Mar

20 Completely Random Perfect Pics: President Obama in Israel/West Bank

President Obama views the Dead Sea Scrolls at the Israel Museum in Jerusalem

Just beautiful

President Obama and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas pose for a photo with Palestinian children during a welcoming ceremony in the West Bank city of Ramallah

Okay, photos with Palestinian kids will get me every time

President Obama at a cultural event with Palestinian Prime Minister Salam Fayyad at the Al Bireh Youth Center in Ramallah

Golden smiles x 2

President Obama is welcomed by Palestinian girls during his visit to Al Bera Youth Center in Ramallah

No pic from the trip will top this

President Obama introduces Secretary of State John Kerry to Israeli President Peres

And Barack was the keynote speaker at the 2004 convention …. life’s just wacky

President Obama signs a guest book at the residence of Israeli President Peres in Jerusalem

Can never resist a ‘signing’ pic

President Obama and President Peres at Ben Gurion airport

I think they like each other

President Obama and President Peres listen to 13-year old Daniel Pruzansky sing

Sweet

“So, how did your campaigning for Romney go?”

President Obama arrives at the residence of Israel’s President Shimon Peres in Jerusalem

President Obama is greeted by children as he arrives at the residence of Israeli President Peres

The warmest of welcomes

President Obama talks to officials during a welcoming ceremony on his arrival at Ben Gurion International Airport

I love this because it looks like Pete Souza is receiving an official welcome too, which he should. Legend

President Obama at the Ben Gurion Airport

Jacket casually draped over shoulder while walking purposefully? Like I was going to leave this one out? Huh

President Peres and President Obama embrace during a state dinner hosted by Peres in Jerusalem

Respect. Of the mutual kind

President Obama with Miss Israel, Yityish Aynaw

President Obama tries to hear a person yelling at him during his speech at the International Convention Center in Jerusalem

This is how to deal with hecklers. Pure class

President Obama and PM Netanyahu take a bite of matzah as they tour the Technology Expo in Jerusalem

Mmmmm, matzahs

President Obama and PM Netanyahu look at a snake-shaped robot which can be used in search and rescue operations during a tour of a technology exposition at the Israel Museum

Geek. Another reason why Dudette adores him

President Obama and PM Netanyahu speak with Professor Amir Geva, head of the biomedical signal processing and pattern recognition lab at the Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, as they tour a technology expo at the Israel Museum

Nice hat

The MSM who forecast a hostile reception for President Obama in Israel and the West Bank

Oooops

Photos: Getty/Reuters/AP

♥♥♥♥♥ 100 gazillion thanks again to UT for all her stupendous posting work today ♥♥♥♥♥

217 Responses to “20 Completely Random Perfect Pics: President Obama in Israel/West Bank”

1. 4 Proud Former White House Intern
    March 21, 2013 at 9:38 pm

Beautiful photographs

2. March 21, 2013 at 9:38 pm

Are they all of half-naked men? :grin:

3. 9 Dudette
    March 21, 2013 at 9:41 pm

Stunning photos!! Thank you Chips!

4. 12 vitaminlover
    March 21, 2013 at 9:42 pm

Peres seems to be drawn to our beloved Pesident.

• 13 Dudette
      March 21, 2013 at 9:53 pm

Can ya blame him? :-D

• March 21, 2013 at 10:00 pm

He is like an older father figure. They both understand deep in their being what the people want is peace.

March 21, 2013 at 10:01 pm

I think Peres is a decent kind hearted man, and he knows one when he sees one. Not a perfect man, either one of them, but good men who only want to make people’s lives better.

March 21, 2013 at 10:32 pm

Not like the Republicans who only care about the rich, but the ones who is at the bottom, the ones who is middle class, POTUS want these people to have a chance at the American dream. You know that 47% the Republicans can’t stand.

5. 17 Dudette
    March 21, 2013 at 9:42 pm

Love the egg-face! LOL!!

6. March 21, 2013 at 9:43 pm

Just a quick HELLO TOD! No stamina at all, but if anyone who has never fractured a patella, and is thinking of trying it ~ JUST DON’T. Okay? Wish I could catch up, but wishes are fishes…… One day I will return! ;)

7. March 21, 2013 at 9:43 pm

Beautiful random photos, captions: Priceless! :smile:

8. March 21, 2013 at 9:43 pm

Thanks for the thread Chips, Congrats Carol……..I saw that matzo pic earlier, could not resist.

9. March 21, 2013 at 9:44 pm

Oh, I LOVE THIS!!

10. March 21, 2013 at 9:44 pm

Bibi’s schmoozing was creeping me out.

In any case. I hope the visit, the speech and the youth listening today lead to a peace agreement. The petty side of me wants one in Pres.Obama’s term just so I can see the reaction of the American press and GOP. It would be EPIC!!!

11. March 21, 2013 at 9:46 pm

From the bottom of the previous thread … relevant for tomorrow’s votes in the Senate …

Senator Stabenow Amendment to the House 2014 Budget to prevent vouchers from replacing current Medicare benefits now being voted in the Senate.

BTW, Senate has already rejected the House budget plan 40-59 (5 Republicans voted No).

Stabenow Amendment passes 96-3

Crazy Grassley now proposing a ridiculous Amendment that would do major harm to the middle class ….

Senator Murray now calmly rips Grassley and reminds everyone that only a balanced approach is viable and that new revenue is required …

Voting begins again, in the Senate, at 11a EDT, 22 March …

Grassley Amendment defeated 45-54

12. March 21, 2013 at 9:49 pm

March 21, 2013 at 9:50 pm

“So, how did your campaigning for Romney go?”

cruel blog tyrant.

14. 91 kasai
    March 21, 2013 at 9:54 pm

(((UTA)) ((Chips))) Thank you so much for this wonderful “News of the Day”….Just when I thought I had shed enough tears on Inauguration day..then comes this speech in Israel…I am in awe of our President. He truly Is One of the greatest Leader on this planet.
    Blessed to be alive!
    VIVA OBAMA!!!!

• 92 LDS
      March 21, 2013 at 10:58 pm

Kasai: Just want to say that Miss Israel is very beautiful and elegant. She really represents well. I am so glad that she got to meet PBO.
      She and he are making history at the same time. How divine is that? I know Enoch is smiling down from Heaven upon her. Very proud of her.

15. March 21, 2013 at 9:55 pm

Historical, for sure ….

“But the speech itself gave the Palestinians a much deeper recognition, and one they’ve never fully received from American officials in the past. Obama went to enormous lengths to humanize the Palestinians, comparing them to his own daughters and to the young people of Israel. He did not simply reiterate the American commitment to a two-state solution, he spoke of the “Palestinian people’s right to … justice.” This can only be seen as a clear, albeit implicit statement that the status quo of occupation is an ongoing injustice. He challenged his Israeli audience to “look at the world through their [Palestinian] eyes,” which speaks to the Palestinian need to be acknowledged as fully equal human beings by the Israelis. And Obama admonished Israel that “neither occupation nor expulsion is the answer,” directly addressing the two main Palestinian historical traumas and ongoing anxieties.”

And, that audience responded with one standing ovation after another ….

#TrustBarack

16. 97 GGAIL
    March 21, 2013 at 9:55 pm

Chipsticks, I’m sitting under the dryer chuckling to my smartphone! I love the “Romney campaign” pic & caption -ha! And yes Miss Isreal is beautiful too :-)

17. 99 prettyfoot58
    March 21, 2013 at 9:55 pm

President Obama……SIMPLY AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

18. March 21, 2013 at 9:59 pm

Great pics from the trip to Israel, Ms Chips! Thanks so much…. especially love the one with the Palestinian girls meeting our president, pure gold.

March 21, 2013 at 10:03 pm

Brazil doctors’ council backs abortion reform. And of course, regressive rc opposes it. Whatdayasay pope?

20. 102 Gazelle
    March 21, 2013 at 10:07 pm

Ahem, nice hat in that pic! Does it have bells & whistles? If so, that would complement my TGIF look! ;)

Hugs to all for fabulous posts. Back to catching up.

March 21, 2013 at 10:07 pm

Great pics Chips.

22. 109 Dudette
    March 21, 2013 at 10:10 pm

BRAVO Mr. President!!

23. 110 Dudette
    March 21, 2013 at 10:13 pm

March 21, 2013 at 10:18 pm

25. 116 Dudette
    March 21, 2013 at 10:22 pm

26. 117 yardarm756
    March 21, 2013 at 10:22 pm

Roger, 85, married Jenny, a lovely 25 year old . . . Since her new husband is so old, Jenny decides that after their wedding she and Roger should have separate bedrooms, because she is concerned that her new but aged husband may over-exert himself if they spend the entire night together.

After the wedding festivities Jenny prepares herself for bed and the expected knock on the door. Sure enough the knock comes, the door opens and there is Roger, her 85 year old groom, ready for action. They unite as one.
    All goes well, Roger takes leave of his bride, and she prepares to go to sleep.
    After a few minutes, Jenny hears another knock on her bedroom door, and it’s Roger, Again he is ready for more ‘action’. Somewhat surprised, Jenny consents for more coupling. When the newly weds are done, Roger kisses his bride, bids her a fond good night and leaves.
    She is set to go to sleep again, but, aha, you guessed it Roger is back again, rapping on the door and is as fresh as a 25 year old, ready for more ‘action’. And, once more they enjoy each other.
    But as Roger gets set to leave again, his young bride says to him, “I am thoroughly impressed that at your
    age you can perform so well and so often. I have been with guys less than a third of your age who were
    only good once. You are truly a great lover, Roger.”
    Roger, somewhat embarrassed, turns to Jenny and says: “You mean I was here already?”

The moral of the story:
    Don’t be afraid of getting old,
    Memory Loss has its advantages.

PS…
    Have I posted this already?

27. March 21, 2013 at 10:23 pm

28. 121 vitaminlover
    March 21, 2013 at 10:23 pm

Lawrence O’Donnell is on point concerning President Obama’s speech to the Israeli students. My man has class! O’Donnell did a good first piece.

29. 125 Nena20409
    March 21, 2013 at 10:27 pm

Since Fox hardly ever says anything nice about pres Obama. And for them to be showing and also question president Obama’s commitment to Israel…..going as far as insinuating that he was the enemy of Israel at the very moment this president was being honored by pres Peres in Israel, perhaps the Twitter TOD Brigades should put out some information demanding that Fox be excluded from the WHPC?

Too much or an OK project?

TRMS had that today. That really ticked me off about the Fox willful, hateful and wicked propaganda.

• 126 theo67
      March 21, 2013 at 11:43 pm

Fox is a disaster. I’ve never watched a single minute and my remote control is forbidden from stopping on that channel. Ever.

30. 127 Dudette
    March 21, 2013 at 10:30 pm

Don’t know if you’all are familiar with the Funk Brothers. They were the main studio band for Motown back in the 50’s and 60’s. Unsung heroes who were responsible for the Motown sound (and it goes without saying, for decades they never got their due either in money or recognition). There was a great documentary about them a few years back. I’ll find a link and come back and post it here if I can. Anyway, they received a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame today amid great fanfare. Steve Wonder was there.

While looking for some of their classic stuff to post in celebration, I ran across this on YouTube
    ———————-
    Motown’s Legendary Funk Brothers Release a New Song for Barack Obama
    Published on Jan 14, 2013
    Because of you is a song dedicated to President Obama. This was the first time the Funk Brothers were back recording as a group since the 70’s. The song was recorded at Studio A in Detroit
    We are calling for all musicians, and all fans of MOTOWN music to pass this song along.
    “Keep the funk alive !”.

31. March 21, 2013 at 10:31 pm

Israeli students re-create the iconic President Obama “HOPE” poster out of chocolate….

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

32. 135 kasai
    March 21, 2013 at 10:32 pm

What “Hope & Change” looks like…Spreading Democracy in unlikely places:-)

March 21, 2013 at 10:33 pm

Can you imagine Marco Rubio having to give that kind of speech in front of the Israeli people? He would need a whole military tank of water….

34. 141 Nena20409
    March 21, 2013 at 10:40 pm

It must be really hard for these pathetic righties. Hating a fine man that they so much want to emulate. So like little pathological insane crass of idiots they are, they can’t help themselves, but to emotionally stagnate and crumble down into babbling sick people.

My goodness, they have managed to convince the 4th state to the same type of hate.

The media and the right in USA these days can Never seem to bring themselves to say something nice about pres Obama. The anger and tone for the reporting of this president’s trip to Israel is filled with envy. They are trying to convince Us that this trip was not what we have seem? One actually said that pres Obama needed Netanyahu? Seriously? That made me LOL.

• 142 99ts
      March 21, 2013 at 10:49 pm

4th state was already there – thought it was wonderful to have a black candidate – but really – you know – no-one would actually vote for him to be the President – they have been in bed with the GOP since Roosevelt died.

35. 143 Dudette
    March 21, 2013 at 10:43 pm

Here’s a snippet of the Funk Brothers documentary.

36. 147 anniebella
    March 21, 2013 at 10:47 pm

I know FLOTUS heart bean with pride for her husband on a day like today. I know Kelly of Kelly and Michael ask her about the first Presidential debate, where everyone was saying POTUS did such a awful job. And FLOTUS talk about how she was always proud of her husband. So are we FLOTUS. So are we.

37. 149 99ts
    March 21, 2013 at 10:50 pm

Belated hello Chips – love those pics – and the egg (that may be because I am hungry – and eggs are the world’s best comfort food)

• March 21, 2013 at 10:54 pm

Morning (?) 99ts! You can’t beat an egg. Well, you can, but you know what I mean.

• 151 99ts
        March 21, 2013 at 11:12 pm

I like ‘em beat and mashed & fried & poached & boiled & scrambled. I even cook ‘em in the microwave – although that isn’t so good – but fast. I don’t do raw.

Yet another lesson from my brief visit to the US – eggs come up & down as well – we learned about sunny sides up and over. In my world you ask for fried egg – in a restaurant they come sunny side up – in a burger joint – sunny side over – don’t try and change the rules – it doesn’t work.

March 21, 2013 at 10:53 pm

Perfectly selected pics, Chips, and the captions were to-die-for. My two favorites:

“The guy on the left looks like he’s been riding a horse for a week. Or else he’s a waxwork” – actually, he looked like a Secret Service guy ready to go for his gun, if he had to, so I like your caption much better than what I was thinkin’

“Absolutely nobody has the right to be that beautiful. And Miss Israel and President Peres are lovely too” – self-explanatory why I love that one!

39. 163 Dudette
    March 21, 2013 at 10:58 pm

Here’s someone else who eventually should be some kind of Presidential medal.
    Remember how so many people took that comedian (and I mean the Half-Governor) seriously until Tina’s portrayal?
    I do! It is still horrifyingly vivid in my memory!
    ——————–

Tina Fey Does Sarah Palin Again w/ James Lipton Inside the Actors Interview Segment

3/19/13 – James Lipton, the long-time host of Inside the Actors Studio, often asks his guests if he can interview them as one of their most famous characters. So when he invited Tina Fey onto the show last night, it was a not-so-surprising delight that he asked her if he could speak to Sarah Palin for a few moments. Fey happily obliged, showing off her sharp improv skills by answering questions as Palin and offering unique insight on some of the biggest issues facing the country.

On guns: “I believe that if everybody had guns, then there would be fewer guns in the stores.”

On same-sex marriage: “Well, the bible says it’s gross, and I don’t judge. A lot of the amazing, wonderful people I met in the audience at Dancing with the Stars seem to go that way. But, no, marriage is meant for people who wear different kinds of swimsuits.”

On being a woman in a man’s world: “I don’t think of it as a man’s world or a woman’s world, unless again we’re talking about marriage. But I think of it as people being mavericks or not being mavericks.”

On Tina Fey’s portrayal: “It’s the best one I never watched.”

—————

40. 166 Nena20409
    March 21, 2013 at 10:59 pm

Lots of {{{{{Hugs}}}}} MightyPamela.

Be well.

41. 167 Dudette
    March 21, 2013 at 11:00 pm

42. March 21, 2013 at 11:02 pm

President Obama went to Israel sooner than any Republican president, EVER! G.H.W. Bush and Reagan never visited Israel, and Nixon only went more than a year into his second term (just 2 months before resigning).

Thanks for the amazing photos. :)

43. March 21, 2013 at 11:02 pm

Ok, in for my daily check-in.

Wifey is progressing quite nicely. Almost hasn’t had to use any pain meds. We went to Ikea today for shopping/walking. And who do I run into at the store? One of my former Storytime moms with her daughter. Of course, she told wifey how wonderful I was. The little one was under the impression that I MUST have been at the store buying books for the library. God, I love my job.

I hope to be back in the swing of writing for here and TPV by the weekend. Until then, keep calm and carry on.

March 21, 2013 at 11:03 pm

45. 185 anniebella
    March 21, 2013 at 11:06 pm

How do you think those Palestine kids feel to meet a President who think they deserve the right to a good life and a home state.

March 21, 2013 at 11:11 pm

Jubilation aside, and not wanting to appear naive because of their long history, anybody else think maybe Israel-Palestine peace accords are possibly winging their way to the forefront this year? Maybe there might be some type of agreement signed in Chicago, witnessed by President Barack Obama as host?

Hey, ya gotta at least admit anything’s possible with our President, and I think he might have one more Nobel Peace Prize in his future, this one shared.

• 187 Nena20409
      March 21, 2013 at 11:17 pm

From your typing Keyboards to the Creator’s ears.

There are just too many people working to maintain the status quo.

This president is indeed the Guy who Never takes No for an Answer. So all the best to this POTUS, his Team, Israelis and the Palestinians and the whole world. Peace is achievable, however, both sides have got to want Peace more than never ending wars.

March 21, 2013 at 11:20 pm

I know … I’m kind of caught up with the moment … but just wanted to “go there” (and I’ll keep praying, too!).

March 21, 2013 at 11:48 pm

If nothing else start back talking to each other. Sit down at the table and talk and listen. Will there be peace, who knows but they must try.

47. 191 proudmemberofglobalzero
    March 21, 2013 at 11:13 pm

Chips, thank you again for all he pictures. I don’t see coverage anywhere else. LL…give your wife a huge from me. Glad she is doing better. Pamela, come down to Florida and I will set you up on the beach with a glass of wine and a book. I will run all your errands while you are here.

48. 192 Dudette
    March 21, 2013 at 11:14 pm

49. 193 Nena20409
    March 21, 2013 at 11:20 pm

All the Very best TODers.

Pleasant Night Dreams.

See you all. Same TOD channel. Same website.

Thank you for all you do Chips.

Thank you to all the TODville sweet blog tyrants ;)

50. 197 Dudette
    March 21, 2013 at 11:24 pm

51. 198 globalcitizenlinda
    March 21, 2013 at 11:27 pm

ashamed to admit that I am actually scared of the robot snake

• 199 theo67
      March 22, 2013 at 12:58 am

You’re not alone there, GCL. That thing is creepy. But, if I was buried under a building, I would greet its arrival with open arms… ;)

52. 200 Ladyhawke
    March 21, 2013 at 11:28 pm

Everyone should try to catch the opening segment of The Last Word with Lawrence O’Donnell tonight. He opened with a fantastic analysis of President Obama’s speech in Israel.

53. 204 Alycee (@jazziz2)
    March 21, 2013 at 11:31 pm

54. 206 Dudette
    March 21, 2013 at 11:34 pm

55. 211 yardarm756
    March 21, 2013 at 11:49 pm

Lights out beautiful people…….It’s 7 bells and I’m turning in early.

56. 213 anniebella
    March 21, 2013 at 11:53 pm

I don’t know what POTUS can do about the Veterans concern about the problems they are having with the V.A., but they want to meet with POTUS. Did anyone see them on Rachel? It is ashame they have to go through so much B.S. to try to get help. I hope POTUS meet with them because I believe POTUS really do care.

57. 214 Ladyhawke
    March 21, 2013 at 11:57 pm

The picture of President Obama smiling and holding the hands of the gorgeous little girl in Ramallah is very sweet. I am so touched by that photo. He is looking at her with such admiration, warmth and caring.

58. 215 globalcitizenlinda
    March 22, 2013 at 12:01 am

going to bed in a very happy and peaceful state of mind – thank you very much PBO for making it happen. Additional thanks for Ms Chips for reporting this epic journey and thanks to the deputized “blog tyrants” for all your help

• 216 HZ
      March 22, 2013 at 1:14 am

Good Nite everyone. Chips, thanks for our lovely home here. ((((((( Lots of love to you)))))))).

LL, many prayers of loving healing love to Mrs. LL.

Rest peacefully, Mr. President and know that we love you and you make us so grateful to have you in the Oval Office.HZ

59. March 22, 2013 at 9:27 am

I love the “how did your campaigning for Romney go?” caption. I hope he really said something like that. Ha Ha!

RSS OFA