Sep

News Of The Day

*****

Jim Camp: Obama’s Magnificent Stealth Negotiation With Putin

The September 6 discussion between Obama and Putin, reported to have lasted 20 minutes, happened during the G-20 summit, which addressed the use of poison gas by the regime of Syria’s Bashar-al-Assad on August 21, which was in violation of the 1997 international agreement prohibiting the use of chemical weapons. I can’t help but wonder what really went on in those 20 minutes when Obama spoke with Putin. I have my ideas, though.

The smart negotiator, in order to secure his objective, needs to make the other side envision what’s in it for him, if he gives the other side what it wants. Obama is keen on avoiding military intervention in the Middle East, and he also wants Syria to honor the international law against chemical weapons. The more international support Obama gets in favor of making Syria give up its chemical weapons of mass destruction to ward off military strikes, the better for everyone. And, as a nation with its own military might, Russia’s Putin is an important guy to be part of Obama’s support network.

Everyone wants to be the hero, and I’m pretty sure, in those 20 minutes, Obama planted the seeds and painted  a vision in Putin’s mind that the Russian leader could be exactly that. You can’t deny the timing of Putin’s announcement, so soon after he conversed with Obama. If there’s one thing for negotiators can learn from the attempts at Syria-related diplomacy over the past few days – and Putin’s involvement in it – it’s this. Great negotiators never take credit. It’s always the other side’s idea. And I suspect there was quite a bit of that going on during those 20 minutes.

More here

Bob Cesca: Greenwald Promotes Oath Keepers On 9/11 For Running Pro-Snowden Ads

Either Greenwald isn’t aware of who the Oath Keepers are, or he is and approves of their message. To barely scratch the surface, the Oath Keepers are a right wing, libertarian militia that believes wild conspiracies about the president, the U.N., gun control, and FEMA concentration camps. It’s not a surprise that they are prepared to turn Snowden into a hero, and I suppose it shouldn’t be a surprise that Greenwald will promote them for doing so. What is surprising, or at least revealing, is that he did so today.

Since Greenwald chose to promote the Oath Keepers for running pro-Snowden ads on today of all days, even though the story he linked to was published in July, I should point out that the Oath Keepers are also 9/11 truthers. The founder of the Oath Keepers, Stewart Rhodes, is a former aide to Ron Paul and has made numerous appearances at Ron Paul’s website and Alex Jones’ InfoWars.

Not coincidentally, the Oath Keepers were founded in March of 2009 shortly after President Obama took office.

More here

Hayes Brown: Benghazi Conspiracy Rally On Capitol Hill Attracts Dozens Of People

The first anniversary of the Benghazi tragedy was supposed to be the time for conservatives around the country to descend on the Capitol by the thousands, demanding that Congress reveal the truth. Less than one hundred bothered to show up. According to organizers, as many as 5,000 people were expected to show up on the Hill and make their voices heard.

At the 12:30 PM start time for the rally, though, there wasn’t very much rallying going on. Instead, there were only a handful of people gathered near the open lawn that was meant to be barely containing thousands of supporters. Many of them were hiding from the ninety-five degree weather in the shade, jostling to have their picture taken with former Rep. Alan West (R-FL) who was there for an earlier event. Several of those milling about lamented that technical difficulties had prevented the organizers from setting up their audio equipment until the time when the protest was supposed to begin. Even among those near the rallying point, not everyone present was even there for the rally itself.

More here

119 Responses to “News Of The Day”

1. 1 vitaminlover
    September 11, 2013 at 8:35 pm

My President is always news.

• September 11, 2013 at 8:37 pm

Congrats on 1st VL!!!

Thank you UT for another fine thread!!!

Just posted this at the bottom (my typical position) of the previous thread :)

#TrustBarack

• 3 vitaminlover
        September 11, 2013 at 8:39 pm

Thank you, Bobfr.

• 4 utaustinliberal
        September 11, 2013 at 8:43 pm

Thanks Bob!

• 5 Ladyhawke
        September 11, 2013 at 9:02 pm

The Power of Explanation: Why’s Obama’s Speech on Syria Worked

By Spandan

—————————————

The president’s explanations – concise, reasoned, and truthful – speak volumes about a one-of-a-kind leader who truly trusts in an informed citizenry. But the fact that he had to book a prime time slot to do this speaks to how much the American media has been derelict in its duty to inform the public, the highest purpose of a free press. Not one of the explanations the president gave last night is new, but the majority of Americans were kept in the dark about them by the media’s eagerness to referee a mudfight rather than fulfill their role the arbiter of the facts.

With the press playing its usual game of political winners and losers and issue-dumbness, the White House has launched a portal to keep Americans informed about the administration’s response to Syria. Cut through the pontificating and keep up with it here, and the State Department’s Syria page here.

———————————————————

(Reposting this excellent item – posted by hopefruit2 down a couple of threads. A must read.)

• 6 MightyPamela
        September 11, 2013 at 9:11 pm

You were splendid there bobfr, I was still 2 threads back, thinking I was right in step with y’all! Hee! Quite a day out there, eh? :)

2. September 11, 2013 at 8:36 pm
  3. 10 japa21
    September 11, 2013 at 8:38 pm
  4. September 11, 2013 at 8:39 pm

For all of us stuck in front of a computer all day…….. a few healthy tips :)

• 13 vitaminlover
      September 11, 2013 at 8:46 pm

I know that I could do more in the ‘good posture’ department.

September 11, 2013 at 8:58 pm

This is definitely a message for me, LP! There are days I sit in the village for hours at a stretch, too caught up to even take a food break, and none of my seating arrangements are ergonomically correct. If I die young, I’m blaming the village attractions. Knowing me I’ll try to make some corrections over the next week or so, before falling back into my mad habits.

• September 11, 2013 at 9:05 pm

I believe you speak for the masses, VC! It’s like a diet…..you can loose 10 lbs. in a short period of time, but how long can you sustain? I figured this would be a good primer for us TODers, who wish to remain anonymous, yet fall into the ” If I die young……….blame the village” category :)

September 11, 2013 at 9:11 pm

i swear I never before believed I could become an addict, but…..

This is a good primer, TY. I’m going to try to get up at least once periodically (in each hour maybe) and lunge/stretch – starting tomorrow…or maybe Friday. ;)

5. September 11, 2013 at 8:39 pm

LoooooOOOOooooOOOooooOOOooooove ya UT, thank you, completeeeeeeeeely excellent – as usual!

September 11, 2013 at 8:40 pm

Woot, VL, you’re on a roll!

7. September 11, 2013 at 8:41 pm
    • September 11, 2013 at 9:04 pm

Had no idea what your tweet was referencing, but now that I do…

It’s cruel that “No Drama Obama” leaves victims in his wake, who tied themselves up as pretzels. Thinkin’ GOP civil war, MSM lockstep “It’s all Obama’s Fault,” MSM inability to see outside their White Privilege perspective (all the while patting themselves on their own backs for being “open-minded” about gays and non-whites). More on this below.

As Scott Brown would say, bqhatevwr.

September 11, 2013 at 8:46 pm

Love that pic of deBlasio and his wife. Bill is one tall glass of water. Hopefully they’ll be NYC’s first couple!! :) :)

9. September 11, 2013 at 8:48 pm

Vladimir Putin is straight trolling congress, and it’s appeasers. Voting *NO* means you are pro Assad/Putin…..plain and simple.

• 36 Ladyhawke
      September 11, 2013 at 9:06 pm

And what was the result of Russia’s intransigence and multiple UNSC vetoes for the last two years???

September 11, 2013 at 9:40 pm

Has anyone else read Putin’s Op-ed in its entirety? What’s your response?

• September 11, 2013 at 9:42 pm

Silver-lining ——> he is going to drive the RW bonkers b/c he doesn’t like President Obama’s invocation of American Exceptionalism……..

September 11, 2013 at 9:46 pm

A couple of the comments following the op-ed seem to like his point just fine. In fact quite a few of them thought Putin was very reasonable. Is NYT right or left wing? I always forget which paper is which.

• 40 99ts
            September 11, 2013 at 11:38 pm

NO paper in the world today is left wing – no idea why anyone thinks they are. A black guy was allowed to be in charge in South Africa – but not in the US, the land of the free – the US has white guys in charge.

Despite the world view of PBO being positive – the world media is all against him – all right – all irrelevant.

• 41 nathkatun7
      September 12, 2013 at 2:36 am

What an upside down world we are witnessing, in the good old U.S.A., under President Obama! Now a major U. S. Newspaper, which bills itself as the U.S. Newspaper of record, is giving the leading foreign adversary of the United States an Op-Ed column to challenge the President of the United States. May be I was not paying attention in the past, but I certainly don’t recall this happening during the presidency of any of the previous presidents before Obama — from JFK to George W. Bush — that I’ve consciously lived under since I was 18 years old. And it’s not just the the media that are going crazy over Putin. People, on both the left and the right, including members of Congress, are now all of a sudden in love with Vladimir Putin, the former Soviet KGB, who is now president of Russia. I wouldn’t be surprised if Mitt Romney, all of sudden, joined the choir singing the praises of Putin and Russia though he campaigned on the platform that Russia was the greatest strategic threat to the United States.

If all this love for Putin and the hatred of President Obama, which has strangely united the left and the right, is not about the President’s race, then some one needs to enlighten me what exactly it’s all about. Surely, It can’t be about any doubts that the Assad regime indiscriminately used chemical weapons that took the lives of innocent people, including hundreds of children. Surely It can’t be because the doves, who supposedly abhor war and violations of basic human rights, think that Assad should go unpunished for committing such heinous crimes. I also know for certain that it can’t be about the conversion of right wing hawks, who are now “bleeding hearts” conservatives who hate war and military strikes.

It seems to me that there are now many Americans, some very influential in the mainstream media and political power structures –both on the right and the left — who trust and respect Russia’s President, Vladimir Putin, more than they trust and respect the President of the United States, Barack Obama. My question is why? What exactly has President Obama done so egregiously, besides being black, to provoke such visceral contempt from the left, the right, and, especially, from the so called mainstream media?

Again, I may have missed it, but I don’t recall the New York Times publishing an Op-Ed from Vladimir Putin in response to George W. Bush’s openly stated plan to invade and occupy Iraq. Well, come to think of it, I don’t think the NYT invited an Op Ed from the President of our allies France and Germany, who were opposed to the invasion of Iraq. So why are Putin’s views now more important about Syria than his views were about Iraq? And why are the views of Russia adversary about Syria more important to Americans than were the views of America’s allies, France and Germany, about Iraq? I also don’t recall, the NYT publishing an Op-Ed, about what the Soviet Prime Minister, Nikolai Khrushchev, had to say to Americans about the 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis. Again, I ask: If this not about race, what’s the explanation for the mainstream media’s double standards when it comes to President Obama compared to the way they treated the previous 43 Presidents who were white?

10. 43 Anjo
    September 11, 2013 at 8:49 pm

BREAKING!! BREAKING….After 4 years of trying and much to the regret of hateful republicans and their enablers Barack Hussein Obama is still PRESIDENT and great one too….YAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAA…YAAAAAAAA Just thought I would remind everyone.. have a great rest of the week…back to lurking…oops, what time is the welcome party for Danny???? lots of notice please…..got to get my party clothes in order for this grand welcome occasion. lurking again

September 11, 2013 at 8:51 pm
  12. 49 MightyPamela
    September 11, 2013 at 8:51 pm

So. Here you are!! :oops:

13. 51 vitaminlover
    September 11, 2013 at 8:52 pm

Seeing the picture of the outlandish Benghazi rally was hilarious!

• 52 pkayden
      September 11, 2013 at 9:42 pm

Repubs are disgusting to even bring up Benghazi as a political rallying point. How many more people were slaughtered on 9/11/2001 because of Bush’s negligence?

14. 53 Dudette
    September 11, 2013 at 8:52 pm

Ooooof course I posted this at the end of the last thread. Where the heck else would I post it?

Oh, how about here? :-D

———–

Musical birthdays today

George Jones (country legend, aka Tammy Wynette’s husband)
    Maria Muldaur (Midnight At The Oasis)
    Barry White (Can’t Get Enough of Your Loves; You’re The First, The Last, My Everything)
    Colin Young of the Foundations (Build Me Up Buttercup, Baby Now That I’ve Found You)
    Gerry Beckley of America (A Horse With No Name)
    Brian Robertson of Thin Lizzy
    Pat Dinzio of The Smithereens
    Ben Folds
    Jennifer Nettles of Sugarland
    Jennifer Hudson… yes, that one

———–

Ripe pickin’s for Nightowl Music Feast… Fest… whatever!

• 54 Dudette
      September 11, 2013 at 9:05 pm

Urp! Those are Sept 12th birthdays. :roll:

I blame the stupid website I got this from. Must be on server somewhere in China. At least we’ve got tomorrow’s list queued up already..

Be right back with today’s list.

• 58 vitaminlover
      September 11, 2013 at 9:17 pm

Dudette, did you major in contemporary music or some kind of musical studies in college? ‘Cause I mean really you are so on point with this.

• 59 Dudette
        September 11, 2013 at 9:28 pm

Nah, just a music lover. Did take a semester of music appreciation in college though.

Dabbled at playing violin and organ in elem & middle school, then spoiled-brat that I am, quit both. I regret that deeply.
        Thinking of taking up the violin again… someday. Have a lovely one that a friend bought me years ago staring at me in my den, taunting me to dust it off and DO SOMETHING. I wasn’t half bad back in the day.

My young nephew is about to take up the clarinet in 6th grade. He has NO IDEA how bad Aunty will be on his tail bigtime if he tries to quit!
        :-D

• 60 vitaminlover
          September 11, 2013 at 9:37 pm

Wow- good for your nephew and for you remember it is never too late.

September 11, 2013 at 9:55 pm

A future well-known violinist, eh? Go for it! I’ll even contract to come and hear you at your debut performance at the Georgia Philharmonic IF you give enough advance notice.

Grade 6 was actually when my clarinetist offspring got introduced to the clarinet. I believe that was the only ‘choice’ he had by the time he got to choose his instrument in elementary school. I would have much preferred the saxophone because I like its sound better, but parents had no say (neither did he really). :grin:

• 62 Alycee (@jazziz2)
          September 11, 2013 at 10:00 pm

Stay on him, girl. Both of my kids played multiply instruments; if I bought the instrument, they had to take lessons and practice until they finished high school. When they wanted to quit I reminded them of (1) the agreement they signed and (2) that it was easier, more enjoyable, and more profitable to pick up a gig or play on the corner than it was to bust suds for minimum wage. My oldest tested that theory and thanked me…

• 64 pkayden
      September 11, 2013 at 9:44 pm

Love me some Barry White! Can’t get enough of your love, Baby.

15. September 11, 2013 at 8:55 pm

So, I’ve been out of pocket all day, and the first thing I read is MMFA’s Alex Jones story. Sweet Jeebus. So, there’s this:

16. 67 Dudette
    September 11, 2013 at 8:58 pm

Can you believe they played this over the intercom system at my middle school between classes when this came out?

… and yes, we kids LOVED IT! We had good taste in music! :cool:

• 68 Layla
      September 11, 2013 at 9:01 pm

Oh my!!! I used to love Barry White(still do) Great music for romance!!!!

• 71 Dudette
      September 11, 2013 at 9:05 pm

Sorry Sept 12 is his birthday. Jumped the gun a bit. But still good stuff! :-)

September 11, 2013 at 9:47 pm

Ha! When I started all-girls Catholic high school back in 1960, our new cafeteria was located under the new church. Somebody thought that was a good idea, but maybe not.

One afternoon, my freshman class was herded like cattle over to church to go to confession, as part of a retreat we were participating in, that week. While we sat quietly in church, waiting to go into the confessional to confess our teenage sins to the priest (like “putting ourselves in the occasion of sin” – don’t ask), we could hear the sounds of the Paul Anka song, “Puppy Love,” wafting up from the cafeteria sound system through the church floor (nobody could believe the nuns let us play rock ‘n’ roll songs during lunch).

You’re supposed to sit quietly and call your sins to mind before going to confession/reconciliation, but we were all laughin’ – hearing lyrics like: “Someone, help me, help me, help me please, Is the answer up above, How can I, how can I tell them, This is not a puppy love.”

• 73 Dudette
        September 11, 2013 at 10:57 pm

LOL! Nuns blushing all over the place. That must’ve been a HOOT! :-)

September 11, 2013 at 11:02 pm

The only high-school nun I ever saw blush was the one – probably in her 70s – who was talking “male-female reproduction” (s-e-x) to us in all-girl biology class. She couldn’t look up from her podium, and, again, we were all laughin’ and elbowing each other.

I’ve always said I first developed my sense of humor in that high school. You had to! It was the ’60s, the days of mini skirts and rock ‘n’ roll, and we were taught by ancient nuns. A hoot? Yep.

17. 75 JER
    September 11, 2013 at 9:11 pm
      September 11, 2013 at 10:01 pm

3000 Qurans! Now I wonder if he used offering money from his members (some of whom probably couldn’t even afford it) to buy those Qurans? He has got to me mentally ill – or plain and simply evil. I wonder if he is a trained pastor or a self-proclaimed one but am not interested enough to go look it up. Poor pathetic soul – who can still do much harm! Sigh.

18. 77 Dudette
    September 11, 2013 at 9:12 pm

Alright here’s today’s Musical Birthday List

September 11th: Born on this day

1940, Born on this day, Bernie Dwyer, Freddie and the Dreamers, (1963 UK No.3 single ‘You Were Made For Me’, 1965 US No.1 single ‘I’m Telling You Now’).
    1943, Born on this day, Mickey Hart, The Grateful Dead, (1970 UK No.69 and US No.127 album ‘Workingmans Dead’).
    1946, Born on this day, Dennis Tufano, The Buckinghams, (1967 US No.1 single ‘Kind Of A Drag).
    1947, Born on this day, Richard Jaeger, percussionist, Worked with Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Crosby Stills Nash & Young, The Pointer Sisters. He died on 27th August 2000.
    1948, Born on this day, John Martyn, (Iain David McGeachy), singer, songwriter, guitarist, who had the 1973 album ‘Solid Air’. Martyn died in hospital on 30th Jan 2009 in Ireland at the age of 60. The folk, blues and funk artist was widely regarded as one of the most soulful and innovative singer-songwriters of his generation and had been cited as an influence by artists as varied as U2, Portishead and Eric Clapton.
    1953, Born on this day, Tommy Shaw, guitar, Styx, (1979 US No.1 & 1980 UK No.6 single ‘Babe’).
    1957, Born on this day, Jon Moss, drums, Culture Club, (1983 UK No.1 & 1984 US No.1 single ‘Karma Chameleon’ plus seven other UK top 10 singles).
    1957, Born on this day, Jon Langford, guitar, vocals, The Mekons.
    1958, Born on this day, Mick Talbot, Keyboards, Style Council, (1983 UK No.3 single ‘Long Hot Summer’ plus 14 other UK Top 40 singles). Merton Parkers, (1979 UK No.40 single ‘You Need Wheels).
    1959, Born on this day, Rory Lyons, King Kurt, (1983 UK No.36 single ‘Destination Zululand’).
    1965, Born on this day, Moby, (Richard Hall), producer, vocalist, 1991 UK No.10 single ‘Go’. His album ‘Play’ was the biggest selling UK indie album of 2000, spending 81 weeks on the chart and going platinum in over 20 countries. Moby is a descendent of ‘Moby Dick’ author Herman Melville.
    1966, Born on this day, Gregory Kane, Hue and Cry, (1987 UK No.6 single ‘Labour Of Love’). 2000 UK No.1 album ‘Play’).
    1967, Born on this day, Harry Connick Jr, singer, actor, (1991 UK No.32 single ‘It Had To Be You, Recipe For Love’).
    1971, Born on this day, Richard Ashcroft, guitar, vocals, The Verve, (1997 UK No.1 single ‘The Drugs Don’t Work’, 1997 UK No.1 album Urban Hymns’ spent over 100 weeks on the UK chart). Solo, (2000 UK No.3 single ‘A Song For The Lovers’, 2000 UK No.1 album ‘Alone With Everybody’).
    1977, Born on this day, Jonny Buckland, guitarist with Coldplay who had the 2000 UK No.4 single ‘Yellow’ and the 2000 UK No.1 album Parachutes’ and the 2005 worldwide No.1 album ‘X&Y’.
    1977, Born on this day, Ludacris, (Chris Bridges), 2001 UK No.10 single with Missy Elliott, ‘One Minute Man’, 2002 US No.3 album ‘Word Of Mouf’.

19. 78 dotster3
    September 11, 2013 at 9:16 pm

Saw this posted on facebook—–The Great Schlep——Hineni (Here I Am)—-meaningful and—- featuring President Obama

• 79 Layla
      September 11, 2013 at 9:28 pm

I could listen to this President speak day in and day out! We should start every day with snippets from one of his speeches just as an inspiration, you know, to help us through the daily barrage of garbage!

• 80 Dudette
        September 11, 2013 at 9:34 pm

He’s really is so inspiring. But to be honest, his voice is such a drug to me, he could read the owners manual for my car and I’d be floating on a cloud. I WILL NOT tell you how many times I’ve listened to my audiobook of “Dreams From My Father.”.

20. 81 japa21
    September 11, 2013 at 9:17 pm
  21. 82 Dudette
    September 11, 2013 at 9:18 pm

David Plouffe is funny… I like this feller! :-D

22. 83 japa21
    September 11, 2013 at 9:19 pm
  23. September 11, 2013 at 9:27 pm

Tough to summarize in 140 characters, but I gave it a shot ….

24. September 11, 2013 at 9:28 pm

For those who follow Chips’ Twitter timeline, she and BWD have been raking Conor Friedersdorf over the coals for his continued support of the bigoted opportunist grifter Greenwald.

Before I saw the light and started lurking here, I used to visit The Atlantic’s bloggers frequently. Conor would appear here and there, and I swear, after every single post (can’t think of a single exception) I would think to myself, “This guy is an idiot, completely devoid of logical thinking skills. He needs to go for another career.” Well, years later, that hasn’t happened.

I believe that few people are idiots, that they have their own POVs, etc, but Conor is an idiot.

I’m prejudiced because he’s from Orange County, and I absolutely hate that place, can’t even stand to drive through it. He’s a product of privilege, and unable to muster up the self-awareness that not every person on earth has had his past experiences.

He’s always been a vile “I’ve got mine, jack” libertarian and is one of those unempathetic people unable to:

- observe from a different POV
    - believe that he or his white libertarian friends could *possibly* be bigoted (when in fact they are, since they lack empathy)
    - too lazy (or entitled, or both) to type in “Google” or “Wikipedia” into his computer (to look up Oath Keepers, to consider the timeline of the Snowdenwald saga, etc.
    - yet considers himself a journalist

Conor is an idiot, and I won’t mention his name again because he’s beyond redemption.

I sent a reply to one of BWD’s reponses to him regarding the White Supremacy Militia group that Greenwald has thrown his full support behind.

Sooner or later, the more empathetic and less dimwitted journalists will realize that when they throw their support to libertarians they are supporting White Supremacy made legitimate in a political party.

• 92 pkayden
      September 11, 2013 at 9:58 pm

Sorry to sound rude, but anyone who calls him or herself a libertarian is suspect in my book so I’m not surprised about Conor or Greenwald.

25. September 11, 2013 at 9:30 pm

Liked this photo of a Calfornia condor (had a college prof in the 1970s who insisted that this bird would become extinct).

26. September 11, 2013 at 9:33 pm

U.N. inspectors have collected a “wealth” of evidence on the use of nerve agents that points to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad using chemical weapons against his own people, according to a senior Western official.

The inspection team, which is expected on Monday to present U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki-moon with a highly anticipated report on a suspected Aug. 21 nerve agent attack in the suburbs of Damascus, will not directly accuse the Syrian regime of gassing his own people, according to three U.N.-based diplomats familiar with the investigation. But it will provide a strong circumstantial case — based on an examination of spent rocket casings, ammunition, and laboratory tests of soil, blood, and urine samples — that points strongly in the direction of Syrian government culpability.

“I know they have gotten very rich samples — biomedical and environmental — and they have interviewed victims, doctors and nurses,” said the Western official. “It seems they are very happy with the wealth of evidence they got.” The official, who declined to speak on the record because of the secrecy surrounding the U.N. investigation, could not identify the specific agents detected by the inspector team, but said, “You can conclude from the type of evidence the [identity of the] author.”

• 95 vitaminlover
      September 11, 2013 at 9:43 pm

Say! ASSaad! How would you like chemicals blown on you? You buzzard!

• 96 Dudette
      September 11, 2013 at 9:53 pm

I can’t bring myself to watch… I just can’t.

• September 11, 2013 at 9:57 pm

Avoid if possible, but the American public must see these images to get a better understanding of what this suffering really is, and why President Obama is so adamant on the non-proliferation of WMD’s.

• 98 Dudette
          September 11, 2013 at 10:09 pm

Yes, I understand… absolutely. Nowadays, people don’t believe a thing unless there’s a photo or video.

I just can’t see it myself. It will haunt me. It’s too much. Pretend death in movies and TV is almost more than I can bare sometimes.
          Real deal, I KNOW I can’t handle.

• 99 MightyPamela
            September 11, 2013 at 10:49 pm

I’m wth you, Dudette. I know and understand why PBO himself has asked us to watch, but I, too, simply cannot. Teaching preschool for over thirteen years, children are so precious, and now working with the elderly, who are often very ill and suffering badly, I would never be able to clear my mind of the images. These are the reasons I do not watch tv at all anymore, tho last night after PBO, I left NewsHour on mute, saw my brothers name in the credits, and then did watch about 10 minutes of the fundraiser, which was ’60′s music, heard the Shirelles, and a few others, and that was fun. Kitty thought I was a bit nutso! I will Hold the Light, keep the Souls of those who suffer on this poor little planet close to my Heart, and I will continue to pray. Goodnight everyone, thank you. May God Bless.

• 100 Dudette
              September 11, 2013 at 11:00 pm

{{{{ MP }}}} You are so sweet and loving. Bless you dear!

Now what’s this about your brother’s name in the credits? He works on NewsHour? Wow!!

27. 101 japa21
    September 11, 2013 at 9:39 pm
    • 102 nathkatun7
      September 12, 2013 at 3:17 am

Forgive me for being very puzzled as to why the New York Times is giving the President of Russia a forum to write an OpEd to oppose the President of the United States? Has this ever been done before with respect to other previous Presidents? For example: Was Putin offered an opportunity to write an OpEd to tell Americans what he thought about George W. Bush’s planned invasion and occupation of Iraq? Did the New York Times offer Khrushchev an opportunity to write an OpEd telling Americans about the Cuban Missile Crisis? Finally, is President Obama being offered the same opportunity to write an OpEd for the leading Russian Newspaper to tell Russians about Syria?

Why are the mainstream media, the holier than thou leftists, and several members of Congress fawning all over Putin? Is it now kosher to love a dictator, who enables another dictator who gassed his people, because that dictator is anti-President Obama?

28. September 11, 2013 at 9:40 pm

Has this been posted (my system is acting up now, really doesn’t like having more than 1 TOD window up)?

29. 106 Dudette
    September 11, 2013 at 9:48 pm

Lord love a duck! NY Times editors are fracked in the head!!!

Is that why they’re mad at POTUS? They were trying to get an OpEd from OBL when we dusted him?

30. September 11, 2013 at 9:53 pm
  31. September 11, 2013 at 9:55 pm

Calypso King – The Mighty Sparrow has died – he too loved POTUS

• 113 Dudette
      September 11, 2013 at 10:04 pm

Awww… man!

I was about to write condolences, but like Madiba, reports of his demise are a bit premature.
      He is apparently, however, in a coma (unless you’ve got something more recent than these)

——————————————-

Rumor Control: Mighty Sparrow Is NOT Dead

The Caribbean community was sent into mourning today after news surfaced claiming that legendary calypsonian the Mighty Sparrow, aka Slinger Francisco, is dead.

However, multiple sources confirmed with Urban Islandz that Sparrow is still alive and is receiving treatment at a New York hospital for an undisclosed illness.

“Mighty Sparrow is still alive and people should stop spreading false news,” one source told us. “His condition has not changed and he remains in the hospital.”

On Monday, the singer’s family confirmed via a short statement that he is in fact hospitalized in a New York hospital, but did not disclosed his illness.

————

September 11, 2013 at 10:09 pm

With all the serious stuff in the news, this made me laugh on a couple of different levels … mostly because I cannot stand Pat Buchanan.

33. 117 anniebella
    September 11, 2013 at 10:09 pm

Why is the media trying to say that Putin out smarted President Obama? I know why the right wing racists conservatives are saying that.