Nov

Democracy Wins The Day

2013-11-21T200159Z_1096015043_GM1E9BM0B5401_RTRMADP_3_USA-SENATE-NOMINEES

President Barack Obama talks about the U.S. Senate’s efforts to confirm his Administration’s nominees

OBAMA-FILIBUSTER

OBAMA-BILL-SIGNING

President Barack Obama signs S. 330, the HIV Organ Policy Equity Act, in the Oval Office of the White House

OBAMA-BILL-SIGNING

President Barack Obama signs H.R. 2747: Streamlining Claims Processing for Federal Contractor Employees Act, and S. 893: Veterans Compensation Cost-of-Living Adjustment Act of 2013,

OBAMA-BILL-SIGNING

OBAMA-CONNECTED

President Barack Obama speaks to a group of educators being honored as ConnectED Champions of Change for taking creative approaches in using technology to enhance learning for students in communities across the country

OBAMA-CONNECTED

President Barack Obama checks hands with kids after speaking to a group of educators being honored as ConnectED Champions of Change

2013-11-21T201749Z_1354007517_GM1E9BM0BV101_RTRMADP_3_USA-SENATE-NOMINEES

117 Responses to “Democracy Wins The Day”

November 21, 2013 at 8:10 pm

Finally!

2. 8 Anjo
    November 21, 2013 at 8:13 pm

Congrats vc, just got home from a meeting and you are #1

November 21, 2013 at 8:17 pm

TY, Anjo. Just got in myself not too long ago and trying to gather myself together. Hope your meeting was productive.

3. November 21, 2013 at 8:13 pm

Thanks a gazillllllllllllllllllion UT!!!!!!

4. November 21, 2013 at 8:14 pm

Indeed, Harry won the day.! President sure is handsome as well as smart. He is so photogenic. Hey VC

November 21, 2013 at 8:21 pm

Hey back at you Almab!

I love our president, yes I do.
      I love our president, how about you?

Wait a minute, saying that just reminded me of Vitamin Lover, and the fact that I haven’t seen her in quite a while. She was the one who usually who started that refrain in the village. I wonder where she is, like I’m wondering when Cookemom is going to resurface so I can wave at her, and breathe a sigh of relief.

• 14 99ts
      November 21, 2013 at 8:33 pm

“He is so photogenic” – which upsets the WHPC beyond their usual upsets

November 21, 2013 at 8:15 pm

Now, what’s that tiny little chap in a vest doing among those senior looking dudes greeting the president? He can’t be the same age as those around him for sure.

6. November 21, 2013 at 8:15 pm

Scandal is on tonight and I’ve got one of my favorite ice-creams in the freezer waiting for me. It’s a good day.

November 21, 2013 at 8:17 pm

Thanks for this Chiparoo.

November 21, 2013 at 8:20 pm

9. 24 Nena20409
    November 21, 2013 at 8:20 pm

POTUS has ordered for Flags to be Flown at Half-Staff on 11-22-13 in remembrance and to Honor JFK.

10. November 21, 2013 at 8:21 pm

Ok, tonight’s menu:

Pan-sauteed top sirloin
    Oven-roasted veggies and red potatoes

And, of course, gimlets. Glorious gimlets.

November 21, 2013 at 8:27 pm

The fact that Facebook doesn’t find this to be a problem right around the time of JFK’s assassination is very telling…

November 21, 2013 at 8:30 pm

November 21, 2013 at 8:32 pm

I forgot it’s Scandal night!! :) Thursday’s good!

November 21, 2013 at 8:34 pm

Someone posts this on facebook – and Facebook owners/moderators do NOTHING about it?!?!?

// We now have authority to shoot Obama, i.e., to kill him. His willful violations and alienation of our Constitution, constant disregard for our peaceful protests and corruption of all the three branches of government, (i.e., rogue and illegitiimate government), reveal the dictator that he is. Obama and his co-conspirators disrespect our Constitution (constitutional rule of law) and abuse the American people. The authority to kill Obama comes from the 2nd Amendment of our Constitution: He is levying war on the United States and aiding and comforting our foreign enemies — the 2nd Amendment gives us the right and duty (authority) to engage an enemy of the United States that does so with the design to reduce us under absolute Despotism. I would be very surprised, if Obama does not leave Washington DC today (Nov. 19th) …never to return, if he is not dead within the month. PLEASE JOIN US AT CHRISTIAN AMERICAN PATRIOTS MILITIA: //

15. 42 Judith Fardig
    November 21, 2013 at 8:36 pm

Did I miss a photo of Michelle Obama in her lovely dress at the Sandoval concert last night? Where can I see it?

16. 51 PoliticalJunkessa
    November 21, 2013 at 8:38 pm

Think I’ll wait for a new thread……..

November 21, 2013 at 8:48 pm

18. 69 Nena20409
    November 21, 2013 at 8:54 pm

The beuaty of watching the implosion of Rushbo……on what the senate Dems finally got done.

19. 70 Nena20409
    November 21, 2013 at 8:58 pm

Whever the media and the right are foaming in their mouths accusing the Dems of some dictatorial schemes…….all is well in US.

Hey Media and righties…….How Do you all spell Filibuster? Hmm? I thought so ;)

November 21, 2013 at 9:00 pm

November 21, 2013 at 9:04 pm

22. November 21, 2013 at 9:06 pm

Crossing my fingers that this will post (I did complete the http://akismet.com/contact/ form just a little while ago).

23. 75 mtmarilyn
    November 21, 2013 at 9:26 pm

I get home from a long day and couldn’t wait to get on TOD and read all that has gone on today. I kept getting texts about what happened today. So proud of Reid. Sure glad our President finally gets to do his job.

Bobfr, thank you for all the great work you have been doing to help get us to this point. Your persistence is greatly appreciated!!!!

24. 77 Ladyhawke
    November 21, 2013 at 9:26 pm

INTERESTING …….

The world’s leading filibuster expert on what happened today and what to expect next.

By Dylan Matthews

25. November 21, 2013 at 9:28 pm

Hellooooooooo everyone. A re-post for anyone who missed it earlier.

Akismet are the bunch who deal with spam on WordPress, they filter out all the crazy stuff that floods in to WP comments.

But they screw up, a lot, and today a whole bunch of you have ended up in spam repeatedly.

From what I’ve read, this suggests Akismet have mistakenly added your usernames to their spam list, so you need to contact them to tell them they’ve screwed up.

You can do it here: http://akismet.com/contact/

Click anywhere outside that comment box and choose the ‘I think Akismet is catching my comments by mistake’ option, and take it from there.

It’ll only take a minute, and generally they sort it out quickly.

I have contacted them today to tell them what’s happening, but I think each person having the problem has to contact them too.

A. Pain. In. The. Butt.

26. 97 forus50
    November 21, 2013 at 9:37 pm

27. November 21, 2013 at 9:37 pm

28. November 21, 2013 at 9:38 pm

GE TOD…. Congrats on first, VC.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

“This treaty is not about changing America,” Kerry told the committee. “This treaty is about America changing the world.”

November 21, 2013 at 9:42 pm

Calling it a day…even though it’s early…it was a field trip day today and those always wipe me out:) Saw a very good play today based on a book titled, ” The Quiltmaker’s Gift” …excellent message…and as I listened and watched all I could think of was all the selfish RWNJ’s…..Night all.

Maybe LL is familiar with this….great book to have storytime with and talk about.

• 111 4morefor44
      November 21, 2013 at 10:06 pm

a little nit pick with the article…i think michelle is the one who “delivered” her babies. it’s nice that her friend provided great assistance to her though…

30. November 21, 2013 at 9:51 pm

November 21, 2013 at 9:57 pm

32. November 21, 2013 at 9:57 pm

November 21, 2013 at 10:45 pm

Those pictures of little POTUS and FLOTUS is so cute. I remember when FLOTUS was on Jay Leno he was showing a picture of little FLOTUS standing on the frame of a swing set with no swings.

33. November 21, 2013 at 10:08 pm

It is absolutely infuriating that the MSM has sunk to this low (criticizing WH photogs).

Where were the complaints with Reagan’s photog, a wonderful photographer named @PeteSouza?

Or Ford’s (I’ll see if I can find a tweet I sent out this summer about this).

Stunning that upChuck is a mouthpiece for crabby Fournier (think it was Nena who posted that video).

MSM, please get a grip and try to actually work instead of deciding the “meme of the day” that the entire MSM beltway echo-chamber will regurgitate until the next meme is decided upon.

Shameful, exhausting and really a waste of everybody’s time.