Apr

Chat away – jazz version

I was fortunate enough to grow up with a brother who was/is a jazz fanatic. Although I resisted for many years, I’ve come to embrace what some people have called “America’s classical music.”

First, the inestimable Keith Jarrett…

Now, one of the great jazz bassists: Charlie Haden…

Dizzy Gillespie, the one and only…

And my lodestar, John Coltrane…

This is your late night open thread.

51 Responses to “Chat away – jazz version”

1. April 14, 2013 at 1:06 am

We still caterwauling around?

2. April 14, 2013 at 1:09 am

Where are all the other cats?

• April 14, 2013 at 1:51 am

We’re here. I just adopted two new kittens and they are a hand full. Me and the older cat are sitting here reading TOD. We love Caturdays and so sad we missed it.

• April 14, 2013 at 2:01 am

Oh, you would have loved it. So happy two kitty’s found homes. I want too, but not possible right now. We would of course welcome one that slipped through the cat door, like others before. We think we are feeding too shadows. Just don’t care for our company.

3. 8 Jessica
    April 14, 2013 at 1:29 am

Bill Maher is such an arrogant ass. He called someone praying “talking to their imaginary friend.” Wow! You can’t tell him he is the smartest person in the world. Roll eyes.

4. 10 Jessica
    April 14, 2013 at 1:41 am

David Stockman is a conservative but he’s on Bill Maher and he’s sounding pretty reasonable (except for the minimum wage bit).

5. 11 isonprize
    April 14, 2013 at 1:47 am

Dizzy Gillespie introduces James Moody! Moody’s Mood for Love – Enjoy !!

6. April 14, 2013 at 1:49 am

Thanks LL… A little jazz goes a long way although that Memphis night at the WH was really at the top of my list. Still I am secretly in love with Oscar Peterson.

7. 16 isonprize
    April 14, 2013 at 1:54 am

And let’s not forget about the ladies…

Sarah Vaughan (or as my daddy called her ‘The Divine One – Miss Jesus!)

8. 18 isonprize
    April 14, 2013 at 2:02 am

Ella!

9. April 14, 2013 at 2:23 am

Loving all this music on Caturday night! :grin:

10. 24 mtmarilyn
    April 14, 2013 at 2:28 am

LL,it was wonderful listening to your jazz on our way home from dinner with friends. My droid doesn’t have the best sound system, but we enjoyed it. Thank you!

April 14, 2013 at 3:26 am

So how did you center the tweet ?

12. April 14, 2013 at 3:34 am

13. April 14, 2013 at 3:37 am

Been meaning to post this all day…

April 14, 2013 at 7:38 am

I like the sound of this. Knowing that they will also be assessed by some subordinates will undoubtedly affect the behaviour of some top military leaders. Of course, there will be a few subordinates who will also misuse the opportunity to tarnish the character of a disliked leader so I would hope the new evaluation system has check and balances.

• 30 CEB
      April 14, 2013 at 7:44 am

Shit is getting real and about time!

Good morning and how beautiful it is to wake up to the sounds of America’s music.

14. 33 4morefor44
    April 14, 2013 at 3:53 am

hey everyone, the jackie robinson movie 42 opens strong, and let’s all go tomorrow to make sure this happens!

“The Jackie Robinson biopic debuted to an estimated $9.1 million from 3,003 locations on Friday. That’s easily the best start ever for a baseball movie ahead of The Benchwarmers ($6.8 million) and Moneyball ($6.7 million). Assuming it has normal drops—and with an “A+” CinemaScore, there’s no reason to expect otherwise—the movie is on pace for around $25 million for the three-day frame, which would make it the first baseball movie ever to open north of $20 million.”

it’s getting great reviews too!

15. April 14, 2013 at 7:03 am

Night all…it has been quiet overnight. Have a great day.

April 14, 2013 at 7:34 am

April 14, 2013 at 7:37 am

Just noticed I have exactly 2222 twitter followers.

April 14, 2013 at 7:39 am

April 14, 2013 at 7:47 am

April 14, 2013 at 7:55 am

:grin: It’ s not quite as bad in my corner of the world, but it’s not far off either. Only 2 days ago I had some ice on my front walkway but right now the sun is looking good….and (looking) warm.

April 14, 2013 at 8:00 am

BBL – have to go make Sunday breakfast for Offspring so he can head off to church well-fed and on time.

21. April 14, 2013 at 8:05 am

Good morning everyone! I’ve been lurking, always too pressed for time to interact, but just pleased to be able to drop in. This morning is especially gratifying. What a fantastic way to usher in the morning. The music is great!! My little children will be gone in a few days and I’ll be back in the swing of things. Just as well, I think they’re getting restless. The other day they had a gang fight. Funniest thing you’ll ever see…six 3 and 4 year-olds all fighting. I watched until I saw teeth. :) Have a great day!!

22. April 14, 2013 at 9:23 am

Good morning my friends I hope everyone is having a great Spring Sunday. I open my curtains this morning and saw a Red Fox running across the back yard. That’s a first for me what a delight. I went to get my camera and it was gone before I even left the window. The quick brown fox….I can’t remember the rest.

• 51 HZ
      April 14, 2013 at 2:37 pm

Good Morning to all of my beautiful TOD Family. I am so grateful for this day with joys coming my way, and hopefully to all of my TODers. My love to our beautiful Chips(((((Hi Dear Angel))))

LL, I know we had music, my favorite, the Jazz. We are so rich a family here. Living life’s great joys, music, poetry, brilliant information to discuss and see how we are going to help our president, and most of all a love that is so special.

Thanks so much for the Masters of Jazz, LL. I started off with a beautiful gospel song that was performed by a young DC choir who sang “Determined”, and POB and FLOTUS was so moved. The words were so appropriate for POB, and he felt everyone of them as you could see from the video. It was the Inaugural Prayer Service,2013. So moving. I wish someone could post it here. It is my theme song for his second term. Beautiful.

((((((((((((((((( You lift my heart up with great music, LL and TOD Family.)))))))))))))))))Healing for me.HZ