Mar

President Obama’s Israel, Palestine & Jordan Schedule

All times Israeli – Jerusalem is 6 hours head of Washington, DC:

Wednesday:

12:15 p.m.: President Obama lands at Israel’s international airport and is received with an honor guard. President Shimon Peres and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu lead the welcoming committee. President Obama speaks briefly and visits an Iron Dome battery. The President then helicopters to Jerusalem.

4:00 p.m.: Peres hosts President Obama at a ceremonial welcome, followed by a working session.

5:20 p.m.: Netanyahu hosts President Obama for the trip’s most substantive talks, through the late afternoon into the evening.

8:10 p.m.: Netanyahu and President Obama hold a joint press conference, then move to a working dinner and more talks, before President Obama retires to his suite at the nearby King David Hotel.

Thursday:

9:00 a.m.: President Obama visits the Israel Museum to see the Dead Sea Scrolls, tours an exhibit showcasing Israeli innovations, and meets local high-tech entrepreneurs.

11:00 a.m.: President Obama travels to Ramallah, holds meetings with Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas and Prime Minister Salaam Fayyad, delivers an address to young Palestinians.

4:40 p.m.: President Obama delivers the key public address of his visit at Jerusalem’s International Convention Center.

5:40 p.m.: The President meets with US diplomatic staff at the American Consulate in Jerusalem. He then returns to the President’s Residence, where Netanyahu joins him and Peres. In a late addition to the schedule, a pre-dinner meeting has also been slotted in for the President and Israel’s new opposition leader, Labor party chair Shelly Yachimovich.

8:00 p.m.: Peres hosts President Obama for a state dinner where he will be awarded the Presidential Medal of Distinction.

Friday:

8:40 a.m.: President Obama visits Mount Herzl and lays wreaths on the graves of Theodor Herzl and Yitzhak Rabin.

9:30 a.m.: Tours the Yad Vashem Holocaust memorial museum.

12:00 p.m.: Visits the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem.

3 p.m: Says goodbye at an official send-off at the airport, with Peres leading the farewells.

Arrives Jordan, meets with King Abdullah II, holds a joint press conference. Rest of Jordan schedule to be confirmed.

Saturday:

President Obama returns to Washington, DC.

204 Responses to “President Obama’s Israel, Palestine & Jordan Schedule”

1. 1 Alycee (@jazziz2)
    March 19, 2013 at 9:20 pm

Good evening!

2. March 19, 2013 at 9:21 pm

Effort at first..

March 19, 2013 at 9:24 pm

Best wishes, Mr President.

4. 23 Dudette
    March 19, 2013 at 9:25 pm

Good evening Folks! Wassssuppp? :-D

• March 19, 2013 at 9:33 pm

Sup Dudette!! You seen 99ts? I gotta ask her about this…..check it out, from down under.

• 25 Dudette
        March 19, 2013 at 9:37 pm

Yep, that’d do it! LOL!

• 26 99ts
        March 20, 2013 at 4:16 am

Hi lp – I did see that – I tend to be on the statue’s side – sometimes idiots can only be stopped with some physical action. Reminds me of my better half – he is a true nerd – and was a thin little chap with very thick glasses when a child. He was bullied non-stop & eventually his uncle suggested he throw a punch – so he did – and was utterly amazed that no-one ever bullied him again.

I abhor violence – but with true dickheads it is hard to find an alternative.

March 19, 2013 at 9:29 pm

Thought I would bring LL’s message over here that he posted at the end of the thread ….hope he doesn’t mind, but we all wanted updates!

LL’s last post on previous thread:

Well, reading through the cowardice of pulling the assault weapons ban makes me think I should focus on the missus for the next few days and avoid the US news. I often think amk goes a bit overboard in his dismay at the US, but today I think he may be right.

Missus is home. I have to go pick up a blood thinner to avoid blood clots for her later tonight. Tomorrow she’s seeing visitors. I’m going to try and keep her occupied with her supervising me finally attacking the garage.

Thank you ALL again for the well wishes and support. Between you guys and my real life family and friends, we’ve been enveloped in a cocoon. I’ll check in with everyone tomorrow, where I can again shake my head at how hard it is to change a country to common sense.

• March 19, 2013 at 9:36 pm

Thank you for letting us know how things are at home. Best wishes for the Missus.

• 29 GGail
      March 19, 2013 at 11:15 pm

Thank you df for bringing LL’s message over here. I would have missed it altogether.

To LL: So happy to hear that the Missus is home and that you are taking good care of her. Love and support from your LA neighbor on her continued recovery.

• 30 theo67
      March 20, 2013 at 2:29 am

So glad for the update! Yes – avoid the nonsense of the media and cowardly Congress, and focus on Mrs. LL and getting her better. So much more productive!

March 19, 2013 at 9:31 pm

Howdy everyone. Congrats Alycee! Everyone else packed properly for this trip? I totally forgot to get myself ready, so now I haven’t a clue what to expect. Will just go with the flow, I guess.

• March 19, 2013 at 9:33 pm

Sheesh. Remember the time you brought snow boots to Brazil? :roll:

March 19, 2013 at 9:35 pm

Jeez louise, is nothing sacred between us? I like to be prepared, okay? In my corner of the world you never know WHAT the heavens may send your way.

• March 19, 2013 at 9:40 pm

And then there was the time you brought a bikini to the Himalayas. :roll:

March 19, 2013 at 9:44 pm

Aha, caught you there! Don’t believe a word she says TODobots; the Obamas haven’t been to the Himalayas….yet, and I only use Chips-Obama Travel when I go on trips with POTUS & FLOTUS. So there, you tattle-tale!

March 19, 2013 at 9:33 pm

:) MSNBC site says that Palestinian and Israelis are “Meh” about PBO visiting. Yeah. Right.

8. 40 Dudette
    March 19, 2013 at 9:36 pm

• 41 yardarm756
      March 19, 2013 at 9:40 pm

This dude seems to be surrounded by money schemes and corruption. The people down there must be on dope and dog biscuits. :-D

March 19, 2013 at 10:29 pm

Maybe we can get Florida, and afew other states out of the hands of those right wing crazy ass Republicans.

March 19, 2013 at 10:31 pm

The news sure haven’t said very much about Florida Lt. Governor resigning, if it was a Democrat it would be 24/7 news.

9. 44 yardarm756
    March 19, 2013 at 9:36 pm

A random thought.

10. March 19, 2013 at 9:37 pm

11. March 19, 2013 at 9:38 pm

12. March 19, 2013 at 9:43 pm

Looks like Van Jones is CNN’s new guy…..

• 62 yardarm756
      March 19, 2013 at 10:44 pm

I’m not that impressed with Jones.

• March 19, 2013 at 10:48 pm

me neither, I dont even know if he is just a “quota” hire or what…….but the fact they are letting Roland go, and James Carville/Matalin…….I guess they want to look younger and fresher w/ Zucker at the helm. I’m sure we still be overdosed w/ Gergen though

• 64 yardarm756
          March 19, 2013 at 10:53 pm

None of them piss me of as much as that Castellanos person and the bald headed Indian. Ugh, I gotta go take a shower. :-(

13. 69 kathryn kivett
    March 19, 2013 at 9:46 pm

Yes, Bill….NC is a hot mess…I spit my drink out all over the computer when you said Virginia Foxx in place of Kay Hagan….might make me have to rethink my vote….OMG the horrors….

LL…have you and your Missus in my thoughts…glad the surgery is behind you all….hey, I want her job….Supervisor of Garage Cleaner outer person….what fun for her ; ^ )

• 70 Bill
      March 19, 2013 at 9:58 pm

Virginia Foxx does not receive the attention that the half term governor and Michele Bachmann do, but I think she is worse in that she has the hate and nastiness they do but she also has the support of the GOP.

• 71 COS
        March 19, 2013 at 10:04 pm

THIS!!!!!! She really says dumb stuff.

• 72 kathryn kivett
          March 19, 2013 at 10:36 pm

Well, IMO, MB and SP are just plain dumb people so much in love with themselves that they don’t even know they say dumb things…on the other hand…..Virginia Foxx is a vicious, hatefilled dumb person which is much more dangerous…..and the dumb things she says she believes from the bottom of her heart….OMG I may have to move.

• 73 Dudette
        March 19, 2013 at 10:19 pm

She’s an evil old biddy. Can’t believe people actually voted her into office.

• 74 COS
          March 19, 2013 at 10:28 pm

Dudette, her constituents must be uninformed. She is an old version of Palin, in the way she thinks. I would bet u money that she is an avid churchgoer.

March 19, 2013 at 10:35 pm

I know all about that crazy ass Virginia Fox. What a disgrace.

14. 76 zekke Lydonna
    March 19, 2013 at 9:57 pm

15. March 19, 2013 at 9:59 pm

Hey, good evening y’all… Have messed up my knee a bit earlier, so am taking it very easy tonight, elevating with hot and cold packs, Topricin, pain relief, etc…. Kinda tired tho, so will bow out now, gracefully I hope! See y’all tomorrow….. {{{{Chipsticks}}}}. {{{{{{PBO}}}}}}. {{{{TOD}}}}

• 86 mtmarilyn
      March 19, 2013 at 10:57 pm

Take care MP!!! Thanks for the candles. Stay off that knee.

• 87 theo67
      March 20, 2013 at 2:46 am

Feel better, MightyPamela. I’ve been labouring with a sprained ankle the last two weeks (while moving house…), so you have my sympathies. Don’t try to do too much.

16. 88 globalcitizenlinda
    March 19, 2013 at 10:06 pm

felt very emotional as I watched Air Force One take PBO to Israel (thanks CBS for providing the live feed).

After a brief reflection on why this trip had that strong impact before PBO was hardly off from US soil, I think I may know why.

It has a lot to do with how much bias/disrespect/distrust SOME VERY VOCAL supporters & citizens of Israel have shown to PBO.

Although some claim that their behavior is because of his policies as President, I recall that this antagonism started before he was elected POTUS.

Of course I have never lived in that part of the world so I don’t know what life is really like.

However, I thought that PBO was suggesting a path which appears to be able to protect the future of peace and survival. Given the major changes taking place in their neighborhood, any one who cares about the future of Israel would work hard to ensure that the future of their state is not overtaken by these events and by demographic trends.

I will find it very hard to ever forgive Bibi for the level of disrespect he showed to PBO’s face right there in The Oval Office. I also recall how many members of congress and senate (of both parties) publicly took Bibi’s side and contradicted PBO.

I hope that there is a chance for progress towards peace for all concerned

March 19, 2013 at 11:18 pm

President Obama’s mind, heart, and soul will always prevail against the negativity he has to put up with … thinking of that is what keeps me going through some of this. God will keep him safe abroad, all those he meets will be touched by his sincerity and awesomeness as a leader, and we will have him back home where he belongs soon! I join you in your hopes for peace for all concerned.

• 90 theo67
      March 20, 2013 at 2:49 am

I’m with you, GCL. I will never forget Bibi’s disrespect of this President, and his refusal to set the record straight as to President Obama’s unwavering support of Israel throughout his presidency. Bibi is the same as the US Neocons, and the fact that he went to school with Romney, and inserted himself into the campaign spoke volumes. I wish President Obama never had to set foot in Israel, but the fact is, there are plenty of decent Israelis there, who deserve to see the President and to have his support. Bibi will get his just desserts.

17. March 19, 2013 at 10:19 pm

• 92 Dudette
      March 19, 2013 at 11:37 pm

Please, please let this work and fast! I have 3 family members at 18 months and more waiting for their benefits. They need what’s due to them. This is their lifeline.

March 19, 2013 at 10:20 pm

I see that Glen Greenwald’s arse is getting a royal spanking on Twitter, thanks to JeffersonObama, Scott Flinley, Chips, others, etc. They are hitting him with FACTS about his not so kosher past when it comes to his endorsement of illegal wars and blind trust in GWB, his defense of White supremacists, his hateful rhetoric about immigrants, etc., and his current deranged obsession with and hatred of President Obama….

As Jodi Kantor would say: Hmmm….

March 19, 2013 at 10:29 pm

20. 98 Dudette
    March 19, 2013 at 10:32 pm

How ’bout some flyin’ music?

21. 99 Dudette
    March 19, 2013 at 10:39 pm

22. 102 kasai
    March 19, 2013 at 10:50 pm

Good Evening yall!!!

Beautiful pics Chips…Thank you:-) I miss him already….Safe Travel Mr. President…
    I can’t wait till he meets my Ethiopian sista:-) Is making BIG NEWS in my country…hehehehe..My sister keeps calling me from Milan…The Ethiopian Community is soooooooooo excited that she’s meeting President Obama..lol! they call him (His Royalty President Obama) The Blessed….Africa Loves him some Obama…for sure :-) :-)
    Anyhow I read some about Miss Israel..her story is of hope…She was taken from an orphanage in Ethiopia to Israel…while in H.School, she wrote an essay about President Obama…I am thinking…maybe that’s why PBO’s staff requested her presence…..her story of “hope” reflect that of Pres. Obama…”No matter Who you are..or where you come from you can make it.
    Case in point: An Ethiopian Orphan..makes it to be first Black “Miss Israel” in history….and then dine with the most powerful Man on earth.
    Amazing Grace……..God is good!

This trip is one emotional roller coaster for me and my whole family!!! Just happy to be alive…..that’s all

(hugs)

23. 109 globalcitizenlinda
    March 19, 2013 at 10:55 pm

I did not closely read the caption on the photos in the previous post so I missed the gem title of the 3rd in line to the Presidencythat Chips assigned him. my sides are hurting from laughing so hard

Chips, you need to trademark this appropriate gem: “House Speaker Rusty Sunbed, R-Ohio”. Simply precious

24. 110 Jovie
    March 19, 2013 at 11:07 pm

Harry is getting a vote on the CR in the morning, final passage this week. And then what? Back to the house?
    Don’t get me started on Reid, he is the Weakest majority leader in the history of the senate.
    One word- TIMID!
    Anyways…

25. 111 Dudette
    March 19, 2013 at 11:10 pm

Okay, this one is a little premature, but this is some good stuff…

26. 114 Dudette
    March 19, 2013 at 11:21 pm

Somebody bring me a bucket of water please?!!

27. 115 proudmemberofglobalzero
    March 19, 2013 at 11:26 pm

Hi all. Just got off work. I look forward to all the Posts from Chips this week. I am so excited about this trip I cannot put it into words. Chips…I will be tweeting out each blog post to all the media. They should be all over this trip this week.

Thank you to everyone for advise about getting rid of old computers. I found out through my county that there is a recycling center for such things 2 miles from my house. I have no idea what I would do without the smart caring people on this blog.

• 116 Dudette
      March 19, 2013 at 11:32 pm

Hey PMOGZ! Good to see you!

Great to hear you and other TODers are out there taking care of the planet! Way to go! [hi-five] :-)

28. 117 Dudette
    March 19, 2013 at 11:27 pm

Well, we know you can’t serenade The President (or FLOTUS) without throwing in some Stevie! :-)

March 19, 2013 at 11:28 pm

AMEN! Every damn Dem in the House and Senate should say this…and repeat it over and over.

30. 119 kasai
    March 19, 2013 at 11:31 pm

While America Media is busy hating, some parts of the world are busy honoring a Great Leader:-) Oh ya!! PBO will also visit where Jesus was born:-) hope HistoryChannel pays close attention.

Preparations for U.S. President Barack Obama’s visit to Israel are on a scale unprecedented in this country – bigger, for example, than for the French president or the British prime minister, according to the Foreign Ministry.

• 120 carolyn
      March 19, 2013 at 11:55 pm

The fact that preparations for President Obama’s visit are on a “scale unprecedented in this country…” is as it should be.
      He is after all THE MOST IMPORTANT PERSON IN THE WORLD! Even though our legislators act like he is their servant. It seems to me that little Benjy is almost begging for POTUS to pay attention to him, now that he is having to share power. President Obama is getting their highest decoration, there is a state dinner for him…..he’s addressing the people as HE wanted to…..once again President Obama plays the long game. Bibi thought he had a little “victory”…..no, he just looks smaller than ever while the President bestrides the world.

One thing about the Senate, having worked there, I know that things are not always what they seem to the public. It is an arcane, slow moving institution sometimes, and so much goes on in back channels, that I’m going to wait and see what happens with some of these proposals. I think Ted Cruz has had a vivid object lesson for instance in the last week that he has been totally out of place, and if he wants to get anything done in the Senate, he’d better behave. Elizabeth Warren is doing her homework and impressing Senators and bankers and the public alike. She is made for this job.

Speaking of a long game…..I know it’s been TEN YEARS!!! but the truth is finally coming out about Cheney’s, and Rumsfeld’s and Bush’s lies and even some of the press are beginning to question their actions. Christiane Amanpour sure is, and Eugene Robinson did last night. The press was complicit in these lies, and they are now open to the world to see. What evil war criminals these men are.

March 19, 2013 at 11:32 pm

Its a replay but Jon Favreau is on The Colbert Report …

32. 128 Dudette
    March 19, 2013 at 11:41 pm

Probably too soon to call this a classic, but boy did I play the hell out of this and everything on the X & Y album

33. March 19, 2013 at 11:44 pm

I thought this was hysterical!!

34. 131 dotster3
    March 19, 2013 at 11:51 pm

35. March 19, 2013 at 11:56 pm

CNN needs to contemplate this Degas painting…

36. 139 dotster3
    March 20, 2013 at 12:08 am

• 140 mtmarilyn
      March 20, 2013 at 12:41 am

I am sorry to say two of them are my Senators, Baucus and Tester. I have left messages at their office. This is a tough state to be a strong progressive democrat. I will keep working on them.

37. 141 dotster3
    March 20, 2013 at 12:23 am

38. 142 Dudette
    March 20, 2013 at 12:32 am

Israelis welcome President Obama

39. March 20, 2013 at 12:39 am

Bedtime here….

40. 152 Dudette
    March 20, 2013 at 12:41 am

More on the trip…

The Embassy of Israel to the United States

Virtual tour of some of the sites The President will visit

41. 154 Dudette
    March 20, 2013 at 12:41 am

42. 155 Dudette
    March 20, 2013 at 12:43 am

43. 157 yardarm756
    March 20, 2013 at 12:47 am

Taps

Taps, Light out. All hands turn into your bunks, maintain silence about the decks. The smoking lamp is out in all berthing spaces. Now Taps.

I’m outta gas ’til sunrise.

44. 159 Dudette
    March 20, 2013 at 12:49 am

45. 160 Dudette
    March 20, 2013 at 12:52 am

Tweet from Queen Noor of Jordan

46. March 20, 2013 at 1:27 am

My Portland OFA group is having a stop the sequester press conference and rally Wednesday 3/20

47. 162 Dudette
    March 20, 2013 at 1:28 am

Alright, looks like I’m the last one out! Goodnight everybody! [... leaving the lights on for the early birds]

48. 163 theo67
    March 20, 2013 at 3:06 am

One almost forgets how important President Obama is to the whole world. I love these foreign trips, and can’t wait to see footage of this trip to the Middle East. I wish I could stay up to watch his arrival live, but I have an early morning meeting. Salute to all those who will be playing witness to history! This should be really good… :)

• 164 99ts
      March 20, 2013 at 4:24 am

And the world recognizes that – despite the GOP. I find it sad that the US media thinks Israel is so much more important than the rest of the world – to my mind it is amazing that such a small state can wield such international power. I guess like buying property – all about location, location.

49. 165 99ts
    March 20, 2013 at 4:22 am

Hi everyone

just a too busy couple of days – if anyone sees deputy amk around – a couple of days ago he wanted to talk cricket – I think cause Australia was losing – Kerry Packer (a past media magnate in our world) ruined Australian cricket in c. 1977 cause he wanted to make money out of the sport – been downhill ever since. Before that time, I could quote cricket statistics like PBO can talk basketball – but post 1977 – not much interested.

• 166 amk for obama
      March 20, 2013 at 7:30 am

packer was a quarter century ago and while his idea of ‘gaming’ the cricket was a flop after an initial success, cricket is now as bad as any other sport as for as money making goes. We have now butchered the cricket into 20/20 overs ‘tests’ where it’s brawn over brain/

But the aussies have been undisputed champs (after the collapse of west indies) for the past nearly 15 years. Now they’re suffering from the west indies syndrome i.e. yung’uns were not properly groomed while the going was good for them. It’s a curse every cricketing nation goes through. Though they are our ‘sworn enemies’, I’ve always admired the aussies’ grit and risk taking in cricket.

• 167 99ts
        March 20, 2013 at 8:39 am

Packer was closer to 35 years ago – and that’s really the last time I followed cricket. I was affixed to the 1977 centenary test – England/Australia in Melbourne – and I don’t think the game ever recovered from Packer. The days of Lilley & the Chappels and a few others saw some great cricket. I saw Greg Chapel at the Gabba get 87 runs in under an hour – last day of a Shield match (state competition). There were maybe 100 people there – I have never seen better. I learnt cricket via the radio – we lived in the bush & my dad had it on night and day – I was a bit young for Bradman – just as well or I mightn’t be here now.

I thought the 40 over games were OK – but the 20/20 is all hype. I guess you are right that all sport is about money – but I so liked cricket before all that happened – rather like the Olympic games when only amateur sports people could compete. In my opinion. money ruined a lot of sport in my world – cricket being one. The recent media spat between players/coach/whoever a prime example. Just not as many kids playing any sport today compared to times past – one reason why there is a lack of youth players – but a few losses often encourages new folks to come looking – so good to see some others in the limelight.

50. 168 susanne
    March 20, 2013 at 5:04 am

the plot thickens…..

‘ HONOLULU (AP) – A civilian defense contractor accused of giving his Chinese girlfriend military secrets worked on developing military plans to deter potential U.S. enemies when the two began their romance, according to his online professional profile and court documents.
    ~
    The LinkedIn profile says he moved to a different department last May to work on cybersecurity. During that month, the FBI claims, Bishop emailed military secrets to the woman, including war plans and information on nuclear weapons.

Several months later, Bishop told the woman about the planned deployment of U.S. strategic nuclear systems and the ability of the U.S. to detect low- and medium-range ballistic missiles of other nations, the affidavit alleges.
    ~
    Larry Wortzel, a member of the U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission, said the allegations aren’t surprising or shocking.

China has used sexual entrapment in the past, both inside and outside that country, he said.

As an Army Reserve officer and defense contractor, Bishop would have had security briefings on the topic and understand how sex can be used to target people for intelligence, Wortzel said.
    ~
    Authorities allege Bishop intentionally hid his romance from the government, even though his position and security clearance require him to report contact with foreign nationals.

An acquaintance of Bishop through the local chapter of Freemasons said Bishop was a member of the Honolulu lodge. The acquaintance, who insisted on anonymity because he was not authorized to speak on behalf of the Freemasons, said he ran into Bishop unexpectedly in October on campus at the University of Hawaii at Manoa, where Bishop said he was taking Saturday Chinese classes. ‘

51. March 20, 2013 at 6:04 am

If anyone is up, here is a livestream of PBO’s arrival in a few minutes!!

52. March 20, 2013 at 6:14 am

PBO has landed safely in Israel.

53. March 20, 2013 at 6:19 am

54. March 20, 2013 at 6:23 am

TODers, wake up! This is very exciting!

March 20, 2013 at 6:25 am

Pres. Obama is in Israel. AF1 has landed.

56. 180 JER
    March 20, 2013 at 6:25 am

Good Morning Meta. I’m watching.

57. March 20, 2013 at 6:34 am

Wonderful to see POTUS in Israel! May God keep him safe!

March 20, 2013 at 6:39 am

59. 185 prettyfoot58
    March 20, 2013 at 6:52 am

Mr Perez acknowlegement of PBO is heartfelt and historic…i wish i had UTs ability ro live tweet….

60. March 20, 2013 at 6:54 am

Hot mic at welcoming ceremony. Not sure PBO is aware of this! PBO greeted Peres, “Hello, my brother.” Also remarked to Netanyahu, “good to get away from Congress.” He is exceedingly polite to everyone he meets. He is such a sweet, warm man.

61. March 20, 2013 at 6:55 am

A very warm welcome on all counts.

62. March 20, 2013 at 6:58 am

Bibi now acting like BFF. Bwwahahhaaaa! Eat your words, Bibi!

• 191 utaustinliberal
      March 20, 2013 at 7:18 am

Hahaha. Yeah, that was hilarious to watch. After injecting himself into our election with his ugly and blatant support for Romney, it’s nice to see him eat crow.

63. 192 prettyfoot58
    March 20, 2013 at 7:13 am

64. 195 Ladyhawke
    March 20, 2013 at 7:30 am

I just saw our charming and elegant President Obama talking off his jacket and casually throwing it over his shoulder. As always, looking comfortable in his own skin. Then I got a chuckle when Bibi followed soon after by taking off his jacket and throwing it over his shoulder.

• March 20, 2013 at 7:34 am

PBO is looking incredibly fit and trim. He looks like he may be slimmer than usual.

The most important thing as you note is that he is so comfortable with himself. He exudes warmth and confidence.

65. 197 Jovie
    March 20, 2013 at 7:41 am

As it turns out, it was Bill Clinton and his DLC crowd trying to muscle out Ashley Judd and not President Obama.
    You see the game Howard Fineman played?
    The DLC crowd is digging up more dirt on Ashley than McConell. :(. :(

March 20, 2013 at 7:42 am

67. 202 globalcitizenlinda
    March 20, 2013 at 8:01 am

enjoying watching PBO in Israel. Good luck POTUS

68. 203 Jovie
    March 20, 2013 at 8:02 am

Again, the US media has blacked out when the President goes overseas.
    This his first trip to Israel, very little coverage, and chuck Todd throwing cold water on it.
    It was the media that killed gun control legislation. It was the media that only cared about WH tours being canceled, it was the media who forced this crap about drones down our throats.
    But, they don’t have any time to cover this President on a major middle east trip?
    Is there no shame?

69. 204 Jovie
    March 20, 2013 at 8:06 am

Btw- this Administration has found no evidence on chemical weapons being used in Syria.
    Graham was on the news this morning, saying it has used them, and we Have to send in Troops.
    Beat that War drum, can you hear it?