Nov

‘Her life is changed for the better because of President Barack Obama’

A Word from Bill (@cmpnwtr)

Today I participated as an enrollment assister at a Health Care Enrollment Fair in Salem, Oregon. It was a marvelous and touching experience. It made me aware of how many poor and struggling individuals and families there are who are just on the edge of survival, going without the essential of human need, including especially medical care.

The persons I helped were all very grateful for this new service they now will have a new found security that is rare for them, young and middle aged, individuals, couples, families with children, multi-generational families in the same household.

Their stories were touching and at times heart rending.

There were about 30 assisters in all, volunteers, professionals, insurance agents and brokers. We were busy most of the day. It was a good learning experience for me in helping others complete the application process and go through the steps they have to go through to meet this need.

The woman with the health department who is my supervisor in this effort is young Latina woman who is very skilled and has such a pleasant disposition and communication skills for this. But it was well organized by Cover Oregon and an event that will bear much fruit in the lives of many hundreds of people.

I learned again today that there are many, many poor people in America who are working hard but barely surviving, and without basic medical care. Some I saw today were making $1000–1200 a month income. One single woman in her 50s, making 15K a year, with a congenital disability, no health care coverage.

Her life is changed for the better because of President Barack Obama.

Be inspired by Bill, join Team ObamaCare – link

117 Responses to “‘Her life is changed for the better because of President Barack Obama’”

1. November 25, 2013 at 9:38 pm

Really want to have this message stick …

… just like it is so essential we make the message of #OBAMCARE stick~~

• November 25, 2013 at 9:42 pm

Bill, you are to be admired and congratulated for what you are doing. And, no matter how hard the #GOP will try they will never be able to overcome the reality encapsulated in this sentence – “Her life is changed for the better because of President Barack Obama.” – multiplied, eventually, by 100s of Millions whose very lives will have been saved, and quality of live improved, because of President Obama’s courageous and successful leadership.

• 3 Judith Fardig
      November 25, 2013 at 11:42 pm

Congrats to Bobfr and to Bill R! You both have given us inspiration on a regular basis! Happy Thanksgiving week to all of TOD!

2. November 25, 2013 at 9:38 pm

I was going to include this in tomorrow’s R&S, but it deserves a post all of its own. Bill, thank you so much, this is beautiful.

3. 13 Nena20409
    November 25, 2013 at 9:41 pm

A great service beautifully performed by Bill R.

Great Job. Thank you.

Congrats Bobfr for your Gold ;)

November 25, 2013 at 9:41 pm

Well done, bt. Bill R did deserve a thread of his own.

November 25, 2013 at 9:42 pm
    November 25, 2013 at 9:44 pm

Good evening, TODland.

Why, yes, I would.

7. 25 forus50
    November 25, 2013 at 9:45 pm

Chips, did you see your Cheezy Puffs friend I posted on the last thread?

November 25, 2013 at 9:45 pm

Congrats Bill, and thanks for sharing your experiences with the awesome ACA-related work you are doing for this country’s most vulnerable citizens. :)

November 25, 2013 at 9:45 pm
  10. 39 Nena20409
    November 25, 2013 at 9:45 pm

Just noticed, as the Mark Knoller of TOD, a term given to Moi…..*cough* *yikes*……by VC. I see that Chips tied with Bobfr ;) . Who authored this Post? Hmm?

November 25, 2013 at 9:47 pm

Bill R – Thank you to you and all the others who are assisting their fellow Americans in this way. Well done.

November 25, 2013 at 9:47 pm

:) :)

• 47 Nena20409
      November 25, 2013 at 9:59 pm

Some are born with Class. POTUS is one Class Act.

Others learn to be classy. POTUS already had it and has it in spades.

Others try to be classy, but fail. POTUS has Class in every ounce of his awesome self.

13. 48 HZ
    November 25, 2013 at 9:50 pm

First, thank you Bill R. for all that you are doing to advance ACA for so many people in your area. So appreciated.

Also thank you Judith for all that you are doing to advance ACA for all the wonderful people who will be so grateful. You both are working so hard in your area, and we thank you both.

Did anyone watch Rachel tonight? Please do, if you like. She had a wonderful opening, I think. HZ

14. 50 a4alice
    November 25, 2013 at 9:50 pm

congrats on first Bob and Bill once again great work in helping your fellow citizens

15. November 25, 2013 at 9:56 pm
    November 25, 2013 at 10:00 pm

Guess they found out he was The Boss:

• 54 Nena20409
      November 25, 2013 at 10:05 pm

I was pulled once for speeding once……It was Never the fun. Bruce ;) WTG :)

• 55 Dudette
        November 25, 2013 at 10:32 pm

Never ever nevah had fun being pulled over. Including this weekend.

An obviously bored young cop with plastic white-framed sunglasses (I kid u not), needed something to do so he stopped me yesterday as I drove down a n a lightly-traveled suburban/rural road. He addressed me as “Driver” rather than M’am” (I thought that was odd) and told me my license tag cover had dirt on the inside, thus it obstructed the view of my tag number. I was violating statute 123-blahda, blahda. [Who knew you could get a ticket for that when people who buy used cars in this State can drive around with a handwritten piece of cardboard that says "Tag Applied For"? ] Oh well. At least he only gave me a warning.

Problem solved: I removed the thing. No since cleaning it and then worrying about reliving that experience again.

• 56 Nena20409
          November 25, 2013 at 10:41 pm

At least Dudette you had a warning. I got nailed with a ticket. I went to court. Pleaded not guilty, reduced my fee from $75 to $45. Well it was a year after I got my drivers license to drive. It still burns me today.

So for that fool who stopped you and didn’t give you the proper curtesy, I say……he was a misguided fool. Thank goodness you didn’t have to pay a fine.

November 25, 2013 at 10:52 pm

Good resolution, Driver. (Driver? From what planet was he?)

November 25, 2013 at 10:42 pm

I was pulled over once decades ago, but I was so shocked (because I never break traffic laws – well, until that day – Ha!) that the cop just warned me to watch my speed. Think he just wanted me to “be on my way.” :)

November 25, 2013 at 10:01 pm
    November 25, 2013 at 10:07 pm

John Kerry’s family….(I’d mentioned that his son in law was Iranian) Beautiful :)

Bill, thank you once again for your help and generosity helping your community get the healthcare they deserve. Well done!

19. November 25, 2013 at 10:08 pm

Iranian’s have a great sense of humor :)

[The Israeli Prime Minister drew his “red-line” at the 90 percent point, in that Iran would have a large enough stockpile of 20 percent enriched uranium to enrich further for one nuclear weapon. While Iran has since slowed its nuclear program, and scaled it back even further since President Hassan Rouhani came to office, the Islamic Republic has still maintained a stockpile of uranium enriched to 20 percent. But that will soon change. The agreement signed by the six world powers (the U.S., U.K., France, China, Russia and Germany) and Iran on Sunday in Geneva will not only require Iran to *ELIMINATE* its 20 percent stockpile, but the deal also includes a stringent inspection regime to verify that Tehran complies.]

*Very important FACT people should realize that is part of the deal

20. November 25, 2013 at 10:12 pm

*Parody:

“It was a classic magic trick: While the eye was distracted by the show of the P5+1 talks, the real work was done elsewhere — and presented to the foreign ministers of Russia, China, Britain, France and Germany in Geneva two weeks ago almost as a fait accompli. No wonder Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius were miffed. This deal was done (as any serious piece of diplomacy must be) out of sight. They were asked to endorse it after the fact, and it’s no surprise that they balked — Netanyahu unwisely locking himself into an inflexible rejectionist position and Fabius dickering publicly for more concessions.”

…..The deal reached last weekend is fragile. It can be reversed; it can be finagled at the edges; it can mask secret activities. In most agreements, the rubric is “trust but verify.” In this case, make it mistrust and verify. But it’s a beginning of a process that could make the world less dangerous. Obama, the covert commander in chief, showed once again that he acts most effectively out of sight.

21. November 25, 2013 at 10:13 pm

Thank you, Bill.

Thanks to all of you helping spread the word about Obamacare.

November 25, 2013 at 10:13 pm

We had two state elections recently. Turnout you ask ? 71% and 81%.

23. 79 PoliticalJunkessa
    November 25, 2013 at 10:15 pm

Mark Herring certified by Virginia Board of Elections as winner of Attorney General race by only 165 votes! A Democratic sweep :-P

RICHMOND — State Sen. Mark R. Herring was certified the winner of a razor-thin attorney general’s race this morning after the Virginia State Board of Elections concluded its own canvass of the Nov. 5 statewide election.

The state senator from Loudoun County maintained his 165-vote lead over state Sen. Mark D. Obenshain, his Republican rival, in what is regarded the closest race in recent Virginia history. If Herring’s victory survives a possible recount it would give Democrats all five statewide offices — governor, lieutenant governor, attorney general and the two U.S. Senate seats — for the first time since 1969.

“I am gratified that the State Board of Elections today certified me the winner of a close but fair election,” Herring said in a statement.”I look forward to serving the people of Virginia as Attorney General.

November 25, 2013 at 10:27 pm

Great news, PJ! I hope he can hang on through the recount. Better yet, I hope they don’t bother with a recount. It’s past time for people to send GOPs home to their immediate families.

November 25, 2013 at 10:16 pm
  25. November 25, 2013 at 10:19 pm

@lLawrence mentioned a Politico article that called FLOTUS a Feminist nightmare….has anyone read that

• 87 amk for obama
      November 25, 2013 at 10:25 pm

That was from a tundra twit admirer. Was shred to pieces everywhere. lawrence is to late.

• 91 Nena20409
      November 25, 2013 at 10:25 pm

MHP did a Dear Letter of an awesome take down on some idiot that tried to decimate the FLOTUS on Saturday on her imaginary malarkey.

Feminism is for Women to make their own choices. These people are just pathetic. I suppose going after her husband was just not enough…..so they want to go after the FLOTUS too. MHP was not having none of it and today, Salon has a piece taking one Journo out on yet another ugly rant on FLOTUS.

November 25, 2013 at 10:27 pm

The Boss (aka, dog) is telling me it’s time for bed. Dog tells me what to do at night, cat tells me when to get up in the morning….I love my life! Night all. Tomorrow is a new day to smile in the Age of Obama:) Thankful every day.

27. 95 Bill R.
    November 25, 2013 at 10:28 pm

Chips, thanks for sharing my experience today with the world. I hope more of these stories of real people and the relief they experience to have real security of medical coverage can be told.

November 25, 2013 at 10:29 pm
  29. 98 forus50
    November 25, 2013 at 10:29 pm

lmao. With apologies in advance for source, subject and content. But it’s too funny not to share.

30. 99 Nena20409
    November 25, 2013 at 10:32 pm

Week 8 and the tota number is 956,788

31. November 25, 2013 at 10:40 pm

:D :D :D :D :D

• 107 Nena20409
      November 25, 2013 at 10:48 pm

I wonder what his middle finger to Us all was…… the Financial meltdown? Or was that to thank Us for Scalia and his gang of 5 stooping the FL Vote Counts on Dec 9, 2000?

November 25, 2013 at 10:41 pm

Time for siesta…. It’s 9 am. Why do you ask?

33. November 25, 2013 at 10:46 pm

“We understand that Cottle was not engaged in an intellectual or feminist pursuit with that article; she was attempting to shame the First Lady of the United States by diminishing her value, challenging her usefulness and questioning her relevance. We understand that a healthy, educated Black America is an empowered Black America and that Michelle Obama has done more for Black feminism and womanism in 6 years than White feminists have done in…ever. We also understand that that fact is a threat to the positions of privilege that White feminists have occupied for so long and that Cottle’s article is an extension of that obvious insecurity”….

34. November 25, 2013 at 10:48 pm

In summary …

#TrustBarack … Because We Can

35. November 25, 2013 at 10:50 pm

Need more stories like this one to counteract the msm nonsense. Thanks for sharing Bill.

36. November 25, 2013 at 10:54 pm