Dec

Let The Laughter Begin

Thank you, Hopefruit.

Tonight on HGTV at 8PM ET / 7PM CT

Once again, it’s time to visit the White House during one of the most festive times of the year! Follow along with Genevieve Gorder on an exclusive, behind-the-scenes look at how the White House is decorated for the holidays. HGTV will show how each room is transformed to reflect the First Lady’s meaningful theme of 2013. From the official Christmas tree in the Blue Room, to the iconic gingerbread replica of the White House, watch as designers, White House staff and volunteers bring the theme to life for the First Family and America.

48 Responses to “Let The Laughter Begin”

1. 5 Nena20409
    December 15, 2013 at 3:34 pm

:lol:

Laughter is Great for the soul ;)

Good Afternoon TODville Community.

2. 6 Nena20409
    December 15, 2013 at 3:37 pm

Congrats Vetivera24 for your Gold. A tiny nanosecond more, I would have been a contender. Hopefully, my calculator is a tad more accurate today :)

3. December 15, 2013 at 3:41 pm

Congrats on 1st vetvera!!

Great set of toon/tweets, UT!!! :)

From the bottom of the previous thread …

Full List: 2012 Top Ten Anti-Semitic/Anti-Israel Slurs

The Simon Wiesenthal Center’s full annual list of top 10 anti-Semitic slurs:

5. Ukraine’s Anti-Semitic “Svaboda” (Freedom) Party

Oleg Tyagnibok – Leader of the Svaboda Party

In recent elections the radical right party won 41 seats in the Ukrainian Parliament (12% of the popular vote). Tyagnibok has called for purges of the approximately 400,000 Jews and other minorities living in Ukraine and has demanded that Ukraine be liberated from what he calls, the “Muscovite Jewish Mafia.” – Oleg Tyagnibok

• 8 Nena20409
      December 15, 2013 at 3:46 pm

Unfortunately, unless those in the Jewish community raise their voices, out National media would forgive McCain anything. Now had that been a Dem, then all bets are off and the MSM and their rightie mega media echo chamber would run that Dem out of Town…..24/7.

4. 14 Nena20409
    December 15, 2013 at 3:43 pm

George Takei is just too funny.

Leonard Nimoy was my fav Star Trek character.

5. December 15, 2013 at 3:44 pm

Thank yoooooooooou UT, flippin’ hilarious!!!

• 16 utaustinliberal
      December 15, 2013 at 3:47 pm

You’re welcome, Chiparoo. The beauty of Twitter – despite some of its flaws and annoyances – is that one gets to find out how flipping hilarious people are.

December 15, 2013 at 3:56 pm

Music truly is global. Bravo Beyonce, on the spectacular new album. Featuring the words of the awesome Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie?!?! Bravo!

7. December 15, 2013 at 4:05 pm

I love Christmas at the White House…thanks for the Media Alert :)

8. 22 mtmarilyn
    December 15, 2013 at 4:22 pm

Thanks UT, great time for a laugh. I love George Takai! I love to hear him talk, he has such a beautiful voice. Have HGTV dvr’d.

December 15, 2013 at 5:05 pm

Since there is no where to watch the Christmas in Washington tonight I will have to depend on Chipsticks pictures, and I will watch HGTV tonight at 8pm.

9. 24 yardarm756
    December 15, 2013 at 4:37 pm

DA BEARS WIN!

10. 25 carolyn
    December 15, 2013 at 4:38 pm

I especially like “I do not have gray hair, I have wisdom highlights.” That makes those of us of a certain age feel better.
    When I talked to my hairdresser about the gray coming in…she said….”That’s not gray, We call it platinum.” (So I can still be blonde LOL)

11. December 15, 2013 at 4:41 pm

me right now: fever holding steady at 99.6. Dayquil is my friend. Watching Napoli demolish Inter. And my flu shot worked: I got the flu.

12. December 15, 2013 at 5:24 pm

Jimmy Fallon on his new job:

“And he spoke with both boyish wonder and professional ease about his new job — as just the sixth host of “The Tonight Show.”

“Someone was saying that more people have walked on the moon than hosted ‘The Tonight Show,’ ” Fallon told me. “Me, I’ve done both, so that’s really good.”

It’s all just sinking in — this job that most people think is his dream job, but never was.

“There’s no way it could be a dream job because I wouldn’t even dream,” Fallon said. “When I was a kid, you don’t think that Johnny Carson is a job you could have.””

13. December 15, 2013 at 5:32 pm
  14. 38 JER
    December 15, 2013 at 5:33 pm

photo/1/large

15. December 15, 2013 at 6:14 pm
  16. 40 forus50
    December 15, 2013 at 6:21 pm

So because it’s Christmas time on TOD and #BieberChristmas is trending on Twitter at the moment I decided to post one of my new Christmas song favorites “Mistletoe”. I doubt I know one other Justin Bieber song so I’m definitely not a “belielber”, not to mention I’m decades older than him. But it’s such a cute song (lol, I’ve probably watched it 10 times since 2011!) and I enjoy watching the the First Family in it too. So excuse my taste for a moment and if you are worried about my sanity or dismayed that I would post such a thing here just pass on by. :) The end is pretty cute where Sasha and Malia get to chat with him and then POTUS comes over to get them. Justin has the good manners to extend his hand first to the President.

December 15, 2013 at 6:42 pm
  18. December 15, 2013 at 6:47 pm
  19. December 15, 2013 at 6:47 pm

They’re in it for the long haul … #FORWARD

20. 47 Jewelz
    December 15, 2013 at 7:11 pm

TOD family, what is behind the news media new obsession about the lack of access for WH photojournalist? What is their motive? What are they planning? I’m always wary when Fox news starts something, and the rest of the media joins them in parroting the same fake outrage. NBC news spent a segment on this on their evening news with Kristen Welker along with Ron Fournier expressing their outrage and basically accusing the WH of propaganda. These people are beginning to scare me with their constant obsession with President Obama and everything he does. I can’t shake this horrible feeling that they’re planning something very shady. I hope the WH refuse to give them anymore access beyond what is required.

• 48 forus50
      December 15, 2013 at 7:20 pm

They are all just royally pissed that the White House hasn’t had any scandals in 5 years. They are desperate to find SOME THING. Assholes.