Mar

Rise and Shine

Text of the address here

Saturday and Sunday: The President has no public events scheduled

See the post below for the schedule for the week ahead

President Obama pinches the cheek of Aniyha Williams, 4, as he leaves PortMiami, Friday (Miami Herald)

Completely random old video:

All this Easter Egg business reminds me of the RWNJ meme from a couple of years ago about the Obamas being arrogant (ie uppity) because they handed out autographed commemorative Easter eggs as part of the White House Easter Egg Roll. From the original post:

Laura Ingraham kicked off Fox’s Easter attack on Barack and Michelle Obama by suggesting that Obama is full of ego for handing out autographed commemorative Easter eggs …. she claimed that Laura Bush never did this:

Well, okay. But Reagan certainly never did. Em…..

(Actually, he started the tradition)

All of which reminded us at the time of similar outrages:

‘Obama has no class – he puts his feet on the Oval Office desk! Can you EVER remember a Republican President doing that?!’

‘Obama has no class – he throws a ball around the Oval Office! Can you EVER remember a Republican President doing that?!’

‘Obama has no class – sometimes he doesn’t wear a jacket in the Oval Office! Can you EVER remember a Republican President doing that?!’

‘Obama has no class – he wore flip-flops in Hawaii! Next thing he’ll be wearing Crocs in the White House!”

‘You know, Obama is so classless it wouldn’t surprise me if he eats his meals off the sacred Oval desk!”

Completely random old video:

Completely random magazine covers:

Random gorgeous old pic – a year ago:

March 30, 2012 – Pete Souza: “We had just arrived aboard the Marine One helicopter on the South Lawn and the President was walking into the White House. I had seen this scene several times but had never been able to quite capture it the way I wanted. Here, finally, arriving at night, I was able to frame him walking into the light of the Diplomatic Reception Room, with the added bonus of his shadow being cast from the television lights off to the left.”

Completely random magazine cover:

Another random old pic – a year ago:

President Barack Obama looks out the window of Marine One as he departs the White House South Lawn en route to Joint Base Andrews, Md., for a trip to Vermont, March 30, 2012. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)

A completely random moooooOOOoooooorning!

249 Responses to “Rise and Shine”

1. 1 Proud Former White House Intern
    March 30, 2013 at 10:35 am

Hello

2. 8 Proud Former White House Intern
    March 30, 2013 at 10:37 am

The GQ magazine is fire! I need a drink of water!

March 30, 2013 at 10:50 am

Marco Rubio is on his way with an endless supply. We will be drinking water all day long on this thread!

March 30, 2013 at 10:38 am

Fiiiinally.

okthxbi. off to dinner.

4. March 30, 2013 at 10:38 am

OK, I’ll settle for second. Congrats Proud.

5. 12 Dudette
    March 30, 2013 at 10:38 am

Whatever!

6. March 30, 2013 at 10:39 am

Hi Chips, Long time. But glad to be here. Kudos to UT, LL, AmK, LP for yeoman’s work. I don’t get to comment a lot because of work, but I never miss a day, checking in.

7. 17 JER
    March 30, 2013 at 10:39 am

Good Morning TOD World!

March 30, 2013 at 10:40 am

9. 20 Dudette
    March 30, 2013 at 10:43 am

• 21 LDS
      March 30, 2013 at 10:53 am

It sure is!
      Good morning, Ms. Chips. I sure love “Random Photo Day”
      Good morning my favorite DJ!

Every time I come here, I am refreshed, renewed, revived……this place is good for my soul!
      Have a blessed day everyone. Don’t forget to smile and …….just LOL!

10. 24 Dudette
    March 30, 2013 at 10:43 am

See ya later!

11. 25 overseasgranny
    March 30, 2013 at 10:45 am

OK, You can put this diary right up there among my all time favorites. Thank you.

12. March 30, 2013 at 10:47 am

OMG, I can hardly breathe right now. WHEW.

• 33 Nena20409
      March 30, 2013 at 2:08 pm

I had no idea that she has a Lesbian daughter.

So why again did the Mormons spend $20M against Prop 8?

I know that it was Not her decision.

March 30, 2013 at 10:48 am

I’ve invited myself to aamom’s house for Easter dinner. I hope she will accept the invitation. In fact, I will be there whether or not she accepts. Just can’t pass up this good food.

• 35 MightyPamela
      March 30, 2013 at 11:05 am

See you there! Omg

• 36 LDS
        March 30, 2013 at 12:06 pm

Lemon cake!

Oh, please do not do this to me…..I beg you.
        The turkey and dressing is enough……but LEMON CAKE!
        I was going to order a turkey and cheese (cold) on whole wheat and call it a day because I am going to 6:00 Sun Rise.
        Now, this changes everything.
        Enjoy with your family. Happy Resurrection Day!

14. 37 Dudette
    March 30, 2013 at 10:48 am

Good Morning Chips!

March 30, 2013 at 10:49 am

Oh, Chips, the “random” pic of Pete Souza’s, where the President is walking into the White House – casting his usual shadow on the world – is magnificent. A keeper! Thanks for all of it, and happy Saturday!

16. 43 donna dem 4 obama
    March 30, 2013 at 10:55 am

Your Rise and Shine is just pure awesomeness Ms. Chips. A couple of those pics of the President took my breath away!

Happy Easter Weekend TOD!!!

17. 47 JER
    March 30, 2013 at 10:56 am

A First Family Flash Back from July 2008. . FLOTUS mentions 10 yr. old pants POTUS is wearing:

• 48 pugeretto
      March 30, 2013 at 11:19 am

That was a fun video – thanks Jer!

March 30, 2013 at 11:30 am

The girls are so cute. I love it when Sasha tells Malia that Mommy is important.

• March 30, 2013 at 12:29 pm

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you. I had never seen this. I saw maybe a minute clip. They are so special a family. I have been so deprived of so much stuff about the Obama family. Thank you Lord for helping me find this Diary. Can you imagine giving up the Diary for Lent? It would be forty days of HELL!

18. March 30, 2013 at 10:56 am

PBO is a finnnnnne man. He and MO just exquisite.

March 30, 2013 at 10:56 am

Ahhh…..Chiparoo. Love the completely random moments. They made me smile at the beautiful pictures and chuckle at the GOP’s schadenfreude. Happy Saturday everyone!

• March 30, 2013 at 11:00 am

Happy Saturday UT, thank you! When I go down the randomness route it’s usually a sign that I’m news-ed out, or too lazy to look up the news. But that’s just between you and me, right?

BREAKING: Sunderland 0, Manchester United 1. United go 18 – count ‘em – points clear at the top of the table.

• 57 99ts
        March 30, 2013 at 11:06 am

Woohoo – that’s looking good – they were even talking about your favorite footballer on TV down under recently – guess its cause we aren’t doing so well in the world cup games (not surprising – I think we made the finals once in the history of the game)

• March 30, 2013 at 11:08 am

Moooooorning 99ts! Hope you’re impressed by how modest I’m being about it?

• 59 99ts
            March 30, 2013 at 11:15 am

I’m wondering when the attacks might arrive – thought I would get my sage words in & then sneak off to bed – leave you to handle the push back – but looking at that picture – you seem to be well in charge :) :) – and seriously modest.

• 60 utaustinliberal
        March 30, 2013 at 11:15 am

I’m going to let that Man United crowing go for now because Chelsea is up right now. But see you on Monday for the royal ruuuuuuuuumble!

March 30, 2013 at 11:00 am

G’morning Fab Five teamster! I think you missed that GQ picture. Or you’re pretending to have missed it. Which is it UT? :) :)

March 30, 2013 at 10:59 am

Paging Mr. Yardarm and all naughty mat dispensers…..

21. 72 99ts
    March 30, 2013 at 11:01 am

Hello all – what a wonderful collection of pictures – I could even smile at GWB – knowing he is hiding away in the bath painting pictures of his feet – wonder if he wears the crocs?

But the white house picture – to die for. Thank you for the random morning Ms Chips – a delight.

22. 73 MightyPamela
    March 30, 2013 at 11:03 am

Random is SO good! Chipsticks ~ YOU are SO da Bombe! Ai yai yai! G’day y’all, I will be checking in at random times, I might even ‘catch up’, huh, whatever that means! Hugs all around! :lol:

23. 74 japa21
    March 30, 2013 at 11:07 am

24. 75 Nena20409
    March 30, 2013 at 11:07 am

Wow….those Hurrying ;) Chips on this awesome work should Remember, You Can’t Hurry Love.

Our Chips brings LOVE in her work and It Shows ;)

Here’s; Can’y Hurry Love :lol:

Morning GM TODers……wow, Fantastic Post.

March 30, 2013 at 11:46 am

I love Motown. There isn’t any music like it. Today music sucks compare to Motown.

• 77 LDS
        March 30, 2013 at 12:18 pm

Anniebelle, you are so right. Going to see Motown the Musical for my birthday with sister and niece in NYC.
        DJ Dudette posted a real nice piece of the Funk Bros. who made all of that music possible and hardly got any credit for doing so. I was glad to see that they have a star in Hollywood giving them the recognition they so rightly deserve. I was feeling ambivalent after reading how Barry Gordon neglected them. BG was there and the two survivors there were there seemed to have “forgot, forgive and let it go.”
        Another one was watching at home in Detroit via satellite. On my bucket list for the summer is to go to Detroit and visit the place where it all got started. Along with visiting the White House before 2016 ( and you know why)…. We will not go there, too painful to think about. I plan to visit as many National Parks as I can after 2016 to stay sane.

Okay, putting off studying and doing chores……will lurk later.

• 78 Alycee (@jazziz2)
          March 30, 2013 at 2:51 pm

LDS, pains me to say this as I am one who just loves the Motown sound; however, the museum is just OK. The tour is guided and even though the museum wasn’t crowded and there were only six on our tour, the docent rushed through — didn’t really give you time to look at the pictures/artifacts or read the few placards. I was disappointed. I contrasted that with my visit to the Stax Museum in Memphis a year earlier. First time I ever danced and sang my way through a museum. The tour was self guided, you could stay as long as you wanted — I’m a person that reads/looks at everything. I was so slow in going through that at closing time, I hadn’t completed the tour. They stamped my receipt and I went back the next day at no additional cost.

While you are in Detroit, be sure to visit the African American Museum; it’s impressive.

March 30, 2013 at 3:07 pm

LDS, I’m very much interested in going to see that musical when I visit the Big Apple. Could you tell us know how it was? Thanks in advance :)

• 81 LDS
            March 30, 2013 at 10:02 pm

I sure will….I plan to go in May. I heard tickets were getting difficult to get. The box office is the best resource instead of online.
            We shall see what we shall see…..

25. March 30, 2013 at 11:09 am

GM Chipsticks, TOD. Love the randomness!! Oldies but goodies, cant ever go wrong with that. Side note, I think Crocs went out of business after Dubya came out w/ the black socks..

March 30, 2013 at 11:10 am

27. 86 GGail
    March 30, 2013 at 11:14 am

Good West Coast morning Chipsticks & TOD family.

WOW! What a wonderful way to start a day…..with a smile from looking at the random goodies this morning! Thanks Chipsticks :-)

28. 92 Jovie
    March 30, 2013 at 11:15 am

The State Dept is holding a hearing in Nebraska on Keystone on April 19.
    That’s random… :)

29. 94 anniebella
    March 30, 2013 at 11:16 am

It is shameful the way these right wing haters will lie when it comes to our FLOTUS and POTUS.

March 30, 2013 at 11:19 am

Look at how they attack FLOTUS for appearing on the Oscar, when Laura Bush did the same thing.

March 30, 2013 at 11:40 am

The haters don’t even have any respect for the Obama girls. It use to be a rule that you leave the children alone, but the haters hate this black guy so much they have broken that rule, and have even gone after a 14 and 11 year old. These right wing haters are lowlife. And where are the Republican leaders like Boehner stepping forward telling Congressman to leave the Obama girls alone? They are remaining silent like they always have.

March 30, 2013 at 11:46 am

Haters hate, but the Obama family is back in the White House for a second term! We can’t remain silent, as people of good will, but we can silently enjoy that fact each and every day.

I’ve found in my life that one doesn’t have to wish that harm will come to haters and their reputations, such as they are, because they do it to themselves.

#FORWARD

30. March 30, 2013 at 11:19 am

Really interesting read…reason why the Prop 8/Doma cases were taking up was b/c Scalia wanted to win, and thought waiting he would lose.

31. 101 Nena20409
    March 30, 2013 at 11:22 am

That GW is awkward looking on those “ugly” shoes. He was wearing socks? Hmm?

It is amazing how little the Obama girls were in 2008.

I can’t get enough of this Post.

It is almost like a rebuttal to so many of the silly malarkey thrown at this First family unfairly and without merits……..factually rebutted. This Post is just beyond sweet. It is beautiful.

Thank You.

March 30, 2013 at 11:23 am

‘God Bless You’ Ms Chips, and ‘God Bless TOD villagers’!

• March 30, 2013 at 11:28 am

Hellooooooo VC, happy Easter!

March 30, 2013 at 11:30 am

Thank you, and a hearty ‘hellooooooo’ coming back your way, CC! Have you decorated Easter eggs for us TOD villagers yet? You’re not hiding them this year, are you?

• March 30, 2013 at 11:40 am

Well VC, I started decorating some eggs to hide about the place for you all, but ….. I have to start again.

March 30, 2013 at 11:47 am

:lol: :lol: Goodie! I love your start, as it’s so reflective of you.
            Excuse me while I take the one in the forefront and move it out of your way so that you don’t break it. I absolutely love it! :lol:

• 107 cookemom
            March 30, 2013 at 12:04 pm

Masterpiece. The one in the rear reminds me of how I look right before clicking onto a RWNJ site. The smashed one is how my brain is after reading some of those blogs.

March 30, 2013 at 12:11 pm

YOU are starting to scare me, Cookemom! I used the word ‘masterpiece’ in my response above, then thought I was being too wordy so took it out before posting. In truth, this whole village is getting scary – when it’s not Chips Chica peeking in to see where exactly I am, it’s you using similar words and (reno) ideas, or others echoing my opinion before I voice it! /smh/

• 110 GGail
      March 30, 2013 at 11:37 am

God bless you too dear vc! GM :-)

33. 114 LDS
    March 30, 2013 at 11:25 am

Ms. Chips, this is the best post, ever! The little girl with those cute cheeks just took my heart. She was definitely not the shy type.
    Our President is what a real Christian looks and sounds like. It is all about L-O-V-E.
    Random is your calling……..Random On!
    Lurking later……to much studying and chores to do.
    Thank you, Ms. Chips for all you do

• March 30, 2013 at 11:30 am

“Random On!”

:lol: Moooooorning LDS, good luck with your studying and chores, it does NOT sound like you have a fun day ahead!

• 116 LDS
        March 30, 2013 at 11:42 am

No, but I can always come here to lurk and smile, smile and lurk with all the love and support for our President who really cares about us and this country. it just feels so good waking up knowing that he is our President. A wonderful loving family……
        When the day is done, I know you guys are here to get me through the night.
        IT’S A BEAUTIFUL MORNING!

34. March 30, 2013 at 11:28 am

‘Sup all you O’s? It’s another great getting up day in the TOD universe!! Now if you’ll excuse me, Chips has deemed it necessary that I haul out the naughty mat, before I can even type another word. Aaahhhhhh….oh, sorry….be back soon!

March 30, 2013 at 11:33 am

JUst noticed on the cover of that magazine that our President has the secret of youthfulness. That’s one set of lessons for which I might just sign! Anyone else want to sign up with me?

March 30, 2013 at 11:42 am

That Ebony Obama special mag is dated NOVEMBER 2012!!! How come no one in the village warned me of this?? :shock: There is no way I’m going to find that now in this out-of-the-way town I live in!! I can barely find O-magazine covers when I’m forewarned! Right now, I’m keeping my eye open for the April Vogue in the hope of catching the one copy they may bring to my corner, or planning to go out of town to find it before the shelves are restocked. I’m not too happy with you guys for missing the November Ebony. :cry:

37. 165 japa21
    March 30, 2013 at 11:47 am

38. 168 LDS
    March 30, 2013 at 11:51 am

VC, I feel guilty and so sorry for you. I live in NYC and take all of this for granted. I forgot how some places think. Here I am downloading an App for Martha Stewart, as if I am ever going to cook like that again! Or ever did! I just like to look at the pics and order the dish at a new restaurant.
    Darn it! I am going to have be aware and let you know……promise!

March 30, 2013 at 12:25 pm

Thanks in advance, LDS. Where I am, though I am close to Chapters etc, they don’t always have the mags you guys mention because they don’t have a regular clientele for them. Once in a while they may have one or two copies, but generally when alerted by you all I have to search several different stores or go ‘south’ to find them.

39. 173 CEB
    March 30, 2013 at 12:04 pm

Great Rise and Shine, Chips.

40. 175 donna dem 4 obama
    March 30, 2013 at 12:14 pm

Talkin bout random vids….This is on my list of all time favorites

Our First Lady is too wonderful in this. I’ll never get tired of watching it!!!

41. 182 anniebella
    March 30, 2013 at 12:18 pm

The Soccer Dad video is so cool .

March 30, 2013 at 12:22 pm

That PBO walking into the WH is a beaut. pete must be a student of chips.

March 30, 2013 at 12:27 pm

Howdy, A! What’s a PC Utility Kit? They were telling me I had lots of problems when I signed on an hour or so ago. I got suspicious since I started getting those computer phone calls for ‘puter cleanup again yesterday.

• 185 amk for obama
        March 30, 2013 at 12:36 pm

For the last time…. It’s a con game and you should report them for on-line harassment/stalking.

You don’t no steenking pc utility kit. Just use the free programs I had provided to you before.

March 30, 2013 at 12:49 pm

Okay. Though the ‘kit’ info just showed up on my screen as soon as I signed in. I am resolved to follow your instructions re clean up this weekend. I have been reluctant because I didn’t want to be cut off from TODville. The one time I tried cleaning up cookies (whatever they are/were) I lost stuff so I have been hesitating. You know, I don’t see why you can’t just come by and clean up the laptop for me! It would be faster, and at least if you lost stuff I could feel less guilty knowing it wasn’t *me* who messed up. You are always jaunting about in Kenya or wherever so what’s wrong with coming here? And no, I’ve no plans to pay you. You are supposed to help the less (technology) fortunate out of the goodness of your heart.

• 187 amk for obama
            March 30, 2013 at 12:57 pm

They’ve already hacked into your system. Run my programs stat.

Deleting cookies is always advisable. Just note down your login and passwords outside our ‘puter, just as a backup.

March 30, 2013 at 1:50 pm

Was away for a while. ‘I’ll come down there if you can swing a WH meeting with the kenyan and the missus.’
              :shock: :shock: You think I don’t recognize this as even more costly than the standard rate you impose! Most people bargain DOWN! /smh/ Your mother would be so embarrassed-ly disappointed were she to discover your MO, and this last piece in particular!

• 189 GGail
            March 30, 2013 at 1:03 pm

LOL!!!!! vc, you are sooooooo hilarious :lol:

• March 30, 2013 at 12:28 pm

The Tyrant’s awake!!!! Hello you!

March 30, 2013 at 12:34 pm

And yes, I too really like the WH photo. On the one hand the building seems so imposing, yet on the other we know that the man walking in is not intimidated in the least. He ‘wears’ it extremely well and it’s a perfect fit.

March 30, 2013 at 8:03 pm

That one is nice too, I can imagine POTUS walking in singing Usher’s song ” Daddy Home”.

43. 200 kasai
    March 30, 2013 at 12:30 pm

Happy Saturday Tod’s

Wow! Wow! Chips this is just Beautiful!!! Thank you Dear One:-)

Diana Ross says>> Love Hangover…..If there’s a cure for this…. I don’t want it…don’t call the doctor…don’t call the preacher…I don’t want it..

Love ya!

March 30, 2013 at 12:33 pm

Handy dandy Obamacare primer….

Good grief….Chips, do you know how to make this link any smaller???????????

• March 30, 2013 at 12:36 pm

:lol: Fixed, DF! I never understand why some urls are like that, an endless line of unnecessary squiggeldy things after the last /

Great link, thank you DF!

March 30, 2013 at 1:02 pm

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Chips!! Yeah, what’s with all that gibberish at the end of the link? For goodness sakes….unnecessary squggeldy things is right! If you liked THIS link, you’ll love the one I just posted….MUST READ. Go check it out…I stumble upon these and feel like I hit the motherload….

45. 211 cookemom
    March 30, 2013 at 12:35 pm

It’s the second to the last day to vote for Kelauni Cook to win this contest! Please vote toady and tomorrow for her dream ob come true! Just click on the icons in the green ‘Vote For This Entry’ box when you click on this video. Thanks a bunch everyone, #2 and I appreciate it!

• 212 donna dem 4 obama
      March 30, 2013 at 1:34 pm

Done!!!

• March 30, 2013 at 1:40 pm

I think I finally voted for her the other day cookemom. The first time I went to the site … it did not seem to “take.” But the other day, it posted to my facebook that I had voted for her … so good luck to her!

• 215 cookemom
        March 30, 2013 at 2:02 pm

thanks so much daisydem. the voting is confusing with little to explain how to make sure the vote is registered. I’m glad you figured it out and voted. thanks again.

March 30, 2013 at 12:45 pm

Kenya’s Supreme Court unanimously upholds Uhuru Kenyatta’s first round presidential election victory, rejecting several petitions challenging the vote.

Main challenger PM Raila Odinga, who lodged the appeal, said he would fully respect the verdict.

Nice to see all the pols appealing for calm.

March 30, 2013 at 12:51 pm

Billy Bob and Luther were talking one afternoon when Billy Bob tells Luther, “Ya know, I reckon I’m ’bout ready for a vacation. Only this year I’m gonna do it a little different!

The last few years, I took your advice about where to go. Three years ago you said to go to Hawaii. I went to Hawaii and Earline got pregnant.

Then two years ago, you told me to go to the Bahamas, and Earline got pregnant again.

Last year you suggested Tahiti and darned if Earline didn’t get pregnant again.”

Luther asks Billy Bob, “So, what you gonna do this year that’s different?”

Billy Bob says, “This year I’m taking Earline with me.”

Gunnite folks.

March 30, 2013 at 1:07 pm

Chips…might you consider adding this site to your already fabulous blogroll????

• March 30, 2013 at 1:17 pm

Done! Thanks a million DF, I love adding sites to the blogroll, the more the merrier. I haven’t read your link yet, just finishing a new post, but looking forward to it. Thank you again!!

March 30, 2013 at 1:26 pm

SQUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Thank you!!! Please read it when you get a chance. It’s excellent, and the very way that all of us here think about the role of govt in our society and our places and responsibilities, as well. Even the comments are awesome.

• 223 4morefor44
        March 30, 2013 at 1:39 pm

just clicked to that site. the article is fine and all, but i couldn’t help notice that the sidebar on the right is filled with inspirational photos and quotes from hillary clinton (multiple ones), bill clinton (talking about “family values”?!?), JAMES CARVILLE, rachel maddow, occupy wall st photo, jfk, mlk, bill maher, jimmy carter, and elizabeth warren. notice someone and his wife missing? in fact, in a brief skim of articles, i don’t see hardly a mention of this same person, but a whole bunch of how great the clintons are. hope you enjoy the place, but i don’t think i’ll be going back.

March 30, 2013 at 1:46 pm

Your choice. I found this piece extremely well written and close to the ideals that most of us share. I don’t really care WHO says the words, just that they reflect the ideals and values that we hold dear. That said, we all have issues with all things Clinton, or all things Maddow, etc….but all in all, I thought this was a site worth sharing. I won’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good. If you choose not to visit that site again, so be it.Others might enjoy seeing what she has to say. I did.

48. 225 Jovie
    March 30, 2013 at 1:20 pm

The federal government will reimburse states for 100 percent of the costs for some newly eligible Medicaid patients, under new regulations finalized Friday as part of the Obama administration’s implementation of the Affordable Care Act (ACA).

The healthcare law authorizes states to expand Medicaid to adults under 65 with incomes up to 135 percent of the federal poverty level — roughly $15,000 for a single adult in 2012.

Under the new regulations, the federal government will shoulder all of the costs related to the new Medicaid enrollees for the next three years. After that, the federal contribution would be gradually phased down to 90 percent in 2020, and would remain there permanently.

March 30, 2013 at 1:36 pm

HEADLINE: Elwin Wilson, Rock Hill man who apologized for racist past, dies

// Elwin Wilson, the Rock Hill man who made national headlines with apology for his bigotry against blacks years ago, died Thursday at Piedmont Medical Center. He was 76. After President Barack Obama’s 2009 inauguration, Wilson, an admittedly former member of the Ku Klux Klan, phoned The Herald, saying he felt he needed to apologize for his past.

That past included beating the 21-year-old John Lewis, who as a member of the the Freedom Riders, a civil rights group opposing segregation, walked into a whites-only waiting room at a Greyhound bus station in Rock Hill. Wilson said he was one of several men who attacked Lewis, leaving Lewis with bruises and a busted lip. In 2009, Lewis, now a congressman representing Georgia’s 5th District, and Lewis met in Washington, D.C., where Wilson admitted what he had done and apologized. //

Read more here: http://www.heraldonline.com/2013/03/30/4733545/elwin-wilson-rock-hill-man-who.html#storylink=cpy

50. 229 Nena20409
    March 30, 2013 at 1:39 pm

Per MSNBC, Madiba is resting comfortably, breathing well and doing better.

That is Great News. May God Continues to Bless Madiba.

March 30, 2013 at 1:55 pm

A comment, and very good question, from this post:

ML Ross · Top Commenter
      No one asks Senators/Congress people a simple question: If an individual can’t pass a simple background check (a felon, mentally unstable, violent criminal record), are they still entitled to purchase a gun under the 2ND amendment? If not, why are elected officials protecting their unlawful entitlement to a firearm? In a sense these officials are indirectly aiding & abetting in the commission of unlawful activity and that’s not the will of the voters or law abiding citizens…these officials are promoting illegal enterprises…not a far reach if they’re obstructing laws enhancing public saftety.

51. 238 Nena20409
    March 30, 2013 at 2:00 pm

The Socks on GW’s feet had the presidential seal? What? We paid for those Socks too? He signs his paintings with the #43. The man’s ego knows no boundaries.

Carter, Clinton and GH Bush don’t go around signing #39, #42 ans #41 respectively…..at least not that I have read.

• March 30, 2013 at 2:03 pm

You are observant. A foot fetish? :lol:

• 240 Nena20409
        March 30, 2013 at 2:10 pm

:shock: Nope CarolMae, I am not. I love this post so much that as I went up a 5 or 6 time, that was when I noticed that the socks has the presidential Seal on it. I was shocked and then, I became mad.

March 30, 2013 at 2:36 pm

But Nena, were Carter, Clinton and GH, ‘famous’, and ‘powerful’? Every time Bush’s name comes up I remember that comment and it riles me that he got what he wanted – fame and power – and the world didn’t. This time, I noticed the closing discussion on the clip (1st time I’ve pulled up this particular clip of the comment) and noticed AGAIN the media’s willingness to give Georgie Boy the benefit of the doubt. :roll:

• March 30, 2013 at 10:17 pm

GWB will go down as the worst President in modern history along with his entire administration. He may have been “powerful” but I suspect he more likely feared and in his mind he might be famous but history will make him “Infamous”. President Obama will go down in history the best modern president of our time and he will be the most loved throughout the world?

52. 245 Bill
    March 30, 2013 at 2:28 pm

Serena wins Sony Open for sixth time.

• 246 Nena20409
      March 30, 2013 at 2:33 pm

Yeah, yeah, yeah Serena. Congratulations :!:

The Woman is the best Female Tennis Player ever, In 1997 or 1998, her father said so, after she won the US Open at 17 yrs old. Papa Knew best then……people called him arrogant. Well what say those Critics now? Hmm? :cool:

March 30, 2013 at 7:58 pm

Yeah Serena.Congratulation to her.

• 249 HZ
      March 31, 2013 at 3:22 am

Beautiful as always, Chips. ((((((((((((((((((( Lots of loving hugs to my Chips))))))))))))))))))))))))))HZ

RSS OFA