Jan

Rise and Shine

Today:

The First Family will join in the National Day of Service as part of the 57th Presidential Inauguration by participating in a community service project in the Washington, DC area.

C-Span will have live coverage from 10:0 am

6:0: First Lady Michelle Obama and Dr. Jill Biden will honor military families at the “Kids’ Inaugural: Our Children. Our Future” concert.

The entire concert will be streamed online at www.2013pic.org/live on Saturday evening.

To the people who made it all possible, the voters who stayed in line despite all the efforts to deny them their rights, thank you:

Morning everyone! Oooh, a late start, and a very teeny Rise and Shine, but will have more in a while. Everyone all set?

105 Responses to “Rise and Shine”

1. 1 cookemom
    January 19, 2013 at 9:30 am

Happy Inaugural Week-end to all my O’s!!!! It’s a wonderfully great getting up day again in TODdytown!!!

So Canter is saying they will lift the debt for 3 months and then if the Senate doesn’t pass a budget, they will freeze their salaries. So why did they bother, once again, to read the Constitution this year? That restriction can’t be done, not to mention that a CR is a budget, and PBO signed a budget in 2011.

• January 19, 2013 at 9:34 am

Morning cookemom! Congratulations on first! I am happy to be alive on the weekend of President Barack Hussein Obama’s second inaugurations and to savor the next four years of this great president!
      And cookemom, there you go again (as Reagan used to say) acting as if Cantor’s interested in the good of the country, rather than his political agenda! Silly you! I was going to say “applying rational arguments to irrational people”, but I know he’s not irrational. He just has a vastly different agenda.

• 3 jackiegrumbacher
      January 19, 2013 at 9:43 am

Cookemon Cantor is like an untrained dog who has had to submit , but want’s you to know how aggressive he really is. This is the little growl, the little display of sharp teeth. He got his marching orders from the big money guys about not wrecking the economy, but he’s showing the RWNJs how macho he really is. Yeah, I’ll “give” them their little debt ceiling, but look what I’m going to get from them.” Cantor fancies himself a big dog on the national stage, but he’s just a despicable little twerp.

2. 7 Betsy
    January 19, 2013 at 9:30 am

Good morning all

3. 8 Sweet peg
    January 19, 2013 at 9:31 am

Morning everyone, exciteddddddddddddd!!

January 19, 2013 at 9:32 am

C-SPAN One will air the First Family’s and the Second Family’s volunteer activities beginning at 10AM ET / 9AM CT.

5. January 19, 2013 at 9:36 am

Good morning amk, whenever and wherever you are. I thought I’d start your day off right…

6. 13 ranman11
    January 19, 2013 at 9:37 am

Good morning Chips and TOD family. Happy Inaugural weekend. Congrats cookemom on being first this lovely Saturday morning.

January 19, 2013 at 9:39 am

Morning }! Good Morning all TODobots! This will be the best Saturday of 2013, to date! ;) ;)

Have an Obama-tastic Service Day! I’m heading out shortly, and am not sure how long I’ll be gone, but I’ll definitly be thinking of you all! (I remembered to put my camera by the door, so I’ll at least have it with me.)

January 19, 2013 at 9:41 am

Cookemom, that first ‘Good Morning’ + hug was for you. I don’t know what happened to it in transit. Maybe someone else in cyberspace was in need of a hug at just that moment. Here’s another one for you {{CookeM}}

• 17 Pamela
      January 19, 2013 at 11:18 am

VC in DC! has a kind of ring to it, eh? ;)

8. January 19, 2013 at 9:44 am

LOL! Bill Maher said the Inauguration is known in John Boners House, as Black Monday.
    Its funny because it might be true!

• 19 Pamela
      January 19, 2013 at 11:19 am

Good. I hope he has a memorably crappy day, which will haunt him for the rest of his pathetic life. (ooh, that is mean….)

9. January 19, 2013 at 9:47 am
    January 19, 2013 at 9:48 am

Dear Desertflower,

‘Remember, throw yourself at someone with a microphone…’? It is so nice for you to have dreams, so I hope I’m not shattering yours too irrecoverably when I tell you I’m more the snark type than the throw-yourself-at type.

• January 19, 2013 at 9:50 am

It’s VC!!!!!!!!! Have you, you know, reached your destination??

January 19, 2013 at 10:05 am

Dear vc….whatever works for you, works for me:) Love, df

• 30 Pamela
      January 19, 2013 at 11:23 am

However, VC, you are aware that being in a jubilant crowd of a MILLION or more people CAN, as in MAY, have odd influences on one, that one does not and cannot anticipate! Mark my words, when that cameraperson is aiming at you, you WILL make the T sign, I just know it! (what does the T sign look like again?) :lol:

11. January 19, 2013 at 9:58 am

Key House conservatives back debt-limit plan, win budget concessions

Erik Wasson – 01/18/13 02:58 PM ET
    In exchange, conservatives have won assurances that the 2014 House budget will contain deeper spending cuts than the 2013 budget.…
    Unreal! All they want is no Government.

12. January 19, 2013 at 9:58 am

Good Morning,Everyone :)

Anyone going to the Inauguration….Have fun!

13. January 19, 2013 at 10:00 am

January 19, 2013 at 10:45 am

That made tears squirt out of my eyes, already, Chips! Thanks for remembering the voters who stood in line. They helped saved America for another four years, IMHO.

14. January 19, 2013 at 10:01 am

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Friday rejected the House GOP’s three-month plan to increase the debt ceiling.

A spokesman for Pelosi said that the bill coming to the floor next week, which would raise the debt ceiling with the condition that Congress will not get paid if the House and Senate fail to pass a budget, is a “gimmick.”

January 19, 2013 at 10:04 am

The National Day of Service Rally has begun. C-SPAN is showing different sections on TV and online. Here are the two links.

16. January 19, 2013 at 10:06 am

The Ruger SR-556, to be raffled on May 1.

By Brian MacQuarrie Globe Staff

The first of 31 prizes scheduled to be raffled by New Hampshire police chiefs in May has a retail value of $1,995. It also has folding iron sights, a collapsible stock, and weighs 7.4 pounds, according to the manufacturer’s website.

The winner, chosen from 1,000 entrants in the sold-out contest, will walk away with a military-style assault rifle that closely resembles the weapon used to massacre 20 first-graders and six adults in Newtown, Conn.

He is a Police Chief???

January 19, 2013 at 10:07 am

donna’s request to bring this over to Rise and Shine:)

Hey VC it’s gonna be 51 degrees in DC today. YIPPEE…Have I told you that I HATE cold weather?

I’m off for the National Day of Service. I’ll see you tomorrow VC.

Good Morning TOD, Have a wonderful day and an even better weekend. I’m going to ask a special favor of each of you and Ms. Chips forgive me if I’m overstepping my bounds.

I’ll be here doing what I can in support of President Obama and I promise to carry everyone of you that cannot make it to DC in spirit with me when I am out and about this weekend. I am extremely excited to be hosting the Meet-up on Sunday even though I got that highly coveted (at the last minute) invite to the OFA Legacy Conference for the same day as the meetup (Sunday). We TODers have plans to meet, eat, hug, chat and then there maybe a surprise guest (crossing my fingers), commemorative buttons are a plenty and I was hooked up with tickets to the Inauguration to give away so somebody is going to get a little better view of the Ceremony . Now although I wish I could magically be at both places at once I understand that that in life we sometimes have to sacrifice one great thing for another great thing. So with you all understanding that, here is the favor I’ll be asking of you….

For just Sunday and Monday while our President is taking his official oath and his public oath of office can we leave the negative commentary of those pesky pundits and cable shows at the door and not bring it here for just those two days? I don’t normally ask such a task and I’ve learned to accept that people have the right to vent, comment and discuss the good and the bad. Trust me that was a big step for me but this weekend is a celebration. It’s the reward of all the hard work that we put forth through that grueling campaign and we WON!!!. So to Hell with the pundits this weekend. Let them talk to the hand! Let’s just celebrate the moment and then on Tuesday we can go back to our regular scheduled program .

Have a great O’Weekend and Congrats to our great and wonderful President and Vice President.

p.s. Can someone repost this in the Rise and Shine for me and don’t forget to look for that “T” sign on TV by fellow TODer’s this weekend

Later!!!

• January 19, 2013 at 11:03 am

Be safe, DF, and lots of fun.

January 19, 2013 at 11:24 am

Oh! I’m at home unable to attend these wonderful events:) Donna is there to participate and meet up with TOD’ers that came to DC….I can only dream of being there:)

• 51 Pamela
      January 19, 2013 at 11:30 am

Count on me, DD4O! I will be thrilled if folks here can keep to this very honorable and realistic request.. Who knows, it may even travel into the future of TOD! That would be a grand grand grand manner in which to get all the critical work of this next century truly started. If all the media networks are giving ‘those people’ a voice, why should we? Have a splendid Inauguration Weekend!

18. 52 lisalovesobama
    January 19, 2013 at 10:10 am

Morning!
    Ps- is NPR for real? They are so dumb. As soon as another Repuke gets the presidency, they will be soooo gone. No matter how much they bend over backwards to not address The President of The United States as such or as “Mr.” Is it short-sighted for me to take pleasure in their eventual comeuppance?

• 53 Nena20409
      January 19, 2013 at 10:27 am

I read that yesterday and thought…..Really? Seriously?

If their policy was changed now fro what it once was…..why can’t that be seen as a bias against a Black pres? What ever happened to equal treatment? Right? When Righties complain…..the media of all stripe react and bend. When Lefties complain, We hear Both sides……..meme.

NRP has been embarrassing themselves lately. C-SPAN did the same thing…….changing their way of coverage. Both Clinton’s WH pressers and GW Bush’s by their pres secretaries were mostly carried LIVE…….Not with Gibbs or Carney under Pres Obama. And now, C-SPAN has 3 stations…..not 2. The made changes on the selection of their morning calls. Now it is 2 TBGOPers before a Dem caller.

January 19, 2013 at 10:12 am

Eva Longoria is on stage now.

20. January 19, 2013 at 10:13 am

G’morning Chips, TOD lurkers, everyone! Eva Longoria is now on CSPAN One TV at the national Day of Service summit.

21. 56 lisalovesobama
    January 19, 2013 at 10:14 am

I’m seeing Eva Longoria. What a beauty!

22. 57 dotster3
    January 19, 2013 at 10:15 am

Thought this was a mostly decent assessment from AP—-Obama’s legacy

23. 58 lisalovesobama
    January 19, 2013 at 10:16 am

Chelsea Clinton is a good combination of her dad and her mom.

24. 59 sonjiaduncan
    January 19, 2013 at 10:18 am

Good Morning TOD and to Early Bird Cookemom!

January 19, 2013 at 10:19 am

Beau Biden now!

26. 61 lisalovesobama
    January 19, 2013 at 10:19 am

Beau Biden!

27. 62 lisalovesobama
    January 19, 2013 at 10:20 am

Beau looks and sounds like his dad!! OMG, such a cutie!!

28. 66 anniebella
    January 19, 2013 at 10:21 am

Chelsa Clinton is speaking right now on C-Span,now Beau Biden is speaking.

January 19, 2013 at 10:28 am

Are we going to see any Republican politicians out there volunteering today, or they are to dam mad that Obama won. Gospel singer Yolanda is singing.

January 19, 2013 at 10:34 am

Or are they all to dog gone mad that Obama won. Gospel singer Yolanda Adams is, was singing till C-Span cut her off.

January 19, 2013 at 10:24 am

30. January 19, 2013 at 10:25 am

I hate recommending CNN live streaming over C-Span, but the quality of the picture is always way better for me:

January 19, 2013 at 10:26 am

But but but….

January 19, 2013 at 10:29 am

January 19, 2013 at 10:31 am

Yolanda Adams has a beautiful voice. I remember when she performed “A Change Is Gonna Come” at the white house and brought the house down.

34. 75 anniebella
    January 19, 2013 at 10:32 am

So the First Family will be there at 11:25am.

35. 76 GGAIL
    January 19, 2013 at 10:33 am

Fired up!

Good West Coast morning Chipsticks

36. January 19, 2013 at 10:35 am

All set! Good morning Ms Chips, good morning all! I’ve been so busy catching up on all the AMAZING threads from yesterday… so excited!

I will be watching CNN International over here, sitting with my laptop on the latest TOD disussion… THANK YOU Ms Chips, for the news, the articles, the photos, the videos, the livestream links…. off to shop for food for the next few days, love to you and everyone!

37. 78 yardarm756
    January 19, 2013 at 10:38 am

Good morning to you and a good one it is.

38. January 19, 2013 at 10:43 am

GOOD MORNING, Chips and TODville!! Here we are!!

Eddie at obamafoodorama has added more details to the weekend’s schedule:

January 19, 2013 at 10:50 am

40. 87 dotster3
    January 19, 2013 at 10:56 am

OK, which one of you has rented that $20,000/night suite with the 4 night minimum at the D.C. hotel? Someone did. CNN just aired a segment where they called all the city’s hotels to get their rates—–all ranged from $900-1700/night with a 3 night minimum. I think it’s a shame that they jack up the rates so much for this weekend, making it impossible for most people to reserve close accommodations.

January 19, 2013 at 12:06 pm

The song, yes, but the images in that video gave me chills, too. That was as good a tribute then as it is now. I’m starting to get that same feeling that I had in January ’09 – looks as though I’d better pace myself over the next few days!

41. January 19, 2013 at 10:58 am

I rise, I shine and I am grateful to Chips and the TOD family. What a wonderful start to a most historic three days. Congratulations, and thank you President Barack Obama!!

42. 92 lisalovesobama
    January 19, 2013 at 10:59 am

I just realized. This weekend must be painful for Willard and that freak he calls his wife Queen Ann. :mrgreen: Good. :)

January 19, 2013 at 11:12 am

Are we counting on seeing Paul Ryan and his family doing their day of service at some homeless shelter, where this time the Ryans will really wash some dirty dishes.

• 94 lisalovesobama
        January 19, 2013 at 11:15 am

I don’t think Ryan knows how to **really** do something as real as being of service. It’ll just be another photo op.

January 19, 2013 at 11:19 am

How about Mitt and Ann?

January 19, 2013 at 11:22 am

And the five grown boys of his, it would be a valuable lesson to teach those Romney grandkids.

• 97 lisalovesobama
            January 19, 2013 at 11:22 am

oh no, dahling. don’t you know the stress of being in this country at a time like this is much too much! no indeed, they are visiting their money at that lovely little chalet in Alps don’t you know!

43. January 19, 2013 at 11:02 am

The French now have 2500 Forces in Mali, as African Forces retake key town from Al Qaeda.

January 19, 2013 at 11:03 am

A bj piece sez that usa today kicked gallup to the curb. Must be wonderful news that gop shilling gallup ceo mofo

45. January 19, 2013 at 11:06 am

Good National Day of Service and Re-Inauguration Weekend Everyone.

OT: Why the hell is ALL the media focused on the “Te’O” hoax? Who Cares? There are so many more important stories out there that they are focus on this ONE guy’s person story. I hope he just keeps a low profile until the next shiny object catches their eye. Hopeless Media.

46. January 19, 2013 at 11:12 am