So John King is apoplectic that people are questioning if he’s a racist or not, too bad, he signed up for it when he went on national t.v. and said the Boston bombing suspects were black….I mean dark skinned. Let me tell you what I didn’t sign up for, I didn’t sign up to be followed around a department store, I didn’t sign up to have women clutch their purses as they walk in my direction, I didn’t sign up to hear the sound of car doors being locked as I crossed the goddamn street with bags of groceries in both arms, I didn’t sign up to walk in a bank to get some money out of my account and have the teller walk in a back room with my I.D. and have me wait for twenty fucking minutes just to get money out of my account, I didn’t sign up to have some white guy ask me I if was from this country just because I knew who Leon Panetta was, I didn’t sign up to have a realtor question me about my credit score and whether or not I’ve ever been arrested before I could finish saying hello, I didn’t sign up to have a waiter tell me the food in the restaurant I was in was expensive before he gave my wife and I the fucking menu. I’m not telling you these things because I’m looking for sympathy, I’m just telling you about the shit that the average black man has to put up with, so when John King gets upset at getting called out for an error he made, he should get on his goddamn knees and pray to his god that he doesn’t have to go through the same bullshit that the average black guy walking down the street does. Am I angry, hell yes, have I given up hope about the idea that a person should be judged by the content of their character and not the color of their skin, hell no.
The Last 10 Posts
- I don't have a question, just a very humble thank you. I just saw your post explaining Obama's recent executive order prohibiting discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation in the workplace, and immediately teared up. Hi, I'm Janessa. I'm 17, and I'm lesbian. Sometimes the way our society orients around the topic of homosexuality is a bit frightening. It feels like something a high schooler shouldn't have to deal with. But this order gives me strength. So thank you, for this huge leap.
- A woman looking into going into media arts and commercial arts fields, I'm likely to be paid significantly less for my skills than a man with the same abilities. Will you continue to fight for equal gender pay?
- How is the president working towards marriage equality?
- Looking Back: An American History Lesson from the year 2034 Trevor LaFauci
- Almost 7 Million Americans Will Receive Obamacare Refunds Allan Brauer
- Obamacare: Still Not Dead Yet Allan Brauer
- 26,461,065 hits