May

Rise and Shine

Today:

11:0: The President departs the White House

11:25: Arrives Baltimore, Maryland

11:35: Visits an Elementary School

1:05: Tours Ellicott Dredges (which manufactures innovative dredges and dredge equipment being sold for infrastructure projects across the country and around the world)

1:20: Delivers remarks

2:15: Visits a community center

3:0: Departs Baltimore

3:25: Arrives the White House

Kevin Drum (Mother Jones): It’s Official: Those Bogus Email Leaks Came From Republicans

It’s not as if we didn’t know this already, but Major Garrett made it official: last week’s leaks that misquoted the Benghazi emails came directly from Republicans….

So here’s what happened. Republicans in Congress saw copies of these emails two months ago and did nothing with them. It was obvious that they showed little more than routine interagency haggling. Then someone got the bright idea of leaking two isolated tidbits and mischaracterizing them in an effort to make the State Department look bad…..

But it was typical GOP overreach. To their surprise, the White House took Republicans up on their demand to make the entire email chain public, thus making it clear to the press that they had been burned. And now reporters are letting us all know who was behind it.

More here

Steve Benen: Whether or not an issue is a “scandal” tends to be a subjective question — one voter’s world-changing controversy may be another voter’s meaningless distraction. Indeed, the Beltway has spent a week telling the nation that the White House is engulfed in three ongoing scandals, though many of us suspect this analysis is deeply flawed.

But if we’re going to talk about real political scandals, can we at least have a conversation about Republicans lying to reporters about Benghazi?

More here

Jeffrey Goldberg (Bloomberg): So it turns out that Susan Rice, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations and, before a group of leading Senate Republicans decided that she was evil incarnate, a top contender to replace Hillary Clinton as secretary of state, had nothing to do with formulating the White House’s response to the fatal attacks last year at the American diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya.

…. Republican Senators Lindsey Graham and John McCain, among others, argued for weeks that Rice was a crucial cog in a huge conspiracy to hide the facts of Benghazi from the American people….

…. I don’t expect that Graham will apologize to Rice for accusing her of engaging in an enormous conspiracy, when all she seems to have done is take the consensus of several government agencies and present it publicly. But you would hope Graham would think twice before threatening again to stop her advancement in government.

Full post here

Washington Post Editorial: Standing before reporters Thursday, President Obama declined an invitation to compare the recent scandals weighing down his administration with those that forced President Nixon to resign in 1974. So allow us to do the work for him: There is no comparison.

Nixon, in a series of crimes that collectively came to be known as Watergate, directed from the White House and Justice Department a concerted campaign against those he perceived as political enemies, in the process subverting the FBI, the IRS, other government agencies and the electoral process to his nefarious purposes. Mr. Obama has done nothing of the kind. Nor is there much to support a lesser “unifying theory” of this week’s scandals, which is that together they prove Mr. Obama guilty of a grand overreach of federal power.

More here

Jay Carney’s interview with Lawrence O’Donnell here

‘If Obama went Bulworth, here’s what he’d say’ – see here

Business Insider

Steve Benen: Don’t rule out repeal vote #38

As promised, the U.S. House of Representatives voted, once again, to repeal the Affordable Care Act, with a bill passing late yesterday, 229 to 195. Now that House Republicans have held this vote 37 times, is it safe to assume they’ve sufficiently scratched this itch? Perhaps not.

More here

NYT Editorial: When politicians want to turn scandals into metaphors, actual details of wrongdoing or incompetence no longer matter. In fact, the details of the troubles swirling around the White House this week are bluntly contradicting Republicans who want to combine them into a seamless narrative of tyrannical government on the rampage.

…. While Washington was arguing about e-mail messages about Benghazi, it wasn’t paying attention to the hundreds of thousands of defense furloughs announced this week because of the Republican-imposed sequester, which will become a significant drag on economic growth. It wasn’t focusing on the huge drop in the deficit, which has yet to silence the party’s demands for more austerity. And apparently it’s considered old news that Republicans are blocking several of the president’s cabinet nominees.

For those who are wondering whether this week’s political windstorms will hinder Mr. Obama’s second-term agenda, here’s a bulletin: That agenda was long ago imperiled by the obstruction of Republicans. (See Guns. Jobs. Education. And, very possibly, Immigration.)

Full editorial here

Steve Benen: n the Senate, a bipartisan bill on comprehensive immigration reform was introduced several weeks ago, and is already steadily working its way through the legislative process. The package, crafted by the “Gang of Eight,” has so far remained intact, and proponents are spending the bulk of their time lining up more support for the bill.

There’d be reason for optimism, were it not for the far-right Republican majority in the House, where there is no bill, and the Senate version already has plenty of critics. Last night, however, for the first time in a long while, reform proponents received some good news from the lower chamber.

More here

MoooOOOooorning – Happy Friday!

176 Responses to “Rise and Shine”

1. 1 ber6964
    May 17, 2013 at 10:00 am

Good Morning and TGIF Todville.

2. May 17, 2013 at 10:00 am

Hidee O’s!!!!! What another great getting up day again on TOD Boelevard eh?

So another day on the beat finds me watching House Ways and Means Committee holding hearings on the IRS. Former acting top guy, Commissioner Steve Miller, and is in the hot seat. He’s doing a good job, very measured and thoughtful and informative. Of course, that only works when the person asking the questions is willing to hear and learn. The Inspector General, a Bush appointee, (Somebody) George said in his report, that there was no evidence of political motivation, so it beats me why this is still an issue.

The partison ‘Pubs are only interested in lighting their own hair on fire while they continue to overreach. The Dems, while expressing concern and some outrage, at least are actually trying to get to the bottom of whatever issue there seems to be.

3. May 17, 2013 at 10:01 am

Good Friday Morning Chipsticks, TODers…Everyone.

Staying upbeat as I continue to watch the GOP/MSM’s faux scandal unravel.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day and a good start to the weekend.

4. May 17, 2013 at 10:04 am
    • 9 57andfemale
      May 17, 2013 at 10:23 am

Huh. Either Nerdy Wonka or zizi2 is blocking me on Twitter?!!? What did I do?!?!

• 10 57andfemale
        May 17, 2013 at 10:25 am

I’m FlowerInFaith on Twitter. can’t figure out why I would be blocked.

May 17, 2013 at 10:29 am

It probably happened by accident. You can block a person just by pressing the wrong key on your keyboard and I’m not sure which key is the culprit..I’ve found that out after accidentally hitting some keys on my computer and Twitter sending me message saying “you’ve unblocked so-and-so” and I know for a fact that I never blocked them intentionally.

• 13 57andfemale
          May 17, 2013 at 10:31 am

Nerdy Wonka is accepting my retweets. I can’t imagine what I’d do if I couldn’t retweet Nerdy Wonka all day long.

• May 17, 2013 at 10:40 am

Oops I am the problem. I must have accidentally blocked. I have unblocked you now

• 15 57andfemale
            May 17, 2013 at 11:01 am

Thanks! I’m Following you now, too. Us like-minded individuals have to stick together!

• 16 utaustinliberal
        May 17, 2013 at 10:32 am

I’m not blocking you. Did you check your twitter settings?

May 17, 2013 at 10:51 am

So in other word, is Miller saying it was Republicans checking out those racists clowns know as the Tea Party?

5. May 17, 2013 at 10:06 am

Good Morning my fellow TOD family, Chips.

May 17, 2013 at 10:07 am

G’morning Chips, TOD, lurkers, everyone, and congrats ber6964 & cookemom on 1st place tie!! :)

7. 25 cookemom
    May 17, 2013 at 10:11 am

IRS hearings airing and live streaming on CSPAN2 – http://www.c-span.org/Live-Video/C-SPAN2/

8. 26 japa21
    May 17, 2013 at 10:11 am

GM all. Well, to tell the truth, I am really disgusted today. I am tired of eharing how the whole AP thing is an attack on the 1st amendment. The WH did not try to stop the AP from publishing the leak, just asked they delay it, primarily to make sure that embedded agents of Britain were able to get out. Leaking classified info is a crime. Going after criminals, particularly those who break Fed law is the job of the DOJ. I agree the media should be allowed to protect sources, but when the source is a criminal, all bets are off. In effect, by not saying who the source is, the AP is aiding and abetting a person who committed a heinous crime. Anyway, the tweets below express part of my feustratioon with the whole thing.

9. May 17, 2013 at 10:11 am

I’m watching the IRS testimony before the House committee. It’s ironic that these congress people are so concerned about how this issue is tarnishing the credibility of the government to the American people when 1) the credibility has already been tarnished and 2) they are the primary culprit of this tarnishing.

Fortunately this President and his administration are in place and are doing what they can to clean up the tarnish that this Congress — especially the republicans — have inflicted through their obstruction and open disdain to average Americans.

10. 28 Eveingeorgia
    May 17, 2013 at 10:12 am

Chips, please read Ezra Klein this morning. Obama as Bulworth is the focus of it. It is mighty, mighty. It sounds more like a Stoneakettle piece. BTW, Stonekettle has two good ones up on Benghazi and the IRS. His language is far spicier than Klein’s, but they both are smoking hot this week.

11. 31 MightyPamela
    May 17, 2013 at 10:12 am

Morning Chipsticks, morning all.

12. 33 99ts
    May 17, 2013 at 10:14 am

Hello all – what a wonderful rise and shine – as always – I noted somewhere? that 2 democrats voted to repeal the ACA. I hope the power folks are taking note. Just a few months into a new congress there seems to be NO reason for any democrat to vote against health care.

I would also like to thank everyone for staying with the positive news – when I look at most of the so called liberal web sites – they are FULL of GOP talking points, at both State level and in DC. The President just keeps on leading the country, looking and being Presidential – and TOD keeps on reporting it.

13. 34 cookemom
    May 17, 2013 at 10:15 am

Meanwhile, back on the farm, consumer confidence in May crushes expectations – http://www.businessinsider.com/umich-consumer-confidence-may-first-read-2013-5#ixzz2TYgMfN8n

Time to impeach Obama, it’s his fault, you know.

14. 35 MightyPamela
    May 17, 2013 at 10:18 am

Heads up, TOD…I’m thinking we have birthday celebrating to do for one Bardgal of Cal-i-forn-i-aey….. Hope Chipsticks has her kitchen heating up!

15. 48 kathryn kivett
    May 17, 2013 at 10:18 am

I stated before that I did not think Mr. Miller was doing a good job b/c of his initial answers but he has since got it together and is doing a fine job….although you can tell he is PO for having to answer the questions in the first place.

16. May 17, 2013 at 10:20 am

Good morning everyone. Hope today is a brighter day!

May 17, 2013 at 10:22 am
    • 51 pkayden
      May 17, 2013 at 10:33 am

President Obama and Democrats need to trumpet this news, along with the news that the deficit has decreased to 640 billion (been halved under his administration). Let’s hear some good news for a change.

18. May 17, 2013 at 10:23 am

ObamaCareInThreeWords: One Less Worry

May 17, 2013 at 10:23 am

Hahahahahahahaha. The GOP is pissed off that Miller is telling them a few truths. After Citizens United in 2010, most of the 501c(4) applications came from Tea Party members and they deserved scrutiny because 501c(4) was a new demarcation and the IRS had to make sure that they weren’t using the social welfare compliance of 501c(4) to hide and protect their donors. It’s hilarious that the House GOP is trying to tie the IRS issue to Pres. Obama and OFA.

• 54 pkayden
      May 17, 2013 at 10:34 am

The GOP have to be angry when people tell the truths since all they do is spew T’Bagger lies.

• May 17, 2013 at 10:43 am

Miller is not helping the GOP congress people make their point. He is refusing to give a simple yes or no answer to some of their questions.

May 17, 2013 at 10:24 am
    • 57 amk for obama
      May 17, 2013 at 10:34 am

Love it that you point out that the dude is a shrub dude.

• 58 kathryn kivett
        May 17, 2013 at 10:43 am

I thought I heard him say he was a lifelong civil servant and not an appointee…just acting Commissioner…the Commissioner who left less than a year ago was a Bush appointee…Schulman(sp?)

21. 59 japa21
    May 17, 2013 at 10:25 am
  22. May 17, 2013 at 10:30 am

Don’t laugh at my Twitter ignorance :oops:

Is it better to manually retweet – ie by putting RT before the tweet – or just to click retweet?

Is it right that if you just click RT, the people who follow you but don’t follow the person you’re RTing won’t see it?

Does that make *any* sense??

• 61 utaustinliberal
      May 17, 2013 at 10:35 am

If you manually RT or retweet automatically, all your followers can see the tweet even if they’re not following the person you manually or automatically retweeted.

• 63 amk for obama
      May 17, 2013 at 10:35 am

retweet. twitter etiquette.

• 64 sherijr
        May 17, 2013 at 10:39 am

so all this time I should have been typing in RT before retweeting? I always just hit retweet, is that incorrect?

• 65 amk for obama
          May 17, 2013 at 10:42 am

No. You are doing it right. If you manually add RT, it doesn’t add towards the original twit’s retweets count.

• 67 forus50
          May 17, 2013 at 10:48 am

I don’t know why it’s necessary to type RT manually any more as Twitter –for the past year or so — has in light print (underneath the tweet) “retweeed by johnsmith”. I think when Twitter first came out the only way you could see who retweeted it was by opening up the “details”. Could be wrong but I don’t ever manually type RT anymore. Valuable milliseconds of time lost!! :) I only do it if of course I modify a tweet with MT.

• 69 57andfemale
      May 17, 2013 at 11:02 am

Good questions. Hopefully someone will inform us twitter-ignorant souls.

• 71 57andfemale
      May 17, 2013 at 11:06 am

Thanks to everyone who cleared this up.

May 17, 2013 at 10:30 am
  24. May 17, 2013 at 10:31 am

Love all those photos — such good times. Especially love that photo of President Obama holding Bo’s head as they both look out the car window. So adorable.

May 17, 2013 at 10:31 am

Great toons and great round up. Very pleased the benghazi is blowing up on these fuckers’ faces.

26. 75 Allison
    May 17, 2013 at 10:32 am

27. 76 Jovie
    May 17, 2013 at 10:33 am

There is our little friend. I wonder what he thinks about the scandals ? ;)

May 17, 2013 at 10:40 am

He’s working harder than ever and he has our President’s back. He’s pissed at the GOP/MSM for wasting people’s time and taxpayer $$ on foolishness.

28. 78 Nena20409
    May 17, 2013 at 10:34 am

Moorning, Good Morning, Good Morning To All TODville Villagers….

I don’t know if this has been posted. I just saw this 10mins ago. I have not read R&S yet. I am sure that Ms Chips was Brilliant as always. I am behind and I need to go back and catch up…..So pardon me if I am posting many have already read.

29. 79 99ts
    May 17, 2013 at 10:36 am

I’m still wondering why anyone in the IRS resigned – or was asked to resign??

• 80 amk for obama
      May 17, 2013 at 10:38 am

Yup. Me too.

May 17, 2013 at 10:42 am

Because they used criteria that they weren’t supposed to use, but it wasn’t political.

• 83 99ts
        May 17, 2013 at 10:48 am

Looks like one rule for every administration except the one with the blah guy in charge. All those advisors on WMD didn’t lose their jobs for much much worse than using the wrong criteria.

ABC didn’t even apologize for their blatent political LIES – and people resign/are sacked because they used the wrong search criteria??

May 17, 2013 at 10:50 am

I agree about the double standard. But hopefully, the President will have a chance to put in his own appointees. All the IRS folks who were involved and who resigned were Bush appointees.

• May 17, 2013 at 10:53 am

Seems like the intent was good. The implementation (i.e., the criteria) was flawed.

Shouldn’t the intent play a role in how severe the consequence should be? It seems that these days, extreme consequences must be given to prove non-bias and to silence the noise of the empty wagons who have the “off with their heads” mentality.

• 86 99ts
          May 17, 2013 at 10:59 am

The court of republicans in congress does not believe in the justice of “intent”. They seem to believe that every action, by the lowliest of admin employees is preplanned by the President. They really must think he is superman to be everywhere – doing everything – every day.

• May 17, 2013 at 10:46 am

Great pretext to clean out Bush appointees. As Miller said there are NO Obama appointees. I see what PBO is doing here

• 88 99ts
        May 17, 2013 at 10:50 am

Miller isn’t helping the GOP any it would seem – but I hope you are right – since they jumped in way too early and sacked Shirley Sherrod, I get nervous.

• 89 57andfemale
      May 17, 2013 at 11:13 am

Me, too. It appeared to be the usual Democratic b.s. We did it with ACORN and any number of issues. I so wish the administration would have made the point that this was already fixed last year, that it was the current IRS that identified the issue. AND, as Miller is testifying today, 99% of the 501 (c)(4) applications were from these groups and were deserving of scrutiny before obtaining tax exempt status.

Instead, by the administration and the always ‘fair’ Democrats agreeing that there was something discriminatory and sinister, the RWNJ’s now can say, with confident puffery, that there was indeed something wrong with the IRS determining the activities of these groups.

This is what I mean when I say we cede the narrative. I wish PBO and the administration had taken a breath and given thought to the political ramifications. You think the RWNJ’s are going to say how fair PBO is? No – they’re going to say that they were right, because the President is outraged that the tea party groups were in some way singled out for scrutiny.

This is what makes me crazy.

• May 17, 2013 at 12:01 pm

You may be right about ceding the narrative but the end result is PBO can now clean house of the Bush appointees and actually get his people in there. I was pretty upset about this in the beginning but as I was reminded PBO plays the long game. Narrative truth to tell doesn’t mean a whole lot if you wind up with nothing in the end. If PBO’s people can rewrite the whole 501(c) code so there’s no ambiguity then he loses the narrative but wins the war.

Not always but in this case ceding the narrative works out pretty well.

30. 91 kathryn kivett
    May 17, 2013 at 10:37 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TALLY…..yes I screamed so you all would not forget to invite me to the party…..I’m bringing jalapeno cheese dip topped with bacon so you all can have something to dip your cheesy puffs in…. and for an extra special present I am doing a rain dance for rain in Baltimore today….; ^ )

31. May 17, 2013 at 10:41 am

Thank you Chips for another fine R&S!

Congrats on 1st ber6964!!

Happy Birthday Tally!!!

Happy Anniversary Scott!!

#TrustBarack

32. 98 Jovie
    May 17, 2013 at 10:41 am

You see? The Republicans are in the desert looking for Obama! ;)

33. May 17, 2013 at 10:45 am

GM Chips TOD! Wonderful R&S…

• 101 Jovie
      May 17, 2013 at 10:48 am

They are all losing it, really showing the deep resentment and maybe it’s racial.
      Thoughts. ?

May 17, 2013 at 11:05 am

Jovie, there isn’t any doubt about it, it is racial, these Tea Party folks are racists, the Republican Party have accepted them so to me that means they are racists too. They can’t stand, they HATE this black President and his family.

• 103 99ts
          May 17, 2013 at 11:13 am

I think it is a little more skewed than that anniebella – I think many of them like Barack Obama, the person – but they cannot equate that to their beliefs that black men should all be hated because … who knows why.

To have an educated, personable and allround good guy family man in the white house – BUT he is black – is giving them terrible mind fogs. I think many TP people are also discovering that PBO is doing things to their benefit, that many of their friends are not aghast – rather they support the President – so at the end of the day – they have nothing – and that is sending them crazier.

• May 17, 2013 at 11:07 am

They have been off their rockers for oh I don’t know..since PBO was elected…I don’t know what generates this much animosity, but the normal primary politics stuff is no longer on the level.

34. 105 sherijr
    May 17, 2013 at 10:46 am

okay My President is going to be about 4.5 miles from my house today.. !! Maybe I’ll get a glimpse of him :)

35. May 17, 2013 at 10:47 am

#KARMA

#TrustBarack

36. May 17, 2013 at 10:47 am

Important look at the results of expanding infrastructure

May 17, 2013 at 10:48 am

。☆。*。☆。
    ★。\|/。★
    HAPPY B’DAY
    TALLY (HO)
    ★。/|\。★
    。☆。*。☆。

May 17, 2013 at 10:48 am

This is nice :)

May 17, 2013 at 10:49 am

This is basically what Steve Miller is doing to the GOP right now.

40. May 17, 2013 at 10:51 am

Is any of these Republican aides that doctored up the emails going to answer for their dishonesty? Should not this be some sort of ethical issues here? Are they to resign or get fired by their Republican bosses or are we to know who they work for in Congress, which Senator or Congressman. Now there is a Scandal which we will not know about. Who ever this aide is working for should be tried for treason or impeached or fired. The Republicans would be saying all this if the shoe was on the Democrat’s foot.

41. 133 Jovie
    May 17, 2013 at 10:52 am
      May 17, 2013 at 11:24 am

That was nice to see, After all the B.S. from the media and lying Republicans, seeing such a tender sweet moment between father and daughter like that was nice.

• 135 Nena20409
      May 17, 2013 at 11:35 am

So very sweet…..indeed a tear induced moment. How very Sweet……beautiful.

42. May 17, 2013 at 10:54 am
  43. May 17, 2013 at 10:57 am
    May 17, 2013 at 10:57 am

Off to dinner with the kenyans. See ya all later.

45. May 17, 2013 at 11:00 am

Real nice read….puts history and geopolitics in perspective.

46. 147 Linda
    May 17, 2013 at 11:01 am

Reporters Wonder why most Americans ignore the press ?

Some reporter from the Washington Post is tweeting , not about this hearing, he is tweeting about how cold it is in the room…….brrrrrrrrrrrrr..!

• 148 Nena20409
      May 17, 2013 at 11:40 am

Because the hearing is Not producing the fireworks and the perceived cover-up or whatever Gotcha moment they are seeking to find against president Obama…..

CNN and MSNBC have left the coverage….God forbid Americans should learn the whole truth…..

47. 149 sonjiaduncan
    May 17, 2013 at 11:04 am

Good morning Chips and our TOD’s family. So much to read, watch and write. Excited that Our President is coming to Baltimore City today. Everyone have a productive day.

48. 150 Jovie
    May 17, 2013 at 11:06 am

Like Russert-
    Probable legislation on the IRS and Obamacare.
    It has nothing to do with Obamacare.
    Is this where they are going next?
    Jezze!

• 151 Gazelle62
      May 17, 2013 at 11:12 am

Jovie, read my post from yesterday where I raised that issue. Bohner tweeted that one more reason to dismantle the ACA was that the IRS was involved in the penalty aspect of the law come 2014. My reasoning was that was the reason for the IRS leak so that the American people would be outraged and not trust the ACA re this IRS “scandal”.

• 152 Nena20409
      May 17, 2013 at 11:42 am

Yep that is where they are going….hence the TBGOPers are trying feverishly to have the Lady who is going to be overseeing the ACA and the IRS part of it removed and some scared Dems have joined them…..Levin, Rangel, etc.

49. May 17, 2013 at 11:10 am

ROFLMAO!!!

Miller just disdainfully said “Sir Please” to Rep Roskam when he asked a silly question about Miller’s notes.

• May 17, 2013 at 11:16 am

He was probably reacting not only to the absurdity of the question but the condescending way Roskam was addressing him.

No one seems to be in the mood for GOP’s crap this week.

50. 155 japa21
    May 17, 2013 at 11:11 am
  51. 156 cookemom
    May 17, 2013 at 11:12 am

I’m liking this Mr. Doggett (D-Tx). He says he disagrees with some of his Dem colleagues and asks J. Russell George, Bush’s IRS IG ‘isn’t it true that if the statue as written would have been followed we wouldn’t be in this mess.’ Noting that it’s not about tax review, but about folks trying to get around the statue to claim exemptions. He also blasted ‘pubs for the stooopid in trying to repeal ACA yesterday.

Then to prove Doggett’s point, the next ‘pub to ask questions Peter Roskam (R-Illinois), warrants an, “Oh please!” from the unflappable Mr. Miller.

52. 157 forus50
    May 17, 2013 at 11:14 am

LOL, POTUS = Wile E. Coyote. This IRS situation reminds me of the “Please proceed Governor” checkmate moment of the debate. GOP is having the vapors about IRS abuse of Teapots so POTUS fires the Bush IRS appointees.

• 158 dotster3
      May 17, 2013 at 11:23 am

I’ve been laughing at that too—–the result of the IRS brouhaha was getting rid of 2 Bush appointees—–well done, sir.

• 159 Ladyhawke
        May 17, 2013 at 11:40 am

Exactly, POTUS gets to clean house as a result of the IG Report and more focus is on the change from EXCLUSIVELY to PRIMARILY for social welfare groups. Lawrence O’Donnell has been on a rear about this issue since it was reported. Well, today he got his wish. Several of the Democrats on the panel have brought up the ambiguity in the wording of the laws governing the 501 (C) organizations. And that is the heart of the matter. Bottom line these groups should not be subsidized by the tax payers.

53. May 17, 2013 at 11:16 am
  54. 169 cookemom
    May 17, 2013 at 11:26 am

I love how ‘pub congress critters ask witnesses to defend or debunk articles written and appearing in the media. I would suggest the person who wrote the article be addressed directly to ‘splain said article. smh….

55. 170 Dakota
    May 17, 2013 at 11:28 am

Happy Birthday Tally! Another Taurus…we are rocking this place, aren’t we?

56. 173 anniebella
    May 17, 2013 at 11:31 am

So the guy from the IRS who is testifying has said that it was all G.W. Bush appointees.

57. 174 cookemom
    May 17, 2013 at 11:32 am

The Lutz rule of how to make a ‘pub point, regardless of the topic:

Filibuster, use plenty of run on sentences, never let the other person talk, raise your voice, over talk, hyperbole is your friend, use strawman arguments, breathe, then raise your arms in the air…..wave ‘em like you just don’t care.

58. 175 Jovie
    May 17, 2013 at 11:38 am

Thomas Roberts is a liar!! He said Steve Miller was appointed in 2012 ( interim)without prefacing he was an original Bush Appointee.

59. 176 sonjiaduncan
    May 17, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Pres. Obama Travels to Baltimore on ‘Jobs Tour’
    President Obama travels to Baltimore, Maryland, for his second “Middle Class Jobs and Opportunity Tour”. While in Baltimore, the President makes remarks during a visit through the a local manufacturing company.

Upcoming TV Airings: