May

Greetings from Asbury Park

President Obama holds a stuffed bear alongside New Jersey Governor Chris Christie after playing an arcade game along the boardwalk as they view rebuilding efforts following last year’s Hurricane Sandy

President Barack Obama high-fives children as he tours the boardwalk at Point Pleasant in New Jersey

1aa

Marielda Medina, 3, seated left, along with her grandmother Marie Jean-Baptiste, center, and mother, Gilberthe Jean-Baptiste, right, wait line up along Ocean Avenue in Asbury Park to hear President Barack Obama speak at Convention Hall.

1a

3g

3i

People watch as President Obama greets people after speaking about rebuilding efforts following last year’s Hurricane Sandy at the Asbury Park Convention Hall in Asbury Park

4aaa

Thank you LovelyPlains for lots of the photos in this post!

102 Responses to “Greetings from Asbury Park”

1. May 28, 2013 at 4:53 pm

Fast and Furious, Chips!

• 2 Dudette
      May 28, 2013 at 5:25 pm

Go Maryl1! Congrats on First!

• May 28, 2013 at 8:16 pm

Thank you so much, Dudette! I was surprised because normally this site is blocked at school, so I can only see the beginning of the post, not the replies etc. Today I forgot and clicked the link and, lo and behold, it’s not blocked anymore! Finally our IT guys must have realized what a truly great and worthy site this is!!

May 28, 2013 at 4:55 pm

why does it say “Move to trash” under the photos? NEVER!

May 28, 2013 at 4:55 pm

Jersey came out strong for POTUS. They looooooooooove him.

4. May 28, 2013 at 4:58 pm

WONDERFUL round-up, Chipstarrrr!!!!

5. 14 57andfemale
    May 28, 2013 at 4:58 pm

Top 5.

6. May 28, 2013 at 4:59 pm

That sound you hear are GOP heads exploding in reaction to all these happy smiling faces LOVING ON OUR POTUS!

7. 16 carolyn
    May 28, 2013 at 4:59 pm

Christie just wants some of that stardust from the President to spread his way for the 2013 election!

8. May 28, 2013 at 5:00 pm

A million sorries to LP, I was working on this post and then clicked publish …. and didn’t realize he had already posted :oops:

SO sorry LP, I’ve combined the two posts – thank you HUGELY for gathering photos!

May 28, 2013 at 5:01 pm

Did you combine the comments? Where are the inspiring words that were already entered? :roll:

May 28, 2013 at 5:11 pm

Did you see the news I posted for you from amk, vc??

May 28, 2013 at 5:14 pm

Yes thank you dear, and I responded, but Lady Mayor sent my creatively worded response into cyberspace. :razz: Just as well ’cause i was expressing surprise that you so easily accepted Amk’s assessment of me as a sleepy-head.

May 28, 2013 at 5:17 pm

:) I think it was the TOD wormhole…..scary stuff. Hope that never happens again! Very welcome…he wanted to make sure that you, specifically, knew about the good news:)

May 28, 2013 at 5:25 pm

Yeah, I replied to him. That was such great news. He is blessed with two very smart young ‘uns (from their mother’s influence as I always tell him). :lol:

May 28, 2013 at 5:33 pm

All the good stuff always comes from the mom’s side. Goes without saying…thought that was universally understood :)

• May 28, 2013 at 5:14 pm

No worries Chips! I had been editing the whole time and did not see you had a post in the works….. I had sent you a DM a few hours ago and assumed it was a go……then my computer froze for the last 15 minutes!!!

• May 28, 2013 at 5:19 pm

SOOOOOOO sorry again LP, I wasn’t on Twitter for the last couple of hours so missed your DM, as Amk would put it: I am an eejit!! Monster huge thanks for the post and for all your hard work, now combined with the pics in this post – you’re brill!

• May 28, 2013 at 5:38 pm

No reason to be sorry, just crossed the tracks at the same time….I am having computer issues anyway…hopefully will be cleaned up in a few. Chat in a bit!

9. 28 cookemom
    May 28, 2013 at 5:01 pm

Waaahhhhh!!! Can’t anyone hear me knocking on the WP door??? Open up the door please!!!!! This is a test to see if anyone hears me out in cyberspace bumbling around on the innertubz all by my lonesome. Wah!!!! I can’t be with my O peeps on another great getting up day in the land of TOD!!!

• 29 cookemom
      May 28, 2013 at 5:04 pm

OK Whew!!!! I see I managed to kick the door in.

May 28, 2013 at 5:06 pm

Tee Hee Hee! Sorry, but I could just see you were taken by surprise when the door opened (in the middle of your rant).

• 31 cookemom
          May 28, 2013 at 5:08 pm

I think I was a victime of the great TOD double diary merge. I must have been posting at the exact moment Chips decided to double our pleasure

May 28, 2013 at 5:12 pm

Most likely, Cookem, but for some reason I had this fast mental image of you beating on the door all hyped up in frustration, then a deflated ‘Oh. Okay. I’m in.’ What can I say but I’ve been frequently accused of having a weird sense of humour. :razz:

Glad you got in…really. :razz:

• 33 cookemom
              May 28, 2013 at 5:17 pm

Oh you got it right, just as I was about to leave to finish painting bathroom walls, the door opened.

I had made 3 different comments during my attempts to enter the halls of the mighty TOD. The statements were profound and would have been an enlightenment to all those privy to them. I dare not try to recapture them now, they are forever lost in pixel pixie land.

May 28, 2013 at 5:27 pm

I see you and I both feel the same way about our lost comments! For some reason it’s always my masterpieces that get lost – mostly my long ones too. Very aggravating! :grin: :grin:

10. May 28, 2013 at 5:05 pm
    • 36 jackiegrumbacher
      May 28, 2013 at 5:35 pm

Good. Thanks. Meta

• 37 relellit
      May 28, 2013 at 7:49 pm

Is it possible that old kook, Senator John McCain, does not realize he is not SoS and what he did by seeking in the back door and said about our President is treasonous?

Former U.S. Intelligence Linguist Scott Rickard says Senator John McCain’s visit to Syria is “high treason” as Washington does not have relations with Damascus more than a year.

11. 38 cookemom
    May 28, 2013 at 5:06 pm

So is there even a Dem running for Gov in New Jersey? Too bad Christie gets to put PBO’s 2nd visit as a new notch in his much looser post-lap band belt.

• 39 Bill R.
      May 28, 2013 at 5:31 pm

Barbara Buono is running. A good candidate but she needs more support to shine a light on Christie’s terrible record.

12. 40 Nena20409
    May 28, 2013 at 5:07 pm

I am not sure what happened here. I was commenting on a post and I was lost in Limbo and the more I tried, Nothing. Then it dawned on me that the the post just vanished in ethos. What happened?

• 48 nathkatun7
      May 28, 2013 at 7:29 pm

You know what, Ladyhawke, the GOP will continue to be “unserious about governing” so long as the media are always ready to to enable it. If, for once, the U.S. media were as serious about exposing the GOP’s “un-seriousness,” as they are about helping the GOP manufacture scandals to hurt the President, Republicans would quickly quit their BS.

May 28, 2013 at 5:09 pm

//…
    Without comment, the justices turned away Indiana’s defense of a 2011 law that would ban all Medicaid funds to an organization such as Planned Parenthood whose work includes performing abortions. The high court let stand decisions by a federal judge in Indiana and the 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Chicago that blocked the measure from taking effect.
    …//

• 50 cookemom
      May 28, 2013 at 5:12 pm

Those tinfoil hats are just about twirling all over the place from their owner’s heads exploding right about now.

May 28, 2013 at 5:19 pm

I think those tinfoil HEADS should be fined for wasting the court’s resources when they keep taking ‘silly’ issues before the court. In the same way I really, really thing House members who vote 30+ times on an issue already settled by the courts should be impeached have to repay a portion (100%) of the budget money (salary, light, heat, etc etc) wasted.

14. May 28, 2013 at 5:12 pm

Will have pics of the First Lady in the next post

15. May 28, 2013 at 5:12 pm

5:30 PM EDT: President Obama Speaks at the AAPI Heritage Month Celebration

16. May 28, 2013 at 5:13 pm

PBS will be running the Carole King In Performance at the White House tonight. Check your local listings!

17. 68 dotster3
    May 28, 2013 at 5:17 pm

Pardon me, but I’m outta the loop—–what is Electric Daisy? 65,000 showed up for this wild and crazy looking carnival, of some sort–in Chgo area. And why is everyone wearing stacks of those adolescent girl plastic bead bracelets?

• 69 cookemom
      May 28, 2013 at 5:24 pm

Oh that’s the music concert that Joliet gave permission to have at the Speed way four 4 days. They gave them a variance on the noise ordinance and said they could play music til 4am. The neighbors are livid. One guy said the sound shook the siding off of his house. The amps and speakers were so loud that folks many miles away were disturbed. Some likened it to fireworks that never ended. The city said they’d take the complaints under advisement for next year.

The promoters, being neighborly voluntarily lowered the noise level by a few amps. Now the siding is safe, but windows, not so much.

• 70 dotster3
        May 28, 2013 at 5:49 pm

Wow—that’s loud—-so sorry I don’t live in the vicinity and didn’t get to enjoy those 4:00a.m. sounds. I was just curious—-the gathering looked like it had a unique flavor, so to speak—-and wondered if ‘electric daisy’ had any special significance that everyone knows about but me.

18. 71 Ladyhawke
    May 28, 2013 at 5:18 pm

Eric Boehlert ‏@EricBoehlert 20h

——————————————-

“Once again: Only one-third of the groups checked [by the IRS] were conservative groups.”; http://bit.ly/10wm1YC

——————————————–

Retweeted by LOLGOP

19. 73 donna dem 4 obama
    May 28, 2013 at 5:21 pm

As I said on the vanished thread…..Lawd! There is something about his man and rain that makes your heart go a flutter….

Wowwie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. 78 Dudette
    May 28, 2013 at 5:23 pm

Grab your dictionaries! It’s Nerd Week!

21. 83 dotster3
    May 28, 2013 at 5:24 pm

Where did that opposite reporting come from?

22. 84 Nena20409
    May 28, 2013 at 5:26 pm

Alexrod on his reply today at MJ…..Funny….indeed.

• 85 vitaminlover
      May 28, 2013 at 8:24 pm

I really don’t know why Mr. Joke tries to take on people like David Axelrod. Mr. Axelrod can eat him for lunch with both hands tied behind his back! I mean really!

23. 86 cookemom
    May 28, 2013 at 5:26 pm

PBO outside in the rain. Nobody does it better. #wetdreams

24. 89 yardarm756
    May 28, 2013 at 5:27 pm

One day a golfer accidentally overturned his buggy.

Elizabeth, a very attractive and keen golfer, who lived in
    a villa on the golf course, heard the noise and called out,
    “Are you okay, what’s your name?”

“It’s Jorge, and I’m OK thanks,” he replied.

“Jorge forget your troubles. Come to my villa,
    rest a while and I’ll help you get the buggy up later.”

“That’s mighty nice of you,” Jorge answered,
    “but I don’t think my wife would like it.”

“Oh, come on,” Elizabeth insisted.

She was very pretty and persuasive.
    “Well okay,” Jorge finally agreed, and added, “but my wife won’t like it.”

After a restorative brandy, and some driving and putting
    lessons, Jorge thanked his host.
    “I feel a lot better now, but I know my wife is going to be really upset.”

“Don’t be silly!” Elizabeth said with a smile ,
    “She won’t know anything. By the way, where is she?”

“Under the buggy!” he explained.

May 28, 2013 at 5:35 pm

Finally, the assholes responded. Starve the wallet, people. That’s how you get corporations to take notice.

26. May 28, 2013 at 5:37 pm
  27. 96 dotster3
    May 28, 2013 at 5:57 pm
  28. 97 dotster3
    May 28, 2013 at 6:03 pm

I laughed at this because this is what I think every time I watch. I’ve decided Tweety is a certifiable goofball——he just spits out nonsense nonstop—–all sounds like it’s off the top of his head—–or from a lower place—–or some whim of the moment (Fineman whisper?) that has no basis in reality. Yep, he’s a goofball.

• 98 Linda
      May 28, 2013 at 6:07 pm

I had to mute him again today……..

He was challenging Richard Engel…as if he knows more than Richard about Syria………

May 28, 2013 at 6:04 pm

Did anyone around here hear cheering when the news of rapid declining deficit was written about? Republicans?? That’s what I thought:)

30. 101 Jovie
    May 28, 2013 at 6:14 pm

Senate GOP asks High Court to invalidate recess appointments
    Julian Hattem
    05/28/13 04:48 PM ET
    All 45 GOP senators signed a brief calling Obama’s appointments an unconstitutional abuse of power.…

What’s next?
    These recess appointments have happened under every administration.
    But I guess not this one.
    They are just determined to blow up government.

• 102 prettyfoot58
      May 28, 2013 at 8:25 pm

They are late…PBO already file a brief challenging a lower court’s decision to invalidate Corduay’s (sp) appointment as head of the CPB..