Aug

Rise and Shine…Happy Birthday Mr. President!

Barack Obama: The Child

090612obamagirls_dngnk

OBAMA_SS5

ObamaA20120709AP

5151696811358370312_image_1024w

Barack Obama: The President Of The United States

3859974851_350450e748

President Barack Obama, with daughter Sasha, looks at the card given to him during a birthday party with his staff in the Roosevelt Room of the White House, on Aug. 4, 2009. Daughter Malia and First Lady Michelle Obama look on at left.
(Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)

3859974945_ea66de9d36_b

President Barack Obama jokingly points out cake crumbs that Vice President Joe Biden dropped on the floor in the Oval Office following a birthday celebration for the President on Aug. 4, 2009.
(Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)

3859974407_14e8ba5259_b

President Barack Obama holds the birthday card given to him during a group photo with interns on the South Portico of the White House, on Aug. 3, 2009. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)

3859974779_f722dcb4c3_b

President Barack Obama presents cupcakes with a candle to Hearst White House columnist Helen Thomas in honor of her birthday in the James Brady Briefing Room, on Aug. 4, 2009. Thomas, who turned 89, shares the same birthday as the President, who turned 48. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)

3859974671_d7b54b2ebd_b

President Barack Obama watches the flame on the candle as he walks to the Brady Briefing Room to present cupcakes to Hearst White House columnist Helen Thomas in honor of her birthday, Aug. 4, 2009. Thomas, who turned 89, shares the same birthday as the President, who turned 48. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)

3859974599_53ee00a20e_b

President Barack Obama tries out the fly fishing rod given to him on his birthday by a group of avid fisherman on his staff, on Aug. 4, 2009. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)

206 Responses to “Rise and Shine…Happy Birthday Mr. President!”

1. 1 Dudette
    August 4, 2013 at 10:03 am

Happy Birthday!

August 4, 2013 at 10:24 am

G’morning to UT, Chips, TOD, lurkers, everyone, and congrats Dudette on #1 :)

Happy Birthday to my favorite President, Barack Obama!!!!

2. 5 CEB
    August 4, 2013 at 10:03 am

Happy Birthday to our awesome president, Barack Hussein Obama!
    Many happy returns; we love you we do.

GM, TOD family.

3. August 4, 2013 at 10:04 am

Happy Birthday Mr. President!

4. August 4, 2013 at 10:04 am

Happy birthday. Seeing so many pics makes it feel like mine too. Thanks UT

5. 8 Jeff
    August 4, 2013 at 10:07 am

Happy birthday Mr. President! May you have many more!

6. August 4, 2013 at 10:07 am

It’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood. Congratulations Dudette and CEB!

7. 10 cookemom
    August 4, 2013 at 10:07 am

Up and at ‘em all you O’s!!!! There’s a birthday party to be done on this great getting up day around TOD!!! I got my party hat and my party favors. I can’t wait for my turn to pin my tail on his……..don……uh, er…..oh never mind. No way I can clean that up.

8. August 4, 2013 at 10:10 am

Reblogged this on The Will to be True Blog and commented:
    Happy birthday to you Mr. President!

9. 12 anniebella
    August 4, 2013 at 10:16 am

Looking at that picture of the President with his Mother, I just thought how it was ashame Barack’s Mom and Michelle’s Father never got the chance to meet Malia and Sasha.

August 4, 2013 at 10:23 am

PBO’s mom got to meet them. There’s a pic floating somewhere with of all of them in Hawaii, with Sasha, Malia, FLOTUS, Maya, Maya’s husband and PBO’s mom. :) I will try to locate it for you…

August 4, 2013 at 10:35 am

Thanks hopefruit2, I wasn’t aware of that, I thought she passed before they were born. I would appreciate seeing that picture if you can fine it.

August 4, 2013 at 10:52 am

Sorry anniebella I confused his mom with his grandmother Toot. So you’re right – she didn’t get to see them at all. :(

• 16 CEB
        August 4, 2013 at 10:43 am

I believe that it was actually his grandmother in the photo you mentioned. It was taken on the day of Maya’s wedding.

• 18 dotster3
        August 4, 2013 at 10:45 am

I don’t think so (working with half a keyboard here) She died in 1995—-girls born in 1998 and 2001

August 4, 2013 at 10:50 am

Oh that’s right dotster. As CEB indicated, it was his grandmother toot who was in the Hawaii pic. Sorry, my bad!! :)

August 4, 2013 at 10:33 am

Happy Birthday Mr. President. Thank you for the outstanding job you are doing as our President. I respect and am proud to have you as our President, Michelle as our wonderful First Lady, and Malia and Sasha as our first daughters. Bless you and your family. Have a wonderful birthday Mr. President.

10. 22 cookemom
    August 4, 2013 at 10:21 am

Joy Reid on MTP and really holding her own with Scarborough, Andrea Mitchell, and Rick the Prick Santorscum

11. 27 criquet
    August 4, 2013 at 10:24 am

Good morning all.

Sorry got left on the previous thread and so brought this over.

Thanks for posting these clips of the campaign reviews, UT.

What was so clear was the total disrespect for the President from Chuck Todd. He called everyone else by their titles e.g. Gov Romney, Gov Daniels (or called them Mitch and Hayley ,guess they are friend) and called the President …Obama.

Chuck Todd is odious.

August 4, 2013 at 10:26 am

13. 32 criquet
    August 4, 2013 at 10:26 am

Happy Birthday , President Obama .

Keep on doing what you are doing sir, it will be appreciated by those who are not bigoted and biased and by those of the future.

August 4, 2013 at 10:27 am

I have my issues with Big Ed – but this is a nice birthday greeting from him to our President:

• 34 cookemom
      August 4, 2013 at 10:30 am

This is already turning into a happy naughty mat day for me. Love the pictures of the best thing that has happened to these United States since the hula hoop.

• 35 sherijr
        August 4, 2013 at 10:32 am

lol.. or sliced bread for that matter :)

August 4, 2013 at 10:32 am

Yes cookemom, I thought about you spending PBO’s entire birthday on the naughty mat —- and I’m okay with that!

• 37 Dudette
        August 4, 2013 at 10:47 am

Hi cookemom! Save a corner on the mat for me! :-D

• 38 HZ
          August 4, 2013 at 12:07 pm

GM Dudette and cookemom, the naughty mats are out. Ready for all of us. This is going to be a beautiful day to send my TOD family members to the mats. Chips gave me the keys to the storage room since yardarm taking a rest. I will be watching. No, have fun everyone. We will not be able to enjoy another Happy Birthday for our great president for another 365 days. So let us all CELEBRATE.
          (((( Love you all so much))))HZ

August 4, 2013 at 10:41 am

Thanks Mr Ed, you are darn right, born 52 years ago in Hawaii, let me repeat that Hawaii. That’s Hawaii our 50th state.

15. August 4, 2013 at 10:29 am

Good morning all, and Happy Birthday to President Obama! VC wanted me to re-post her son’s composition for the President’s birthday since she’s away today, so here it is! She did this last year, and has a new one for this year.

August 4, 2013 at 10:29 am

Ut- this is an excellent chronological gallery of PBO you’ve compiled for TOD. What a lovely tribute to our Commander-in-Chief. THANKS!!!

17. August 4, 2013 at 10:29 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, President Obama!!

18. 46 sherijr
    August 4, 2013 at 10:31 am

This is a wonderfully perfect tribute to POTUS! Well done & many thanks UT. Happy Birthday Mr. President, so grateful to you~

August 4, 2013 at 10:31 am

I’m going to post any positive, respectful tribute to our President’s birthday here on this thread. :)

August 4, 2013 at 10:48 am

Thank you hopefruit2 for that. Posting respectful, positive tribute to President Barack Obama. I appreciate that. Show our President the respect he deserve.

August 4, 2013 at 10:50 am

You know you get so tired of the disrespect he has to put up with from the racists haters out there, and at times from the left too.

• 52 Dudette
          August 4, 2013 at 10:55 am

Exactly anniebella!

I’m so glad you’re doing this hopefruit. Today of all days, people should be reminded how blessed we are to have him as Captain of our ship and of the great example of leadership he provides for us all.

• 53 HZ
            August 4, 2013 at 12:15 pm

So beautifully stated, Dudette. I love the beautiful reminders of this great man who is our President of the United States. He is so deserving of this beautiful celebration on this his Happy Birthday. TY all for this. HZ

• 54 arkluvspbo
      August 4, 2013 at 9:21 pm

He is blessing that young man.

20. 55 debz
    August 4, 2013 at 10:32 am

Happy Birthday Mr President.

August 4, 2013 at 10:35 am

22. 59 Asher in Boston
    August 4, 2013 at 10:35 am

GM, all. Happy Birthday Mr. President. You have made our lives more happier and more enjoyable to live.

23. August 4, 2013 at 10:41 am

Gooooooooooooood Morning TOD villllle….MsChipssssssss….UT…BTs…..

Happppppppppy Birthday….Mr President….How happy I am that you are my President…will work hard to keep us moving Forward>>>>

I could not find the video that BWD made to celebrate PBOs 50th Birthday…my favorite of all time…

so I will play this one instead….

FORWARD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

24. August 4, 2013 at 10:42 am

Awsome …Awsome Post…UT……

25. 67 HZ
    August 4, 2013 at 10:45 am

GM, Chips, UT, and my TOD family. Thank you, UT for all that you do to make this our beautiful space for our wonderful POTUS.

*************** Happy Birthday, Mr. President*******************

Mr. President, you give so much of yourself daily for all of us, and we want to say, “Thank you for to the best President Ever. ” Enjoy every moment on this day of your celebration, Mr. President, our beloved hard working president.. HZ

• August 4, 2013 at 10:49 am

Good morning, HZ!

Shall we all celebrate this wonderful gift of our President Obama on his 52nd birthday? I think we must all make this day a beautiful space to love and honor him as a man, a father, a husband, a visionary, as our greatest President.

• 69 HZ
        August 4, 2013 at 12:26 pm

Good Morning, meta. Beautiful day in our lovely state. I am crying, ((((Joyful tears))))) as I enjoy all of the videos, the comments, and beautiful birthday greeting to our wonderful President. I just watched the video that you placed into our space, and I just gave thanks for this great man who is our POTUS.

I am surely going to celebrate his 52nd today. What a gift we all have been given. He will be known as the greatest President Ever. HZ

26. August 4, 2013 at 10:45 am

Good Morning UT, TODers…Everyone!!!

Happy Birthday Mr. President!!! With your birth, we were gifted with a rare treasure. With your presidency, we have come to realize the treasure that we have. Thank you for allowing us to know you and for working on behalf of those of us whose voices are seldom heard.

27. August 4, 2013 at 10:46 am

Happy Birthday to our President of the FREE World, Barack Obama :-) Thank you UT for a wonderful post this morning. Enjoyed it very much!!!

28. 72 GGAIL
    August 4, 2013 at 10:46 am

Good West Coast morning Chipsticks, UT & TOD family.
    Happy Birthday President Obama!

29. August 4, 2013 at 10:49 am

30. August 4, 2013 at 10:49 am

31. 75 cookemom
    August 4, 2013 at 10:52 am

Is there a pic of PBO’s grandmom that anyone can share? I’m looking at PBO’s mom and grandfather when he was a child. Mom and granddad are spitting images of each other, PBO the child, not so much. I’m thinking as a toddler he favors the grandmom more. Then as a teenager and young man, I see him morph into an exact picture of his mom and granddad. Now looking at the girls, I see his mom in Malia as a teenager as well. Sasha is her mom’s image, but the Obama genes may come into play with her as they did with him and Malia.

32. 80 africa
    August 4, 2013 at 10:52 am

Good Morning everyone. What a glorious day it is. It is my president’s birthday. Happy Birthday President Barack Hussein Obama.

August 4, 2013 at 10:54 am

HBD, Mr President.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

34. August 4, 2013 at 11:00 am

Michelle Obama…DNC Speech….truly a tribute to PBO…fitting Birthday Tribute

35. 83 Claire
    August 4, 2013 at 11:16 am

Happy Birthday Mr. President. The world became a better place on Aug. 4, 1961.

36. 84 carolyn
    August 4, 2013 at 11:18 am

To our wonderful President, Happy Birthday from our whole family in Oklahoma and Texas…..yes…..many of us in these two states admire, respect and love you. You are the best president of my looooooong life. So glad you are in the White House. May blessings shower on you and your family.

This is my first post in about 6 days…..my daughter-in-law and grandchildren were here for a visit. Wonderful, but exhausting for this grandma! In recovery today:-)

August 4, 2013 at 11:18 am

• 86 globalcitizenlinda
      August 4, 2013 at 1:33 pm

could this be the same image that Speaker Pelosi used for the cake she presented to POTUS earlier this week?

38. August 4, 2013 at 11:22 am

LOVE all these pictures! What an outstanding collection!

And #MrPresident is trending on Twitter (USA trends) this morning.

As promised, reposting in honor of our President’s 52nd birthday:
    “All you have to do is look at President Obama. He has great form. He’s an exceptional bodysurfer…”

• August 4, 2013 at 11:27 am

Yes, and that photo resembles one of my nephews almost exactly. And the pic of PBO clenching his little fist in the water looks like my son at about the same age when he was imitating the Incredible Hulk. Surreal !!

• 89 cookemom
      August 4, 2013 at 11:32 am

I thought i”d seen all of his pics. The one that shows where Malia gets her looks is new to me. Thanks for sharing.

August 4, 2013 at 11:23 am

I woke with a smile on my face this morning:) Happy Birthday, President Obama. Many, many more. Today, surround yourself with family and friends and know you are loved…..

40. 91 EDP4BHO
    August 4, 2013 at 11:23 am

Hello and good morning, TOD. I came here today to share in the birthday greetings to my illustrious president. Thank you so much for providing the visuals, which show just how happy PBO is in the presence of his family. Never seen a happier husband or father as he exhibits when he is with them. They truly are his REAL world. Peace all and a good day.

41. 92 Judith Fardig
    August 4, 2013 at 11:24 am

August 4, 2013 at 11:26 am

Beautiful – I was just about to post this! :) Thanks for sharing with us Judith!

• August 4, 2013 at 11:36 am

FABULOUS, Judith!!!!

• 98 Dudette
      August 4, 2013 at 11:45 am

Wow, that’s fantastic Judith! What a moment that must’ve been! :-)

• 99 Judith Fardig
        August 4, 2013 at 11:50 am

There were four of us who won the 50 for 50 contest sponsored by the OFA campaign. Never thought I’d win one of those contests. Wish everyone here could have their PBO hug!

• 100 Dudette
          August 4, 2013 at 11:55 am

Soooo Kewl!
          For now, I’ll have to be content with enjoying your picture. I just touched my computer screen to see if a little bit Presidential aura would come through. I’m sure I felt a tiny jolt of electricity — that must’ve been it! :-D

• 101 Dudette
          August 4, 2013 at 12:06 pm

He’s not just hugging you, he’s holding your hand too! I’m all tingly just thinking about that. :-D

• 102 Dudette
            August 4, 2013 at 12:13 pm

I know, I know… taking my seat on the naught mat! :-D

• 103 Mela in TX
              August 4, 2013 at 12:24 pm

Yeah, scoot over and make some room for me on that mat. Whew it is HOT in here!

• 104 HZ
                August 4, 2013 at 1:29 pm

We have got plenty of room for all TODer on the naughty mats. Open all day just for the sweet and beautiful thoughts of one fine looking President, plus most of all a brilliant, loving, kind, hardworking, fun, and great loving husband and loving precious father. We love you, for making us so proud and naughty, our wonderful President, Barack Obama.

HAPPY Visits to our naughty mat ladies. A very special day, for a very special POTUS. Be Happy for our great President. HZ

Oh, the sun is so bright out here on the west coast, can we have some ;sunglasses wearing’ POTUS? Please, Dudette. I just put out my garden flag saying: Happy Birthday that has a nice large side piece of birthday cake. I am driving my neighbors crazy. (No, I am a very nice neighbor) but they know my birthday date; so I know they are saying all prayers for me as they go out for church today. They are ultra conservatives, I was informed during 2008. Whatever, I respect anyone along as they respect me. Plain and simple. I am going in my quiet room today and pray and meditate. Too hot out where I am, and cardiologist has given me orders to take it easy in this heat.

But between my elegant ‘O’ sign(another garden flag with the beautiful black background with a lovely monogram gold O and pineapples as boarders), it is a beauty. That stays out until POB leaves office. I ordered two incase of sun fading or stealing from my property HZ.

• August 4, 2013 at 11:51 am

Wow, Judith, what a terrific experience! Congratulations!

• 107 Alycee (@jazziz2)
      August 4, 2013 at 12:23 pm

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! So you were one of the lucky few to celebrate the Big 5-0 with him; how fantastic is that!!!!

• 108 Mela in TX
      August 4, 2013 at 12:26 pm

Beautiful picture, Judith! You are beaming with joy

• 109 arkluvspbo
      August 4, 2013 at 9:38 pm

What a wonderful picture, Judith!!! I would never wash my hand again! :)

42. 110 PrayerWarriorforObama
    August 4, 2013 at 11:26 am

Happy Birthday, President Obama. We, outside the USA, love you and your family profoundly and wish you another 52 years of true and abundant blessings.

August 4, 2013 at 11:28 am

August 4, 2013 at 11:29 am

45. August 4, 2013 at 11:29 am

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MR. PRESIDENT! ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

It’s obvious from the pics that he had a magnanimous, loving and generous spirit from day one. I’m glad he cultivated it and didn’t let it get beat down by life and circumstances. Bless his mom and grandparents for raising him right, and his wife and girls for loving and grounding him. I’m wishing for many, many more years of health and happiness for Barack Obama and his family. Happy Birthday!

P.S., Hi Chips and Hi TOD Family!!! :-D

46. 118 Jovie
    August 4, 2013 at 11:30 am

You know, most of the far left are ideologues!
    They’re Libertarian isolationist on Foreign policy, but on Domestic issues closer to Bernie Sanders POV.
    It’s a strange wing in our party, and a lot of them are wealthy, thus powerful and influential.
    Right now, Snowden trumps all other issues for them. Sadly, they are sometimes single issue voters.
    Just look at CH and Rachel? They’re prime examples of the far left. Libertarians on foreign policy, Almost Socialist on domestic policies.
    Same with Michael Moore…
    That’s why when GG goes on Sunday shows, he’s fundraising. Many donations come from the aforementioned or at least allow him on Shows.
    It’s demented, but it exists, and it should be noted!

47. 119 dotster3
    August 4, 2013 at 11:31 am

beautiful photo of our bday guy

48. 120 Jovie
    August 4, 2013 at 11:32 am

49. 121 dotster3
    August 4, 2013 at 11:37 am

Haha—-friend found this note in daughter’s bed: “Dear Tooth Fairy I swallowed the tooth Please lea_e _oney anyway Thank you Stella

(sorry for _issing letters—–keyboard kaput!)

August 4, 2013 at 11:39 am

51. 123 Dudette
    August 4, 2013 at 11:46 am

52. August 4, 2013 at 11:47 am

53. 125 MightyPamela
    August 4, 2013 at 11:47 am

“You say it’s your birthday, it’s my birthday too, yeah!” ~ The Beatles hey, y’all! Happiest of birth-days to our Beloved President. Just a quick check-in as I will need to re-emerge slowly after a brilliant week! Thank you for the well-wishes and regards, it means so much to be part of this meaningful group of Souls! Back later, found a water leak in the basement below the shower drain area, so have to get that figured out. The cat tried to show it too me yesterday but I was more interested in getting outside! Hugs all around.. {{{{TOD}}}}

54. August 4, 2013 at 11:54 am

UT, WordPress shut me out today, so had to come in through twitter with a different name. It’s still me, Jackie G.–waiting in moderation. Maybe WP will calm down later today, but it decided that it wasn’t my friend on the president’s birthday. (SIGH)

55. August 4, 2013 at 11:54 am

August 4, 2013 at 12:04 pm

• 134 Dudette
      August 4, 2013 at 12:08 pm

Yeh baby!! Now we just need a Congress who’ll do the work to get us beyond that 8.8 million into even bigger numbers.
      Lots of work to do for 2014. #FORWARD

August 4, 2013 at 12:11 pm

58. 143 Alycee (@jazziz2)
    August 4, 2013 at 12:12 pm

August 4, 2013 at 12:19 pm
    August 4, 2013 at 12:21 pm
  61. August 4, 2013 at 12:23 pm

August 4, 2013 at 12:28 pm

Okay don’t anyone dare post the one from Tavis and Corney.

• 153 Dudette
        August 4, 2013 at 12:38 pm

LOL! I hope you’re joking! I’m not even go look to see if either of them did, cuz it would just be too icky.

Anyway, Tom Joyner ADORES the President! I love his pet name for PBO — “Big Chief.”
        Btw, he’s always prefaces his shout-outs, by saying “I don’t do shout-outs, but…” :-)
        I love me some Tom Joyner!

• 154 HZ
          August 4, 2013 at 12:59 pm

(((((((((((((((((( I am right behind you, Dudette))))))))))))))))))) Mr. Tom Joyner has been there for and with our great President. Love Mr. Tom Joyner for making that “shout out” to President Obama.HZ

62. August 4, 2013 at 12:30 pm

63. 159 vitaminlover
    August 4, 2013 at 12:30 pm

God bless, guide, guard and protect you, Mr. President. Sir. May you be continually surrounded with His Love. Many, many more years for you. Thank you for being our most beloved President.

64. 160 Mela in TX
    August 4, 2013 at 12:31 pm

Happy Birthday, Mr. President! Hoping you know just how much you are loved and admired. We are eternally grateful for your brilliant leadership.

65. 161 Dudette
    August 4, 2013 at 12:32 pm

I caught the last segment of Melissa Harris-Perry’s show today where they had a most interesting discussion about the Netflix show Orange Is the New Black. Gobrooklyn mentioned it last night. Wow, I wanna see this show.

Don’t know how I missed this tidbit about the show (important for me as an avowed Trekkie) — Kate Mulgrew (Star Trek Voyager’s Captain Janeway) is in the cast! Okay, as if I weren’t already, now I’m totally sold! Gotta see this thing. Somebody I know locally must have Netflix.
    I’m on a mission! :-D

• 162 arkluvspbo
      August 4, 2013 at 10:05 pm

Dudette, this show is groundbreaking. It’s from the creator of Weeds…I like Weeds, but OITNB is even better. It touches on ALL taboo subjects from an extremely unique perspective.

66. 163 donna dem 4 obama
    August 4, 2013 at 12:33 pm

67. 164 globalcitizenlinda
    August 4, 2013 at 12:36 pm

We are so lucky that we can say President Obama

68. 166 Mela in TX
    August 4, 2013 at 12:37 pm

Hi TODers! Interesting little tidbit: I only have 1 sibling and she shares her birthday with PBO. I sadly, share mine with President William Jefferson Clinton. Sucks. She always got all the good stuff ;)

69. 171 Mellesia Barnett
    August 4, 2013 at 12:39 pm

Happy Birthday President Obama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

70. 172 Alycee (@jazziz2)
    August 4, 2013 at 12:41 pm

Schummer and Ryan were on Face the Nation this am. Schummer stated that PBO should forgo bi-lat with Putin and encourage G-20 to move from St Petersburg (while admitting that the move is unlikely); Ryan agreed and went on to pontificate about Putin disrespecting the Pres because PBO & America is seen as weak… Please. Fortunately, while these like ankle nippers pontificate on TV, PBO is playing 3-D chess in real time, in the real world.

71. 173 Dudette
    August 4, 2013 at 12:41 pm

Early Birthday Party Redux…

August 4, 2013 at 1:09 pm

Dudette is there anyway you could cut out that stiff mean looking witch out of that lovely picture of POTUS and FLOTUS dancing.

72. 175 Nena20409
    August 4, 2013 at 12:41 pm

GM TODers and Happy Sunday.

Happy B_Day Mr. President.

My fav pic of Mr Obama was a picture of him as an infant laying on his tummy……

Happy Birthday, pres Barack Obama.

73. 176 Anjo
    August 4, 2013 at 12:41 pm

And a one and a two..everybody now

A Happy Birthday to You
    A Happy Birthday to You
    Every day of the year
    May you find Jesus (and all who love you) near
    A Happy Birthday to You
    A Happy Birthday to You
    The BEST that you ever had

Happy Birthday Mr. President Hon. Barack Hussein Obama
    from all who love you and cherish you
    May you have a most wonderful day and a blessed year WE LOVE YOU
    From your supporters outside of the US…

74. 177 globalcitizenlinda
    August 4, 2013 at 12:42 pm

heading to my OFA event in 30 minutes – can’t wait to do my part in promoting and implementing PBO’s agenda.

It is a tough for the present and the future and we must help PBO win it against so many entrenched interests & a well-oiled & heavily funded hate-mongering machine

75. 178 Mela in TX
    August 4, 2013 at 12:42 pm

Where did everybody go?! Did I kill the thread? I think we should all give the incomparable UT a standing ovation for the wonderful job she’s done keeping us informed and entertained in Chips absence.

76. 179 Dudette
    August 4, 2013 at 12:44 pm

I feel like dancing some more… :-D

August 4, 2013 at 12:47 pm

Here are the three words to use against the Republicans:

“They Did Nothing.” It’s that simple. The Republicans on the economy? “They did nothing.” On jobs? “They did nothing.” Rebuilding America’s crumbling roads and bridges to help businesses move their products? “They did nothing.” Immigration? “They did nothing.” Climate change? “They did nothing.” Bringing American jobs back home instead of shipping them overseas? “They did nothing.” Keeping guns out of the hands of criminals, terrorists and the mentally ill? “They did nothing.”* The list goes on and on. And to be clear, the Democrats must articulate their positive agenda. In fact, President Obama has taken to the road to do just that. Saying the Republicans did nothing only makes sense if Democrats clearly explain what solutions they stand for and on which the Republicans should work, with some compromise and cooperation by both sides.

78. 184 anniebella
    August 4, 2013 at 12:48 pm

Do you think anyone from the White House might see all of this? I wish they would. Just to see the love and respect we have for our President. And his family.

79. 187 vitaminlover
    August 4, 2013 at 12:54 pm

Not to take away from our beloved President on his birthday but VP Biden looks nice in that light gray suit. Our leaders look nice anyway but extra nice in light-colored suits.

80. August 4, 2013 at 1:03 pm

What a great post and joyfilled comments. I’ve been tweeting all the good stuff using the hashtag #CelebrateObama. He has so many accomplishments. Amazing man. There is so much love going out to him today. It’s a beautiful day for a beautiful man! Happy Birthday with all my love, Mr. President.

81. 192 Mela in TX
    August 4, 2013 at 1:09 pm

Alright TODers, I’ve got to get ready and head over to celebrate my sister’s birthday. Stay out of trouble and enjoy your day! Thanks for providing such a wonderful, loving space to hang out. Hugs! !

82. 193 COS
    August 4, 2013 at 1:13 pm

Good morning all and Happy Birthday to PBO.

83. 195 africa
    August 4, 2013 at 1:16 pm

U.S. Journalists:

• 196 lisalovesobama
      August 4, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Pete’s job is to record the president for posterity. He was chosen by the president –as are all presidential photogs- and only accountable to the president and White House. Of all the presidential photogs in the last 25 years, why is the American lazy, idiotic press only now complaining about Pete. How comes I never heard squat about W’s photographer? Bunch of asshats. Next they’re gonna start complaining about Bo.

84. 197 jackiegrumbacher
    August 4, 2013 at 1:17 pm

Word Press is playing silly games today. Refuses to post my comments. When I come in through twitter, I get put in moderation. Then I go back through WordPress and they say okay. Do the WP people just have the grumps some days?

85. 200 africa
    August 4, 2013 at 1:19 pm

86. 201 Melanie
    August 4, 2013 at 1:28 pm

Happy birthday, Barack! Your hair's a little grayer, but I love you more than ever. –mo pic.twitter.com/xxYTA9cMK7— FLOTUS (@FLOTUS) August 4, 2013

87. 203 Mellesia Barnett
    August 4, 2013 at 1:33 pm

88. 204 sjterrid
    August 4, 2013 at 2:04 pm

Happy Birthday, Mr. President. I’m going to a Barack Obama Birthday Action Event tonight in Cherry Hill, NJ.

89. 205 Dee
    August 4, 2013 at 2:34 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR. PRESIDENT OBAMA!! GOD BLESS YOU!!

90. 206 arkluvspbo
    August 4, 2013 at 9:11 pm

UT, EXCELLENT birthday tribute to our amazingly awesome President.
    He just makes me swoon.