Jul

VP & Dr. Biden in India, day 2

Background conference call on the Biden’s 4-day trip to India

***

Why India/US should develop a soft alliance

If high-level visits were a positive indicator of the state of bilateral ties, India-US relations would be in fine shape.

American Vice-President Joe Biden arrives in India on Monday, and it comes barely a month after Secretary of State John Kerry came for the India-US Strategic Dialogue. Last week Finance Minister P Chidambaram was in Washington, and in September Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will travel there.

Moreover, both sides have set an ambitious agenda for themselves, including untangling the nuclear commercial issues by the time the prime minister goes to Washington.

New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is expected to undertake a six-day visit to the US from September 20, during which he will have a bilateral meeting with President Barack Obama in Washington besides attending the UN General Assembly in New York.

This emerged from a 75-minute meeting that Singh had here on Tuesday with visiting US Vice President Joseph Biden, sources said.

Singh and Biden discussed a whole range of issues, including implementation of the landmark civil nuclear deal and ways to enhance commerce, the sources said. The two leaders agreed to take these issues forward. In this context, the Prime Minister told Biden that he looks forward to meeting Obama in September, the sources said.

***

US Second Lady Jill Biden Tuesday visited the Taj Mahal and a nearby slum cluster on the bank of the Yamuna.

She spent nearly an hour at the Kachchpura slum opposite the Taj along with representatives of a NGO, members of Anganwadis, children and office bearers of the Adarsh Mahila Arogya Samiti.

“She interacted with the kids and took keen interest in the work done by us,” Manish Kumar of NGO CURE told IANS.

(Raw Video)

Joe Biden's wife Jill Biden in Agra

***

Spellbound by the beauty of Taj Mahal, US Second Lady Jill Biden felt that the little less than an hour she spent in Agra was too brief and wants to visit the monument of love again. As she entered the site, she took a pause for few moments in front of the imposing white-marble complex.

Then she took a 40-minute tour of the monument, accompanied by two guides Shamsuddin Khan and Barun Rawat, who informed her about the finer details of the 17th century monument. The visibly impressed dignitary was seen touching the walls of the magnificent monument to get a feel of the intricate marble carving.

“It is quite amazing. It is so beautiful. We took a drive of three hours to come to Agra and it is so worth it. It is one of the Seven Wonders of the World,” Jill Biden said. Dressed in all blue, the wife of US Vice President Joseph Biden was accompanied by their daughter Ashley and son-in-law Dr Howard David Krein.

***

Dr. Biden meets with local pre-schoolers in Kachhpura settlement on Urban Health and Nutrition Day.

One of my first stops in India was a visit to the settlement of Kachhpura in Agra. Located on the banks of the Yamuna River it offers beautiful views of the Taj Mahal. The settlement has a total population of around 3,205 people and 90% of the households are connected to water lines that are supplied for 6-8 hours daily and around 50% of houses have individual toilets connected to private septic tanks.

Agra: It was a memorable day for the slum dwellers of Kachchpura near the Taj Mahal here as they had a VIP visitor — US second lady Jill Biden who spent nearly an hour with them.   Known for her interest in education and healthcare issues, Jill braved the sultry weather and walked the half-a- kilometre unpaved mud road to reach the place. She was accompanied by her daughter Ashley Biden and son-in-law Howard David Krein.   Her visit to Kachhpura was to take stock about the Health for the Urban Poor programme, funded by US-AID which is aimed at providing basic healthcare to urban poor focusing on maternal health and community participation.

***

U.S. Vice-President Joe Biden met his Indian counterpart, Mohammad Hamid Ansari in New Delhi on Tuesday, (July 23) to boost trade, political and defence ties.  Biden will be meeting political leaders including Prime Minister Singh, before moving on to Mumbai to address leaders of business and industry.  Last week Biden praised India’s decision to relax foreign direct investment rules as part of an effort to stabilize the rupee, which recently hit a record low. (VIDEO)

Biden’s India Visit Is Key in Asia ‘Rebalance’ Strategy

The renewed U.S. attention on India in recent months comes less than two years after the Obama administration named the South Asian country as a key player in its pivot, or rebalance, toward the Asia-Pacific region.

Gopalan Balachandran, a consulting fellow with the New Delhi-based Institute for Defense Studies and Analyses, said, “It’s not as if Asia economies are growing a hundred times and the rest are all standing still, and you say ‘okay, I will keep [seeing] Asia the same way like I did 10 years ago or even 15 or 20 years ago.’ It’s not possible. To some extent, the rebalancing is necessitated by changes in the global environment, both in politics and the economy.”

US Vice President with Sushma Swaraj

Vice President Biden continues his two-day visit to New Delhi, and met with the Lok Sabha Opposition Leader Shrimati Sushma Swaraj earlier today.

***

Indian President Pranab Mukherjee, left, greets U.S. Vice President Joe Biden at the Presidential Palace in New Delhi, India , Tuesday, July 23, 2013. Biden arrived in India on Monday on a trip that will focus on boosting trade and regional security ties and strengthening a strategic partnership that has languished in recent years.

US welcomes India’s rise: Full interview

Please tell us about your visit to India?

I’m really looking forward to this visit. It’s my first to India as vice-president. The last time i came here was about five years ago, when i was still in the Senate. Since then, the bilateral relationship has grown even stronger and the range of projects and areas on which we cooperate is wide and deep.

Our two nations are striving to make progress and this relationship plays a really important role in that, as it should. The message that i’ll carry to India — both in my official meetings with the president, vice-president and prime minister, and in my conversations with Indian society  is that our two countries must continue to aspire to the promise of prosperity and security, and that delivering on that promise is something we can do together, through our bilateral cooperation.

I also look forward to talking about these issues in the context of the broader Asia-Pacific region — we see India’s ‘Look East’ policy as an important element in regional cooperation, one that serves our common interests and values, and i have some ideas about strengthening our cooperation in the region that i plan to share.

109 Responses to “VP & Dr. Biden in India, day 2”

1. July 23, 2013 at 6:33 pm

LP, you’re distracting us from the real important news, which is what’s the over / under on the Prince of Cambridge’s name(s)!

• 2 No Child Left Behind
      July 23, 2013 at 6:35 pm

LOL

• July 23, 2013 at 6:41 pm

Much apologies LL, I will self impose a red card for my illegal offense….

• 4 Gazelle
      July 23, 2013 at 9:44 pm

LOLx2! Weiner actually provided relief for a moment from this 24/7 Baby Prince madness. But as I watched a little bit of Weiner’s press conference, all I could hear in my head was Rick James’ classic tunes, and it seemed as if their mouths were just spewing his lyrics. I do have a wacky sense of humor! :)

2. July 23, 2013 at 6:33 pm

Glad to see that the Bidens are getting an amazing trip too.

3. July 23, 2013 at 6:35 pm

I got VC’d on the last thread, so am bringing this over here to the new thread! Speaking of the Bidens……

Hey TODer people!

Well, I just got home from seeing Beau Biden and Kamala Harris speak to a small group of OFA volunteers and other invited guests high up in a very fancy office building with gorgeous views overlooking SF Bay. First of all, let me just say that Beau Biden is INCREDIBLY:

humble
    smart
    thoughtful
    kind
    and BEYOND handsome.

Seriously, he is an amazing man. He and Kamala spoke about the challenge of working on common sense gun reform and Beau talked about his experience in that endeavor in particular as AG for Delaware. He spoke for about 20 minutes or so and then took questions for at least another hour. He was very, very generous with his time and did his best to address questions that were very challenging.

I sat close in a middle aisle seat in the 2nd row, so was just a very few feet away. Kamala Harris is gorgeous and crazy smart. She projects strength and courage in so many, many ways, I’m just thrilled that she is my AG. SO, these are two very distinguished rising stars in our party and we should be very proud of them!! I encourage you to keep track and support them both in any way you can.

Throughout his talk, Beau kept making eye contact with me in such a kind way. So, after the event I walked up to him just to thank him. I waited patiently as he was mobbed with people wanting to give him their card and introduce themselves and have a photo taken. Then Christine Pelosi walked up next to me and when Beau was free, I told her to go ahead and get in there and meet him. He was glad to meet her and they talked for a few minutes about the work she’s doing now and some of the stuff that’s happening now with PBO and VPB about gun reform. They both talked about how much they loved PBO’s remarks on Trayvon in the WH briefing room and Beau said he thought PBO should do more of that because he’s so good at it. Then when the moment came, he turned toward me and I shook his hand and thanked him for his service and just said I want to wish him the best in this very tough fight. He was soooooo sweet and thanked me. I told him I love his father very much and he seemed very touched by that. He looked at me and said, you know, my father is really, in real life, a very nice man, a very good man. I said, I know! That is why I love him! And your mother, too. He said, yes, my mother, too. I said I thank all three of them for their service to our nation. He seemed very sincerely touched by that. He said he’s going to need a lot of help when the legislature looks at his gun reform bill again in Delaware in January and I said if I can help, I will. He smiled and thanked me and said, please stay in touch with me. Please join my Facebook page. I smiled and said, OK.

Honestly, Beau is just a very warm, honest man and one of the most sincere guys you’ll ever meet. Just a wonderful man. And again, OMG, just very, very handsome in person, incredibly fit. He has a lot of the mannerisms of his father and looks so much like him in many ways, I was sort of taken aback. Anyway, I so wish all of you could have been there with me. It was very, very special.

• 7 No Child Left Behind
      July 23, 2013 at 6:37 pm

Meta,

Thanks for your thoughts. I have a lot of esteem and admiration for the entire Biden crew. I love Joe Biden, Dr. Jill Biden and certainly Beau Biden who wears his name very well. Beau = handsome in French.

July 23, 2013 at 6:40 pm

” got vc’d on the last thread” :) Poor vc….we’ve all been there!

July 23, 2013 at 7:15 pm

Meta – I not only enjoyed your totally interesting post, but I’m so very happy for you that you got to be there, sharing your thoughts, gaining so much from it. Congrats to you, as well as them!!!!!

• July 23, 2013 at 7:23 pm

JO’B, you would have been in heaven!!

July 23, 2013 at 7:27 pm

I was in heaven just reading it. Tried to be a “little measured” in my response. (You go, GF! That was an unbelievably amazing meet-up for ya! Sounds like he has the same good heart as his adorable Dad, too.)

• 17 arapaho415
      July 23, 2013 at 7:58 pm

Meta,

My esteem for you has just skyrocketed.

To take in all that handsomeness and warmth and handholding without being reduced to a pile on the floor shows your amazing strength and resolve.

Love WYSIWYG Joe Biden. Love that Beau genuinely loves his “mother” (step-mothers are so often not portrayed as “real” mothers).

Hats off to you and your amazing afternoon!

July 23, 2013 at 8:14 pm

This is great to hear meta! Your description of Beau Biden matches exactly my impression of him all along. The apple simply does not fall far from the tree. I’m glad that you also got to see the illustrious Kamala Harris in person. These memories will stay with you for life. :)

• July 23, 2013 at 8:24 pm

You know, one of the interesting things I noticed about Beau is that he kept turning and looking at Kamala and honoring her work and noting how much she influences him. They are long-time friends and have a great deal of mutual respect for one another.

July 23, 2013 at 8:25 pm

:) :) As you can see by the smile on my face, this is all very heartening meta, very heartening. Thanks!

• 22 jackiegrumbacher
      July 23, 2013 at 9:54 pm

Meta, what a wonderful experience. You really connected with Beau Biden and I’m sure he appreciated your support. I hope he and Kamala go very far in their careers. Our country needs them.

• 23 purpleshoesla
      July 23, 2013 at 10:20 pm

This is all kinds of awesome sauce Meta. It’s like we were all there sitting right with you! Thanks so much for sharing.

4. July 23, 2013 at 6:42 pm

TPM top story: Weiner says that his behavior continued after he resigned. Oy.

• 26 nospin
      July 23, 2013 at 7:07 pm

Weiner’s inability to keep his weiner under control is not an issue for me. What I do care about is the fact that he was useless when he was a Congressman. He as all drama and a huge distraction from issues that Democrats were fighting for when PO was in office.

In addition, I don’t like his character.

“Weiner’s first chance at political office came in 1991 when the New York City Council was expanded from 35 to 51 seats.[10] Considered a long-shot, Weiner faced strong primary competition from two other candidates whom had better local name recognition and funding.[2][10] Right before the September primary, Weiner blanketed the predominantly white 48th council district with anonymous leaflets playing on the voters’ fears and racial hostility in the immediate aftermath of the Crown Heights race riots and tying his white opponents to black politicians who were deeply unpopular in the district.[10] Weiner won the primary, besting his opponents by over 100 votes.

or this

“In July 2008, The New York Times characterized Weiner as one of the most intense and demanding of bosses, describing him as often working long hours with his staff, requiring them to be in constant contact by Blackberry, frequently yelling at them, and occasionally throwing office furniture in anger.[37] As a result, according to the Times, he had one of the highest staff turnover rates of any member of Congress, including, at one point, three chiefs of staff in 18 months.[37]

or this

“Weiner has criticized UN diplomats for failing to pay parking tickets in New York City, claiming foreign nations owed $18,000,000 to the city.[19] A 2010 license plate check by the Capitol Hill newspaper Roll Call showed that Weiner’s vehicles were among several owned by members of Congress which had unpaid tickets. Weiner’s past due fines which spanned three years and totaled more than $2,000 were among the highest uncovered by Roll Call and they were paid in full shortly after publication of the article.

• 31 Jovie
      July 23, 2013 at 7:17 pm

But but but Huma…

• 32 dotster3
      July 23, 2013 at 7:44 pm

and Chicago news is reporting that he (allegedly) offered to buy a condo for his Chgo sextmate (22 yr. old girl) which would serve as their love nest.

5. 33 vitaminlover
    July 23, 2013 at 6:51 pm

Jill is so chic. Blue becomes her.

• 34 nospin
      July 23, 2013 at 8:15 pm

I love VPFLOTUS. She is warm, intelligent and a tremendous advocate on key issues. (i.e. military, education and more)

6. July 23, 2013 at 6:59 pm
    July 23, 2013 at 7:01 pm

Yeah…. I think the dildo will NOT be extinct.

July 23, 2013 at 7:04 pm

Officials told him “they wanted to do everything they could do avoid bankruptcy,” Bing said. “But they chose one of the most renowned bankruptcy lawyers in the country to be emergency manager. I’ll let people think what they want to about that.”

If Detroit goes through with its bankruptcy, thousands of retirees’ benefits will be slashed and some pension funds will be lost altogether. Currently, labor rights groups and others have filed lawsuits against the city in an effort to halt the bankruptcy. If the city is shown to not have negotiated in good faith, which is at the core of Davis’ allegations, then the bankruptcy can not progress.

9. July 23, 2013 at 7:14 pm

So, a bit of a geek moment.

I used to keep a journal on my Google Docs page. I haven’t journaled in years, and am thinking of taking it up again as my projects kick into high gear. But I had let go of Google Docs because it was so plain vanilla. I like fonts.

So what do I discover yesterday as I started to work on a poem? FONTS!!! SCADS OF THEM!!! (I should interject that at various points my missus has called me a “font whore”.)

So, aside from the novel revisions, I’m going to do most of my work from now on on Google Drive. Because that way if something hits me during the day at work, I can whip it open and work.

This has been your occasional insight into the mind of a librarian and writer.

10. 41 Asher in Boston
    July 23, 2013 at 7:22 pm

Honestly, I don’t give a rats ass about Weiner’s private/personal life. If the wife stands by him, who am I to judge. It was a let down when I first read about him playing racial politics years ago, but as a black person, Bloomberg has supported stop and frisk and also he used his money to buy a third term. So who ever wins, I don’t care. I would have supported the lady candidate Quinn, but she is a Bloomberg protégé, so let the New Yorkers vote for who ever they want. If I was a New Yorker I would vote for Weiner. I know he is a good democrat, that’s what matters to me.

11. July 23, 2013 at 7:24 pm
  12. July 23, 2013 at 7:26 pm

“He’ll kind of destroy the first draft a little bit,” Keenan said. “I saw his point. His argument here was just ‘too long.’” So RIP, page 4.
    The drafts — Obama has seen six — “get tidier and tidier,” and Wednesday’s speech is pretty much done, “which is great 24 hours out.”
    Keenan has been discussing the changes with the president “during his lunchtime” for about 10 minutes, then working to turn around another draft overnight.
    What if he disagrees with a presidential edit? How do you tell the most powerful man in the world that he’s wrong about what he should say?
    “At this point, you know, I don’t push back aggressively, but I can argue pretty well for a point. I’d say the first couple of years I wouldn’t dare to do that.”
    Does he ever win those kinds of debates?
    “Rarely. And when you do, he never lets you forget that you made him take out something he liked,” Keenan said with a chuckle. “But it’s rare.”

July 23, 2013 at 7:44 pm

Only uncle joe could make ever so glum pm to smile.

July 23, 2013 at 7:46 pm
  15. 48 arapaho415
    July 23, 2013 at 7:52 pm

This is totally off topic, but when I saw this I thought, “Who brings grenades to a police station?”

“The Falcon substation of Colorado Springs Police near Academy Boulevard was evacuated as a precaution Tuesday at 2:20 p.m. It’s because a woman delivered two hand grenades to the facility. The two grenades are in her vehicle. She walked inside the substation and told officers that she had them and needed help.

The Bomb Squad is en route to determine if these are grenades are a threat. ”

16. 49 Jeff
    July 23, 2013 at 7:57 pm

I just know I am going to ruffle feathers on here but my stance towards Weiner is neutral as I know longer trust the media or their motives.

July 23, 2013 at 8:06 pm

If the MSM wants to talk about Weiner, then we should also have a conversation on GOP Serial Sanford who ran for Senate in SC – and won…..

• July 23, 2013 at 8:16 pm

That was exactly my thought, hf. Exactly! Guess I’m neutral too. Again, all the many Repubs who’ve been involv ed in so many different types of scandals………just keep thinking of that.

17. July 23, 2013 at 8:03 pm

Zizi & LP – your respective threads are fantastic. Thank you!!!

Yes We Can

July 23, 2013 at 8:11 pm

It is shameful that I haven’t see a drop of MSM coverage of the Bidens’ visit to India and VP Biden’s diplomatic ties being forged. But when it comes time to reporting on his so-called “gaffes” the MSM is all up in our arses with that crap.

Thanks again LP for taking the time to provide us with this info, the lovely pics, and accompanying videos. I look forward to enjoying more posts on the trip, as I’ve enjoyed this one and the previous. :)

• 54 carolyn
      July 23, 2013 at 8:31 pm

I wrote NBC last night and tonight stating my disgust that they gave six minutes to the royal baby, and NONE to VP Biden’s trip. However, when I hit submit, nothing happened either night. No acknowledgment that the email was submitted. Frustrating.
      When I wrote CBS and ABC on the same subject, I knew the email went through and I received a form acknowledgment, which is fine with me. Has anyone else had trouble with the NBC site?

July 23, 2013 at 8:34 pm

Do you have a Twitter account? I haven’t been on the NBC site, but needless to say, I don’t trust those email portals.

19. 56 arapaho415
    July 23, 2013 at 8:12 pm

As an antidote to all the anguish and messiness that is Anthony Weiner, bringing this over from an earlier thread. This is more important for the country (have a Georgia Senator in the Dem column!) than speculating on what went on being Weiner, his computer, and who knows what else.

20. July 23, 2013 at 8:12 pm

Attention BT’s….in case you get the itchy trigger finger… Chipsticks, has a wonderful post coming up when this eventually gets busy.

July 23, 2013 at 8:18 pm

so, why all this weiner junk suddenly? whassup?

• 60 Jovie
      July 23, 2013 at 8:26 pm

I don’t even care about him, not even remotely!

• 61 nospin
      July 23, 2013 at 8:51 pm

Weiner is running for nyc mayor. Conversations about his sexting pic will most likely continue to be a part of the conversation because Weiner himself said that there may be more women who could come forward.

Then this week:
      a 22-year-old woman said Weiner had approached her online in July 2012, 13 months after he had given up his congressional seat. According to the woman, Weiner used the alias “Carlos Danger” on an email account to send “penis pictures.” She also said the two traded nude pictures and had phone sex.

The woman said Weiner promised her an apartment and a job, among other things, and that their communications carried on until the end of 2012. But she said he contacted her again in April 2013, when he reactivated his Facebook account and asked her what she thought of it.

She was identified only as “anonymous” and said she had come forward because, “he’s running for NYC mayor so I felt I should get my story out there.” Weiner, both at the press conference and in an earlier emailed statement, said that “some things that have been posted today are true and some are not.”

Personally, what folks do with their private bits is none of my business. If Huma is okay with her husband’s activities well… hey no skin of mine.

The issue for me is his character and how it would affect the job as mayor. I believe the guy is an asshole and a hypocrite. He is loud, obnoxious, has trouble focusing on issues and has a need for constant drama. My hope is that they choose another mayor and I intend to call my family and friends in ny and advise them to do just that. Choose someone else.

July 23, 2013 at 8:55 pm

To distract from PBO’s important economic speech tomorrow. That’s whassup….

July 23, 2013 at 8:21 pm

Computer and smartphone maker Apple has reported slightly better-than-expected profits for the third quarter of the year.

It made $6.9bn (£4.5bn) profit for three months to June, partly thanks to good sales of its iPhone smartphone.

However, the profit figure was 22% below that reported for the same period in 2012 and profit margins were also lower, down from 42.8% to 36.9%.

Despite this, the results sent its shares up 4%.

Revenue was also better than expected, with the company earning $35.3bn, although that was barely above the $35bn of a year ago.

July 23, 2013 at 8:24 pm

Because Joe Biden is usually smiling and has an excellent but somewhat “goofy” sense of humor, the MSM seriously underestimates his intellect and political charm. I think they got a bit of a shock when he turned that over-hyped fraud, Paul Ryan into a sweaty, water-drinking bumbling idiot during the VP’s debate back in October. But they were so busy on their anti-Obama “first debate” wheelbarrow, that they failed to really grasp what went on…

Joe Biden crushed Ryan with a wide smile on his face the whole damn time, and Ryan has NEVER recovered from that shellacking!!!

• 65 amk for obama
      July 23, 2013 at 8:26 pm

That was one of the best moments of campaign 2012.

That and the tod’ville melt down over the (in)famous ‘first debate’ led by our bt./smh

• July 23, 2013 at 8:33 pm

Oi, I see you!

I’m still melting down from that first debate …. as PBO did too, as he conceded. So stick that in yer pipe and smoke it!

July 23, 2013 at 8:52 pm

LOL! I remember…but it wasn’t Chips who led the meltdown.

• July 23, 2013 at 9:00 pm

I think I was pretty near the top of the meltdown, though, Hopefruit – and if I remember right I just went to bed then, convinced it was all over. :???:

July 23, 2013 at 9:05 pm

LOL! You participated in the meltdown, but were not the leader as far as I can recall.

I just remember being extremely frustrated that night, and while my frustration was more at the media (MSNBC I’m looking at you), I was certainly not in the mood for any hand-wringing on TOD!!!! LOL :)

July 23, 2013 at 8:24 pm

Al Franken’s petition to overturn Citizen’s United. Pass it on

• 74 arapaho415
      July 23, 2013 at 8:44 pm

Franken will be on @maddow in 15 minutes:

25. 75 Jovie
    July 23, 2013 at 8:24 pm
  26. 76 Alycee (@jazziz2)
    July 23, 2013 at 8:25 pm

Tweeted this this morning, then got side-tracked and failed to post.

• July 23, 2013 at 9:27 pm

Powerful, moving and crushingly sad.

The enlightened words of the Founders would never become real for each person in America until the stain of what those slave owners & those vicious destroyers of Native Peoples became not only history but a history every American repudiates. We have a very long way to go.

• 78 LDS
        July 23, 2013 at 11:22 pm

Mr. Bobfr, my sentiments exactly. I left a post way up there expressing exactly the same. This is so powerful. So sad. So heartfelt. My heart is so heavy for the parents of Trayvon. I just don’t know how they do it…..

27. July 23, 2013 at 8:28 pm

OMG, this really happened.

• 80 arapaho415
      July 23, 2013 at 8:51 pm

Mustard, of course, is the correct answer!

Not going to get involved in the whole Weiner/Huma/Hillary drama because the NYC local elections take up way too much of my Twitter timeline, but this was funny, I thought:

And Jeff Gauvin had a bit of sly fun this morning:

• 81 Jessica
      July 23, 2013 at 9:14 pm

Look at how dark his hair used to be. Sigh. Sasha and Malia are giving him a huge headache because they are growing up so lovely. Lol.

July 23, 2013 at 9:59 pm

Hot dog day today, ice cream day yesterday, what’s next? Macaroni cheese day.

28. 85 Jovie
    July 23, 2013 at 8:41 pm

GOP-White House immigration tension explodes into public
    Russell Berman
    07/23/13 08:25 PM ET
    Carney calls Boehner claims “laughable” while GOP describes White House adviser as demagogic hack.…

Isn’t that nice?

• 86 arapaho415
      July 23, 2013 at 8:57 pm

Jovie,

Just a suggestion, but how about letting the GOP infighting dust settle down a bit before dragging the WH into this? Only a bigot could not be offended by Steve King’s “cantaloupe” statement.

The GOP are going to be backpedaling and distancing themselves from this bigotry faster than the lazy WHPC can saunter to Jay’s briefing room:

29. 87 Nena20409
    July 23, 2013 at 8:42 pm

GE beautiful TODers.

Weiner was still doing what? Say it ain’t so?

The Bidens are in India and there are no Obsessive inquiries as to the Cost by Fox, Right Talk hate Radio and the rest of the Media? Hmm? Oh yeah, those questions are asked when It is The Obamas?

I have not listened on seen a Jay “Clark Kent” Carney presser posted…..I will now go hunting for it.

ZiZi2’s post…..Brilliant. LP…..LL…UT…Chips……my goodness……You are are just knocking it out of this world. Then Amk and his Toons……Thank you all.

30. July 23, 2013 at 8:48 pm

Some more news for the ladies (or the dudes, my LGBFF absolutely loved the movie):

Magic Mike Coming To Broadway!!!

31. 92 Nena20409
    July 23, 2013 at 8:48 pm

July 23rd, 2013 Jay “Clark Kent” Carney’s White House briefings:

32. 93 Jovie
    July 23, 2013 at 8:48 pm

The House votes to protect Getmo in defense bill

Sigh!

33. 94 globalcitizenlinda
    July 23, 2013 at 9:11 pm

I am done commenting about the some people in office (or aspiring for office) or public figures who keep demanding for collective national/global attention as a result of stupid actions or vile speech

July 23, 2013 at 9:14 pm

MUST READ. http://nymag.com/news/features/republican-congress-2013-7/

Anarchists of the House
    The Republican Congress is testing a new frontier of radicalism—governmental sabotage.

July 23, 2013 at 9:16 pm

uugghh. now bbc too is on the weiner show.

his pic (with his wife by his side – why does she even agree to do this mea culpa crap with him?) reminds me of pauly shore.

36. 97 dotster3
    July 23, 2013 at 9:17 pm

Insane and sickening—–and just sad.

July 23, 2013 at 9:19 pm

Who voted these Republicans into office? That’s right, the people of NC. It’s time we hold our fellow citizens accountable for voting against their best interests and helping the GOP lead this country to destruction…

July 23, 2013 at 9:24 pm

Because nothing says FREEDUMB like a drunk with a gun! Have at it, NC….no voting rights, no women’s rights, no worker’s rights, but LOTS of gun rights! You get what you vote for.

• 100 dotster3
      July 23, 2013 at 9:27 pm

I can’t figure out what happened to N.C. I had high hopes for that state—-there are great areas there with lots of Dem/liberal constituencies—-Raleigh-Durham and all the great college communities there—–Asheville area, some of the coastal areas—–Obama winning the state etc. I thought it had emerged from that southern stranglehold and was moving forward. No one voted in the local and state races? How were the Repubs able to take over everything there and wreck that great state?

• 101 Nena20409
        July 23, 2013 at 9:47 pm

Senator Obama winning NC in 2008 happened. The same was true in IN. Just like SCOTUS gave Us Citizen United after pres Obama raised $750M in 2008. Then after the 2012 win, SCOTUS gave Us the decimation of the VRA. Legislations sprung out to suppress and deny votes since 2008. ALCN pushed SYG laws after the 2010 elections……….all these acts are connected……

July 23, 2013 at 9:17 pm

Does anyone know what FSB stands for?