Nov

Early Bird Chat

On this Day: President Obama greets children at Sycamore Elementary in Kokomo, Ind., Nov. 23, 2010 (Photo by Pete Souza)

MoooOOOooorning Early Birds, Happy Saturday!

101 Responses to “Early Bird Chat”

1. 5 jackiegrumbacher
    November 23, 2013 at 7:18 am

Morning Chips and Marlz and everyone up on this cold morning. Today I’m doing my favorite pre-holiday thing–going to a bunch of church bazaars for goodies, white elephant and craft sales. There’s always something special for the tree or some knitted sock or mitten for our little grandbaby. And every one is happy “anticipating” the holidays. Can’t wait to see what happens on the Iran negotiations. Hope our president gets a chance to relax amid all the stress. Have a great day and thanks for the hug photo–I never get enough of them.

2. November 23, 2013 at 7:23 am

Super early here. It takes me weeks and weeks to adjust to time changes.

Negotiations in Geneva with Sec Kerry, Zarif and Ashton have just begun. Get it done, dear folks!!

3. 10 99ts
    November 23, 2013 at 7:23 am

Hello Chips & el – night owl time here – we just had a big storm warning – that fizzled – I do love fizzled storms

4. 16 Jovie
    November 23, 2013 at 7:52 am
  5. 17 donna dem 4 obama
    November 23, 2013 at 8:11 am

Good Saturday Morning Everyone!

Look at our very own College Kay….That young lady is on the move!!!

November 23, 2013 at 8:32 am
    November 23, 2013 at 8:38 am
    November 23, 2013 at 8:38 am

effing pl crowd.

9. 33 Jovie
    November 23, 2013 at 8:40 am
  10. 40 a4alice
    November 23, 2013 at 9:04 am
    • November 23, 2013 at 11:37 am

If I am understanding correctly the so called nuclear change in the Senate only applies to executive appointment and choices for Fed judges. It does not include the Supreme Court picks nor legislative policies/bills. So why all the clamor to suddenly get all the legislation done that the GOP did not do before? Seems to me they will just continue their obstructive ways.

11. 42 Dudette
    November 23, 2013 at 9:06 am

Good Mooooooorning Family!

Here’s some great gettin’ up music for ya! :-)

12. 43 a4alice
    November 23, 2013 at 9:10 am

ha. I immediately thought of amk when I saw this. had to tweet. bah ha ha ha

November 23, 2013 at 9:27 am
      November 23, 2013 at 9:38 am

THIS! :) morning everyone:) Happy wet and rainy Saturday from my part of the world! Gonna build a damn ark if this keeps up…..I need sunshine!!! I like this, amk…considering that I spend 4 hours of every weekend tutoring math…this idea would be sooooo much better. As an added bonus, I’m sure that my kiddos would agree:) Keep an eye on Laura Rosen’s Twitter feed today….stuff is happening ..

https://twitter.com/lrozen Weakened President my dying ass…

14. 54 a4alice
    November 23, 2013 at 9:30 am

well gotta get a move on this morning. lots to do. it’s cold up here. got a fire going and a cup of hot coffee. everybody have a great day – bbl :D

15. 55 africa
    November 23, 2013 at 9:32 am

Happy Saturday, everyone!! Hiya Chips!!

November 23, 2013 at 9:36 am
    November 23, 2013 at 9:36 am

The US Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has suggested that passengers should be allowed to make calls once a plane reaches 10,000 feet.

But one petition against the idea said it would “make an already cranky, uncomfortable travel experience exponentially worse”.

Calls would not be allowed during take-off and landing.

But the rule change would be the latest relaxation of guidelines on device use at airports and on aircraft.

I would sign that petition.

• November 23, 2013 at 9:55 am

Me too, amk. I can’t imagine sitting on a flight with a bunch of people yammering. Terrible idea!

• 69 99ts
      November 23, 2013 at 9:57 am

My experience on trains/buses hearing every last word of domestic discussions/arguments between people who saw each other 5 minutes earlier – or will see them in 5 minutes time – makes me glad I have forsaken air travel until sanity returns to the industry and the major time of the trip happens while actually flying.

Maybe airlines will introduce a “non talking on phones” section.

• 70 Obama Grandmama
      November 23, 2013 at 11:49 am

Since cell phones I have experienced people in coffee shops, in grocery or bank lines and buses talking to someone on the phone and always in a loud voice and totally unaware of those around them. I have even seen them get to the cashier and hold up their hand to them signaling not now when the person spoke to them about their business regardless of the number of people behind them. I think didn’t anyone ever teach them phone manners? I have been forced to hear lovers’ conversations with intimate details, sales deals, and angry arguments. No, I think people on a plane should live in the present and if they want to engage with someone do so with the person next to them.

November 23, 2013 at 9:40 am

Example: amk

19. 78 Grab a mop grace
    November 23, 2013 at 9:42 am

Catching up but just have to interject, those photos of the First Lady on the magazine cover are absolutely magnificent. She is just radiant.
    I think that she is more beautiful than ever. Aging like a fine wine!
    We should all be so lucky……..

November 23, 2013 at 9:48 am

text from daughter unit just now.

“Done. Phew. Everyone said it was presented well. Including the chiefs.”

And she told me one hour back that she had butterflies just thinking about doing her presentation in front of 300 other docs.

wimmin/smh

November 23, 2013 at 9:50 am

smart phones. dumb peeps.

November 23, 2013 at 9:51 am
    November 23, 2013 at 9:59 am

Laura Rozen ‏@lrozen 2m
    If Kerry stepping out to get his wife chocolates, this is probably not going south
    Reply Retweet Favorite More Expand

Omid Memarian ‏@Omid_M 5m
    #IranTalks in #Geneva on the cover of all papers in #Iran. Shargh speculates tht #iran is 1 step away fr the deal. @JZarif says 90% is done!
    Retweeted by Laura Rozen
    Reply Retweet Favorite More Expand

November 23, 2013 at 10:04 am

HAHAHAHA can’t this get off here, but funny!!!

25. 99 africa