Nov

Thank you!

A little Thanksgiving note….

Thank you to UT for her truly amazing work on the blog these past few months, the place honestly wouldn’t still be going without her. I’m still waiting for her to say – even once – ‘sorry, I can’t do tomorrow’s R&S’, she leaps in to action every single time I ask her. She’s a gem, she pours her heart and soul and brain in to every single post.

And thank you, again, to UT for this morning’s stunning post, which has got a fantastic reaction. To my shame, I’d actually forgotten so many of the things this President has achieved, so it was a beautiful, powerful, magical reminder. (I’ll add a permanent link to the post in the sidebar).

And thank you to all the blog tyrants, Lovely Plains, Liberal Librarian, Zizi, Tally and even Amk – crikey, I hope I’m not forgetting any one – you all bring so, so, so, so much to TOD, eternally grateful!

And thank you to all of you who visit and comment here, you’ve helped create a truly lovely and brilliantly smart President Obama-supporting community, it’s a joy.

And thank you to Danny for finally falling asleep after a day spent largely dismantling the play tunnel I got him. It seemed like a good idea at the time. :???:

Love ya all, you’re beautiful!

PS A Very lovely message in the comments:

Hi All,

Just wanted to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving!

Your Friend from Moneygall Ireland

Henry

84 Responses to “Thank you!”

1. November 28, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Congrats on 1st, VC!! :)

Had just posted this on the bottom of the previous thread – UT’s exceptional tribute to our President …

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! (should add Happy Hanukkah, as well!!)

UT – you’ve out done yourself and that is a major accomplishment. What a spectacular tribute to our President, his team and the 1st Family. Thank you!!!

Chips – will never be able to express adequately the gratitude I have for the experience of participating in the TOD community that you created and have nurtured these past several years. Thank you!!

#FORWARD Together”

2. 10 taiping1
    November 28, 2013 at 1:45 pm

Thank you Chips, UTAustinLiberal aka NerdyWonka; Zizi, Liberal Librarian, amk, Tally, and all the beautiful commenters here. TOD is truly the best community and the go-to place for all the news the MSM sees fit to suppress. For all the wonderful changes detailed in UT’s post there is still a shadow side to American politics, represented the by the mean-spirited GOP and the media which pushes its memes. Yet, unlike years previously, we now have means to communicate, share, inspire, and organize to make this world a better place. It is now a world in which the President of the Islamic Republic of Iran can retweet a statement by the American Secretary of State. I do believe that peace is possible in our time and that the President, always guided by his North Star, will lead the way. Yes We Can.
    And Chips, pictures of Danny are always welcome.
    Everyday I see two or three patients who either are able to get insurance after being priced out previously due to preexisting conditions or are able to send $1000s a year due to the exchanges. Five to ten years from now the Tea Party remnants will be protesting to keep the government’s hands of their Obamacare.

November 28, 2013 at 1:47 pm

Congrats vc #1 :)

Beautiful post Chips – I echo all of your sentiments expressed above, AND I thank YOU for creating this enduring oasis of fun, love, creativity, fact-based information, caring, fellowship, and I could go on…. !

4. 16 Henry Healy
    November 28, 2013 at 1:56 pm

Hi All,

Just wanted to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving!

Your Friend from Moneygall Ireland
    Henry

5. 25 mtmarilyn
    November 28, 2013 at 2:04 pm

Oh Chips, thank you! I think we are all most thankful for President Obama for running. Because of his foresight and willingness to go thru all he and his family are going thru to give this country new Hope. Because of him, Chips started this wonderful blog and because of this blog we have all found each other. I am so blessed that all of you are in my life. I truly do believe we are this country, we are the world and we are the future.

Have a beautiful day!!!!

November 28, 2013 at 2:04 pm

LAWD…

• 28 Layla
      November 28, 2013 at 2:08 pm

Poor poor Mark! Nobody to spend Thanksgiving with..resorting to his useless usual comments in order to draw attention to himself. Must be lonely being him! Mark, go help someone!!!!!

7. 29 Lovepolitics2008
    November 28, 2013 at 2:09 pm

Hi everyone. I don’t post often but lurk a lot. I just had to come and say THANK YOU to UT, but also to Chips, to LL and other contributors of this FANTASTIC website. I don’t know how you do it, day after day. You’ve created a place when we come for information, and for comfort.

In an environment where one of the best presidents ever is confronted with such opposition, such dishonesty, such hate and fear, you guys have created a beautiful on-line community where we supporters can come to get good information, to share our frustrations but also our hopes.

What you are also doing , with this daily documenting of the Obama presidency, is creating an inestimable source of information for future historians. I’m NOT kidding. Day after day, you assemble on this site the essential info of the day, links to good analysis, links to the rare articles that debunk the faux controversy du jour, and even links to the best cartoons that illustrate what’s going on. An historian or an author who wants GOOD info, will save a lot of time if he/she uses your archives.

So congratulations and THANK YOU again so much !!

Now, I’m going to make myself a latte and go enjoy UT’s tribute to the president, on the previous thread. Haven’t had time yet…

8. 30 Anna
    November 28, 2013 at 2:16 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to All. Thank you Chips for this wonderful haven, thank you for all who contribute. UT thank you this day for the wonderful R&S, I had to pinch myself to see if was really alive, living in the time of President Barack Obama. This country, the world, will never, ever be the same, because of what he has done. I shudder when I think of what might have been, if only we could have him just one more term. That is being selfish, he and his family deserve time. Thank you President Barack Obama, we love you, and your family.

9. November 28, 2013 at 2:22 pm

Thank you to Chips, UTA, all mini-BTs and Danny O’CheesyPuffs!’
    ur
    Grateful for TOD and all of TODville.

I thought Thanksgiving was the singular American holiday, one that we can claim as our very own, not inspired by religion or pagan beliefs, so it was a surprise to hear from 99ts yesterday that Aussies celebrate the holiday too! Good for them, the more the merrier.

For those who missed it yesterday, zizi2 posted @HassanRouhani’s will.i.am-inspired video with English sub-titles yesterday (which is available on President Rouhani’s YouTube channel).

Zizi2 mentioned that the video is restricted in Iran, so their citizens will not see women singing and the INCLUSION of languages other than Persian (recall that FLOTUS would like her legacy to be one inclusion).

And this screen shot, which warns against “haste in decision making” dovetails nicely with our very own “No Drama Obama” President.

And here’s what MSM and emoprogs refuse to report or even acknowledge, but is something that everyone with employer-sponsored medical insurance is well-aware of (the tweet from @KennettDems was posted on TOD yesterday — sorry about the link to the Great Satan, but the article includes helpful links to other sources):

Here’s llink to zizi2’s post:

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

November 28, 2013 at 2:30 pm

So thankful for my TOD family….I know that had this wondrous place not been here, if I met any one of you, you would have become my friend for always. I am so grateful for all that gather here, each and every day. Hugs to all.

11. 33 JER
    November 28, 2013 at 2:33 pm

November 28, 2013 at 2:36 pm

Chiparooo, thank you so much for everything you do. For creating a wonderful., amazing, and beautiful community such as TOD. It’s helped keep us sane through the ups and downs and helped us truly enjoy the magnificence that is the Obama family and administration.

Thank you, TODers for all your contributions.

You truly are a special person, Chiparoo. :D

13. November 28, 2013 at 2:37 pm

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

• 37 mtmarilyn
      November 28, 2013 at 4:01 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to you Collegekay. We all here at TOD are so proud of all of your accomplishments. You are our future!

14. 38 nathkatun7
    November 28, 2013 at 2:48 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to all the wonderful people at TOD! Thank you so much Chips for this wonderful space that is filled with love, laughter and knowledge. Thank you UT for your brilliance, day in and day out, and for this wonderful Thanksgiving appreciation of our incredible President. I feel blessed to be alive in the age of Obama.

15. November 28, 2013 at 2:48 pm

16. November 28, 2013 at 2:49 pm

17. November 28, 2013 at 2:50 pm

18. November 28, 2013 at 2:53 pm

The ones about POTUS and FLOTUS are on the previous thread. I went off to clean (eep!!) and chips snuck a new thread in on me.

19. November 28, 2013 at 2:57 pm

Happy Thanksgiving, dear Chips and TOD family! So thankful and grateful for you!

20. 44 Nena20409
    November 28, 2013 at 2:59 pm

2nd Gold on This TODable Thanksgiving day for VC. Congrats.

Had Pork Chops, Cream cheese pie, corn and apple juice so far. So full. So thankful today. Miss my god-child, now married living outside USA.

I am still debating on a glass of wine later. ;)

21. 45 africa
    November 28, 2013 at 3:06 pm

Thank you for this place.

And thanks to everyone for inspiring, encouraging, enlightening and sharing!! Happy Thanksgiving again, to ALL!!

22. 46 FormelyFRED
    November 28, 2013 at 3:08 pm

good afternoon TOD family :grin:

Happy Thanksgiving to each and everyone of you. Mom is home for a Hollyday not working(for once :eek: ) so I am enjoying spending the day with her and a few friends :grin:
    We are doing well
    So very thankful for the President
    hope HZ is doing well
    I’ll stop by again very soon
    until next time,

Fred :wink:

• 47 pkayden
      November 28, 2013 at 3:11 pm

I second your wishes of Happy Turkey/Tofu day to everyone here.

Also love your avatar. Too funny.

November 28, 2013 at 3:14 pm

Wishing you, your mom, and your friends a lovely Thanksgiving, Fred! It’s nice to hear you and mom are doing well.

• 49 HZ
      November 28, 2013 at 10:13 pm

Hello FormelyFRED. (((((((((((((((( Loving hugs to you and Mom)))))))))))))). This is a great Thanksgiving gift. I am so grateful to hear that Mom is doing well and so are you. So wonderful, FRED.

I am doing fine. I have so much to be thankful for at during this wonderful season of my journey, so I allow the blessings to grace my day rather than give too much weight to the things that sometimes want to invade my space. I try hard to push them out when my strength allows me to do so. It is very hard at times; but as my brother speaks to me with his calmness, I settle Up with gratefulness.

FormelyFRED, give Mom a hug from us and take good care of yourself as well. Love you much for thinking of me. Happy Thanksgiving Celebrations to you and your family.HZ

23. November 28, 2013 at 3:14 pm

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO MY FAVORITE PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET! LOVE YOU ALL!

okay. caps off. going to eat now.

24. 51 LadyTNT
    November 28, 2013 at 3:15 pm

I am so thankful that Barack Obama is my President and Michelle Obama is my First Lady!!! I am thankful for the whole First Family and Second Family!!! I am so thankful that I found The Obama Diary!!! Everyone here is a beautiful soul and thank you for your undying support to the President and to each other!! I learn so much here!!! You regulars also keep me laughing!! Thank you Chips for creating this oasis and choosing a great team to keep it up and running smoothly.

I want to give a special shout out to HZ!!! Your words are soul stirring and make me want to be a better person!! I love your wisdom and I cherish it!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my TOD PEEPS!!!

• 52 HZ
      November 28, 2013 at 10:19 pm

LadyTNT, you words are so kind and I gracefully accept the with a very loving and humble spirit. Our family here has such a very special spirit within that is so loving. Thank you for your beautiful spirit as well. I hope your Thanksgiving celebration was very wonderful.HZ

November 28, 2013 at 3:17 pm

Thank YOU, Chips! I’m one of your biggest fans!!!!

November 28, 2013 at 3:32 pm

One of her ‘biggest’, JO’B? You mean the bicycle riding doesn’t really help? Hmmmmm. Coupled with the info Layla left me that WATCHING exercise has value, I’ll have to rethink this exercise bike rendez-vous thingy you and I were working to establish.

November 28, 2013 at 7:33 pm

You are so funny! Yes, I saw that watching exercise article and thought of you, but forgot to go back and “take action” on it!

And define “working to establish … ” (’cause I musta missed a part!).

November 28, 2013 at 7:49 pm

Well, I thought (in the beginning) we discussed more or less keeping each other honest with periodic checks, but 7/8 of the time I forget I’m SUPPOSED to be exercising (until you shoot me a vid). :grin:

Also, I haven’t read Layla’s article as I don’t go to Huffpo unless inadvertently, so I was glad she told me the main point. The watching part sounded like a scientific breakthrough to me. :grin:

26. November 28, 2013 at 3:31 pm

Something you all should consider reading:

“Keeping Secrets: Pierre Omidyar, Glenn Greenwald and the privatization of Snowden’s leaks

Who “owns” the NSA secrets leaked by Edward Snowden to reporters Glenn Greenwald and Laura Poitras?

Given that eBay founder Pierre Omidyar just invested a quarter of a billion dollars to
    personally hire Greenwald and Poitras for his new for-profit media venture, it’s a question worth asking.

It’s especially worth asking since it became clear that Greenwald and Poitras are now the only two people with full access to the complete cache of NSA files, which are said to number anywhere from 50,000 to as many as 200,000 files. That’s right: Snowden doesn’t have the files any more, the Guardian doesn’t have them, the Washington Post doesn’t have them… just Glenn and Laura at the for-profit journalism company created by the founder of eBay.

Edward Snowden has popularly been compared to major whistleblowers such as Daniel Ellsberg, Chelsea Manning and Jeffrey Wigand. However, there is an important difference in the Snowden files that has so far gone largely unnoticed. Whistleblowing has traditionally served the public interest. In this case, it is about to serve the interests of a billionaire starting a for-profit media business venture. This is truly unprecedented. Never before has such a vast trove of public secrets been sold wholesale to a single billionaire as the foundation of a for-profit company.”

More at the link: http://pando.com/2013/11/27/keeping-secrets/

27. 64 Nena20409
    November 28, 2013 at 3:34 pm

A federal lawsuit was filed Monday challenging the state’s ban on same-sex marriage, and it seeks a court order barring Texas officials from enforcing it.

“In Texas, Plaintiffs cannot legally marry their partner before family, friends, and society — a right enjoyed by citizens who wish to marry a person of the opposite sex. And should they become married in a state that has established marriage equality, Texas explicitly voids their marriage,” said the suit, filed in San Antonio by attorney Barry Chasnoff of Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld. “There is no rational basis, much less a compelling government purpose, for Texas to deny plaintiffs the same right to marry enjoyed by the majority of society.”

The suit names as plaintiffs two same-sex couples, Mark Pharris and Vic Holmes and Cleopatra De Leon and Nicole Dimetman, but makes it clear the litigation is pursuing rights for a larger group of people in similar situations.

The suit claims provisions of the Texas constitution and other state laws barring same-sex marriage violate protections of the U.S. constitution, such as the right to equal protection under the law.
    ////

As TX goes…..Yep, so goes the rest of the 50 states.

Scalia, Roberts, Alito and Thomas Can’t STOP That.

28. November 28, 2013 at 3:38 pm

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

I’m truly thankful for every one of you. I honestly think I would’ve gone spare without this community, and the opportunity to write for it. This is one of the things our Community Organizer in Chief envisioned when he declared in 2007. We really are 1000 points of light.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you Chips, and thank you all. I give you an agnostic blessing.

• 66 HZ
      November 28, 2013 at 10:31 pm

LL, thank you for all that you do in the TOD family. Your beautiful gift of writing is so refreshing and brilliant. I hope your day with the missus was enjoyed along with the beautiful weather that we enjoyed on the coast today. HZ

November 28, 2013 at 3:41 pm

Off to find myself some fuel – BBL.

30. 70 lockewasright
    November 28, 2013 at 3:42 pm

I am thankful for recordings of those quaint old days when people played their own instruments (including leads, solos, and harmony), sang without autocorrect, and even wrote some original material from time to time.

Sorry for the grumpy old guy routine, but time spent with youngsters at the local bowling alley yesterday has left me bristling and a little nauseated by what passes for music today. Honestly, I felt close to the same about my own generation’s “music”. My taste in music has always been older than I am.

31. 71 Nena20409
    November 28, 2013 at 3:52 pm

Chips & all the BTs
    TOD Twitter Brigades
    TODable Nation

T H A N K Y O U

32. 72 Nena20409
    November 28, 2013 at 3:56 pm

Another way a Family can express their version of Thanksgiving ;)

Don’t Stop Believing

33. 73 criquet
    November 28, 2013 at 4:00 pm

Hello all. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone .

I don’t get a chance to view the wonders of TOD as often as most but it has become a staple of my internet viewing.
    Thanks to all the regulars for the comity and information they bring, to the blog lieutenants who have all excelled and especially to Ms Chips who just like Pres Obama has persevered through all the hate and muck that comes with having a pro-PBO blog and has done so with brilliance, humor and panache.

My best wishes to all and pets too.

34. 74 Bill R.
    November 28, 2013 at 4:10 pm

Thank you, Chips, UT, and all the wonderful posters, who make this community a refuge of hope and well-being. Our family is gathering at our house tomorrow, because my daughter, who is a hospital oncology nurse, is working today at the hospital caring for the sick. Bless her! She and her husband and my delightful 2 1/2 yr old granddaughter will be with us tomorrow with my wonderful son-in-law’s parents who are dear friends, along with another couple who are dear friends. And guess what? I’m cooking!! My Italian grandmother helped raise me and I worked in her restaurant, so food and cooking are big in my life. Peace and warm wishes to you and your dear ones, near and far. May all beings be happy!

35. 75 forus50
    November 28, 2013 at 4:13 pm

Happy Thanksgiving Chipsticks, the highly esteemed other blog tyrants and TOD family! So MUCH to be thankful for. In addition to everything that’s been said, I just want to thank all of you for your online blogging friendship over the years. To me it’s an important friendship – one that we can count on with each other to help when one of us has had ENOUGH of the other side. :)

This video is a good example of that “pick me up” friendship. One of my favorite little scenes of all the movies I’ve seen.

November 28, 2013 at 4:32 pm

37. 79 africa
    November 28, 2013 at 4:32 pm

This Pope makes me smile every time he speaks out.

November 28, 2013 at 4:46 pm

He makes me smile, too:) What an amazing man…. Well, everyone is SLEEPING at my house, but me :) I’m toodling around the kitchen prepping the dinner. My son works until 5:30, so dinner waits for him today. Hubby just got back from Seattle today, been up since 4am, so he’s sawing logs on the couch as I type….daughter is sleeping as well….had to be at work at 5am this morning….good grief!
      After dinner, we’re supposed to go over to a friend’s house and drink their liquor:) Nice way to end the day…hope everyone is spending the holiday exactly the way you want to, whatever that may be.

38. 81 forus50
    November 28, 2013 at 4:41 pm

39. 83 forus50
    November 28, 2013 at 4:44 pm

40. November 28, 2013 at 4:53 pm

Thank you all for the completely beautiful messages, I looooooooooove ya!!!!

New post: