Aug

Rise and Shine

On this day, Aug. 8, 2012 – Pete Souza: “Overcome with emotion, eight-year old Make-A-Wish child Janiya Penny reacts just after meeting the President as he welcomes her family to the Oval Office.”

Today (all times Eastern)

12:30: Jay Carney briefs the press

2:55: President Obama holds a bilateral meeting with Prime Minister Antonis Samaras of Greece

President Obama greets Marines and their families before a speech in Camp Pendleton, Calif., August 7

Steve Benen: Jobless claims inch higher, but remain near five-year low

It’s never good news when initial unemployment claims climb, but the new figures out this morning are better than expected and are still near a five-year low:

The number of people who applied for new unemployment benefits rose by 5,000 to 333,000 in the week ended Aug. 3, but the level of initial claims remained close to a five-year low in a possible sign of some improvement in the U.S. labor market. Economists surveyed by MarketWatch expected claims to climb to 339,000 on a seasonally adjusted basis. The average of new claims over the past month, a more reliable gauge than the volatile weekly number, fell by 6,250 to 335,500 to the lowest level since November 2007.

More here

Four years ago today, Sonia Sotomayor was sworn in as a Supreme Court justice

ThinkProgress: These Six States Want To Allow Health Insurers To Deny Coverage To Sick People

Officials in Texas and five other GOP-led states are refusing to oversee even Obamacare’s most basic — and popular — consumer protections and insurance market reforms. That includes the law’s ban on denying coverage or charging more because of a pre-existing condition and discriminating against women on the basis of gender. The decision could present major hurdles to Americans who buy health insurance through federally-run marketplaces in the Lone Star State, Arizona, Alabama, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Wyoming.

More here

Watch “Serve” highlighting the incredible story of Alejandro Morales, a young undocumented immigrant who was brought to the United States when he was only seven months old. Alejandro was the highest ranking cadet in Chicago JROTC and his biggest dream is to serve his county in the U.S. Marines. He is an American; this is the only country he’s ever known. He wants to serve and protect his country, but our broken immigration system prevents him from doing so because he is an undocumented immigrant:

Greg Sargent: The conventional wisdom on immigration reform is wrong

The chances that comprehensive immigration reform will ever pass the House  are very slim. However, the easy conventional wisdom about what’s happening now — which holds that the conservative base controls the outcome completely, that the death of reform is preordained, and that House Republicans are only looking for a way to kill reform blamelessly — is overly simplistic and is increasingly looking like it’s just wrong.

To understand what’s really happening, the key question to ask is: Are House Republicans just playing for time, or are they actually grappling with the issue of immigration reform and what to do about the 11 million undocumented immigrants?

More here

Action August

TPM: How Immigration Reform Can Still Pass Congress

Despite the long odds, Democrats see a narrow road through which comprehensive immigration reform could still pass both houses of Congress and become law.

The road is murky and full of landmines. But here’s how it would go….

More here

ThinkProgress: How A Powerful Group Of Corporations Quietly Tried To Roll Back Clean Energy Standards, And Failed Miserably

When the American Legislative Exchange Council, or ALEC, wants a law passed, the law typically gets passed.

The organization is known for helping to advance corporate interests by writing and then pushing to pass conservative legislation at the state level. With funding to the tune of $500,000 from billionaire brothers Charles and David Koch’s foundations from 2005-2011, and $1.4 million from Exxon Mobil this past decade, it shouldn’t be a surprise that ALEC has had many successes in its 40 years of existence. ALEC has most notably pushed “Stand Your Ground” and “Right-to-Work” legislation through state legislatures across the country. The organization has also created model legislation with intended loopholes that allow energy companies to withhold names of certain chemicals used during hydraulic fracturing, or fracking.

This year ALEC decided to prioritize the dismantling of states’ renewable energy standards and targets across the country. Their record? 0 for 13. In the states where ALEC and its members sought to repeal or weaken renewable energy standards or targets, not a single bill passed in 2013….

More here

On this day….

Aug. 8, 2010 – Pete Souza: “The President has made several trips to Walter Reed Army Medical Center and several other hospitals to visit wounded soldiers and personally award Purple Heart medals. Although I do take photographs of him meeting these soldiers, we make these pictures only available to the soldiers themselves. Here, he’s about to enter the room of a wounded soldier who received a Purple Heart.”

ThinkProgress: After Airing Pro-Keystone XL Ads, NBC Station Rejects Ad Opposing The Pipeline

NBC has rejected an ad opposing the Keystone XL pipeline, despite running ads in favor of its construction. The climate group NextGen Climate Action says it was notified at the last minute Tuesday night that a Washington, D.C. NBC station rejected its ad, submitted for President Obama’s appearance on the Tonight Show. A representative for the group suggested that the station may have bowed to oil corporate pressure in rejecting the ad and challenged the station to disavow that polluter interests played a role in the decision.

More here

On this day….

Aug. 8, 2010: President Obama greets First Lady Michelle Obama and daughter Sasha upon their arrival at a barbecue in celebration of his 49th birthday on the South Lawn of the White House (Photo by Pete Souza)

Aug. 8, 2010: President Obama sits with daughter Sasha during a barbecue with family and friends in celebration of his 49th birthday on the South Lawn of the White House (Photo by Pete Souza)

Aug. 8, 2010 – Pete Souza: “We were walking through a locker room at the University of Texas when White House Trip Director Marvin Nicholson stopped to weigh himself on a scale. Unbeknownst to him, the President was stepping on the back of the scale, as Marvin continued to slide the scale lever. Everyone but Marvin was in on the joke.”

MooooOOOOoooorning!

190 Responses to “Rise and Shine”

• August 8, 2013 at 10:03 am

Just love pictorial news. Thanks Chips!

• 3 HZ
        August 8, 2013 at 10:12 am

Good Morning my beautiful Chips. A lovely morning to you and all of my TOD family members. Where is my beautiful family? It is a lovely sunny day in my part of the world. So thankful to be alive, although my legs are giving me the fits; I will still rise and stand.

Everyone have a great day. Now, I will take my time and go catch up on the reading. ((((( I love you all so dearly)))) Say a word of goodness for our wonderful president and his administration. Be kind and gentle also to your spirit.HZ

• August 8, 2013 at 10:36 am

Good Morning HZ and the rest of the TOD family! It is a sunny beautiful morning in SoCal. We are enjoying the cool mornings and warmer days before our really hot days this month and next.

• 5 HZ
            August 8, 2013 at 11:34 am

Good Morning jojo. Yes, the mornings are lovely. I am hoping that we can enjoy these lovely mornings and prepare our wallets for the remaining days of the month and Sept. I am hoping also for the fires to get under control. I have some friends out in one area, but they are coping just fine. We continue to send forth good thoughts to all who are in weather conditions that are causing some pain and heartache.

Let us remember our First Responders and and dedicated and hard working Fire Departments all over Cali. and all of our states. Keep them in our prayers and thoughts. We do not know what tomorrow holds, but we surely can try our best to do what we can this day.
            () Keep going forth with goodness in our hearts, we must.

I love you all for keeping this beautiful space for all of us to support our president and to encourage and spread the good work that POB is doing for all of us. Thanks so much, Chips.HZ

• 6 sjterrid
          August 8, 2013 at 3:09 pm

HZ your comments are always so inspiring. Sorry to hear your legs are bothering you. Please take care of yourself. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

• August 8, 2013 at 10:08 am

Moooooooorning Almablanca, mooooooorning everyone!!!

August 8, 2013 at 10:43 am

Morning, Chips! I must have really underslept to have caught up with Rise and Shine, this soon in the day. Hmmm. Coffee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 11 arkluvspbo
        August 8, 2013 at 3:05 pm

Good afternoon Everybody!
        FLOTUS’ work on “Let’s Move”, has been invaluable. The gratitude I have for her is truly immeasurable. Life is about to come full circle, and it’s really exciting to see what will happen.
        We’ve got our Lion King and his Queen. :)

1. August 8, 2013 at 10:07 am

Good morning TOD. Congrats on first Almablanca.

2. 15 anniebella
    August 8, 2013 at 10:12 am

Thank you Chipsticks for including the video of Lawrence O’Donnell beat down of Rush Limbaugh last night.

3. 18 anniebella
    August 8, 2013 at 10:16 am

Love the pictures of POTUS and Sasha. And that first one of the little girl Janiya crying . That really is touching.

• 19 Jessica
      August 8, 2013 at 10:29 am

I can’t believe that was 3 years ago. PBO presidency is flying by but Bush’s dragged on for eternity.

August 8, 2013 at 10:45 am

Bush’s was like spending all eternity in hell.

We’d better enjoy each and every day of these next remarkable three years!!!!

4. August 8, 2013 at 10:16 am

I need another digital hug. My brother’s funeral is today. Also mom needs your support too.

5. 35 anniebella
    August 8, 2013 at 10:23 am

The young man in that video ” Serve” is more of an American than those racists haters who do not want him to be in this country.

August 8, 2013 at 10:25 am

Thanks for including LOD’s Rewrite Chiparoo. Fantastic get!

I watched LOD last night and his show was great. He shot down Julia Ioffe’s pro-Putin nonsense where she tried to pretend Putin is powerless in Russia and has no power to send Snowden back to the United States. Oh really? He’s also powerless against the disgusting anti-gay law? Lawrence called her out and she went on Twitter to whine.

As though that wasn’t delightful enough….Lawrence read Limbaugh for filth. For FILTH. It was wonderful to watch. First Lady Michelle Obama does deserve credit for the reduced obesity rates in the country. Let’s Move has contributed positively to helping people make serious life changes. Go FLOTUS!

• August 8, 2013 at 10:33 am

Morning UT! I saw your tweet praising the Rewrite piece so looked it up – one of Lawrence’s finest efforts! Thank you.

• 38 pickle48
      August 8, 2013 at 10:42 am

I was astounded at that woman’s naïveté on LOD!! Surely she can’t believe that nonsense she was spouting! The man (Putin) is a virtual dictator. Opposition is destroyed. So many have left Russia because they know their lives are in danger And now he’s playing to the extreme conservatives with his crackdown on gays and lesbians. Lawrence looked incredulous and he would not allow her to get away her ridiculous claims .

August 8, 2013 at 11:20 am

Indeed, she wrote an article complaining about Lawrence – trying to play victim as though Lawrence was being so nasty to poor poor Julia. Meanwhile, in the same complaining article, she managed to get in a dig that the “Obama administration completely fucked this up” as if Obama or his administration were the ones who caused that punk Snowden to a job at Booz Allen and break the law in the first place.

August 8, 2013 at 11:35 am

I saw that woman Julia, and I was wondering were the heck did Lawrence did her up from? She sitting up there acting as if Putin was this little sweet heart who wasn’t in control of anything, but yet she found a way to blame POTUS for everything. I was glad Lawrence didn’t put up with her B.S.

• 42 cos
          August 8, 2013 at 12:01 pm

So did I. I was shocked when she said Putin did not have that much power. I was very impressed with Lawrence;s pushback last night.

7. August 8, 2013 at 10:26 am

The first picture I find still the most powerful Pete Souza ever made.

8. 44 LDS
    August 8, 2013 at 10:36 am

Good morning TODers,
    Congratz Almablanca!
    Ms. Chips, good morning! Thank you the picture of the little girl and her family for Make A Wish. She is so cute and overwhelmed. What a day for her. I am so lad that our President was able to make it happen.

Carol, may the peace of God be with you and your family today. I pray that your love for each other strengthen and keep you I perfect peace.

9. 45 LDS
    August 8, 2013 at 10:39 am

Sorry……”keep you in perfect peace.”

August 8, 2013 at 10:40 am
    August 8, 2013 at 10:50 am

Yet another suicide bomber kills 30 in pakistan. It’s becoming the most unsafe country in the world and for the world.

August 8, 2013 at 10:51 am

punk murdoch messing with aussie election. Yet again. The vilest bastid in the world along with darth and the neocons.

August 8, 2013 at 10:58 am

Two days in a row seeing those glorious photos of how the Marines welcomed our President! Marines of all ages and stripes! Yes!!!!!!

(Okay, calming down now … )

August 8, 2013 at 11:01 am

I am ready to convert now. :)

15. 70 JER
    August 8, 2013 at 11:12 am
    August 8, 2013 at 11:13 am
  17. 74 JER
    August 8, 2013 at 11:14 am
    August 8, 2013 at 11:18 am
    August 8, 2013 at 11:21 am

I’m not from NYC, but this is one good idea.

August 8, 2013 at 11:36 am

Disgusting scumbags. I read John Lewis’s comments yesterday and in no way did he praise Snowden or pat him on the back for his actions. I’m glad he put out a statement to clear this up. Jerk move by The Guardian.

Link to the statement.

• 85 donna dem 4 obama
      August 8, 2013 at 11:43 am

Ha! Great Minds…I just posted it as well.

It’s just unbelievable the way they mischaracterized (lied about) his comments.

• August 8, 2013 at 12:14 pm

Unfortunately it’s not Donna. :( These rags want to “use” black people and other people of color with stature to push Eddie Haskell Snownden. :(

• 87 amk for obama
      August 8, 2013 at 11:49 am
        August 8, 2013 at 11:52 am

Hmmm…I wonder if Rep Lewis read Bobfr’s tweet last night….

• August 8, 2013 at 12:06 pm

HF2,

This despicable distortion is emblematic of how our MSM behaves, with the dimwitted emoprog Chris Hayes the first to jump on the #Snowdenwald bandwagon (stolen from last night’s thread).

Remember how all the major media couldn’t tweet fast enough the LIE that Harry Reid said Hillary would be a better President than Obama? CNN, ABC, TPM, PoliticalWire, etc. couldn’t be bothered to skim the TEXT of that Hill article which contradicted their lying headline.

I wonder what Hayes has to say about this now? (I received no response from him or any of his supporters.)

• 90 ericfive
            August 8, 2013 at 12:20 pm

Propaganda, rumors and lies are all we can expect from the MSM. They will run with any story that can be twisted or shaped into having an anti-PBO angle.

August 8, 2013 at 12:32 pm

Indeed Arapaho – I checked his TL, and nary a peep from him about the congressman’s retraction. In fact even before the congressman put out the clarifying statement, I’m sure he must have read your tweet, along with mine, Bobfr’s and others, but did not see it fit to respond because he know he and the Guardian were not being honest.

• August 8, 2013 at 12:54 pm

Chris Hayes is on vaca this week. Do you think he’s tweeting this himself? He needs to get his life priorities straight. Family first, not fast Eddie.

• 93 nathkatun7
          August 8, 2013 at 5:34 pm

Thanks, Hopefruit for always insisting that we not easily accept what’s being reported by the Obama hating media. You certainly were spot-on in insisting that a close read of the article (I’ve not read it) showed that the Guardian distorted what Rep. John Lewis said.

• 94 57andfemale
      August 8, 2013 at 12:19 pm

The Guardian is perhaps the best example of the downfall of journalism in the 21st century. It’s unconscionable.

• 95 nathkatun7
      August 8, 2013 at 5:30 pm

Thanks UT, for sharing this. I also thank Hopefruit who, after she read the article, told us last night that the Guardian distorted what Congressman John Lewis said. I also thank Bobfr who twitted the Congressman respectfully asking him to clarify what he said. It’s plainly obvious to me that most of the MSM are on a mission undermine and destroy President Obama. To accomplish their mission, they will lie, exaggerate and distort their so called news. I am grateful that Congressman John Lewis confirmed our faith and respect for him.

21. 96 carolyn
    August 8, 2013 at 11:39 am

The top picture ALWAYS tugs at my heart and brings tears to my eyes, no matter how many times I see it. Frankly, old as I am, I think my own reaction to personally meeting President Obama would be similar.

By the way, LOD’s rewrite about Michelle Obama and limbaugh last night was masterful. He actually called rush “morbidly obese” which is the medical definition of rush’s condition.

• August 8, 2013 at 12:10 pm

Loved his rewrite.

Hard-hitting, yet poignant at the same time… the final frame, asking what he might look like now if he had heeded advice similar to Michelle Obama’s as a child.

I don’t know that I agree with @Lawrence on that point, though. Limbaugh grew up in the 1950s Midwest, when kids ran free all summer until dark. The childhood obesity problem as we now know it didn’t exist then.

22. 99 donna dem 4 obama
    August 8, 2013 at 11:40 am

Congressman Lewis backs off comparison of Edward Snowden to Gandhi

“I never praised Mr. Snowden or said his actions rise to those of Mohandas Gandhi or other civil rights leaders. In fact, The Guardian itself agreed to retract the word “praise” from its headline.

“At the end of an interview about the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington, I was asked what I thought about Mr. Snowden’s actions. I said he has a right as an individual to act according to the dictates of his conscience, but he must be prepared to pay the price for taking that action. In the movement, we were arrested, we went to jail, we were prepared to pay the price, even lose our lives if necessary. I cannot say and I did not say that what Mr. Snowden did is right. Others will be the judge of that.”

• August 8, 2013 at 12:13 pm

Great find Donna – oh boy, to think The Guardian was once a respectable newspaper.

• August 8, 2013 at 1:22 pm

I’ve gotten so mistrustful of all newspapers and media outlets that I only read what you post on TOD. I may come across others, but I don’t like even retweeting them unless its super important news and then I’m still skeptical. So glad I found TOD. Boy was I ignorant even though I knew enough to support Pres Obama starting in 2004. Something’s are just women’s intuition.

• 102 arkluvspbo
          August 8, 2013 at 3:35 pm

CarolMaeWY, you took the words right out of my mouth (or fingertips). Chipsticks has no quota to fill, she does this for the love of our president and the love of our country. She works her booty off and so do the other blog tyrants here at TOD.

• 104 nathkatun7
          August 8, 2013 at 5:41 pm

“I’ve gotten so mistrustful of all newspapers and media outlets.”

I share your mistrust, CarolMae! By the way thanks for the shout-out of the great Ella Baker. I posted my thanks to you about 2 A.M., CA time. So I am sure you never got a chance to read it.

• August 8, 2013 at 5:59 pm

Yes I did this morning. I replied, but you might not have seen. Credit goes to Yardarm. He even mention it was for you. I just clicked the link and copied and posted a pic. I’m looking for her story, FUNDI. Might have found something. I love posting something meaningful to someone.

• 106 Cha
      August 8, 2013 at 3:35 pm

OMGOODNESS, Donna! This is what i went to bed wishing for last night.. and knew if it had happened I would find it on TOD!

Mahalo Mahalo Mahalo!

23. 107 Don
    August 8, 2013 at 11:51 am

Why would Congressman Lewis even put himself in a position that his words needed to be clarified? I swear I just don’t get it, what is so hard about having President Obama’s back? When Clinton was President you never heard a peep out of these so called black leaders, but now every one of them has a freaking bullhorn and use it frequently and proudly.

August 8, 2013 at 11:55 am

All the blame belongs to the Guardian’s unethical reporting. The congressman’s words were as clear as day from the get-go. I only read the article once, and I immediately spotted the Guardian’s playing fast and loose games with what Rep Lewis actually said and what he was referring to.

I don’t know whether you read the discussion some of us had on TOD last night around 9PM. I am posting the link so you can see what we said. Bobfr then tweeted the congressman, asking him to clarify further what he meant since his words were being distorted by the Guardian.

• 109 ericfive
        August 8, 2013 at 12:15 pm

I agree with HF. The blame lies clearly with the Guardian. The need for the pro-Snowden crowd to lie and misrepresent facts clearly shows that they know they are losing the argument. That stupid woman on LOD talking about how powerless Putin is in Russia is a great example of this. These far left emoprogs get more and more like the Tea Partiers everyday. I bet they are both financed by the same sources.

• 110 amk for obama
      August 8, 2013 at 12:07 pm

afaik, Rep Lewis has always had PBO’s back. This was just malfeasance from the guardian.

• August 8, 2013 at 12:15 pm

See my response to Chris Hayes yesterday, above in response to one of HF2’s comments.

August 8, 2013 at 12:05 pm
  25. August 8, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Even in the red-neck region of California, our thieves are NOT misogynists. LOL. via @JeffersonObama’s Twitter timeline.

26. 120 Nena20409
    August 8, 2013 at 12:24 pm

GA TODers.

My Face has once again back to normal with a ;) , a :) . and a hearty :roll: once more. Thanks rep Lewis from GA.

Like those who try harder to tell tales…..The truth is alway indisputable. Thanks Bobfr for you tireless tweets. Now rep John Lewis confirms his comments. GG, CHayes, etc…..They Lied. They are still lying.

27. 122 donna dem 4 obama
    August 8, 2013 at 12:24 pm

I just got retweeted by Jeremy Bird. I feel so special :cool:

August 8, 2013 at 12:27 pm

Gunnite folks.

29. 126 57andfemale
    August 8, 2013 at 12:28 pm
  30. 127 yardarm756
    August 8, 2013 at 12:28 pm

And the beat goes on.

• 128 theo67
      August 8, 2013 at 1:38 pm

I have to wonder what goes through the mind of a depraved person who would go out of his way to act so hatefully. These racists are terrible.

• 129 yardarm756
        August 8, 2013 at 2:26 pm

It wasn’t that long ago when folks were lynched or shot.

• 130 nathkatun7
          August 8, 2013 at 5:57 pm

Thanks for pointing this out, yardarm! Some of us oldies remember all these things when we were young. By the way, thanks for the link to those gorgeous and historical pics of “Black beauty.” I posted my thanks to you in the ungodly hours of the morning when I am sure you were in deep sleep.

31. 132 Nena20409
    August 8, 2013 at 12:30 pm

On this date in 1974, Aug 8th, Richard M. Nixon penned his resignation from the Office of the Presidency. He left office 39 yrs ago 8-9-74. Ironically, Nixon was the last GOP POTUS who tried to govern as paranoid and as with criminally intent as he was.

32. 144 Don
    August 8, 2013 at 12:33 pm

Why would Congressman Lewis even mention what he and others endured in the 60’s, to what Snowden is going through now? Snowden is nothing more than an ungrateful privileged rooty-poot.

August 8, 2013 at 12:51 pm

Rep Lewis was diplomatically saying that Civil Rights heroes are willing to face the consequences of their actions – even if it means spending the rest of their lives in jail. Something that Snowden has NOT been willing to do. He was actually contrasting the cowardly Snowden with the courageous civil rights heroes.

It’s the Guardian who twisted his words to make it seem as though he was likening Snowden to MLK, etc. Anyone who read the quotes from Rep Lewis could see this was not true.

• 146 nathkatun7
      August 8, 2013 at 6:09 pm

I think he was being interviewed for his reflections about the 50th anniversary of the 1963 March on Washington. The interviewer cleverly snack in a question about Snowden, and the Congressman answered in the abstract.

33. 147 Nena20409
    August 8, 2013 at 12:35 pm

Today our Journalists……have opinions, then they Google looking for any link no matter how wrong, distorted, flimsy,…..in search to confirm their thoughts and beliefs.

Yesteryear…..those Journalist careless of their facts were ruined. Today, they are rewarded for Notoriety is alluring, profitable and drives Click visits. How shameful indeed.

• 148 57andfemale
      August 8, 2013 at 12:50 pm
      • 149 57andfemale
        August 8, 2013 at 12:51 pm

Corrected typo:

• 150 Nena20409
        August 8, 2013 at 12:54 pm

How sweet, kind and wonderful of you, 57andfemale to tweet my comments. Thank you so very much. I am so appreciative. Thanks.

• 151 57andfemale
          August 8, 2013 at 12:55 pm

Sorry I had to abbreviate a little to get your insightful comments into a couple of tweets.I hope I kept the essence. Words that needed to be shared.

• 153 nathkatun7
      August 8, 2013 at 6:10 pm

Well said!

August 8, 2013 at 12:38 pm

I accidentally watched Alex Wagner and appreciated parts of it …

35. 176 57andfemale
    August 8, 2013 at 12:54 pm
  36. 177 Jovie
    August 8, 2013 at 12:56 pm

What a question?

• 178 Nena20409
      August 8, 2013 at 1:00 pm

To Give POTUS and FLOTUS are just not done these days……ON TV yesterday…….on presented said: Michelle Obama is tweeting that she should get credit for the positive change. Excuse me? They would not even straight forwardly report a simple fact, correctly.

37. 179 Ladyhawke
    August 8, 2013 at 12:59 pm

Press Secretary Jay Carney is at the podium …….

38. 182 yardarm756
    August 8, 2013 at 1:00 pm

I’m waiting for the next thread before I post another one of my inbox goodies.

August 8, 2013 at 1:06 pm
  40. August 8, 2013 at 1:18 pm

New post in 14ish minutes

41. 186 Nena20409
    August 8, 2013 at 1:27 pm

Ed Henry and now Benghazi. It was the Forte Hood. Then before that it was Snowden……why call on Fox? I wish Jay Carney would say: From now on, No more calling on Fox. They don’t even cover pres Obama when he is speaking to the Troops.

August 8, 2013 at 1:27 pm

The headline doesn’t tell the full story, but I find this so very humorous:

43. August 8, 2013 at 1:41 pm

I’m going to share a gem that I think I lifted from Dudette last night. If someone else deserves credit , please speak up.

• 189 arkluvspbo
      August 8, 2013 at 4:33 pm

WE are the enlightened ones…WE are the ones we have been waiting for ;). I will follow a true genius, because I know he knows the way.