Jan

A Good Sport (January 2013 edition)

Rodeo:

Communistic-free-stuff-giving:

Please-proceeding:

Gallup-ing:

Woman-hating:

Winning:

Just saying-ing:

251 Responses to “A Good Sport (January 2013 edition)”

1. 1 carolmaewy
    January 12, 2013 at 4:09 pm

Game time!

2. 6 carolmaewy
    January 12, 2013 at 4:12 pm

Wow, love all the photos. Hello Chips, TOD, and everyone. I’m blizzard was a wuss. But it did get cold. Hope all are well. We’re suffering from coughs. And they’re not diplomatic coughs!

3. 7 carolmaewy
    January 12, 2013 at 4:12 pm

Oh, I love the cowboy hat.

4. January 12, 2013 at 4:15 pm

Congrats carol, what a scroll Chipsticks!

5. 12 carolmaewy
    January 12, 2013 at 4:15 pm

Guess I’m not missing anything!

6. 13 jackiegrumbacher
    January 12, 2013 at 4:17 pm

Beautiful, Chips. Thank you. Loved every single one.

7. January 12, 2013 at 4:17 pm

One of your best! WOOT!!!!! WOOT!!!!!! Thank you, sistah!

8. 15 carolyn
    January 12, 2013 at 4:17 pm

These pictures are great, and the captions delightfully creative. Thanks for the memories……again.

9. January 12, 2013 at 4:19 pm

Think spider-man is still my favorite, maybe b/c its newer. Hard to choose. All great. And in place. No annoying slideshow!

10. January 12, 2013 at 4:20 pm

Oh, I’m so smiling! GREAT run down Chips! Love the “rodent taming”

11. 32 relellit
    January 12, 2013 at 4:20 pm

good afternoon carolmaewy and congratulations on 1st

The picture of the man in that cowboy hat has always, always been one of favs.

12. 33 LaDLove
    January 12, 2013 at 4:22 pm

Chips, this post is ABSOLUTE Genius. You have no idea how this lifted my spirits. THANKS for a wonderful start to 2013.

13. 34 anniebella
    January 12, 2013 at 4:27 pm

I saw that Paul Ryan, then I said to myself why is that weasel picture here, then I saw rodent taming, okay that game me a laugh.

14. 36 GGail
    January 12, 2013 at 4:31 pm

Just sayin’ as a “leftie” myself, I had a hard time picking… :-)

15. 37 idon
    January 12, 2013 at 4:32 pm

OMG!!!! I love the photos. Some had me howling out loud. The little with her eyes covered under Lincoln is one of my all time favorite pics. I so wish we will one day get to hear from that little to learn what she remembers thinking and feeling in that moment. That picture belongs in the SMITHSONIAN. I think it is so extraordinary. And I am madly in love with the picture of PBO and FLOTUS in which FLOTUS makes PBO smile and laugh really hard. In that picture, FLOTUS looks like she’s out on a date with her beau and knows just what to say to light his heart and his face. Truly I am in love with that pic.

16. January 12, 2013 at 4:38 pm

Chipsticks, I think my “posts” came across the wrong way. I was not complaining I was thrilled. When referring “to no slideshow”, I was referring to other websites when they have slideshows, you always get a pop-up. Your post was so convenient and wonderfully put together. I apologize, and did not know they were being seen as complaining. Hope you take that into consideration, did not mean to come across as anything but appreciative, in any way, in all cases.

• January 12, 2013 at 4:40 pm

No worries Loveyplains, I took all your recent complaints as ones directed at this blog, so I wasn’t quite sure why you were still tuning in! A misunderstanding – peace!

• 45 Dudette
        January 12, 2013 at 6:10 pm

Somebody needs a massage or a staycation! A well-deserved one though. I knew exactly what she meant right away.
        Take some deep cleansing breaths, honey! Woooooosaaaaaaaa…. Woooooosaaaaaa! :-)

17. January 12, 2013 at 4:43 pm

I can’t stop laughing!!!!

18. January 12, 2013 at 4:44 pm

I know that having this site has upped my POTUS photo viewing average by about 1000%, but is there any other POTUS with so many pictures of him interacting in a casual way with the U.S. citizenry? I was particularly struck by him accepting what looks like a little sugar doughnut over the fence from a little boy. All of the pictures with him in restaurants, stores, etc., chatting with people. I know some of those were campaign events, but even in his non-campaigning time there are so many.

19. 50 cookemom
    January 12, 2013 at 4:48 pm

Well alrighty then. I had to run a quick errand and I get back to find PBO waiting for me at his finest. Thanks Chips, you sure know how to warm a girl up after coming in from the cold outdoors. Oh my…..

20. 52 Debra Novograd
    January 12, 2013 at 4:52 pm

I’m going to consider this my birthday present (1/13) Chipster. One of my favorite pictorials ever of our amazing PBO. Thank you for putting this together!

21. January 12, 2013 at 4:55 pm

“Please proceed-ing” LOL!!!! This post is fantastic.Needed a really good laugh today. Thanks, Chips!

22. 56 99ts
    January 12, 2013 at 4:59 pm

GM from my world – what an amazing wake up collection of dreamy pictures

23. January 12, 2013 at 5:01 pm

“Please-proceeding” has me in complete stitches!!!! Romney is such a sad sack!

24. 62 Rain
    January 12, 2013 at 5:01 pm

Ah, just the thing Chips! A bit of excellent photo therapy to lift my spirits after a tough day. I tried to pick a favorite but there’s just no way. They’re all perfectly wonderful. There were even a few I’d not seen before, like the behind-the-back pool table shot. Thanks! :)

25. 63 Roberta in MN
    January 12, 2013 at 5:06 pm

Chips, these photos are the greatest. Do you remember the little blond girl sitting on POTUS’S desk and she is holding out her skirt to show him how pretty it was. That was one of my favorite photos, also. He sure can take some really good pictures and accessible to the public. LOVE that man, wife and girls WOOOOT!!

January 12, 2013 at 5:07 pm

Oh my…what a treat! A feast for my eyes and soul. Thank you Chips :)

27. January 12, 2013 at 5:08 pm

For Scandal fans!!

• 66 utaustinliberal
      January 12, 2013 at 5:27 pm

I love that she’s making sure to let Americans know about how they can contribute during inauguration weekend.

The “Pope” poster is kick ass.

28. 67 dotster3
    January 12, 2013 at 5:10 pm

A beautiful lineup—–love every one! Love the captions too, like “Please proceeding”. :)
    Just saw the movie Silver Linings Playbook—-loved, loved, loved that movie—-cute and substantive and relatable—–no violence!—–all acting tops—-Bradley Cooper delicious and “Bob” DeNiro perfect as the obsessed Philly Eagles fan/dad. Family/love story/football/dancing—-perfect.
    And then I got home to find 2 invitations to the inauguration—–they must really want me there! :) Wish I could go but will be glued to my teevee watching every single moment instead.
    And then I find this impressive photo spread of my most beautiful, inside and out, president—–a feast for the eyes and soul.
    A good day!

• 68 Alycee (@jazziz2)
      January 12, 2013 at 5:44 pm

Looking forward to seeing the movie. Lots of local excitement about the film. Various location shots were filmed 1 to 5 miles from my home.

January 12, 2013 at 5:13 pm

Folks get your cellphones I wanna know: Should Yardarm bring out the naughty mats NOW? Text ‘A’ for yes, ‘B’ for no. We’ll bring you the results later in the show.

30. 75 GGail
    January 12, 2013 at 5:15 pm

I’ve seen POTUS several times at different events here in LA, but if I were ever to be that close as those supporters in the “just-sayin” pic, I think I would forget how to breathe – OH MY!

FLOTUS & POTUS are the dynamic duo :D

January 12, 2013 at 5:17 pm

That pic of PBO in the driver’s seat with one hand on the steering wheel is seriously mmmm.

The nuns in the convent would go nutz after seeing it.

32. 77 nospin
    January 12, 2013 at 5:23 pm

I love the pics Chips.

My favorites
    Rodent Taming
    Left leaning
    Baby Whispering and
    Just Saying. Love it.

January 12, 2013 at 5:24 pm

Interesting article.

What does a president have to do these days to get his face carved into a mountainside?
    My colleague and old friend Ron Fournier contends that President Obama needs to tame gun violence, climate change, and the $16 trillion national debt to achieve immortality, and “pity his legacy” if he fails. In the spirit of the Web, and Joan Rivers, can we talk?

The top item has got to be the Affordable Care Act. Love it or hate it, America next year will have a health care system that aims for universal insurance coverage and that sets up—some would say inflicts—the architecture to make that a reality. Obama has thus achieved what presidents have been trying to do on and off since Teddy Roosevelt broached the issue in 1912, and what the other wealthy nations of the world already do. That’s transformational, from the standpoint of both citizens facing illness and a nation setting its priorities.

The second potentially immortalizing item in my book is ending the military’s “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy for gay troops, with support from most military leaders and poignant advocacy from at least one. It was a symbolic, highly visible step that appears to have ushered in a new era of gay-rights progress.
    Transformational possibility No. 3 has to do with economic survival, of individuals and a nation. Historians may determine that Obama prevented his country from spiraling into a full-scale Great Depression II. If that’s the case, his much-disparaged stimulus package—with its grab bag of state and local aid, highway projects, education grants, and green-energy subsidies—will be seen as pivotal to his presidency. So will the Wall Street bailout and the steps his administration took to ensure the health of banks. And so will the auto bailout, which preserved an iconic U.S. industry and ultimately might also be viewed, along with various aspects of the stimulus, as having rescued and rejuvenated American manufacturing.

• 79 HZ
      January 12, 2013 at 5:52 pm

Chips, this is BEAUTIFUL. Thank you so much for lifting my spirit today. I love being in this wonderful space and so blessed to be living during this great presidency. Four more coming with more elegance to behold.HZ

• 80 theo67
      January 12, 2013 at 5:57 pm

The President has already done enough for his legacy. Everything else will be just gravy – and so fun to watch!

• 81 susanne
      January 12, 2013 at 7:12 pm

like it!!! :)

• 82 amk for obama
      January 12, 2013 at 7:59 pm

What about ending the wars in iraq and afgahnisthan? I would rate them at no. 2 after ACA.

34. 83 nospin
    January 12, 2013 at 5:27 pm

oh and Congratulations for becoming a permanent resident (.. . . .well your video) of the Obama Moneygall Ancestral Home Museum in Ireland.

your videos were the greatest. I remember those times as if it were yesterday. I still feel as if I had the front row seat to PO’s visit there. Well deserved.

35. January 12, 2013 at 5:30 pm

LOVE the pics, and the captions are ROFL hilarious.

I don’t comment on every thread, but I try to scroll through comments on all of Chip’s delightful posts.

Was ecstatic to see that Chips’ video has a home in President Obama’s ancestral home. Love that video, and started crying at the “Welcome Home” sign midway through.

Well-deserved congrats, Chips!

Here’s a couple of recent tweets from Cousin Henry:

Dec 10:
    First Lady Michelle Obama has said she will bring Sasha & Malia to Moneygall “this term, for certain”

Jan 8:
    Gotta get the Tux cleaned!! #inauguration #ball

36. 91 Proud Former White House Intern
    January 12, 2013 at 5:41 pm

I love this, I really needed this. Thank you so much for these photos!

37. January 12, 2013 at 5:47 pm

Chips, thinking the men in the TOD family might like a similar post of FLOTUS!…and of course we wimmin can all goo and gaw over her fashionable attire.

38. January 12, 2013 at 5:48 pm

Chips, it’s such a delight when you post one of your great PBO ‘photo threads’!!! Thank you

In summation …

#FORWARD

39. 97 lmrj
    January 12, 2013 at 5:56 pm

BEST PICTORIAL WITH CAPTIONS YET!!! LOTS of laughs! Thank you CHIPS!

40. 98 CEB
    January 12, 2013 at 5:56 pm

I keep staring and sighing over the photo of POTUS and FLOTUS at the wedding of Valerie Jarrett’s daughter. The way that they are cuddled up so naturally, her emotion as she watches the couple and the love and delight in his eyes as he watches her. It is so uplifting to see a man, especially a powerful one, who adores his wife so much. They look so beautiful together.

• 99 Pamela
      January 12, 2013 at 8:28 pm

Indeed, CEB, you often give voice to my thoughts! This photo has kept me from scrolling on for many minutes at a time, each time I see it posted. Not much I can add to your insight, but it shows the seamless bond which exists between them, which thrives and sustains them, and us! God bless them so much, so much, for the work they have undertaken on behalf of us and this world. We love them so, do we not? :)

41. 100 theo67
    January 12, 2013 at 5:59 pm

I love this 2013 edition of the sportsman even better than the 2012 edition – it just keeps getting better and better! Thanks Chips!

42. 101 carolmaewy
    January 12, 2013 at 6:01 pm

I don’t think the First Lady or President take a bad photo. Neither do the First daughters. Bursting with pride.

43. January 12, 2013 at 6:03 pm

WOW! Great photo collection Chips! Excellent theme, excellent captions! You are the best curator of the Obama story., bar none!

44. 103 dotster3
    January 12, 2013 at 6:10 pm

Another movie tip—my daughter said they saw “Beasts of the Southern Wild” last night on On Demand—–I didn’t realize it was available there——-she raved about this movie too, has the adorable little girl who is the youngest ever nominated for Best Actress Oscar. Looking forward to seeing it too sometime this weekend.

45. January 12, 2013 at 6:13 pm

Chips, nice stroll down memory lane with this special “Good Sport'” edition. While several of these are among my favorites, the one I like most for now is the one I haven’t seen before: “Ball-holding-in-America-hating-leftist-hand.” I love his intense concentration before going long and deep. ;)

46. January 12, 2013 at 6:27 pm
  47. January 12, 2013 at 6:33 pm
  48. 118 LDS
    January 12, 2013 at 6:41 pm

Own is correct….YOU OWN TWEETER!
    Nobody does it better. You make it look so easy.taking serious notes, here.

49. January 12, 2013 at 6:44 pm

He does a pretty good job “herding teabaggers and gop-obstructionists”.

50. 120 carolmaewy
    January 12, 2013 at 6:47 pm

Just reporting we have nine partridges in our front yard. I do love my WILDLIFE in the prairies of WY! It’s because it’s too cold for the dogs and cats to be out. They usually come at night. My goal has been to create an official wildlife habitat. A little lazy to I’ll out the paperwork. Photo didn’t take good pic of partridge. Ok, back to more important things? ;)

51. January 12, 2013 at 6:51 pm

52. 122 carolmaewy
    January 12, 2013 at 6:53 pm

A second cousin did try to pic a fight with me over guns last night. Lives in Milwaukee. Had to step back. No reasoning with her. Sorry. I’m such a choppy writer.

53. 123 majiir
    January 12, 2013 at 6:57 pm

Thanks for this terrific smorgasbord of lovely photos, Chips. I like them all, but my favorite are those of PBO when he was a kid in Hawaii. He had no idea as he romped on the beach, played baseball, swam, and rode his tricycle that one day he’d wear the title of POTUS, and neither did his grandparents or mom. I’m so thankful that they embraced and nurtured that young boy so that he could bring joy to people around the world. I’ve been thinking recently about how GWB, Cheney, and others who served in the last administration aren’t looked upon favorably by those in other countries, but our PBO is. Foreign interest in our last two elections was phenomenal. Our foreign friends know what many Americans don’t–it matters who leads the U.S. government—a lot. As I watched the video of PBO in Ireland a few days ago, and how well he was received there, It brought joy to my heart, and I couldn’t avoid thinking that if the people of Ireland and other nations can accept and love our president, what is wrong with our very own citizens who don’t appreciate a good man, great leader, and wonderful husband and father? The answer dawned on me–they resent him because he is a living example of what an American should be. While they pose before cameras, lie, speak endlessly about “American exceptionalism” while promoting policies that destroy it, and engage in a series of power grabs, they’re forced to look at themselves in shame behind the scenes because, although they’ll never admit it, they know that PBO is the real deal–he”s the personification of what America is supposed to be. PBO doesn’t waste time talking about “American exceptionalism,” he uses his time to ensure that it is protected, expanded, and will benefit future generations of Americans and our neighbors around the world.

54. January 12, 2013 at 6:57 pm
  55. 131 0388jojothecat
    January 12, 2013 at 6:59 pm

Chipsticks….Great captions on all of the pictures…..the only one I’d change is “Squash” to “Crowd-Controlling”. What is meant by Squash?

56. 141 LDS
    January 12, 2013 at 7:00 pm

Carolmaewy, choppy writer, but #1 on this post.
    Congrats!

January 12, 2013 at 7:03 pm

2 thumbs up, Chips!! I love looking at these:) Everytime I see Paul Ryan…I think of Alfalfa http://bubaman.tripod.com/og/4.jpg

No offense to Alfalfa. Ryan belongs somewhere circa 1937…. Thank you, Chips!

58. January 12, 2013 at 7:16 pm

Totally off topic, but media seems to have blinders on when it comes to the “integrity” of the NRA leadership team of grifters:

“NRA President David Keene’s son did 10 years in prison for shooting at another driver in a road rage incident”

The article linked to in this tweet is really about the NRA President ex-wife being convicted of embezzlement last year.
    “The former administrative director at one of the nation’s most prominent conservative organizations – who is also the ex-wife of the president of the National Rifle Association – pleaded guilty Monday to embezzling hundreds of thousands of dollars from her employer.”

How many MSM articles have TODers read about this recently?

59. January 12, 2013 at 7:20 pm

Hey everyone! I know, I know, I KNOW I owe y’all some details from the WH tour. I’m COLLECTING MY THOUGHTS. It takes a dust-buster, a blotter and a lot of time for me to do that these days. Suffice it to say it was WAAAAY COOL. Like this WONDERFUL collection of pictures! “Don’t Blink Game”, “Bo Sprinting” and “Rodent Taming” are my favorites. I’m sorry by Eddie Munster Ryan looks like a penis coming out of a dress shirt. What a maggotey frat-rat lookin’ asshole he is. Ok, I’ll stop hurling insults……..’til next time. I missed you guys!!!

January 12, 2013 at 7:20 pm

Sorry. No platinum coin:)

61. January 12, 2013 at 7:21 pm

For Tally, if she stumbles upon this comment:

A film based on The Hobbit is coming out, and at one point the review in the New Yorker quotes directly from Tolkien’s book. When the dragon Smaug discovers that one cup has been removed from his vast golden hoard, how does he respond? He falls into
    “the sort of rage that is only seen when rich folk that have more than they can enjoy suddenly lose something that they have long had but never used or wanted.”

(entire post is worth reading)

January 12, 2013 at 7:22 pm

It’s out already:) Both my kiddos have seen it.

January 12, 2013 at 8:17 pm

Thanks – I read Andrew Sullivan’s post. Not sure I’ve heard the current period referred to before as the “Cold Civil War,” but what an apt – and horrible – description!

62. 155 vitaminlover
    January 12, 2013 at 7:29 pm

What can our Beloved Barack NOT do? (Except bowl and for all that we know he could have gotten good on that too!)

• 156 Nena20409
      January 12, 2013 at 8:31 pm

The POTUS can bowl now. The report is that he is pretty good now.

• 157 0388jojothecat
        January 12, 2013 at 9:15 pm

I sorta knew he would over come that once he was able to bowl in his temporary home. He had his daugthers who probably enjoyed it as much as he did.

63. January 12, 2013 at 7:32 pm

Yes We Know

January 12, 2013 at 7:36 pm

Heh, where is bin ladening?

rodent taming was teh best.

65. January 12, 2013 at 7:49 pm

Beautiful line up of pictures Chips. Love it. My favorite heading is ‘Please Proceeding’. :) :) Had me ROFL.

66. 163 Anna
    January 12, 2013 at 7:51 pm

Chips you out done yourself, I like each and every picture that says so much about PBO, who he is. My most favorite is thumb-wrestling.

67. 164 bjw2
    January 12, 2013 at 7:55 pm

LMAO …Chips you outdid yourself. My favorites are

Fly Swatting
    Rodent Taming
    Woman Hating
    Please Preceding
    and the Cherry on Top is Just Sayin!!!

68. January 12, 2013 at 8:05 pm

:D :D :D :D :D

Nearly forwarded to @davidaxelrod ;)

69. 175 Nena20409
    January 12, 2013 at 8:07 pm

Wow, wow, wow……………….Tongue Watering…….Brilliant, Chips. Just Deliciously well done. Brava!

January 12, 2013 at 8:09 pm

I think Yardarm is preparing a special elite-class Naughty Mat with your name engraved on it….

Me, I’m just getting the older, overused and worn out mats :)

• 177 Nena20409
        January 12, 2013 at 8:23 pm

HF2…..I wrote initially Tongue tightening…..to convey that I was speechless. Then I changed it to Watering. LOL.

Simply put, I was just overwhelm. Chips out did herself. Just fantastic.

70. 178 Nena20409
    January 12, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Fly Fiving. Oh yeah.

Just fantastic. Lovely.

Fist bumping you, Chips, from my neck of the woods. I am loving every Picture.

71. January 12, 2013 at 8:12 pm

I honestly hate naming names like this, but I feel I have to now:

A woman called Folasade has been trying to post the most bizarre and often repulsive comments on the blog for the past few months, often up to 10 a day. Most of them are of a completely weird sexual nature, including disgusting ones about her daughter and our late friend Sue – I’ll spare you the others, they really are vile.

I emailed her a few days ago to ask her to stop, which was stupid of me, I should have carried on ignoring her – she now tries to post comments even more than before, the latest: “I think there will be some shooting … I just want to let you know.”

I don’t take it as a threat, just more weird ramblings. But still.

I’m telling you about her because she says she wants to meet up with you all at the Inauguration – so please, if she is somehow able to contact any of you, be on guard. I’ve already told Donna about her.

I think she probably needs help, but I’m struggling to feel sympathy for her, to be honest, after what she posted about Sue.

Be alert, everyone.

Thanks.

• January 12, 2013 at 8:17 pm

Well, Chips, until you got to the “I think there will be some shooting …” part I would not have commented.

However, that type of comment earns a report to the FBI, at a minimum, imho.

Under no circumstance should this person be allowed any info as to the location of TOD folk gathering in DC – obviously.

Take care.

• January 12, 2013 at 8:27 pm

Thanks Bob, that part of her comment was a little startling, but she has no idea who I am or where I live, so I’ll just take it as more weirdness on her part. My main concern here is that she doesn’t somehow get information on the TOD Inauguration meet-up, although I suspect she’ll be nowhere near DC on the day. But I just wanted everyone to know, in case she tries to get in touch. I honestly can’t begin to describe how revolting her comments have been, I just hope she can get help soon.

• January 12, 2013 at 8:50 pm

Having been in positions of authority and having to deal with this sort of thing, I always recommend to go with your intuition about danger. That is to say, not to make excuses for the person’s mental state, but to hear their threats clearly and loudly. Leave the evaluation up to other professionals. Be safe.

• January 12, 2013 at 9:01 pm

Thanks a million Meta. I honestly have no personal safety fears because I’m so far away from her, but unless there’s someone else by her name in her home state, she has a conviction for ‘assault with intent to commit a crime’. If it is her, I know nothing about the circumstances, there may well be another side to the story, and there by the grace of God go all of us – but I just want everyone to be alert in case she tries to make contact, as she said she would.

• 187 nathkatun7
        January 12, 2013 at 10:14 pm

I totally agree with you Bob! Any one talking about shooting should not be any where near TOD folks, or any folks for that matter!

• 188 sherijr
      January 12, 2013 at 8:33 pm

aww Chips, I’m sad you even have to read that sort of thing… ((((((((Chips)))))) hugs to you for dealing with it all on our behalf.

• January 12, 2013 at 8:58 pm

Sounds like a pervert and should be avoided at all costs.

• 193 Nena20409
        January 12, 2013 at 9:04 pm

That is just awful. There really needs to be a way to stop creeps like Him/Her.

Folasade…..with Sade (the singer, Sade) at the end sounds like a female or some fatuously bat poop using a made up name to disguise himself.

Hugs and warm thoughts to you, Chips.

72. 194 Walking_on_ Sunshine
    January 12, 2013 at 8:20 pm

I love this stream of pics.

Favorite pics:
    Really-big-fish catching
    Snow-ploughing

Funniest:
    Rodent-taming

Most satisfying:
    Chess

January 12, 2013 at 8:24 pm

When a man says “Hi” to every woman he comes across in a shopping mall, the rate of response is one percent.

When a woman says “Hi’ to every man she comes across in the same mall, the rate of response is hundred percent.

Ergo, men are polite human beings.

• 196 Nena20409
      January 12, 2013 at 8:28 pm

Hmmmm, Amk? Like Brent Musbuger(sp) at 73, going bat poop of a pretty young thing? Hmmmm? Yep, men are “polite” whatever you called it. LOL.

74. January 12, 2013 at 8:24 pm

Double entendre and all that ….

January 12, 2013 at 8:59 pm

AMEN!

• 199 majiir
      January 12, 2013 at 10:47 pm

Because of the “fear” of undocumented immigrants for some unknown reasons, it’s more difficult to get a driver’s license in GA than it is to get a gun permit, Bobfr. I had my license renewed on my birthday last month, and after possessing a license for over 50 years, I had to show my birth certificate (again,) proof of residence in the form of two utility bills, and my Social Security Card! Outrageous, but our republican-dominated state legislature has gone off the rails with the crazy. A couple months ago, our House Speaker hosted a fake conspiracy-filled “conference” on Agenda 21! One of the first bills that will be introduced into the next legislative session is one to make buying a gun easier.

• 200 carolmaewy
        January 13, 2013 at 12:24 am

In Wy, we have to show our marriage certificate if our name changed. And I need nothing o buy a gun that I know of.

75. January 12, 2013 at 8:27 pm

Yep …

76. 202 andogriff
    January 12, 2013 at 8:32 pm

Ms Chips! Thank you so much for this wonderful, uplifting, incredible, beautiful keeper of a post! LOVE every photo, and the perfect captions!

Also, I agree completely with Bob, the person you mentioned above needs to be reported to the authorities, STAT!

• 203 susanne
      January 12, 2013 at 8:34 pm

yes, and yes!

• 204 andogriff
      January 12, 2013 at 8:36 pm

Very sorry you are having to deal with this kind of hateful weirdness, on top of all the others from whom you so kindly spare us from encountering!

• 205 susanne
        January 12, 2013 at 8:40 pm

you said it, again–i concur completely. not only does chips provide this wonderful forum, with all the news and pictures and stories and links, but she also screens out a lot of rubbish that would make this a very different place without that vigilance. thank you chips!!

January 12, 2013 at 8:42 pm

One sunny day a man decided to go jump from an airplane. When he jumped, there was good and bad news

Good news: He had a parachute.

Bad News: It didn’t work.

Good News: There was a haystack down below.

Bad news: There was a pitchfork in the haystack.

Good News: He missed the pitchfork.

Bad News: He missed the haystack

78. January 12, 2013 at 8:42 pm
  79. 210 susanne
    January 12, 2013 at 8:43 pm

from james fallows at the atlantic, two sentences that need to be included in every discussion of the debt ceiling:

‘ Here they are:

1) Raising the debt ceiling does not authorize one single penny in additional public spending.

2) For Congress to “decide whether” to raise the debt ceiling, for programs and tax rates it has already voted into law, makes exactly as much sense as it would for a family to “decide whether” to pay a credit-card bill for goods it has already bought.

That is all. ‘

• 211 nathkatun7
      January 12, 2013 at 10:42 pm

Great Observations! Thanks, Susanne, for sharing the article. I would add a 3rd sentence: The Constitution charges Congress with the sole responsibility of paying the public debt of the United States.

January 12, 2013 at 8:46 pm

One day, a diver was enjoying the aquatic world 20 feet below sea level. He noticed a guy at the same depth he was, with no scuba gear on whatsoever.

The diver went below another 10 feet, but the guy joined him a minute later. The diver went below 15 more feet, a minute later, the same guy joined him.

This confused the diver, so he took out a waterproof chalkboard, and wrote, “How the heck are you able to stay under this deep without equipment?”

The guy took the board and chalk, erased what the diver had written, and wrote, “I’m drowning, you moron!”

Gunnite folks

81. 213 susanne
    January 12, 2013 at 8:46 pm

chips taking care of business:

82. 214 LDS
    January 12, 2013 at 8:48 pm

Thank you Chips for the heads up.
    I was thinking about carrying a placard in the crowd. Now, I wii not. It may not be a ” she” at all.
    It could be a cowardly man ( no disrespect to the gentlemen here). I think the name is made up.
    So glad that I decided to log back on hoping “DeeJay Dudette” was at her post so that I could dance tonight.

Sorry that y ou have to spend your positive energy reading that vile and negative crap.

Thank you once again for protecting and caring for us.

• 215 susanne
      January 12, 2013 at 8:59 pm

until deejay dudette arrives, here’s a bit of dance music that responds to amk’s request for ‘binladin-ing’ combined with a new category, ‘victory dancing’. (sorry, no podium slapping).

January 12, 2013 at 8:53 pm

Ok, the last one.

A teacher, a thief and a lawyer all die in the same freak accident. So when they reach the pearly gates, St. Peter tells them that, unfortunately, heaven is overcrowded, so they each have to answer a question correctly for admission.

The teacher is first, and St. Peter asks, “Name the famous ship that was sunk by an iceberg?”
    “Phew, that one’s easy,” says the teacher, “The Titanic.” “ Alright,” said St.Peter, “you may pass.”

Then the thief got his question: “How many died on the Titanic?”
    The thief replied, “That’s a toughy, but fortunately I just saw the movie. The answer is 1500 people.” And so he passed through.

Last, St. Peter gave the lawyer his question: “Name them.”

84. 217 yardarm756
    January 12, 2013 at 8:55 pm

BALTIMORE WINS!

85. January 12, 2013 at 9:08 pm

Ooooooooh, the poor fella!

86. 244 Nena20409
    January 12, 2013 at 9:11 pm

The Betty White Pic at the Oval Office……that was a great one too. Then for Trekkies….the one with the lovely Ahuru(sp)? That was just Out of Space–ing or Voyaging?

87. 246 sabreen60
    January 12, 2013 at 9:23 pm

Just loved all the pictures Ms. Chips. Thank you for being you!

88. 248 globalcitizenlinda
    January 12, 2013 at 9:57 pm

great collection of photo and excellent captioning!

89. 249 ouapiti
    January 12, 2013 at 11:22 pm

Am late to this post but want to add my voice to the appreciation for all these fabulous photos. Thank you so much!

90. January 13, 2013 at 12:26 am

And I am *super* late but I want to add my thanks and appreciation! Wow!

91. 251 Catherine Weingart-Ryan
    January 14, 2013 at 9:41 am

These are so cute! LOVE him!