Aug

Heads Up: President Obama at the University of Buffalo

11:05 ET: President Obama delivers remarks at the University of Buffalo

Also at:

White House Live * C-Span * CBS (Ustream) * WGRZ

FACT SHEET on the President’s Plan to Make College More Affordable: A Better Bargain for the Middle Class – see here

President Obama greets New York Governor Andrew Cuomo upon his arrival in Buffalo

Later:

5:55 ET: President Obama delivers remarks at Henninger High School, Syracuse

86 Responses to “Heads Up: President Obama at the University of Buffalo”

August 22, 2013 at 10:51 am

Hello.

2. 5 MightyPamela
    August 22, 2013 at 10:51 am

Ja!

August 22, 2013 at 10:52 am

4. 8 sherijr
    August 22, 2013 at 10:52 am

Hola and happy Wednesday TOD… I think the dates are wrong on that little insert.. today is the 22nd right?? Looking forward to President Obama’s speech :)

5. August 22, 2013 at 10:56 am

Streaming has started at CBS

6. August 22, 2013 at 11:04 am

7. 15 57andfemale
    August 22, 2013 at 11:05 am

I’m going to be looking into this in Illinois – health insurance cooperatives, which are a non-profit ‘option’ for health insurance. The one I know about so far in Illinois is this one:

These grants/loans were an important part of ACA, but they were an unfortunate casualty of Republican obstruction in the deal with Congress at the end of last year. Those groups that got in before these funds were cut off can offer health insurance cooperatives that operate as non-profits. It’s a system used in Oregon to great success.

As we get closer to October 1, we need to help each other to find the best insurance opportunities available.

August 22, 2013 at 11:13 am

Here comes the President (being introduced now)!

9. August 22, 2013 at 11:15 am

10. 21 HZ
    August 22, 2013 at 11:16 am

Good Morning my Chips and my beautiful TOD family. I hope and pray that all of my TOD family members will have a great day!!! Keep your feet moving FORWARD and your heart full of hope.

Here is our brilliant, loving and fine President of these United States, President Barack Obama. Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HZ

11. 27 Jovie
    August 22, 2013 at 11:17 am

But the counter programming will coincide with anything that the President ever says.
    For example: affordable education will be talked about for about 1 hour, then Wyden will leak some BS about the NSA and the media will freak out.
    You watch? A huge headline about the NSA is in its way later on today.
    It’s the Method of operation.
    (If not the NSA then egypt or something)
    The MSM has gone bonkers!
    How does any president cut through the 24 hour news cycle?
    And again, this is a President that is for the People and yet he has a 45% approval rating?
    So, will that go up or down during the debt ceiling debacle this fall?
    #stupidamericans

• 28 jackiegrumbacher
      August 22, 2013 at 12:17 pm

Jovie, the president will do this the way he does other major initiatives–with dogged persistence. He will let the American people know directly through social media. He will call on volunteers to get out the word through OFA. He will talk about it in televised speeches. And most of all he will go about doing everything possible through the Executive branch to get his initiative underway. Meanwhile, we all have to work to get people out to vote and change this Congress.

August 22, 2013 at 11:17 am

OH MY!!! What a reception… Buffalo LOVES its President!!!!!

13. 42 Layla
    August 22, 2013 at 11:18 am

Mat alert!!!

14. 48 MightyPamela
    August 22, 2013 at 11:21 am

For the bus tour, thank you Mr. President, for caring about the American people. http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=PBO

August 22, 2013 at 11:22 am

Thank you for the link, MightyPamela!

• 50 HZ
        August 22, 2013 at 11:29 am

MightyPamela, morning dear one. I started one this morning during my prayers for VP Biden and AG Beau Biden. It is burning right in front of me as I watch our wonderful President.

(((((((((((( TY, for being so faithfaul, MightyPamela)))))))))))))HZ

• 51 MightyPamela
          August 22, 2013 at 4:00 pm

{{{{HZ}}}} Yes, ma’am, the votive I lit earlier for PBO is burning still, it it seems like a long life in this candle, as that was hours ago! I splurged and bought a new bag of votives last week, as I feel my Lightwork is a bit more effective when I have real light to use. I like the cute little virtual candles tho, and I like to see so many on one page, in the collective effort to share the Light! Much love back to you, Cherished HZ!

• 52 MightyPamela
        August 22, 2013 at 4:03 pm

You are most welcome, JO’B! I have to say I love it when predictive text turns the word ‘job’ into JO’B, every time I type it!! I don’t even get exasperated when it happens, as it brings your oersona right into my eyes!! I just chuckle!! :)

15. 54 Jovie
    August 22, 2013 at 11:27 am

See? The president is addressing the craziness in the beltway right now.
    Explaining to Americans he’s for them.
    Basically, wake up! :)

August 22, 2013 at 11:29 am

It’s this thunderous ovation that drives certain media folks out of their minds.

• 60 HZ
      August 22, 2013 at 11:35 am

And hopefruit2, I love the crowd. The beautiful mix of all ages, and from all walks of like. The fabric of what America really should look like.

August 22, 2013 at 11:36 am

18. August 22, 2013 at 11:53 am

19. 68 yardarm756
    August 22, 2013 at 12:04 pm

Well it didn’t take long for the doubters and h8er to emerge, eh MHP?

20. 69 dotster3
    August 22, 2013 at 12:05 pm

21. August 22, 2013 at 12:05 pm

BRAVO, Mr. President! Brilliant ideas, so very much needed today. This will be another great legacy. BRAVO!!

August 22, 2013 at 12:05 pm

1. Baby Whisperer!!

2. Pete Souza’s the hardest-working presidential photographer ehvah. Just noticed when he clicks his camera on a shot, his eyes blink like HE’s the lens. Love his dedication to his “subject,” Pres. Barack Obama!

23. August 22, 2013 at 12:06 pm

24. August 22, 2013 at 12:07 pm

25. 79 japa21
    August 22, 2013 at 12:10 pm

August 22, 2013 at 12:16 pm

Ghastly to absentmindedly leave C-Span2 TV on, after the President’s remarks, and then to look up and see “real” political pundits and other nameless, faceless people, and their ghastly looks, speaking about something or other. Eek. I’d rather be fishing for catfish, and I really don’t want to do that!

August 22, 2013 at 12:17 pm