Jun

Germany: The Schedule

Wednesday – all times EST (6 hours behind Germany):

3:05 AM: The President and First Lady meet with Embassy personnel in Berlin

4:0 AM: The President is welcomed by President Joachim Gauck in a ceremony at Schloss Bellevue, Berlin

4:15 AM: Holds a bilateral meeting with President Gauck

5:0 AM: Arrives at the German Chancellery and is welcomed by Chancellor Angela Merkel

5:15 AM: Holds a bilateral meeting with Chancellor Merkel

6:0 AM: Participates in a joint press conference with Chancellor Merkel

7:35 AM: Joins Chancellor Merkel for a working lunch

9:0 AM: Delivers remarks at the Brandenburg Gate

10:05 AM: Signs the Golden Book of Berlin

10:15 AM: Meets with Peer Steinbrueck of the Social Democratic Party

12:45 PM: The President and First Lady arrive at Schloss Charlottenburg and are welcomed by Chancellor Merkel and her husband, Professor Joachim Sauer

2:0 PM: Attend dinner with Chancellor Merkel and Professor Sauer

During the day, First Lady Michelle Obama will visit the Asisi World of the Panoramas and the Berlin Wall Memorial

3:55 PM: The President and First Family depart Germany

12:40 AM: Arrive the White House

“And about time too”:

141 Responses to “Germany: The Schedule”

1. 1 Dudette
    June 18, 2013 at 9:33 pm

Race to the Top! Zing!

2. 12 vitaminlover
    June 18, 2013 at 9:33 pm

Did Bo go?

3. 15 Dudette
    June 18, 2013 at 9:34 pm

Gorgeous picture of the Brandenburg Gate! And that Cutie-Pootie-Pooch!

4. June 18, 2013 at 9:34 pm
  5. 26 japa21
    June 18, 2013 at 9:36 pm
  6. June 18, 2013 at 9:38 pm

Good evening guys. I really enjoy the pics Chips. TOD seems to be one of the few places that is actually showing the trip

7. June 18, 2013 at 9:39 pm
  8. June 18, 2013 at 9:40 pm
  9. 35 Nena20409
    June 18, 2013 at 9:41 pm

The Top picture, What a Postcard Photo. Just lovely.

Bo…….handsome…..you ;)

10. 36 Dudette
    June 18, 2013 at 9:45 pm
  11. June 18, 2013 at 9:48 pm

Ok, so I saw Superman this weekend. I do have a movie review on my blog, but its too long to post here, so please check it out here: http://wp.me/pqDfz-28
    Be forewarned, it’s a decidedly female oriented review, so expect lots of hot pics of the new Superman of course…lol
    Hotness: A++++++ (um just take a look at the pics of Cavil I posted).

Overall: Definite A, but with the disclaimer that I may have just been blinded by the awesome perfect hotness that was/is Henry Cavil…soo…LOL!

I definitely recommend it if you’re a Supes fan or not. You will enjoy it.

My reaction to Man of Steel and Henry Cavil’s Hotness: http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a330/nellybell28/itstoomuch_zpsca2bac8c.gif

• 38 Dudette
      June 18, 2013 at 9:55 pm

Oh thank goodness! Someone to whom I can profess my undying love for that movie and that hubba-hunka-smokin-fevah-rockin-Henry! Cavill! I know I’m probably old enough to be his… um, older sister [gulp]… but if lovin’ him is wrong, I don’t wanna do right!!! :-D

• 41 Dudette
      June 18, 2013 at 9:56 pm

I FEEL YOU, Girl!!!!

12. 42 arapaho415
    June 18, 2013 at 9:49 pm

Update on @MMHastings.

His accident was in the Hancock Park area of Los Angeles, a flat thoroughfare that invites speeding at 4:30 am (not a dead-man’s curve type of accident). I was concerned about him because his recent tweets seemed like they were sent by a desperate, raving mad person.

I won’t post it here, but if you want to see the remains of his car and the LA Times article, go to my twitter feed @arapaho415 — both tweets I’ve sent today are about this accident.

June 18, 2013 at 10:00 pm

I checked LAT and saw the car. Tragic.

• 44 Nena20409
        June 18, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Was it just his car? Did he collide with another car?

The Guy was just on Up with Steve K. He dominated the conversation. I thought he was on something. I said so too, out loud. I feel sad now, for having thought so. At 33 yrs old. That is way too young. I sincerely feel for his wife and family.

• 47 Dudette
          June 18, 2013 at 10:11 pm

Regardless of his politics, way too young. So awful!

• 48 arapaho415
          June 18, 2013 at 10:33 pm

His wife’s Twitter bio @Elise_Jordan says she was “Bush administration NSC staffer and @StateDept speechwriter. Mississippi native. Horse/dog lover.”

If you see the picture of the one-person car wreck, you can see that it was caused by excess speed.

He obviously had a reckless personality, and seemed increasingly unhinged.

His death will have a profound impact on his fellow emoprogs, especially those who were born in the 1980s and 1990s.

Some will dig their heels in, but others may learn a life’s lesson about mortality, especially when they see their buddy @ggreenwald go up in flames too (figuratively; not wishing physical harm on anyone).

13. 49 japa21
    June 18, 2013 at 9:55 pm
  14. June 18, 2013 at 9:56 pm

Beautiful photos! How do people capture PBO and Flotus so beautifully in sync.

• 54 nathkatun7
      June 18, 2013 at 11:15 pm

I love Joe Biden. He is smart, passionate, courageous, but above all very authentic. He is my #1 choice to succeed President Obama. I am hoping that people won’t discriminate against him because of age. By the way, he is not that much older than Hillary Clinton.

15. 55 Dudette
    June 18, 2013 at 10:05 pm

Re-mix!

16. 56 Dudette
    June 18, 2013 at 10:08 pm

Love my Captain Picard!

17. 57 Layla
    June 18, 2013 at 10:14 pm

Question for the GOP rep who opposes abortion re male fetuses masturbate: what about female fetuses, has he seen any of them masturbating..

18. 60 Jovie
    June 18, 2013 at 10:16 pm
  19. 61 Nena20409
    June 18, 2013 at 10:16 pm

A once famous quote:

If you want to Live like a Republican, Vote for a democrat.

Over the Years……at least in 80 yrs…….the number do not lie.

In the stock market, GDP, Earnings, Deficit reduction, etc…..Dem POTUS outperform GOP POTUS.

Dems need to Go Boldly where they have always timidly failed to go……Tout their achievements over the years…..loudly, proudly. repeatedly and often until every Southerner, MidWesterner, heck until all are aware of the numbers and the record are as clear as the Blue sky.

• 62 Dudette
      June 18, 2013 at 10:18 pm

Oooo that needs to be tweeted big time ( and with art)!!

• 63 Nena20409
        June 18, 2013 at 10:27 pm

There was a Chart here that was posted many times with all the numbers. As the economy is steadily improving, now is the time to bombard these Media and rightie types with indisputable Facts, data, etc. I agree, Our Twitter TOD brigade Team would do their level best.

20. 64 Dudette
    June 18, 2013 at 10:16 pm

For the Queen of All Blogdom — Chips!

21. 67 LDS
    June 18, 2013 at 10:28 pm

Dudette, congratulations for being #1 waaaaaaay up there. It is about time!
    Love your spins and just enjoying this trip of Our First Family. Wake up early and go to bed late catching up, but it is all worth it. What would we do without Ms. Chips? I absolutely cannot stomach the MSM here. I explain to so many young people including my own what is going on abroad. It is a damn shame our children are not privy to these events here. They push all of the irrelevant reality shows and red carpet events, nothing about this President ‘s history making speeches that are inspiring young people all over the world.

We have to speak boldy and courageous about the truth whenever there is an opportunity to do so. Correct the ignorance and hate that is trying to overtake our young people because they are not being informed what a wonderful future they will have to look forward because of a President who cared.

22. 70 Dudette
    June 18, 2013 at 10:32 pm

Jingle bells, jingle bells Repugs smell, my POTUS can’t be beat!
    Oh what fun it is block these bastards stupid tweets!

Fa, la, la, la, laaaa… la, la, ha haaaaaaa! :cool:

23. June 18, 2013 at 10:32 pm

For PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA the greatest president in our lifetimes (perhaps in history) and the entire FANTASTIC First Family and all of our wonderful women and men in uniform and in government service PLUS…………my magnificent TOD FAMILY:

24. 77 Dudette
    June 18, 2013 at 10:38 pm

Well my oh me! I do believe I done re-invigorated a twitter trend! Yay me! :-)

25. 78 Dudette
    June 18, 2013 at 10:42 pm

Let me fix this mess:

Jingle bells Repugs smell, my POTUS can’t be beat!
    Oh what fun it is block, these bastards stupid tweets!

Fa, la, la, la, laaaa… la, la, ha haaaaaaa!

[Hmmm, might need a few more verses] :cool:

26. 79 Nena20409
    June 18, 2013 at 10:43 pm

My Favorite Neil Diamond Song

I am, I said

I have always like Diamond and Andy Kim

• 80 Dudette
      June 18, 2013 at 10:47 pm

Warm, touchin’ warm! Reachin’ out! Touchin’ me! Touchin’ you…… :-D

• 81 Nena20409
        June 18, 2013 at 10:56 pm

When you were gone on Vacation…..I posted a few of Rod Stewart’s songs. The man has so many songs that are Just deliciously soothing…..and with his smokey raspy voice………..Hmm……..Have mercy ;)

• 83 daisydem
      June 18, 2013 at 11:11 pm

Re the Diamond song …. My favorite too. Always has been. I am a big ND fan. I read in an interview once that “I am . . .I said” is his favorite too.

27. 84 Dudette
    June 18, 2013 at 10:44 pm

Yechhhh! So many pictures of Reagan on people’s twitter profiles. Sad, really sad.

28. 88 Jovie
    June 18, 2013 at 10:44 pm

The Man who was part of the Weather Underground, Bill Ayers, says the President should be tried for war crimes.
    This is why people should just shut up!

29. 90 Dudette
    June 18, 2013 at 10:45 pm

Hmmm, is there a limit on how many people you can block in one day? :-D

30. 92 Jovie
    June 18, 2013 at 10:49 pm
  31. 93 Nena20409
    June 18, 2013 at 10:58 pm

Be Well TODers, sleep well.

Love, Hugs and Peace :)

32. 95 Dudette
    June 18, 2013 at 10:58 pm

C’mon Twittah friends… just five more re-tweets and I win a set pot holders. :-)

33. 103 Dudette
    June 18, 2013 at 11:00 pm

OMG! Terry Freakin’ McMillan re-tweeted! Lawd ha mercy!!!!

34. 105 japa21
    June 18, 2013 at 11:06 pm
    • 106 Jovie
      June 18, 2013 at 11:12 pm

The funniest was today, after the NSA dude detailed 4 saves from Terrorism. Every single person in the media had the same talking points.
      They said, but is it worth it?
      So, the MSM thinks these programs that have saved lives, is not worth it?
      Amazing! Simply amazing!
      Who makes up these talking points?

35. 110 Dudette
    June 18, 2013 at 11:08 pm

Ha! It’s #3 on the trend list!!

Bwahahahahaha!! Eat it RWNJs!!

36. 113 MightyPamela
    June 18, 2013 at 11:10 pm

And SO! my beautiful daughter arrived from Australia this afternoon, and will be staying here with me. I cannot describe to you all how beyond delighted I am and thankful for such a wonderful life, busted knee or no busted knee! May not have much time to check up on y’all, and I’m sure I’ll miss heaps, but it’s okay, I know you will keep the TOD flag waving! Back when I can… Hugs all around, I am one happy Mom! :lol:

37. 117 Dudette
    June 18, 2013 at 11:12 pm
  38. 119 mtmarilyn
    June 18, 2013 at 11:14 pm

Good evening, TOD family and our wonderful Blog Tyrants. Once again the coverage of this trip has been spectacular!I can’t wait for the speech in the morning. Do you think cspan or any stations will cover it?

39. June 18, 2013 at 11:22 pm

Evening Obots!

So, yes, I’ve taken a little break these past two days. Sometimes the stupid gets to be too much. And, as my summer reading program kicked off this week, I’ve been insanely busy. Hope to have an essay ready for tomorrow. And if nothing’s brewing, I’ll work on a night owl music post for, well, now.

40. 132 Jovie
    June 18, 2013 at 11:27 pm

THIS is GOP immigration reform

House panel approves enforcement-based immigration bill
    Kyle Balluck
    06/18/13 11:17 PM ET
    The SAFE Act would boost federal enforcement and grant states and localities the authority to enforce federal immigration laws.…

Border security only!

Any questions?

41. 135 Dudette
    June 18, 2013 at 11:37 pm

Rock ‘em, Sock ‘em, BLOCK ‘EM! Wootie-woooooot! :-D

42. 136 Layla
    June 18, 2013 at 11:37 pm

Jesus Christ sues GOP for slander
    Claims egregious misuse of image and words Romantic Hereticrss Humor
    I wish this was true.

If for no other reason than to watch heads explode.

43. 140 a4alice
    June 18, 2013 at 11:45 pm

nite TOD! Nite Dudette – thanks for the tooonz! :-)

• 141 HZ
      June 19, 2013 at 1:37 am

Chips, thanks again for your loving all of us in the most beautiful family ever,(((((((((((((((((((( Love you, my special angel.)))))))))))))))))))))

MightyPamela, (((((((((((((( Lots of loving hugs to you and your precious daughter, Enjoy your time together.))))))))))))))))

Goodnight TOD Family. Keep our POTUS, FLOTUS, First Daughters, and the entire travelling team in your thoughts and prayers.HZ