Feb

A small bit of this, a tiny bit of that

REI Chief Executive Officer Sally Jewell is congratulated by outgoing Interior Secretary Ken Salazar after she was nominated by President Barack Obama to be the next Secretary of the Interior

O……..kay:

Syracuse.com: It didn’t take long for a Connecticut toymaker to hop on the news that President Barack Obama enjoys skeet shooting at Camp David.

The company, Herobuilders.com, is selling its “Skeet Shooting Obama Action Figure” through its website. The first 1,000 customers to order will get a special price, $19.95, according to the site.

More here

President Obama travels aboard Marine One from Annapolis, Md., en route to the White House, Feb. 6 (Photo by Pete Souza)

Did I mention Ireland beat Poland 2-0? :cool:

59 Responses to “A small bit of this, a tiny bit of that”

February 6, 2013 at 7:23 pm

Ha.

• 2 carolmaewy
      February 6, 2013 at 7:24 pm

Congrats. You must have sobered up since the last post amk!

• 3 amk for obama
        February 6, 2013 at 7:27 pm

I am drunk on coffee…. No, not the irish one.

• February 6, 2013 at 7:29 pm

Well then it’s not coffee!

Genius.

• 5 amk for obama
            February 6, 2013 at 7:30 pm

ireeesh.

• 7 amk for obama
                February 6, 2013 at 7:35 pm

Murphy approached Mulligan’s bar. On the step outside he was accosted by a nun, Sister Marie, who said:

‘Surely a fine man like yourself is not going into this den of iniquity? Surely you’re not going to waste your hard-earned cash on the devil’s brew. Why don’t you go home and feed and clothe your wife and children?’

‘Hang on, Sister,’ spluttered Murphy. ‘How can you condemn alcohol out of hand? Surely it’s wrong to form such a rash judgement when you’ve never tasted the stuff?’

‘Very well,’ said Sister Marie. Till taste it just to prove my point. Obviously I can’t go into the pub, so why don’t you bring me some gin. Oh, and just to camouflage my intent, maybe you should bring it in a cup not a glass!’

‘OK,’ said Murphy and into the bar he breezed.

‘I’ll have a large gin,’ he said to the barman. ‘And can you put it in a cup?’

‘My God,’ said the barman, ‘that nun’s not outside again is she?’

• 11 amk for obama
        February 6, 2013 at 7:38 pm

Oh, yeah ?

Best Irish Bar in The World

The first says: “Aye, this is a nice bar, but where I come from, there’s a better one. At MacDougal’s, you buy a drink, you buy another drink, and MacDougal himself will buy your third drink!”

The second then starts: “That sounds like a nice bar, but where I come from, there’s a better one called Quinns. At Quinns, you buy a drink, Quinn buys you a drink. You buy another drink, Quinn buys you another drink.”

Then the third pipes up. “You think that’s good? Where I come from, there’s this place called Murphy’s. At Murphy’s, they buy you your first drink, they buy you your second drink, they buy you your third drink, and then, they take you in the back and get you laid!”

“Wow!” say the other two. “That sounds fantastic! Did that actually happen to you?” “No,” replies their friend, “but it happened to my sister!”

February 6, 2013 at 7:23 pm

Ha. Ha.

3. February 6, 2013 at 7:23 pm

Ireland’s famous victory over Poland in an international friendly will ring through the ages.

February 6, 2013 at 7:23 pm

Ha. Ha. Ha.

I win the internetz.

5. February 6, 2013 at 7:25 pm

Congrats amk!

6. 19 vitaminlover
    February 6, 2013 at 7:25 pm

Ms Jewell looks up to the task.

7. 20 dotster3
    February 6, 2013 at 7:27 pm

I don’t want a skeet shooting, gun toting President Obama action figure. And it looks racist designed to me.

February 6, 2013 at 7:29 pm

I am always nervous when he takes to helos.

9. February 6, 2013 at 7:30 pm

10. 32 Pamella
    February 6, 2013 at 7:35 pm

Home now, my you are a busy lot! :)

• 33 Pamela
      February 6, 2013 at 7:42 pm

UhOh, how did my name become that weird? Chips? Any ideas?

• February 6, 2013 at 7:43 pm

Pamela, I noticed this strange creature lost in spam today, her name was…… Pamella. What’s with yer extra L? :-)

• 35 Pamela
          February 6, 2013 at 7:48 pm

Lost in Spam? Whoa! If that is true, how in the heck did I pick off a first place morning? Surely, surely you did not free me from incarceration and I STILL was first? If so, I had better get on down to buy that lotto ticket today, eh? :lol:

• 36 Pamela
          February 6, 2013 at 7:50 pm

It was a bloody typo! You’d think I would learn to wear my glasses before trying to type on my PHONE! Anyhow, I think all is smoothed out now, and thank you for throwing me a buoy!

• 37 Pamela
        February 6, 2013 at 7:44 pm

Never mind. I fixed it. I remember what happened, it was that astonishing first on the second thread. I wasn’t even online, honest and true. Those are the best firsts, because even when you screw up, it works somehow! :)

February 6, 2013 at 7:41 pm

This one is dedicated to you, chips.

A popular bar has a new robotic barman installed.

A guy comes in for a drink and the robot asks him: “What’s your IQ?”

The man replies: “130.”

So the robot goes on to make conversation about physics, astronomy and so on.

The man listens intently and thinks: “This is really cool.”

Another guy comes in for a drink and the robot asks him: “What’s your IQ?”

The man response: “100.” So the robot starts talking about TV, the weather and so on.

The man thinks to himself: “Wow, this is really cool.”

A third guy comes into the bar. As with the others the robot asks him: “What’s your IQ?”

The man replies: “80.”

The robot says: “So, how are manchester united doing these days?”

February 6, 2013 at 7:42 pm

Two Irishmen, Patrick Murphy and Shawn O’Brian grew up together and were lifelong friends. But alas, Patrick developed cancer, and was dying. While on his deathbed, Patrick called to his buddy, Shawn, “O’Brian, come ‘ere. I ‘ave a request for ye.” Shawn walked to his friend’s bedside and kneels.

“Shawny ole boy, we’ve been friends all our lives, and now I’m leaving ‘ere. I ‘ave one last request fir ye to do.”

O’Brian burst into tears, “Anything Patrick, anything ye wish. It’s done.”

“Well, under me bed is a box containing a bottle of the finest whiskey in all of Ireland. Bottled the year I was born it was. After I die, and they plant me in the ground, I want you to pour that fine whiskey over me grave so it might soak into me bones and I’ll be able to enjoy it for all eternity.”

O’Brian was overcome by the beauty and in the true Irish spirit of his friend’s request, he asked, “Aye, tis a fine thing you ask of me, and I will pour the whiskey. But, do you mind I strain it through me kidneys first?”

February 6, 2013 at 7:45 pm

There was once an Irishman named Murphy who walked into an American Bar. He sat down and asked the Bartender “Give me three shots o’ your finest Irish Whiskey!” the Bartender complies. He then drinks one glass after another.

After about a week the bartender asks, “Murphy, would it be better for yeh if I put all three shots of Irish Whiskey into one glass?”

Murphy replied, “well no. See I have two other brothers back at home, Patrick and Owen, and every time I come into a Pub or Bar I order a shot for each o’ them so I can remember the good times.”

Well, after another week of this routine, Murphy comes into the bar and only asks for two shots of Irish Whiskey. The bartender immediately says “Murphy, is everything ok? Did something happen to one of your brothers?” “Oh no”, Murphy said, “I just decided to quit drinkin”

14. 46 dotster3
    February 6, 2013 at 7:45 pm

I’ve noticed that more and more Repub run states are jumping on the trans vaginal probe bandwagon. Is this the new and improved, not crazy, Rove directed Repub Party? FAiL again!

• 47 prettyfoot58
      February 6, 2013 at 8:17 pm

ALEC & their cookie cutter bills…..stand your ground….voter id….anti abortion….right to work…

February 6, 2013 at 7:46 pm

Three men walk into a bar: a Frenchman, an Italian and an Irishman. Each orders one beer. Three flys fly into the bar and one fly lands in each man’s beer.

The Italian man plucks the fly out of his beer, says “tutto e bene” (all is well)” and drinks the beer.

The Frenchman shows his beer with the bug still inside it to the bartender and demands another beer.

The Irishman yanks the bug out of the beer, grabs it by it’s wings, shakes it while yelling

“Cough it up, you wee theivin’ bastard!”

February 6, 2013 at 7:46 pm

17. 54 JER
    February 6, 2013 at 7:47 pm

LIVE NOW: Vice President Biden speaks at Democratic retreat – http://www.cbsnews.com/liveFeed/widget.shtml

February 6, 2013 at 8:14 pm

thanks so much for this JER….you are always so on top of these things. From the sounds of the clapping…these dems are chickenshits….I don’t know how many people are in this meeting, but clapping seems tepid to me. Is it me?

February 6, 2013 at 8:00 pm

Paddy Englishman, Paddy Irishman and Paddy Scotsman all went to a hotel.

‘There is only one room left, and its on the top floor which is 90 floors up but the lift is broken, so you’ll have to take the stairs’ said the secretary.

They took the room and went up the stairs.

When they got to the 30th floor Paddy Englishman told a really sad story!

A little while later when they got to the 60th floor Paddy Scotsman told an even sadder story!

And finally, when they reached the top floor, Paddy Irishman told the saddest story ever!… ‘Ive left the keys on the front counter…’

19. February 6, 2013 at 8:04 pm

20. February 6, 2013 at 8:41 pm

The President to pick Penny Pritzker as Commerce Sec!