, 2012 at 12:37 pm

Protesters disrupt Sen. Portman during “Fix the Debt” conference

32. 86 Pamela
    December 5, 2012 at 6:55 pm

I’m sitting here this afternoon, holding my beautiful White House Christmas card 2012, with Bo Obama in the snow, and I am beside myself with sheer delight! My very first Christmas card of this season, from The First Family! Oh. My. Goodness. Gracious. I do feel so very special!