Feb

Rise and Shine

@LJMoveOn

Thank you Alycee, love this!

THIS WEEK (ABC):  Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV). Roundtable: Matthew Dowd; Univision anchor Jorge Ramos; Paul Krugman; Carly Fiorina; Rep. Lou Barletta (R-PA). Then, Michelle Rhee.

FACE THE NATION (CBS): NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. Plus, CBS Sports’ Jim Nantz, Phil Simms, Shannon Sharpe.

STATE OF THE UNION (CNN): Defense Secretary Leon Panetta, Joint Chiefs Chairman Martin Dempsey, Hines Ward and George Allen.

FOX NEWS SUNDAY: National Rifle Association’s Wayne LaPierre. Captain Mark Kelly, U.S. Navy (Ret.). Roundtable: Kevin Madden, Nina Easton, Laura Ingraham, Evan Bayh.

MEET THE PRESS (NBC):  Defense Secretary Leon Panetta, Joint Chiefs Chairman Martin Dempsey. Roundtable: Robert Gibbs; Ralph Reed; former National Hispanic Co-Chair for John McCain’s 2008 presidential campaign, Ana Navarro; David Brooks.  Also, Bob Costas.

No John McCain?!

Mooooooorning everyone, another busy-ish Sunday but I’ll be in out and out all day checking if Manchester United are still winning that poll. It’s looking good. :cool:

159 Responses to “Rise and Shine”

1. February 3, 2013 at 7:53 am

gooooood morning chips et al

2. February 3, 2013 at 7:55 am

nothing could get me to watch faux – not even mark kelly. if anyone else is so inclined, please describe his takedown of the despicable nra agenda-monger

3. 23 Bill
    February 3, 2013 at 7:59 am

I believe I heard McCain say he was attending a conference in Europe this weekend. He is either traveling overseas in order to bloviate or on Sunday morning teevee but never in Arizona.

• February 3, 2013 at 8:01 am

Ah, that explains it Bill, the Sunday shows without that guy are like strawberries without cream :roll:

• 25 Bill
        February 3, 2013 at 8:12 am

At least we have Carly Fiorina who almost destroyed HP and was a total embarrassment in her Senate race on This Week to explain economic policy and the current political environment to us know nothings.

• 29 Linda
      February 3, 2013 at 8:05 am

“Did you know that John McBitter has his own ” Institute of International Leadership ” with locations in AZ and DC ?

I just watched a forum held on Wednesday, the day before he embarrassed himself at the Hagel hearing. He was sitting in the front row with Kelly Ayotte ( do these people ever work ? ) That awful neocon Robert Kagan was on the panel ranting and raving about Syria………”

• 30 Bill
        February 3, 2013 at 8:21 am

I thought the forum was bizarre. Kagen and another nut were screaming that we should do something about Syria but with no specifics, and there were two sane panalists trying to be reasonable.

• 31 Linda
          February 3, 2013 at 8:38 am

Did you also happen to see Stanley McChrystal on book tv ? It is a must see….he was very impressive and honest…

It will be on again today at 4 :30….they do not have the podcast up yet…..

• 32 Bill
            February 3, 2013 at 8:49 am

Agreed. I thought he was fantastic. He especially handled the “peace activists” questions well. His pros and cons on the use of drones was very thoughtful and as you say a must see.

• 33 theo67
            February 3, 2013 at 12:04 pm

It’s too bad he shamed himself with his stupid comments about his Commander-in-Chief. He could have been very useful after his military career.

• 34 Bill
              February 3, 2013 at 12:28 pm

After hearing him on C-SPAN I read more on the Rolling Stone article. The way I interpreted it lower ranking unidentified officers and McCrystal “mocked civilian government officials, including Joe Biden”. McCrystal never said anything negative about PBO or his policies, and called VP Biden to apologize. McChrystal did not attempt to defend the incident it and resigned. He has been very repectful of PBO.

• 35 theo67
                February 3, 2013 at 12:34 pm

I take the insults against VP Biden as being insults to the C-in-C, since VP Biden is second in line. Given his high rank and responsibility for impressionable troops, McCrystal should have known better. And the fact that he’s making impressive appearances now makes that poor judgement back then even more disappointing.

• 36 Bill
                  February 3, 2013 at 12:55 pm

I am not defending anyone simply explaining what has been reported. The incident happened in a bar in Paris and not in fromt of troops. People who love VP Biden make fun of him. The story is very murky, and the Pentagon has questioned Michael Hasting’s version. If you have seen Michael Hastings on the Young Turks you also might question his word. No one has verified his version.

• 37 theo67
                    February 3, 2013 at 3:28 pm

I’m not sure that there’s a question as to the veracity of the statements and general attitude, given that McCrystal resigned and apologized for his behavior. As a member of the military, making such derogatory statements about the people at the head of government seems like very poor judgement, and I believe that’s why his resignation was accepted. I believe even Sec. Gates and Admiral Mullen were disappointed in the events.

Regardless, I wasn’t trying to re-litigate the past. I was pointing out that from what you and others have reported about his latest good works, it’s a shame that his career ended so badly from what seems to be poor judgement, when he obviously still had a lot to give.

• 38 jackiegrumbacher
      February 3, 2013 at 8:26 am

Well, Bill, if you were related to McCain, would you want him home? His friends and family probably urge him to stay in DC or travel abroad. A person with that kind of uncontrollable rage and hair trigger temper would be hell in any household.

• February 3, 2013 at 8:54 am

Here’s McCain hanging around our VP. http://t.co/Zze1sJqA

4. 43 Sweet peg
    February 3, 2013 at 8:18 am

Good morning everyone! Morning Chips

5. 45 elo4obama/biden
    February 3, 2013 at 8:24 am

Good morning everybody. Congrats on first Susan. Chips, I love the morning rise-priceless! Yeh I expected to see McCain and his side kick Graham all over the teevee. Embarrased much?

6. February 3, 2013 at 8:24 am

G’morning Chips,TOD, lurkers, everyone, and congrats Susan on #1! :)

7. 49 jackiegrumbacher
    February 3, 2013 at 8:31 am

Morning all. Every time I see these Sunday morning show roundups, they practically shout “Don’t watch me!” Even if there should accidentally be one good person on, you have to wade through all the other dregs to hear them. That’s why we always take a walk on Sunday morning–love the quiet and need the exercise. This morning is snowy, so lots of white fluffy white stuff to kick up on our walk.

February 3, 2013 at 8:32 am

Just a gentle reminder:

February 3, 2013 at 8:36 am

Starting your day/ending my day on a morbid note.

February 3, 2013 at 8:42 am

In addition to the Superbowl and Beyoncé’s awesome half-time performance, there will be an all day and night marathon of The Golden Girls on WeTV and Hallmark Channel for those who aren’t gung-ho about football. I wasn’t born when The Golden Girls first aired but I could spend all day watching re-runs. I put it up there with science, chocolate, sex, reading, and music. It’s just that bloody fantastic.

Enjoy!

February 3, 2013 at 8:52 am

Thanks for the headsup UT!

In addition, there will be an all-day and night marathon of Loving to Love the GOP on FOX & CNN News channels for those who aren’t gung-ho about football or the Golden Girls. Unfortunately, I would not put it anywhere with science, chocolate, sex, reading and music.

• 54 cookemom
      February 3, 2013 at 8:56 am

I loved that show. Somehow I always fancied myself to be like the character played by Rue McClanahan: Blanche Devereaux.

• 55 LadyTNT
        February 3, 2013 at 9:41 am

CM, I can see that. You’re definitely not afraid of a naughty mat or two! :lol:

I LOVE THE GOLDEN GIRLS!!!

• 56 57andFemale
      February 3, 2013 at 11:58 am

In Plain Sight marathon will get my attention. Even tho hubby will bug me to watch football and tempt me with high quality beer and his famous Costco-doctored pizza.

I also need to work all day. Damn.

11. February 3, 2013 at 8:52 am

Hey there all my O peeps!!!! It’s another great getting up day in TOD for sure!!!! You know the world will survive when Karl Rove forms a PAC to defeat the teabutts. He’s actively going against a Steve King nomination. So just sit back and relax with your favorite popcorn or cheesy treat. The elephant has broken free of the circus and they can’t get the clowns back into that teeny tiny car.

February 3, 2013 at 8:57 am

February 3, 2013 at 9:20 am

Gen. Martin Dempsey is a delight to watch. He and Leon Panetta are schooling Candy Crowley on her Benghazi nonsense.

Dempsey is basically telling Crowley how to tell time, the laws of physics, and his expression when she asks stupid questions is priceless. I applaud his blunt nature in general and when speaking with the press. He has no time for nonsense and even Candy realizes it. She’s all “I know I’m asking basic (translation: stupid) questions….” and Dempsey’s expression when she made that comment was a hearty Duh!”

• 63 Bill
      February 3, 2013 at 9:26 am

Off topic: I heard General Dempsey sing “New York, New York”. He is really good. I think it is on YouTube.

14. 64 JER
    February 3, 2013 at 9:20 am

Ex-SEAL sniper fatally shot at Texas

GLEN ROSE, Texas – A Texas sheriff has told local newspapers that author and former Navy SEAL Chris Kyle has been fatally shot along with another man on a gun range. … County Sheriff … says the 38-year-old Kyle and a second man were found dead Saturday afternoon … at … shooting range west of Glen Rose. http://www.10news.com/news/u-s-world/reports-author-ex-seal-sniper-chris-kyle-fatally-shot-at-texas-gun-range02032013

• 65 dotster3
      February 3, 2013 at 9:31 am

And a not uncommon occurrence. Gun nuts are always getting shot by other gun nuts at gun ranges, whether by accident or on purpose. It’s usually not such a high profile victim as in this case. It’s sad but ironic that someone whose life (and bestselling book) revolved around his gun prowess gets killed by a gun. Guess guns are deadly killing machines.

• 66 jackiegrumbacher
      February 3, 2013 at 9:36 am

So. the world’s best sniper, as well as a highly trained Navy SEAL, holding a gun at close range, could not protect himself from another shooter,,,, um…tell me again how a mother with small children taken unaware by an intruder(s) will be quick enough with her gun to shoot and kill the bad guy? I actually heard an elderly gun lover, who keeps her gun unloaded on a shelf in the closet and who has had only one gun lesson in her life, say she needed a bigger gun so she could shoot an intruder right between eyes. This is insanity.

February 3, 2013 at 10:12 am

Morning:) Yes…check this out http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/03/16823532-american-sniper-author-chris-kyle-fatally-shot-at-texas-gun-range?lite

Kyle, a Texas native who grew up hunting, served four tours in Iraq with Navy SEAL Team 3. His shooting during battles in Ramadi and Fallujah became legendary, and insurgents nicknamed him the “Devil of Ramadi” and put a bounty on his head.
        Advertise | AdChoices

He was credited with 160 confirmed kills, including one in 2008 in which he said he fired from 2,100 yards away — 1.2 miles.

The Star-Telegram described him as “America’s deadliest sniper.”

And THIS guy was shot, at a gun range, in America…..after he was SO DEADLY that the bad guys in Iraq had a bounty on his head??? Please proceed, Mr. LaPierre!

• 69 prettyfoot58
        February 3, 2013 at 10:26 am

GM Jackie…

This is the fantasy that some gun owners have about guns…that possession of a gun will miraculously transform a woman or a man into a ~SUPERHERO~ with Super Human abilities….it is unreal….

there is so much evidence to support the opposite…. .

• 70 JER
      February 3, 2013 at 9:47 am

“The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun,” said Wayne LaPierre, NRA’s executive vice president. What would this nut say now?

• 71 isonprize
        February 3, 2013 at 11:05 am

He would say the same thing. Evil.

• February 3, 2013 at 12:31 pm

15. 73 dotster3
    February 3, 2013 at 9:26 am

One of the stranger headlines I noticed this a.m.—in Sioux City (Ia.) Journal—–“Sioux City Priest Prays for 49ers”, with a photo of said priest in his 49ers sweatshirt. Huh.

• 74 jackiegrumbacher
      February 3, 2013 at 9:39 am

Right, dotster, because God takes favorites in football games. Would be nice if that priest directed his energy toward the little 6-year old hostage in Alabama or the parents of dead children who are still grieving. Nice to know this guy has his priorities straight.

February 3, 2013 at 9:40 am

17. 76 99ts
    February 3, 2013 at 9:51 am

G’nite all – best to bed before I get into more trouble – hope you all enjoy the match – I don’t have a favorite team – too skeered.

February 3, 2013 at 9:55 am

• 80 dotster3
      February 3, 2013 at 10:03 am

And thus the hate and vitriol, a la McCain——they threw everything at him, boatloads of money and outrageous accusations——and Obama marches on undamaged, beating them at every turn.

• 81 theo67
        February 3, 2013 at 12:12 pm

Not just undamaged, but growing stronger and stronger. At last look, his approval rating was at 60%. Congress on the other hand…

19. 82 kathryn kivett
    February 3, 2013 at 9:59 am

Morning to all……Super Bowl…..this is the way I figure out who to pull for, that is if I bother…..which team is from a blue state?…in this case, both….which team is the underdog…Democrat that I am….Ravens……which team is from a state that is nearest to me…MD……..and last, which team has someone from their state that stood out to me with their loyalty to PBO…in this case, both but I had to pick so…. East Coaster that I am I chose Martin O’Malley…….so…….ta da…I rationalized that the Ravens should win…..GO RAVENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!………and now that you all have experienced the depth of how my logical mind works I’m off to figure out how to keep squirrels out of a bird feeder…

• 83 theo67
      February 3, 2013 at 12:14 pm

You’re forgetting that Nancy Pelosi is from San Francisco – home of the 49ers. Based on your rationale, the only advantage that the Ravens have is the proximity to you – which, I guess, is a good enough reason for your to vote for them. Either way – I hope it’s a good game. I’ll be watching for the commercials… :)

• 84 kathryn kivett
        February 3, 2013 at 1:10 pm

Opps! forgot that little tidbit…hmmmmm….decisions……Ok…decision made……will watch Sandy Hook kids, Alicia Keyes, Beyonce and PBO and pretend I’m reliving the inauguration and in between there are always the commercials….and to be fair with you, I could give a rip less who wins……Carolina Panthers are not playing considering they hardly won a game…….; (

• 86 nathkatun7
        February 3, 2013 at 5:36 pm

Well said Theo! Besides Nancy Pelosi our other great Senator, Barbara Boxer has consistently supported PBO!
        Go 49ers!

20. February 3, 2013 at 10:04 am

21. 88 squarepeg
    February 3, 2013 at 10:07 am

I thought it was over 51%? Good morning.

22. 92 sherijr
    February 3, 2013 at 10:08 am

Soooo I had every intention of at least listening to the Super Bowl today.. and watching the half time show, only to wake up to a computer that refuses to work- the dang fan has gone out on it- waaaah! Thus my youngest son- who really hates to share- has been coddled into allowing me use of his laptop this morning… briefly.. ya know the laptop I gave him for his 13th birthday. As AMK would say: shaking my head: kidsss!

23. 93 dotster3
    February 3, 2013 at 10:12 am

Truth here—–too many football players are ending up brain-damaged, diseased and suicidal

• February 3, 2013 at 10:30 am

The way it’s played is the way it’s been for over 75 years. It’s not going anywhere and Costas knows that. As long as you have two athletes no matter the sport colliding at full speed there’s always going to be a risk.

February 3, 2013 at 10:36 am

My son played lacrosse. He suffered a concussion his junior year in high school….scary stuff. It never happened again, but it sure was scary when it happened.

• 96 dotster3
        February 3, 2013 at 10:38 am

Even the NFL knows they have a problem—-investing millions in research to investigate these injuries and links to the damaging lifelong effects and possible remedies—-being discussed now on Face the Nation. Look at the size of players from 20 years ago and now, for one thing, and they are now twice the size, everyone on some kind of body building drugs.

• February 3, 2013 at 10:53 am

I seriously doubt it made anybody feel better getting hit by Dick Butkus because he was smaller than players today. A hit delivered by somebody who is good at it is still a hit. The collisons were no less violent than today and at times more so. And the NFL started taking this stuff seriously a long time ago when they got more stringent on things like roughing the passer and late hits out of bound. Maybe it’s comes in fits and starts but after the Jack Tatum-Darryl Stingley collision the NFL opened its eyes. If the NFL has a problem then so does college football, high school, and pee wee league because that’s the first place kids hear someone screaming in their ear to lay the other kid out.

• February 3, 2013 at 10:47 am

Not to give anyone a hard time, but in the bygone eras football players tackled. They didn’t focus on highspeed collisions. You wrapped your arms around the legs, torso, whatever you could get and brought the guy down. It was different from the game palyed today. My comment may be a “so what”, but if the rules could be changed to require true tackling, it could make a difference. Oh? The game wouldn’t be as explosive, violent i.e. “exciting”? Yeah, we can’t have that!

• February 3, 2013 at 10:58 am

Tell that to the players who went up against Night Train Laine. Yes they tackled but then like now they delivered the wood. Highspeed collisions from the beginning were part of this game. Read about the history of college football before Theodore Roosevelt stepped in. It was war and more than a few players lost their lives or were injured permanently. That didn’t come from just a wrap up tackle.

• 100 magapie
            February 3, 2013 at 11:17 am

Right there have always been vicious “craZY” players, but that doesn’t change the fact that overall the game was far less dangerous and violent in bygone eras (I played and I’ve watched all the grainy films too). Rule and sanction changes could be made to reduce the collisons and yep, it would change the nature of the game we are now accustomed to and make it less violent i.e. “exciting”. American fans don’t want that.

• February 3, 2013 at 11:33 am

No it wasn’t. The great Jim Brown himself said the era he played in was dangerous and violent. That’s why we have a lot of these rules today because the wide open game of yesteryear was too wide open. You were allowed to grab the face mask and hold on to it, any type of tackling was okay, late hits out of bounds were rarely if ever called, roughing the passer penalties depended on what kind of mood the ref was in that day. You could be a wide receiver coming over the middle during a run play and you were still fair game. The amount of old school players who walked away from this sport with serious injuries is staggering. I seriously doubt many of them think the game is more dangerous than from when they played.

• 102 magapie
                February 3, 2013 at 12:10 pm

Oh darn it, you’re right debingle and I’m wrong. And what a perfect day for this FASCINATING exchange. Millions of our bretheren will be gathered around panel TVs across the nation, neigh THE WORLD screaming and hollaring at the screen with the deep and unwavering knowledge in their minds: “I KNOW FOOTBALL. THESE GUYS DON’T KNOW FOTTBALL. I KNOW FOOTBALL”. (Forget “oh, he has an opinion and I have an opinion. It’s all good.) For a while this morning I was stuck in that ingrained, male genetic pattern, thinking I had actually seen a game 40+ years ago that was different. And serious players ended up wracked with bad knees and backs and arthritis, but there was NOT an ever increasing prevalence of BRAIN DAMAGE. Well, crap my memory was blurred by nostalgia. It happens and it was manifested in my extremely ignorant comments from my fat fingers. Which reminds me why it is when I go to a delightful Stupor Bowl Party (as I promised to do once again today) I soon find myself retiring to the kitchen and other areas away from the hollering screaming boneheads lest I let the bonehead in me emerge with my ZERO knowledge of…..whatever the f**k is done with that oblong brown object Anyway, thanks for the education. I need to get off the blog now and start getting my greasy snacks ready.

• 103 magapie
                  February 3, 2013 at 12:15 pm

I’m back. That was a rude, sarcastic rant. I apologize. Idiot. You brought up a lot of good points derbinge. I really have no idea. Also my fingers arn’t fat, that was weird. Take care and enjoy the game!

• 104 Bill
            February 3, 2013 at 11:18 am

Terry Bradshaw has said if he had a son now he would not let him play football. Troy Aikman has said he is concerned about the viability of football in 20 years. Both currently make millions broadcasing football. Something is going on.

February 3, 2013 at 12:52 pm

Bill, Is the coach of San Fran going to say anything about them saying what they said.?

• 106 carolmaewy
                February 3, 2013 at 3:53 pm

Didn’t the owners extend the season by one game and didn’t they want to extend by two? That’s how you get to the Superbowl, by having the most healthy players. Extending the season is wrong.

24. 107 dotster3
    February 3, 2013 at 10:17 am

February 3, 2013 at 10:24 am

Like the way he put that…”freedomed”…maybe that’s what we should say everytime someone else gets a bullet. Hope she’ll be ok. Sounds like she’ll be fine.

25. 109 dotster3
    February 3, 2013 at 10:32 am

I see the “American Sniper” who was killed yesterday at a gun range has a new book coming out in May, glorifying guns in America. He was interviewed after the Newtown massacre and said he was for arming teachers and against any restrictions on guns.

26. 117 Ceb
    February 3, 2013 at 10:37 am

Good morning everyone. What a mix of of sad, funny, ironic, sporty, and informative comments; the essence of what daily life is. Happy Super Bowl Sunday to those who care . I will be eating chocolate, reading, listening to music, and watching a marathon of Keeping up Appearances on PBS.

PBO interview is at 4:30.

Have a great day everyone.

February 3, 2013 at 10:49 am

Chips put up a Sunday post BEFORE 8:00am!!! Seriously, that’s just plain mean to the rest of us readers who like to lie in bed on a Sunday morning and unwind.

Congrats, Susan, and a ‘Good Morning’ to you and all those early TODobots who are allergic to their beds. ;) ;) Wishing you all a wonderfully LONG and eventful Sunday!

28. 122 JER
    February 3, 2013 at 10:52 am

February 3, 2013 at 10:53 am

He must be really feeling the heat…sounds more and more desperate and deranged.

• 124 carolyn
      February 3, 2013 at 11:19 am

LaPierre and his ilk would have us live like people have to in Central America: behind high walls with broken glass and stakes on top, armed guards for families, no mental security at all. Look to Colombia, El Salvador, Guatemala, Belize, Mexico, even Costa Rica for what it would be like if LaPierre had his way.
      We should instead look to the Netherlands, Austria, Norway, Sweden, Denmark and other European countries for how to live with internal security and yes, freedom. How long before no one from another country wants to visit the US?
      Last time we were in England, we went to Covent Garden and watched one of those fun street shows. At the end the emcee asked about countries people were from…..a number were listed and people raised their hands. Then, he said “The U.S.” We raised our hands, he put his hands up in mock surrender and said “Don’t shoot!” That was absolutely humiliating, but said as clearly as anything what opinions a number of people have.

• 125 Bill
        February 3, 2013 at 11:41 am

Your Covent Garden story is humiliating but a wonderful story to repeat.

Not only could gun nuts move to Central America, they also would not have to put up with those nasty business regulations that we have in the US.

• 126 carolyn
          February 3, 2013 at 2:36 pm

Bill, use that story any time you need it. Feel free to say “My friend…..” as we are all friends here. You can imagine how shocked and hurt and humiliated we were……….American exceptionalism indeed.

30. 127 prettyfoot58
    February 3, 2013 at 11:02 am

February 3, 2013 at 11:07 am

PBO talks with Scott Pelley today at 4:30pm Eastern….just a reminder!

32. 134 isonprize
    February 3, 2013 at 11:20 am

I LOVE MY PRESIDENT, ESPECIALLY WHEN HE’S LAUGHING!

33. 136 prettyfoot58
    February 3, 2013 at 11:25 am

Geithner and his pseudo liberal critics by krebscyle

For me, the rescue of the auto industry using TARP funds was the most important action of the Treasury during Geithner’s tenure – the action with the biggest impact on “ordinary Americans”…

In the dominant neo-classical school of economics, the kind of direct government investments in manufacturing that the Obama administration has pursued just cannot work – even though they do and did. …

….The Dow is back to 1400, but a number of the biggest financial players pre-crisis are gone or deeply wounded. The provisions of the Obama administrations banking law reform that allow the government to fold up big non-bank financial institutions like AIG or CitiGroup (much more than a bank) and claw back benefits from management in the even of failure are also not mentioned…

read more here…..

February 3, 2013 at 12:03 pm

opps..Dow is back to 14,000…not 1400 :)

• 139 theo67
      February 3, 2013 at 12:27 pm

The mortgage rescue would also have helped, if there hadn’t been a neocon at the helm of Fannie & Freddie, blocking the implementation of the relief program. Edward DeMarco (acting Director of Federal Housing Finance Agency, conservator of Fannie & Freddie) foiled those plans, because he said his primary purpose was to safeguard the investment of shareholders, rather than help Americans recover. There was plenty of money to save many more homes – they just couldn’t get DeMarco to allow the mortgage relief programs because it would mean less profit for shareholders. Really shameful.

• 140 prettyfoot58
        February 3, 2013 at 12:36 pm

yanno…Theo…

there is no telling where the Middle Class and unemployment would be if it were not for the obstruction of GOP Congress and the austerity measures taken by the GOP controlled state houses..

• 141 theo67
          February 3, 2013 at 12:38 pm

Yup – if the Administration was able to do what they’ve done in the face of such obstruction from the right and the media – how much more could they have done if everyone had been pulling together. History will note this.

34. February 3, 2013 at 11:26 am

February 3, 2013 at 11:52 am

:lol:

36. 154 vitaminlover
    February 3, 2013 at 12:24 pm

Why are people always trying to get our beloved President to ‘be like’ somebody? This latest bit of news-be like Ike- is annoying. When President Obama finishes his second term people are going to be saying “Be like Obama”. Threr!

• 155 vitaminlover
      February 3, 2013 at 12:31 pm

There!

• 156 debz
        February 3, 2013 at 12:55 pm

It is annoying, isn’t it? They refuse to give him the respect as his own person. It is bad enough that they compare him to every other President, but what really bothers me is when they try to compare him to someone like MLK, who was a civil rights leader and not a politician. They don’t seem to understand the difference.