Jun

Rise and Shine

Saturday and Sunday:

The President has no public events scheduled

The Week Ahead:

Monday: The President and Vice President will host a National Conference on Mental Health at the White House that will bring together people from across the country to discuss how we can all work together to reduce stigma and help the millions of Americans struggling with mental health problems.

Tuesday: Hosts President Sebastián Piñera of Chile at the White House.

Wednesday: Welcomes the Super Bowl Champion Baltimore Ravens to the White House.

Thursday: Travels to the Charlotte area as part of his “Middle Class Jobs and Opportunity Tour.” He will then travel to San Jose, CA to attend an event for the DSCC. He will remain overnight in San Jose.

Friday: Travels to Los Angeles to attend an event for the DNC and then to Palm Springs, CA, to meet with Chinese President Xi Jinping at Sunnylands, the Walter and Leonore Annenberg Estate. He will remain overnight in Palm Springs.

Saturday: Returns to Washington.

ThinkProgress: Thanks To Obamacare, Young Adults And Hospitals Saved $147 Million In 2011 Alone

An estimated 3.1 million young Americans who would have lacked health coverage gained access to it thanks to an Obamacare provision that allows adults up to age 26 to remain on their parents’ health insurance. A new study published in the New England Journal of Medicine concludes that shift saved young people from paying — and hospitals from absorbing — $147 million in high medical bills for treating catastrophic conditions such as broken bones, poisonings, and traumatic brain injuries in 2011 alone.

More here

@bobcesca_go

Steve Benen: The ‘smoking gun’ fires blanks

Given the excitement on the right this morning, you’d think they’d found a video of President Obama personally shredding Tea Party groups’ tax-exempt applications in the Oval Office. What’s all the fuss about? The Daily Caller – which really didn’t need another bogus story dragging down its reputation even further – ran a report this morning, echoing a report from Fox News’ Bill O’Reilly last night, that said former IRS Commissioner Douglas Shulman visited the White House 157 times between 2009 and 2012.

….To borrow a phrase, this isn’t a smoking gun; it isn’t even a lukewarm slingshot … The right is just embarrassing itself at this point.

Full post here

And see The Atlantic: ‘The Fake Story About the IRS Commissioner and the White House – White House records show Douglas Shulman signed in for 11 visits, not 157, between 2009 and 2012′

Line of the week? Charles Pierce re Peggy Noonan going “on again about the IRS dumbassery”:

“A while back, she pronounced it the worst scandal in the history of scandalosity. Everybody laughed, even the ghosts of the Nicaraguan peasants killed by the contras with the weapons we bought for them by selling missiles to the mullahs in Iran, which happened while Peggums herself was contemplating hot monkey bunion-sex with Reagan’s metatarsals.”

Genius.

Joshua Green: ‘Obama’s Data Team Totally Schooled Gallup':

More here

Washington Post: The Senate unanimously confirmed President Obama’s latest nominee to the second-most powerful court in the country — the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit. But don’t take that as a sign that the battle of the bench has abated. In fact, it’s about to get much bigger.

There are still three vacancies on the D.C. Circuit, and Mr. Obama wants to nominate three people at once to fill them — perhaps soon. That would alter the ideological composition of the court.

…. Republicans are poised to argue that the D.C. Circuit’s workload isn’t heavy enough to require new judges and that the president is trying to “pack” the court…. they had no objection to the size of the court when they voted to confirm Mr. Bush’s nominees not so long ago. Now they have flipped for the sake of pure partisanship. We have enough of that in Washington already.

More here

That oh so offensive ad:

In case you missed it yesterday, greatest tweet ever:

A year ago today:

President Obama greets Randy Hobbs with his daughter Isabella, 5, after arriving in Minneapolis

President Obama writes a note for a boy after speaking to employees and guests at the Honeywell Golden Valley facility in Minneapolis, June 1, 2012

Completely random old videos

2004 – The newly elected Senator Obama and family:

2005 – Sworn in:

The Pizza Guy:

“I heard an Amen!”

MooooOOOOoooorning, Happy Saturday!

130 Responses to “Rise and Shine”

1. 1 MightyPamela
    June 1, 2013 at 10:20 am

Okay.

2. June 1, 2013 at 10:22 am

Good Saturday Morning Chipsticks, TODers…Everyone!

I’m glad that the storms in OK and MO were not any worse than they were but saddened about the fatalities and property damage that did occur. Prayers for the continued safety of those who live in that area. Good to know that Carolyn is safe.

Have a positive attitude and spread the positive vibes to those around you! :-)

• 8 carolyn
      June 1, 2013 at 10:36 am

Thank you, and thanks to all of you for caring what happened. Once again, our local weathercasters did us proud, getting the weather service info to us immediately. I was so glad that the President thanked the Weather Service forecasters last week. They deserved it.

Today the sky is beautiful light blue, the winds are calm, the clouds are white and light…..truly the calm after the storm, what the paper this morning called Nature’s Fury.

So glad the President has Saturday and Sunday with no public appointments. He deserves whatever down time he gets!

• 9 jackiegrumbacher
        June 1, 2013 at 12:14 pm

So glad you’re safe, Carolyn. It looks as if it’s going to be a brutal summer. Stay well.

June 1, 2013 at 10:25 am

• 11 africa
      June 1, 2013 at 10:37 am

I like, amk. May I borrow, please? :) :) :)

• June 1, 2013 at 11:03 am

In dubbing the ACA with the term “OBAMACARE”, the GOP was attempting to put a negative spin on what has been deemed a major legislative achievement during President Obama’s first term.

But this ploy has backfired. The President has derived a positive view of this label by asserting that OBAMA CARES! And the GOP has unwittingly tied President Obama to legislation that has already produced many benefits. As the last phases are implemented, Obamacare appears to be on track to generate additional benefits that will make it be viewed as a success.

June 1, 2013 at 10:28 am

Happy Saturday! Bringing all this over….

Winnsboro, Texas – Dozens of anomalies, including dents and welds, reportedly have been identified along a 60-mile stretch of the southern segment of the Keystone XL pipeline, north of the Sabine River in Texas.

In the past two weeks, landowners have observed TransCanada and its vendor, Michels, digging up the buried southern segment of the Keystone XL pipeline on their properties and those of neighbors in the vicinity of Winnsboro, Texas. Some of the new pipeline has been in the ground on some owners’ land for almost six months. It is believed that problems identified on this section of the Keystone XL route must have triggered the current digging, raising questions from landowners about the safety of the pipeline and the risk to personal property and water supplies.

Landowners are concerned that this digging is indicative of faulty pipeline along the route that could potentially leak and threaten water supplies, and have requested TransCanada and the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) to provide more information about the work.

The anomalies and other problems were reported to landowners along the line and a Public Citizen consultant by several TransCanada vendors, including an independent inspector and a right-of-way representative. (To see a video of several landowners discussing the pipeline problems, visit http://youtu.be/Uf0Vi3dp5bc.)

Oh…and this:

The proposed branch of the Keystone XL pipeline is likely to increase gas prices for Americans, contradicting claims by pipeline proponents, a recent Public Citizen report found.

And one more thought: Thank you National Weather Service for all you do, everyday, to keep Americans informed!! Good govt at work!!

5. 19 GGAIL
    June 1, 2013 at 10:31 am

Good West Coast Saturday morning Chipsticks & TOD family.
    Carolyn, thanks for letting us know that you are safe.
    Hope JOB safe travels & fun in Fla.
    Hope gobrooklyn is recovering well.

6. 20 Nena20409
    June 1, 2013 at 10:33 am

GM All TODbots around the world.

ObamaCare+ObamaEconomy=ObamaLegacy……..Darn Right, Amk ;)

Obamanomics :?: Okay, noooooo. Too much like Reaganomics :(

7. 23 sherijr
    June 1, 2013 at 10:34 am

thanks for the awesome Rise & Shine Chipster… Happy Saturday all of TOD… Someone please explain the Cheerios ad to me.. confused??

• 24 theo67
      June 1, 2013 at 2:58 pm

Racists attacked the comments section of the ad, upset that a mixed race family was being featured in the ad. Decent people pushed back at the racist minority. The Cheerios people disabled the comments and said that they’re not changing the ad, because they want to represent the families of America.

Decent people: Win; Racists: Lose again.

• 25 sherijr
        June 1, 2013 at 3:18 pm

Good on them – Cheerios! Thanks for the info theo… in my mixed race family.. we actually do eat Cheerios too ;)

• 26 theo67
          June 1, 2013 at 3:23 pm

I think a lot of people have mixed race families these days – our President comes from a very mixed race family. My family is mixed race, too. These racists are from an era that is thankfully dying a necessary death.

• 27 sherijr
            June 1, 2013 at 5:14 pm

I hope you’re right – about them dying out.. I’ve met a few since moving to MD- I expected them in ND.. but I’m disappointed that I’ve encountered so many here in Baltimore. But like you theo, I have high hopes.

8. 28 africa
    June 1, 2013 at 10:36 am

Amazing R&S. Thanks Chips. Also, test went well yesterday. No change in my status, so that’s good news, as far as my condition is concerned.

9. 31 africa
    June 1, 2013 at 10:40 am

Chips, thanks for highlighting my tweet on the front page.

June 1, 2013 at 10:41 am

G’morning Chips, TOD, lurkers, everyone, and congratulations Mighty P on #1 :)

Thank you Chips for an excellent round-up. That “Twitter feud” between the bird society and PBO was just hilarious!! :) And @BarackObama apparently loved it too!! HAHAHAHA!

June 1, 2013 at 10:47 am

Chiparooo, this is beyond fantastic. Put a big grin on my face.

1. Woooooot $147M in 2011 alone?!?! You freaking rock ObamaCare!

2. Hahahahahaha…Shulman visited the white house only 11 times. Whump…whump…whump for the GOP. :lol:

3. Peggy Noonan really needs to heed the doctor’s advice and take her sane pills three times a day.

4. Anyone who find the Cheerios ad offensive is a bloody bigot. Interracial couples, families, and children are everywhere. EVERYWHERE; and it’s beautiful to see.

5. Team Obama are digital wunderkinds and have a great sense of humor. Responding to The Onion’s amazing series of tweets by encouraging everyone to follow @AudubonSociety? Brilliant!

6. The videos! Oh the memories. The “I heard an Amen!” video had me rolling with laughter.

Wonderful Chiparoo! Just wonderful.

• 34 sherijr
      June 1, 2013 at 11:02 am

ah thank you ut for explaining the Cheerios ad.. was wondering what that was all about.

• June 1, 2013 at 11:14 am

MoooooOOOOOOOOOOOOoooorning UT, thank yooooooooooooou!

• 36 jackiegrumbacher
      June 1, 2013 at 12:20 pm

UT, you are a great summer upper. Love the way you take something complicated and compact it into a simple coherent sentence. You have no idea how useful this will be in whatever career path you choose. It’s a rare gift.

June 1, 2013 at 10:47 am

13. June 1, 2013 at 10:48 am

Good Morning, Everyone :)

14. 41 99ts
    June 1, 2013 at 10:48 am

Hello all, wonderful rise and shine Ms Chips – good news weekend it shall be.
    The Audubon society just got its best publicity ever – probably lots of new members – also, too

15. June 1, 2013 at 11:03 am

Hello TOD! Hope you all have a good Saturday. My niece and her mom are coming to visit me today and they are bringing some goodies.
    I’m in much less pain than I was yesterday. Meaning I can move/turn in the bed for baths/bandage changes, etc. w/o screaming like a baby. My physical therapy will be stepped up so that crying may return :) :)

The best part is that I actually got 4 hours of sleep in 2 hour blocks last night. Yes, it’s quite unusual because I have people coming in my hospital room every 2-3 hours for all kinds of reasons.

So that’s my update for today.

• 44 JER
      June 1, 2013 at 11:08 am

Wishing that each day brings your renewed strength, brighter times, and a healthier, happier you. Get well soon.

• 47 utaustinliberal
      June 1, 2013 at 11:09 am

Glad you’re in good spirits GB. And yay for sleep! Hope things continue to look up. We’re all rooting for you. :D

• 49 sherijr
      June 1, 2013 at 11:10 am

GB- glad you are recovering.. it’ll take time and plenty of rest, so grateful it all went well.. wishing you all the best.

June 1, 2013 at 11:10 am

Nice to hear that you’re doing better, gb! You can bet the house that when the PT gets their hands on you that your crying will return:) Count on it! But the goodies will be nice……one day at a time! We’re all thinking about you :)

• June 1, 2013 at 11:14 am

Love reading your positive update, gb. May each day, no each hour, bring you renewed strength.

• 54 MightyPamela
        June 1, 2013 at 11:19 am

This, guaranteed, but it makes all the difference in the world! PT doesn’t even mind if you cry during the session, they just keep on encouraging! Wish I had that at home, but my kitty views it all as another version of human madness! ;)

• June 1, 2013 at 11:54 am

Yeah, I met the guy who’s in charge of the team and…OMG! He’s nice, seems patient but a little bit rough. I’m going to stay on my game just so he won’t have to “help” me again. :)

• 56 MightyPamela
      June 1, 2013 at 11:16 am

GoBrooklyn, this is so good to hear. Even what may seem small improvement is a huge relief to the person enduring the recovery! Light all around you! :)

• June 1, 2013 at 11:20 am

Wonderful news GB! Especially great that you were able to get some good sleep, you must be exhausted from it all. Keep getting better and stronger, that’s an order!

June 1, 2013 at 11:21 am

Thanks for this update GB. Glad to hear that your pain has been reduced. Hope the rest of your days goes as smoothly with family visiting and all, and sending more healing vibes to you. :)

• 62 dotster3
      June 1, 2013 at 11:31 am

I like your spirit, gb. Even right after your surgery, your sense of humor was still intact—-with your “deh pain, deh pain” comment. I was impressed! Hope your goodies are especially good today. Keep fighting. Enjoy your day. Continuous positive healing thoughts zooming your way.

• June 1, 2013 at 11:43 am

Thanks Dotster. I’m feeling those healing thoughts for real.

• 64 canadabarb4obama
          June 1, 2013 at 1:25 pm

If you get cheesy-puffs, would you consider sharing with us? After the PT. ask if you can have a soothing foot massage!
          Here’s a cute story: just about 6 years ago, I had a stroke; in hospital, the pt came in to see me and her name was Bev; when she introduced herself, she said “hi, i’m Osama Bev Laden, Physio Terrorist”; at the time, it fit my strongest suit: sense of humour as I pictured everything through the John Cleese lens of Monty Python!
          The most comforting thing was receiving a lovely foot massage!
          Many rays of healing energy to you, GB.

• 67 99ts
      June 1, 2013 at 11:33 am

Enjoy the visitors and the goodies – take care of you

• 69 GGail
      June 1, 2013 at 12:00 pm

gobrooklyn, I just mentioned you in my first post….it is so good to hear you are making progress! Enjoy your visitors and goodies today :-)

• 71 africa
      June 1, 2013 at 6:11 pm

Blessings. :) :)

16. 72 sherijr
    June 1, 2013 at 11:08 am

okay I just read the whole onion spoof- hilarious! And how very cool that POTUS then did a #FF. They – the Obama folks- never miss anything, do they?

June 1, 2013 at 11:24 am

Indeed – the Onion spoof is just so hilarious and it’s fascinating how Team Obama seamlessly blends into every aspect of our social/cultural discourse!

• 74 sherijr
        June 1, 2013 at 11:30 am

exactly hf… I’m constantly astounded how on top of things they are… and their brilliant humor- they know how to be playful.

17. 75 africa
    June 1, 2013 at 11:11 am

Anyone see that Poulos guy on Bill Maher last night. Complete PBO hater. Bill was having none of him. Woman on there former person from PBO admin. At one point he challenged her asking if she had read bill, while talking about Obamacare. Her response: I helped write the bill. From him: Crickets. It was a thing of beaut.

Off to work folks. Got an adopt recruitment picnic today. Have a great day all.

• 76 Nena20409
      June 1, 2013 at 11:26 am

I saw that this Morning. That Poulos was truly a misguided rightie…..works for HP Live. I was searching for a free clip from last night to post here…..but nothing yet.

Mediaite has a couple clips….but those clips are just not good enough for TOD viewers.

• 77 dotster3
        June 1, 2013 at 11:36 am

He was terrible—-interesting that he’s a biggie at HP——he was anti-Obama from start to finish—–all kinds of senseless complaints.

• 78 HZ
      June 1, 2013 at 11:48 am

Good Morning my beautiful Chips and TOD family. So wonderful to hear that gobrooklyn is making great progress. I still keep the candles, prayers, and goodness of thoughts in my meditation and devotional times for you Gobrooklyn. Keep you spirit as centered as possible, Declare this your ‘Enjoy my company visit and all of the goodies.’

Safe and lovely travels to JOB and each of my TOD family members. Enjoy your time and allow as much laughter, love, and peace enter into your space.

Africa, please know that much love is being sent out to enter your space. I have the same problem, but doctor is keeping a watch on it.
      () () going forth for you, Africa.

I am so elated to see my tnmtngirl here this morning. Please do not think that I am out of my mind; but last evening while having some “Centered Quiet Time” before retiring for the evening, tnmtngirl came to my mind. So I know where the wonderful loving connective loving spirits land when I need them. So good to see you, and I hope and pray all is well. (((Hugs to you)))

Love my President. Love the videos. Our First Daughters have grown up right before our eyes. So precious to always see our President and First Lady.

Love all of the information, Chips. We are in great hands and he is being blessed even as we speak. I hope that he will also get some relaxing time as well. We have such a hardworking and brilliant POTUS. He will make it through all of this. Remember the scripture that he quoted in that one video? We will be fine even in the trouble that so many are causing. I have faith in that. I live it daily.

I will leave my beautiful TOD family with these quotes: ” You will never move up if you are continually running somebody down.”

“He who blows out the other fellow’s candle won’t make his own shine any brighter.”

“Have you ever noticed that most knocking is done by folks who don’t know how to ring the bell?”

“He who throws dirt, loses ground.”

“He has the right to criticize who has the heart to help.” From: “Wise Words and Quotes”, Vern McLellan.

Have a lovely and safe Sat.

Lots of love to Carolyn. So grateful that you are fine. I thought of you last evening during my meditation and prayer time. (((Hugs ,Carolyn)))HZ

• June 1, 2013 at 11:54 am

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ HZ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• 80 HZ
          June 1, 2013 at 8:07 pm

Thank you my special angel. You are so wonderful to all of us, and I truly appreciate what you have given us in this space. (((Love you)))HZ

• June 1, 2013 at 12:01 pm

Good morning HZ!! Your beautiful words are always such a balm to me and all of us here at TOD. You are such a beautiful soul. Our President depends on all of us here at TOD to support him in ways no other supporters can. This is a very special place. Have a beautiful day. Blessings to all.

• 82 HZ
          June 1, 2013 at 8:15 pm

((((( Lots of thank you hugs, mtmarilyn.))))) This is my beautiful showers of blessings here. Our TOD family is such a beautiful, bright, and brilliant group of beautiful souls. Blessings to you as well. We will take all that we can with and for our President.HZ

• 83 carolyn
        June 1, 2013 at 12:16 pm

Thank you HZ! I have a feeling I was in your meditation and prayers when I was in the bathroom with my two doggies. I felt no panic.

• 84 HZ
          June 1, 2013 at 8:18 pm

Yes you were and will continue to be Carolyn. I prayed and thought of you from the moment I heard the and saw what was taking place.

I am so grateful that you and your precious doggies are fine, and you did not panic. (((((( Keep safe, my beautiful one))))))HZ

• 85 GGail
        June 1, 2013 at 12:24 pm

HZ, you are a beautiful soul. Much love to you!

• 86 HZ
          June 1, 2013 at 8:20 pm

Thank you, GGail. It is very hot in your area? It is 101 where I am. Keep cool and relaxed. Love you back also.HZ

• 87 jackiegrumbacher
        June 1, 2013 at 12:26 pm

Great quotes, HZ. I especially love the “He who throws dirt, loses ground.” I hope that’s prophetic about the GOP in 2014.

• 88 HZ
          June 1, 2013 at 8:25 pm

I love that one also, jackiegrumbacher. I hope so as well. I thought of that when I was reading them after reading my devotional material.

We will try our very best to make it a win full of blessings for our President to complete his goals for our nation. We Will Do It.HZ

• 89 MightyPamela
        June 1, 2013 at 1:58 pm

HZ, you are deeply Loved.

• 90 HZ
          June 1, 2013 at 8:00 pm

You are as well, my beautiful MightyPamela. I admire your spirit and deep compassion for others.HZ

• 91 africa
        June 1, 2013 at 6:08 pm

((((((((hugs)))))))))))))) Thank you!! You are truly a gem.

• 93 theo67
      June 1, 2013 at 3:11 pm

These right wingers drive me crazy when they complain about the length of the health care bill or accuse people of not reading the bill! I read that bill from cover to cover – most of it was formatting and open space – the actual content of the bill was a fairly quick read. And Congress had months to review that bill during the long battle to pass it. That’s their job – to write, read and debate bills before they pass them. They get paid a lot of money. And for something as complex as health care, which is 1/6th of the economy, one would expect a very complex bill to deal with it! They’re not serious.

18. 94 Nena20409
    June 1, 2013 at 11:29 am

OK….2 down, possibly more to go from GITMO
    Mauritania receives 2 prisoners from Guantanamo

June 1, 2013 11:15 AM EST |

NOUAKCHOTT, Mauritania — A prisoner support group says that three Mauritanians – including two detainees from Guantanamo – were returned to their country late Friday night.

Hamoud Ould Nabagha, chairman of the Support Committee for Guantanamo Prisoners, said the prisoners arrived at Nouakchott airport aboard a United States military aircraft. He said the prisoners include Mohamedou Ould Slahi and Ahmed Ould Abdel Aziz, both of whom were held at Guantanamo. The third is El Haj Ould Cheikh El Houssein Youness who was held at the U.S. military base at the Bagram Airfield in Afghanistan.

166-2=164.

Going down, You bet.

19. 98 forus50
    June 1, 2013 at 11:33 am

I follow “The Onion” on Twitter and just happened to see the tweet series when they first posted it the other day; it was so damn clever! I remember when I first moved to Chicago years ago and hadn’t seen the little free newspaper before and I was reading some story in it and got sooooo mad that they had the facts all wrong. Embarrassingly, someone had to point out that it was satire.

I don’t know if you saw The Audubon Society’s tweet to “The Onion”. lol.

20. 99 forus50
    June 1, 2013 at 11:34 am

Chipsticks – AWESOME, AWESOME post this a.m. Thank you!

• June 1, 2013 at 11:37 am

Ah Forus, thank you soooooo much, I missed almost everything yesterday so there could be lots of good stuff left out – will catch up with it all eventually! Happy Saturday!

21. 102 mellesia barnett
    June 1, 2013 at 11:43 am

Good Morning Chipsy and fellow TOD’ers. Have a wonderful Saturday :-)

22. 103 GGail
    June 1, 2013 at 11:56 am

That Cherrios commercial is so cute! I don’t watch much television, so I don’t know if it’s showing here in SoCal, but the little girl is soooo cute!

• 104 theo67
      June 1, 2013 at 3:14 pm

It’s showing here in SoCal – I’ve seen it quite a bit since last night. They’re showing a long and short version of it. The little girl is adorable and so bright!

23. June 1, 2013 at 12:04 pm

I understand that MSNBC & Daily Kos, etc. ratings are down. I’m not surprise, I have stop watching MSNBC or reading most so call liberal blogs. I can’t the continued bashing of PBO. Nothing in Washington is black & White, but that is the coverage the President is receiving. He is getting hammered from the right & the left. I only read TOD, PoliticusUSA & Think Progress.

June 1, 2013 at 12:13 pm

You’re missing out on some great stuff then:) The People’s View ( with our very own Liberal Librarian!) and ThePragmaticPundit with our very own FayPax! And, of course. our very own WiW….What is Working (she has tremendous resources there and has put in a MAJOR amount of work! ) You really owe it to yourself, and others that you can pass these to, to visit those sites on a regular basis….. :) Happy Reading!!!!

• 107 Don
      June 1, 2013 at 12:15 pm

Very interesting, JD Crittendon.

• June 1, 2013 at 12:19 pm

Hi JD, honest, there are lots of GREAT blogs out there that will raise your spirits with the truth – just check the blogroll here:

I’ll update it asap, if anyone has any suggestions for blogs I should add, please let me know – thank you!

24. June 1, 2013 at 12:10 pm

25. 113 donna dem 4 obama
    June 1, 2013 at 12:34 pm

Good Saturday Afternoon TOD

Chips and all of the Blog Tyrants thank you for the extraordinary job you do day in and day out to keep it real with the facts!

Gobrooklyn, I am so happy to read that you are recovering and that the pain from your surgery is subsiding. You remain in my thoughts and prayers for a complete healing.

Carolyn, thank God you and your family are okay after the tornado yesterday.

TOD Family please keep one big thing in mind….We Won this last election and try as the opposition might they can’t take that away from us. Our economy is improving in spite of the Republican obstruction just as the President said it would and soon millions of people will have health care. Regardless of what you see on cable tv or the internet this President will go down in history as the most successfully productive President evahhh!!! This fact terrifies the Right which is why they stay in the grasping at straws; throw everything at him to see if it sticks mode.

And to all those on the left who constantly doubt and question his every move (Yep those on twitter as well as these so-called progressive cable show hosts) they will continue to have to eat their words.

Remember TOD there is an endless supply of paint!

Have a great Productive O’Day Everyone!!!

June 1, 2013 at 12:40 pm

The Latest Report On Medicare Shows The Program Is Getting Stronger

June 1, 2013 at 12:44 pm

• 119 Nena20409
      June 1, 2013 at 1:19 pm

Hey Mark try playing Golf in the heat….you might just melt away some of your fluffiness.

POTUS is fit, healthy and active, so don’t sweat it with his Golf. Only frozen creamy sweet tooth thingy would worry about Temp 86 to 91 degrees.

June 1, 2013 at 4:59 pm

If POTUS enjoys playing golf, then good for him. What do Knoller want him to do sit around the WH stuffing his face. By the way, thanks for the info Mark Knoller.

28. June 1, 2013 at 12:46 pm

Just tweeted TJ this, truly amazing snoring :???:

June 1, 2013 at 1:18 pm

Small govt my dying ass. I wish people would take the blinders off and open their eyes! They care nothing about people…they care about profits and power.

• 124 theo67
      June 1, 2013 at 3:26 pm

This is disgusting. What’s wrong with the GOP? Who are they? What happened to their humanity?

30. 125 Nena20409
    June 1, 2013 at 1:34 pm

In France at the French Open:

Rafael Nadal shakes off Fabio Fogini…..coming once again from behind to be Victorious.

31. June 1, 2013 at 2:31 pm

Sweet HZ, Thank you for those wonderful thoughts and words. Yes, connective thoughts DO work. I truly believe that. Appreciate your thinking of me. Chips has created such a loving place here for all of us. WE ARE BLESSED!!!!!

June 1, 2013 at 2:37 pm

Fair and balanced

June 1, 2013 at 2:50 pm

Is something wrong with my TOD link? It doesn’t seem to be ‘working’ at all within the last little while!