Aug

Early Bird Chat

Back in a bit with Rise and Shine

48 Responses to “Early Bird Chat”

1. 6 99ts
    August 8, 2013 at 8:25 am

GM Ms Chips – the doodle thingy working in the backwoods today? I have a couple of those – different colors – so I call them white thing & blue thing. Very descriptive – useful when on vacation because I have yet to find a hotel (in my price range) where the “free” wifi actually works on any sort of regular timescale.

2. August 8, 2013 at 8:28 am

Good morning Chips and COS. Love, love, love that picture! I watched for the third time the Leno interview last night. I can never get enough of watching our President.

• 12 99ts
      August 8, 2013 at 8:31 am

I love that those smiling, laughing, jostling are always of different shapes, colors, sizes, ages – everyone wants to get close to PBO.

August 8, 2013 at 8:35 am

People just looooooooooove him. Yay!

4. 16 COS
    August 8, 2013 at 8:53 am

I am watching Bill press this morning because I wanted to see what Joe Circinoe(sp) had to say and he really disappointed me this morning. I notice that the meme is that Snowden is the main reason PBO cancelled the Russian trip. This quarterbacking drives me nuts.

• August 8, 2013 at 9:02 am

I have tweeted several times yesterday that the MSM is trying to elevate Snowden at call costs – giving him an “importance” that he does not have or deserve. And by the way, PBO did not cancel his trip – he only canceled a meeting with Putin due to Putin’s horrific and inflexible position on human rights issues.

By focusing on Snowden the MSM avoids discussing Putin’s abuses and instead makes PBO the bad guy. We need to push back on this meme at every opportunity.

• 18 japa21
      August 8, 2013 at 9:25 am

I was listening to him on drive to work. I like Cirincione (sp?) and I think he did a good job of looking at both sides and not judging it either way. Plus, Press is the one pushing the Snowden side of things whereas Cirincione did bring up other issues.

• August 8, 2013 at 10:34 am

hello COS ..
      i had watched Bill Press on Currnet TV which is no longer available…what channel/network do you watch him on….

5. August 8, 2013 at 9:14 am

Good Morning, All :)

6. 21 GGAIL
    August 8, 2013 at 9:16 am

Good West Coast morning Chipsticks & TOD family. I’m holding my LA Times paper in my hands & looking at that lovely picture. It brought a smile when I saw it! Thanks Chipsticks!!

7. 22 japa21
    August 8, 2013 at 9:23 am
      August 8, 2013 at 9:40 am

Tell Putin to get Edward Snowden and go hunting and horse back riding with him. Use Snowden for his PR, because we all know Putin could have return Snowden to the U.S. if he wanted too. I don’t like or trust Putin.

8. 24 Roberta in MN
    August 8, 2013 at 9:26 am

Good Morning Chips, congrats COS on 1st place. I watched all of his interviews & speeches last night, THANK YOU UT for posting all of this for us. BBL.

9. 25 japa21
    August 8, 2013 at 9:27 am
    August 8, 2013 at 9:36 am

Morning everyone:) Kids come to school today! I got home from work yesterday and thought I was gonna die! My back was killing me….but, this morning I get to see those eager, smiling faces and all will be right with the world:)
    I missed a lot yesterday, but did watch both PBO talks….have I said that I love this man yet today?

August 8, 2013 at 9:41 am

Pete Rouse, a former White House chief of staff and arguably President Obama’s “most-trusted West Wing adviser, has told friends he will be leaving the administration this fall,” Politico reports.

“The white-thatched Rouse, 67, occupies a unique niche in Obama’s tight-knit world. He’s a reassuring problem solver, one of Obama’s few congressional fixers and, in his role as counselor, serves as a both mentor and sounding board to a president who keeps his circle small and confidences close.”

August 8, 2013 at 10:08 am

Sorry to hear about Pete Rouse leaving.

• August 8, 2013 at 12:46 pm

Pete Rouse just got the work done, and didn’t try to be a celebrity. I will be sad to see him go. Just knowing he was whispering words of wisdom, and getting his job done well, was comforting. He must be exhausted!

12. 30 anniebella
    August 8, 2013 at 9:57 am

I am so glad Lawrence O’Donnell went after Rush Limbaugh last night in the “Rewrite”, not just went after, but torn into that racists woman hating big mouth, fat drug addict.Of all the nerve someone like Limbaugh has the nerve to attack the First Lady concerning her childhood obesity work. Thanks to Mr. O’Donnell. The First Lady is not trying to make anyone do anything they don’t want too. I am so dam proud of what she is trying to do, because we as blacks know darn well that obesity runs in our communities, and if we can help our kids, grand kids, great-grandkids, nieces, nephews, then what is wrong with that?