Mar

The Librul Media: Sunday Show guests since 2010

See the complete lists at Roll Call – can’t find a list for 2009, but presumably it was just as comical.

And …… this Sunday’s guests include:

ABC’s This Week: Gene Sperling, Kelly Ayotte

NBC’s Meet the Press: Gene Sperling, John Boehner, Rep. Raul Labrador

CBS’s Face the Nation: Dick Durbin, Cardinal Timothy Dolan and …… I’m not making this up …..Lindsey Graham and John McCain

Fox News Sunday: Mitt and Ann Romney. No, seriously.

As @BillinPortland said, they only want Sperling on “so they can keep milking the Woodward kerfuffle”. Although, he was good enough to say of his “Milking the Woodward” reference – “sorry for that visual”.

Thank you Lovely Plains (@DaRiverZkind) for the Roll Call link

94 Responses to “The Librul Media: Sunday Show guests since 2010”

1. 6 Roberta in MN
    March 1, 2013 at 8:17 pm

Goof Evening Chips & Congrats maryl

2. 7 Proud Former White House Intern
    March 1, 2013 at 8:17 pm

Interesting line up

3. 9 Roberta in MN
    March 1, 2013 at 8:18 pm

watching our man Jay, man did he go after that stupid press corp. Man there are some really lazy and stupid correspondence.

4. 11 kasai
    March 1, 2013 at 8:19 pm

Hello Tods:-)

5. March 1, 2013 at 8:20 pm

“Liberal media” is one of the big lies told by Republicans. Aren’t the Sunday shows royally sick of McCain and Graham by now?

6. 14 smoothscotch
    March 1, 2013 at 8:21 pm

Evening all. Difficult times. Time for a change in the house. These people are ????????

7. 15 kasai
    March 1, 2013 at 8:23 pm

While PBO takes his message directly to the people..Republicans relies on Media…because it’s guaranteed that they will carry their BS. and don’t have to worry about getting yelled by their constituents.
    What a sorry bunch…SMH!

• March 1, 2013 at 10:24 pm

I don’t know of anybody who watches them now, or who ever did. They seem like a place the press has their Sunday Brunch. It gives clips to the other news programs to make news and set their them.

March 1, 2013 at 8:24 pm

The media is a SCAM.

9. March 1, 2013 at 8:27 pm

Congrats Mary, evening fellow TOD’ers, Chips as always, thanks for the shoutout…

10. 20 Roberta in MN
    March 1, 2013 at 8:32 pm

Hi everyone, update on my friend who had surgery. She went home today. I won’t be in contact until tomorrow to see how she weathered the trips. it was a 5-6 hour trip. I got to see her before she left and had a good visit. She looked good and says she felt good. Cardio rehab she will do at home. Yahoo. Thanks again soooo much guys.

• March 1, 2013 at 9:07 pm

I’m sorry if I missed earlier thread, but is she have a heart surgery? My father had a septuple by-pass recently, and then some stints in his carotid arteries afterward. Let me know if you have any questions…. regardless best wishes for a speedy recovery.

11. March 1, 2013 at 8:34 pm

Think I’ll post this comment every day. LOL.

Is MSM complicit in not reporting how Congress’ “hard-earned” pay is siphoned from taxpayer coffers?

12. March 1, 2013 at 8:36 pm

Chips, I demand you use the Jedi Mind Meld and fix WP!

13. March 1, 2013 at 8:36 pm

Some machinations you may have missed throughout this busy day. Impressive list of D’s signed onto the amicus brief Harry Reid.

• 37 amk for obama
      March 1, 2013 at 8:45 pm

I don’t get the toon. Seems to be a ding of ssm though.

• March 1, 2013 at 8:47 pm

I thought it was celebrating the diversity, but I may have read it wrong…. I had a Simpson’s one I was gonna use, maybe should have gone w/ that to avoid confusion. Sorry bout that.

• March 1, 2013 at 10:19 pm

I saw diversity, too. But I didn’t read Sullivan’s blog. Too tedious. Nothing’s good enough for him. Actually I saw cake!

• 40 nathkatun7
          March 1, 2013 at 10:48 pm

I hope all these ungrateful gay bashers of President Obama carefully listened to him today! The Supreme Court is considering a specific case dealing with California’s prop 8. The U.S. government, represented by the SG, had to file a brief that is narrowly focused on the California law. It’s up to the Court to issue a ruling that goes beyond the specifics of CA’s proposition 8. The Court may chose to do so. But the President and his legal representatives would have overstepped their role by submitting a brief that went beyond the issue before the Court, which is CA’s proposition 8.

March 1, 2013 at 8:37 pm

So half of the sequester pain will be inflicted in mic (per BBC). I will take that as a silver lining.

• 42 4morefor44
      March 1, 2013 at 8:41 pm

does that mean most of it falling on the troops and their families, or is it equally the defense contractors? i have my guess…

• 43 amk for obama
        March 1, 2013 at 8:43 pm

I think with Hagel in charge, troops will not be failed.

• March 1, 2013 at 8:49 pm

Repost from earlier hope this answers your question 44

• 45 amk for obama
          March 1, 2013 at 9:07 pm

methinks it’s fear mongering from odi. I don’t trust a single soul in the top tier of us military. They all have an agenda, especially the ones from fighting the shrub’s illegal war.

• March 1, 2013 at 10:41 pm

I thought Odierno retired? In fact I thought I saw part of the ceremony. My mind is going. I agree with amk about the top tier. They shouldn’t be paying contractors more than troops. Cheney’s grandkids must serve since he didn’t! There are troops on food stamps. They can peel potatoes.

15. March 1, 2013 at 8:42 pm

Since this was the only *news* the WH press decided came out of the PBO briefing. @jmpalmieri & her impressive staff pumped this out!

16. March 1, 2013 at 8:43 pm
  17. March 1, 2013 at 8:49 pm
  18. March 1, 2013 at 8:51 pm
  19. March 1, 2013 at 8:51 pm

Ed calling Mitt a ‘class act on the campaign trail’ … yep that’s some librul media for ya

Fact

We Are The Media That Matters

March 1, 2013 at 8:58 pm
    March 1, 2013 at 9:02 pm

************* Breaking: President Obama signs order to begin $85 billion in sequester spending cuts ********************
    Source: Reuters

Pres Obama has now signed the sequestration order putting in place $85 bil in automatic spending cuts.

I thought this would happen as close to midnight as possible….something is up?

22. 77 99ts
    March 1, 2013 at 9:11 pm

Hello everyone – I can’t think of much at all to say today – except that I never thought – for the last 50 years – that a group of politicians in a so-called democracy could hate one person so much, that they would bring down their own country.

Perhaps since the end of the USSR, the US has thought too much about being the leader of the world – and too little about what is happening to its people at home. It appears to me that President Obama has been the first President since Kennedy to successfully address issues of major importance to the people of the US – and put them above war mongering and access to oil. The GOP survive on fear and the Bush Doctrine.

• 78 jackiegrumbacher
      March 1, 2013 at 9:28 pm

Well said, 99ts. I couldn’t agree more.

• 79 nathkatun7
      March 1, 2013 at 11:19 pm

“… I never thought – for the last 50 years – that a group of politicians in a so-called democracy could hate one person so much, that they would bring down their own country.”

Neither did I, 99ts! While 39% of white Americans have overcome the idiocy of racism, it appears that a majority of white Americans in the ruling class who dominate the media, business and Congress have no qualms destroying the country in order to destroy a black President. It seems to me that the only thing that will satisfy the Republicans, and their corporate media enablers, is the removal of President Obama from office. I think this is what this ruckus about Woodward is all about.

23. March 1, 2013 at 9:11 pm
  24. March 1, 2013 at 9:14 pm

SEQUESTRATION ORDER FOR FISCAL YEAR 2013 PURSUANT

TO SECTION 251A OF THE BALANCED BUDGET AND

EMERGENCY DEFICIT CONTROL ACT, AS AMENDED

By the authority vested in me as President by the laws of the United States of America, and in accordance with section 251A of the Balanced Budget and Emergency Deficit Control Act, as amended (the “Act”), 2 U.S.C. 901a, I hereby order that budgetary resources in each non-exempt budget account be reduced by the amount calculated by the Office of Management and Budget in its report to the Congress of March 1, 2013.

Pursuant to sections 250(c)(6), 251A, and 255(e) of the Act, budgetary resources subject to sequestration shall be new budget authority, unobligated balances of defense function accounts carried over from prior fiscal years, direct spending authority, and obligation limitations.

All sequestrations shall be made in strict accordance with the requirements of section 251A of the Act and the specifications of the Office of Management and Budget’s report of March 1, 2013, prepared pursuant to section 251A(11) of the Act.

BARACK OBAMA

THE WHITE HOUSE,

March 1, 2013.

March 1, 2013 at 9:16 pm

“Milking the Woodward” I laugh so as not to think of the amount of brain bleach needed to get that visual out of my mind.

26. 84 prettyfoot58
    March 1, 2013 at 9:19 pm
  27. 85 prettyfoot58
    March 1, 2013 at 9:20 pm
    • 86 prettyfoot58
      March 1, 2013 at 9:21 pm

This cannot be right….and they are debating whether th voting rights act is still needed….

• March 1, 2013 at 9:44 pm

As I posted on the last thread, according to Rachel Maddow that means that now 47% of black people in Michigan have had their votes negated.

28. March 1, 2013 at 9:21 pm

Our favorite people’s warrior has Wall St., K St., and Regulators quaking in their boots! A Reuters profile:

March 1, 2013 at 9:30 pm

You know what chaps my ass? The FIRST thing to be cut off should be the salaries/perks of this CONgress! They have no skin in the game! None of this effects them. Bad enough they don’t work for their constituents, OR their hefty paychecks!
    I just got polled by Gallup. I told them I thought PBO was doing a fabulous job!!

30. 91 Jovie
    March 1, 2013 at 10:01 pm

Well, what did you guys think was going to happen? The President does not allow K street in the WH, he hates big oil and big coal, and he regulated the banks for first time in a long while.
    I would say, judging by all the feathers he has ruffled, this kind of abuse is expected. :(

• 92 Jovie
      March 1, 2013 at 10:03 pm

Oh yeah, he regulated the Health insurance industry.
      Good grief! Is it any wonder that they want to destroy Him?
      That’s why he needs us!

• 93 nathkatun7
      March 1, 2013 at 11:27 pm

You are absolutely spot-on, Jovie! Yet the PL has the audacity to call him a tool of Corporations. And, big oil and banks have made record profits during his four years in office. As Hopefruit says, the Obama Derangement Syndrome boggles the mind.

31. 94 Bill
    March 2, 2013 at 6:58 am

Another example of the librul press: The New YorkTimes features an Op-Ed this morning by Joe Scarborough calling the discussion on the cuts in the sequesrter a “soap opera”. So Joe who does nothing but run his mouth is presenting himself as knowing more than the experts in government on the effects of the cuts and the Times is informing us of his views.