Sep

Friends Reunited

“Damnski – he’s even taller than I remember.”

Russia’s President Vladimir Putin ‘welcomes’ President Barack Obama before the first working session of the G20 Summit in Constantine Palace in Strelna near St. Petersburg

123 Responses to “Friends Reunited”

September 5, 2013 at 10:49 am

I’m here!! Just been reading all the goodies that UT and TOD’ers left this morning! Frank Schaffer’s piece was brilliant! Something all of us have known all along, but good to see that we’re not alone in understanding this. About damn time!

Morning, Dudette! You’re up early….yes, I DO know all about how some people give the gifts to others that they really want! I have first hand experience with that very affliction. It’s what happens when you get a new big ass TV right before the Super Bowl:) My husband was SOOOOO concerned that “I” had just a little one to watch:) ( How I knew it was really for him? I hardly ever WATCH TV!)

Did I miss a big posting of the fact that dental coverage will be included in people’s healthcare?? I think that we should post that info BOLDLY! It’s awesome news and very unexpected…I think others will share that info widely….

Have to tutor today, but I have 4 glorious days off to spend with this family…..More ice cream please!! One other question…and this is a biggie… WHERE’S AMK?????

1st???

• 2 Dudette
      September 5, 2013 at 10:52 am

No fair!!! You distracted me this same post on the previous thread! I call “FOUL”! :-)

• 5 taiping1
      September 5, 2013 at 11:04 am

Dental care is only included for children.

September 5, 2013 at 11:08 am

Not sure, but I think it’s included for adults at an additional premium, which is still a leg up, since some plans don’t include it at all.

September 5, 2013 at 11:10 am

That’s not the way I read this. https://www.healthcare.gov/can-i-get-dental-coverage-in-the-marketplace/

In the Health Insurance Marketplace, you generally can get dental coverage as part of a health plan or by itself through a separate, stand-alone dental plan.

Adult and child dental insurance in the Marketplace
        Under the health care law, dental insurance is treated differently for adults and children 18 and under.

Dental coverage for children is an essential health benefit. This means it must be available to you either as part of a health plan or as a free-standing plan. This is not the case for adults. Insurers don’t have to offer adult dental coverage.

You don’t have to provide dental coverage for either adults or children.

Dental coverage is available two ways
        Health plans that include dental coverage. In the Marketplace, dental coverage will be included in some health plans. You’ll be able to see which plans include dental coverage when you compare them. You’ll also see what the dental benefits are. If a health plan includes dental coverage, you will pay one premium for everything. The premium shown for the plan includes both health and dental coverage.

Separate, stand-alone dental plans. In some cases separate, stand-alone plans will be offered. You may want to choose this option if the health coverage you plan to enroll in doesn’t include dental coverage, or if you want different dental coverage.

If you choose a separate dental plan, you’ll pay a separate, additional premium for the dental plan.

September 5, 2013 at 11:27 am

I just got off a live chat with someone from Healthcare.gov…..certain plans WILL cover adults as well as children and there will be one premium for the whole thing. If your plan doesn’t cover dental, you can opt to purchase separate dental insurance, but there is no requirement to do so. AWESOME NEWS!

2. 10 Dudette
    September 5, 2013 at 10:50 am

Sneaky thing you!

September 5, 2013 at 10:52 am

This G20 Summit should be called “Watch the Facial Expressions and Body Language Summit” Just the imposing size difference of PBO ans Putin makes me smile….shallow of me, I know….it can’t be helped.

4. 32 Dudette
    September 5, 2013 at 10:53 am

Golly, My President is PHOINE!!! That is all!

September 5, 2013 at 10:54 am

Amen, sister!

• 34 MightyPamela
      September 5, 2013 at 11:57 am

But he’s not just another pretty face, UhUh!! From any angle, the camera loves him!! (sheepish grin) :oops: And on that note, good morning all, beautiful thunder and lightning storm here this morning, everything is getting wet today! And that is the gift of a new moon! Full moon on the 19th will be a Harvest Moon, but more on that later… Back to Russia now! Work to be done.

5. 35 57andfemale
    September 5, 2013 at 10:55 am

Minor rant: I should not need to sign in to TOD, then close it out and re-open TOD in a new window in order to post a comment.

6. 42 Dudette
    September 5, 2013 at 10:56 am

I totally missed this yesterday

September 5, 2013 at 10:56 am

Oh, Chips, “historic death stare” – I shall laugh all day!

8. 51 Layla
    September 5, 2013 at 10:58 am

Ha! In the last pic it looks like PBO just dropped the mic and walked away!!! I just looooove PBO!!!!

9. 59 Nena20409
    September 5, 2013 at 11:00 am

Sweden Gave POTUS a Red carpet.

Russia known for Red Curtain gave POTUS a White Carpet ceremonial arrival?

With the buffed injected faced Putin and Our beloved POTUS smiling with ease.

September 5, 2013 at 11:03 am

Putin looks like the little school boy caught with his hand in the teacher’s candy drawer. A little scared, which is hard to notice behind all the injections!

10. 61 japa21
    September 5, 2013 at 11:02 am

11. September 5, 2013 at 11:04 am

Great captions!!! Chips you are really bad & headed for a time-out!!!!

12. 66 HZ
    September 5, 2013 at 11:06 am

Good, Good Beautiful Morning, Chips, UT, and my wonderful TOD Family. It is a beautifully sunny and hot day here in Cali. Grateful to be alive and having a loving TOD family. ((((((( TY, Chips )))))))) and UT and all who help make this a beautiful haven.

I have lots of ice cream, DF. Wish I was a little closer; you would have me knocking on your door with a lovely bag full of your favorite today. Keep well, my dear beautiful one. HZ

I am happy to be in the presence of our great Maestro, Dudette. Thank you Dudette for your beautiful sharing of the great music for the TOD family. You and yardarm fill my heart so much with such great music.

Yes, I was asking about our Amk a few days ago. I hope all is fine. I thought I recall him saying that he was taking a trip. Anyway, I hope he is taking a quiet time to reflect, take care of business, and relax a bit. ((((((((( We miss you amk)))))))))))HZ

Everyone, please have a beautiful day. I will not rant today. I am so happy and grateful to see my President looking good. Already prayed for him, ask for forgiviness for myself, and re-directed my steps and heart for more goodness with gracefulness. I will be nice today, I promise. HZ

• 67 Layla
      September 5, 2013 at 11:09 am

Hello you beautiful angel!!! Have a blessed day!

• 68 HZ
        September 5, 2013 at 11:18 am

Hello to another beautiful angel in my ‘grateful book.’ Layla, you are so precious. You give my spirit a place to walk with thankfulness daily. TY, my lovely angel. May your day be filled with beautiful and loving moments to cherish. HZ

• 69 Dudette
      September 5, 2013 at 11:12 am

Aw HZ, you are full of such love and joy. Thank you, dear! Love you!!!

• 70 HZ
        September 5, 2013 at 11:23 am

You deserve it, Dudette. You lift my heart with the lovely music. Music is my second companion of my day. My prayerful meditations enjoys Music being in our life. TY, again, Dudette. In fact, I am listening to one of your favorites: Wintley Phipps. The hymns gives me much peacefulness and cause me to think of my precious grandmother and mother. Today is one of those special days. Heart is full.HZ

September 5, 2013 at 11:32 am

{{{{HZ}}}}}} Actually…I wish I was closer to you, too! You know what I think of AZ:) We could share ice cream ALL the time!! It would be fun!

• 75 HZ
        September 5, 2013 at 11:52 am

My beautiful DF, you know that would be so much fun, indeed. I would even make our favorites in the ice cream maker, and that way we could put in a little of our favorites for each of our TOD family members. We know what yardarm likes; vc, J’O; jojo; Tally, meta, Laya, UT, amk, LL, Donna; jacquelineoboomer; Lisa; Africa; Carol; nath; GGail; Miss Pat; Fred; tnmtngirl; Judith; Alycee; collegekay; japa; and all of our TOD family. That would be a great ‘TOD Ice Creamers” having fun. Some of who cannot tolerate diary, we would have a maker for sorbet and other tasty goodies. Oh, what a day!!!!

I hope, one day that I can meet some of my TOD family members. I am still praying for that one. ((( Be cool, my dear precious DF))) HZ

• 76 0388jojothecat
          September 5, 2013 at 2:13 pm

My dear sweet HZ what a lovely thought for all of the TOD’er could meet one day. I have met our lovely Tally and hope to see her again at her EAP event at the Huntington soon. I am in the SoCals SGV probably not too far from you. Yes it’s going to be a hot one all week for us then I think it cools off. Have a lovely day and stay cool.

((((Hugs))))

• 77 HZ
            September 5, 2013 at 7:14 pm

Hi jojo, I am counting on it one day. I think when POB’s second term if complete, those of us who would like to have a gathering maybe would enjoy making it our coming out with our wonderful POTUS.

Tally was so generous and sweet and did extend an invitation to me personally for one of her events at the Huntington , but I was not able to attend. However, I believe those of us who are in nearby areas will meet up one of these days. I know we will have a jamming time when we are all together. I am looking forward to it. Put it in our “lovely bucket of life’s enjoyments for TODers”. Of course we will keep our plans private in contacts. We know how to tend to those details. We do know the most powerful man on the planet, of course, no problem.HZ

13. 78 57andfemale
    September 5, 2013 at 11:06 am

This country has gone effing mad:

September 5, 2013 at 11:10 am

Those pictures are cracking me up. Pres. Obama knows how to play the diplomacy game well. He has a smile on his face, looks comfortable, and confident.

Putin is the ‘what would you do for a klondike bar?’ commercial come to life. His demeanor practically screams uncomfortable.

15. 92 57andfemale
    September 5, 2013 at 11:11 am

Ha!

September 5, 2013 at 11:12 am

Maybe President Obama will make a citizen’s arrest of Snowblower while he’s there, and strap him into his seat on AF1 for the ride back to federal prison.

September 5, 2013 at 11:15 am

18. 101 57andfemale
    September 5, 2013 at 11:16 am

19. 102 Dakota
    September 5, 2013 at 11:18 am

Good Morning TOD Family! Love that “death stare” caption! Death stare or not, my President is a gorgeous man!

Special GM to my Dudette!

20. 103 cookemom
    September 5, 2013 at 11:25 am

I posted this on the last thread, then refreshed to find 43 comments already posted on this thread. I think it must be the change back and forth between mountain and central time zones at least 3 times in the past two weeks.

“Well howdy doody all you O’s!!!! It’s another great getting up day in TODville!!! I’ve been so disconnected during my last trip for #1 and her #1 birthdays that I missed Chips 21 millionth click. Congrats chica for a job well done. Can’t wait to share the next 21 million clicks with the TOD fam.”

September 5, 2013 at 11:27 am

Here’s a morning lovely:

22. September 5, 2013 at 11:38 am

This G-20 with Putin hosting is incredibly timely. I love how the loving forces of the Universe roll out the white carpet for our calm, strong Negotiator-In-Chief! Loved the pictures and titles. This is great!!!! PBO will get some work done with Putin.

Found something I loved about Kerry’s testimony on Syria. They have video. What the heck is it with GOP and their dehydration issues? Paul Ryan during VP debate, Rubio’s famous sneaky water bottle and now Rand Paul. That’t not the point of the article, but it’s really obvious. Kerry really put him in his place and didn’t take any prisoners. I LOVED that Kerry pointed out he and McCain had fought in wars, didn’t want another one and that’s not what Pres. Obama is proposing. Really kicked his butt.

Can’t Stand Rand Paul? Then Watch John Kerry Absolutely Embarrass Him Over Syria

• 113 HZ
      September 5, 2013 at 12:02 pm

” I love how the loving forces of the Universe”, ThisMagicalEarth, that brought loving tears rolling down my face with such a grateful attitude for your powerful statement. ((( TY, so much)))HZ

I also believe that POB will get some great work down. He is focused on doing just that. And as you stated so powerfully, I ask the “loving forces of the Universe to roll out the white carpet for our calm, strong Negotiator-In-Chief!” (((TY, TY, TY.)))HZ

• 114 Linda
      September 5, 2013 at 12:03 pm

OMG,,, they laughed in his face at the end……

• 115 Sandy1110
      September 5, 2013 at 3:53 pm

I think there’s supposed to be a (for real) connection between lying and having a dry mouth.

September 5, 2013 at 11:42 am

This is for you, Dudette:) http://thinkprogress.org/alyssa/2013/09/04/2571711/janelle-monae-electric-lady/

Four Reasons To Listen To Janelle Monáe’s New Album, ‘The Electric Lady,’ Immediately

24. September 5, 2013 at 11:47 am

DF,

If you’re still here, AMK checked in a day or two ago, saying he had pretty much non-existent wifi in SA (South Africa?).

So he’s still thinking about us!

What’s the local scoop on this story? Is it a big deal?

September 5, 2013 at 11:56 am

Oh. Did they show a picture of these meth head losers? Freaking hell. Doomsday/ sovereign citizens idiots…. But hey! Guns are for people, my friend! Total fucking nutbags. Hope they stay in jail for a long time.

September 5, 2013 at 11:52 am

September 5, 2013 at 11:52 am

CNN Money totally useless and disingenuous piece on why you might be better off buying off the healthcare exchanges….what a joke this was

Obamacare exchanges aren’t the only game in town

Her Twitter address is beside her name…..someone should help her out