Feb

The Day in Images: President Obama in Minneapolis

President Obama high fives a youngster at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, Feb. 4 (Photo by Pete Souza)

The Marine One helicopter, with President Barack Obama aboard, top, prepares to land at Andrews Air Force Base (Photo: Cliff Owen)

Andrews Air Force Base (Photo: Brendan Smialowski)

(Photo: Cliff Owen)

…. with Sen. Amy Klobuchar, Sen. Al Franken and and Rep. Betty McCollum at Minneapolis St. Paul International Airport (Photo: Brendan Smialowski)

(Photo: Pablo Martinez Monsivais)

(Photo: Hannah Foslien)

(Photo: Hannah Foslien)

A man holds up a gun control sign while President Obama’s motorcade passes on the way to the Minneapolis Police Department’s Special Operations Center (Photo: Brendan Smialowski)

Minneapolis Public Schools School Resource Officer Mike Kirchen, left, President Obama and Minneapolis Police Chief Janee Harteau listen during a round table discussion at the Minneapolis Police Department’s Special Operations Center (Photo: Brendan Smialowski)

(Photo: Pablo Martinez Monsivais)

(Photo: Pablo Martinez Monsivais)

(Photo: Brendan Smialowski)

President Obama enters the Minneapolis Police Department Special Operations Center (Photo: Jeffrey Thompson)

(Photo: Pablo Martinez Monsivais)

(Photo: Jim Mone)

(Photo: Elizabeth Flores)

President Obama greets law enforcement officials, including St. Paul Police Chief Thomas Smith, after speaking on ideas to reduce gun violence at the Minneapolis Police Department Special Operations Center (Photo: Scott Takushi)

244 Responses to “The Day in Images: President Obama in Minneapolis”

1. 7 carolmaewy
    February 4, 2013 at 8:04 pm

It was cold there 14 degrees!

2. February 4, 2013 at 8:05 pm

Congrats on 1st Mary!!

#FORWARD

3. 16 Proud Former White House Intern
    February 4, 2013 at 8:05 pm

Awesome day!

4. 17 CEB
    February 4, 2013 at 8:08 pm

Good evening everyone.

5. 18 theo67
    February 4, 2013 at 8:08 pm

The President was looking very intense in some of those photos! And looking good at the same time…

• 19 globalcitizenlinda
      February 4, 2013 at 11:09 pm

yes, the intensity in some of those photos is very eye-catching – PBO is very serious about the gun violence issue

6. February 4, 2013 at 8:09 pm

Maryl1 is unstoppable! Congrats #1….

7. February 4, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Hah! Just came across a wonderful book title: “Say It Like Obama and Win!” Of course, the reason Obama wins is because he means what he says.

February 4, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Any news on hagel vote?

9. February 4, 2013 at 8:11 pm

10. February 4, 2013 at 8:13 pm

This is foolish and dangerous …

Truly wonder if he realizes he’d probably be safer in Kandahar Province …

• 32 dotster3
      February 4, 2013 at 8:28 pm

Crazy—-he shouldn’t be there—–too many numbnuts. Just reading about that Tx. sniper killer. He had been carted off to the mental hospital on more than one occasion, threatened to kill himself and had a breakdown when his dad said he was going to sell his gun. Shot the 2 guys Sat.—multiple times— because he wanted their truck. What they were doing at a gun range with multiple automatic firearms with that disturbed guy is impossible to understand and severely stupid. Morgan not showing good judgment here either, especially dealing with this issue and unhinged gun nuts.

• February 4, 2013 at 8:31 pm

Morgan is behaving ridiculously, indeed dotster. And that TX shooter evidently had an ‘arsenal’ of weapons – ‘legally purchased.’ What a total mess.

• 34 Nena20409
          February 4, 2013 at 8:39 pm

I am sure that TeaNN has protection there. Why are they doing this? Feb in the rating business is sweep month. Piers Morgan is a ratings seeking har_lot….pardon my verbiage.

And there is no business like show business I know.

• 35 theo67
        February 4, 2013 at 9:32 pm

Apparently, the sniper and his friend had only met the sniper killer guy for the first time, and they were doing some kind of veteran “therapy” for service people who were adjusting back to society. This seems pretty irresponsible.

11. 36 cookemom
    February 4, 2013 at 8:17 pm

May I point out that the sign in front of PBO cracks me up. It says The President. Ha, ha, somehow that’s funny to me.

• 37 theo67
      February 4, 2013 at 9:36 pm

For some, it still needs to be spelled out.

• 38 cookemom
        February 4, 2013 at 11:15 pm

President Obama would do. Everyone else has their name on their placard. A sign that merely describes the person sitting behind it like an adjective is nuts. “The President” Well, President who?

• 39 theo67
          February 4, 2013 at 11:30 pm

Ha – I guess you’ve got a point. :)

• 40 nathkatun7
          February 4, 2013 at 11:49 pm

Actually, that’s how Presidents and Vice-Presidents are typically designated. For example, when the President goes to Congress to deliver the State of the Union, the announcer says “Mr. Or Madam Speaker: The President of the United States!” No need to spell out their names. So, I am not sure why this is funny to you.

• 41 cookemom
            February 5, 2013 at 9:01 am

Aside from the congressional protocol and all of that higher learning you impart, it cracks me up like you wouldn’t believe……but that’s what you just said. I guess you’d have to be my funny bone to get a real appreciation of why it had me LOLing

• 42 globalcitizenlinda
      February 4, 2013 at 11:16 pm

I always laugh at that sign – cracked up when I saw it here

February 4, 2013 at 8:18 pm

kasich lurvs obamacare

weld lurvs not running for senate.

me lurvs teabaggers circling the drain.

13. 44 vitaminlover
    February 4, 2013 at 8:22 pm

Our Beloved President is such an icon!

14. February 4, 2013 at 8:23 pm

That is some very fierce listening our President is doing!

15. February 4, 2013 at 8:23 pm

16. February 4, 2013 at 8:29 pm

February 4, 2013 at 8:34 pm

Lord Ouseley is chairman of Kick It Out, football’s anti-discrimination campaign. He’s quitting his post as English football’s senior adviser on racial equality over what he sees as the game’s failure to tackle racism.

He tells Stephen Sackur why he thinks recent cases involving Chelsea’s John Terry and Luis Suarez of Liverpool highlight football’s double standards on the issue of race.

18. February 4, 2013 at 8:42 pm

February 4, 2013 at 8:45 pm

Just peeking in from lurking:) Been a long day at work, I’m exhausted, but it doesn’t seem like a good idea to go to bed at 6:40pm…I’d be up wondering what to do with myself in the middle of the night…not good either.

LL….good luck to the love of your life on her upcoming surgery. A new journey together, and one that is healthy and strong. Good news…we’ll be thinking of both of you! Have a great time on your get a way before the surgery…you must both be anxious and excited.

Hope everyone had a good day today…thank you President Obama, for all you do for this entire country and the world. We are so lucky to have you for 4 more. Sometimes I have to pinch myself!

February 4, 2013 at 8:56 pm

Hello df –

LOL@ “but it doesn’t seem like a good idea to go to bed at 6:40pm”

Not a good idea at all! :) :)

February 4, 2013 at 9:02 pm

HI there, hf:) I really COULD go to sleep right now….cooking instead:)

February 4, 2013 at 9:10 pm

Seriously df, I can totally relate. There are days when I come home and just want to jump in bed and to hell with everything. But when I stop to think of the consequences….

February 4, 2013 at 9:12 pm

Yup. That’s where I am tonight:) Not an especially “bad” day…just frantic and weird….and tiring !

• 69 HZ
              February 5, 2013 at 1:36 am

Desertflower((((((((((( Sweet Sleeping for You)))))))))))))))))). DF, I hope you can settle in with some nice lovely music and a sweet glass of wine, maybe? Lots of hugs dear one.HZ

20. 70 lisalovesobama
    February 4, 2013 at 8:49 pm

Just watched the Go Daddy Super Bowl ad. Can we all say gross?

• 71 Vicki
      February 4, 2013 at 9:01 pm

Gross. Phech. Yuck.

February 4, 2013 at 9:05 pm

I think they’re usually tasteless and tacky….was it the one with the airplane? Fell right from my memory…..bet that was fine and dandy with the same people that had a shit fit when Flacco said fucking awesome out of shear excitement from just winning the Super Bowl though :)

• 73 theo67
      February 4, 2013 at 9:43 pm

Yeah – that kissing ad was pretty bad.

21. February 4, 2013 at 8:50 pm

• 75 Gazelle
      February 4, 2013 at 9:11 pm

Wish I could have planted a big, fat kiss on each of that adorable little boy’s cheeks. Love all the expressions in that pic.

• 76 nathkatun7
      February 4, 2013 at 11:00 pm

Great photo, Chipsticks! I am certain President Obama noticed something special about this little boy with those bright eyes and intense, but fearless, expression. I will not be surprised if this kid turns out to be another great leader following the footsteps of President Obama. Of course, at my age, I doubt that I will be around to witness it.

22. February 4, 2013 at 8:55 pm

The best of last night’s commercials. Try to guess why.

February 4, 2013 at 8:59 pm

A note to pundits everywhere: Be careful about expressing your skepticism out loud to the general public. You may wind up looking foolish.

24. 89 Gazelle
    February 4, 2013 at 9:05 pm

That forum looked intense. PBO had that enough-of-this-BS look. Let’s get it done, dammit!

25. February 4, 2013 at 9:06 pm

So true …

26. 91 99ts
    February 4, 2013 at 9:15 pm

Belated hello to everyone. Reading all the TOD news today – seems to be the best of life and the worst of life. What has been true since time immortal – the media loves a left leaning politician who is out of office – or dead – otherwise – not so much.

Also too – those suggesting the President is giving up on some of the gun control issues – are the same people who said he gave up on health care reform in 2010.

It was wonderful to hear that the young boy hostage survived – but the harm done to him will take much to repair. I so hope he gets the help he needs.

February 4, 2013 at 9:17 pm

Rachel seems to be getting some folks real mad on Twitter. Where is lisalovesobama? :)

• 93 theo67
      February 4, 2013 at 10:00 pm

I was fuming here. Not sure if the twitter brigade is mad at the same stuff. But, for me, bringing up the legal justification for the authorities to target American citizens is like yelling “fire” in a crowded theater as the right wing gun nuts are already preparing for Armageddon because they think the “black helicopters” are coming. Her and her guest didn’t spend much time explaining that the citizen in question had joined Al Qaeda, and was actively working to kill Americans. Sometimes I wonder whether these people live in the real world, and what exactly their solutions are to a very dangerous world.

• 94 lisalovesobama
      February 4, 2013 at 10:01 pm

:lol: you know how I do! ;)

28. 95 dotster3
    February 4, 2013 at 9:21 pm

Just a devastating documentary on HBO—–Mea Maxima Culpa—–re. the widespread sex abuse of children in the Catholic Church—–over 200 deaf boys sexually abused by one priest, Fr. Murphy, with the cover-up going all the way to the Vatican. The now grown men are telling their horrific experiences. It’s really unbelievable. Pervasive, every kid in the school. Damaged.

February 4, 2013 at 9:27 pm

Is that going to be on again, dotster? I saw the guy that made the movie on Bill Maher last Friday…I wanted to see this.

• 97 dotster3
        February 4, 2013 at 9:35 pm

Not sure. They usually air them repeatedly though, I think. Just aired a segment about a priest whose sole job was going from parish to parish with $7 million and hand out settlements to victims’ families. When he found out there were never reports of these crimes to law enforcement and the priests were shuffled to the next church to repeatedly harm more boys, he quit the priesthood. The Vatican had known about Fr. Murphy’s sex abuse of the deaf boys in Milwaukee for over 20 years—–did nothing.

29. February 4, 2013 at 9:26 pm

30. 99 Nena20409
    February 4, 2013 at 9:27 pm

The daughter of the late sen Storm Thurmond from SC, his hidden bi-racial daughter, died today at 87 yrs old. TMP has a story there. AP also had a story about her passing.

31. 104 lisalovesobama
    February 4, 2013 at 9:27 pm

Spear me……. Seriously, S-P-E-A-R me —–right now, with the sharpest tool you can find—– from whiny liberals complaining about targeted killings of terrorists who just happen to be American. :roll: it’s not like PBO is going around dragging people from their beds and killing them. He targets known terrorists who make no apologizes for doing what they do to ensure the destruction of Americans. Do I look like I care about Anwar Al- Awlaki and his American citizenship? Do you think he cared about us when he was busy recruiting terrorists to kill us? Wake the fuck up. That’s why, until this president, no one has ever trusted Democrats on national security…… All yellow bellies, no backbone, no fight, no damned common sense. Sometimes you sacrifice certain principles for national and international good. Kill a terrorist who happens to have been born here, or leave them alone—unable to get to them because of terrorist networks and geography— so that they can recruit more people to hate and plan to kill more Westerners…….. Hmmmm. That’s a tough one, let me think. :roll: losers.

February 4, 2013 at 9:37 pm

Oh so you were watching – I was wondering where you were with Rachel getting on everyone’s nerves with her incessant nonsense about drone strikes.

Her fake “concern” for Al Awlaki is duly noted but it’s more about beefing up her prog cred with her emoprog supporters who watch her show. The fast way to do it is to create some crap from the “left” to bash the President about. As someone on Twitter stated, right here in the US we have American citizens who are being gunned down by cops almost DAILY but nary a peep from the likes of Rachel. Emoprogs don’t care about THAT…

• 106 lisalovesobama
        February 4, 2013 at 9:57 pm

I know right?! People getting killed by cops everyday in certain parts in this country and I have yet to hear her report on it. I don’t care if someone was born on a cross in a church on Sunday. If there is real evidence that you’re a known terrorist? Kiss your ass good bye. Don’t got time for that bull. :roll:

• 107 theo67
          February 4, 2013 at 10:04 pm

In fact, didn’t Rick Perry put an American citizen to death last year even when the evidence showed that the man was innocent?

• 108 amk for obama
      February 4, 2013 at 9:42 pm

Isn’t part of presidential CIC oath – defend … against enemies, both foreign & domestic.

• 109 lisalovesobama
        February 4, 2013 at 9:59 pm

Tell that to the chick on MSNBFOX between 9 and 10.

• 110 nathkatun7
        February 5, 2013 at 1:55 am

That’s the way I understand it, AMK! The modern keyboard radical lefties, who are trying to emulate the 1960’s radical lefties, think that the Al Qaeda terrorists are the same as the Cuban Revolutionaries or the Vietnam Liberation Army. This is pathetic. The Third World Liberation movements of the 50s, and 60s were about liberating their countries. At no time did they plot to kill innocent Americans.

February 4, 2013 at 9:28 pm

Gentle ‘minder. Next Tuesday (Feb 13) our President will deliver the State of the Union address.

// President Obama will address the 113th Congress as well as the nation in the annual State of the Union Address. House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) invited the president in a formal letter to come speak to a joint session of congress on February 12. Many wonder which topics will be spotlighted, and his second inauguration is a good indication of what will come in a few weeks. //

33. 115 Dudette
    February 4, 2013 at 9:30 pm

Eight Senators on Monday voted not to consider the reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act, a bill that protects victims of domestic violence. The Senators who voted against moving to debate on the bill were: Sens. Ted Cruz (R-TX), Mike Lee (R-UT), Tim Scott (R-SC), Marco Rubio (R-FL), Mike Johanns (R-NE), Rand Paul (R-KY), Pat Roberts (R-KS), and James Risch (R-ID).

• 116 amk for obama
      February 4, 2013 at 9:47 pm

• 118 jackiegrumbacher
      February 4, 2013 at 9:51 pm

Dudette, I hope every single women’s group in the US, from the biggest to the smallest, marks these eight useless pieces of flesh and does everything in their power to defeat them in the next election. American women do not need or deserve to have enemies working against them in the United States Senate. These MEN have shown themselves unfit for their jobs. They can be voted out, no matter how long it takes, if enough women decide it will happen and are relentless about it.

34. 120 kasai
    February 4, 2013 at 9:31 pm

Good Evening Tod:-)

Still recuperating from my 49ers loss :-( We played hard and almost had it….I guess we have to wait another year at Nathkatun.
    Chips thanks for all the great pics and news…
    Hope you all had a fabulous day:-)

• February 4, 2013 at 9:35 pm

I’m glad that next year’s SB will be played in New Jersey. Gridiron football played in the cold and (hopefully) snow or rain, the way it should be played.

• 127 nathkatun7
      February 4, 2013 at 10:03 pm

Good evening Kasai. I am also “still recuperating from my 49ers loss.” The fact of the matter is: our team showed tremendous character and tenacity. What initially appeared to be a rout by the Ravens never materialized. Our team really won the second half, but fell short on winning the game. We have a young team,with a young, but talented, quarterback. I am looking forward to next year.

35. 130 kasai
    February 4, 2013 at 9:34 pm

I am so glad the little boy in Alabama made it out alive…thank you God…I’ve been worried sick…Bless his little heart.

36. February 4, 2013 at 9:34 pm

Ok, so I’m a few stories in to “World War Z” and all I can say is: READ IT! I think the movie will be vastly different, as it has to maintain a sustained narrative, rather than the Studs Terkel-like approach of the book. But, really, it’s a good read. Your librarian says so.

37. 135 Dudette
    February 4, 2013 at 9:35 pm

• 136 nathkatun7
      February 4, 2013 at 10:18 pm

Congratulations to Judge Bernette Johnson! Slowly but surely we are making progress. Thanks Dudette for sharing the good news.

38. 137 Dudette
    February 4, 2013 at 9:36 pm

Hey, isn’t PBO an adopted member of the Crow Nation? Hmmmm…

39. 138 Dudette
    February 4, 2013 at 9:37 pm

February 4, 2013 at 9:38 pm

41. 143 Dudette
    February 4, 2013 at 9:38 pm

42. 144 Dudette
    February 4, 2013 at 9:41 pm

• 145 theo67
      February 4, 2013 at 10:17 pm

$200 billion over ten years?! How much did some of those corporations get back in refunds last year alone? If BP can afford to pay billions in fines over their oil spill, and still be viable, then these companies can afford more than a collective $20 billion/year.

43. February 4, 2013 at 9:45 pm

44. 151 Dudette
    February 4, 2013 at 9:45 pm

45. 152 Dudette
    February 4, 2013 at 9:46 pm

46. 153 Dudette
    February 4, 2013 at 9:48 pm

Center for American Progress: How President Obama Can Reverse America’s Worsening Hunger Metrics

47. 154 Dudette
    February 4, 2013 at 9:50 pm

48. 159 Dudette
    February 4, 2013 at 9:51 pm

49. 160 Dudette
    February 4, 2013 at 9:51 pm

50. 161 Dudette
    February 4, 2013 at 9:52 pm

51. 168 Dudette
    February 4, 2013 at 9:53 pm

52. 170 Dudette
    February 4, 2013 at 9:54 pm

53. February 4, 2013 at 10:03 pm

Couldn’t be more obvious …

• 177 jackiegrumbacher
      February 5, 2013 at 8:38 am

Well done, Bob. The contempt the modern day GOP has for this country is astonishing. They display an utter disregard for human life and an outright hatred of women. Greed and ego has consumed them completely. They are no longer a political party. They are a blight on America–a sickness so deep it will destroy us all if we don’t fight against them every day. They represent what is meant by “selling your soul to the devil.”

February 4, 2013 at 10:06 pm

I made it till 8:05! See you all tomorrow….

55. 181 Bill R.
    February 4, 2013 at 10:06 pm

• 182 Bill R.
      February 4, 2013 at 10:10 pm

I have no problem with our President defending Americans from an Al Qaeda agent who happens to be a citizen, who is participating and planning mass murder against other Americans. There is plenty of precedent for this and it is authorized under Congressional act post 9/11. Finally Dems have become a National Security party and Americans trust a Dem president to protect our country. The LW Naderites like Maddow hate him for it, but I love him for it.

• February 4, 2013 at 10:20 pm

Neither do I, Bill.

And, then there’s this reality (since 20Jan2009) …

They should consider themselves very lucky ….

#FORWARD

• 186 nathkatun7
        February 4, 2013 at 10:41 pm

This what the pseudo leftists don’t get. One of the most important responsibility of a President is to protect the security of this country. Pseudo leftist confuse the illegal assassinations of foreign leaders, carried out by the CIA in the Sixties and early seventies, and aimed at toppling regimes and leaders not approved by Washington, with drone attacks on people actively plotting to inflict violence on innocent Americans. The two are not the same. For example, Castro fought to free Cuba. He never sent Cubans to assassinate Americans. The same is not true of Al Qaida members. Their number one goal is to attack and kill innocent Americans. As such, the President is obligated to use every means necessary to prevent the killing of innocent Americans.

• February 4, 2013 at 10:29 pm

I low it’s pathetic, even my Mother says – again with the Drones.

They are making asses out of themselves.

I assure you, Waziristan Pakistan does not have any innocent people. If Rachel is So sure about the innocent civilians, tell her to go their and get an interview.
      Don’t be Scarred Rachel?

• 191 Gazelle
      February 4, 2013 at 10:30 pm

Ha-hah! Right on, Bobfr!

56. 192 dotster3
    February 4, 2013 at 10:12 pm

Maciel—–a prolific fundraiser for the Vatican—-a drug addict and serial child sexual abuser, friends with Jeb Bush and Rick Santorum—–and the current pope. Everyone needs to see this documentary. They just covered the similar scandal in Ireland. Dying to ask chips about Fr. Tony Walsh, the singing priest there, who also sexually abused 200 kids and it was also covered up for 20 years—- I knew much of this, but this is unbelievable to see it all laid out like this—-pervasive world wide, Catholic priests’ sex abuse of children—-with records going back 1000 years, continually covered up and kept secret. Shocking.

57. 193 anniebella
    February 4, 2013 at 10:19 pm

I sent Senator Harry Reid a email today, concerning President Obama gun control plan he put forth. I have already email my Congressman and Senator, now I plan to email them again.

58. February 4, 2013 at 10:25 pm

OVERNIGHT DEFENSE: Hagel filibuster up in the air

By Carlo Muñoz and Jeremy Herb
    The Topline: The Senate’s top Republicans aren’t ruling out a filibuster against former Sen. Chuck Hagel (R-Neb.) as senators are deciding how they will vote on his confirmation.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) told a local TV station this weekend that it was “not clear yet” whether Hagel would need 51 or 60 votes to be confirmed.

An aide to Senate Minority Whip John Cornyn (R-Texas) said last week that all options were still on the table.

Republicans were not impressed by Hagel’s performance at last week’s confirmation hearing, and McConnell said in the TV report that opposition to him had “intensified.”

But the two top GOP senators aren’t in the same place yet on Hagel: Cornyn is among his most vocal opponents, while McConnell has not said how he would vote.

With the Democrats holding a 55-45 advantage in the Senate — and no Democrats yet coming out against Hagel — a filibuster could be the only way for the GOP to try and derail the nomination of their former Senate colleague.

Even if Republicans take the unprecedented step of a filibuster, it could become moot if enough Republicans say they will back Hagel — or at least oppose the filibuster attempt.

Two Republicans thus far, Sens. Thad Cochran (R-Miss.) and Mike Johanns (R-Neb.), say they will back Hagel’s confirmation, while there are still many others who have not yet said how they will vote.

See?

59. 204 Dudette
    February 4, 2013 at 10:31 pm

60. 205 Dudette
    February 4, 2013 at 10:32 pm

61. 206 Dudette
    February 4, 2013 at 10:40 pm

For those of you who don’t want click on the link to the Huffy Place, here’s a link to the CN2 video that’s referenced in the article.
    Bonus: Also there’s a video of Rand Paul saying Turtle would win a primary (ick.. where are my disinfectant wipes)

Sens. McConnell and Paul take their mutual admiration society show on the road

62. 215 Dudette
    February 4, 2013 at 10:41 pm

63. 218 dotster3
    February 4, 2013 at 10:48 pm

64. 219 Dudette
    February 4, 2013 at 10:50 pm

65. 220 99ts
    February 4, 2013 at 10:54 pm

Ezra Klein loves giving the GOP media time – AND he needs to learn that it is President Obama he is discussing. grrrrr

66. 225 Dudette

February 4, 2013 at 11:27 pm

72. 231 Dudette
    February 4, 2013 at 11:38 pm

73. 232 Dudette
    February 4, 2013 at 11:50 pm

February 4, 2013 at 11:57 pm

Wow. Chips, the photos of the President in Minneapolis are intense, and such an outstanding record of just this one important day in his presidency. Thank you, as usual. Dudette, I have exhausted myself just checking out all of your glorious tweets. A big thank you to you, too, and I’m glad you’re feeling better! This post is so big, I’m having a little trouble loading it, so think I’ll swing over to Twitter! See ya back here, tomorrow, Obamabots!

75. 234 Dudette
    February 5, 2013 at 12:02 am

Just so there’s no ambiguity…

• 235 99ts
      February 5, 2013 at 1:02 am

Some men sure love legislating against women – will they ever remember that they owe their lives to their mothers – all of them being women.

• 236 jackiegrumbacher
      February 5, 2013 at 8:32 am

Learn the names and work to defeat them, no matter how hard, no matter how long. Teach your daughters about them. Never forget. There are more of us than there are of them. Let them know that every day of their lives. They have declared war on women. They underestimate us at their peril.

76. 237 Dudette
    February 5, 2013 at 12:30 am

77. 238 nathkatun7
    February 5, 2013 at 1:30 am

Dear Chipsticks, would I be asking too much for suggesting a weekly thread to highlight and appreciate the magnificent job performed by TOD twitter brigade? For some one like me who is technologically challenged I deeply value the work done by TOD twitters in spreading TRUTH. Sometimes I come here late and I miss out on all the tweets shared. For example, today we could have honored Dudette, Bobfr, lovelyplains, Chipsticks, etc., for all the wonderful tweets.

• February 5, 2013 at 2:02 am

That is very kind of you, nath. We are all in this together and the support and spirit you have always contributed to advancing quality of life for all Americans and your exceptional support of President Obama is very much appreciated.

Yes We Can

78. February 5, 2013 at 2:15 am

Will never cease to be amazed at how genuine President Obama has been at trying to nurture a genuine dialectic with the GOP opposition party and their total incapacity to even notice ….

…. which is why they are going to disintegrate.

#TrustBarack He’s earned it

time for some rest ….

79. 242 prettyfoot58
    February 5, 2013 at 7:49 am

Gooooood Morning…MsChipppps…and TODville….

the BLOWOUT of the day….The DOJ “leaked” memo about drones….

i am counting on our TOD folks to strip down the hysteria and relate the truth about this….

i can’t comment on the blog from work…altho i read each comment….

Have a Footabulous Day ….

February 5, 2013 at 7:58 am

Morning everyone…I feel better now after my “early bedtime” :) Sometimes you just have to do that! More horrors from the Catholic Church…

The laundries were Catholic-run workhouses that operated in Ireland from the 1920s to the mid-1990s.

Girls considered “troubled” or what were then called “fallen women” were sent there and did unpaid manual work.

In 2011, the UN Committee Against Torture called on the Irish government to set up an inquiry into the treatment of thousands of women and girls.

One survivor, Maureen Sullivan, 60, was sent to a Magdalene laundry in New Ross, County Wexford, at the age of 12.

Maureen’s father died leaving a widow and three children.

Her mother re-married and Maureen claims she was abused by her stepfather.

The nuns noticed, called in a priest and convinced her mother that Maureen would be going to a “lovely school”.

Maureen Sullivan: “We had no rights. My name was taken off me”

She said she never saw her school books again, was forced to work night and day, seven days a week, and was given a new name, Frances.

Horrific to me…the torture/ abuse that has taken place in the church is nothing short of criminal. For myself, one of the many reasons that I choose not to participate in religion of any kind.