Dec

Santa-tracking

First Lady Michelle Obama reacts while talking on the phone to children across the country as part of the annual NORAD Tracks Santa program. Mrs. Obama answered the phone calls from Kailua, Hawaii, Christmas Eve, Dec. 24, 2012. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)

Funniest exchange ever on the NORAD call (read it all at BuzzFeed):

MRS. OBAMA: Hi, Anthony, it’s Michelle Obama, the First Lady. How are you?

ANTHONY: Good.

MRS. OBAMA: How old are you, Anthony?

ANTHONY: Eleven…..

ANTHONY: Can you come visit me in Texas?

MRS. OBAMA: Yeah, he’s (Santa) heading your way….

ANTHONY: Yeah, I was talking about you trying to visit me.

MRS. OBAMA: Oh, me come to visit you. (Laughter.) Well, I don’t know if I’m going to be able to come and visit before Christmas tomorrow, but if ever I find myself in Texas next year — and I know I’m going to be coming to Texas one time next year — hopefully we can see each other then. How does that sound?

ANTHONY: Will you come to my house?

MRS. OBAMA: Yeah, I don’t know if I can come to your house. I might not be able to do that. But I’ll be keeping an eye on you, though.

ANTHONY: How about my school?

MRS. OBAMA: Your school — maybe your school. What school do you go to?

ANTHONY: (Inaudible).

MRS. OBAMA: All right, well, I’m going to tell my assistant right now…..

ANTHONY: Can I talk to your husband?

MRS. OBAMA: He’s not here right now. (Laughter.) But you know what, I will tell him that you asked about him. Okay?

ANTHONY: Okay.

MRS. OBAMA: All right. You keep being a good kid. Work hard in school, okay?

ANTHONY: Okay. Tell your daughters I said Merry Christmas.

MRS. OBAMA: I sure will. Thank you so much. You give your family my best, okay? You give them all a Merry Christmas from all of the Obamas, okay?

ANTHONY: Okay. Thank you.

MRS. OBAMA: All right, bye-bye.

ANTHONY: Bye-bye.

And President Obama makes a brand new friend in Hawaii….

269 Responses to “Santa-tracking”

1. December 24, 2012 at 6:00 pm

Merry Christmas ALL. Hope santa stops by here, too

2. 18 Proud Former White House Intern
    December 24, 2012 at 6:00 pm

Cool I would love to hear her voice

3. December 24, 2012 at 6:01 pm

I knew that as soon as he tweeted that pic there’d be a new post, cuz wow…what a great photo. Thanks Chips. Happy Holiday, y’all.

December 24, 2012 at 6:02 pm

Beautiful First Lady:) Lucky kid on the phone!!

December 24, 2012 at 6:02 pm

Gorgeous photo.

6. December 24, 2012 at 6:03 pm

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

7. December 24, 2012 at 6:06 pm
    • 26 utaustinliberal
      December 24, 2012 at 6:09 pm

He really is ‘The Baby Whisperer’

• 30 susanne
      December 24, 2012 at 6:30 pm

look at those little baby teeth! all i want for christmas is two front teeth :) so glad to see pbo having fun!

• 31 idon
      December 24, 2012 at 7:17 pm

As soon as I saw this PBO baby pic I strated laughing because babies just get that PBO’s is the ONE. It just warms your heart and makes you feel happy and hopeful. And FLOTUS calling children on Christmas eve is such a sweet generous thing to do.

December 24, 2012 at 7:31 pm

Chips – Merry Christmas Eve to you and TODville! That picture of the baby is so adorable! I think that’s a baby magnet on the President’s cap, gotta be, why else would they flock?

• December 24, 2012 at 8:19 pm

Aw, yay another great baby pic! I think the babies encourage him, and remind him of why he does all that he does. Ultimtely that’s why we do everything we do, for the babies.

• December 24, 2012 at 9:28 pm

We were stationed at Kaneohe in 1952/1953 when I was 8. My dad was a Marine. He took pictures of Eisenhower playing golf on the same course as President Obama uses there, on Ike’s return from Korea. I was at Punch Bowl Cemetery for the 1952 Pearl Harbor Memorial service, as well. As Taps was played and my father and other Marine Honor Guards stood at attention, I watched my Dad as tears rolled down his cheeks. He had been at Iwo Jima, Saipan and Tinian and lost comrades. Don’t let anybody tell you that children forget these things. They don’t! This photo brought back a lot of memories.

December 24, 2012 at 6:07 pm

The Baby Whisperer strikes again.

9. 36 dudette9t9
    December 24, 2012 at 6:11 pm

• 37 HZ
      December 24, 2012 at 9:22 pm

That is one of my favorite tracks on that album, Dudette. Thanks so much for posting it here for us. Have a wonderful and lovely Christmas.HZ

10. 38 99ts
    December 24, 2012 at 6:13 pm

Santa in Australia – Happy Christmas everyone

December 24, 2012 at 6:45 pm

99, this is a totally new one for me. Thanks. I never gave a thought to poor Santa traveling somewhere hot all dolled up like he usually is. ;)

11. December 24, 2012 at 6:15 pm

Merry Christmas everyone!

Dear Chips, the radiance of the community you have created and nurtured shines in so many lives. Will forever be grateful for being able to participate.

Here’s my Christmas offering to all of you.

#FORWARD

December 24, 2012 at 6:18 pm

Oh what a happy, little, wide-eyed sweetheart!

Yo Chips! Good to see you! Put your tired feet up and relax. Oh, did you get my present ……. the red chevy volt, remember?

• December 24, 2012 at 6:19 pm

Ah flip VC, I thought you wanted the blue one? :shock:

December 24, 2012 at 6:21 pm

Only you would confuse b-l-u-e with r-e-d! Maybe there’s time to change it if you hurry. I want to make a statement this coming year and blue just won’t do it.

• December 24, 2012 at 6:24 pm

:roll: Okay, I’ll bring it back – give me five minutes.

December 24, 2012 at 6:27 pm

Good! I know you’re a mite tired from being on your feet all afternoon, BUT….. if a thing (shopping pour moi) is worth doing, it’s worth doing right. You’ll feel less tired once you’ve fixed this. Trust me.

• December 24, 2012 at 6:34 pm

Oooops: they’re closed. Don’t worry VC, I’m going to spray paint it with ketchup, you won’t even notice the splodgy bits. Promise.

December 24, 2012 at 6:41 pm

/face palm/ /This Christmas gift thingy isn’t working in the village this year./

‘Sokay, CC. Don’t give it another thought. It’s the original thought that counts.

/ You guys have seen her artist ability on display, right? :roll: /

13. 65 marachne
    December 24, 2012 at 6:19 pm

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate, peace and blessings to all TODer, and most especially Mistress Chipsticks . I was going to post the following a few days ago, but got distracted until I saw what 4morefor44 had posted on the last thread. Hope this works

14. 69 marachne
    December 24, 2012 at 6:21 pm

Oh dear, don’t know if the problem is me or my tablet. Maybe someone can fix it?

15. 71 cookemom
    December 24, 2012 at 6:22 pm

I like this version:

16. 72 Ann_T
    December 24, 2012 at 6:24 pm

I wanted to pop in and say Merry Christmas everyone! :)

17. 74 overseasgranny
    December 24, 2012 at 6:27 pm

Santa has just about finished up in Ireland and is on his way to your house, Chips! Happy Holidays everyone!

December 24, 2012 at 6:31 pm

Team Obama-Biden ROCKS!

19. 78 susanne
    December 24, 2012 at 6:33 pm

so, chips, you’ll be pleased to hear i just finished writing and addressing my christmas cards! just have to get them to the post office, and i’m done! :)
    how did your shopping go? lots of bargains? lots of santas with babies on laps? hope you had fun. and thanks for this gift you bring us every day–the obama diary! mahalo nui loa~ and mele kalikimaka!

20. 84 Nena20409
    December 24, 2012 at 6:34 pm

Happy Christmas Eve…..all you Lovely TODville community.

Looks like the POTUS with the Mostest is mixing it up with the natives in Hawaii? This little cutie and her hair piece has but two little tiny teeth? And look at the huge smiles on those baby pinch-able cheeks? I love that picture.

December 24, 2012 at 6:37 pm

I think Piers Morgan is a douchebag because he was part of the Murdoch team that bugged peoples phones in Britain but apparently the gun nuts hate that he’s pro-gun control and has been tweeting about it, so they sent an online petition to the white house to deport him and it has been gathering steam. That’s how crazy they are.

This tweet cracked me up.

• 90 susanne
      December 24, 2012 at 6:41 pm

hilarious! but probably also true… :)

• 91 4morefor44
      December 24, 2012 at 6:59 pm

yea, let the murdoch lackey go. we don’t need him for gun safety issues or any other issue. president obama and his real supporters will get it done, just as we’ve always done. last thing we need are more fair-weather friends and i think we should actively push them away from any association to the obama team. especially true for the dailykos-type supporters. we don’t need them. they only serve to cause drama and demoralization at the first moment of trouble.

• 92 nathkatun7
      December 24, 2012 at 8:43 pm

That’s too funny! Can Americans sign the British petition to keep Piers just for this one issue until Congress passes a meaningful gun control law? UT! Thank you so much for all your brilliant commentaries, your tweets, and your fearlessness in supporting the President.

I wish you and your family a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

December 24, 2012 at 6:41 pm
    December 24, 2012 at 6:46 pm
      December 24, 2012 at 8:12 pm

I think Kenneth meant GUN law reform:) Christmas cheer must be kicking in early:) Nice job though…hope the fundraise the heck out of this!

24. 96 criquet
    December 24, 2012 at 6:48 pm

Merry Christmas to all TODers and families and I hope the new year brings happiness and health especially.

25. 97 yardarm756
    December 24, 2012 at 6:49 pm

Here’s some humor for all when you get some down time(smh). http://nymag.com/news/features/republican-caribbean-cruise-2012-12/

• 98 carolyn
      December 24, 2012 at 7:21 pm

I read the entire article….and it substantiates all of my stereotypes of rich, white Republicans! The part I found most intriguing was that in 2008 their cruise was pretty boisterous and happy, because they thought either President Obama would totally fail, or the people would totallyr reject President Obama. Neither one happened, and they are seeing their “Reagan rebolution” deratified in a large degree. They truly don’t get it, and don’t want it. As one commenter said, “many of these people will die off before 2016.”
      Thanks for the link, it was fun reading. Great to gloat!!

• 99 yardarm756
        December 24, 2012 at 7:40 pm

The sad part is that those people don’t think minorities/exotics have any other life but to serve their sorry asses!

• 100 carolyn
          December 24, 2012 at 8:16 pm

Oh yes….that certainly stood out too. And THEY are mad at Romney and his “messaging”…..they are messaging exactly what they are.

26. December 24, 2012 at 6:56 pm

To all ya’ll who are off for Christmas and posting about all the fun ya’ll gonna have with the fam, stop it dagnabit. Some of us have to work on Christmas…shoot.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS TOD.

photo/1

27. 107 Titti
    December 24, 2012 at 7:02 pm

Yah!!! Merry Christmas (it is D-day over here – midnight!) Chips, TOD fam and a my fellow lurkers. Hope you all have a blessed and peaceful time with your loved ones.

28. 109 meabloom
    December 24, 2012 at 7:07 pm

Merry Christmas Loves! And a Very Happy New Year!

29. December 24, 2012 at 7:16 pm

OMG! This is the first time in months and months I’ve been able to log in to wordpress and here on TOD. The gods must have known how much I wanted to say Merry Christmas! to all of you. Merry Christmas, TODville. Love you guys.

30. 116 susanne
    December 24, 2012 at 7:18 pm

if the obama kids put big surf on their christmas list, santa is delivering!

‘The National Weather Service says waves on north-facing shores will reach 14 to 20 feet by Christmas morning, and those on west-facing shores will reach 10 to 15 feet. ‘

31. December 24, 2012 at 7:19 pm

I love our FLOTUS. It’s her beauty and her happiness and her sweetness that get to all of us. She is a national treasure.

I’m rooting for you to have a great holiday, Chips!!

32. 122 taiping1
    December 24, 2012 at 7:35 pm

Merry Christmas, happy after Solstice, happy new year soon to come, and particular thanks, felicitations, and blessings to our magnificent Chips. And thanks to all the TOD community. Forward! We have faith in the future and our first family, The Bidens, and all our WH, OFA, and Cabinet staffers.
    Although I don’t like Politico I got a kick out of the stories about Gibbs bringing his Volt for POTUS to drive to cheer him up after the first debate. And the superstitions prior to the election including Plouffe & Axe wearing the ties they wore 4 years ago. I am struck, however, by the fact that all the horse race narratives never touch issues of policy, or how estranged the GOP ideology is from the young, LGBT, Latnos, women, middle class etc. The implication is that with a better candidate and machine the GOP would have won.

33. December 24, 2012 at 7:39 pm

So much to look at here; I could spend all of Christmas Eve just checking these out… Which probably would not be a bad idea.

Many thanks, Chips, for all you’ve brought us this year. I’m very grateful!

Gato

34. December 24, 2012 at 7:42 pm

Thinking of all the families who are ‘coming home’ throughout all the holidays that we celebrate through this season of gratitude, light and love it seemed that this really fun ‘welcome home’ would be a way to sharing greetings irrespective of culture or beliefs ….

T-mobile has produced some other really great ‘flash’ events that I’m sure you’d all enjoy – their all of YouTube.

Cheers!!!!

December 24, 2012 at 7:51 pm

I love all of these “flash” events, Bobfr! Cheers!

December 24, 2012 at 10:19 pm

This was fun though I strongly doubt I’d want to be welcomed back at the airport this way when returning from a trip! Not being photogenic I don’t like personal pictures, but I really, really like the singing and, or, dancing flash mobs that I’ve seen. TY Bfr!

December 24, 2012 at 7:48 pm

If anyone wants to speak to a Santa Tracker volunteer at NORAD (even if Mrs. Obama isn’t still there), like a little believer wanting to know when Santa will get to their house, you can call 1-877-HI-NORAD. (I tried out the number for my great grandson earlier, and didn’t expect a real live person to answer, and I said “We’ll have the baby call back,” like the baby could call back! I amused myself, and the tracker was sweet about it. The volunteer said there are loads of people answering the phones. I think they are telling kids Santa “can stop at your house whenever he wants,” but it’s usually between 9 p.m. and midnight, so little kids have to be in bed. Just sayin’.) Merry Christmas!

36. December 24, 2012 at 8:20 pm

Felicidades a todos mis amigos en TOD. Que disfruten el dia de Navidad con sus familias y queridos. Mucho amor, y mucha alegria.

(Bet y’all didn’t know I spoke Spanish. :-) )

December 24, 2012 at 8:24 pm

I thought you were Cuban!:) Of course we knew:) :)

• December 24, 2012 at 8:25 pm

What’s amazing is that I never took a Spanish class. I just learned how to read and write it at home. Wish French were that easy. :-(

December 24, 2012 at 8:30 pm

Osmosis works:) I often get upset and wonder why we never learned to speak Italian or Swedish at my house….both grandparents were fluent. They spoke them when they didn’t want the rest of us to know what they were saying:) I would have loved to have learned them…

December 24, 2012 at 8:25 pm

Forgot to ask…feeling all better now? That was no fun :(

• 137 0388jojothecat
      December 24, 2012 at 8:32 pm

FelizNavidad LL to you and Mrs. LL too….may you have a Merry Xmas and Happy New Year:

December 24, 2012 at 10:34 pm

Hola, LL. Feliz Navidad a Ud. y a su esposa! Prospero Ano y Felicidad tambien. ¿Esta Ud. bueno hoy?

(Bet you didn’t know my memory works sporadically in Spanish! Not. ;) I dredged this up from my brains in testament to my high school Spanish teacher. She isn’t around anymore so I’m not worried she’ll put red marks all over it.

37. 139 Anna
    December 24, 2012 at 8:27 pm

Everyone have a happy and safe holiday.

38. 142 zulu
    December 24, 2012 at 8:33 pm

Happy holidays to Chips and TOD family. I wanted to see the dark zero thirty on xmas day but is not showing here in San Francisco. I will probably see the hobbit.

39. 143 FormelyFRED
    December 24, 2012 at 8:35 pm

Hi Chips and my TOD family :grin:

recovering slowly but surely.I wanted to wish each and everyone of you a very Merry Christmas

have a very good evening and night and enjoy tomorrow with your loved ones
    until next time,
    Fred :grin:

40. 152 susanne
    December 24, 2012 at 8:35 pm

in memory of my mother, born may 3, 1917, died october 13, 2012
    and for all those loved ones, lost to us this year~

• 153 majiir
      December 24, 2012 at 8:56 pm

Thanks, susanne. Although they didn’t pass away this year, my mom, dad, and brother have been on my mind constantly. This time of year makes me remember all of the happy holidays we spent together in the past. What makes me feel good is knowing that they knew I loved them and that I got to spend lots of time with them.

• 154 0388jojothecat
      December 24, 2012 at 9:49 pm

Thank you Susanne for sharing your lovely tribute to your Mom here with us. Know your Mother is with you always in spirit, in your memories, and in your heart.

41. 156 pinkbunny92
    December 24, 2012 at 8:44 pm

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL THE WONDERFUL FOLKS HERE AT TOD!!!

It’s been wonderful spending time with my niece Sophie, and being able to hug her close, especially after the tragic events at Sandy Hook….

I feel truly blessed.

42. 162 99ts
    December 24, 2012 at 8:44 pm

My daughter is one of those who will be late for her own funeral – here it is 11.40am on Christmas morning and I am talking to you lovely people at TOD wondering if we will get our Christmas lunch before 3pm. The rest of the party (uncle & cousins) due about now & daughter was coming early to make the green salad – sigh – I just have to hold my tongue – after all – tis Christmas. Meanwhile the father involved in this family is photographing the Christmas tree from 27 angles with his self bought Christmas present – tells me a new grandchild needs a new camera.

• 163 majiir
      December 24, 2012 at 8:52 pm

I know how you’re feeling, 99ts. I’ve been waiting all day for my daughter and her fiance to arrive from out of state, only to get a call from her a few minutes ago saying it will be some time later tonight! Grrrrr. I thought they were already on their way.

December 24, 2012 at 8:52 pm

:) We make allowances for family!

• 165 Rain
      December 24, 2012 at 9:02 pm

I smiled at this, because I know tomorrow will be that way here a good bit, with my daughter and her fiance showing up late, and her being grumpy when things don’t go exactly as they should in her mind. My parents will bicker, because that’s what they do, and so on. But I wil tune it all out because for me it’s about the little kids and the excitement and joy they feel and that’s where I try to focus my attention.

• 166 0388jojothecat
      December 24, 2012 at 9:05 pm

What is it?…..is there something in the air? My mother has been in a funky mood for the last few days. I spend ALL my time taking her somewhere every weekend and sometimes during the week. We are spending Xmas at my place so yesterday I spent most of the day cleaning downstairs. Last night she calls me at 4PM she needs oysters for the dressing. I drive all over town and find the oysters. This morning I have been calling all day so I drive to her place to check on her. She’s been cooking but never picked up the phone to call me once the whole day. She gets an attitude when I leave because I spent the whole day yesterday cleaning and didn’t answer the phone when I was cleaning, although I called her back and drove all over town for her. I was so tempted to tell her I’d rather spend Xmas day alone. I’ve done it in the past and can do it again.

Allowances for family is right……

• 167 HZ
        December 24, 2012 at 10:11 pm

JoJO, why not try some music. Do you think that might help a little. I tend to listen to the background music and it helps set the mood throughout the house. I hope you will have a wonderful time. Love you, HZ

43. 168 sabreen60
    December 24, 2012 at 8:50 pm

Merry Christmas Everyone!

This one is for our troops and others who won’t be home for the holidays.

Johnny Mathis – I’ll Be Home for Christmas

December 24, 2012 at 8:55 pm

Classic.

45. 172 LDS
    December 24, 2012 at 8:55 pm

Dear Chips and TODville,
    Merry Christmas to all!
    This is the most grateful, thankful, humbling Christmas in a long, long while. This year year was like a whirlwind and we were ushered through it all with grace. And for that I am so thankful. Did not do a lot of shopping nor did I send a lot of cards out. No guilt. No excuses.
    My gift to my family and friends this year was to do whatever necessary to help get this wonderful family back in the WH where they belong. Unconditionally, with no expectations, no whining when things get tough.
    It is an honor and privilege to share this love with everyone here.

• 173 jackiegrumbacher
      December 24, 2012 at 10:48 pm

LDS, a great gift that we all helped to give our families—the chance for a better future. Have a great holiday and love to you, too.

December 24, 2012 at 9:00 pm

via bj.

I really don’t know whether the writer is trolling us all. A riotous read, whether the story is true or false.

47. December 24, 2012 at 9:07 pm
    December 24, 2012 at 9:11 pm

I’m watching the Mormon Tabernacle choir on PBS and I wonder whether Willard and Miss Ann are tuned in. Actually I don’t care whether or not they are. LMAO!

• 187 utaustinliberal
      December 24, 2012 at 10:50 pm

Someone who follows me on twitter told me she was walking into the theater in Del Mar, CA to watch a movie and BAM! she turns around and sees Mitt and Ann Romney there. She’s an Obama supporter and after her shock, she cracked up because she was glad that guy wasn’t going to be running the country for 4 more years.

49. 188 Rain
    December 24, 2012 at 9:14 pm

Thank you so much, to everyone who has posted all the lovely Christmas music in the past few days. It really helped to get me into the spirit after a hectic December and the cloud of sadness from Sandy Hook and all the other senseless acts of violence this month. I was already a bit down from some day to day struggles, and so finding this amazing place has been a real and true blessing to me! Thank you Chips for creating this safe haven for us and thank you to everyone who has welcomed me so kindly. Wishing you all a blessed Christmas and brighter days ahead. :)

50. 189 Claire
    December 24, 2012 at 9:20 pm

Merry Christmas and a happy holiday season to all!

51. 190 anniebella
    December 24, 2012 at 9:23 pm

I love the picture of FLOTUS, and POTUS.

52. 194 WilTal
    December 24, 2012 at 9:46 pm

Lurker in to wish Chips and the TOD Family a Very Merry Christmas! Let the spirit of love fill our hearts and homes. In this loveliest of seasons may you find many reasons for happiness. Thank you for all that you provide here every day!

December 24, 2012 at 11:16 pm

Hi Dudette, your entry reminded me of this, shared here not too long ago…

Glad to see you’ve gone over the hump at work and now have more time to play with us. The merriest of holiday wishes to you and all the members of your family!

53. December 24, 2012 at 9:54 pm

2012 Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale!!!! Oh, where are my manners? Merry Christmas my TOD Friends!!!

54. 201 yardarm756
    December 24, 2012 at 10:10 pm
    • 202 dudette9t9
      December 24, 2012 at 10:12 pm

‘Tis Tweet Perfection!

• 204 HZ
      December 24, 2012 at 10:27 pm

Merry Christmas to you Yardarm756. You make this beautiful haven such a joyful place to be. Thank you so much. May your New Year be a lovely one as well.

I love the conversations between you and Chips. You both have lifted my spirit in such a beautiful way, and I thank you.

The laughter has given me much to think about, much to be so grateful for, and medicine to my soul.

Thanks our beautiful and brilliant Chipsticks, and Lovely Merry Christmas to you and yours. I love and appreciate you so very much, Chipsticks.

Merry Christmas my TOD Family and our beautiful First Family.HZ

December 24, 2012 at 10:17 pm
  56. December 24, 2012 at 10:18 pm
    • 216 0388jojothecat
      December 24, 2012 at 11:13 pm

Agreed Chips……..The folks who stood in long lines in FL, WI, MI, PA and OH whose Republican Gov’s and Legislators did everything to prevent them from voting. Kudos goes to the Judges and others who stuck down the legislation or who refused to enforce them.

December 24, 2012 at 11:17 pm

I wish I could say thank you to each and everyone of those folks. The Republicans thought they were going to steal this election, but we prove them wrong. And I’m dam glad we did.

57. 218 yardarm756
    December 24, 2012 at 10:21 pm

Subject: Holiday Party

With the Holidays upon us I would like to share a personal experience with my friends about drinking and driving.
    As you may know some of us have been known to have brushes with the authorities from time to time on the way home after a “social session” out with friends.
    Well two days ago I was out for an evening with friends and had several cocktails followed by some rather nice red wine.

Feeling jolly I still had the sense to know that I may be slightly over the limit. That’s when I did something that I’ve never done before – I took a cab home.
    Sure enough on the way home there was a police road block but since it was a cab they waved it past.
    I arrived home safely without incident.
    This was a real surprise as I had never driven a cab before, I don’t know where I got it and now that it’s in my garage I don’t know what to do with it.

Merry Christmas!

58. December 24, 2012 at 10:27 pm

Merry Christmas Everyone :)

• 230 isonprize
      December 24, 2012 at 11:28 pm

I’ve been right there!! If you ever want an amazing experience, you simply MUST visit the White House at Christmas!! It’s the best.

The detail is RIDICULOUS!@!@!@!@! and the results are simply stunning. NO OTHER WORDS!!

59. December 24, 2012 at 10:43 pm
  60. December 24, 2012 at 10:48 pm

The 1st family is hands on . True people lovers

61. December 24, 2012 at 10:54 pm
  62. December 24, 2012 at 11:01 pm
  63. 247 lamh36
    December 24, 2012 at 11:08 pm

I guess the main reason why I love It’s A Wonderful Life is because I truly believe that we are all here for a purpose & even a small gesture of kindness that we might consider inconsequential, could make a substantial difference in someone else life. I know I know, I’m a sap! Anyway, MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY HOLIDAYS.

Good night guys, I gotsa work tmrw :-(

“Remember, NO man is a failure who has FRIENDS”

64. 248 dudette9t9
    December 24, 2012 at 11:14 pm

Thank you Chips! :-D

65. December 24, 2012 at 11:14 pm

Cracked me up (from GOPolitico):

ANTHONY: Can you come visit me in Texas?

MRS. OBAMA: Yeah, [Santa's] heading your way. He’s heading your way. But you know what, Santa doesn’t come until you’re fast asleep. You do know that, right?

ANTHONY: Yeah, I was talking about you trying to visit me.

ANTHONY: Will you come to my house?

ANTHONY: How about my school?

MRS. OBAMA: Your school — maybe your school. What school do you go to?

ANTHONY: (Inaudible).

MRS. OBAMA: All right, well, I’m going to tell my assistant right now. What part of Texas are you from?

ANTHONY: Fort Worth.

MRS. OBAMA: You’re at Fort Worth? I was in Fort Worth last year. So maybe we can come back. But until then, I want you to have a merry Christmas, okay Anthony?

ANTHONY: Okay.

MRS. OBAMA: All right, you give your family my best — what did you say, babe?

ANTHONY: Can I talk to your husband?

ANTHONY: Okay.

MRS. OBAMA: All right. You keep being a good kid. Work hard in school, okay?

ANTHONY: Okay. Tell your daughters I said Merry Christmas.

ANTHONY: Okay. Thank you…

66. December 24, 2012 at 11:16 pm

A very Merry Christmas to the President and his Family, Chips and MY TOD family.

Because work got in the way, I am not here as often as I use to… (but I think of you all each day).

Hope you have a great holiday.

67. 252 dudette9t9
    December 24, 2012 at 11:25 pm

68. December 24, 2012 at 11:27 pm

Love is the answer, as our dear President knows and has demonstrated on an unprecedented scale for any leader in my lifetime other than Nelson Mandela.

So, here’s a little special love from our hometown.

Yes We Can

69. December 24, 2012 at 11:31 pm

Affleck will not run for Senate

Kyle Balluck – 12/24/12 08:55 PM ET
    “I love Massachusetts and our political process, but I am not running for office,” Affleck wrote on his Facebook page.…

He is not running, but will he get picked?

70. 264 yardarm756
    December 24, 2012 at 11:39 pm
  71. 265 idon
    December 24, 2012 at 11:39 pm

That’s got to be the funniest conversation I’ve ever read. The little one asked if he could speak to the First Lady’s husband. And he wants FLOTUS TO come to his house and his school. Children are so REAL.

72. 267 vitaminlover
    December 24, 2012 at 11:49 pm

Merry, merry Christmas to all of my wonderful TOD’ers!

73. 268 mtmarilyn
    December 25, 2012 at 12:19 am

We just got back from Christmas Eve Dinner with a dear friend who is going thru a hard devorice. We had a great time. Just after we get home our sons both call to see how dinner went . They are both at their in laws and it was wonderful to have them check on us. They are coming over for breakfast and gift exchange then they go back to their in laws. I am loving our quiet Christmas. I am on with my TOD family and my husband is watching Miracle on 34th Street for the 100th time. We love this movie.

Thank you to all you wonderful people who have posted these great video’s. I am listening to all of them and then it is off to bed.

Merry Christmas everyone!