Oct

Virtual Rally for President Obama

After Sunday’s rally, what distressed me most was that there wasn’t a show of support for President Obama there to face those bigots. Perhaps the teabaggers chose a time when folks weren’t as numerous or when they wouldn’t have encountered too many President Obama’s supporters.

In recent years, organizers have realized that not everyone can attend a rally in person.  So they have created “virtual rallies” so that everyone can protest in their own  way.

Unable to go to Washington DC, I’ve decided to create a virtual rally.

Give President Obama Your Support:

Phone Numbers

Comments: 202-456-1111

Switchboard: 202-456-1414

TTY/TTD

Comments: 202-456-6213

Visitor’s Office: 202-456-2121

Write a letter to the President

Here are a few simple things you can do to make sure your message gets to the White House as quickly as possible.

1. If possible, email us! This is the fastest way to get your message to President Obama.

2. If you write a letter, please consider typing it on an 8 1/2 by 11 inch sheet of paper. If you hand-write your letter, please consider using pen and writing as neatly as possible.

3. Please include your return address on your letter as well as your envelope. If you have an email address, please consider including that as well.

1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW,

Washington, D.C., DC 20500

A virtual rally is a way to get everyone to give their support, so I especially invite lurkers to come out and post why they support President Obama, and take at least one step to show their support beyond this board.

As part of this rally, I invite everyone to post why they support President Obama.

25 Responses to “Virtual Rally for President Obama”

1. 1 susanne
    October 15, 2013 at 5:31 am

night owl rally!

2. 2 susanne
    October 15, 2013 at 5:39 am

i support barack obama because of his goodness, his determination, his intelligence, his consideration, his courage, his long view, his honesty, his judiciousness, his generosity, his trustworthiness, his stamina, and his abundant aloha. i simply love the man, and have complete faith that he will do what is right.

good rally, carol!

3. October 15, 2013 at 5:52 am

I support the President because he has shown on many occasions thru policies and words that he is in the corner of all Americans…that he is indeed that transformational figure that Colin Powel spoke of…

4. October 15, 2013 at 5:56 am

Great idea Carol. You can count me in. I don’t know how this GOP B.S. will end, but I do know, that I’ll be standing with the President. The man knows what he’s doing.

5. October 15, 2013 at 6:01 am

I didn’t originally support Obama. I was one of those “draft Gore” people who was trying to get Gore to run. But people on Big Orange asked me to check him out. What I saw, I liked, and was a supporter ever since. At first, I still pined for Gore, but thought Obama would make a great Vice President. (I was one of those who thought we would never elect a black President in my lifetime). But the more I saw of him-his poise and intelligence, his leadership qualities: I stopped being a reluctant supporter and became an enthusiastic one.

I am a full throated Obamabot. Simply put, the man has yet to disappoint me. He’s simply the best President in my lifetime (I’m 57 as of Sunday).

October 15, 2013 at 6:10 am

If only the msm did their job, the gap would be still wider.

October 15, 2013 at 6:29 am
    • 8 susanne
      October 15, 2013 at 6:33 am

and isn’t it sickening that helping people, for this large body of elected officials, would only occur as a concession.

8. 9 susanne
    October 15, 2013 at 6:30 am

terrific skewering here:

‘ AD MISERICORDIAM. Seeking pity instead of providing evidence. “Twenty years from now, if there is some obscure Trivial Pursuits question, I am confident I will be the answer.” —Ted Cruz.
    ~
    IGNORATIO ELENCHI. A conclusion that is irrelevant to the premise. “Halloween is a liberal holiday because we’re teaching our children to beg for something for free.” —Sean Hannity.’
    ..and lots more!

9. 10 nospin
    October 15, 2013 at 6:31 am

I support President Obama because he is the right person for this time. I support him for his intelligence, his restraint and for his ability to weed through the constant bullshit and focus on what is in the best interest of the American people regardless of whether or not they support him. I support President Obama because he chose Joe Biden to be his Vice President and Michelle Obama as his wife.

I support the President because he is a good person. God bless him and his family.

October 15, 2013 at 6:31 am

World powers are holding their first talks with Iran on its controversial nuclear programme since Hassan Rouhani was elected Iran’s president.

11. 12 Linda
    October 15, 2013 at 6:54 am

Leon Panetta is going to be on Morning Junk to talk trash about PBO.

12. 13 kathryn kivett
    October 15, 2013 at 6:58 am

Gppd Morning…..I support President Barack Hussein Obama because he is all the adjectives we use every day to describe him(intelligent, caring, consistent, and so on and so on) but I mainly support him because I TRUST HIM.

13. 14 Linda
    October 15, 2013 at 7:08 am

Thank goodness our re-finance went through before Boehner and the gang ruined that too.

We are closing today.

Thank you for the HAMP program Presdient Obama. ! We got a fixed rate 2.1 % lower and shaved off 10 years..

• 15 99ts
      October 15, 2013 at 8:02 am

great to hear Linda – I remember when our interest rate eventually dropped from 18% to 9% and then refinance got it down to 7% – that took about 20 years off our mortgage! It made life so much easier – as you now know :)

14. October 15, 2013 at 7:08 am

What I just sent to the White House:

Just sending you a e-mail of support for your handling of the shutdown crisis. You are determined to do the best for this country and I want you to keep doing that.

A suggestion: while they like letters, letters in envelopes have to be opened first. Send postcards instead.

15. 17 Jovie
    October 15, 2013 at 7:19 am
  16. 18 Jovie
    October 15, 2013 at 7:25 am
  17. October 15, 2013 at 7:43 am

To copy someone else, I support President Obama for all the adjectives we use daily. The first thing that entered my mind as I was reading Carol’s post was “I TRUST him.”

I sent note to WH last week. Suppose I should do another one today.

18. 21 99ts
    October 15, 2013 at 8:18 am

Hello Carol – thank you for the new thread. From my world it just seems weird that people have to be “campaigning”, protesting, politicking all the time. We have elections that last a maximum of 6 weeks – and then life goes on until the next one – 3 years time. If the wrong party wins I sometimes write letters, make phone calls but only once have I ever gone to a rally – and of course – that was when the government tried to 100% ban abortion – 30 years ago. (I have forgotten the 1960s – I was involved in a couple of Vietnam protests)

I really think so many would like to live their lives without the drama. I love TOD and enjoy seeing the President at the many functions he has/attends, but I can’t imagine having to be continually out supporting him an getting folks to go to the polls. I find it amazing, how much you all give to support PBO – be it a virtual rally – or a boots on the ground rally.

19. 22 mtmarilyn
    October 15, 2013 at 9:46 am

I support this President because he is the only Adult in the room. His poise and intelligence it almost more than we deserve. I am so thankful he is my President.

20. October 15, 2013 at 11:05 am

I was a huge supporter of Senator John Kerry for President in 2004. So when a young state senator gave an awe-inspiring speech at the Democratic Convention, I determined to learn more about him. Online, I discovered books written by this fresh voice. “Dreams From My Father,” (Dreams), was the first book I read written by the author, Barack Obama. The writing was outstanding. Then, the 2008 Democratic campaign started with Senator Obama running as a Presidential Candidate. I decided to support him. But, I became a huge volunteer when I saw an interview of Mrs. Barack Obama, First Lady Michelle Obama, wherein she stated “No one can work harder than Barack!” By that time, I was aware of Mrs. Obama’s personal story. She was born and raised on the “Southside” of Chicago. Her parents were working class. She was a Princeton Graduate, and a Harvard Law Graduate. I was familiar with Chicago’s Southside because I went to law school in South Bend, Indiana. Chicago was the place to go if you were a student in South Bend. So, for me, if Michelle Obama says her husband works so hard that no one can “work harder” than he works, I am a believer.

President Obama has never disappointed me. I trust him and his love of our nation. In “Dreams,” President Obama relates how his Mother taught him about him being so special because of the “Founding Documents” of our great nation. It is clear to me what a profound and lasting lesson President Obama received from his Mother’s teaching. He recounts how she would get him out of bed each morning at 4 o’clock to teach him the courses he was missing by living abroad. I STAND with President Obama!

21. 24 Judith Fardig
    October 15, 2013 at 11:20 am

Thank you Carol for this virtual rally of support for our beloved President Obama. My kids opened my eyes in 2008 to see that Barack Obama was literally the face of the future of America with the best aspects of us all in his character. He and Michelle are the very best example of honoring campaign promises and living their faith and family values that we have ever had in the White House. I am in awe of them.

22. October 15, 2013 at 12:40 pm

Thank you for this. I would like to say (and hopefully others have mentioned this as well), that the TP sabotaged a Million Vets March. I do recall hearing someone call Sarah Palin an “idiot” and someone else blaming the Republicans for the shutdown, so it’s pretty clear that not ALL our esteemed vets believe the BS that was being spewed at this “rally.” Thanks again! :)