Sep

Excerpts: President Obama on Telemundo

The interview will air in its entirety on “Enfoque con José Díaz-Balart” on Sunday, September 22 at 12pm/11am central, and will be available on Telemundo.com and on the Facebook page of “Noticiero Telemundo.”

President Barack Obama receives an update on the Washington Navy Yard shootings investigation from FBI Director James Comey, left, and Attorney General Eric H. Holder, Jr. in the Oval Office, Sept. 17. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel, far left, and Lisa Monaco, Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism, also attended the meeting. (Photo by Pete Souza)

Chat away!

85 Responses to “Excerpts: President Obama on Telemundo”

1. 1 LDS
    September 17, 2013 at 10:33 pm

Halo!
    Love our President.

• September 17, 2013 at 10:40 pm

Me too! Congrats on 1st LDS.

• 3 LDS
        September 17, 2013 at 10:49 pm

J4O, isn’t he something else?
        How great it is to go to sleep and wake up in these United States despite all the ins and puts of life.
        I am just mazed of the floods in Colorado…..unbelievable!
        No MSM coverage. The weather channels are at a lost for words. And now NM, also?
        So glad POB is our President. I shudder to think of Romney handling all of these crisis. I would probably be on Meds.(all of them)

• September 17, 2013 at 10:40 pm

L……D…….S!!!! Hello you!

• 6 LDS
        September 17, 2013 at 10:43 pm

Thank you very much.
        Halo, Ms. Chips! What are you doing up sooooo late?
        Congratulation on your new friend, Danny Boy.
        Did the cat eve come home? I am sorry if I missed that.

• September 17, 2013 at 10:48 pm

Cat never came home, LDS, vanished in to flippin’ thin air, tried everything to find her, but no luck.

I have this notion she’ll reappear when Danny Boy makes the garden his own, but I might be stretching my dreams!

• 8 LDS
            September 17, 2013 at 10:54 pm

I thought the same thing…..you know with children always expect the unexpected…or maybe that goes for that lazy-ass Congress who gets paid to do nothing. At least animals appreciate you. She just might bring her whole family back and Danny Boy……oh, boy!
            Love you, Ms. Chips

• September 17, 2013 at 10:59 pm

“She just might bring her whole family back…”

Gulp. I’d give anything to see her again LDS, but might be a little overwhelmed by her re-appearing with 96 kittens :???:

September 17, 2013 at 11:07 pm

I will not tell the story here once again of the tomcat we had when I was little who ran away and returned weeks later with his wife and kitten and sat with them in front of our car until we all had a good look and then they all ran away again. I will not.

But sometimes good things happen when you least expect them, Chips (as if you didn’t know that, eh?).

2. 21 LDS
    September 17, 2013 at 10:38 pm

Thank you, Ms. Chips, LP and UT for everything.
    Since I am the only one here I take this opportunity to congratulate myself for being #uno.
    So while you guys get yourself together, I will patiently wait and then I am off to bed.
    What a day!
    Sweet sleep everyone…..

3. 22 LDS
    September 17, 2013 at 10:41 pm

Any minute now………..someone will join me here before I take over the whole post and start singing…..trust me you do to want to hear me sing at this late hour. I barely have a voice so…….WHERE IS EVERYBODY?

4. September 17, 2013 at 10:53 pm

Congrats on 1st LDS!!!!

#TrustBarack

Yes WE Can

… time to prepare dinner … bbl ….

5. 36 99ts
    September 17, 2013 at 10:56 pm

And I’m talking to myself on the last thread – hello night owls – that auto start video just scared the whatever out of me

6. 49 LDS
    September 17, 2013 at 10:56 pm

Thank you, Mr. Bobfr.

7. September 17, 2013 at 10:58 pm

Details buried in the United Nations report on the Syrian chemical weapons attack point directly at elite military formations loyal to President Bashar al-Assad, some of the strongest findings to date that suggest the government gassed its own people.

The inspectors, instructed to investigate the attack, but not to assign blame, nonetheless listed the precise compass directions of flight for two rocket strikes that appeared to lead back to the government’s elite redoubt in Damascus, Mount Qasioun, which overlooks and protects Mr. Assad’s presidential palace and where his Republican Guard and the army’s powerful Fourth Division are entrenched.

“It is the center of gravity of the regime,” said Elias Hanna, a retired general in the Lebanese Army and a lecturer on strategy and geopolitics at the American University of Beirut. “It is the core of the regime.”

8. 51 GGail
    September 17, 2013 at 11:06 pm

Chipsticks, Thank You!!! And there’s something in your In-Box from me. :-)

September 17, 2013 at 11:16 pm

Interesting interview and you’re welcome Chiparoo! :D

10. 55 LDS
    September 17, 2013 at 11:18 pm

LP, thank you for all of the above.
    What must be going on in the minds of the people of Colorado? It seems like since Katrina, we all have been “walking in their shoes”.
    We just never know from day-to-day what tomorrow will bring.

And those jerks who applauds Assad should be made to go over and view the carnage this man inflicted on these people in person. What do they have to say, now? This is so painful in so many ways to even process evil in this magnitude. And he is allowed to write an op-Ed in the NYT…unbelievable! Every week there seems to be one issue after another our President has to face and he handles it with such grace. I cannot wait for his next vacation. He deserves every second.

11. September 17, 2013 at 11:42 pm
      September 18, 2013 at 12:46 am

Superb!!!!!

• 59 Ladyhawke
      September 18, 2013 at 6:50 am

Thank you zizi2 for calling out the media for giving the GOP a pass. Your tweets go straight to the heart of the the matter. Where is the pressure from the media on the GOP to do their jobs now? They didn’t hesitate to pressure Speaker Pelosi. No matter how unhinged and deranged the actions of the Republican Party the media continues to look the other way and pretend that President Obama is the only person responsible for governing. The tea party tail continues to wag the elephant. Speaker Boehner is weak and cant manage his own members. He is totally useless and the media is reluctant to report that fact to the American people. This is just a total abdication of their responsibility to educate and inform the public. But everybody has a cow when President Obama merely states the obvious fact that the biggest obstacle to getting anything done lies with the speaker and his party. I hope these tweets will flood the cable and network tv stations until we get their attention. it is long past due that the media focus on the real problem hindering progress – The Republican Party.

12. 60 Dudette
    September 17, 2013 at 11:56 pm

Hey Bob, you still here? I left a response for you one thread back! :-)

September 18, 2013 at 12:01 am
    September 18, 2013 at 12:18 am

‘Well done, little brother. Well done!’

September 18, 2013 at 12:25 am

stumbled upon js piece of cable noise. One of the few times he got it right.

• 64 Lynn
      September 18, 2013 at 3:31 am

A belated ‘hug’ to you on the loss of your mother, amk. So good to see you, sweet man. All that globe trotting you do leaves me dizzy Stay safe.

• 65 amk for obama
        September 18, 2013 at 8:06 am

Thank you so much, Lynn. Can’t believe one month has already done by without her.

Will be back home soon.

• 66 LDS
      September 18, 2013 at 8:22 am

AMK, you penned the word that I have been trying to describe this man who thinks he is funny.
      NOISE!
      Thank you.

16. 67 Bill R.
    September 18, 2013 at 12:26 am
    September 18, 2013 at 12:29 am

/tearing out what little hair I have left/ Chips, pretty please with cheesy puffs all over it. would you mute that video that’s at the top of the post? I’ve muted it several times, but it burst out again every time I scroll by

September 18, 2013 at 12:32 am

@JOB – Nice piece of poem (?) / poetry (?) coupla threads back about WH.

September 18, 2013 at 12:40 am

“You can observe a lot by just watching.” ~Yogi Berra

Off to bed I go – Good night, village!

September 18, 2013 at 12:53 am

Goodnight, TODville. Can’t remember what the President’s doing tomorrow, but I plan to ride along with him (and I’ll be ridin’ with Biden, of course!). Not that any of us mere mortals can keep up with those two. :)

September 18, 2013 at 1:09 am

Had to come back here, to share this sage advice I found on Twitter:

22. September 18, 2013 at 2:12 am

Will have more on guns, tomorrow. For now, I’ll try to get some rest though the reality of this tweet makes it very difficult to do:

As I tweeted earlier today ….

That is not even remotely close to hyperbole. I truly wish it was because then I’d just be a nut and America would be ok.

#TrustBarack

Yes WE Can

23. 81 Layla
    September 18, 2013 at 6:07 am

Good morning all! Starting my day with a prayer for our President. Off to teach..have a wonderful day!

• September 18, 2013 at 6:54 am

GM back, Layla and everyone else. Leaving our daughter’s soon. Long drive ahead (9+ hrs.). Prayers for safety, please. Blessed and peace-filled day to all of us. I know, that’s difficult since we’re dealing with the “batshit crazy” or the stupid or the evil or the ignorant among us. However, we also have our beloved President and his family and VPB and his family and all the top-notch people who surround them and assist them. Thankful beyond measure!!!!

I’ll be lurking as we drive. :) (((((HUGS))))) to all.

• 83 LDS
        September 18, 2013 at 8:19 am

Good morning, tnmtngirl,
        Praying for traveling mercy all the way home.
        Just do not lurk and drive. You did say “we”, right?
        And when you arrive home in total safety, everything and everybody will be better than you when you left.
        No weapons formed shall prosper, in Jesus’ name.
        ((((((HUGS))))) to you.

(I have been wanting to do that HUGS thing for a while.) HZ makes me feel so special when she does it.
        I hope it makes you smile a while during that long drive home.
        PEACE.

24. September 18, 2013 at 8:56 am

Good news, and I hope it makes up for the “beer” incident by far. Despite some emoprogs on Balloon Juice, I think preserving black history is just as important sometimes as 10,000 scholarships can be. Of course, he’s one of those hated “financial people” who is also awful for trying to buy Dell computers.