Jun

News Of The Day

HERO

******

*****

Oh Happy Day for Prop 8 Plaintiffs Kristin Perry and Sandy Stier as they tied the knot

enhanced-buzz-7080-1372461723-6

*****

Annie-Rose Strasser: On Friday afternoon, the ninth circuit court lifted its stay on same-sex marriages in the state of California, acknowledging the Supreme Court’s opinion in Hollingsworth v Perry that supporters of anti-gay Proposition 8 did not have standing to appeal a lower court judge’s ruling that the ban on same-sex marriage was unconstitutional. The move, which came earlier than expected, allows gay and lesbian couples to begin getting married immediately.

As soon as the news came down from the ninth circuit on Friday, California’s Attorney General Kamala Harris began marrying couples — starting with Proposition 8 plaintiffs Kristin Perry and Sandra Stier

More here

*****

Filling out the marriage license

enhanced-buzz-21484-1372461721-2

enhanced-buzz-9765-1372461720-10

enhanced-buzz-6530-1372463792-0

*****

******

enhanced-buzz-6787-1372463960-2

*****

ThinkProgress: To little national fanfare, the largest liberal protest of 2013 took place on Monday this week in North Carolina, with thousands in attendance and hundreds getting arrested.

For weeks, faith leaders in the Tar Heel State have gathered every Monday to give voice to women, the poor, and other groups under attack by the Republican-held legislature. (To learn more about how Republicans won back the North Carolina statehouse for the first time since the Civil War, read Ian Millhiser’s recent piece “How One Millionaire Is Turning North Carolina Into A Tea Party Utopia”.)

This week’s Moral Monday protest, which is being organized by the North Carolina NAACP with support from groups like the Advancement Project and the AFL-CIO, was the largest to date with more than 3,000 people in attendance.

More here

*****

Meet the most clueless man in the country

????????

*****

Adam Peck: New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg defended the police department’s controversial stop and frisk program during a radio interview on Friday morning, and complained that the NYPD was stopping too many white people.

The comment was made during an interview with WOR-NY host John Gambling, who questioned the mayor about some of the troubling statistics of the city’s stop and frisk program and the city’s falling murder rate. In response, Bloomberg attacked critics of the NYPD and came out in favor of racial profiling: One newspaper and one news service, they just keep saying ‘oh it’s a disproportionate percentage of a particular ethnic group.’ That may be, but it’s not a disproportionate percentage of those who witnesses and victims describe as committing the [crime]. In that case, incidentally, I think we disproportionately stop whites too much and minorities too little. It’s exactly the reverse of what they’re saying. I don’t know where they went to school, but they certainly didn’t take a math course. Or a logic course.

BN35trGCYAARuiA

The statistics are overwhelming. An independent study of the city’s stop-and-frisk program found that 87 percent of the 685,724 stops in 2011 — a record high — were of blacks and latinos. Young black men between the ages of 14 and 24 were stopped 106% of the time — as in, there were more stops of young black men than the entire population of young black men. The evidence does not support Bloomberg’s claim that stopping more minorities will lower the city’s crime rate. Stop-and-frisk had a 90 percent failure rate in 2011, and in the first three months of 2013, when the number of stops fell by 51 percent from the same period last year, the crime rate dropped as well.

More here

tumblr_mh1hhf9jaq1qk01jqo1_500

Brian Beutler: The Supreme Court’s decision this week to strike Section 3 of DOMA means that agencies of the federal government have to rewrite countless rules and regulations regarding the provision of federal benefits. It’s a daunting process, but one marriage equality advocates will be happy to note is already beginning.

On Friday afternoon, the U.S. Office of Personnel Management advised heads of federal departments and agencies that legally married same-sex spouses are now eligible for federal health, dental, life and long-term care insurance benefits, along with retirement and flex-spending benefits, which until the court’s decision only applied to opposite-sex spouses. In an official statement, Attorney General Eric Holder applauded the action.

“Today’s announcement represents a historic step toward equality for all American families,” Holder said. “The Supreme Court ruled this week that Americans in same-sex marriages are entitled to equal protection and equal treatment under the law. By extending health insurance and other important benefits to federal employees and their families, regardless of whether they are in same-sex or opposite-sex marriages, the Obama Administration is making real the promise of this important decision.”

More here

*****

Happy SCOTUS upholding/approval anniversary ObamaCare!

*****

BN2j989CIAE8YTl

*****

143 Responses to “News Of The Day”

1. 1 ber6964
    June 28, 2013 at 8:24 pm

There’s a party going on in California!

2. 6 ber6964
    June 28, 2013 at 8:26 pm

We’ll share Alison.

3. 8 Allison
    June 28, 2013 at 8:29 pm

Keep an eye on Kamala Harris. She can be the first AA female President.

• 18 sjterrid
      June 28, 2013 at 8:39 pm

Let him keep on thinking the house majority is safe as it looks. We’ll be doing the work on the ground to make sure the dems get the majority.

• 19 jackiegrumbacher
        June 28, 2013 at 9:41 pm

Yes, Sj, I love it when we work quietly behind the scenes, waking up voters and bringing in the big surprises on election day. We’re also fortunate in having a host of incompetent and hateful Republican governors who are up for re-election in 2014.

• 20 sjterrid
          June 28, 2013 at 9:47 pm

Yes! Do you live in Pa. I saw that Senator Toomey voted no. I was happy that our new senator voted for it.
          I was involved with OFASJ in trying to get people to come to an event, and call him to pass CIF. I called this morning to thank him.

• 21 jackiegrumbacher
            June 28, 2013 at 10:21 pm

Sj, I expect nothing from Toomey (Tea Party-PA) so I am never disappointed. He is incapable of empathy and his election was one of Pa’s worst mistakes, which I hope we can correct in 2016.

• 22 nathkatun7
      June 29, 2013 at 2:37 am

For starters, I actually think Democrats can recruit a a young and talented candidate to successfully Challenge Darrell Issa.

4. June 28, 2013 at 8:37 pm

When you live in a very diverse city, chances are you have neighbors or co-workers or are in close proximity to gay people every day. So the fact that California is moving ahead with great speed reflects the fact that we want to promote equality among our citizens.

The same is true of immigrants, especially Latinos. So now my biggest hope is for immigration reform so that all immigrants in California who work so incredibly hard and who have come here for a better life for their children can step out of the shadows and stand proud with the rest of us. I know President Obama feels this in his heart and wants this, too.

ADELANTE.

5. 28 globalcitizenlinda
    June 28, 2013 at 8:39 pm

What can we do about the VRA?

SCOTUS’ attacks on the Voting Rights Act have thrown me in a funk for days – simply disgusting.

Besides my anger and tears resulting from this decision, there must be something we can do as ordinary people can do to take a stand.

I think we can make lemonade out of VRA decision and demand that ALL states submit ANY changes to the voting laws & procedure to DOJ for approval. furthermore, these change must be done at least a year before they can come into effect.

What if we demand that ALL people be automatically registered to vote either at :

(i) birth (when birth record is submitted or social security number is assigned;

or

(b) at the day their citizenship is approved.

We can then shift the onus (and costs) to the states to provide legal justification as to WHY a person’s name needs to be taken off the voter rolls.

I don’t know if this makes any sense but I am frustrated by this SCOTUS

June 28, 2013 at 8:48 pm

I like your ideas, ESPECIALLY demanding that the new VRA cover ALL states. No more pussyfootin’ around.

• 30 CindyH
      June 28, 2013 at 8:54 pm

Me too – so many are celebrating this week, but the VRA and living in NC are both leaving a heavy heart. I’m going to my 3rd Moral Monday this coming Monday. It’s great to be among passionate and compassionate people. I’m also phonebanking to save early voting, but the real work has to be done to get voters out and stop this madness. As for the gutting of the VRA, hopefully we can make the younger folk realize how easily what they take for granted can be taken away. I have faith in the young people, but we have to show them what’s at stake. Too many that I have called in NC still don’t understnad the importance of mid-term elections.

• 31 globalcitizenlinda
        June 28, 2013 at 9:16 pm

I have followed the grassroots action in NC and I am hoping that people rise up and fight for the rights we take for granted but many gave their ALL for us to have them codified into law.

here is hoping that SCOTUS’ actions on VRA can serve to mobilize us to go to the mid-term polls like our lives depend on the outcome of the election – because in so many ways they do

June 28, 2013 at 9:12 pm

Great ideas!! WH petition?? How would you propose to begin this? It would only seem right that we should work to insure that everyone that was eligible got to vote as a matter of course…not to have to prove it at the other end. Great ideas…

• 33 globalcitizenlinda
        June 28, 2013 at 9:21 pm

a WH petition should be one option – it would support the work of the commission that PBO set up to deal with voting issues;

and

this could be supported by sending our ideas to: the DOJ and the Dem leadership in the house, senate & at state levels

and codified by the organizations that advocate for equal access to the ballot (NCAAP, League of Women Voters etc.)

• 34 jackiegrumbacher
      June 28, 2013 at 9:46 pm

In the meantime, global, we need to work to register new voters and make sure that all voters have the IDs they need. In many states there are hundreds of thousands of eligible voters who can be registered and it’s our job to find them, make sure they’ve got what they need to vote and them get them out the door. Also important to make sure every registered voter has up-to-date registration information. There are too many people who don’t submit address or name changes and then have problems on election day. This is all work that needs to start now.

June 28, 2013 at 10:50 pm

Questions: Does your income tax form have a section for citizenship? Do you have to make sure the IRS has your up to date address/info? Is it illegal to give IRS incorrect information?

If ‘yes’, why can’t your voter registration be linked to and updated when annual income tax is filed. On the first page (personal identification) of our income tax form is an ‘elections’ section that a) asks if you are a citizen, and states IF YOU ARE A CITIZEN, b)Do you authorize the Revenue Service to give your name address, dob etc to the elections office to update the national list of voters. Your authorization is valid until you file your next return. Wouldn’t a system like that ensure that more people are registered more easily, making election time registration less arduous?

• 36 nathkatun7
      June 29, 2013 at 2:48 am

Great Idea GC Linda! May be states can also use the same system that the courts use when they send out summons for jury duty. I don’t know of any one called to serve on jury being asked to prove citizenship. I really don’t think that it’s that complicated to match voter registration with eligible citizens.

June 28, 2013 at 8:46 pm

Hi, there! How’s it going?

• June 28, 2013 at 8:56 pm

Going okay. My mother is here visiting so she’s made it bearable. Otherwise….

June 28, 2013 at 8:56 pm

Hang in there! :) You know we’re all thinking of you, and wishing you well.

• 42 GGail
          June 28, 2013 at 9:05 pm

Moms always seem to make things better.
          Gather your strength where you can gb to keep going.

June 28, 2013 at 9:13 pm

Thinking of you, GB :) Glad your mom is there with you.

• 46 jackiegrumbacher
          June 28, 2013 at 9:48 pm

GOB, so glad to hear from you. Is there any chance you could be transferred to a rehab facility near your mother in Florida? It really helps if a family member visits regularly and works with the staff to ensure that you’re comfortable and getting the best treatment. My niece was a bulldog about this when my sister was in rehab and, boy, did that make a difference. It never hurts to ask.

• June 28, 2013 at 10:29 pm

After I leave here I’ll be going to stay with my mom until I can live on my own again. I should only be here about 3-4 weeks.

I have had to look out for myself here more than the last place. I was very upset earlier this week when I inquired about an appointment I had on Wednesday w/my Oncologist. No one knew what I was talking about and claimed they never saw this info in my discharge papers. It was there and I saw it before I gave it to the admissions desk so I knew they were wrong.

While I was in the midst of making my own phone calls to the hospital, they found it. They then tried to give me some lame excuse about different nurses, shifts, etc. NO, you should ALL have access to patient appointments. I don’t trust them. I already had (normal) misgivings when I first came so this incident didn’t help. When I came back from the appointment I gave them two new appointments to keep in my record. LAWD, they didn’t understand that it was two separate appointments AND despite the date being clearly written on both, they got one of the dates wrong. Good thing I was able to correct it now rather than later.

I didn’t want to rant like this because I don’t want to complain too much. They get other things wrong too (that they shouldn’t) and I often have this “WTF?” look on my face. It’s a nice, very clean place with a handful of really nice staff members but Geezy Weezy….get it together.

I won’t be here much longer and I am staying on top of my stuff so I can prevent another melt down. Let me tell you, they’ve been extra nice to me since…lol.

• June 28, 2013 at 10:55 pm

Oh no, that’s just terrible. It’s not like keeping dates clear is that difficult. No wonder you’re feeling bummed. Hopefully you’ll be on your way to your Mom’s soon. Until then, take it easy and just try to stay on top of things for yourself. And most of all, feel better!!

6. June 28, 2013 at 9:02 pm

!!!!

June 28, 2013 at 11:14 pm

Probably means ‘coolest’ in the most basic sense of the word! :lol:

Meta: I have not yet congratulated you on the ‘very good news about your work’ that you received recently, but I can tell it’s terrific news because it has caused you to bubble over with ONGOING joy. Sooooo, now that I have another chance, I’ll say….

************************ CONGRATULATIONS, META!! ************************ :razz: :razz:

7. 60 a4alice
    June 28, 2013 at 9:02 pm

hey you guys I saw this petition that ppl were signing a couple posts back and thought I’d move it forward. It’s to reduce the number of WHPC briefings and to insist on the inclusion of rotating local reporters. thought it was a good idea and so did other peeps a couple posts back

• 61 sjterrid
      June 28, 2013 at 9:20 pm

Thank you Alice. I was thinking about this but I didn’t know how to post the link. I believe it was RanMan that started the petition.

• 62 a4alice
        June 28, 2013 at 9:27 pm

oh yah that’s right! :-)

• 63 sjterrid
          June 28, 2013 at 10:10 pm

It was on the thread Obamacare is here to stay. I don’t know how to move the link to his petition site to here. Hopefully one of the more computer savvy people on here can post the link.

• 64 MightyPamela
      June 28, 2013 at 9:50 pm

Signed. Sealed. Delivered. I think I might just have a glass of red wine… 84F in the shade here today, rather warm for me. The Australian s like it tho!

• 65 99ts
        June 29, 2013 at 3:54 am

84 is OK in Australia – but in my part of the country that is the temperature in Spring. And right at the moment it is cold – shouldn’t be this cold in June – brrrrrrrrr

June 28, 2013 at 9:07 pm

This is nice:

9. 67 Anjo
    June 28, 2013 at 9:09 pm

Hi GB nice to see you hope everything is going ok..keeping you in my prayers…Thanks to ALL for all the updates on the Africa trip haven’t been able to read everything but kind of keeping up…good sane stuff as usual no need to worry about the msm when we have TOD; like my 86 yr old uncle says when you annoy him “PISS OFF”..hey TODers when msm gets obnoxious tell them to PISS OFF..What happened with the pit bull? Hope it didn’t cause any damage…pray the first family are having a restful night…back to lurking..Special Thank you to CHIPS for this site..sanity and truth personified…really back to lurking now..Hi AMK more toons please, please, pretty please…

June 28, 2013 at 9:11 pm

11. 70 Allison
    June 28, 2013 at 9:12 pm

• June 28, 2013 at 9:15 pm

I called it years ago!! LOLz.

• June 28, 2013 at 9:54 pm

She is the most complete female political leader, imho, since Barbara Jordan.

You know how much I admire Speaker Pelosi, Senator Boxer, Senator Warren, etc., but AG Harris is that very special combination of brilliance, charisma, empathy & passion for justice that our ‘community organizer’ now President Obama exuded in the earliest moments of his public life.

Having watched Senator Wendy Davis this week, it’s clear that the Democratic Party has become the Party of UNSTOPPABLE Women Leaders. That’s very good, not just for America, but humanity.

#FORWARD Together

• 80 Asher in Boston
      June 28, 2013 at 9:20 pm

The rightwing nuts’ head would explode. A minority and a woman, Potus? She is smart and young and also easy on the eyes (shallow) I know, but, hey!!!!!

• June 28, 2013 at 9:40 pm

12. 82 a4alice
    June 28, 2013 at 9:17 pm

June 28, 2013 at 9:20 pm

So, how did donna’s dog saga end?

14. 89 yardarm756
    June 28, 2013 at 9:25 pm

15. 90 a4alice
    June 28, 2013 at 9:25 pm

The Pride Celebration is going to be HUGE here in Minnesota. They are expecting a monster turn out.

16. 94 4morefor44
    June 28, 2013 at 9:30 pm

catching up on the day, and i see the daughter of g. zimmerman’s lawyer, don west, left an incredible example of white privilege, and they have officially confirmed it was her. she tweeted a photo of herself with her dad with giant VANILLA ice cream cones and called it “we beat stupidity today celebration.” then to make it 20 times worse, she tagged it “dadkilledittoday.” ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME?!?! only who has killed in that room is her dad’s client, george zimmerman. amazing. it’s all just a game to them…dad just has to punch clock, then we get to par-tay! whoo-hoooo! meanwhile, disadvantaged kid gets killed for no reason. oh well, all just a joke for don west’s privileged daughter.

17. 96 yardarm756
    June 28, 2013 at 9:30 pm

June 28, 2013 at 9:34 pm

The plan to spirit the surveillance whistleblower Edward Snowden to sanctuary in Latin America appeared to be unravelling on Friday, amid tension between Ecuador’s government and Julian Assange, the founder of WikiLeaks.

President Rafael Correa halted an effort to help Snowden leave Russia amid concern Assange was usurping the role of the Ecuadoran government, according to leaked diplomatic correspondence published on Friday.

Amid signs Quito was cooling with Snowden and irritated with Assange, Correa declared invalid a temporary travel document which could have helped extract Snowden from his reported location in Moscow.

Correa declared that the safe conduct pass issued by Ecuador’s London consul – in collaboration with Assange – was unauthorised, after other Ecuadorean diplomats privately said the WikiLeaks founder could be perceived as “running the show”.

It’s a guardian story, so I would take it a pinch of …

• June 28, 2013 at 9:45 pm

Correa is going to find any excuse he can to avoid the obvious reality that his business and finance communities will fry his ass if he messes with the US. Trade ($$$$) will trump all his righteous bull shit in this case and I’m sure he’s grateful that Assange is such a megalomaniac as to provide him just the excuse he needs.

• 99 amk for obama
        June 28, 2013 at 9:51 pm

• 101 majiir
        June 28, 2013 at 11:04 pm

Sen. Menendez (D-NJ) couldn’t stop himself from reminding Correa that Ecuador’s trade would suffer if he decides to give Snowden asylum. Correa has to be thinking about this. I believe he did offer asylum to Snowden in the beginning, but after considering the economic and political costs, he decided to say that Snowden’s permit wasn’t authorized/legal. The Chinese, Russian, and Ecuadoran leaders talk a lot of junk, but they all know exactly how far to go. Snowden should know that his goose is cooked when Russia’s head of human rights says his presence in the country is a “problem,” and Putin says he wants him GONE. They all want to get rid of Snowden as fast as possible. Just the idea of some Americans saying that PBO is leading from behind and that other nations have no respect for us is ridiculous. They can believe whatever they want to believe, but PBO doesn’t play.

• 102 theo67
      June 28, 2013 at 11:06 pm

Ha. Ha. Ha.

• 103 nospin
      June 29, 2013 at 7:13 am

no no no … he is not a whistleblower. He is a two bit hacker

19. 104 Jenny
    June 28, 2013 at 9:36 pm

Have you ever seen this 2006 photo of Obama and Mandela?

20. 106 Jenny
    June 28, 2013 at 9:44 pm

I don’t know how to post photos, but here’s one of two GIANTS

Obama and Mandela meeting in 2006

• 107 Nena20409
      June 28, 2013 at 10:00 pm

It was in 2005. It was posted here yesterday and many more times before.

Only bt and Chips can post pictures unless, you have a picture or a video as part of your Tweet. Then you can post here……Youtube videos too.

June 28, 2013 at 9:46 pm

I am seeing some outraged tweets about some alec baldwin’s gay slur. Really guyz ? On a day of celebration, this is what got your attention?

June 28, 2013 at 9:51 pm

June 28, 2013 at 9:58 pm

How ya likin’ him now, New Jersey Democrats?

• 114 Jovie
      June 28, 2013 at 10:08 pm

Medicaid expansion!

June 28, 2013 at 10:11 pm

Yes, the story says Medicaid but the headline says Medicare.

Same a-hole governor, though.

June 28, 2013 at 10:08 pm

That cat didn’t change his stripes. Stupid dems that thought he was something that he never was.

June 28, 2013 at 10:15 pm

Reminds me of Jeb Bush as governor of Florida … he got rave reviews from EVERYBODY during a big year or two of hurricanes and how he kept the public safe and informed, interacted with FEMA, etc.

But, while acknowledging the good job he did in that case, I don’t remember any Democrats in Florida wanting to actually support him at the polls. Jeb did what he was supposed to do. Christie did whatever he did so he’d get to be big dawg some day.

• 118 majiir
        June 28, 2013 at 10:53 pm

I never fell for Christie’s fake change. He was pandering to the president because he thought PBO could help him get Hurricane Sandy relief funds. I didn’t understand it when many dems began praising Christie because he’s a manipulative b*stard whose only concern is for himself and his political ambitions. I hope NJ dems are paying attention to his comments about our wonderful president, and that none of them vote for his reelection in November. One advantage of growing older is being able to recognize a first class Bser when you see him/her. I’ve never changed my mind about Christie, and I never will.

• June 28, 2013 at 10:09 pm

• 120 sjterrid
      June 28, 2013 at 10:23 pm

Not all NJ Democrats love Christie. Between this and yesterday’s comment about being disappointed at DOMA failing, perhaps people will finally realize that he’s not moderate. Besides, I think it’s the racist upper middle class and wealthy democrats that support Christie.
      That’s why he wants the state to waste millions of dollars to have an election in October.

• 121 COS
        June 28, 2013 at 10:35 pm

Did you see the article where he said PBO cannot lead? This guy is a hypocrite. Democrats of NJ better wake up.

Christie slams Obama: New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) criticized President Obama, casting him as someone who “can’t figure out how to lead.” Speaking at a town hall meeting, Christie went after Congress’ image and the president, saying: “That’s what happens when you have someone in the executive office who is more concerned about being right than he is concerned about getting things done.” Christie has been criticized by conservative critics of cozying up to Obama too much.

• 122 sjterrid
          June 28, 2013 at 10:44 pm

Believe me there are a lot of democrats that aren’t falling for his lies. let him keep talking. The more he talks the more we can use to discredit him in August when people are starting to pay attention.

• 123 sjterrid
            June 28, 2013 at 10:54 pm

Thanks for posting this article, No I didn’t see it. Well we have him on TV walking around the jersey shore with the president saying he showed great leadership. I’m sure his democratic opponent Barbara Buono could make an ad with Christie saying what a great leader he is and show him walking the shore with him this month, and then saying at this town hall he can’t lead.

June 28, 2013 at 10:01 pm

• 125 majiir
      June 28, 2013 at 10:57 pm

I just read a few minutes ago that the publisher of her books has given her the boot! Of course, this being GA, many of the comments were pro-Deen and mentions of “She’ll get another publisher.” They don’t seem to understand that after the big players drop someone, it’s kind of hard to get the support of other big players.

June 28, 2013 at 11:00 pm

She’ll probably just self-publish an e-cookbook, and make out fine. Unreal.

• 127 99ts
          June 29, 2013 at 4:07 am

Not sure she is smart enough to go the self-publish route. She will, however be fine – she could retire and live the good life for the next 40 years on what the fools have given her.

June 29, 2013 at 8:42 am

She first got herself in trouble by not disclosing she had diabetes … and more or less was still encouraging people to eat in a less-than-conscientious way (no offense to southern cooks among us, because I don’t always watch what I eat, either!), even though she had already learned the hard lesson. That felt like betrayal to some of her followers. Everything just piled on, after that, and she just seemed more vicious by the day.

25. June 28, 2013 at 10:04 pm

Thanks a billion gazillion UT!!!!

Okay, will post tomorrow and Sunday’s schedule soon-ish, still trying to work out the time differences :???:

June 28, 2013 at 10:14 pm

For Woman of Texas…Women Everywhere! Stand UP!!

27. June 28, 2013 at 10:27 pm

So crazy. The Chicago Blackhawks goalie that I was tweeting and posting about earlier, Corey Crawford, was at the restaurant where I was tonight. Chicago has thousands of restaurants and we purposely chose one far away from downtown where the crazy celebrations were earlier as we figured they would be too crowded or filled with drunk people or both.

So totally didn’t expect that the #1 newsmaker in Chicago would walk into this out of the way quiet steak house on the edge of the city. He was big news today as everyone thought he should have won MVP for the playoffs instead of Patrick Kane. But Patrick Kane today at the rally gave him the team “belt” and then mild mannered Corey spoke truth:

• 133 theo67
      June 28, 2013 at 10:42 pm

He probably chose the same restaurant for the same reason – to escape the crazy crowds. Sounds like fun!

28. June 28, 2013 at 10:27 pm

29. 135 Jovie
    June 28, 2013 at 10:30 pm

You see? The GOP has more power than the WH.
    It’s Nuts!!!

• June 28, 2013 at 10:40 pm

LOL – so you believe this story exactly as the MSM presents it? LMAO!

• 137 Jovie
        June 28, 2013 at 10:45 pm

That’s weak!

• June 28, 2013 at 11:02 pm

I think the MSM’s story is weak…watch them slowly walk back some of details first reported in 3…2…1…day from now. :)

• 139 majiir
            June 28, 2013 at 11:17 pm

Goodall and the other CEOs might bow to the GOP, but the players are another matter. McConnell and his buddies can’t stand seeing any high profile individuals helping President Obama, or us to get the word out about anything. I remember how pissed they were when Katy Perry, The Boss, and other stars like Beyonce and her hubby volunteered to campaign for PBO in 2012. They were soooo jealous. All they could do was talk about “Hollywood Obama” and the amount of time he took out to campaign and what it was costing the American taxpayers. This latest attempt by republicans to keep Americans from signing up to participate in the exchanges indicates how desperate they are that Americans just might like Obamacare, and it also shows who is engaged in intimidating Americans. All the president has to do is pick up his phone, and Springfield, JayZ, Kerry Washington, Sarah Jessica Parker, and many more will cut public service announcements for HHS for FREE, AND they will do whatever else he asks them to do to help spread the word about the exchanges! They have no idea who they’re messing with. PBO is a master when it comes to circumventing the GOP’s feeble attempts to stop him from getting some things done.

30. June 28, 2013 at 10:39 pm

June 28, 2013 at 10:44 pm

32. 143 arkluvspbo
    June 29, 2013 at 1:56 am

What a cute couple! So happy for them :)

RSS OFA