Apr

A word from Don

So John King is apoplectic that people are questioning if he’s a racist or not, too bad, he signed up for it when he went on national t.v. and said the Boston bombing suspects were black….I mean dark skinned. Let me tell you what I didn’t sign up for, I didn’t sign up to be followed around a department store, I didn’t sign up to have women clutch their purses as they walk in my direction, I didn’t sign up to hear the sound of car doors being locked as I crossed the goddamn street with bags of groceries in both arms, I didn’t sign up to walk in a bank to get some money out of my account and have the teller walk in a back room with my I.D. and have me wait for twenty fucking minutes just to get money out of my account, I didn’t sign up to have some white guy ask me I if was from this country just because I knew who Leon Panetta was, I didn’t sign up to have a realtor question me about my credit score and whether or not I’ve ever been arrested before I could finish saying hello, I didn’t sign up to have a waiter tell me the food in the restaurant I was in was expensive before he gave my wife and I the fucking menu. I’m not telling you these things because I’m looking for sympathy, I’m just telling you about the shit that the average black man has to put up with, so when John King gets upset at getting called out for an error he made, he should get on his goddamn knees and pray to his god that he doesn’t have to go through the same bullshit that the average black guy walking down the street does. Am I angry, hell yes, have I given up hope about the idea that a person should be judged by the content of their character and not the color of their skin, hell no.

326 Responses to “A word from Don”

1. 1 Allison
    April 18, 2013 at 8:07 pm

Thanks, Don!

• April 18, 2013 at 8:08 pm

Congrats on 1st Allison!!

Superb, Don!!!

• 4 Allison
      April 18, 2013 at 8:10 pm

I agree with you. The stereotyping from the media is disgusting. They were hoping that it WAS a person of color.

April 18, 2013 at 8:11 pm

That’s the point I’ve been trying to make. And all these references to possibly being “North African” etc., still hints at that hope.

• 6 nathkatun7
          April 19, 2013 at 12:26 am

When I took a class in ancient history in college the prof. taught me that North Africans, and especially Egyptians and Libyans, were white. So when did they become Black. Besides, Africa south of the Sahara desert is always referred to as “Black Africa,” which, I assume, means that Africa North of Sahara is white Africa.

• 7 utaustinliberal
          April 19, 2013 at 4:11 am

Completely true hopefruit.

p.s. Righteous commentary Don! Every word rings with truth.

• 8 Vicki
        April 18, 2013 at 8:23 pm

Yes. And those of us who are driven crazy by a fear of an increase in rascist hate were praying that the muderous bombers were home-grown white.

• April 18, 2013 at 8:27 pm

The issue of what Blitzer, King and all the rest of the #NEWSTAINER #whiteprivilege class were and continue doing has absolutely nothing to do with what the eventual ethnicity of the terrorist(s) is. Either of the suspects, when you trace their heritage for even a few generations, are likely to have genes from ancestors whose ethnicity are definitely not identical.

They wanted a black dude, a brown dude, whatever, preferably yelling Allahu Akbar …. and they will never be able to erase the vast record of their bigotry and xenophobia from the public record.

I don’t care what their ethnicity is. I don’t care if they are AQ, National Alliance, …. whomever did it needs to be caught and tried fairly. Period.

But, because of the #NEWSTAINER #whiteprivilege class a woman, and perhaps others by now, in Boston and elsewhere have been assaulted because they appeared ‘non-American’ ‘Muslim’ (aka WHITE). That’s what those loathsome creeps with broadcast bandwidth have incited before the smoke had barely cleared from Boylston St.

#FORWARD Together

2. 15 isonprize
    April 18, 2013 at 8:08 pm

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

3. 19 Nena20409
    April 18, 2013 at 8:12 pm

Truly what a man of Color go through in America, especially is that man of color is a Black Man.
    I can never forget a story as Oprah told her treatment in a store in Chicago.

Until the Color of a Man is of no more significant than the Color of his eyes…….Emperor Salasey(sp) as Bob Marley sang in War.

Great heart felt thoughts, Don……Thank you.

• April 18, 2013 at 8:19 pm

Tthis seems equally appropriate:

• 22 Nena20409
      April 18, 2013 at 9:13 pm

Part of the Quote by Emperor Haile Selassie I in 1974

“Until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned, everywhere is war and until there are no longer first-class and second-class citizens of any nation, until the color of a man’s skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes. And until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all without regard to race, there is war. And until that day, the dream of lasting peace, world citizenship, rule of international morality, will remain but a fleeting illusion to be pursued, but never attained… now everywhere is war.”
      Popularized by Bob Marley in the song War
      Haile Selassie I of Ethiopia quotes (Ethiopian Emperor and Social Reformer(1930–1974) of Ethiopia, 1892-1975 He is the religious symbol for God incarnate among the Rastafari movement.)

April 18, 2013 at 8:16 pm

Well done, Don & Chips. Tweeted.

April 18, 2013 at 8:17 pm

April 18, 2013 at 8:20 pm

bbc has more still shots of suspects here. They definitely are not ‘dark skinned’. That’s all I can say.

• 40 Jessica
      April 20, 2013 at 3:57 am

This movie motivates me! I love the Lynching scene too. Education is the only way to “take back” our righteous mind and freedom.

7. April 18, 2013 at 8:21 pm

Better view of the suspect

“@captainhurst: @joshtpm Reddit found a picture of suspect 2: http://t.co/prGLGuvRRF (Turning the corner on Fairfield)”

8. 75 Allison
    April 18, 2013 at 8:22 pm

9. 77 Jovie
    April 18, 2013 at 8:26 pm

Well, when you have Ari Fleisher working at CNN and Karl Rove at Foxx, you are going to get a 2004 mind set from those channels, especially during alleged Terrorism.
    They were the so called sources, I am almost certain.
    And why does CNN interview all former bush officials when events happen?
    Shouldn’t they interview current administration officials?
    Just saying!

• 78 Nena20409
      April 18, 2013 at 8:38 pm

Don’t you see…….The Both sides Meme must be Obeyed.

During Bush, we were told that their side had to be presented for they were in power. Now that Pres Obama is in power……Cablers say that both sides Must be presented……However, the caveat is that all assumptions, all slants lean one way……The TBGOPers way….in questioning, in the narrative established and there must always find a Negative……..a cost…..a bad angle…..a failure…..laced with a catastrophic conclusion……somehow.

• 79 amk for obama
      April 18, 2013 at 8:47 pm

DC bw media is wired for thugs. End of story.

10. 80 prettyfoot58
    April 18, 2013 at 8:29 pm

Right On ,,Right On…Don

11. 81 Jovie
    April 18, 2013 at 8:29 pm

The first Earth Day was organized by Gaylord Nelson, a former U.S. senator from Wisconsin, in 1970 as a way to bring environmental protection onto the national political agenda.

“It took off like gangbusters. Telegrams, letters, and telephone inquiries poured in from all across the country,” Nelson recounted in an essay shortly before he died in 2005. The first Earth Day was a teach-in modeled after the anti-Vietnam War protests. An estimated 20 million people participated.

Organizers expect more than a billion people in 192 countries to take part in the 2013 celebrations.

Earth Day helped build political support for environmental issues
    Anger about the environment had been growing since scientist and writer Rachel Carson published ‘Silent Spring’ in 1962. The best-selling book documented the increased use of pesticides and chemicals after World War II, and the effects of pollution on animals and human health.

While the first Earth Day was open to anyone who wished to participate, some of the most enthusiastic Earth Day observers were in schools and universities around the country.

“We had reports on over 10,000 high schools doing something,” said Senator Nelson, “and I personally heard from more than 2,500 colleges and from some 2,000 communities. It was a great educational effort, and it should be continued.”

That show of public support is credited with helping push Republican President Richard Nixon and Congress to pass the law that created the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in December 1970.

• April 18, 2013 at 9:07 pm

It inflicted me and my decisions. We actually drove a “Bug”. We got 40 mph. I wouldn’t use disposable diapers for my kids. Pres. Carter put solar panels on the roof of the White House. Te first thing Reagan did was rip out those solar panels. Just think, what if Carter had been reelected? What if?

• 83 Alycee (@jazziz2)
        April 18, 2013 at 9:17 pm

Impacted me also. I was in the second year environmental science class in my school district (1970-71); back before our conservative, republican, upper middle class school district got infected with RWNJ virus…

• 85 Lynn
        April 18, 2013 at 10:31 pm

You so nailed this, Carol. Fossil fuels would be just that. nancy thought the panels were ugly. So she had ronnie tear them down and then she went and bought expensive lovely DISHES.

12. 87 dotster3
    April 18, 2013 at 8:36 pm

I think President Obama is holding her hand, giving comfort.

13. 89 MightyPamela
    April 18, 2013 at 8:39 pm

Don, thank you for saying what needs to be said. I know that doesn’t really change things much, but I believe more people need this in their face.

April 18, 2013 at 8:42 pm

15. April 18, 2013 at 8:51 pm

EXCELLENT post, Don. Thank you for speaking your mind and saying what needs to be said. So sick and tired of people in positions of influence in such dire need of cultural handrails. ENOUGH.

16. 92 japa21
    April 18, 2013 at 8:54 pm

17. 93 PoliticalJunkessa
    April 18, 2013 at 8:54 pm

Righteous rant, Don.

I haven’t seen cable news in eons — and particularly CNN in forever — so I don’t know what bile John King vomited up. But it doesn’t surprise me that he is playing the victim, that’s what they do when they get even the mildest criticism. Such fragile and inflated egos.

April 18, 2013 at 8:58 pm

19. April 18, 2013 at 8:58 pm

Just so I don’t stooooopidly (ssssh Amk) crash in to anyone’s new post, I’ll have a collection of photos from the day in the next 20ish minutes

• 96 japa21
      April 18, 2013 at 9:05 pm

And we all know what the ish means. Say 2-3 hours.

• April 18, 2013 at 9:10 pm

You’re running out of chances mister…..

• 98 japa21
          April 18, 2013 at 9:16 pm

oops, so sorry. I will never doubt you again. Well, not for a day or two.

• 99 japa21
            April 18, 2013 at 9:18 pm

I should add. I have a basic rule in life. Those people I don’t like I generally ignore. Those that I like I tend to kid. Those that I like the most I tend to kid the most. Now, that is a basic approach I have to life. I am pretty sure that people on the receiving end always see it that way.Just to let you know Chips, that is why I tend to poke at you so much. It is because you are at the very top of my like list.

April 18, 2013 at 9:58 pm

Well whadoyaknow, Japa, we use the same ‘basic rule in life’! I am in :shock: I tell ya. I thought I was the only one who thought that way. ;) ;). Actually with me it’s not really ‘people I don’t like’, because I tend not to waste energy not liking people – it’s mostly people who rub me the wrong way by their words or actions. Anyway, it’s nice to see you and I have something in common. :grin: I have to admit I’m feeling a bit cheated because I haven’t had (m)any opportunities to poke at Chips, Amk, etc etc people here this past week. This situation is likely to repeat itself into next week as I was told today that my services are required for at least another week while the person whose job I’m ‘baby-sitting’ continues to troubleshoot the problems with her health. I am definitely experiencing mixed emotions – so much can happen in a week!

• April 18, 2013 at 9:22 pm

Hmmm. Okay.

Latest dress design. You like?

PS You’re right: 20-ish minutes is turning in to, oh, two-ish hours :oops:

• April 18, 2013 at 9:43 pm

Ok, good. I’ll have a night owl music thingy post later this evening.

20. 116 ouapiti
    April 18, 2013 at 9:01 pm

Thanks, Don, for your post. I have been away from TOD for awhile but need to be back here now for some grounding in the midst of all this mindless and ignorant media chatter. Best to all.

21. 119 Allison
    April 18, 2013 at 9:02 pm

Right on the money Don. They need to apologize on air for their mistake. Guess they forgot who planted the bomb in Oklahoma.

• 120 carolyn
      April 18, 2013 at 9:08 pm

Theym ay have, but we here haven’t: tall, blonde, Tim McVeigh…….of course, that day too, a “dark-skinned, middle Eastern male” was the one looked for. They don’t ever learn.

22. April 18, 2013 at 9:03 pm

Thanks for opening up your soul Don.
    I posted this earlier.

We still have a way to go in this good ole USA regarding race. I look forward to the day when CRIME does not equal ‘Dark Skinned’ automatically.
    John King and CNN should be out of business. Rev. Al had a righteous rant about this last night and he was spot on.
    Since the release of the photos ,I notice color has been dropped from the conversation…well except for ‘white’ cap’.

23. April 18, 2013 at 9:16 pm

Hope I’m not doing a John King now, but saw this guy mentioned on Twitter – likeness to one of the suspects?

• 123 japa21
      April 18, 2013 at 9:23 pm

There is some. I think if it was him the family would have come forth pretty quickly. I would like to see a profile shot.

• April 18, 2013 at 9:30 pm

From that link:

The FBI has joined the Providence Police Department and the Brown University Department of Public Safety in the investigation, which has expanded to Boston, Connecticut, New York, and Philadelphia, according to a statement from the school.

But, in fairness, that’s a pretty wide search area.

• 125 Alycee (@jazziz2)
      April 18, 2013 at 9:28 pm

Chips, he does; and the funny thing is when the photos were shown today, I kept thinking #2 looked familiar. Tripathi is from my area, hence, his pic has frequently been on the local news.

• 126 amk for obama
      April 18, 2013 at 9:33 pm

Police said he left his wallet and phone behind.

“Typically, two reasons people don’t take the normal things they take with them is because they’re stepping outside to talk to somebody, they’re going half a block away, or they’re not coming back,” ABC News consultant and former FBI agent Brad Garrett told “Good Morning America.”

Plenty of bs, right there.

Let’s not play the internet detectives, chips. Let the professionals handle it.

• April 18, 2013 at 9:49 pm

Agree Amk, shouldn’t have posted this crap. Sorry.

• 128 amk for obama
          April 18, 2013 at 9:54 pm

I just don’t want to us to be seen as engaging in witch-hunt without knowing any facts. Frankly, I am a bit mad that FBI let out these photos. It’s going to be a fucking feeding frenzy out there. They have gazillion other methods to track down these suspects instead of asking the public to play the vigilantes.

• April 18, 2013 at 9:58 pm

Agree completely about amateur sleuths not getting involved, but don’t have a problem with them releasing the images, everyone seems to assume they already know the guys’ identity, but maybe they don’t? All I hope is that they’re not innocent bystanders, if they are this is horrendous.

• 130 amk for obama
              April 18, 2013 at 10:03 pm

Trial by feckless media idjits is bad enough. Now imagine the frothing at the mouth rwnj’s taking the matter into their own hands (and into their fucking nutty minds) and really hurting some innocents. I still feel FBI should have done it on the quiet.

• April 18, 2013 at 10:18 pm

Can’t disagree about danger of frothing-at-mouth-RWNJs, but still hard not to assume FBI don’t know identity of these guys when they released the images – unless they do but need added information from public to build timeline for their movements. Hard to fault them for that considering the circumstances, and the danger if these guys stay on the loose. If they are the guys, of course. Whatever happens, we know if they don’t have WASPish names, the RWNJs will spew their bile.

• 132 Alycee (@jazziz2)
            April 18, 2013 at 10:00 pm

I think they were ‘forced’ to in order to refute the false pics and descriptions that were floating about.

24. April 18, 2013 at 9:17 pm

I hope you hear your apology, but I’m sorry. Think you will here this…

25. April 18, 2013 at 9:20 pm

ALERT – amk and Chips – download the image in this tweet and use your best image software application to enlarge it a bit. I think you will agree that suspect #1 is a few feet (meters) behind suspect #2. Dude in tan pants with dark baseball cap near a woman running in the same direction.

• 136 forus50
      April 18, 2013 at 9:44 pm

I think you are on to something Bob! It does definitely look like #1 with the khaki pants about 10 feet back of #2. Wonder if he has a backpack on? Hard to tell from that angle.

• April 18, 2013 at 9:50 pm

Yes, too hard to tell re: backpack, but, I think it’s very likely that that is just one frame of an HD video or one of several separate photos. At least I hope that’s the case and the person who posted it to Reddit has supplied the authorities with everything they have.

26. 138 dotster3
    April 18, 2013 at 9:20 pm

Again—someone on Piers is making the point that (CNN’s) “premature leak” yesterday re. the Boston suspects may have damaged the search/investigation—-FBI was likely getting photos and other identifiers to airports and other points of possible exit/escape—-sent out to law enforcement across the country etc. —all the prep they wanted to do before photos released to the public. They can thank John King for that also. Stupid decision by King/CNN.

27. 140 dotster3
    April 18, 2013 at 9:24 pm

28. 141 WilTal
    April 18, 2013 at 9:26 pm

Don, very powerful! Thank you very much for laying out a typical day in the life of a black man in America I’ll quote James Baldwin “To be black and conscious in America, is to be in a constant state of rage”

April 18, 2013 at 9:56 pm

“Ancient” history: When I was 15 back in the early ’60s, a little white girl from New Jersey who was barely allowed off her street, I wanted to take the poetry I had written and go to New York and read it for James Baldwin ~ in one of the coffeehouses. His poetry really spoke to me. By the time I got there, he wasn’t! I’ll never forget that introduction to his very vivid consciousness.

• 143 nathkatun7
      April 19, 2013 at 1:10 am

James Baldwin was one of the most deep and penetrating observers of Race and Racism in America.

29. April 18, 2013 at 9:30 pm

Don,

I’m glad that you sent this to Chips to post.

Life is about learning from others, seeing from their point of view.

What puzzles me the most is that white males are the least “suspicious” category of people, so if you don’t want to draw attention to illegal/heinous activity, that’s exactly who you get to do the dirty work.

Women often attract attention just by being female. Heaven help you if you’re Middle Eastern or have a darker complexion.

It makes no sense why John King chose to go this route, but I think the insular communities in Boston and Chicago comprised of Irish, or Polish, or Italians more likely to be wary of people who aren’t Irish, Polish or Italian and automatically “assume” most bad acts are committed by people outside of their own ethnicity.

My hairdresser told me some shocking stories of the use of language against African Americans when she visited Chicago.

I could be WAAAYYY off base (life-long southern Californian here). I’ve been to Boston exactly once as a tourist and have never been to Chicago.

30. 145 ewok2
    April 18, 2013 at 9:32 pm

The media came out first and called this a terrorist act before the President could make a statement, and he even did not use the words Terrorist act” at his first press conferrence. Now the media is hard pressed to take the word “terrorist” away, now that they know the criminals have white skins. The failed and lying MSM is now tongue tied and trying to redifine this terrorist act, calling it a violent act.

31. 146 carolyn
    April 18, 2013 at 9:32 pm

I’m wondering if the Southern Poverty Law Center has a bead on these guys. They keep track of hate groups, and the director has been on Rev. Al’s show talking about the steep rise in these groups since 2009. This is what I have been thinking since Monday……

32. 147 a4alice
    April 18, 2013 at 9:33 pm

Don –

Powerful words. I hope people read them. Thanks Don!

33. 148 jackiegrumbacher
    April 18, 2013 at 9:33 pm

Don, you have a real talent for writing that lets people feel what you feel. I starting reading your post and couldn’t stop because you made your everyday experience so real. This is a gift. I hope you continue to use it. You have the power to wake up a lot of sleeping minds.

34. April 18, 2013 at 9:33 pm

I think this is a joke:

But these tweets aren’t:

35. 152 dotster3
    April 18, 2013 at 9:34 pm

36. 153 lamh36
    April 18, 2013 at 9:37 pm

shocked no one has mashed up POTUS speech with this song by FUN – Carry On http://t.co/9APRLDsPdo

37. April 18, 2013 at 9:39 pm

Not so convinced now:

38. 157 willowood
    April 18, 2013 at 9:39 pm

Don…I’ve read your words over and over and over. Very powerful, cuts through all my steely nerves. Shouldn’t ever have been this way, never ever. So well said. It’s copied and in my gratitude book now.

39. April 18, 2013 at 9:50 pm

I have a troubling post on my FB. It’s an invitation to their FB page Malia.com They claim to be a Democratic youth organization. I went to their page, but didn’t follow them, so I couldn’t see all posts. They were of Malia with her Mom and then with her Mom about three years at. Very high quality. The one that showed on my invite looked likes a tweety-two year old Malia in a strapless blue gown. What should I do? I don’t want to spread the photos. It has me creeped out,

40. April 18, 2013 at 9:50 pm

O/T, but BobFR or LovelyPlains, what are your thoughts on U.S., Jordan and Syria?

LovelyPlains tweeted a link to the LAT story today.

(I’m pretty sure that this comment will be one of the final posts on this thread, so if you see this, please answer on a subsequent thread.)

41. 169 GGail
    April 18, 2013 at 9:53 pm

Chipsticks, thank you.
    Only here on TOD can we get the TRUTH.
    Only here on TOD can we get the laugh out LOUD laughs.
    Only here on TOD can we get REAL LIFE stories like Don’s.

Thank you Chipsticks – you are truly one of a kind and I love and support you for that.

42. 170 forus50
    April 18, 2013 at 9:53 pm

43. April 18, 2013 at 10:02 pm

OK, folks, it’s clear that the FBI knows why it has ‘crowd sourced’ ….

April 18, 2013 at 10:03 pm

How much grief can we and Obama take?

// How many times has President Obama had to do this? How many times has he had to console a grieving community and a shocked nation? How many times has he had to use his way with words to make sense of tragedy? How many times have we watched a man who keeps his emotions firmly in check be unable to hold back his anger and sadness over the loss of life and injury with each incident? And how many times has his raw expression of empathy or outrage or both tapped into the nation’s mood and spirit? //

April 18, 2013 at 10:10 pm

I believe POTUS will be just fine. He has his faith, his wife, his kids, his other family, his friends, as FLOTUS said he is the right man for this time, for the job. We must always kept POTUS, FLOTUS, Malia, Sasha, in our prayers.

• 183 magapie
        April 18, 2013 at 10:17 pm

Oh yeah!!! Tons of compassion but that doesn’t change: ONE TOUGH HOMBRE!

And none of that struttin’, utterly fake: “I’m ruff ‘n’ tuff” “Bring it on!” “Deaderlive!” Like that criminally incompetent P.O.S. Shrub. Boo! AAAAAHHH!!!!!!!

45. 184 anniebella
    April 18, 2013 at 10:04 pm

Did FLOTUS make the Time 100 list? I know POTUS and VP Biden did.

46. 185 Jovie
    April 18, 2013 at 10:11 pm

I think one of those guys were wearing s Ravens hat.
    Think Baltimore! Clue?

47. April 18, 2013 at 10:11 pm

You know the way I said I’d have the new post up in 20-ish minutes. Well, I meant it, I’ll have it up in about 20 minutes :???:

48. April 18, 2013 at 10:19 pm

49. April 18, 2013 at 10:22 pm

So, just to warn everyone, I’m going all music geek on y’all for my night owls post. You’ve been advised.

50. 215 Jovie
    April 18, 2013 at 10:24 pm

Hey Bobfr,
    On Syria…, a no fly zone is being discussed, Hagel is going there this weekend to discuss with Allies.

April 18, 2013 at 10:24 pm

52. April 18, 2013 at 10:26 pm

Ok, just followed Wil Wheaton, because STAR TREK BITCHEZ!

April 18, 2013 at 10:28 pm

Speaking of mars,

Kepler telescope spies ‘most Earth-like’ worlds to date

54. April 18, 2013 at 10:31 pm

55. 237 LDS
    April 18, 2013 at 10:36 pm

Thank you everyone here for keeping me absolutely sane. This is the best place in the whole wide world to be. I am a reflective observer right now. I have to sit and be still and meditate and pray when things get chaotic. Thank you Don for the most heartfelt post. You have expressed just about everything I have felt for years with my husband and raising two strong men. After watching the CP5 a few nights ago, I honestly for a moment though the media had earned their lesson before the jump to conclusions and be the first to report shit all over the place.
    No skepticism, no facts, no investigative work…..just run with it!
    Thank you Chips, Mr. Bobfr, LL, Alycee and everyone here for the truth. I really don’t know where I would be without you guys and thie President…yeah, that guy.

• April 18, 2013 at 10:53 pm

You’re welcome, LDS, and thank you for your lovely comments.

• 239 Alycee (@jazziz2)
      April 18, 2013 at 11:06 pm

((((LDS)))) you’re welcome. You guys help keep me company and sane. Physically, I have more bad days than good, yet, whether I comment or not, I can always count on coming to TOD to be informed and uplifted; so thank you, too.

56. April 18, 2013 at 10:36 pm

This is me right now:

57. April 18, 2013 at 10:38 pm

I should also add, I’ve just banged my knee against the table, so I’m copying and pasting in pain. No, no, don’t shower me with sympathy, I’ll be fine.

58. 256 a4alice
    April 18, 2013 at 10:38 pm

I had to share this. I’ve never thought of this before but I think this guy just said something true:

59. April 18, 2013 at 10:39 pm

April 18, 2013 at 11:06 pm

WOW. I didn’t even look at that website today for fear of what I’d find there….it’s a RW rag, so you can imagine why I stayed away. I was SO pissed at his vote yesterday that I couldn’t even send an email. I tried calling, but his “mailbox was full”. I’ve been composing an email in my head, that will be written soon. I said yesterday, and I’ll say it again today, I AM LIVID! He will hear from me. THAT you can bet the house on. Thanks for posting this pleasant surprise. 90% of Arizonans supported this background check legislation. He’s pissed some people off.

• 260 Alycee (@jazziz2)
        April 18, 2013 at 11:10 pm

DF, last night, I modified and tweeted your comment:

60. 261 forus50
    April 18, 2013 at 10:42 pm

You guys might have already found this one; it’s easier to hear POTUS; without all the echoey tone of the other video.

61. April 18, 2013 at 10:42 pm

Also too, and I don’t mean to be sexist, but the only people complaining about my posting slowness are Amk, Japa, LL and Bob.

Do we see a pattern here ladies?

April 18, 2013 at 10:44 pm

63. 277 LDS
    April 18, 2013 at 10:45 pm

Men are from Mars. Women are all over the damn place getting the job done….even with a busted knee!

64. April 18, 2013 at 10:46 pm

Just testing tinypic…

[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/974mkn.jpg[/IMG]

65. 292 LDS
    April 18, 2013 at 10:48 pm

20 minutes translated in a woman’s term is an hour and a half anyway…..so you are right on time, Ms. Chips.

66. April 18, 2013 at 10:48 pm

Have a feeling that this particular image is going to be very, very hard on our President … Jeff is correct:

67. April 18, 2013 at 10:55 pm